PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak steered Broncos through lots of troubled waters

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2016, 04:28 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — At first, C.J. Anderson just didn't get Gary Kubiak's insistence on giving the starters so much rest and the backups so many snaps during spring workouts.

Kubiak said he'd inherited a Denver Broncos team with too big of a gap between the first- and second-stringers when he took over from ousted John Fox.

"When you look at the philosophy in April, you go like, 'Bruh, what is this dude doing?'" Anderson said. "And then you look at it now, it's amazing."

The Broncos (12-4), who host the Pittsburgh Steelers (11-6) on Sunday, epitomize the mantra that it takes everybody to succeed, from the blue-chippers on down to the 53rd guy on the roster.

rest - http://bigstory.ap.org/urn:publicid:ap.org:5a07ac58d4174bc687a9909c45cb19 44

Joel
01-14-2016, 06:57 PM
The question is wtf FOX was doing. Manning ran his offense, Del Rio ran his D, and all Fox did was clap and grin like an idiot all the way to Chicago.

Actually, I shouldn't say, "like;" valid similes are comparisons, not IDENTITIES. :rolleyes:

With Kubiak, Dennison and Phillips, I find myself in the odd position of being more optimistic about the Broncos AFTER Manning than WITH him: Because we're not just depending on ONE aging HoF and a handful of similar hired guns to get us over the top before their bodies or contracts disintegrate. We have a "win from now on" coach to give us a "win from now on" team, a big improvement on Foxs "What, me worry?" "strategy."

BroncoWave
01-14-2016, 06:59 PM
Definitely have to give Kubes credit for the fight this team has shown this season. They never give up and we have had some nice play from the backups at various points.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2016, 07:01 PM
The question is wtf FOX was doing.

Taking us to the Super Bowl.

BroncoWave
01-14-2016, 07:03 PM

And then a year later was chatting it up with Chicago while we were preparing for a playoff game.

NightTerror218
01-14-2016, 07:51 PM

Talent took us to SB not coaching.

TXBRONC
01-14-2016, 07:53 PM

Sandwiched between two one and done efforts my friend.

7DnBrnc53
01-14-2016, 08:27 PM
The question is wtf FOX was doing. Manning ran his offense, Del Rio ran his D, and all Fox did was clap and grin like an idiot all the way to Chicago.

Actually, I shouldn't say, "like;" valid similes are comparisons, not IDENTITIES. :rolleyes:

With Kubiak, Dennison and Phillips, I find myself in the odd position of being more optimistic about the Broncos AFTER Manning than WITH him: Because we're not just depending on ONE aging HoF and a handful of similar hired guns to get us over the top before their bodies or contracts disintegrate. We have a "win from now on" coach to give us a "win from now on" team, a big improvement on Foxs "What, me worry?" "strategy."

Well, I am beginning to think that Kubes may be lost after Wade leaves, but he's still better than Junk Fox, who needed Peyton Manning to get to the SB in Denver and 4 OT's (as we talked about before) to make a SB in Carolina (they should have defeated the overrated Pats if their kicker didn't kick the ball out of bounds, but still, Fox started Rodney Peete on opening day despite signing Delhomme).

Davii
01-14-2016, 09:39 PM
Well, I am beginning to think that Kubes may be lost after Wade leaves, but he's still better than Junk Fox, who needed Peyton Manning to get to the SB in Denver and 4 OT's (as we talked about before) to make a SB in Carolina (they should have defeated the overrated Pats if their kicker didn't kick the ball out of bounds, but still, Fox started Rodney Peete on opening day despite signing Delhomme).

Wade has already said he has no desire to be a head coach again, and I believe him. So, I'm sure he'll be here until he's ready to not coach anymore.

DenBronx
01-14-2016, 09:44 PM
He's also steered us TO troubled waters.

DenBronx
01-14-2016, 09:46 PM

Talent took us to SB not coaching.

Then by that logic we should of been back the very next year.

NightTerror218
01-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Then by that logic we should of been back the very next year.

Not when the team does not have their head in the game. They admitted they over looked the colts.

By that logic....they were not as high powered offense as the SB run. Best offense ever in SB run, not last year.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2016, 10:07 PM
He's also steered us TO troubled waters.

How so?