PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas' mother might finally see him play

Dapper Dan
01-13-2016, 11:52 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Demaryius Thomas is trying to get his mother to Denver so she can see him play football for the first time.

Katina Smith was released from federal prison last summer when President Barack Obama commuted her sentence on drug trafficking charges. It was part of the president's push to reduce the prison population of non-violent offenders.

Smith went to a halfway house in Georgia and was restricted from traveling until now.

Thomas said he hopes she can see him play when the Broncos (12-4) host the Pittsburgh Steelers (11-6) on Sunday.

He said the reunion ''would mean a lot. This would be her first game. I'll be excited. She'll be excited.''

Smith and her mother were arrested when Thomas was 11 years old.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/935556

DenBronx
01-14-2016, 12:50 AM
Hope he catches the damn ball this weekend.

GEM
01-14-2016, 08:39 AM
I hope it happens for him. I also hope she watches a huge play from him like the Tebow to Thomas masterpiece.

EastCoastBronco
01-14-2016, 09:56 AM
Only winners get wings...

Ravage!!!
01-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Only winners get wings...

I thought it was "sprinkles are for winners."

EastCoastBronco
01-14-2016, 11:11 AM
I thought it was "sprinkles are for winners."

I'm out of the loop.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2016, 11:15 AM
I'm out of the loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAw2TXsgBbY

EastCoastBronco
01-14-2016, 11:18 AM
I have to give DT extra props because I was so hard on him earlier in the season...;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOmIORUzuc

Buff
01-14-2016, 11:32 AM
I thought this was already a story earlier this season.

I'm a selfish, jaded, cynical curmudgeon who wants him to have zero distractions - so maybe she can wait to see him play in the preseason next year.

BroncoWave
01-14-2016, 11:36 AM

I'm a selfish, jaded, cynical curmudgeon who wants him to have zero distractions - so maybe she can wait to see him play in the preseason next year.

It's a story again now because her travel restrictions have been lifted and this is the first time she can see him in person.

Bronco4ever
01-14-2016, 11:37 AM
This could either be a really good thing or a really bad thing. Here's to hoping DT plays lights out in front of his momma! :beer:

Ravage!!!
01-14-2016, 11:42 AM

Seems people play outstanding in situations like this. I find this to be and "incentive" much more than a distraction.

Buff
01-14-2016, 11:48 AM
Seems people play outstanding in situations like this. I find this to be and "incentive" much more than a distraction.

Normally I'd agree, but we're talking about Droppy McDropperson here.

Ravage!!!
01-14-2016, 11:56 AM

Yeah... I liked the way he played in our last game. The last game was the first time I've seen him play similar to what we saw from him in the Super Bowl. I'm hoping he keeps that, because I've been waiting to see that Super Bowl fire from him, and just haven't.

tubby
01-14-2016, 12:08 PM
Thanks Obama

Cugel
01-14-2016, 02:24 PM
I hope it happens for him. I also hope she watches a huge play from him like the Tebow to Thomas masterpiece.

Probably the only really good pass Tebow ever threw in the NFL.

Dapper Dan
01-14-2016, 09:16 PM

He doesn't have a dropping problem.

Buff
01-14-2016, 09:25 PM

Oh, ok, well thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'll go back and delete my post then.

tubby
01-14-2016, 09:32 PM

Welp you need to see an optometrist

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2016, 06:27 PM
Sunday will be a special day for Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas.

His mother, Katina Smith, will see him play football for the first time.

Thomas' sister, Tyeshia Smith, told the Denver Post that her mother will travel to Denver on Saturday and stay through the weekend to attend the Broncos' divisional playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"She said she's ready. She's excited," said Tyeshia Smith, a sophomore basketball player at Darton State in Albany, Georgia.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29391071/demaryius-thomas-mother-will-see-her-son-play

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2016, 05:28 PM
Demaryius Thomas is new voice of Denver International Airport trains

you can hear Demaryius on link - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2016/01/07/demaryius-thomas-is-new-voice-of-denver-international-airport-trains/37075/

So, with his Mom coming here today, she will hear her son's voice at DIA. I hope DT did not tell her ahead of time.

pnbronco
01-16-2016, 06:16 PM
This could either be a really good thing or a really bad thing. Here's to hoping DT plays lights out in front of his momma! :beer:

This is where I am too....I want him to have a great game but don't want the distractions....focus....focus....focus.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2016, 09:25 AM
from article:

With the bye, Sunday became the perfect time. But Katina's first trip to Denver was initially held up because she is not permitted to be in a drug environment, and Colorado has legalized marijuana. But her parole officer allowed her to come, and she was scheduled to arrive Saturday. Demaryius had been coy because he didn't want an avalanche of media attention on his mom, or a distraction from his preparation for the Steelers. But friends and family knew, and informed me several days ago.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_29394548/paige-broncos-steelers-demaryius-thomas-mom

slim
01-17-2016, 12:10 PM

A catching problem?

Dapper Dan
01-17-2016, 10:42 PM
A catching problem?

No.

mouthofsouth
01-18-2016, 05:37 AM
It was neat that he scored the two-point conversion and Peyton gave him the ball, telling him, "Give it to your mother." What a great souvenir. She must be so proud of her son!

DenBronx
01-18-2016, 05:47 AM
Our WRs dropped I think a playoff record of at least 6. I don't know what's going on or what has happened to these guys but this CAN NOT happen against NE. If we play even remotely close to that we will lose in embarrassing fashion.

Demaryius, Sanders, Davis and company all need to spend this whole week on the jugs machine.

Dapper Dan
01-18-2016, 06:04 AM
I think they were screwed up by the wind. 2nd half seemed a little better.

Dapper Dan
01-18-2016, 06:08 AM
No Denver Bronco has had more playoff catches than Demaryius Thomas.

Ziggy
01-18-2016, 10:19 AM
DT has been in the top 5 in dropped passes in the NFL for the last 3 seasons. In 2014 he led the league in drops. Yes he's a top 10 receiver but let's not act like he doesn't have a huge issue with dropping the ball.

OB
01-18-2016, 06:13 PM
DT has been in the top 5 in dropped passes in the NFL for the last 3 seasons. In 2014 he led the league in drops. Yes he's a top 10 receiver but let's not act like he doesn't have a huge issue with dropping the ball.

Exactly - some of the best RBs were some of the worst fumblers - didnt Tiki Barber have one?

Northman
01-18-2016, 06:18 PM

Well, dont tell Dapper that. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-18-2016, 08:17 PM
Since this thread was started in regards to DT's mother being able to attend the game yesterday, I thought it would be fitting to post the following here.

Victor Lombardi

My interview with DT's mom. After 15 years in prison, first time she got to attend one of his games

https://www.facebook.com/victor.lombardi.2/videos/1133057106706446/

Dapper Dan
01-18-2016, 09:00 PM
Well, dont tell Dapper that. :lol:

Something to back it up would be nice.

Dapper Dan
01-18-2016, 09:06 PM
So I looked up drop stats for 2015. There's no doubt he's using total drops, where DT is 5th. That does not take into account number of targets, catches, or anything else. Yes, a WR with 100 catches might have more drops than a WR with 10. When you use drop %, DT is nowhere near the top. I'll look more into it when I get on my laptop.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2016, 01:13 AM
2015 Stats according to http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

I compiled this by using their drop percentage and I only included players with 50 catches or more.

Worst Drop Percentage 2015 (the list where you do not want to be at the top)

1 Martavis Bryant
2 Julian Edelman
3 Tyler Eifert
4 Amari Cooper
5 Mike Evans
6 Devonta Freeman
7 Davante Adams
8 Brandon Marshall
9 Michael Crabtree
10 Michael Floyd
11 Charles Clay
12 Demaryius Thomas
13 John Brown
14 Randall Cobb
15 Benjamin Watson
16 Terrance Williams
17 Alshon Jeffery
18 Cole Beasley
19 Jordan Matthews
20 Travis Kelce

Best Drop Percentage 2015 (the list where you want to be at the top)

1 Theo Riddick
2 Jason Witten
3 Heath Miller
4 Larry Fitzgerald
5 Rob Gronkowski
6 T.Y. Hilton
7 Pierre Garcon
8 Willie Snead
9 Keenan Allen
10 Jacob Tamme
11 Charles Sims
12 A.J. Green
13 DeAndre Hopkins
14 Jeremy Maclin
15 Brandin Cooks
16 Kamar Aiken
17 Jordan Reed
18 Anquan Boldin
19 Doug Baldwin
20 Marvin Jones

Dapper Dan
01-19-2016, 01:41 AM
Here's the same for 2014, 2013, and 2012.

Worst Drops 2014

1 Mohamed Sanu
2 Reggie Wayne
3 Steve Smith Sr.
4 Dwayne Bowe
5 Marques Colston
6 Kelvin Benjamin
7 Jimmy Graham
8 Michael Crabtree
9 Allen Hurns
10 Julian Edelman
11 Jordan Matthews
12 Travis Kelce
13 Martellus Bennett
14 Heath Miller
15 Demaryius Thomas
16 Coby Fleener
17 Anquan Boldin
18 T.Y. Hilton
19 Rob Gronkowski
20 Mychal Rivera

Best Drops 2014

1 Pierre Garcon
2 Larry Fitzgerald
3 Emmanuel Sanders
4 Kendall Wright
5 Keenan Allen
6 Antonio Gates
7 Golden Tate
8 Jeremy Maclin
9 Harry Douglas
10 Odell Beckham Jr.
11 Jordan Reed
12 Brandin Cooks
13 Greg Olsen
14 DeMarco Murray
15 A.J. Green
16 Brandon LaFell
17 Jarvis Landry
18 Fred Jackson
19 Malcom Floyd
20 Jason Witten

Worst Drops 2013

1 Reggie Bush
2 Wes Welker
3 Joique Bell
4 Cecil Shorts III
5 Jamaal Charles
6 Brandon Marshall
7 Jared Cook
8 Stevie Johnson
9 Brian Hartline
10 Knowshon Moreno
11 DeMarco Murray
12 Vincent Jackson
13 Demaryius Thomas
14 Steve Smith Sr.
15 Julian Edelman
16 Calvin Johnson
17 Eric Decker
18 Torrey Smith
19 Roddy White
20 Rod Streater

Best Drops 2013

1 Nate Washington
2 Darren Sproles
3 Marques Colston
4 Danny Woodhead
5 Tim Wright
6 Larry Fitzgerald
7 Jacquizz Rodgers
8 Jordan Cameron
9 Keenan Allen
10 Golden Tate
11 Jimmy Graham
12 Mike Wallace
13 Martellus Bennett
14 Julius Thomas
15 DeAndre Hopkins
16 Coby Fleener
17 DeSean Jackson
18 Jordy Nelson
19 Pierre Thomas
20 Tony Gonzalez

Worst Drops 2012

1 Aaron Hernandez
2 Jimmy Graham
3 Brandon Pettigrew
4 Randall Cobb
5 Jermichael Finley
6 Brent Celek
7 Denarius Moore
8 Marcedes Lewis
9 Victor Cruz
10 Brandon Myers
11 Jermaine Gresham
12 Rob Gronkowski
13 Demaryius Thomas
14 Trent Richardson
15 Andre Roberts
16 Cecil Shorts
17 T.Y. Hilton
18 Martellus Bennett
19 Dez Bryant
20 Eric Decker

Best Drops 2012

1 Jason Avant
2 Danny Amendola
3 Percy Harvin
4 Larry Fitzgerald
5 Vincent Jackson
6 James Jones
7 Hakeem Nicks
8 Dennis Pitta
9 Sidney Rice
10 Roddy White
11 Greg Olsen
12 Brian Hartline
13 Jeremy Kerley
14 Tony Gonzalez
15 Miles Austin
16 Jacquizz Rodgers
17 Malcom Floyd
18 Jacob Tamme
19 Anquan Boldin
20 Ray Rice

Valar Morghulis
01-19-2016, 01:50 AM
Therefore surely a case can be made that someone who is consistently in the top 15 worst drops list should not be getting top 3 wide receiver money?

I like DT, I just think his play should reflect his wages.

He is the best of the rest in my eyes, but outside the elite bracket because of this dropping issue

Dapper Dan
01-19-2016, 02:02 AM
Therefore surely a case can be made that someone who is consistently in the top 15 worst drops list should not be getting top 3 wide receiver money?

He is the best of the rest in my eyes, but outside the elite bracket because of this dropping issue

I agree that it sucks he has been in the top 15, but the way people trash him, you'd think he was in the top 5, or at least top 10. There are still a lot of good players in those top 20 lists and no one claims they have a dropping problem. As for the pay thing, that's getting to be a real pet peeve of mine. People want to judge a player by his draft position and his pay. Let me ask you, which players are paid those most at their position at are also the best at their position? Who is the best Quarterback in the NFL? Jay Cutler or Colin Kaepernick? What about Defensive Tackle? Suh or Dareus? Has Revis been the best CB the past few seasons? I don't buy that as an adequate qualifier for a players judge of talent. I'm happy Demaryius Thomas hasn't been playing like a $3 million dollar WR, because that's what he has been getting paid. The next one to feel the wrath will be Derek Wolfe. There's no way in hell people will be satisfied with him getting over $9million per season. Every little mistake he makes will be pointed out.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2016, 02:10 AM
DT is tied for Dez as the 4th highest paid WR, right under Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, and Julio Jones. Right above TY Hilton, Mike Wallace, and Vincent Jackson.

4th highest paid at their positions.

Eli Manning
Lesean Mccoy
Charles Clay
Chris Baker
Cam Heyward
Vontaze Burfict

etc.

Edit:
These figures are for full contract. When looking at year by year, DT is 3rd in 2015, 4th in 2016, 8th in 2017, 9th in 2018, and 2nd in 2019. Two of those years he is set to make less than Jeremy freakin Maclin. At no point is he the highest paid WR in the NFL.

Valar Morghulis
01-19-2016, 03:21 AM
I agree that it sucks he has been in the top 15, but the way people trash him, you'd think he was in the top 5, or at least top 10. There are still a lot of good players in those top 20 lists and no one claims they have a dropping problem. As for the pay thing, that's getting to be a real pet peeve of mine. People want to judge a player by his draft position and his pay. Let me ask you, which players are paid those most at their position at are also the best at their position? Who is the best Quarterback in the NFL? Jay Cutler or Colin Kaepernick? What about Defensive Tackle? Suh or Dareus? Has Revis been the best CB the past few seasons? I don't buy that as an adequate qualifier for a players judge of talent. I'm happy Demaryius Thomas hasn't been playing like a $3 million dollar WR, because that's what he has been getting paid. The next one to feel the wrath will be Derek Wolfe. There's no way in hell people will be satisfied with him getting over $9million per season. Every little mistake he makes will be pointed out.

I would be unhappy if we were paying those guys as well.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2016, 03:30 AM
I would be unhappy if we were paying those guys as well.

Okay.

Ravage!!!
01-19-2016, 11:00 AM

You think they base the money on drop percentage???? :confused:

Buff
01-19-2016, 12:16 PM
So I looked up drop stats for 2015. There's no doubt he's using total drops, where DT is 5th. That does not take into account number of targets, catches, or anything else. Yes, a WR with 100 catches might have more drops than a WR with 10. When you use drop %, DT is nowhere near the top. I'll look more into it when I get on my laptop.

There is no problem - everything is fine.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/sites/default/files/uploads/2012/12/Iraqi-Information-Minister.jpeg

MOtorboat
01-19-2016, 12:42 PM

It does.

Valar Morghulis
01-19-2016, 02:09 PM
You think they base the money on drop percentage???? :confused:

This is obviously some kind of rhetorical comment, designed to be condescending.

Of course I don't. His elite wages, should mean he is pretty elite, across the board, I don't think he is. he has a glaring hole in his game, it would seem that hole appears in his hands during games.

I can live with mo's belief that everything else he brings to the table compensates for his consistently high drop ratio but to claim he has no issues dropping the ball is disingenuous.

Regarding his wages I just don't think it is unreasonable that someone who gets paid for his position the way he does gets the fundamentals consistently right.

Dapper Dan
01-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Until that Patriots game, I had never heard anyone say DT had an issue with dropping passes.

Mike
01-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Until that Patriots game, I had never heard anyone say DT had an issue with dropping passes.

Where have you been all year? He's been solid but nowhere near reliable (especially the second half of the season). Definitely not worth what the Broncos are paying him.

Dapper Dan
01-20-2016, 10:23 AM
He's not been consistent except for the fact that he's had over 90 catches and 1300 yards for the 4th straight year. Something only Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison has done.

Dapper Dan
01-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Like I've said already. No one was bitching when he put up amazing numbers for $3 million but now that the dude finally got paid, we shit all over him. Poor Derek Wolfe.

Buff
01-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Like I've said already. No one was bitching when he put up amazing numbers for $3 million but now that the dude finally got paid, we shit all over him. Poor Derek Wolfe.

I think your defense is sort of misguided here. We can still like him but be critical of his drops, which are clearly elevated and problematic. To your point, he only drops ~5% of balls, which isn't terrible when you compare him to guys seeing fewer targets like Bubba Caldwell - but it's still below average and not what you'd like to see from your highest paid offensive player not named Manning.

Valar Morghulis
01-20-2016, 10:45 AM

I don't understand, why would we complain when he out performed his contract. That was what earned him hood new deal, now he is not living up to it.

Still a great player, but not playing to the level expected in his deal

Derek Wolfe deserves his deal, as long as he continues to earn it there will be no issues.

Dapper Dan
01-20-2016, 10:47 AM
I think your defense is sort of misguided here. We can still like him but be critical of his drops, which are clearly elevated and problematic. To your point, he only drops ~5% of balls, which isn't terrible when you compare him to guys seeing fewer targets like Bubba Caldwell - but it's still below average and not what you'd like to see from your highest paid offensive player not named Manning.

If he only dropped about 2% of his passes he would get paid much more than we are paying him. He already earns his pay. He's a top 5 NFL WR and so he will get top 5 WR pay. I'm not sure how that's misunderstood. He's our highest paid offensive player. Well, he's also our best offensive player. I don't see the problem.

Dapper Dan
01-20-2016, 10:55 AM
I don't understand, why would we complain when he out performed his contract. That was what earned him hood new deal, now he is not living up to it.

Still a great player, but not playing to the level expected in his deal

Derek Wolfe deserves his deal, as long as he continues to earn it there will be no issues.

There's no way Wolfe will ever do enough for fans to be content with that contract. He will be one of our highest paid defenders. Not to mention is in the program where he is drug tested more. God forbid something happen there. I love Wolfe and I'm glad he's staying. But it's just a matter of time before fans start complaining about him too.

Do you seriously think DT hasn't played up to his contract? He had over 100 catches for over 1300 yards. That's pretty damn good for a supposed down year.

Buff
01-20-2016, 11:01 AM
If he only dropped about 2% of his passes he would get paid much more than we are paying him. He already earns his pay. He's a top 5 NFL WR and so he will get top 5 WR pay. I'm not sure how that's misunderstood. He's our highest paid offensive player. Well, he's also our best offensive player. I don't see the problem.

The problem is that he drops too many ******* balls. That's the problem.

Valar Morghulis
01-20-2016, 11:03 AM
There's no way Wolfe will ever do enough for fans to be content with that contract. He will be one of our highest paid defenders. Not to mention is in the program where he is drug tested more. God forbid something happen there. I love Wolfe and I'm glad he's staying. But it's just a matter of time before fans start complaining about him too. Do you seriously think DT hasn't played up to his contract? He had over 100 catches for over 1300 yards. That's pretty damn good for a supposed down year.

I will complain about Wolfe if he stops playing to the high level that he has shown capable of. But as at right now he earned his pay deal and I have no problems with him wanting what he does.

As for Thomas, he has had a great season, I am delighted he is a bronco.... But the dude has a problem with dropping the ball, that for me means that he is being over paid. If he was on Sanders' salary, or even Mike Wallace's, there would be no complaints, but my opinion is that when you earn the big bucks, your play needs to continuously reflect that, with the exception of the odd down day, for me, he had too many stupid drops.

Dapper Dan
01-20-2016, 11:09 AM
The problem is that he drops too many ******* balls. That's the problem.

And he also catches too many ******* balls for too many ******* yards.

Valar Morghulis
01-20-2016, 11:13 AM
And he also catches too many ******* balls for too many ******* yards.

To earn his wages he should catch more

Buff
01-20-2016, 11:18 AM
To earn his wages he should catch more

I think this is the thing Dan is having such an issue with, because it's such a subjective measurement. I'm not as focused on a production per dollar basis - I just want his number of absolute drops to be reduced.

tubby
01-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Dan do you own an 88 jersey?

tubby
01-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Drops are absolute drive killers and unacceptable. I get one or two here and there but this is every game! It's a total lack of concentration. Has the look of someone who got paid and doesn't love football.

Valar Morghulis
01-20-2016, 12:00 PM
I think this is the thing Dan is having such an issue with, because it's such a subjective measurement. I'm not as focused on a production per dollar basis - I just want his number of absolute drops to be reduced.

Ok. I think he drops to often and should catch more.

BroncoJoe
01-20-2016, 12:41 PM
What do we care what they make? Never understood that argument. It's not like "we're" paying them.

DT has dropped many VERY catchable balls this year. He's also made some great catches.

Wanna talk or complain about someone who is overpaid? Start with Manning.

LawDog
01-20-2016, 12:44 PM
He's not been consistent except for the fact that he's had over 90 catches and 1300 yards for the 4th straight year. Something only Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison has done.

Consistency is being the only player to have been on the 20 worst drop percentage for four straight years. Only Edelman comes close at three straight (and getting worse going from 15 - 10 - 2 on the list), and a small group who've been on the list twice.

MOtorboat
01-20-2016, 12:59 PM

What's the average?

chazoe60
01-20-2016, 01:11 PM
We all love DT don't we? But holy shit, to deny he needs to clean up his dropped pass problem is either blind homerism or complete misunderstanding of the game. Even DT would probably tell you he's dropped too many passes.

It's been an issue for him since the beginning. I remember a sure touchdown in the Tebow era Bears comeback game that hit him right in the hands perfectly in stride with no one within 10 yards of him and it just bounced right off his hands.

It's definitely an issue and one he will always need to work on. It's also one we may just have to live with, his other phenomenal talents make it worth it, but they don't mean we can't bitch about the drops.

In other words, I love you DT you are a complete badass now go catch the ******* ball.

Buff
01-20-2016, 02:29 PM
What's the average?

Well I think you'd have to establish a minimum number of targets to have a meaningful average - because the guy who has dropped 2 of 10 balls thrown to him is obviously going to skew the numbers. But as you go down the list here of guys who had the most receptions - it's obvious that it's high for an elite WR.

Julio Jones - 3%
Antonio Brown - 1%
Deandre Hopkins - 1.6%
Larry Fitz - 0.7%
Odell Beckham - 3.2%

Just to name a few.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

MOtorboat
01-20-2016, 02:57 PM
Well I think you'd have to establish a minimum number of targets to have a meaningful average - because the guy who has dropped 2 of 10 balls thrown to him is obviously going to skew the numbers. But as you go down the list here of guys who had the most receptions - it's obvious that it's high for an elite WR.

Julio Jones - 3%
Antonio Brown - 1%
Deandre Hopkins - 1.6%
Larry Fitz - 0.7%
Odell Beckham - 3.2%

Just to name a few.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

Thanks for the link.

I'm still not that worried about it, though. It's like the turnover thing with passing. So the rate is 5 percent. He catches 60 percent. You can't stop throwing to him because there's a 5 percent chance he drops it, especially when he's catching 105 passes for 1300+ yards. You can't stop throwing the ball because there's an interception on 4 percent of the plays, when you're likely to complete it 65 percent of the time.

tubby
01-20-2016, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the link.

I'm still not that worried about it, though. It's like the turnover thing with passing. So the rate is 5 percent. He catches 60 percent. You can't stop throwing to him because there's a 5 percent chance he drops it, especially when he's catching 105 passes for 1300+ yards. You can't stop throwing the ball because there's an interception on 4 percent of the plays, when you're likely to complete it 65 percent of the time.

A drop on 3rd down is essentially a turnover. And it certainly is a TO on 4th down.

You don't have to be worried about it but at least tell me youre frustrated MO.

MOtorboat
01-20-2016, 07:01 PM
A drop on 3rd down is essentially a turnover. And it certainly is a TO on 4th down.

You don't have to be worried about it but at least tell me your frustrated MO.

The ideal number of drops is obviously zero.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas finished Sunday's 23-16 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers with 50 career catches in the playoffs, breaking Rod Smith's old franchise record of 49 career postseason receptions, per NFL on ESPN on Twitter.

Playing with his mother in attendance for the first time in his career, the 28-year-old Thomas enjoyed one his more memorable days in the NFL despite finishing with a stat line that didn't quite live up to his own lofty standards.

He dropped at least one pass and only had four receptions for 40 yards on eight targets, but he did make a crucial two-point conversion to extend the Broncos' lead from five points to seven with three minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.

Though always somewhat prone to drops, Thomas more than makes up for it with his penchant for big plays and ability to get open on a consistent basis.

His playoff career has been highly impressive on the whole, with Thomas catching 50 passes for 739 yards and six touchdowns on 82 targets in eight appearances.

rest - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2605525-demaryius-thomas-breaks-broncos-record-for-receptions-in-playoffs

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2016, 11:00 PM
Woman Who Makes Custom Jerseys Made One Broncos Jersey That Made Her Cry

video, plus article
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/01/21/woman-who-makes-custom-jerseys-made-one-broncos-jersey-that-made-her-cry/

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Demaryius Thomas has just sent his mother a picture of the most unlikely Super Bowl ticket of all, the one intended for her, and now Katina Smith has a few days to decide whether she's prepared to take it.

It's been just six months since President Barack Obama granted her clemency and released her from federal prison 15 years into a 20-year drug sentence. It's been 10 weeks since she left a halfway house and moved back home; eight weeks since she bought her first cellphone; five weeks since she learned to drive again; and four weeks since she met some of her nieces and nephews for the first time. It's been two days since her most recent panic attack, which she spent holed up in her bedroom, overwhelmed by the freedoms and stresses of the outside world.

"I'm like a child," she tells Demaryius during a phone call. "I have to relearn everything. It's information overload, and my head is about to explode."

rest - plus video
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14687893/demaryius-thomas-mother-makes-hard-choice-super-bowl

Joel
02-02-2016, 12:37 AM
rest - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2605525-demaryius-thomas-breaks-broncos-record-for-receptions-in-playoffs
Right, but that just tells us he's 1) had a lot of playoff games where he was 2) thrown to a lot. It doesn't tell us a thing about how many he dropped, except that the law of averages says there were probably a lot of those, too. 2013 and 2011 were really the only years it wasn't a problem; remember the long catches with soul-crushing fumbles in 2012? I love the guy and still think a lot of the problem's been nagging injuries going back to early last year (plus his moms drama.)

WHATEVER it is though, he's got 6 days to clean it up or he may NEVER win a SB. Really is just that simple; it's hard to believe Manning wouldn't have second thoughts about going to him in a SB everyone knows is the last game of his career. Easy SB drops can define even HoF careers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHylWmLDPcs).

MOtorboat
02-02-2016, 12:55 AM
Right, but that just tells us he's 1) had a lot of playoff games where he was 2) thrown to a lot. It doesn't tell us a thing about how many he dropped, except that the law of averages says there were probably a lot of those, too. 2013 and 2011 were really the only years it wasn't a problem; remember the long catches with soul-crushing fumbles in 2012? I love the guy and still think a lot of the problem's been nagging injuries going back to early last year (plus his moms drama.)

WHATEVER it is though, he's got 6 days to clean it up or he may NEVER win a SB. Really is just that simple; it's hard to believe Manning wouldn't have second thoughts about going to him in a SB everyone knows is the last game of his career. Easy SB drops can define even HoF careers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHylWmLDPcs).

After all, we can't celebrate one damn bit when a Denver player does something good.

MOtorboat
02-02-2016, 12:56 AM

Thomas is a ******* stud and Denver is lucky to have him. All the playoff success this team has had and he's the absolute best we've ever had at his position.

A great receiver.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Thomas is a ******* stud and Denver is lucky to have him. All the playoff success this team has had and he's the absolute best we've ever had at his position.

A great receiver.

100% correct.

BroncoJoe
02-02-2016, 01:18 AM
I honestly wish everyone would just put him on ignore. Maybe he'd leave the site if no one responded to his lunacy.

Poet
02-02-2016, 01:22 AM

You don't have to be worried about it but at least tell me youre frustrated MO.

No, it's not remotely close to a turnover. If he drops the ball you get to kick the ball; this could be a punt, or a field goal, and the field position game remains in tact.

Joel
02-02-2016, 05:28 AM
After all, we can't celebrate one damn bit when a Denver player does something good.
Who said that? I'm gonna just start posting blank text and let you respond to whatever you THINK/WISH is there; that's pretty much what you always do anyway.

SR
02-02-2016, 07:24 AM
I honestly wish everyone would just put him on ignore. Maybe he'd leave the site if no one responded to his lunacy.

He would quote himself and reply.

EastCoastBronco
02-02-2016, 07:50 AM

A great receiver.

He's a ******* stud who has been playing lazy, unfocused, "I just got paid", football all season long.
I'd take an Eddie Mac or Rod Smith over DT any day of the week.
Less talent but ten times the heart and motivation.

Stats that DT got 2 years ago aren't helping us NOW.
I really hope he shows up and plays hard on Sunday.
I really do.

#fightForTheDamnBall
#catchTheDamnBall

Joel
02-02-2016, 09:03 AM
He's a ******* stud who has been playing lazy, unfocused, "I just got paid", football all season long.

I really do.

#fightForTheDamnBall
#catchTheDamnBall
Me, too, because, while I still suspect a lot of it's been injuries, whether it's that, his mom or something else, 2 weeks probably haven't changed it. I love DT to death; I just keep picturing balls bouncing off his hands, up into the air and straight into Normans, or Kuechlys, or Colemans, or Davis', or....

He's GOT to be on: That's just IT. Even if we go with a run-heavy, trust-the-D game plan, and even if it works, we're gonna have some long downs, and we can't just chunk it to Sanders to go fetch and get killed over the middle every time. We need our #1 WR to PLAY like the guy who set a receptions record in his last SB and got us our ONLY score when pretty much everyone but he, Manning and the D gave up before the game even started.

He HAS fought for balls, and caught them: Now he MUST. Win one for the momma, man!

Northman
02-02-2016, 09:09 AM
DT is good, not Brandon Marshall good but good. He's had some problems this year whether its lack of focus or just laziness at times i dont know but to be fair to him he has also made some plays when we needed it. I just wish they would be more frequent than they have been since that was the reason the team shoveled out big money to him. Hopefully he comes into the SB focused and ready to lay it all out there but the same can be said for the rest of the team as well.

Northman
02-02-2016, 09:12 AM

Actually people did bitch to some degree even when he wasnt getting paid. But as with any job when you start to rise to the top making top dollar more is expected of you at the same time. And lets not pretend that You, MO, or whoever else is butthurt about the criticism dont do your fair share on other players on the team. I mean, come on now.

Northman
02-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Wanna talk or complain about someone who is overpaid? Start with Manning.

Where you been? People have been talking about Manning's problems all year. :lol:

Northman
02-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the link.

Who said to stop throwing to him?

The only thing that has been pointed out is we would like him to catch passes in the more critical of times. Has nothing to do with hate, this offense is stagnant a it is so when your top receiver keeps dropping drive killing passes it is a bit of a concern.

Joel
02-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Actually people did bitch to some degree even when he wasnt getting paid. But as with any job when you start to rise to the top making top dollar more is expected of you at the same time. And lets not pretend that You, MO, or whoever else is butthurt about the criticism dont do your fair share on other players on the team. I mean, come on now.
Ooo, ooo, can we go back to playing Mannings Noodle-Arm Causes DTs Drops vs. DTs Drops Cause Mannings Incompletes? That's always a blast. :)

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2016, 11:50 AM
I can't remember if it was a local or national sports person who said that the Broncos need to find a way to get DT involved in the SB, as he has been DOUBLE COVERED most of the year.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Most good WRs are double teamed. DT has the talent to overcome that. He certainly showed up in the last Super Bowl, so I'm hoping we would see more of THAT DT. I honestlly thought we would see more of THAT DT in the regular season following the SUper Bowl, as it appeared to really be his break-out game. Showing a true dominant WR.

He's not the most talented WR we've had, as Brandon Marshal is heads over him, but he's certainly talented. Mannings velocity IS a problem in certain circumstances, but not most of the time. The game against the *patriots seemed to show a more 'focused' WR corp that was bound to catch the ball, first. I think DT will have a good game. Need to MAKE him a part of the game, as he has the talent to cause problems for the opposing defense.

MOtorboat
02-02-2016, 12:01 PM

I really do.

#fightForTheDamnBall
#catchTheDamnBall

Lazy people don't catch 100 passes a season for 3 straight seasons in the NFL. So forgive me if I continue to laugh at this crap.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Yaeh.. I'm critical of DTs drops in tough moments, but EastCoast has taken it wayyyyy beyond reality.

NightTerror218
02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Most good WRs are double teamed. DT has the talent to overcome that. He certainly showed up in the last Super Bowl, so I'm hoping we would see more of THAT DT. I honestlly thought we would see more of THAT DT in the regular season following the SUper Bowl, as it appeared to really be his break-out game. Showing a true dominant WR.

He's not the most talented WR we've had, as Brandon Marshal is heads over him, but he's certainly talented. Mannings velocity IS a problem in certain circumstances, but not most of the time. The game against the *patriots seemed to show a more 'focused' WR corp that was bound to catch the ball, first. I think DT will have a good game. Need to MAKE him a part of the game, as he has the talent to cause problems for the opposing defense.

I think DT will be a non factor. A few big catches but I think Norman will take him out of the game. I hope I am wrong and he needs to have safety help which frees up one on one with sanders.

The middle of the field scares the crap out of me with ball hawking LBs. I think we will see a lot of passes to sidelines when Manning passes, minimizing ints.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 12:30 PM
I think DT will be a non factor. A few big catches but I think Norman will take him out of the game. I hope I am wrong and he needs to have safety help which frees up one on one with sanders.

The middle of the field scares the crap out of me with ball hawking LBs. I think we will see a lot of passes to sidelines when Manning passes, minimizing ints.

I don 't think they can nor will simply cover him 1-v-1 throughout the game, that woudl be stupid...and they don't have the DBs to do that. So that being the case, even if he doesn' thave a "big catch" game, he's not a non-factor as he HAS to be accounted for when he's lined up and on the field.

Also... I don't think you see us run the ball a lot, as our run game absolutely blows chunks. We will HAVE to attack the field, and the middle of the field to do it. Can't avoid the middle of the field.

Northman
02-02-2016, 12:56 PM
I doubt Kubes will totally air it out in this game. We have to be able to run the ball or we lose.

Joel
02-02-2016, 02:21 PM
I doubt Kubes will totally air it out in this game. We have to be able to run the ball or we lose.
Well, it got us this far, so there is that; we don't want another SB where our D plays a great game against an average offense but the offense throws the game away before the end of the 1st qtr. It would help a lot if comparing each teams season wasn't such apples and oranges. But if anyone forgot how hopeless even the best one-dimensional offense is, Brady just reminded us. In a perfect world, Carolinas one MAN offense commits all the turnovers, OUR D feasts, and that's it.

After all, Dallas' offense was pretty unimpressive in SB XXX: Still won by 10.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 02:32 PM

Oh.. I agree tht we HAVE to try and run, if nothing else to keep the LBs from blitzing and to keep them from dropping TOO deep into coverage. We'll continue to TRY and run, but I just don't think that is where we will have any success, and the run attempts will be pretty minimal.

HOWEVER..... I'm hoping we are running the ball a LOT as that means our defense is rocking it and we are in the game without a "rushing" mentality. That plays better into our hands.

Poet
02-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Ravage, if one were to pull out the stupid combines stats, DT would be neck and neck with Marshall. Marshall fell because of character issues, and DT fell because he was really 'raw'. Yet many scouts had him grading out higher than Dez Bryant.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Ravage, if one were to pull out the stupid combines stats, DT would be neck and neck with Marshall. Marshall fell because of character issues, and DT fell because he was really 'raw'. Yet many scouts had him grading out higher than Dez Bryant.

A perfect example as to why stats never tell the whole story in any discussion when it comes to talent that is actually ON the field. The stats can certainly be a part of the discussion, they can start the discussion, but the discussion is never ended 'because' of them.

Poet
02-02-2016, 02:56 PM
A perfect example as to why stats never tell the whole story in any discussion when it comes to talent that is actually ON the field.

What in the **** is this shit? The combine numbers record physical talent, they are quantified, so yes it's kind of a stat, but it's really weird for you to turn to that line of rhetoric in a conversation about talent. Production actually isn't talent, FWIW. Furthermore, DT is on pace for the stronger career. I could show you stats, but you would just disregard them because that would be inconvenient. FWIW, Marshall's also had a huge drop problem in the pros, so they have that in common. I'm not saying that DT IS better than Marshall, but I am saying that if you think, from a physical stand point, of what both players COULD do, physically, that Marshall is drastically superior to DT, then you're simply wrong, and there's not much of a basis for that opinion.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 03:23 PM
What in the **** is this shit? The combine numbers record physical talent, they are quantified, so yes it's kind of a stat, but it's really weird for you to turn to that line of rhetoric in a conversation about talent.
Wait, wut? Are you joking here, because I can't tell by this response if you are being serious.... surely you aren't taking my comment as some kind of attack on you, right? I thought you were pointing out the VERY true fact that combine stats for one player doesn't always translate to on-the-field production...is that NOT what you were illustrating?

Production actually isn't talent, FWIW. Furthermore, DT is on pace for the stronger career. I could show you stats, but you would just disregard them because that would be inconvenient. FWIW, Marshall's also had a huge drop problem in the pros, so they have that in common. I'm not saying that DT IS better than Marshall, but I am saying that if you think, from a physical stand point, of what both players COULD do, physically, that Marshall is drastically superior to DT, then you're simply wrong, and there's not much of a basis for that opinion.

What the **** are you talkinga bout? What is this "COULD" do junk? Since when is ANY combine stats suggestive on how their REAL talent is on the field? When? IF so, how come there are sooooo many first round picks that don't make it? How is it that you are ACTUALLY trying to suggest that the combine stats constitute a correlation to talent when the VERY idea that some kind of drill based stats are a tell-tale indication as to how their REAL talent evolves on the field?

I don't give a rats-ass about what DT's combine numbers compare to Marshalls...it means NOTHING to me as I can see, very easily, that Marshall is the superior player ON THE FIELD. That's all that matters. Did Jerry Rice have the greatest combine numbers of all time? Because if not, then I'm confused by your what the combine stats mean, and even MUCH MORE confused as to your reaction with this post.

Poet
02-02-2016, 03:30 PM
No, I'm not taking it as an attack. I'm taking it as a pile of shit.

Your point is essentially 'anything that doesn't fit into my narrative of how much I ******* love Brandon Marhsall doesn't matter, and while my comment about BM's talent being vastly superior to DT's talent is asinine, I don't care.' I would say knowing what a guy's physical capabilities on the field are happen to be pretty noteworthy, although not defining, or conclusive. Plenty of stud's flop out of the league. Yet many players use their godly gifts of ridiculousness well and have great careers. So sometimes it matters, sometimes it does not. Since both WR's are studs, and having great careers, (I think Marshall is going to the HoF, and DT is on that path) and we're talking about them, one can point to their talent. You obviously think talent matters because you brought it up. So let's talk about talent, what they're physically capable of. It's pretty close. If that's not good enough, and talent to you breaks away from the definition of the word, and is only about production, then there DT stacks up very nicely with BM. In either category you can't simply say 'BM is head over heels better than DT'.

If everything is to be quantified by the eyeball test, then we can say whatever we want without ever having to back it up. Let me try - "A.J. GREEN IS THE BEST! I can clearly see that he puts up great numbers, and is the best deep ball threat in the NFL. He's so good. He's better than DT, Antonio Brown, ODB, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, and everyone else. He's better ON THE FIELD!'

Surely you can see how absurd a stance that is to take. No one is saying only look at physical talent, or only look at stats.

Joel
02-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Oh.. I agree tht we HAVE to try and run, if nothing else to keep the LBs from blitzing and to keep them from dropping TOO deep into coverage. We'll continue to TRY and run, but I just don't think that is where we will have any success, and the run attempts will be pretty minimal.
That's the rub: If we're running a lot but never GETTING anything, that won't slow the blitz or keep the safeties in the box. Why should they sell out to defend a run that's only going to get 1-2 yds ANYWAY, when it means exposing themselves to a 50 yd TD bomb? That's an easy decision for any decent D; the only way the safeties will come up to stop the run or the blitzers hesitate on a play-action pass is if we MAKE them by not just running, but EFFECTIVELY.

I wish I could believe our line can do that; at this point I'm just hoping Kubiak saved CJ for the SB because of his injury history, and he runs wild in our final game.

HOWEVER..... I'm hoping we are running the ball a LOT as that means our defense is rocking it and we are in the game without a "rushing" mentality. That plays better into our hands.
If we're the better team, yeah; otherwise, we must hope Manning, DT, Sanders et al. can torch their secondary DESPITE our shoddy line, because that's our only shot.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-02-2016, 03:32 PM
DT is faster than Marshall.

DenBronx
02-02-2016, 03:40 PM
DT is faster than Marshall.

I think Marshall has better hands is has a higher YAC percentage.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2016, 03:43 PM
No, I'm not taking it as an attack. I'm taking it as a pile of shit.

and your "combine numbers mean something" is diarrhea. It's just oozing out of your mouth because it gives you some k ine of stupid numbers to associate with player? "WOW..he can run the cone drill faster than the other guy, he MUST have more potential!!!"

I bet you use the QB rating to tell you who the best QB is, as well.

Your point is essentially 'anything that doesn't fit into my narrative of how much I ******* love Brandon Marhsall doesn't matter
THis is ******* horse shit.... I'm saying Brandon is better than DT, that's not putting him as the greatest of all time, you dick.

and while my comment about BM's talent being vastly superior to DT's talent is asinine, I don't care.'
I never used "vastly" ...and apparently you do care.

I would say knowing what a guy's physical capabilities on the field are happen to be pretty noteworthy, although not defining, or conclusive. Plenty of stud's flop out of the league. Yet many players use their godly gifts of ridiculousness well and have great careers. So sometimes it matters, sometimes it does not. Since both WR's are studs, and having great careers, (I think Marshall is going to the HoF, and DT is on that path) and we're talking about them, one can point to their talent. You obviously think talent matters because you brought it up. So let's talk about talent, what they're physically capable of. It's pretty close. If that's not good enough, and talent to you breaks away from the definition of the word, and is only about production, then there DT stacks up very nicely with BM. In either category you can't simply say 'BM is head over heels better than DT'.

What is this BS crap you are making up as you go along? I've NEVER heard anyone use combine numbers to try and argue on what one players is "capable of" outside the draft. It's almost ridiculous, and I'm wondering who the **** you are and what the h ell have you done with Keeper, as he surely wouldn't be making such a ridiculous point. Lets use the cone drill and high jump to tell us what they are capable of, thus us it as a talent meter????? Seriously? I can't even type that out without laughing at it. It's so weirdly absurd.

If everything is to be quantified by the eyeball test, then we can say whatever we want without ever having to back it up. Let me try - "A.J. GREEN IS THE BEST! I can clearly see that he puts up great numbers, and is the best deep ball threat in the NFL. He's so good. He's better than DT, Antonio Brown, ODB, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, and everyone else. He's better ON THE FIELD!'
YES, that is right, Keeper... you have the right to say that allllllll you want. Guess what, you won't be wrong. So you just say whatever you want, and I promise NOT to make some stupid comment about who has the better combine numbers to argue your opinion. I PROMISE I won't.

Surely you can see how absurd a stance that is to take. No one is saying only look at physical talent, or only look at stats.

Have you not looked at the boards? There are MANY that only look at the stats! Where have you been, and hwat have you been reading that makes you think for a moment that people don't ONLY look at the stats to determine who was/is the better player? I know one stat they are NOT looking at, and its the "combine numbers" to give us that "Tie breaker" so that we can see what each player was/is CAPABLE of, you are right about people not looking at THAT stat.

Poet
02-02-2016, 03:59 PM
We're not going to be agreeing just based on definition, but I'm not saying only looking at stats...

Nomad
02-02-2016, 04:06 PM

Yep! When Denver runs for 105+ yards....they're undefeated. I read this in an article

BTW.....I somewhat agree with EastCoast, and liked Eddie Mac's style of play more than DT

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-02-2016, 04:06 PM

Didn't DT lead the league in YAC last year? I don't remember for sure, it might have been 13'.

Marshall has had his issues with drops too. It was a big problem when he was in Denver. He had two years he led the league, if I remember correctly. I love Brandon, but as time has passed people just want to remember the good.

Northman
02-02-2016, 04:44 PM
What in the **** is this shit? The combine numbers record physical talent, they are quantified, so yes it's kind of a stat, but it's really weird for you to turn to that line of rhetoric in a conversation about talent. Production actually isn't talent, FWIW. Furthermore, DT is on pace for the stronger career. I could show you stats, but you would just disregard them because that would be inconvenient. FWIW, Marshall's also had a huge drop problem in the pros, so they have that in common. I'm not saying that DT IS better than Marshall, but I am saying that if you think, from a physical stand point, of what both players COULD do, physically, that Marshall is drastically superior to DT, then you're simply wrong, and there's not much of a basis for that opinion.

I dont think Marshall is "drastically" better than DT but i would easily take him over DT. JMO though.

Northman
02-02-2016, 04:47 PM

Agreed. Not too mention he had 109 rec's this year for 1500 yds with a very average QB no less. Marshall is flat out a monster.

Poet
02-02-2016, 05:01 PM
I dont think Marshall is "drastically" better than DT but i would easily take him over DT. JMO though.

I wouldn't say you would be wrong. I'm not sure which one I would take.

Yashahla17
02-03-2016, 08:34 AM
Thomas needs to absolutely destroy norman. He must have one of those unforgettable incredible games. The deep balls have to be hit by manning.

SR
02-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Thomas needs to absolutely destroy norman. He must have one of those unforgettable incredible games. The deep balls have to be hit by manning.

Norman will stay on the defensive left and I think Sanders will be able to beat him with his route running and speed. Let DT demolish Finnegan.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2016, 11:21 AM
2015 NFL Receiving Stats. http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=C

Emmanuel Sanders defends Demaryius Thomas' drops

"He does get a lot of criticism about drops and it's not fair because everybody talks about his drops, but everybody forget he got 1,300 yards this year," Sanders said, via the Denver Post. "Come on man, he's got 1,300! Leave the man alone. Last year he got 1,600."

Sanders has a point. This season, Thomas became just the third player in NFL history with four straight 1,300 receiving yard seasons, joining Torry Holt and Marvin Harrison.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000631707/article/emmanuel-sanders-defends-demaryius-thomas-drops

Northman
02-03-2016, 11:35 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vfXdQCOIrE0/hqdefault.jpg

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-03-2016, 11:54 AM
2015 NFL Receiving Stats. http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=C

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000631707/article/emmanuel-sanders-defends-demaryius-thomas-drops

I don't see TO on that list. :D

EastCoastBronco
02-03-2016, 02:30 PM

There seems to be a lot of that going around.

Northman
02-03-2016, 04:33 PM

There seems to be a lot of that going around.

Its expected, i really wouldnt expect him to do any less.

Poet
02-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Its expected, i really wouldnt expect him to do any less.

If he went out and was like 'DT drops the ball like a little hoe,' you'd have bigger problems.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-03-2016, 04:39 PM
ES just used a little common sense. He's essentially saying, "yes DT has some drops, but you can't ignore the fact he still caught 100 balls and had 1300 yards.
He didn't excuse anything. He just stated the obvious.

Northman
02-03-2016, 04:43 PM
ES just used a little common sense. He's essentially saying, "yes DT has some drops, but you can't ignore the fact he still caught 100 balls and had 1300 yards.
He didn't excuse anything. He just stated the obvious.

He said what a good teammate should say.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-03-2016, 04:44 PM
He said what a good teammate should say.

Or a fan with common sense.

Northman
02-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Or a fan with common sense.

Which is basically the entire board.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Which is basically the entire board.

From time to time, yes. :laugh:

EastCoastBronco
02-04-2016, 07:56 AM
There would be more people on my side of the boat if our defence hadn't bailed us out so often and we had wound up missing the playoffs because of some "clutch" catches that weren't made by guys who get paid a ton to make them.

But I digress...
I am done harping my point of view on this.
Bottom line is that I really hope he shows up with his head screwed on right on Sunday because we are going to need every single yard we can get.

Northman
02-04-2016, 08:57 AM
There would be more people on my side of the boat if our defence hadn't bailed us out so often and we had wound up missing the playoffs because of some "clutch" catches that weren't made by guys who get paid a ton to make them.

But I digress...
I am done harping my point of view on this.
Bottom line is that I really hope he shows up with his head screwed on right on Sunday because we are going to need every single yard we can get.

I hope the entire team shows up but yea, it would be nice if these guys made the easy catches and kept the drives going. We will need to rely on the defense a lot per usual so every little bit of offense we can generate is crucial come Sunday.

Yashahla17
02-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Norman will stay on the defensive left and I think Sanders will be able to beat him with his route running and speed. Let DT demolish Finnegan.

Is that not where thomas plays most of the time? To the right of manning? Which would place norman on him. Either way i hope he gets smoked, i hope there entire secondary gets smoked.