PDA

View Full Version : This Game Great Opportunity for Peyton Manning

WARHORSE
01-11-2016, 03:26 AM
We dont live in a fairy tale world but as long as the future is unwritten we can speculate with wonder and impunity the possibilities still unrealized. I like fairy tale finishes. I like John Elway riding off into the sunset after consecutive superbowl wins and an MVP in tow. I loved that he let us into his heart and allowed us to see him cry when he retired so that we knew without a doubt what we had sensed all along: He freaking LOVED playing for us and it meant the world to him just like it meant the world to us and leaving was freaking breaking his heart! In the words of a harder men: I love that shit.

So what harm does it do to hope for a feel good ending to our season and perhaps the legacy of a class citizen, family man and maestro under center?

Enter Peyton.

The story line leading up to this point could perhaps have been written better if we had the ability to look into Peytons mindset over these past few weeks. The mind of a gladiator reaching his end game. While we have been whining and crying about all the Broncos woes, can you imagine alone in the Broncos weight room the emotions that have been streaking through his head? In between the countless mental reps, film study, rehab and the 'Hes Done' and 'Osweiler is better' article reading? How about sharing his heart with his wife at home in those moments when you need to hear yourself speak the words out loud, "Should I still be playing?" Hard men who play on this gridiron melt when their invincibility gets exposed as every others has, even when they knew for a fact this time would come calling. You have to know that leading up to these transitions from superhero to 'remember whens', all these men have thought about how they would write their own exit song.

Peytons entrance to this opportunity this weekend could have been better but which is more important, the intro or the last scene? Gangsta. Gunfight. Guns blazing muthas. Guns blazing. Peyton can change the entire talk of the football nation this weekend with a high definition primetime castrating of the Steelers in Mile High audio surround sound. Settle this weekend with a drumming of Pittsburg and everyone will be living the exit song that Peyton wrote: Ode to Peyton.

He will never sing it out loud, should he paint a 42-12 masterpiece or the like this weekend but you better believe he wrote his own lyrics to this swansong. It goes like this:

'Im Peyton '*******' Manning, son of Archie '*******' Manning and I was born with a football in my hands, did you so soon forget?'
'Ive been playing since the beginning of the season with plantar fasciitis you bunch of dumba** beat reporters and ship jumping fans.'
'You think I all of a sudden dont know how to play quarterback after running a record setting offense just because of a new coach??'
'You think I threw 17 interceptions because I went from very accurate to completely incompetent in an offseason?"
'You think it was my choice to take the decision making out of my hands at the line of scrimmage? Think again."
'Let me take a minute to say that my part in this TEAM win tonight was devoted to saying 'F*** YOU' to all the doubters out there, and I will tell YOU when Im done.'
'I dont have anything against Oz, and he will get his time with my FULL support, but that 6'8" youngun couldnt bench press even one of my nuts on his best day, what the hell were you thinking? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING???"
'Give me a defense like this and control at the line of scrimmage and I will bring you the third silver triplet youve been waiting for, and you dont even have to thank me.....but just remember who the hell carried the clipboard........not me."

Yes.

I would love to hear this song.

Ode to Peyton.

You have an opportunity before you Peyton. I hope you hit number one on the Billboard top 100 of all time.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2016, 03:31 AM
It's gonna be really good or really bad.

DenBronx
01-11-2016, 04:08 AM
If this is his last rodeo then I hope he plays lights out. I am really wanting to see him win one here in Denver.

There are some really really tough teams ahead of us though and our offense scares the shit out of me.

Northman
01-11-2016, 06:38 AM
While it would be nice to see Peyton get a ring in Denver for me its more about the Broncos getting a ring than Peyton himself. Peyton was a hired mercenary to help right this ship, but his circumstances are far different than when John won his. Up until the Packers win Elway hadnt won a SB and had lost 3 in horrible fashion. Peyton at least had the luxury of having one ring under his belt before the SB vs the Hawks so the storylines and emotion are much different for me. The Broncos do have a great opportunity this year with homefield throughout the playoffs but the up and down play leaves you wondering if have what it takes to get it done. Its just a wait and see game at this point, but i cant say from my own perspective its about getting Manning a ring, he has one. For me its about getting the Denver Broncos another championship and whether its Peyton or Brock does not matter to me.

Dapper Dan
01-11-2016, 06:40 AM
While it would be nice to see Peyton get a ring in Denver for me its more about the Broncos getting a ring than Peyton himself. Peyton was a hired mercenary to help right this ship, but his circumstances are far different than when John won his. Up until the Packers win Elway hadnt won a SB and had lost 3 in horrible fashion. Peyton at least had the luxury of having one ring under his belt before the SB vs the Hawks so the storylines and emotion are much different for me. The Broncos do have a great opportunity this year with homefield throughout the playoffs but the up and down play leaves you wondering if have what it takes to get it done. Its just a wait and see game at this point, but i cant say from my own perspective its about getting Manning a ring, he has one. For me its about getting the Denver Broncos another championship and whether its Peyton or Brock does not matter to me.

That's because the rest of us hate Brady and the thing that's always brought up between the two is Super Bowl rings.

tripp
01-11-2016, 01:00 PM
It's gonna be really good or really bad.

I think this too. In the event it does get ugly, like it did against KC earlier in the season, I hope we have a chance to stop the bleeding by putting Oz in. Not sure if you do that to a future HoFer in his potentially last game of his career. Who knows.

Davii
01-11-2016, 01:25 PM
I think this too. In the event it does get ugly, like it did against KC earlier in the season, I hope we have a chance to stop the bleeding by putting Oz in. Not sure if you do that to a future HoFer in his potentially last game of his career. Who knows.

You do if you need to. That's how a head coach "kicks and screams", by doing whatever it takes to win.

BronColt
01-11-2016, 04:53 PM
We dont live in a fairy tale world but as long as the future is unwritten we can speculate with wonder and impunity the possibilities still unrealized. I like fairy tale finishes. I like John Elway riding off into the sunset after consecutive superbowl wins and an MVP in tow. I loved that he let us into his heart and allowed us to see him cry when he retired so that we knew without a doubt what we had sensed all along: He freaking LOVED playing for us and it meant the world to him just like it meant the world to us and leaving was freaking breaking his heart! In the words of a harder men: I love that shit.

So what harm does it do to hope for a feel good ending to our season and perhaps the legacy of a class citizen, family man and maestro under center?

Enter Peyton.

The story line leading up to this point could perhaps have been written better if we had the ability to look into Peytons mindset over these past few weeks. The mind of a gladiator reaching his end game. While we have been whining and crying about all the Broncos woes, can you imagine alone in the Broncos weight room the emotions that have been streaking through his head? In between the countless mental reps, film study, rehab and the 'Hes Done' and 'Osweiler is better' article reading? How about sharing his heart with his wife at home in those moments when you need to hear yourself speak the words out loud, "Should I still be playing?" Hard men who play on this gridiron melt when their invincibility gets exposed as every others has, even when they knew for a fact this time would come calling. You have to know that leading up to these transitions from superhero to 'remember whens', all these men have thought about how they would write their own exit song.

Peytons entrance to this opportunity this weekend could have been better but which is more important, the intro or the last scene? Gangsta. Gunfight. Guns blazing muthas. Guns blazing. Peyton can change the entire talk of the football nation this weekend with a high definition primetime castrating of the Steelers in Mile High audio surround sound. Settle this weekend with a drumming of Pittsburg and everyone will be living the exit song that Peyton wrote: Ode to Peyton.

He will never sing it out loud, should he paint a 42-12 masterpiece or the like this weekend but you better believe he wrote his own lyrics to this swansong. It goes like this:

'Im Peyton '*******' Manning, son of Archie '*******' Manning and I was born with a football in my hands, did you so soon forget?'
'Ive been playing since the beginning of the season with plantar fasciitis you bunch of dumba** beat reporters and ship jumping fans.'
'You think I all of a sudden dont know how to play quarterback after running a record setting offense just because of a new coach??'
'You think I threw 17 interceptions because I went from very accurate to completely incompetent in an offseason?"
'You think it was my choice to take the decision making out of my hands at the line of scrimmage? Think again."
'Let me take a minute to say that my part in this TEAM win tonight was devoted to saying 'F*** YOU' to all the doubters out there, and I will tell YOU when Im done.'
'I dont have anything against Oz, and he will get his time with my FULL support, but that 6'8" youngun couldnt bench press even one of my nuts on his best day, what the hell were you thinking? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING???"
'Give me a defense like this and control at the line of scrimmage and I will bring you the third silver triplet youve been waiting for, and you dont even have to thank me.....but just remember who the hell carried the clipboard........not me."

Yes.

I would love to hear this song.

Ode to Peyton.

You have an opportunity before you Peyton. I hope you hit number one on the Billboard top 100 of all time.

Well said! I couldn't agree more. Manning is flying under the radar, just like he wants it!

He's got exactly what he needed at the end of the season; 6+ weeks off to heal, rest his arm, get more comfortable with the offensive playbook, get some chemistry with "Sunshine?". He's never had a #1 Defense going into the playoffs.

The Colts had a boost when they won the SuperBowl back in the day because Bob Sanders came back at the beginning of their playoff run! Manning has a 98% healthy team, with no significant injuries on offense OR defense...short of Bruton. (Clady wasn't there all year, not counting that)

If Manning can get the O Line in the right position to make plays AND runs, we should be good there. Just make sure that Schofield doesn't dress for the game.

Plus, Manning with 2 more wins and a Super Bowl win will improve his playoff record from a losing record to an overall WINNING record. Not to mention he would be the only starting QB to WIN a Super Bowl with 2 different teams. There's a few other records he can break along the way, and I have a feeling he might beat those too.

It doesn't get ANY BETTER for Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos!

42-21 Broncos!

Cugel
01-11-2016, 07:44 PM

Except that the chances of Brock Osweiler ever hoisting the Lombardi Trophy are not tip top. He's pretty much mediocre so far and there's no sign other than hope that he'll ever be a great QB in this league.

And while everybody talks about Trent Dilfer it's been 15 years since Trent Dilfer won a SB. It don't happen very often, and maybe not at all in this modern pass-happy NFL.

I'm not saying Brock CAN'T win a SB, we don't know that either.

But, it might very well be Peyton winning the next 3 games or Broncos bust for the next 10 years. That happens a lot in this league.

Right now Alex Smith is the closest thing to Trent Dilfer, and I wouldn't put a penny on the Chiefs chances of winning a SB this or any year with him.