PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - Divisional Round week(s)

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 10:35 AM
The news we've all been waiting for (and probably expecting):

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 11m11 minutes ago

Peyton Manning will be Broncos starting QB in playoffs, Gary Kubiak told his team today. #9news #9sports

.... also, as an interesting side note:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 9m9 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler suffered knee sprain vs. Chargers and won't practice today. Expected to be ready to backup Manning in playoffs. #9news

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 4m4 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak told the team at meeting this morning. Practice is at 10:30 a.m. Mountain time. Many players had hoped to hear decision this wk.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5m5 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak did it again. Upfront with team and public on his starting QB. Seems like right way to me. #9news #9sports

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

Credit to Gary Kubiak for handling this QB thing the right way throughout the whole process. No lingering, making the decisions early.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Not surprised in any way by the @Broncos going w/ Manning. Came through OK health-wise, offense sparked w/ him.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Don't think "element of surprise" would have been factor. Broncos foe will prepare for both QBs regardless.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1m1 minute ago

Brock will be fine. His ego is sprained more than his knee. He's probably a bit ticked (should be), but he'll be fine.

NightTerror218
01-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Crap. I know it's Peyton and he is healthier. But they way he has played in Kubiak's system I do not like. I think Brock runs the offense better. SD defense was horrible, couldn't stop a pop Warner team moving the ball.

I fear stacked boxes and safeties playing down. Cutting off and lol the crossing routes and running game. Forcing Manning to go deep. A lower percentage throw that has been intercepted often this year.

Buff
01-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Yeah, of course the media thinks Kubiak has handled it the right way, because he's given them what they wanted... But I'll ask the same question in this thread - don't you lose a slight competitive edge by naming a starter? Wouldn't you rather keep the opponent guessing?

BroncoJoe
01-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Yeah, of course the media thinks Kubiak has handled it the right way, because he's given them what they wanted... But I'll ask the same question in this thread - don't you lose a slight competitive edge by naming a starter? Wouldn't you rather keep the opponent guessing?

Which opponent?

Northman
01-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Eventually it probably would of gotten out anyway. I dont think it matters all that much at this point.

Buff
01-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Which opponent?

The one we'll be playing, ********

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 11:44 AM

Well, they have to prepare their team and not worry about the opponent. So you either don't tell your own team who the QB is (bad idea) or you tell them, but expect it to not get out (unlikely). I mean, reporters will see which QB is getting first team reps at practice, so it's pretty hard to hide.

Buff
01-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Well, they have to prepare their team and not worry about the opponent. So you either don't tell your own team who the QB is (bad idea) or you tell them, but expect it to not get out (unlikely). I mean, reporters will see which QB is getting first team reps at practice, so it's pretty hard to hide.

Not really though - you tell the team, ask them not to tell the media, and the press only gets to watch like the first 15 minutes of practice or whatever... It really isn't hard at all, and par for the course in the NFL to keep stuff like that under wraps.

underrated29
01-07-2016, 11:51 AM
I dont think it matters.

Its not like we have a situation of russel wilson and brock. Neither of our QBs are going to be running threats. Both are pocket guys. One struggles a little more with recognizing blitz and coverage and zone, the other cant throw as hard or fast.....I think any team that does not prepare for both would be completely foolish.

BroncoJoe
01-07-2016, 12:03 PM
The one we'll be playing, dumbshyt.

Which we won't know until Sunday night.

This is a BFD story.

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 12:10 PM

This is a BFD story.

Actually, given that both AFC games are Saturday, we'll know by THAT night :D :beer:

BroncoJoe
01-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Actually, given that both AFC games are Saturday, we'll know by THAT night :D :beer:

thanks :) I thought the AFC played on Sunday and didn't bother to check.

Buff
01-07-2016, 12:18 PM

This is a BFD story.

I don't follow your logic. NFL teams are smart, and they have big staffs - there is always some advance scout working on how to matchup against future opponents. We just made it slightly easier for them to gameplan.

BroncoJoe
01-07-2016, 12:25 PM
I don't follow your logic. NFL teams are smart, and they have big staffs - there is always some advance scout working on how to matchup against future opponents. We just made it slightly easier for them to gameplan.

I just don't see it as a big deal.

Buff
01-07-2016, 12:26 PM
I just don't see it as a big deal.

It's not a big deal - but I see no upside and only downside in making the announcement public this week.

BroncoWave
01-07-2016, 12:43 PM
It's not a big deal - but I see no upside and only downside in making the announcement public this week.

Something tells me Elway and Kubiak probably thought of this, but thought it better for the team just to leave no doubt who the guy is. And as others have said, teams are gonna be preparing for both guys either way as there is a very real chance for Brock to see action if things start going south.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m

Ronnie Hillman just walked in. He was not with the RBs for individual work at the start of practice.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17m

Lots of Broncos getting rest and/or recovery days today: Osweiler, Talib, Hillman, C.Harris, Ward, Barrett, Davis, Marshall, Daniels, Ware.

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak says starting Manning is "best for our football team" & that Osweiler "will be ready to play."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak: "I just do what I think is best for our football team ... I feel really good about this, about how far Peyton has come."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak said there were "a lot of guys nicked up" coming out of the game. Osweiler might return to practice Saturday, Kubiak said.

Kubiak said he still doesn't believe Manning will be 100%, but "he's done everything I've seen him do from the start."

Kubiak declined to specify whether he's going to start Schofield or Polumbus in the playoffs. "I expect them both to contribute."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak won't name starter at RT. Says he still has confidence in Michael Schofield.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said obvious Manning has more experience but it's more about him being healthy. He's seen that the last 2 weeks

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Kubiak: "We think the world of Brock. He's done a hell of a job. He's played extremely well in some tough situations."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Kubiak: "I'm very proud of [Osweiler]. I know if he'll be ready to go."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 48s48 seconds ago

Kubiak said he doesn't want his starting QB looking over his shoulder worried about losing his job.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 12s12 seconds ago

Kubiak on Osweiler: "His understanding and knowing exactly why we're doing things -- we're on the same page. He's a competitor."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 36s37 seconds ago

Kubiak: "Any player -- all of them want to play."

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 5m5 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

Kubiak: "It's taken all of us, and it will continue to take all of us."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak on Peyton's health after Chargers game: "Other than taking one heck of a shot in the chest, I think he was fine."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak said he wasn't worried about getting a competitive advantage as much as he is letting his team know what is going on with QBs.

SR
01-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Eventually it probably would of gotten out anyway. I dont think it matters all that much at this point.

This is irrelevant but you do it all the time and it drives me bananas....it isn't "would of", it's "would have". Just tossing that out there.

Northman
01-07-2016, 01:55 PM
This is irrelevant but you do it all the time and it drives me bananas....it isn't "would of", it's "would have". Just tossing that out there.

To be honest im way to lazy to worry about my grammar but thanks for the correction.

GEM
01-07-2016, 02:02 PM

Kubiak declined to specify whether he's going to start Schofield or Polumbus in the playoffs. "I expect them both to contribute."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak won't name starter at RT. Says he still has confidence in Michael Schofield.

Kubiak....are you effing stupid...the only thing Schofield contributes to is getting a qb killed. I have confidence that he'd feed whatever d-end we play lunch on a platter. :mad: Just mention of the guys name makes my blood boil.

SR
01-07-2016, 02:02 PM
To be honest im way to lazy to worry about my grammar but thanks for the correction.

That's fair.

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Kubiak....are you effing stupid...the only thing Schofield contributes to is getting a qb killed. I have confidence that he'd feed whatever d-end we play lunch on a platter. :mad: Just mention of the guys name makes my blood boil.

I knew you'd be all over that quote :lol:

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 32m32 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

#Peyton: "Brock's done a great job these past weeks to have us in position to have a bye."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 31m31 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

"I'm excited to be thinking about who we're going to play and be able to contribute in some way."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 15m15 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

.@bosweiler17: "It's hard to hear you're not going to be the one playing. However, I'm a big team player."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 11m11 minutes ago

.@bosweiler17: "Woulda, coulda, shoulda -- who knows? Peyton is going to start in the playoffs. And that's something I support."

------------------

Brock continues to say the right things in the media. I love the way he handles himself. This has been a strange, difficult situation for everyone involved, but at least on the surface, they look unified.

wayninja
01-07-2016, 02:29 PM

I agree with this. And also am smart with a huge staff.

Northman
01-07-2016, 02:32 PM
He will say the right things for now but if Manning comes back next year than he will go elsewhere to start for someone. I dont feel he is the kind of guy that wants to be a career backup.

NightTerror218
01-07-2016, 02:35 PM
He will say the right things for now but if Manning comes back next year than he will go elsewhere to start for someone. I dont feel he is the kind of guy that wants to be a career backup.

Manning better not return. If he does we are in a QB pickle with no Oz and a 8th rounder as our back up. And will have to start to look for our next guy quick.

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 02:40 PM

Yeah, my assumption (like most people) is that Manning won't be back next year. People were questioning whether this would lead to some kind of irreparable split with Brock and the coaches, where he wouldn't be inclined to come back. I don't think it does. I think he wants to be here, and I think we show some commitment to him in the off season. I could be wrong, but I think Brock is our opening day starter next year.

underrated29
01-07-2016, 03:33 PM

Manning will NOT be here next year, no matter what.
Brock will not be allowed to leave either. They will open up the wallet and do whatever they need to to keep him. My gut still says a 2/26 deal that can void after the second year (should he tank and we not want him) and allow us to re-up him should he be the goods (my gut feeling)

wayninja
01-07-2016, 03:49 PM
I personally don't feel like Manning will be here next year either, but to say categorically that he will not, no matter what, is premature at best.

If, and it's a big if, he plays crazy light-out, throws 15 TD's and 0 interceptions and is the superbowl MVP and wants to play another year.... "No matter what" becomes a bit more like "except if"...

BroncoJoe
01-07-2016, 04:18 PM
I personally don't feel like Manning will be here next year either, but to say categorically that he will not, no matter what, is premature at best.

If, and it's a big if, he plays crazy light-out, throws 15 TD's and 0 interceptions and is the superbowl MVP and wants to play another year.... "No matter what" becomes a bit more like "except if"...

If that scenario happens, he'll retire.

Except if...

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 04:19 PM

Give me this scenario, and I don't really care what happens after that.

VonDoom
01-07-2016, 04:53 PM
I must have missed this earlier, but this is encouraging if true:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4h4 hours ago

Kubiak said likely that Polumbus stays at RT but both he and Schofield will be needed

... everyone else made it some more ambiguous, so maybe Renck is just speculating?

underrated29
01-07-2016, 04:53 PM

According to Dream who has some of his connections in the media and Dove Valley, its pretty much a given that we will do whatever it takes to keep brock and that manning will be gone- by whatever means.

BroncoJoe
01-07-2016, 04:55 PM
According to Dream who has some of his connections in the media and Dove Valley, its pretty much a given that we will do whatever it takes to keep brock and that manning will be gone- by whatever means.

You still talk to Dream?

Holy...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Kubiak explains decision to start Manning

Head Coach Gary Kubiak explains his thought process on who to start at quarterback for the Broncos in the Divisional round.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-explains-decision-to-start-Manning/0260e696-81c7-45d0-a475-8f37b70f147c

Manning on health, mindset heading into playoffs
Peyton Manning talks about being named the starter, his health status and mindset heading into the playoffs.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_on_health_mindset_heading_into_playoffs/7b84dbac-ef81-4b80-b8b5-d0c483b707da

GEM
01-07-2016, 08:57 PM
I knew you'd be all over that quote :lol:

:laugh: Damn skippy!

Joel
01-08-2016, 12:55 AM
I doubt he'd publicly trash any of his players, but notwithstanding that: Who goes in if Harris OR Polumbus get hurt between now and the SBs final gun? And what mental state do we want that person to be in if we do (desperately) need them? We wouldn't start Schofield NOR Polumbus if Clady OR Sambrailo were healthy. And Manning wouldn't play with them and a torn ligament if he could play healthy with Clady ca. 2012 and Tarik Glenn ca. 2006: Not an option.

On an unrelated note: I second SRs annoyance at "*ould of:" It ranks with "defenately" on my list of things I hate about common internet "grammar."

VonDoom
01-08-2016, 12:14 PM

Again, a long list of players not practicing: Talib, C.Harris, Marshall, Davis, Ware, Ward, Stewart, Daniels, Osweiler, Brenner.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2016, 12:33 PM

Again, a long list of players not practicing: Talib, C.Harris, Marshall, Davis, Ware, Ward, Stewart, Daniels, Osweiler, Brenner.

I am glad they have the time to get healthy, and as far as them not practicing, I would assume the practice is very generic until they know who they will be playing.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 24m

Still not practicing. Don't expect any updates until next week.

TXBRONC
01-08-2016, 01:15 PM

I hope that all of them are ready to go by next week.

NightTerror218
01-08-2016, 01:17 PM

Talib and Daniels is prob vet day. David and Marshall were good last week with no set back so I would assume and just getting extra rest. Harris ware and Stewart are my concerns.

VonDoom
01-08-2016, 01:28 PM
I hope that all of them are ready to go by next week.

When asked about that, Mason said:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 51m51 minutes ago

Andrew Mason Retweeted Rodrigo Severo

Always a chance. Could be setbacks in rehab work in next 9 days. But I expect most, if not all, will play.

VonDoom
01-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos finishing up practice. Will workout tomorrow with Sunday off, then return to a normal work week.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 23m23 minutes ago

Kubiak, on Von Miller being first-team All-Pro: "That's the highest honor you can get ... and boy, has he played that way."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Kubiak, on @ChrisHarrisJr being a 2nd-team All-Pro: "To get this far & do what he's done, that's really special."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall and Aqib Talib also received votes in the All-Pro balloting.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 20m20 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak on @Terrell_Davis: "He was a difference-maker in our organization. Career was short, but, boy, was it exceptional."

VonDoom
01-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m18 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said one of surprises is that Hillman showed could be three-down back. "I think He and CJ are feeding off each other."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19m19 minutes ago

Kubiak, when asked whether Osweiler would practice Saturday: "I would say no right now."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

OC Rick Dennison: Manning being back "really shouldn't change anything" on offense. "Did a really good job managing," Dennison said.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago

#Broncos Rick Dennison said they will do what they do best w Manning. "We won't have three different playbooks."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 13m13 minutes ago

Dennison: Polumbus is helped by experience in system, "did a good job" when he replaced Schofield.

Dennison, on whether Schofield's issues are confidence or technique: "A little bit of both." Said he sometimes "sees ghosts" when blocking.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 12m12 minutes ago

Dennison, on Paradis' improvement: "I'm not that surprised." Praises how he "coordinates people up front."

Dennison, on whether Matt Paradis can be the center for a long time: "We're hoping." Said Paradis "has got some traits" that Tom Nalen had.

VonDoom
01-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

Wade Phillips: "It's a welcome relief" to have the bye week.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 9m9 minutes ago

Wade Phillips: "We have a lot of guys banged up. We would have had a hard time playing this week."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

#Broncos DC Wade Phillips admits defense banged up, but expects all injured players to play in the game. Includes Ware, Stewart, Harris....

Wade Phillips: Von Miller "got a lot of sacks, but got double-teamed a whole lot."

Wade Phillips: "I'm surprised the No. 1 pass defense didn't get someone in the secondary (on the 1st-team All-Pro list)."

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware received good news from the MRI on his knee injury Monday and doesn't expect it to hold him out of the Broncos' Jan. 17 divisional playoff game.

While Ware did not reveal the specific injury, he didn't hesitate in saying he would be good to go in the Broncos' next contest.

Ware has not practiced since suffering the injury in the third quarter of the Broncos' 27-20 win over the Chargers Sunday.

The Broncos could certainly use his production.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29360281/demarcus-ware-expects-play-broncos-jan-17-divisional

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2016, 04:11 PM
DeCamillis: Keo stepping into Bruton's role
Special Team's Coordinator Joe DeCamillis says Shiloh Keo has been the one filling in for David Bruton, ever since the special teams captain went on IR.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DeCamillis_Keo_stepping_into_Brutons_role/1dc459c9-6f63-49ff-a01b-bfa81c489bdc

Dennison pleased with recent run game
Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison talks about the run game's recent success and the offensive line creating creases.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Dennison_pleased_with_recent_run_game/7b2f05ce-0c0e-484d-b0e0-3b13a9ddd34f

Cugel
01-08-2016, 04:17 PM

You can relax Gem. Just because Kubiak didn't want to throw Schofield under the bus in the media doesn't mean he's starting. I'd say he's starting his trip . . . . to the Toronto Argonauts! :lol:

Everybody would be shocked if Tyler Polumbus didn't start the next game. They desperately wanted Schofield to succeed and gave him every chance and he totally blew it. There's no salvaging him at this point - at least not this season. Since he's cheap they may keep him on the roster next season however which I don't want to see.

Cugel
01-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Dennison, on whether Schofield's issues are confidence or technique: "A little bit of both." Said he sometimes "sees ghosts" when blocking.

Well, I missed this gold nugget. "seeing ghosts" means he's totally shattered his confidence. He's played so badly for so long that he's over-reacting and getting faked out of position because he's getting beat to the outside (and inside) so often. He's reacting to moves that aren't even getting made. He's getting beat every which way but loose and they just can't rely on him.

Doesn't sound like he's going to be used much on game-day unless Polumbus gets hurt.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Elway Access: Battle-tested, ready for playoffs
In his weekly interview, John Elway talks about Peyton Manning being the starter, the team being battle-tested and the Broncos three Hall of Fame finalists.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway-Access-Battle-tested-ready-for-playoffs/d78baae5-d235-4ef0-8cff-84229fc3cfae

GEM
01-08-2016, 05:28 PM

#Broncos Kubiak said one of surprises is that Hillman showed could be three-down back. "I think He and CJ are feeding off each other."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19m19 minutes ago

Kubiak, when asked whether Osweiler would practice Saturday: "I would say no right now."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago

OC Rick Dennison: Manning being back "really shouldn't change anything" on offense. "Did a really good job managing," Dennison said.

#Broncos Rick Dennison said they will do what they do best w Manning. "We won't have three different playbooks."

Dennison: Polumbus is helped by experience in system, "did a good job" when he replaced Schofield.

Dennison, on Paradis' improvement: "I'm not that surprised." Praises how he "coordinates people up front."

Dennison, on whether Matt Paradis can be the center for a long time: "We're hoping." Said Paradis "has got some traits" that Tom Nalen had.

Sees ghosts....yea he does...he steps to the side and let's them by too!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3h

#Broncos Marshall said plans to get screws removed in foot. He hasn't felt pain since second game of season. "Been a blessing."

#broncos Brandon Marshall "it's all about sacrifice this time of year. Have to give everything to team."

#Broncos Danny Trevathan. "We can Give kids someone to look up to who works hard. Don't have to be rapper or actor"

#Broncos should be as healthy as been since beginning of the season. Stewart the biggest concern. Others expected to practice on Monday

Troy Renck Retweeted
Sam Cowhick ‏@SamCowhick 3h

#Broncos Kubiak said today leadership is the biggest key to entering playoffs. He knows he has a lot of playoff tested guys on the roster.

#Broncos Kubiak said expects Osweiler to practice Monday.. Darian Stewart, he hopes to be back Wednesday. He's biggest concern.

Troy Renck Retweeted
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3h

Kubiak said he expects DeMarcus Ware to be back on the field Monday.

#Broncos Kubiak on Manning: "He's really had a good week. Looks really fresh out there.. Throwing the ball well."

Troy Renck Retweeted
Denver Post Sports ‏@DPostSports 4h

Who is most crucial to #Broncos' shot at winning Super Bowl? http://dpo.st/1UDCPpy
via @markkiszla & @TroyRenck

Troy Renck Retweeted
Denver Post Sports ‏@DPostSports 5h

Troy Renck: All-pro snubs motivate #Broncos' defense: http://dpo.st/1PU8uUG

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4h

Three fourths of #NoFlyZone Ward, stewart, Harris watching today along w Ware. Marshall helping in some drills

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5h

#Broncos Marshall and Trevathan named Ed Block courage award winners

Denver Native (Carol)
01-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Broncos Injury Update: One step closer to full health

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Update-One-step-closer-to-full-health/e3eceafe-bbd1-4a24-b7f7-69a8eca9cc33

VonDoom
01-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Broncos Injury Update: One step closer to full health

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Update-One-step-closer-to-full-health/e3eceafe-bbd1-4a24-b7f7-69a8eca9cc33

I'm still worried about Stewart. They said he might not practice till Wednesday. Big part of the No Fly Zone

Joel
01-10-2016, 03:20 AM
I'm still worried about Stewart. They said he might not practice till Wednesday. Big part of the No Fly Zone
While I realize safeties aren't just CBs who play deep, they must still actually COVER (i.e. play the ball,) not just allow lots of catches but immediately lay out the receiver so hard he loses the ball/consciousness. Still gotta be a sure tackler, but that's far less necessary far more often when preventing catches in the first place. That doesn't necessarily mean a pick-six for an agents highlight reel, just plain boring old knocking down any ball that gets near you, and getting near most balls.

Stewart's the first legit FS we've had in a long time, and since sending RBs to IR and giving up lots of points themselves forces Pitt to live and die by deep passing, they've gotten pretty good at it: We need Stewart, not Ward playing whack-a-mole for 30 yd gains and 15 yd penalties all day. I complain about Talibs Unnecessary acts, but at least he CAN cover: If he'd settle for fewer Ints but more knockdowns (like the less talented but more skilled Chris Harris) he'd be elite.

In SAFETY coverage guarding our end zone (especially when Talib tries to jump a route, which is often) I'd rather have Stewart and Keo than Keo and Ward. I really don't feel like reliving the 2012 playoffs just because of ANOTHER "great" starting safety who can't do anything but hit.

VonDoom
01-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 17m17 minutes ago

"Eye of the Tiger" playing at Broncos practice. Naturally.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 15m15 minutes ago

Backup QB Brock Osweiler (knee) is practicing but he does not look comfortable.

#broncos Darian Stewart not practicing or Chris Harris. As expected. Ware, Ward, Marshall all practicing

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler pretty limited at practice. He's noticeably limping on that injured knee.

NightTrainLayne
01-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Brock Osweiler pretty limited at practice. He's noticeably limping on that injured knee.

I haven't really seen anyone speculate on this at all, but what are the chances that Brock got pulled due to this knee injury rather than the turnovers? That would sure put a different spin on things.

BroncoWave
01-11-2016, 01:17 PM
I haven't really seen anyone speculate on this at all, but what are the chances that Brock got pulled due to this knee injury rather than the turnovers? That would sure put a different spin on things.

Given Kubiak's comments at halftime and the exact point Brock got pulled, I have a hard time believing it was the injury specifically that got him pulled, especially since he showed no obvious signs of being hobbled during the game.

VonDoom
01-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Given Kubiak's comments at halftime and the exact point Brock got pulled, I have a hard time believing it was the injury specifically that got him pulled, especially since he showed no obvious signs of being hobbled during the game.

I agree with this. It would actually have been "easier" for Kubiak to say he pulled Brock because of injury and not his "gut feeling" about putting in Manning. I will say that maybe things are meant to work out for a reason. Could Brock play this Sunday if he had to? Probably, but it's not impossible to think that Manning is actually healthier right now (which is kind of hard to believe, no?)

VonDoom
01-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 7m7 minutes ago

Kubiak: "The games are a little bit different this time of year. ... You've got to play well, protect the ball, do all the little things."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 6m6 minutes ago

Kubiak: "A lot of respect for [the @steelers]. Great players; great organization." #PITvsDEN

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m3 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak agrees with me. Said he fully expects Big Ben and A-Brown to play. Hell, Jerome Bettis may even play.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 1m1 minute ago

After practice Monday #Broncos HC Gary Kubiak said he expected all players to participate in Wed. practice (i.e. Harris, Stewart, Osweiler)

VonDoom
01-11-2016, 03:04 PM

.@darianstewart26 says he's practicing Wed., expects to play Sunday. This hammy injury isn't as bad as earlier one, he added.

VonDoom
01-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 6m6 minutes ago

#Broncos C. Harris (shoulder) told me expects to practice Wed..Yes he expects to face Roethlisberger and Brown. "You know they are playing."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Darian Stewart, on the notion Roethlisberger might be limited & hindered in throwing: "I'm not buying it...expecting him to play & be 100%."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos safety @darianstewart26 (hamstring): "I’m getting back to full strength and by Sunday I’ll be ready to go."

VonDoom
01-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Let's see how this plays out, but ...

bob holtzman ‏@BobHoltzmanESPN 24m24 minutes ago Kentucky, USA

Sources tell me "very likely" Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder) plays Sunday at Denver, but "not looking good" for Antonio Brown (concussion).

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2016, 08:40 PM
DeAngelo Williams is no sure bet to suit up for the Steelers this weekend.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Pittsburgh's starting running back is visiting foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte on Monday, per a source. It's "not looking good" for Williams to play in Sunday's AFC divisional-round tilt against the Broncos, Rapoport was told.

Williams hasn't played since injuring his foot in a Week 17 win over the Browns. In his absence, Fitzgerald Toussaint and Jordan Todman combined for 123 yards off 28 carries while wideout Martavis Bryant added another tote for 44 yards in Saturday's 18-16 wild-card win over the Bengals.

Pittsburgh has all sorts of injury issues heading into Sunday, with All-Pro wideout Antonio Brown in concussion protocol and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger battling a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder.

Losing Williams would hurt against Denver's active front seven, but Pittsburgh isn't ready to rule him out just yet. Stay tuned, Steelers fans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621155/article/deangelo-williams-could-sit-sunday-for-steelers

Denver Native (Carol)
01-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

"Not looking good" for WR Antonio Brown to play Sunday vs. Denver due to his concussion, per @BobHoltzmanESPN. "Very likely" Ben plays.

Joel
01-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Good news on Harris and Stewart. If Brown's in the concussion protocol, it's hard to see how he plays this week, unless the NFL tacitly admits its concussion liability (AKA "player safety") concerns are purely about money, to the exclusion of health.

tomjonesrocks
01-11-2016, 09:06 PM
I can't believe Schofield is practicing with the 1s. Can't. Believe. It.

In PFM SNL speak - Do you want to lose, Kubiak?

Mother******.

VonDoom
01-12-2016, 01:17 PM
93.7 The Fan ‏@937theFan 2h2 hours ago

NEW: Pittsburgh #Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger says he has an AC joint sprain, as well as some torn ligaments

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h1 hour ago

Tomlin: "Ben has a chance." Said Roethlisberger could practice in limited fashion on Weds, in run-game work

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h1 hour ago

Tomlin said DeAngelo Williams "still on the outside looking in." Will be doing more rehab this week, could play w/out much practice.

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 1h1 hour ago

Antonio Brown in concussion protocol. Tomlin says he's hopeful but "we'll do the right thing."

Tomlin on Steelers QB: "Ben has a chance. We'll manage him day to day." Probably be a limited participant tomorrow.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 54m54 minutes ago

Mike Tomlin: "[Roethilsberger's] answer [as to if he can play] is just part of the equation. That's what the medical experts are there for."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 53m53 minutes ago

Tomlin, on putting R'berger back in: "I was banking on the fact that Cincinnati didn't know that he couldn't throw it further than 10 yds."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 47m47 minutes ago

Tomlin says biggest diff. between DEN offense in Week 15 & w/ Manning this week isn't schematic, but in how Manning "administers" offense.

Joel
01-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 53m53 minutes ago

Tomlin, on putting R'berger back in: "I was banking on the fact that Cincinnati didn't know that he couldn't throw it further than 10 yds."
So he was counting on the Bengals to be idiots. Not a bad strategy, as it happens.

VonDoom
01-12-2016, 01:51 PM
So he was counting on the Bengals to be idiots. Not a bad strategy, as it happens.

I would say that unless he improves this week, we might be looking at the same situation. In which case, he probably shouldn't have tipped his hand :D

VonDoom
01-12-2016, 07:09 PM

Andrew Mason Retweeted Football Zebras

Terry McAulay calling @Broncos-@Steelers. Denver is 5-1 since 2011 when he refs the game; the loss was SB 48.

Buff
01-12-2016, 07:31 PM

Andrew Mason Retweeted Football Zebras

Terry McAulay calling @Broncos-@Steelers. Denver is 5-1 since 2011 when he refs the game; the loss was SB 48.

As long as it's not Vinovich or Triplette I'm good with that. Vinovich is the modern day Mike Carey who likes to interpret things in the most contrarian way possible. Triplette is wildly incompetent.

Nomad
01-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Well, VonDoom, no one has to be concerned with Vinovich refeeing this game.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/01/11/divisional-referees-2015/

VonDoom
01-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Well, VonDoom, no one has to be concerned with Vinovich refeeing this game.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/01/11/divisional-referees-2015/

I know, my irrational fears have subsided

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-13-2016, 01:11 AM
I know, my irrational fears have subsided

Your irrational fears are entertaining.

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Ben playing the tough guy card - not surprising:

Chris Adamski ‏@C_AdamskiTrib 14m14 minutes ago

Ben Roethlisberger says his shoulder feels "fine."

Said not to expect 55 throws this time against Denver, which is healthy in secondary now

Chris Adamski ‏@C_AdamskiTrib 9m9 minutes ago

Ben: "If I have to deal with the pain and make plays and just have to deal with a lotta pain the next day, that's what I'll do."

Chris Adamski ‏@C_AdamskiTrib 7m7 minutes ago

Ben: Even today we might see what I can do (mental reps, etc). We're literally hour to hour at this point.

SR
01-13-2016, 10:50 AM
His shoulder doesn't feel fine.

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20m20 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Roethlisberger says he's receiving treatment today, will have some participation in practice (Tomlin said Tue. he’d be limited).

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 20m20 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Roethlisberger, on being perceived as one of the toughest QBs: “It's just who I am … you want to be a tough guy.”

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19m19 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Roethlisberger: “I don’t expect them to do anything dirty to hurt my shoulder … Denver is a classy organization, classy players.”

Roethlisberger says he has “lots of faith” in the rest of his WR corps if Antonio Brown cannot play.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 19m19 minutes ago

Ben Roethlisberger said when he got hit on his shoulder he felt something "crunch".

Roethlisberger: Broncos D is “No. 1 for a reason … we didn’t face them at full strength; we know that. We got lucky last time.”

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 18m18 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Roethlisberger: Broncos D “is probably the biggest challenge of the year for us.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 18m18 minutes ago

Roethlisberger said Landry Jones is "extremely'' ready if "I cant go.'' Added "I always expect to play.''

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 17m17 minutes ago

Roethlisberger "I will be honest with coach ... if he doesn't like what he sees out there'' that Roethlisberger would come out of game.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17m17 minutes ago Dove Valley, CO

Roethlisberger: “I would probably rather have an injury anywhere on my body other than my right shoulder.”

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 16m16 minutes ago

Roethlisberger added "If I can't throw the ball more than 30 yards'' then he would have to tell Tomlin.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 14m14 minutes ago

Roethlisberger: "I'm not going to go out there if I'm not able to help the team."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 11m11 minutes ago

Roethlisberger said PITT has moved on from Cody Wallace's hit on David Bruton. He said that the Broncos haven't and probably deservedly so.

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago

Broncos' Von Miller was at team functions this morning but sent home sick. He will not practice today

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 5m5 minutes ago

Darian Stewart and Chris Harris are back at #Broncos practice. Von Miller was sent home sick.

Brock Osweiler is at practice, but he's off on the side working with a trainer.

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 03:22 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler did not practice. Kubiak expects him back tomorrow

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak said there's a little sickness going around that kept Von out. Malik Jackson has a bit of it too.

Kubiak said Brock Osweiler is still pretty sore, but he feels good about his chances to play Sunday. He's thinking about suiting 3 QBs.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak "we are at our best when line up and run the football. We have to win the turnover battle."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak said he saw Big Ben make some throws at the end of the Cincy game that made him think he still has it.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m

#broncos Demaryius Thomas and Chris Harris said there were distractions in playoffs last year. Kind of looking ahead too much

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m

#broncos Demaryius Thomas said still working on trying to get mom to game. Some wrinkles must be ironed out

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m

#broncos Demaryius Thomas and Chris Harris said there were distractions in playoffs last year. Kind of looking ahead too much

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 11m

#broncos Demaryius Thomas said still working on trying to get mom to game. Some wrinkles must be ironed out

I assumed the "distractions" were the coaching staff with one foot out the door. Plus there were those rumors that we didn't want to go to NE to play the next week. Neither of those things should be an issue this year.

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 04:35 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 34m34 minutes ago

CJ Anderson said the biggest difference in the offense has been how amped up Peyton Manning is.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 12m12 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas' mother has been cleared to travel, he is working on logistics now to try to get her to the game on Sunday.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago

Demaryius Thomas: "I know she'd be excited. It'd mean a lot for her to see my first game live."

BroncoWave
01-13-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm hoping DT's mom won't be a distraction with him. His poor play this season seemed to start around when she was let out, so I hope if that was a reason for it, it won't be a problem this week.

underrated29
01-13-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm hoping DT's mom won't be a distraction with him. His poor play this season seemed to start around when she was let out, so I hope if that was a reason for it, it won't be a problem this week.

It definitely did.

I have this feeling that he wont want to chump when she is at the game. I think DT needs to have his mom at 3 more games this year. I bet he goes off and lights up the other teams for tons of yards and tds. I would not be surprised to see him with 2 tds in each game! DT is ready. DT is hungry.

Timmy!
01-13-2016, 04:41 PM
DT's going to go off for something like 130 and 2 TDs. #nostratimmy

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 04:45 PM
It definitely did.

I have this feeling that he wont want to chump when she is at the game. I think DT needs to have his mom at 3 more games this year. I bet he goes off and lights up the other teams for tons of yards and tds. I would not be surprised to see him with 2 tds in each game! DT is ready. DT is hungry.

Even before this thing with his mom was reported today, I had a feeling DT would have a big game. Forgotten in the loss to Pitt was that Sanders had a monster game. I think it's DT's turn this time around.

underrated29
01-13-2016, 04:47 PM
It definitely did.

Even before this thing with his mom was reported today, I had a feeling DT would have a big game. Forgotten in the loss to Pitt was that Sanders had a monster game. I think it's DT's turn this time around.

Great minds

VonDoom
01-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Talib and Harris basically confirm what we knew about last year - the team was looking ahead, both to the Pats and to new jobs:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-13-2016, 07:24 PM
Talib and Harris basically confirm what we knew about last year - the team was looking ahead, both to the Pats and to new jobs:

Guys were trying to get paid....wonder who he was referring to their...

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2016, 09:46 PM
Harris Jr. won't have 'soul' stolen vs. Steelers
Cornerback Chris Harris Jr. uses a "Space Jam" metaphor to describe his first meeting with the Steelers this season, and why he believes he's ready for the game this Sunday.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Harris-Jr-wont-have-soul-stolen-vs-Steelers/30551137-dc02-4fea-bfbe-1f9c48b97391

Thomas talks timing with Manning
Demaryius Thomas talks about getting used to Peyton Manning being the starting quarterback again and the difference between this year's Broncos team and last year's.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Thomas-talks-timing-with-Manning/1ad5d8d8-7ee8-4e4a-b53c-3ca05b929119

Manning: 'In the playoffs, anything goes'
Peyton Manning talks about facing the Steelers defense and his health heading into the playoffs.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_In_the_playoffs_anything_goes/f48324a2-6d61-41b1-8a64-862c8342c762

Kubiak: Ball protection is key
Head Coach Gary Kubiak talks about the importance of protecting the ball and health at the quarterback position.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak_Ball_protection_is_key/f340d064-e054-48ab-b8e9-a8dc2498d541

Joel
01-13-2016, 10:30 PM

FINALLY learned the lesson that a #1 seed learned going one-and-done against a second-year expansion team the LAST time we won a SB. And all it took was finally letting Fox and Co. leave (since they evidently didn't want to be here anyway) and bringing back Kubiak to restore the bitter wisdom of the Lost Season of '97.

Harris' second quote makes unambiguously clear that "everybody" means EVERYBODY:
I truly think it was cultural, just as Elways "kicking and screaming." Good luck with Fox focusing and making something of J-Cut and B-Marsh, Bears fans! ;)

LawDog
01-13-2016, 11:32 PM
FINALLY learned the lesson that a #1 seed learned going one-and-done against a second-year expansion team the LAST time we won a SB. And all it took was finally letting Fox and Co. leave (since they evidently didn't want to be here anyway) and bringing back Kubiak to restore the bitter wisdom of the Lost Season of '97.

Harris' second quote makes unambiguously clear that "everybody" means EVERYBODY:
I truly think it was cultural, just as Elways "kicking and screaming." Good luck with Fox focusing and making something of J-Cut and B-Marsh, Bears fans! ;)

I agree, Fox will have a hell of a time doing anything with B-Marsh... Who plays for the Jets.

Joel
01-14-2016, 04:02 AM
I agree, Fox will have a hell of a time doing anything with B-Marsh... Who plays for the Jets.
Ah, right, forgot about that. Then again, maybe if Fox gets the Bears to a playoff game (not holding my breath) he can spend it interviewing for a job with the Jets.

VonDoom
01-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 4m4 minutes ago

Looks like Brock Osweiler is not practicing again today. He is out there, but was working off to the side, not w/ QBs, during ind drills.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 4m4 minutes ago

Von Miller and Malik Jackson, who were both sent home sick on Weds, are back at practice for #Broncos.

VonDoom
01-14-2016, 03:53 PM

Aditi Kinkhabwala Retweeted Melanie Friedlander

For all the optimism of his snapchat video, I'm told Antonio Brown hasn't yet passed through the concussion protocol

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 14m14 minutes ago

Ben Roethlisberger "limited" for the second straight day. Antonio Brown officially did not practice for second straight day. #Steelers

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m9 minutes ago

Lindsay Jones Retweeted Aditi Kinkhabwala

That means AB still not cleared for even light work, multiple stages left in concussion protocol

VonDoom
01-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26m26 minutes ago

Max Garcia limited with a groin iniury. Kubiak expects Osweiler to practice Friday ... Von full participant

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 24m24 minutes ago

Kubiak said Tyler Polumbus and Michael Schofield will both play Sunday.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

Kubiak said Ware worked with a brace on right knee. Might use in game Kubiak doesn't believe Ware will be limited #broncos

Why will Schofield play some? Coach Dennison said he has performed well in run game #broncos

Davii
01-14-2016, 04:20 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26m26 minutes ago

Max Garcia limited with a groin iniury. Kubiak expects Osweiler to practice Friday ... Von full participant

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 24m24 minutes ago

Kubiak said Tyler Polumbus and Michael Schofield will both play Sunday.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m21 minutes ago

Kubiak said Ware worked with a brace on right knee. Might use in game Kubiak doesn't believe Ware will be limited #broncos

Why will Schofield play some? Coach Dennison said he has performed well in run game #broncos

This has got to be a setup. Like make them think the second they see Schofield it is definitely a run play and then we go play action for a deep throw or something.

VonDoom
01-14-2016, 04:25 PM

Von Miller said bad mozzarella sticks got him sick yesterday. "Can't put regular gas in a Ferrari."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2m2 minutes ago

Von Miller's illness was from mozzarella sticks he ate at a movie theater on Tues. "The Force struck back," he said.

VonDoom
01-14-2016, 04:26 PM
This has got to be a setup. Like make them think the second they see Schofield it is definitely a run play and then we go play action for a deep throw or something.

Good point. I hope they're not giving anything away by saying this. It's kind of like how every time Manning was under center earlier in the season, it meant we were running the ball.

VonDoom
01-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#broncos Phillips compared Big Ben to Terry Bradshaw's toughness

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#broncos Phillips reiterated issue vs #Steelers was poor tackling "we are lucky they didn't throw for 500 yards"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 56s57 seconds ago

#broncos Phillips said @BossWard43 is "heat-seeking missile and all star player". Having Ward and Stewart back is critical

Joel
01-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Good point. I hope they're not giving anything away by saying this. It's kind of like how every time Manning was under center earlier in the season, it meant we were running the ball.
Has even that changed? I know there's been some talk about Manning spending equal time under center and in shotgun during his return, but how many of our big runs were out of shotgun? How many of his key completions were from under center?

I love Kubiak, but one thing I don't love is the tendency to run few plays from many formations instead of many plays from few formations. As long as we're only running the same handful of plays, defenses will play the few pass routes and run blocking lanes they see on film REGARDLESS of who lines up where. On the other hand, if they never know WHERE we're going, the fact we're always doing it from the same few sets matters much less.

Starting Schofield, however, makes NO sense in ANY case. If we come out running outside behind him but get promptly stuffed (which Pitt does to most teams outside, and most 3-4s do to our outside runs unless they're as beat up as SD was last time,) then promptly wind up in 2nd/3rd and long scenarios with Schofield getting Manning killed inside and out, I only hope Kubiak and Dennison swap Schofield for Polumbus just as promptly.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2016, 08:42 PM
Question - Has anyone heard when in the SD game Brock injured his knee?

LawDog
01-15-2016, 12:19 AM

Nope, been wondering that myself.

TXBRONC
01-15-2016, 08:27 AM

There is no way he could be referring to J. Thomas. :flute:

Davii
01-15-2016, 09:23 AM

I heard DMac say something about which play they thought it was, but it wasn't one that stuck out in my mind and I, therefore, don't remember what he said.

Dzone
01-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Antonio Brown is OUT for Sundays game

olathebroncofan
01-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Shannon Sharpe just said the Steelers rule Antonio Brown out for this weekend's game.

I guess Adam Jones owes him an apology now huh.

VonDoom
01-15-2016, 09:33 AM
Antonio Brown is OUT for Sundays game

Shannon Sharpe just said the Steelers rule Antonio Brown out for this weekend's game.

Just heard that myself. Wow. That was my original prediction after last week, but you never know with the concussion protocol. Guess he's getting that apology from Pacman after all.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2016, 10:59 AM
I heard DMac say something about which play they thought it was, but it wasn't one that stuck out in my mind and I, therefore, don't remember what he said.

finally found it

Osweiler suffered a low-grade strain to the medial collateral ligament of his right knee during the Broncos’ game Sunday against the San Diego Chargers, sources told 9NEWS.

Osweiler was injured at the 7-minute mark of the second quarter. Chargers outside linebacker Melvin Ingram first whacked Osweiler as he was attempting to throw, forcing the pass to flutter into an interception. At the same time, Ingram’s knee collided on the outside of Osweiler’s right knee, causing the quarterback to buckle.

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/2016/01/07/brock-osweiler-denver-broncos-mike-klis/78433086/

tripp
01-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Repost....

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 14s14 seconds ago

#Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams is officially out for Sunday's game vs. #Broncos.

VonDoom
01-15-2016, 12:48 PM
Repost....

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 14s14 seconds ago

#Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams is officially out for Sunday's game vs. #Broncos.

Not much of a surprise but I'm glad we know. Ben is officially questionable, which is what I figured he'd be listed as.

VonDoom
01-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Chris Adamski ‏@C_AdamskiTrib 19m19 minutes ago

Ben officially "questionable." Several players confirmed/talked about how he threw extensively today, and said how that was always the plan.

Chris Adamski ‏@C_AdamskiTrib 18m18 minutes ago

Several teammates confirmed that Roethlisberger made many different types of throws. "Pretty much the whole route tree," Will Johnson said.

VonDoom
01-15-2016, 02:04 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 42m42 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler is practicing and throwing for the first time since spraining his MCL Jan. 3.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 39m39 minutes ago

Everybody is at Broncos practice. RB Juwan Thompson the only nonparticipant.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 32m32 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler back at practice today for #Broncos. It's a light practice, no helmets. But he's throwing and looks much better.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-15-2016, 02:11 PM
I hope he plays and can make all the throws

VonDoom
01-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m14 minutes ago

Questionable: Osweiler. All others probable. Kubiak expects Oz to be ready for Sunday.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 13m13 minutes ago

Juwan Thompson was sick that's why he didn't participate. No word if he had the same mozzarella sticks that Von had.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

#broncos Kubiak on message to team on Saturday night: "Stay in the moment... Rely on each other."

TXBRONC
01-15-2016, 03:44 PM

I would imagine that even hurt he can still make throws that Manning can no longer make.

pulse
01-15-2016, 05:26 PM
When Brock didn't practice yesterday and apent another day with trainers, I started thinking he wouldn't be available Sunday. Awesome news that Brock is expected to be ready to play if needed. Just in case, well, you never know...

Joel
01-15-2016, 07:12 PM
I hope Oz can make all the throws but doesn't play, because if he does it'll probably mean something has gone very horribly wrong.

NightTerror218
01-15-2016, 07:25 PM
Does any speculate Oz's injury could be why Manning is starting? And not the fact Manning is healthy or they way Oz has played.

VonDoom
01-15-2016, 08:56 PM
DT's mom will officially be at the game, to see her son play in person for the first time:

Sunday will be a special day for Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas.

His mother, Katina Smith, will see him play football in person for the first time.

Thomas' sister, Tyeshia Smith, told The Denver Post that her mother will travel to Denver on Saturday and stay through the weekend to attend the Broncos' divisional playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"She said she's ready. She's excited," said Tyeshia Smith, a sophomore basketball player at Darton State in Albany, Ga.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29391071/demaryius-thomas-mother-will-see-her-son-play

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2016, 03:16 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Denver Post Sports ‏@DPostSports 1h

Renck: Schofield won't be wrong move at right tackle if #Broncos run well http://dpo.st/1P4S7FU
@TroyRenck

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1h1 hour ago

CB Kayvon Webster is listed as probable with illness.

Troy Renck Retweeted
Denver Post Sports ‏@DPostSports 2h2 hours ago

#Broncos' offensive line looks ready to jell in NFL playoffs http://dpo.st/1ZqAVdA
by @TroyRenck

DOMINATE Film Trailer
'DOMINATE' is a film about the Denver Broncos top-ranked defense.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/DOMINATE_Film_Trailer/ad793e89-1ee8-44c8-a5fc-29289882b982

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2016, 03:57 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

Andrew Mason Retweeted SportsAuthorityField

To hopefully help neutralize the sight of twirling yellow towels from Steelers fans who infiltrate the building.

SportsAuthorityField Verified account
‏@SportsAuthField

Pom Pom prep is underway! 77K orange poms are being positioned on every seat at SAFMH. #BroncosCountryPlayoffs

slim
01-16-2016, 03:59 PM
Oh God, I hope we don't have a repeat of 2005. Seeing that much yellow in the stands was embarrassing.

BroncoWave
01-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Oh God, I hope we don't have a repeat of 2005. Seeing that much yellow in the stands was embarrassing.

That's how basically every Steelers away game is, especially in the playoffs. Don't really see why this one would be any different. It just is what it is.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger on track to start against Broncos

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14581832/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-track-start-denver-broncos-responding-well-practice

slim
01-16-2016, 04:13 PM
That's how basically every Steelers away game is, especially in the playoffs. Don't really see why this one would be any different. It just is what it is.

I know...it makes me want to puke.

I guess a win will be that much sweeter, though.

pnbronco
01-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

Andrew Mason Retweeted SportsAuthorityField

To hopefully help neutralize the sight of twirling yellow towels from Steelers fans who infiltrate the building.

SportsAuthorityField Verified account
‏@SportsAuthField

Pom Pom prep is underway! 77K orange poms are being positioned on every seat at SAFMH. #BroncosCountryPlayoffs

I liked the orange towels better....you couldn't really see the yellow with all those orange twirling....maybe they were afraid of towel fights....:questionmark:

SR
01-16-2016, 09:57 PM
I liked the orange towels better....you couldn't really see the yellow with all those orange twirling....maybe they were afraid of towel fights....:questionmark:

I have an orange towel ;)

Joel
01-17-2016, 02:48 AM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Denver Post Sports ‏@DPostSports 1h

Renck: Schofield won't be wrong move at right tackle if #Broncos run well http://dpo.st/1P4S7FU
@TroyRenck
Legend says Alexander the Greats father once sent Sparta a message demanding surrender ere he invaded, because if he defeated them in BATTLE he would slaughter their men, rape their women and enslave their children. The notoriously militant Laconians laconically replied, "If...."

IF the Steelers sell out on stopping our run and FORCE us to pass (which 1. has been Defense 101 for over a century, 2. Pitts LBs have done well for two decades and 3. has been Defending Denver 101 for four years, because 4. our line's struggled to run block that whole time) Schofield will be a MASSIVE liability who gets our injured QBs (BOTH of them) killed because pass rushers run by him inside AND out when they don't just run OVER him.

Planning for the best-case scenario doesn't win games, especially against playoff teams: In the best-case scenario, EVERYTHING works, so you win no matter what, but in the MOST LIKELY scenario, even the best battle plan rarely survives first contact with the enemy, so victory goes to the side with the best CONTINGENCY plans.

I have an orange towel ;)
I have a brownish-orange towel: It WAS white, but permanently stained by mopping up the massive amounts of puke our last three playoffs caused (see above.) :tsk:

Joel
01-17-2016, 06:18 AM
Evidently the Steelers are aware of our gameplan (http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/17435/peyton-manning-secondary-in-steelers-defensive-gameplan) and have concocted their own to counter it. So either:

1) Our #17 rushing attack runs all over a top 5 run D, even though we've always struggled to run outside on good 3-4s AND Pitt's always excelled at stopping that, or
2) We pass block halfway decently so Manning can win the game when Pitt stuffs our improved but inconsistent run blocking as so many teams before them.

Now, which of those things does Schofield provide? And has he or Polumbus done BOTH better on the field? Of course, there IS another option: 3) We AGAIN squander playoff homefield by getting beat like a drum in our own house the moment our postseason starts (and ends.) But I'd prefer to avoid that one.

TXBRONC
01-17-2016, 09:04 AM

It hasn't been that way in Denver the last two or three times they have been to Denver.