01-06-2016, 10:09 AM
https://soundcloud.com/1043thefan/john-elway-the-drive

Some interesting stuff

Dzone
01-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Like that he said Wade has a goal to be the best DC in NFL history

vettesplus
01-06-2016, 10:49 AM
looking back in history, that's going to be very tough to do...

TXBRONC
01-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Liked what Elway had to say about Osweiler. Also if one thought that Elway was leading Kubiak around by the nose this once dispels the idea Elway tells his head coaches who to play.

Tned
01-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Liked what Elway had to say about Osweiler. Also if one thought that Elway was leading Kubiak around by the nose this once dispels the idea Elway tells his head coaches who to play.

Can you elaborate, not sure I'll get a chance to listen.

Krugan
01-06-2016, 05:48 PM
He says they want him back (os) and will work on that once the season ends.

My favorite part, he feels the team is ready, fully battle tested, and i cant argue that at all. These last few games have been rough, against really good teams. Gives me a small amount of hope we can make something special out of this year. I do temper any excitement i have due to our total lack of ability to seem to be able to play a complete game. Playing 1/2 a game isnt goign to get it done anymore this season.

Nice interview though, always good to hear from the bossman.

Sorry tned, im at work and listening in 30 second spurts as my phone only rings when i want to do something non-work related.... Would give a better breakdown, but im not in any position to do it :(

Tned
01-06-2016, 08:41 PM
He says they want him back (os) and will work on that once the season ends.

My favorite part, he feels the team is ready, fully battle tested, and i cant argue that at all. These last few games have been rough, against really good teams. Gives me a small amount of hope we can make something special out of this year. I do temper any excitement i have due to our total lack of ability to seem to be able to play a complete game. Playing 1/2 a game isnt goign to get it done anymore this season.

Nice interview though, always good to hear from the bossman.

Sorry tned, im at work and listening in 30 second spurts as my phone only rings when i want to do something non-work related.... Would give a better breakdown, but im not in any position to do it :(

Thanks for that summary. I'm going to listen to it myself later.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2016, 09:18 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway spoke to Denver’s 104.3 The Fan and Denver Sports 760 on Wednesday about how impressed he is with the Broncos staff, and quarterback Brock Osweiler and Peyton Manning.

The Broncos face a decision regarding which quarterback will start in the Broncos’ playoff run. Manning’s health has been in question since rehabbing from a partially torn plantar fascia while Osweiler would see action in his first NFL playoff game after starting just six games in his career.

Denver secured the AFC’s No. 1 seed in Week 17 with a win over the San Diego Chargers. It was the first game since Week 10 that Manning was active on gameday, serving as Osweiler’s backup. But after five turnovers in three quarters and the division title on the line, Head Coach Gary Kubiak made the decision to bring Manning in to close the game out, giving the team a much-needed spark. That move had many questioning who will get the nod come the Broncos’ divisional playoff game.

“That’s Gary’s decision,” Elway said to 104.3 The Fan. “We chat a lot and talk a lot and he asks what I think at times, and so I give him my thoughts. Most of the time I sit there and listen and ask questions and allow him to come to the best decision that he believes is right for this football team.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/John-Elway-praises-Gary-Kubiak-talks-QB-situation/0ab52feb-134b-452e-8484-411de76f62e0

Cugel
01-06-2016, 09:21 PM
I didn't think there was anything surprising in this interview. Most interesting was that Elway did not discuss putting Peyton into the game with Kubiak before the move was made. That was Kubiak's decision entirely. I wonder if Elway was surprised. If so he probably won't admit it.