PDA

View Full Version : Server down problem

Tned
01-06-2016, 02:24 AM
I'm still waiting for why, but the server was down for two and a half hours tonight. It hung up, and then when they rebooted it, it got stuck in a reboot loop. They suspected a RAID card failure, but that turned out to not be the case, and they ran a manual file system check/repair.

I'm still waiting on a review of the logs, to see if it appears to have been caused by a hardware issue, or what might have caused the actual problem.

It seems to be working fine now. I'm going to bed, and will check with the support people in the morning, but will get a text alert if it goes back down. Hopefully it doesn't.

Poet
01-06-2016, 02:34 AM
Thank you for being dedicated to the message board you so graciously provide us. :salute:

OrangeHoof
01-06-2016, 06:03 AM
Seems a-ok here 5 am CT. Thanks Tned.

Davii
01-06-2016, 08:08 AM
It made me get some sleep last night! Thanks TNed!

SR
01-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Forum Runner won't connect to this board on my iPhone when on wifi FWIW.

GEM
01-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Thanks T!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Yash did it!

tomjonesrocks
01-06-2016, 10:03 AM

Wow. I have the same issue at home. Have to turn off wifi and then sign in. Oddest thing.

Been meaning to login to my router and investigate if I can add it as a trusted URL or something but for now just turn off wifi.

Tned
01-06-2016, 10:18 AM
It made me get some sleep last night! Thanks TNed!

Opposite for me. Didn't get to bed until after 2:00 and up before 6:00 for work.

That is weird, but when I checked a few months ago, they had pretty much stopped production of Forum runner, which pisses me off. I can't even use it on my S6 Edge+, because they removed the ability to get into the menu, which makes it impossible to use. It was my goto mobile choice.

Once we get through the playoffs, I'm going to try and find time to figure out where we need to go with forum software (upgrade to latest VB, move to another software, etc) and if we stay with VB, work on getting their mobile apps back in the app stores. Maybe after all this time they've improved them.

Davii
01-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Opposite for me. Didn't get to bed until after 2:00 and up before 6:00 for work.

That is weird, but when I checked a few months ago, they had pretty much stopped production of Forum runner, which pisses me off. I can't even use it on my S6 Edge+, because they removed the ability to get into the menu, which makes it impossible to use. It was my goto mobile choice.

Once we get through the playoffs, I'm going to try and find time to figure out where we need to go with forum software (upgrade to latest VB, move to another software, etc) and if we stay with VB, work on getting their mobile apps back in the app stores. Maybe after all this time they've improved them.

Might want to look into the ability to insert a tweet before Falco explodes. Lol

Az Snake
01-07-2016, 10:45 PM

Seems to work fine on mine.
Oh wait, I think that I have an Android OS on my Galaxy S6.

Tned, I don't have any problem accessing the menu on Forum Runner. Is the + that much different ?
I love Forum Runner for my application.

Forum Runner

Tned
01-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Seems to work fine on mine.
Oh wait, I think that I have an Android OS on my Galaxy S6.

Tned, I don't have any problem accessing the menu on Forum Runner. Is the + that much different ?
I love Forum Runner for my application.

Forum Runner

Do you get the menu by holding one of the soft keys? On my S5, holding the switch app button got me the menu. On s6 edge+ it goes to a split screen mode.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Do you get the menu by holding one of the soft keys? On my S5, holding the switch app button got me the menu. On s6 edge+ it goes to a split screen mode.

I just clap my hands twice. Then my phone says in an audible voice, "as you wish sir ". Then of course the screen changes

Az Snake
01-08-2016, 01:16 AM

I put the Forum Runner app shortcut on one of my home pages.
I just tap on my Forum Runner app icon and it launches the menu.
It's version 1.3.18
I got it years ago from the Play Store.
Every time I get a new device it downloads for free.
I have BroncosForums in my favorites.
Tap on it once and this site opens right up.
I keep it set on auto-update.
Never have a problem.

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/3148/EYuW3g.jpghttp://imageshack.com/a/img910/4268/5B0cGj.jpg

Joel
01-08-2016, 03:17 AM
I'm actually a bit relieved, Tned, because I was getting that same "website unavailable" error for MONTHS before I left Norway, but don't have your email address in my contacts, so the only way I knew to notify you was—through the site I couldn't access. Then I came home, hopped on a new computer and saw tons of posts from that time period, at which point I realized it was on my end. Probably the router screwing with us (I think it's dying,) though all OTHER websites loaded fine (then again, my wife's had a similar problem exclusive to the site for the TV station with all the shows our daughter likes to watch on the iPad, which is a bigger problem in daily household life.)

Anyway, glad you got it (mostly) straightened out fairly quickly, and thanks again for the time, energy and, of course, cash you put into this place.