PDA

View Full Version : We're all celebrating the wrong thing...

GEM
01-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Here's the best thing that happened today....

Schofield got put on the damn bench!!! **** yes! FINALLY!!!

SR
01-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Here's the best thing that happened today.... Schofield got put on the damn bench!!! **** yes! FINALLY!!!

This is something I can get on board with.

BroncoWave
01-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Weeks too late but better late than never. Our suspicions were all right that Polumbus could not be worse.

Northman
01-03-2016, 09:19 PM

You know you are bad when Missy starts screaming at the TV. I have not seen her do that since Hillman fumbled in Indy a few years back. lol

I Eat Staples
01-03-2016, 09:21 PM
I would have liked to see Brock play with Polumbus in the game. Schofield was the one who deserved to be benched, and deserved it for weeks. This is a guy who gave up 5 ******* sacks in one game lol.

tripp
01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Nothing makes me happier than Chiefs getting all excited because they won 10 straight and still can't win the AFC West.

tripp
01-03-2016, 09:30 PM
I would have liked to see Brock play with Polumbus in the game. Schofield was the one who deserved to be benched, and deserved it for weeks. This is a guy who gave up 5 ******* sacks in one game lol.

If Schofield doesn't get shown the door immediately once the playoffs are over, I'll cry.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-03-2016, 09:31 PM

I'm celebrating that Manning was able to take a snap from under center and hand the ball off without looking like he had cement boots on

Tned
01-03-2016, 09:37 PM

Sure took long enough. I guess they weren't willing to risk Manning, the way they were letting him learn with Brock's health.

Tned
01-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Nothing makes me happier than Chiefs getting all excited because they won 10 straight and still can't win the AFC West.

That does kind of such for them. NOT!!!! :laugh:

Traveler
01-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Glad Kubiak changed his mind. IIRC, the sideline reporter said she asked if Kubiak would give Schofield some help and he said no.

GEM
01-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Glad Kubiak changed his mind. IIRC, the sideline reporter said she asked if Kubiak would give Schofield some help and he said no.

Kubiak is a stubborn sob.

Simple Jaded
01-03-2016, 10:00 PM
As literally the only one who liked the Schofield draft pick I can't help but think that this was all somehow you guys fault.

GEM
01-03-2016, 10:03 PM
As literally the only one who liked the Schofield draft pick I can't help but think that this was all somehow you guys fault.

One of his college teammates ' comment on him....really nice guy, but he can't block shit

TXBRONC
01-03-2016, 10:06 PM

Agreed.

Hopefully he stays there.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-03-2016, 10:10 PM
It will cause for celebration if we never have to see him take another starting snap in a Broncos uniform. Or any snap at all.

Foochacho
01-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Polumbus was our secret playoff weapon but schofield couldnt keephis shit together for us to get the win. The original plan was to let whoever we see in the playoffs scheme around attacking Schofield but then they get wrecked by the mighty Polumbus. Schofield ****** up our playoff plans already.

BroncoWave
01-03-2016, 10:12 PM
It will cause for celebration if we never have to see him take another starting snap in a Broncos uniform. Or any snap at all.

I wouldn't go that far. I would be more than happy to see him taking snaps for the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Pats, etc... :D

Foochacho
01-03-2016, 10:12 PM
But seriously wtf was schofield doing in there all these weeks Polumbus has got to be better.

Joel
01-03-2016, 10:16 PM
One of his college teammates ' comment on him....really nice guy, but he can't block shit
Sadly so. I've seen some (ur, IIRC) talk about salvaging him at G, where his uselessness against speedy edge rushers wouldn't be such a liability, but that would only be viable if he at least had the power to resist bull rushes, which he totally DOESN'T. The reality is he's not quick enough to beat speed NOR strong enough to beat power (at least Franklin had THAT going for him:) Schofield's just BAD. "How bad is he...?"

So bad even Dennison—whose whole CAREER consists of making scrub linemen play like starters—can't even make him ADEQUATE. On the plus side: After our awful protection left Manning hobbling through the last half of the season and ANOTHER early playoff exit, we spent our 1st round pick on a 4th OLB. Yea.

Dapper Dan
01-03-2016, 10:17 PM
I'm just celebrating being the number 1 team in the AFC.

BroncoWave
I'm just celebrating being the number 1 team in the AFC.

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

Joel
I wouldn't go that far. I would be more than happy to see him taking snaps for the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Pats, etc... :D
The Chargers got Walton, and paid Franklin what he thinks he's worth: I don't think it's right to inflict any more than that on one team, even a division rival.

Simple Jaded
01-03-2016, 10:20 PM

I heard Clough talking about that, too bad Elway didn't talk to this teammate.

wayninja
01-03-2016, 10:32 PM
I thought Denver had no more depth at the position, which is why he wasn't benched previously? Maybe I misinterpreted something I read/heard.

arapaho2
01-03-2016, 10:34 PM
What bugs me is...of all the struggles oz has endured with scofield lack of ability to block...even after giving up 5 sacks in one game
even after watching him get wrecked week after week and refusing to either bench him or give him help...even at half when kun said Brock is just gonna have to deal with scho

He immediately Benched him when manning came in...and inserted polumbus

Why wait...why not in the oak game...or in the bengals.

GEM
01-03-2016, 10:35 PM
I thought Denver had no more depth at the position, which is why he wasn't benched previously? Maybe I misinterpreted something I read/heard.

Polumbus...

Simple Jaded
01-03-2016, 10:35 PM

They're currently on Plan C at LT, who is a RT, which makes Polumbus Plan D at RT.

GEM
01-03-2016, 10:37 PM
What bugs me is...of all the struggles oz has endured with scofield lack of ability to block...even after giving up 5 sacks in one game
even after watching him get wrecked week after week and refusing to either bench him or give him help...even at half when kun said Brock is just gonna have to deal with scho

He immediately Benched him when manning came in...and inserted polumbus

Why wait...why not in the oak game...or in the bengals.

I dont like the message that sends to Oz either. No, we wont give him some help, he'llcause 3 of 5 turnovers, we'll bench you...then we'll bench him for Manning AND give the guy in his place help.

Dapper Dan
01-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Schofield used the shitter at halftime and got stuck. That's what happened.

wayninja
01-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Schofield used the shitter at halftime and got stuck. That's what happened.

Would be weird to see a toliet flush itself.

arapaho2
01-03-2016, 10:56 PM
I dont like the message that sends to Oz either. No, we wont give him some help, he'llcause 3 of 5 turnovers, we'll bench you...then we'll bench him for Manning AND give the guy in his place help.

Ya I know..it's not like oz was sucking it up....we shoulda had a 1st down on the bolts 5...Sanders fumbles

He threw another good pass that went right Thru Fowler hands and picked...he then got sacked and fumbled....he then had schofield get beat again hitting his arm as he threw the ball...another pick...then cj fumbled

And he gets benched??...why not bench his rt...why not give oz polumbus

It's not a good thing ...kinda a ******* thing

DenBronx
01-04-2016, 02:01 AM
He's maybe the worst OL guy we have ever had.

Joel
01-04-2016, 02:20 AM
He's maybe the worst OL guy we have ever had.
Not to defend Schofield, but I'm not sure he's even our worst lineman since the millennium. At least we didn't waste a 1st round pick on him; remember George Foster? The big, strong and USELESS guy we drafted Harris to replace? Hell, injuries depleted SD so badly they STARTED a couple guys we cut (Franklin was a cap casualty, but I don't think Walton was even on a ROSTER last year, because he's so bad he lost his job to Man Ram, whom we also cut.)

One of the many downsides of the Maddenizing of football (and one Madden himself surely deplores) is that any linemen who's not an OT, much less one who run blocks far better than he pass blocks, is valued VERY lowly. We should be able to pick up a slew of stud interior linemen for a song, but we don't value them any more than anyone else does: For the price of two All Pro Gs and an All Pro C, we could have half a receiving TE who can't run block.

Then we wonder why every defense we play boils down to "squat on the short routes and kill the QB before his WRs can get deep."

Cugel
01-04-2016, 02:46 AM

I came on the boards intending to say this and saw this thread. Hallelujah!

In the frozen land of Nador, they were forced to eat Michael Scofield. And there was much rejoicing.

Cugel
01-04-2016, 02:50 AM
Ya I know..it's not like oz was sucking it up....we shoulda had a 1st down on the bolts 5...Sanders fumbles

He threw another good pass that went right Thru Fowler hands and picked...he then got sacked and fumbled....he then had schofield get beat again hitting his arm as he threw the ball...another pick...then cj fumbled

This is the wrong thread for that argument. And it's wrong. It's about giving the team the best chance to win a SB, not about pleasing Brock.

Timmy!
01-04-2016, 05:32 AM

Its 3:30am....I haven't posted all day....I was about to run my mouth on some #nostratimmy shit (hey I was 1 week off on the qb change back...sue me) and I'm chemically inconvenienced, but this thead wins.

DenBronx
01-04-2016, 06:27 AM
I really wish that Joe Thomas trade would have went down. We could have used him this year.

TXBRONC
01-04-2016, 08:35 AM
I really wish that Joe Thomas trade would have went down. We could have used him this year.

I would have too but I can understand why Elway let it drop.

Davii
01-04-2016, 09:05 AM

Can you imagine him trying to block Von?

It would be like Mack X 2!

Davii
01-04-2016, 09:08 AM

To be fair, *I* saw that blitz coming. *I* knew that safety was unblocked. That Brock didn't is not good, he should've known, should've changed the protection, audibled out, moved the pocket, something. Schofield sucks, but that fumble was a direct result of a poor job reading the defense.

Northman
01-04-2016, 09:17 AM
To be fair, *I* saw that blitz coming. *I* knew that safety was unblocked. That Brock didn't is not good, he should've known, should've changed the protection, audibled out, moved the pocket, something. Schofield sucks, but that fumble was a direct result of a poor job reading the defense.

And its those kinds of things that lead to Manning coming in im sure of it. Brock will get better but with a lot riding on that game the team needed him to step it up a little more and he wasnt in that regard. I have a feeling fans are making more out of his benching than he actually is to be honest. Brock has a lot to be thankful for in Denver, if he gets butthurt over something like that than he can leave and i wont even think twice about it.

Davii
01-04-2016, 09:20 AM
And its those kinds of things that lead to Manning coming in im sure of it. Brock will get better but with a lot riding on that game the team needed him to step it up a little more and he wasnt in that regard. I have a feeling fans are making more out of his benching than he actually is to be honest. Brock has a lot to be thankful for in Denver, if he gets butthurt over something like that than he can leave and i wont even think twice about it.

I really liked Brock's interview postgame. He said as long as the team wins he doesn't care who plays QB, and that it takes the WHOLE team. He followed it up by saying, "I really do mean that". I hope he's serious and I hope he's our starter next year.

Pudge
01-04-2016, 09:23 AM
I really liked Brock's interview postgame. He said as long as the team wins he doesn't care who plays QB, and that it takes the WHOLE team. He followed it up by saying, "I really do mean that". I hope he's serious and I hope he's our starter next year.

I think Peytons knowledge is important in the playoffs. Even last night's game showed how audibling out of certain situations got us some huge gains, or at least kept us from having negative yards. I'm all in on Brock for next year, and I'd be willing to wager he'd prefer to stay here

Davii
01-04-2016, 09:29 AM
I think Peytons knowledge is important in the playoffs. Even last night's game showed how audibling out of certain situations got us some huge gains, or at least kept us from having negative yards. I'm all in on Brock for next year, and I'd be willing to wager he'd prefer to stay here

The long TD run that got overturned on review was a direct result of Manning reading the D. The offsides penalty was a great opportunity created by a savvy veteran that wound up being a FG. I think we ride with Manning, with the understanding that Kubes won't wait long if Manning struggles, and if he is AT ALL injured it's Brock's dance.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2016, 10:01 AM
If Schofield doesn't get shown the door immediately once the playoffs are over, I'll cry.

Don't forget we traded Chris Clark away for a 6th round draft choice. Now that Duane Brown is out for the season, Clark is his sub at LT and looked adequate against Jacksonville. Shame we kept Schofield instead.

OrangeHoof
01-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Polumbus was our secret playoff weapon but schofield couldnt keephis shit together for us to get the win. The original plan was to let whoever we see in the playoffs scheme around attacking Schofield but then they get wrecked by the mighty Polumbus. Schofield ****** up our playoff plans already.

C'mon. Kubiak has never been that clever.

Buff
01-04-2016, 10:20 AM
For a while there it looked like we were waiting for one of our QBs to get their necks broken before making the change. RIP Schofield's NFL career.

TXBRONC
01-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Don't forget we traded Chris Clark away for a 6th round draft choice. Now that Duane Brown is out for the season, Clark is his sub at LT and looked adequate against Jacksonville. Shame we kept Schofield instead.

He was adequate in pas protection for Denver three years ago until they got to the Super Bowl.

arapaho2
01-04-2016, 11:00 AM
This is the wrong thread for that argument. And it's wrong. It's about giving the team the best chance to win a SB, not about pleasing Brock.

that's stupid

1. this is a thread about schofield getting benched finally...so the discussion is in the right thread

2. never said anything about pleasing brock...make shit up much?

3. schofield has been the biggest liability to this offense for weeks...every single analyst, commentator or expert has concluded the exact same thing...leaving him solo is killing the offense..why not get him help, why not try somebody else?...its not like he just had a bad game...he has had bad game after bad game and been the worst RT in the game. at the half kubiak stated OZ would just have to deal with schos play....then immediately benches schofield for polumbus, and then inserts schofield in as the 6th olinemen for running plays when manning came in?

why wait? why not in the Oakland game...why not sooner...why not make the simple adjustment he did when manning came in weeks ago

arapaho2
01-04-2016, 11:02 AM
He was adequate in pas protection for Denver three years ago until they got to the Super Bowl.

and he was playing LT then to boot...him playing RT would have been a huge upgrade over schofield

TXBRONC
01-04-2016, 11:11 AM
and he was playing LT then to boot...him playing RT would have been a huge upgrade over schofield

Two years ago Clark got the chance to start at right tackle and he was terrible. He's ok as pass blocker but is softer than a baby's butt when comes to run blocking.

VonDoom
01-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Schofield shouldn't play again unless everyone else gets hurt. No one here loves Polumbus, but man, even I can see the difference there.

Related note, I saw this in Mike Tanier's column today. The header for this section on the playoff teams was "scary or scared"?

Manning did not evoke memories of 2013 when he relieved Osweiler in Sunday's 27-20 victory over the Chargers, but he's still a heck of a guy to suddenly have to outwit in the fourth quarter.

It's bad enough dealing with a vicious defense, resurgent running game and the Mile High elements. Now opponents must brace for a two-headed quarterback attack.

Oh, and while we were all focused on Manning, Kubiak replaced right tackle Michael Schofield, one of the most overmatched pass protectors in the NFL, with Tyler Polumbus, who has the advantage of not being Michael Schofield. There goes the most obvious weak spot through which to attack the quarterback, whoever he may be. Scary.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604702-monday-morning-hangover-playoff-teams-prove-its-best-to-spend-smart-not-big

TXBRONC
01-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Schofield shouldn't play again unless everyone else gets hurt. No one here loves Polumbus, but man, even I can see the difference there.

Related note, I saw this in Mike Tanier's column today. The header for this section on the playoff teams was "scary or scared"?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2604702-monday-morning-hangover-playoff-teams-prove-its-best-to-spend-smart-not-big

Polumbus isn't great by any stretch but he's been in the league for ten years so he obviously knows what to do keep himself employed in this League.

LTC Pain
01-04-2016, 02:15 PM
I liked the Schofield pick at the draft. Now I don't, he sucks. Dude can't block an empty refrigerator box. I'd almost say take two tackles in the upcoming draft!