PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos’ Opponents for 2016 season.

Magnificent Seven
01-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Broncos’ Opponents for 2016 season.

AFC West: Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders

AFC South: Texans, Colts, Titans, and Jaguars

NFC South: Panthers, Saints, Falcons, and Buccaneers

Denver would also play the teams from the AFC East and North that finish in the same place as the Broncos in the 2015 standings.

AFC East: Patriots

AFC North: Bengals

If Broncos lose the game tomorrow: They will play against Jets (AFCE) and Steelers (AFCN) in season 2016.

BroncoWave
01-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Doesn't look too bad on paper drawing the AFC South and NFC South, but much can change from year to year.

SR
01-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Houston will be better in 2016, as will Jacksonville and Indy. Tennessee has nowhere to go but up. The NFC South is hit or miss. Carolina won't be as good IMO. The AFC West is tough.

tripp
01-02-2016, 06:43 PM
I think 9-7 next year would be a good goal.

SR
01-02-2016, 06:46 PM

I don't think that's a good "goal" at all. I think 12-4 is a better "goal", especially with 8-10 starters returning on defense and hopefully an improved offensive line.

BroncoWave
01-02-2016, 06:52 PM
I don't think that's a good "goal" at all. I think 12-4 is a better "goal", especially with 8-10 starters returning on defense and hopefully an improved offensive line.

Yeah, assuming we win this week, that would make Brock 5-2 in his first year as a starter with two wins against the elite of the AFC. There is no reason to expect a regression to 9-7 with an improved Brock and hopefully improved o-line.

aberdien
01-02-2016, 06:56 PM
I actually hate the AFC and NFC South teams. I don't know why. Those divisions just bore me. I was looking at going to a game next year but I don't really want to go see any of those shitty south teams. Maybe Carolina but that's it

BroncoWave
01-02-2016, 06:59 PM
I actually hate the AFC and NFC South teams. I don't know why. Those divisions just bore me. I was looking at going to a game next year but I don't really want to go see any of those shitty south teams. Maybe Carolina but that's it

Dude go to the Saints game. I'm going to really try to and Davii is already there. Who cares if the Saints are shitty, you will have a fun time there.

Magnificent Seven
01-02-2016, 07:01 PM

Grudge match against Falcons. Never forget that game in season 2012. They played dirty and referees helped Falcons to win.

tripp
01-02-2016, 07:01 PM

A lot of our wins this year were decided by our defense which is fine for us this year. You could argue Brock would've done a better job than Peyton,, but the fact remains we won several of our games because of our defensive turn overs. You can't rely on that every game. I'm not sure who is returning next year and who isn't. But based on the teams we'll be playing next year, I see almost every game being a battle. Every game we've played with Brock has been a close game aside from the SD game. I think that's the way it's going to be going forward.

I'm just keeping my level of expectations at a mediocre level.

tripp
01-02-2016, 07:04 PM

Same, I've never really liked the NFC in general. I didn't mind the Bears because I liked watching Cutler, but the attraction for the bears is gone. I love the Bills, and the AFC in general, better teams.

aberdien
01-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Dude go to the Saints game. I'm going to really try to and Davii is already there. Who cares if the Saints are shitty, you will have a fun time there.

I don't think I will be able to afford a trip to NO. Home games are a 6 hour drive from me which is doable.

Dapper Dan
01-02-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm going to try and make it to NO.

How do we know which ones are home and away?

aberdien
01-02-2016, 07:56 PM
I used this in hopes that it was correct:

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-16/2016-denver-broncos-football-schedule.php

2016 Denver Broncos Opponents
Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC East*
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC North*

Dapper Dan
01-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC East*
Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC North*

Dude. That would be AWESOME!!! The Titans and Bengals are both only 3 hours away. I'd be so stoked.

aberdien
01-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Go see a Bengals game with King.

Dapper Dan
01-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Go see a Bengals game with King.

He never wants to go. I've seen Denver play in Cincy twice. I'd love to be able to go to multiple games. It's looking good.

BroncoWave
01-02-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm going to homecoming at Tulane this fall, and am hoping by some divine miracle the Broncos game falls the same weekend. If not I will have to make two trips to New Orleans in the fall (I know, my life is hard), which hopefully will be in the cards for me financially.

tomjonesrocks
01-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Glad to see the Texans on there. Have a standing agreement with a friend to fly out to that one to attend whether in Denver or Houston.

Will be fun either way but who can I bribe to make that a home game?

CrazyHorse
01-02-2016, 09:14 PM

Looks like we play the better teams at home and the crappy teams on the road.

Simple Jaded
01-02-2016, 11:29 PM
The Broncos should buy land in NE and just spend the week there.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2016, 09:34 PM
DENVER -- The Denver Broncos' 27-20 win Sunday put them in first in the AFC West and helped finalize their 2016 home and away opponents. The dates of each game will be determined in April when the full regular season schedule is released.

Home opponents (*playoff team): New England Patriots*, Houston Texans*, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers*, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs*.

Away opponents (*playoff team): Cincinnati Bengals*, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/17562/2016-denver-broncos-home-and-away-opponents-determined

BroncoWave
01-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Remember all the #hottakes about some NFL conspiracy to make us play in New England every year? Now we are hosting them two years in a row. As people said at the times of those discussions, this shit all evens out over the long run.

Lancane
01-05-2016, 12:11 AM
The Broncos should buy land in NE and just spend the week there.

Completely agree Jaded, that seems to be the one constant on our schedule outside the AFCW.

Canmore
01-05-2016, 02:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, 2015 is alive and well. Right now, why do we care?

TXBRONC
01-05-2016, 09:47 AM

Why do you think that is a good goal because it's a rather huge lowering of the bar?

Dapper Dan
01-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Just out of curiosity, 2015 is alive and well. Right now, why do we care?

I care because I live 20 hours from Denver and it looks like I'll be able to go to 2 games in 2016.

SR
01-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Denver plays in New Orleans. I smell a Davii/SR man date.

tomjonesrocks
01-06-2016, 02:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/17562/2016-denver-broncos-home-and-away-opponents-determined

Cool. I'll be at that Texans home game barring some really unforseen expenses.