PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Holly Holm: MMA Fighter and Broncos fan

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2016, 05:51 PM
MMA fighter Holly Holm has been a Broncos fan for as long as she can remember and even was present at John Elway's final regular-season game at Mile High in 1998. Check out who her favorite Bronco is, what she does to get amped before a fight and which Bronco could do damage in the octagon.

When did you become a fan of the Broncos?
“My parents were always fans of the Broncos, so I just kind of grew up watching them. I guess in middle school [or] high school, I started paying attention a little more and in high school, my mom actually, every year she would want to take one of — I have two brothers — and every year she would take a trip with one of us, so she had taken my brother up to Wyoming and then she took my other brother, I’m not actually sure where, and then we went up to a Broncos game, and it was actually John Elway’s last regular season game before they won their back-to-back Super Bowls. That was a cool game to be at and I’ve followed them ever since.”

What do you remember from that game?
“I remember there was pretty much a wave going, and this was at the old stadium. There was a wave going around the stadium pretty much the entire game and I kept thinking, Are people really going to keep this up? I think there were some records broken in that game. Terrell Davis was playing and I think he had some records that year.”

AND

I know you’re coming to the game on Sunday — anything you’re looking forward to seeing?
“Seeing a game in person, the energy is just awesome. Every year we try to at least make it to one Broncos game. Last year we went with a couple friends. It was pretty chilly when we went … It may have been against the Chargers.

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/QA-with-Holly-Holm-MMA-Fighter-and-Broncos-fan/f809a9dd-a0f4-4be1-9c35-dae1900a8d66

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-02-2016, 06:52 PM
AND

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/QA-with-Holly-Holm-MMA-Fighter-and-Broncos-fan/f809a9dd-a0f4-4be1-9c35-dae1900a8d66

That's really cool. I hope the team invites her down to the sideline. I really like Holly home. She seems like a really neat lady