PDA

View Full Version : Bronco defense could make history with big finish

Northman
01-01-2016, 03:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/17493/broncos-defense-could-make-some-history-with-a-big-finish

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos) have conducted their professional football business since 1960.

The franchise has been to seven Super Bowls and sold every seat in its various stadiums since 1970. And Sunday, every person in Sports Authority Field at Mile High has a chance to see a little bit of history in living color.

After the previous 55 seasons of football, the Broncos have never, as in ever, not once, finished as the league’s No. 1 defense (fewest yards allowed per game) or No. 1 scoring defense. And the Broncos enter the regular-season finale against the San Diego Chargers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/sd/san-diego-chargers) No. 1 in total defense and No. 4 in scoring defense -- at 18.4 points allowed per game, with Cincinnati at No. 1 at 17.5 points allowed per game.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2016, 03:43 PM
I bet a guy in my fantasy league during the fantasy draft. He said the Broncos wouldn't finish in top 10 in defense, so I bet him 5 bucks they would IF he doubled it when they finished in top 5. I then won the fantasy league, and can't wait to collect for BOTH. Whoot whoot!

Foochacho
01-01-2016, 04:54 PM
I bet a guy in my fantasy league during the fantasy draft. He said the Broncos wouldn't finish in top 10 in defense, so I bet him 5 bucks they would IF he doubled it when they finished in top 5. I then won the fantasy league, and can't wait to collect for BOTH. Whoot whoot!

I drafted the broncos defense and some people in the league thought I reached or didn't have to draft them at all. They won me alot of games. Especially at the beginning of the year when they were healthy. At one point I think thry were averaging almost twice as many points as the next closest defense. I'm sure alot of us broncos fans new they would be special this year with an aggressive coach like wade.

Ravage!!!
01-01-2016, 05:57 PM
I drafted the broncos defense and some people in the league thought I reached or didn't have to draft them at all. They won me alot of games. Especially at the beginning of the year when they were healthy. At one point I think thry were averaging almost twice as many points as the next closest defense. I'm sure alot of us broncos fans new they would be special this year with an aggressive coach like wade.

yeah.. the first 6 weeks I was getting over 20+ points a week from the defense! :lol: Wish they had stayed like that, but I did keep them all season long. That's pretty rare for a defense.

Jsteve01
01-01-2016, 08:02 PM

yeah.. the first 6 weeks I was getting over 20+ points a week from the defense! :lol: Wish they had stayed like that, but I did keep them all season long. That's pretty rare for a defense. ware getting hurt hurt them in fantasy as well. Not nearly as my turnovers

Simple Jaded
01-04-2016, 12:11 AM
I wonder if taking out Pick Six's would move the Broncos up the scoring rankings.

NightTerror218
01-04-2016, 12:54 AM
ware getting hurt hurt them in fantasy as well. Not nearly as my turnovers

T
I hope we see a little more of that because TO will matter a lot in playoffs.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2016, 05:00 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos defense has dealt with suspensions, injuries and worked through a variety of lineups.

It has faced Joe Flacco, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers (twice) and Ben Roethlisberger. And when the regular season drew to a close Sunday evening, the Broncos had played seven games against teams in this year’s playoff field and the team’s defense still did something it had never done before in the franchise’s history.

It finished No. 1 in total defense, allowing a league-low 283.1 yards per game, and was just one of two teams in the league -- the Seattle Seahawks were the other -- that didn’t allow an average of at least 300 yards per game this season. In all, the Broncos were No. 1 in total defense, sacks (52) and pass defense (199.6 yards allowed per game) while they also finished No. 3 in run defense and No. 4 in scoring defense.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/17577/gary-kubiak-what-broncos-defense-has-done-so-far-this-season-is-special