PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall named recipient of Darrent Williams Good Guy Award

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2016, 11:37 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Denver Broncos inside linebacker Brandon Marshall on Friday will be presented with the ninth-annual Darrent Williams Good Guy Award, as selected by the team’s local media.

The award was created in memory of former Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, who passed away on Jan. 1, 2007, after completing his second season with the team. The award is given annually to the Bronco who best exemplifies Williams’ enthusiasm, cooperation and honesty while dealing with members of the press.

“Brandon was named for his candor, his reliability as well as the way he conducted himself in the daily interactions between those who cover the team and the coaches, players and team officials with the team,” said Jeff Legwold, president of the Pro Football Writers of America and Broncos beat writer for ESPN.com. “Marshall was consistently lauded for the respect he showed to both those in the media as well as to the process of day-to-day coverage of the Broncos. He is a more than worthy winner of the Darrent Williams Good Guy Award.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brandon-Marshall-named-recipient-of-Darrent-Williams-Good-Guy-Award/d0b61b27-4bc0-4746-9477-28a2096fc7be

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m

#broncos Brandon Marshall receives Good Guy Award "My mom raised me the right way."

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Good for him. He should have also made the pro bowl team.

GEM
01-01-2016, 11:10 PM
I just hope he's back to form for the playoffs.. he's intregal to this defense.