PDA

View Full Version : Scofield has to go

Drpj
12-31-2015, 05:43 PM
Michael Scofield has demonstrated he is too weak to be an offensive guard. Everyone knows they can run over him. Yet the coaches keep playing him. A championship passing or running game depend on a strong offensive line who can adjust to each offensive play called without endangering the success of the play

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2015, 05:49 PM
Who would you suggest replacing him with?

SR
12-31-2015, 06:20 PM
Who would you suggest replacing him with?

No one now because the playoffs are around the corner but a few weeks ago several of us agreed that moving Vasquez to RT and starting Max Garcia at RG would've been a better alternative. But of course now Garcia is in Mathis's spot at LG.

Timmy!
12-31-2015, 06:27 PM
1. He's a tackle, not a guard.
2. We have nobody to replace him with. I'd attach 85 to his hip permanently, it's all we can really do.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2015, 06:30 PM
Who even expected him to be good? We've had some really nice picks under Elway, but man have we had some stinkers too. Schofield, Latimer, Kayvon Webster were all really horrible picks at the time and are just as bad in hindsight.

Oh well, happens to every team. Still frustrating, especially with Latimer and Webster because they were picked soooo much higher than they were projected to be.

NightTerror218
12-31-2015, 07:20 PM
No one now because the playoffs are around the corner but a few weeks ago several of us agreed that moving Vasquez to RT and starting Max Garcia at RG would've been a better alternative. But of course now Garcia is in Mathis's spot at LG.

That would have killed the OL because Kubiak's system is about running game and Vasquez is a good run blocker again G. He was not a great OT, we'll he was bad but he is a better then average G. So since the OT are weak move vasquez to OT and have 3 weak positions. Not a good move.

NightTerror218
12-31-2015, 07:21 PM
Who even expected him to be good? We've had some really nice picks under Elway, but man have we had some stinkers too. Schofield, Latimer, Kayvon Webster were all really horrible picks at the time and are just as bad in hindsight.

Oh well, happens to every team. Still frustrating, especially with Latimer and Webster because they were picked soooo much higher than they were projected to be.

Webster has co.e around during to be a pretty good ST player. May even challenge Bruton for ST ace. And he is is a decent coverage guy.

Schofield sucks and Latimer can't even find the field.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2015, 08:07 PM
Webster has co.e around during to be a pretty good ST player. May even challenge Bruton for ST ace. And he is is a decent coverage guy.

Schofield sucks and Latimer can't even find the field.

If a 3rd round pick is just a special teamer that's not a good pick though. If we took Webster in the 5th round which is where he was graded, then it would be solid.

Simple Jaded
12-31-2015, 08:11 PM
Who even expected him to be good?

:hi:

:D

SR
12-31-2015, 08:42 PM
That would have killed the OL because Kubiak's system is about running game and Vasquez is a good run blocker again G. He was not a great OT, we'll he was bad but he is a better then average G. So since the OT are weak move vasquez to OT and have 3 weak positions. Not a good move.

Is he better at tackle than what Denver currently have? Yes. Did he play tackle when Denver was in a bind previously? Yes.

NightTerror218
12-31-2015, 09:37 PM
Is he better at tackle than what Denver currently have? Yes. Did he play tackle when Denver was in a bind previously? Yes.

Will there be a hole at G yes.

Put Chris Harris at safety. So many injuries there right now might as well move a good player at a position to another position that is not his true position. And Roby can be the other side.

Exact same thing.

wayninja
01-01-2016, 01:24 AM
This comes up a lot. What Carol said.

Poet
01-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Is he even going to be on the roster next year?

Ziggy
01-01-2016, 03:16 AM

You're calling Webster a bad pick? He's a third rounder who plays behind two pro bowlers and a first round pick who could start for most teams. Calling Kayvon a bad pick because he plays behind those guys is a bit ridiculous.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-01-2016, 03:40 AM
Is he even going to be on the roster next year?

Yes, as the 3rd wide receiver. ..or are we talking about Schofield?

Poet
01-01-2016, 03:50 AM
Yes, as the 3rd wide receiver. ..or are we talking about Schofield?

Schofield is your new WR. Al hit us with that breaking news! ;)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-01-2016, 03:54 AM
Schofield is your new WR. Al hit us with that breaking news! ;)

We're looking to improve down field blocking.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Is Tyler Polumbus hurt? We signed him before Sambrailo was IR'd. He has starting experience and, even though he's below average, is much better than Schofield. I don't understand why we continue to play Schofield when he's this bad. Are we just being stubborn with a draft pick?

I've only ever seen one other starting tackle as bad as Schofield. I think his name was St Claire and he played for the Rams in the early 2000's. I watched a game where they played the Bucs and the Bucs Dline was rotating who got to line up at LE because they knew they could get a sack. Rice, Sapp, and McFarland just kept swapping out and beating the guy. It was like a "run up our sack numbers" game.

That's what I think of when I see Schofield out there. It's just ridiculous. Polumbus is better.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Michael Scofield has demonstrated he is too weak to be an offensive guard. Everyone knows they can run over him. Yet the coaches keep playing him. A championship passing or running game depend on a strong offensive line who can adjust to each offensive play called without endangering the success of the play

While you're not going to get much if any argument from anyone that Schofield shouldn't be out there but Denver has no one to replace him with. Btw Schofield is playing tackle not guard.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Is Tyler Polumbus hurt? We signed him before Sambrailo was IR'd. He has starting experience and, even though he's below average, is much better than Schofield. I don't understand why we continue to play Schofield when he's this bad. Are we just being stubborn with a draft pick?

I've only ever seen one other starting tackle as bad as Schofield. I think his name was St Claire and he played for the Rams in the early 2000's. I watched a game where they played the Bucs and the Bucs Dline was rotating who got to line up at LE because they knew they could get a sack. Rice, Sapp, and McFarland just kept swapping out and beating the guy. It was like a "run up our sack numbers" game.

That's what I think of when I see Schofield out there. It's just ridiculous. Polumbus is better.

Polumbus has been rotating in with Schofield.

SR
01-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Will there be a hole at G yes. Put Chris Harris at safety. So many injuries there right now might as well move a good player at a position to another position that is not his true position. And Roby can be the other side. Exact same thing.

As I said, it wouldn't work now because Evan Mathis shit the bed and Garcia is starting at LG. And no, it's not the same thing.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Polumbus has been rotating in with Schofield.

That's what I thought, but obviously Schofield is getting the vast majority of the snaps. I'm wondering why that is when it's obvious that he's the worst Olineman on the roster.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 01:24 PM
That's what I thought, but obviously Schofield is getting the vast majority of the snaps. I'm wondering why that is when it's obvious that he's the worst Olineman on the roster.

Has Polumbus ever played of Kubiak before? He also still relatively new to the team and that's a lot terminology to get down.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Has Polumbus ever played of Kubiak before? He also still relatively new to the team and that's a lot terminology to get down.

If it wasn't for Shanahan's ZBS he'd have been out of the NFL from the beginning.

Dzone
01-01-2016, 02:00 PM
I know girls with bigger biceps than Schofield

NightTerror218
01-01-2016, 02:07 PM
As I said, it wouldn't work now because Evan Mathis shit the bed and Garcia is starting at LG. And no, it's not the same thing.

It's exactly the same. Take a guy who has pro bowl potential in a position and move him to non natural position that does not suit him.

Leave Vasquez because he is solid there. Same as you leave Harris because he is solid there even if we have no safties left who are healthy.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 02:32 PM
I know girls with bigger biceps than Schofield

Schofield knows girls with bigger biceps than himself.

Valar Morghulis
01-01-2016, 03:12 PM
I Schofield knows girls with bigger biceps.

are you saying you are Schofield - and in caveman language?

SR
01-01-2016, 05:56 PM
It's exactly the same. Take a guy who has pro bowl potential in a position and move him to non natural position that does not suit him. Leave Vasquez because he is solid there. Same as you leave Harris because he is solid there even if we have no safties left who are healthy.

Who has pro bowl potential?

NightTerror218
01-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Who has pro bowl potential?

Vasquez is a pro bowl G and a average RT at best.

SR
01-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Vasquez is a pro bowl G and a average RT at best.

Obviously it won't work now because of Garcia playing LG. I've said that twice now. Understand that.

But if you have a substantially weak spot so where you've got a chance to move someone around to ensure you have all of your best players on the field, you do it. That's what John Fox did and that's what Kubiak is doing. That's why Mathis is on the bench. I would, if this wasn't week 17, try Mathis at RG and Louie at RT.

Valar Morghulis
01-01-2016, 06:32 PM
That's why Mathis is on the bench. I would, if this wasn't week 17, try Mathis at RG and Louie at RT.

I would try it anyway.

SR
01-01-2016, 06:51 PM
I would try it anyway.

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't like making roster moves this late unless it's due to injury or necessity. Mathis was pretty bad, but RG is typically "easier" than LG because the QB is right handed so it could be worth a shot. I don't know. I do know that I would rather have Chris Clarke at RT than anyone on the current roster, so take that for what it's worth.

NightTerror218
01-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Obviously it won't work now because of Garcia playing LG. I've said that twice now. Understand that.

But if you have a substantially weak spot so where you've got a chance to move someone around to ensure you have all of your best players on the field, you do it. That's what John Fox did and that's what Kubiak is doing. That's why Mathis is on the bench. I would, if this wasn't week 17, try Mathis at RG and Louie at RT.

I think the middle will be a hot mess and RT will still be weak. Right now the middle is holding up.

SR
01-01-2016, 09:07 PM
I think the middle will be a hot mess and RT will still be weak. Right now the middle is holding up.

Paradis is the center and will be for a long time. He is SOLID and doesn't get hardly any recognition. Clady won't be back. Sambrailo will be back. Louie is a free agent I believe. Who the **** will the offensive linemen be next year??

NightTerror218
01-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Paradis is the center and will be for a long time. He is SOLID and doesn't get hardly any recognition. Clady won't be back. Sambrailo will be back. Louie is a free agent I believe. Who the **** will the offensive linemen be next year??

Clady is under contract and no signs of him being cut since we have no solid replacement, Louis I believe still under contract for 1 more year, Paradis, Max, and Sambrailo. Exactly how I thought would be our line last year.

Edit: confirmed 1 more year of Loius.

SR
01-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Clady is under contract and no signs of him being cut since we have no solid replacement, Louis I believe still under contract for 1 more year, Paradis, Max, and Sambrailo. Exactly how I thought would be our line last year. Edit: confirmed 1 more year of Loius.

No way Denver keeps Clady at his current price tag and I don't see him negotiating to take less and stay in Denver.

So next year:
Sambrailo
Garcia
Paradis
Louie
???

NightTerror218
01-01-2016, 10:12 PM
No way Denver keeps Clady at his current price tag and I don't see him negotiating to take less and stay in Denver.

So next year:
Sambrailo
Garcia
Paradis
Louie
???

Speculation on clady. I do expect a high draft pick. One to replace Clady or louis after next year. Clady was in pro bowl last year. You don't cut starting LT that unless you already have replacement.

You think Sambrailo is long term LT?

Davii
01-01-2016, 11:22 PM

A lineman not receiving recognition is almost proof the man is solid. Linemen receive recognition for being beasts or being horrific.

Simple Jaded
01-02-2016, 01:18 AM
How many A-gap sacks and TFL's does Paradis have to give up to considered anything but solid? Paradis sucks, he's lucky Schofield is there to draw the ire.

Jsteve01
01-02-2016, 02:59 AM
How many A-gap sacks and TFL's does Paradis have to give up to considered anything but solid? Paradis sucks, he's lucky Schofield is there to draw the ire. remember that time before the season when you and I were talking about the lack of focus on the offensive line?

Simple Jaded
01-02-2016, 03:20 AM
remember that time before the season when you and I were talking about the lack of focus on the offensive line?

What specifically? If I was wrong about something you're gonna have to narrow it down for me.

SR
01-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Speculation on clady. I do expect a high draft pick. One to replace Clady or louis after next year. Clady was in pro bowl last year. You don't cut starting LT that unless you already have replacement. You think Sambrailo is long term LT?

No speculation on Clady at all. I think it's obvious Denver will not keep him at his current price. If he isn't willing to renegotiate his contract then he's gone.

And no, I don't think Sambrailo is the long term left tackle. I'm only going off what's on the roster now. IMO, if Cleveland wanted Shaq Barrett as part of the Joe Thomas deal, they should've given him to Cleveland.

Jsteve01
01-02-2016, 10:22 AM
remember that time before the season when you and I were talking about the lack of focus on the offensive line?

What specifically? If I was wrong about something you're gonna have to narrow it down for me. No it was rather tongue in cheek because you and I have been saying for 2 years that we can't continue the Shanahan theme of trying to draft late round scrubs and turn them into All Pro offensive lineman.

It happened once with Tom Nalen. then all the sudden we figured that was the model . same thing with Terrell Davis and Shanahan

TXBRONC
01-02-2016, 10:30 AM
are you saying you are Schofield - and in caveman language?

I fixed it and no I'm not Schofield.

Simple Jaded
01-02-2016, 12:39 PM
No it was rather tongue in cheek because you and I have been saying for 2 years that we can't continue the Shanahan theme of trying to draft late round scrubs and turn them into All Pro offensive lineman.

It happened once with Tom Nalen. then all the sudden we figured that was the model . same thing with Terrell Davis and Shanahan
Oh yeah, my favorite was how they'd take an undrafted TE, add 20lbs and make him a LT or a late round C, drop 20lbs and make him a G.

Ya know, instead of just drafting a LT or G?

Hopefully this season has burned Kubiak and Elway to the point where the OL up the priority list where it stays.