PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak Needs to Adapt

WARHORSE
12-29-2015, 03:47 PM
I like Kubiak and a huge part of that is because I know he has orange blood. The man is a fan of the Denver Broncos. I was exceptionally excited when the announcement to hire him was made for reasons we all know. Aside from the Xs and Os, Kubiak is a Bronco lifer.

With that being said, I think Kubiak himself would step out of his own way if he knew that he was the one holding back the organization. A mental midget and egomaniac would chaff at the thought of it, but Kubiak is not that selfish. He wants the Broncos to win championships. He loves this place. And we all love him too.

But lets talk gridiron.

At the end of the season, most head coaches make assessments of personnel. They look at and weigh the job each man has done, what his strengths are, his weaknesses, his productivity, his value. The head coach looks for ways to get better. And a good head coach is going to assess himself as well, by asking unbiased men to give their perspective on his work. But for Kubiak and the good of the Broncos, I think Kubes needs to make that assessment now, and adapt or cost us the season. Any team with this defense has a shot at the Superbowl title. We have a very real shot at winning it all. He has to know that. We just need to put it together at the right time.

Now.

Kubiak was a great offensive coordinator. Remember this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1631333

Shanahan gets the credit and for sure he had something to do with it. But I remember Kubes talking about coming up with that wishbone play that sent Portis running 65 yards down the field untouched. Forgive me for mentioning the name McDaniels. As a headcoach he wasnt up to the task. As an offensive coordinator, he thrives with innovation. Kubiak used to do the same thing.

Kubiak needs to let this quarterback and team play to its strengths while coming up with innovative ways to throw opposing teams off their gameplans. Let the testimony of the Bengals be your proof as to what hindered their defense and offense in the second half. The Broncos were doing what they dont do.

The zone blocking is what we do best in the run game. The hurry up is what we do best in the passing game. The defense can play LIGHTS OUT when it gets lathered, and honestly, I think the biggest threat to the confidence of our defense has nothing to do with any opponent. It has to do with our offense and how their playing. If the offense is biting and scratching for a win, if DT and Vernon Davis are straining for every inch vs dropping direly needed passes, this defense comes out on the field in a tear.

You need to be a designer Kubiak. A mad scientist. Yes.....an innovator. Step over Dennison if you have to. No one knows Dennison as a creative madman. He knows West Coast.

Do your job Kubes. Coach.

Adapt.

If you do, we will sing your name in the halls of Val-holla.

If you dont, sooner or later, in the voice of John Elway with the words of Donald Trump.........."________ _________!"

AgentOrange
12-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Well said, Warhorse.

There are two glaring areas in my mind that need to be fixed immediately. First, get Schofield help. It is so freaking obvious that this guy gets blown off his blocks week after week and critically endangers the play, and the QB, I can't believe they don't put a TE over there. It's a simple fix that can be done now.

Second, stop running Hillman between the tackles. Stop it. Now. Lead him to his strengths and bring him out in the second half when the opponents defense has lost a step. I realize there may be runs up the middle to keep their D honest, but stop using him that way in the first half. It's dumb.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2015, 04:29 PM
IMO, both the offense and defense did a great job of changing up in the 2nd half. It was stated after the game that starting the 2nd half, the Broncos came out running their 2 minute offense. Looked great to me. Also, Wade had to change up at halftime, as the defense played great in the 2nd half.

GEM
12-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Well said, Warhorse.

There are two glaring areas in my mind that need to be fixed immediately. First, get Schofield help. It is so freaking obvious that this guy gets blown off his blocks week after week and critically endangers the play, and the QB, I can't believe they don't put a TE over there. It's a simple fix that can be done now.

Second, stop running Hillman between the tackles. Stop it. Now. Lead him to his strengths and bring him out in the second half when the opponents defense has lost a step. I realize there may be runs up the middle to keep their D honest, but stop using him that way in the first half. It's dumb.

The Bengals were doing it over and over to the point they got called for 2 flags for eligible lineman. It's not like it's some new science, not sure why Kube won't pull that trigger and stick Green on Schofield like a pig on stink.

Dapper Dan
12-29-2015, 04:46 PM
I think he's doing pretty well.

Davii
12-29-2015, 04:46 PM
The Bengals were doing it over and over to the point they got called for 2 flags for eligible lineman. It's not like it's some new science, not sure why Kube won't pull that trigger and stick Green on Schofield like a pig on stink.

There were times he had help outside and he simply got beat inside. He's literally nothing more than some dude in a jersey. I could block better, and I truthfully don't believe I'm exaggerating. I might get called for something horrifically illegal, like rear naked chokes, throat punches, etc, but I'll be damned if I'm getting beat every play.

NightTerror218
12-29-2015, 05:03 PM
I will say this, I loved the switch to the hurry up. Great coaching decision. Still utilized bootlegs and zone read. But put the defense on its heels at Mile high. That was key, it gassed the Bengals D.

DenBronx
12-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Shanahan ran this system but also knew how to adapt on offense. Not talking defense here but the offense he usually always adapted and we always had a really good running game. Kubiak is like the poor mans Shanahan. If we were going to go back in time and try and relive the glory days then we should of just rehired Shanny. I believe our offense would have been way more creative. The knock on Shanny was never his offensive scheme but that he was a terrible GM and never paid attention to the defense. With Elway here I feel alot more comfortable in that retrospect.

Just not the biggest fan of Kubiak as a HC, although I do like him.

Ravage!!!
12-29-2015, 06:11 PM
I think he needs to ADOPT... like, adopt a son that is a better coach.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Yeah - it sucks to be 11-5 and have secured a playoff spot.

FIRE KUBIAK!!!!!

Idiots.

Ravage!!!
12-29-2015, 06:16 PM

FIRE KUBIAK!!!!!

Idiots.

Yeah.. I thought the same thing when posters were complaining about Fox.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Yeah.. I thought the same thing when posters were complaining about Fox.

Different feeling for Fox. Never liked him, but he did do some good here. Kubiak IS a BRONCO. He deserves time - at least as much as Fox got.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-29-2015, 06:22 PM
I think Kubiak has done well considering the qb play so far this year.
How many teams can say they are on the verge of a first round bye and their qb play has been below average?

BroncoJoe
12-29-2015, 06:24 PM
I think Kubiak has done well considering the qb play so far this year.
How many teams can say they are on the verge of a first round bye and their qb play has been below average?

Manning hasn't played for what, 5-6 weeks now?

Still leads the NFL in interceptions.

Dapper Dan
12-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Manning hasn't played for what, 5-6 weeks now?

Still leads the NFL in interceptions.

Only because Luck hasn't been playing either :lol:

BroncoJoe
12-29-2015, 06:26 PM
Only because Luck hasn't been playing either :lol:

Must be a Colt thing.

silkamilkamonico
12-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Don't even matter in preseason. It's all about the playoffs. He comes out and puts up a good showing we'll be headed in the right direction. Broncos get bounced in the first round in fashion similiar to the last couple of years there will be a whole lot of serious questions regarding him.

TXBRONC
12-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Don't even matter in preseason. It's all about the playoffs. He comes out and puts up a good showing we'll be headed in the right direction. Broncos get bounced in the first round in fashion similiar to the last couple of years there will be a whole lot of serious questions regarding him.

Only by certain members of the Broncos fan base and not a one of them has any stroke to get Kubiak fired.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2015, 09:44 PM
This OL struggles with the basics, I'm not sure how innovative they can get.

I was excited at the prospect of a Kubiak/Manning offense hybrid, theres nothing special about Kubiaks passing offense and Manning's offense chokes the life out of the running game. The problem is both dynamics take a lot of reps to fine tune, imo.

At this point, though, I think Kubiak is just left with running what little the OL is proficient at.

silkamilkamonico
12-30-2015, 12:40 AM
Only by certain members of the Broncos fan base and not a one of them has any stroke to get Kubiak fired.

Kubiak, in what he was supposed to bring to Denver this year, has been very underwhelming as a head coach in his stint so far. His "specialty" has been the one thing that has given this team questions going into the playoffs. John Elway wanted a head coach to come in and show some guts in crucial games. So far, Kubiak's team has done that in a couple games and completely pissed their pants in the others. It doesn't matter. Kubiak could have came in and ran off 13 wins and another AFC championship, and if he goes down in poor fashion in the playoffs people are thinking we have John Fox v 2.0.

It doesn't matter what has happened in the regular season. It doesn't matter that we're about to pass our AFC West dominance over to the Kansas City Chiefs on Kubiak's watch (gross), for this organization, right now, it only matters what happens in the playoffs.

silkamilkamonico
12-30-2015, 12:46 AM
I was excited at the prospect of a Kubiak/Manning offense hybrid, theres nothing special about Kubiaks passing offense and Manning's offense chokes the life out of the running game. The problem is both dynamics take a lot of reps to fine tune, imo.

Will be interesting to see if the game has passed his offensive system back, or if he can get a good one back when he gets his players. I throw up watching his garbage offense. We have the #1 defense in the NFL and we can't even beat out the f'n Chiefs for the AFC West title. But yes, there's always the playoffs.

ShaneFalco
12-30-2015, 01:07 AM
i disagree about zone blocking.

Both tds from cj were a toss and a counter.

Simple Jaded
12-30-2015, 01:19 AM
Will be interesting to see if the game has passed his offensive system back, or if he can get a good one back when he gets his players. I throw up watching his garbage offense. We have the #1 defense in the NFL and we can't even beat out the f'n Chiefs for the AFC West title. But yes, there's always the playoffs.

His offense has literally worked everywhere he goes, but yes, the game has passed it by beginning this season.

They need to throw more, I suppose, they only have a 70-30 pass to run ratio in their losses. They throw 70% of the time in those games, I'm thinking maybe *****-footing around the field like Richard ****ijg Simmons is the problem.

WARHORSE
12-30-2015, 06:33 AM

FIRE KUBIAK!!!!!

Bronco Joe is an Idiot.

Different feeling for Fox. Never liked him, but he did do some good here. Kubiak IS a BRONCO. He deserves time - at least as much as Fox got.

I said the same thing about him being a Bronco, and nobody said he didnt deserve time, I said sooner or later.

That being said, 11-4 or 12-4, when you have the number one defense in the league and lose a game to the Raiders that your DOMINATING in when homefield in the playoffs are at stake, you better believe your focus and coaching is going to be questioned at the end of the season if you dont win the superbowl.

If we lose to New England IN New England dont think thats not going to come up in Elways mind.

We should have home field locked up right now but we need New England to lose.

12-4 aint jack if you know you should be at least 15-1, 14-2 with homefield advantage in the playoffs.

Elway isnt dumb. That raider loss was right on Kubiak. Thats one. Kubiak blamed himself for not benching Manning sooner when he was clearly showing the injury that we now know he had from the beginning was hampering his play. Indy and Kansas city at home were games we should have won.

As I stated before, NO WAY Belicheat loses that Raider game with everything that was at stake. He would have coached them to a win.

Kubiak watched from the sideline as Mack destroyed the one on ones in front of him and our players were dropping passes that hit them in the numbers.

The most penalized defense in the league for most the season......still top two I think. All the dropped passes.....these are focus issues and reflective of the coach when it happens over and over again.

In my opinion, idiot that I am, when you have the number one defense in the league and all the offensive talent we do, its the coaches job to get the offense to give enough to win.

I believe in Kubiak and hope he can help us get more creative while at the same time being able to rely on what we do best series by series.

I love Kubiak.....but that doesnt excuse him if we lose games we're not supposed to when hes the head coach.

spikerman
12-30-2015, 06:39 AM
I will say this, I loved the switch to the hurry up. Great coaching decision. Still utilized bootlegs and zone read. But put the defense on its heels at Mile high. That was key, it gassed the Bengals D.

I liked it too. I just wish he would've stuck with it.

Dapper Dan
12-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Oz plays well during Tebow time.

TXBRONC
12-30-2015, 08:36 AM
Kubiak, in what he was supposed to bring to Denver this year, has been very underwhelming as a head coach in his stint so far. His "specialty" has been the one thing that has given this team questions going into the playoffs. John Elway wanted a head coach to come in and show some guts in crucial games. So far, Kubiak's team has done that in a couple games and completely pissed their pants in the others. It doesn't matter. Kubiak could have came in and ran off 13 wins and another AFC championship, and if he goes down in poor fashion in the playoffs people are thinking we have John Fox v 2.0.

It doesn't matter what has happened in the regular season. It doesn't matter that we're about to pass our AFC West dominance over to the Kansas City Chiefs on Kubiak's watch (gross), for this organization, right now, it only matters what happens in the playoffs.

Yeah 11-4 is underwhelming. I'll hold off trying tell everyone what Elway is thinking.

DenBronx
12-30-2015, 08:55 AM
Idgaf about 11-4, we lost 2-3 very winnable games this year and 1 of them was to the raiders. That is unforgivable. Lose to the Steelers and Chiefs? Fine, those are 2 of the hottest teams in the AFC right now. Lose to the shitty ass Colts and raiders? Aww hell no.

I said it on here before Kubiak was hired that I didn't get the hype train and why we would dismantle a team on the verge. I mean what's so special about his coaching abilities? Please explain what he does so well.

Northman
12-30-2015, 09:11 AM
I said the same thing about him being a Bronco, and nobody said he didnt deserve time, I said sooner or later.

That being said, 11-4 or 12-4, when you have the number one defense in the league and lose a game to the Raiders that your DOMINATING in when homefield in the playoffs are at stake, you better believe your focus and coaching is going to be questioned at the end of the season if you dont win the superbowl.

If we lose to New England IN New England dont think thats not going to come up in Elways mind.

We should have home field locked up right now but we need New England to lose.

12-4 aint jack if you know you should be at least 15-1, 14-2 with homefield advantage in the playoffs.

Elway isnt dumb. That raider loss was right on Kubiak. Thats one. Kubiak blamed himself for not benching Manning sooner when he was clearly showing the injury that we now know he had from the beginning was hampering his play. Indy and Kansas city at home were games we should have won.

As I stated before, NO WAY Belicheat loses that Raider game with everything that was at stake. He would have coached them to a win.

Kubiak watched from the sideline as Mack destroyed the one on ones in front of him and our players were dropping passes that hit them in the numbers.

The most penalized defense in the league for most the season......still top two I think. All the dropped passes.....these are focus issues and reflective of the coach when it happens over and over again.

In my opinion, idiot that I am, when you have the number one defense in the league and all the offensive talent we do, its the coaches job to get the offense to give enough to win.

I believe in Kubiak and hope he can help us get more creative while at the same time being able to rely on what we do best series by series.

I love Kubiak.....but that doesnt excuse him if we lose games we're not supposed to when hes the head coach.

12-4 or 15-1 is irrelevant. The Pats went undefeated before losing to the Giants in the SB so record going into the playoffs really means diddly squat. Its what you do in the postseason that matters and thats really where Kubiak will be graded in the long run. If Denver goes 12-4 and beats NE in NE on their way to a championship nobody is going to care that they didnt win homefield advantage. Its all about playing your best at the right time and getting the job done when it really matters.

TXBRONC
12-30-2015, 09:17 AM
Idgaf about 11-4, we lost 2-3 very winnable games this year and 1 of them was to the raiders. That is unforgivable. Lose to the Steelers and Chiefs? Fine, those are 2 of the hottest teams in the AFC right now. Lose to the shitty ass Colts and raiders? Aww hell no.

I said it on here before Kubiak was hired that I didn't get the hype train and why we would dismantle a team on the verge. I mean what's so special about his coaching abilities? Please explain what he does so well.

A team on the verge of what? Another one and done in the playoffs with Manning at the helm? So what Denver lost a couple of games that the could have possibly won that happens every freaking year to good teams. So I don't buy into that criticism for a minute. Given the injuries and the errors made by Elway not by Kubiak this team is in a pretty good position going into the playoffs.

Dreadnought
12-30-2015, 10:05 AM
A team on the verge of what? Another one and done in the playoffs with Manning at the helm? So what Denver lost a couple of games that the could have possibly won that can happens every freaking year to good teams. So I don't buy into that criticism for a minute. Given the injuries and the errors made by Elway not by Kubiak this team is in a pretty good position going into the playoffs.

I'm with you here. Frankly, I think the 2015 Broncos are a very good team, but I would be shocked to see them a serious SB contender, for three reasons.

A) Our offensive line is not Championship caliber. I love the idea of a run heavy ZBS, and think it will be a big upgrade in the long run, but these stiffs we have now aren't good enough to pull it off. They also aren't good enough to operate a 3 WR pass oriented shotgun spread system either, so that's not an answer. That's on Elway, not Kubiak.

B) I love Osweiler, but I suspect he needs a year or two of seasoning and playoff experience, even losing. He'll get that, and maybe even a win or two.

C) I am a huge CJ Anderson fan, but he has only been intermittently healthy all year and I'm not sure about his status now. I don't think Hillman is a legit starting RB. I like his skill set and work ethic, but he can't be the main guy.

I think we have the potential to be the best team in the NFL...in 2016. Not this year. Its been a good year, but won't be a SB year IMO.

NightTerror218
12-30-2015, 10:14 AM

Pats lost to eagles.....just saying

TXBRONC
12-30-2015, 10:45 AM
I'm with you here. Frankly, I think the 2015 Broncos are a very good team, but I would be shocked to see them a serious SB contender, for three reasons.

A) Our offensive line is not Championship caliber. I love the idea of a run heavy ZBS, and think it will be a big upgrade in the long run, but these stiffs we have now aren't good enough to pull it off. They also aren't good enough to operate a 3 WR pass oriented shotgun spread system either, so that's not an answer. That's on Elway, not Kubiak.

B) I love Osweiler, but I suspect he needs a year or two of seasoning and playoff experience, even losing. He'll get that, and maybe even a win or two.

C) I am a huge CJ Anderson fan, but he has only been intermittently healthy all year and I'm not sure about his status now. I don't think Hillman is a legit starting RB. I like his skill set and work ethic, but he can't be the main guy.

I think we have the potential to be the best team in the NFL...in 2016. Not this year. Its been a good year, but won't be a SB year IMO.

I like both Hillman and Anderson both but I don't think either one of them can be the guy who 70% or more of the carries over the course of season. Hillman because I think he'll wear down and Anderson because just can't seem to stay healthy. If Anderson could stay healthy then I think he could be that kind of a workhorse.

Given how bad the offensive line this team this team is doing very well. A win on Sunday means the Broncos will either be the number one or the number two seed depending on what happens with ****Patsies.

I think Osweiler has done very well given the circumstances and maybe it's the orange tinted glasses but it seems to me that he's getting better. The decision making is getting quicker. On Monday there were at least two or three occasions where I saw Osweiler avoid pressure and then deliver the ball.

TXBRONC
12-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Pats lost to eagles.....just saying

Thank you NT. Yep and the Eagles just shit canned their head coach because the team is raging dumpster fire.

silkamilkamonico
12-30-2015, 08:51 PM
Yeah 11-4 is underwhelming. I'll hold off trying tell everyone what Elway is thinking.

11-4 is status quo for this team. I'm pretty sure John Elway didn't fire John Fox who averaged almost 12 wins a year to hire Gary Kubiak to come in and go 11-4. Playoffs are where he'll be measured. Like I have already said, it doesn't matter what happens in the regular season.

silkamilkamonico
12-30-2015, 08:54 PM
Pat's can go ahead and lose to the Browns, when you win 4 SuperBowls in 14 years, and possibly 5 SuperBowls in 15 years, you can go ahead and lose to a dumpster organization. Like I'm saying, playoffs are what matters for organizations like Broncos and Patrios. Nobody gives a flying f--- about going 11-4. Whooptie f'n do. John Elway fires coaches for going 11-4.

WARHORSE
12-31-2015, 12:07 AM
12-4 or 15-1 is irrelevant. The Pats went undefeated before losing to the Giants in the SB so record going into the playoffs really means diddly squat. Its what you do in the postseason that matters and thats really where Kubiak will be graded in the long run. If Denver goes 12-4 and beats NE in NE on their way to a championship nobody is going to care that they didnt win homefield advantage. Its all about playing your best at the right time and getting the job done when it really matters.

Agreed. It doesnt moot the point. If we have the ability to win home field advantage, then we want it. Not only for the gate, but it gives us an advantage we want going in, because we want every advantage going in.

In the end, if we win, we all sing and it wont matter any more than it did in our 'road to revenge' tour in the '97 playoffs.

Simple Jaded
12-31-2015, 12:37 AM

What did they dismantle? Its not like they traded a Lesean McCoy for a backup LB, what did they dismantle?

TXBRONC
12-31-2015, 11:13 AM
11-4 is status quo for this team. I'm pretty sure John Elway didn't fire John Fox who averaged almost 12 wins a year to hire Gary Kubiak to come in and go 11-4. Playoffs are where he'll be measured. Like I have already said, it doesn't matter what happens in the regular season.

When you actually sit in meeting with Elway to evaluate coaching. Well duh of coarse he'll be measured by what success he has. However if you think that Kukiak will be on the hot seat then you're being willfully ignorant.

TXBRONC
12-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Pat's can go ahead and lose to the Browns, when you win 4 SuperBowls in 14 years, and possibly 5 SuperBowls in 15 years, you can go ahead and lose to a dumpster organization. Like I'm saying, playoffs are what matters for organizations like Broncos and Patrios. Nobody gives a flying f--- about going 11-4. Whooptie f'n do. John Elway fires coaches for going 11-4.

Elway has never fired a coach for 11-4.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-31-2015, 12:24 PM

You are comparing apples and oranges. Fox had Manning at qb playing at an elite level.

Valar Morghulis
12-31-2015, 12:34 PM

Yeah it would be crazy, to sack a coach with one game in the regular season left and a record that likely means they have qualified for the play offs.

silkamilkamonico
12-31-2015, 01:07 PM
When you actually sit in meeting with Elway to evaluate coaching. Well duh of coarse he'll be measured by what success he has. However if you think that Kukiak will be on the hot seat then you're being willfully ignorant.

Who said anything about the hot seat? Kubiak will have a couple years at least to install his players. But again, this is about the playoffs, and if you don't understand that you haven't been paying attention to what happened to John Fox.

silkamilkamonico
12-31-2015, 01:07 PM

No - just for 12-4. And 13-3. That's why it's ridiculous for anyone to insinuate that Kubiack is going to be fired this year.

silkamilkamonico
12-31-2015, 01:08 PM
You are comparing apples and oranges. Fox had Manning at qb playing at an elite level.

Fox won a playoff game with Tim Tebow. Tim f'n Tebow. In his first year no less.

TXBRONC
12-31-2015, 02:04 PM
Who said anything about the hot seat? Kubiak will have a couple years at least to install his players. But again, this is about the playoffs, and if you don't understand that you haven't been paying attention to what happened to John Fox.

You did. You made it clear that he would be on the hot seat one way other. If Denver didn't make the playoffs he would be on the on heat or if Denver makes the playoffs but is one and done he'll be on seat. It was clear to me you meant this year.

TXBRONC
12-31-2015, 02:10 PM
No - just for 12-4. And 13-3. That's why it's ridiculous for anyone to insinuate that Kubiack is going to be fired this year.

Then why did you insinuate it Silk?

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2016, 01:05 PM
You did. You made it clear that he would be on the hot seat one way other. If Denver didn't make the playoffs he would be on the on heat or if Denver makes the playoffs but is one and done he'll be on seat. It was clear to me you meant this year.

Go ahead and quote me on that. I'll wait.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Then why did you insinuate it Silk?

"Go ahead and quote me on that. I'll wait."

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 01:10 PM
"Go ahead and quote me on that. I'll wait."

Right here. That is same thing as saying he'll be on the hot seat.:coffee:

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Right here. That is same thing as saying he'll be on the hot seat.:coffee:

No, it's not. Where does this say anything about his employment security?

We're discussing the situation in a message board. You honestly believe in this place, after what has happened the last couple years, and why he moved on from Fox, that Kubiak getting bounced in the first round isn't going to bring out "pessimistic" posters on this thread board that aren't going to have a lot of serious questions regarding him, including myself? This place is already littered with them, including myself.

Like I've said all along, if Kubiak and Denver have a good strong showing in the playoffs, my questions are going to be diluted, and I'm sure many others will too. He doesn't even have to win the playoff game, just show some fight and grit and compete throughout. That's all I'm asking. Denver's last 4 playoff losses have been embarrassing. It's becoming a reocurring theme. I'm not even asking for a win, I'm asking to compete and stay strong throughout the entire game, and let the chips fall where they may. I quit settling for AFC Championship 10+ win seasons in the Shanahan era when we were only left with 1 playoff win in his final 9 years.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 01:22 PM
No, it's not. Where does this say anything about his employment security?

We're discussing the situation in a message board. You honestly believe in this place, after what has happened the last couple years, and why he moved on from Fox, that Kubiak getting bounced in the first round isn't going to bring out "pessimistic" posters on this thread board that aren't going to have a lot of serious questions regarding him, including myself? This place is already littered with them, including myself.

Like I've said all along, if Kubiak and Denver have a good strong showing in the playoffs, my questions are going to be diluted, and I'm sure many others will too. He doesn't even have to win the playoff game, just show some fight and grit and compete throughout. That's all I'm asking. Denver's last 4 playoff losses have been embarrassing. It's becoming a reocurring theme. I'm not even asking for a win, I'm asking to compete and stay strong throughout the entire game, and let the chips fall where they may. I quit settling for AFC Championship 10+ win seasons in the Shanahan era when we were only left with 1 playoff win in his final 9 years.

:lol: Yeah right.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2016, 01:27 PM
:lol: Yeah right.

So you are insinuating every type of thought we talk about on this board, whether it's opinions, or thoughts or directions, is a spoken assumption of what John Elway is thinking? You cannot be serious.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 01:33 PM
So you are insinuating every type of thought we talk about on this board, whether it's opinions, or thoughts or directions, is a spoken assumption of what John Elway is thinking? You cannot be serious.

Nope.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Nope.

That's a really great argument you got going for yourself. Can you go ahead and post some more quotes and twisting them into an organizational philosophy? We can title it "What should John Elway do" and trademark it with your name on it.

tomjonesrocks
01-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Nobody gives a flying f--- about going 11-4. Whooptie f'n do. John Elway fires coaches for going 11-4.

Elway did not fire Fox. Fox quit on the team and actively campaigned for the Bears job. Fox quit on Denver.

It's a point I want clear so there's no sympathy for Fox. Also invariably if Kubiak disappoints we will start to hear "should have kept Fox" BS which wasn't an option.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Elway did not fire Fox. Fox quit on the team and actively campaigned for the Bears job. Fox quit on Denver.

It's a point I want clear so there's no sympathy for Fox. Also invariably if Kubiak disappoints we will start to hear "should have kept Fox" BS which wasn't an option.

I would never start a "keep Fox" chant, but I completely agree with you on him, and I would go one step further in saying Jack Del Rio had one foot out the door when he was preparing for the COlts defensive gameplan as well. That was about as much of a joke of a "coaching scheme" as I have ever seen one.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 02:35 PM
That's a really great argument you got going for yourself. Can you go ahead and post some more quotes and twisting them into an organizational philosophy? We can title it "What should John Elway do" and trademark it with your name on it.

I didn't twist anything you said. Besides that there was nothing more to say Silky.

Hey if you want to do the legwork and trademark that on by behalf all be happy to accept the royalties. :nod: