PDA

View Full Version : Should Denver IR Manning?

Slick
12-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Not going to do a poll but I wondered what you guys thought.

Use his roster space on a tackle or a RB?

Northman
12-29-2015, 01:08 PM
I think they should of done that a month ago to be honest but at this stage better to keep him around and let him heal some more. Perhaps if we hold onto the first round bye Manning can come back and start the playoff game if he can go.

Davii
12-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Depends, if they actually plan to use him, no. If there is no plan to use him then they should IR him and open a spot. If Kubiak really wants him to be the backup, Manning said he'd do it, then keep him on the roster but dress him so he can play if needed.

TimHippo
12-29-2015, 01:11 PM
You might as well cut him then. Would be the ultimate humiliation to put him on IR. especially since he won't be back in Denver next year.

GEM
12-29-2015, 01:14 PM
It would be humiliating to put an injured player on injured reserve after giving him half a season to try to recover? :der:

TimHippo
12-29-2015, 01:16 PM
It would be humiliating to put an injured player on injured reserve after giving him half a season to try to recover? :der:

Seems recovered to me. Was moving around fine the other day. You disagree?

BroncoJoe
12-29-2015, 01:18 PM
If something happens to Brock, I'd rather have Manning then Siemian as the backup.

Davii
12-29-2015, 01:21 PM

I don't know. Sure, that little video they showed of him throwing to equipment guys looked like he was ok but it didn't show him getting sacked, handing off to anyone, or trying to extend a play. It's time to let him practice, but that doesn't mean he's healed. Manning said himself in an interview recently that he needs to understand he WILL NOT be 100% this season. Is the 80% (or whatever his % is) good enough? That's up to Kubiak and Elway. It would not be humiliating or insulting to put him on IR. Cutting him sure as hell would be though.

IF the team placed him on IR it would be because he showed in practice that he is not ready and won't be ready. Period.

Northman
12-29-2015, 01:21 PM

If he was recovered he would be starting and not working out by himself throwing into a net.

Davii
12-29-2015, 01:22 PM
If something happens to Brock, I'd rather have Manning then Siemian as the backup.

Me too.

Northman
12-29-2015, 01:23 PM
I don't know. Sure, that little video they showed of him throwing to equipment guys looked like he was ok but it didn't show him getting sacked, handing off to anyone, or trying to extend a play. It's time to let him practice, but that doesn't mean he's healed. Manning said himself in an interview recently that he needs to understand he WILL NOT be 100% this season. Is the 80% (or whatever his % is) good enough? That's up to Kubiak and Elway. It would not be humiliating or insulting to put him on IR. Cutting him sure as hell would be though.

IF the team placed him on IR it would be because he showed in practice that he is not ready and won't be ready. Period.

Basically what every talking head has said as well. Right now Manning can go through the motions but he isnt under any duress and getting hit.

GEM
12-29-2015, 01:27 PM

He has said he isn't 100%. If it gives the Broncos a better chance to win by getting another player, then yes, it's appropriate. The coaches watch him practice every day...there's a reason he isn't starting.

underrated29
12-29-2015, 01:30 PM
No.

Brock is already a little banged up. We will need manning for the playoffs should anything happen. I do not want to find out how much simien has learned yet. No no.

TimHippo
12-29-2015, 01:31 PM
He has said he isn't 100%. If it gives the Broncos a better chance to win by getting another player, then yes, it's appropriate. The coaches watch him practice every day...there's a reason he isn't starting.

Nobody is a 100% at this point in an NFL season.

As for the reason he's not starting it might be because Brock is playing well, don you think.

Ravage!!!
12-29-2015, 01:32 PM
I think you have to have him going into the playoffs on the roster. Brock has taken some hits, you never know when you will need him. Hell, even Bledsoe won a game for the Patriots in the playoffs on their first Super Bowl win.

Buff
12-29-2015, 01:33 PM
I'd rather just replace Juwan Thompson or Schofield with a RB or T who might be able to help the team.

Speaking of Schofield - someone else said it last night, but no way Polumbus can be any worse. I also thought I read that Polumbus is better in pass pro, and Schofield in the run game... But obviously pass pro is much more critical at this stage given our QBs' health.

Northman
12-29-2015, 01:35 PM
I think you have to have him going into the playoffs on the roster. Brock has taken some hits, you never know when you will need him. Hell, even Bledsoe won a game for the Patriots in the playoffs on their first Super Bowl win.

Yea, i think he came in when they were playing Pitt.

GEM
12-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Nobody is a 100% at this point in an NFL season.

As for the reason he's not starting it might be because Brock is playing well, don you think.

I was answering your humiliating question. I personally wouldn't put him on IR, I'd keep him on the bench in case anything happens to Brock.

I think the reason he's not playing is multiple different things:

a) his foot
b) he doesn't play Kube's style offense and Kubiak is a stubborn sob
c) he can't get around this shit offensive line where at least Brock has some movement
d) Brock is in his contract year and the Broncos are thinking about the future while playing the right now
e) Brock gives the team a better chance to win right now

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-29-2015, 01:55 PM

Exactly....Brock has a separated shoulder, if he takes a hit in the wrong spot he could be done.

Slick
12-29-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm in agreement with most of you. If they think he's healthy enough to dress and be a back-up then keep him active. However if he's not going to even dress then someone should get his spot.

Who's been dressing that wasn't while Peyton's been out?

OrangeFanatic
12-29-2015, 02:03 PM
If this offensive line wasn't complete garbage, I might consider bringing Manning back.

VonDoom
12-29-2015, 02:26 PM

If we're worried about him being "humiliated", I'd say being declared healthy and then sitting behind Brock is more humiliating to him than going onto IR, considering we all know he's been hurt all year. That's actually the more graceful way out.

Right, I mean, he hasn't had one full week of practice yet. There's no way they think he's healthy enough to play. I'd rather not IR him, as he could be necessary at some point, humiliating or not for him. There's basically no one you could add right now to fill that roster spot that would be particularly helpful when the season is almost over.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-29-2015, 02:28 PM
If we're worried about him being "humiliated", I'd say being declared healthy and then sitting behind Brock is more humiliating to him than going onto IR, considering we all know he's been hurt all year. That's actually the more graceful way out.

Right, I mean, he hasn't had one full week of practice yet. There's no way they think he's healthy enough to play. I'd rather not IR him, as he could be necessary at some point, humiliating or not for him. There's basically no one you could add right now to fill that roster spot that would be particularly helpful when the season is almost over.

Dilfer said he could tell by the training video Manning still isn't driving off his right foot.

VonDoom
12-29-2015, 02:29 PM
I'd rather just replace Juwan Thompson or Schofield with a RB or T who might be able to help the team.

Speaking of Schofield - someone else said it last night, but no way Polumbus can be any worse. I also thought I read that Polumbus is better in pass pro, and Schofield in the run game... But obviously pass pro is much more critical at this stage given our QBs' health.

I think I said that in the game thread, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. The line isn't good under any circumstances, but Schofield is the weakest link. Can Polumbus be worse? Moving Vasquez over has been suggested, and while I'm not in favor of that, it has to be better than Schofield. Hell, use a sixth lineman or a blocking TE, something. He can't stay out there against elite pass rushers by himself. Cincy did this a lot yesterday - why couldn't we?

GEM
12-29-2015, 02:35 PM
I think I said that in the game thread, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. The line isn't good under any circumstances, but Schofield is the weakest link. Can Polumbus be worse? Moving Vasquez over has been suggested, and while I'm not in favor of that, it has to be better than Schofield. Hell, use a sixth lineman or a blocking TE, something. He can't stay out there against elite pass rushers by himself. Cincy did this a lot yesterday - why couldn't we?

Virgil Green....that lost TE that we just signed to a new contract. Stick him to Schofield if we have to keep the guy on the field.

Who are we even playing at center....I can't remember the guys name. UGH...this line sucks balls.

Dapper Dan
12-29-2015, 02:35 PM
I agree that Manning stays in the roster. If we dropped anyone to pick up a player, I'd want to pick up a safety.

GEM
12-29-2015, 02:37 PM
I agree that Manning stays in the roster. If we dropped anyone to pick up a player, I'd want to pick up a safety.

Weddle is coming up available...but going to be a whole lotta money. I hate that guy...but I could sure love him in Orange and Blue! :D

Dapper Dan
12-29-2015, 02:38 PM
Bush missed a big tackled that allowed a first down. Then he forgot to cover the top against Green. We got lucky that Green didn't catch it.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-29-2015, 02:44 PM
b) he doesn't play Kube's style offense and Kubiak is a stubborn sob

The ironic thing is, neither does Brock. Brock has looked ten times better when Kubiak allows him to play out of the 2013 style hurry up shotgun Peyton Manning style offense rather than his 1970's era garbage offensive ideology that he's trying to shoehorn onto this team. Frustrating part about it all is Elway has had 2 years to fix the offensive line, and knowing that it was going to be integral to the success of Kubiak's system here, still did nothing to change that fact last off season.

It boggles the mind.

VonDoom
12-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Virgil Green....that lost TE that we just signed to a new contract. Stick him to Schofield if we have to keep the guy on the field.

Who are we even playing at center....I can't remember the guys name. UGH...this line sucks balls.

You're thinking of Paradis, the only Bronco to play every snap this year on his respective side of the ball.

Weddle is coming up available...but going to be a whole lotta money. I hate that guy...but I could sure love him in Orange and Blue! :D

I would LOVE Weddle here. Not sure how he fits in, though, as I believe he is a FS, and we have a pretty good one in Stewart.

Bush missed a big tackled that allowed a first down. Then he forgot to cover the top against Green. We got lucky that Green didn't catch it.

Bush is a PS call up for a reason. There aren't any safeties available right now that can help us this year.

NightTerror218
12-29-2015, 03:02 PM
I prefer him to back up Oz.

Face it our OL is bad. Rather put in a healthy Manning in event Oz goes down.