PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Playoff prediction thread

BronColt
12-29-2015, 06:23 AM

Week 17

Jets win over Bills - Jets in the playoffs Wild Card (seed to be determined)

Dolphins upset Patriots - Patriots drop to #2 seed

Titans beat Colts - Colts eliminated from playoffs

Bengals beat Ravens - Bengals secure #3 seed

Steelers defeat Browns - Steelers need Jets loss to get in.

Texans defeat Jaguars - Texans win AFC South, Texans secure #4 seed

Chiefs defeat Raiders - Chiefs secure Wild Card spot (seed to be determined)

Broncos defeat Chargers - Broncos secure #1 seed

Broncos #1
Patriots #2
Bengals #3
Texans #4
Jets #5 or #6
Chiefs #5 or #6

Wild Card round

Chiefs #6 defeat Bengals #3 on the road - will face Patriots at Gilette Divisional round

Jets #5 defeat Texans #4 on the road - Will face Broncos at home Divisional round

OR

Jets #6 defeat Bengals #3 on the road - will face Patriots or Broncos On the road in AFC Divisional round

Chiefs #5 defeat Texans #4 on the road - will face Patriots or Broncos in AFC Divisional round

Broncos #1
Patriots #2
Jets #5 or #6
Chiefs #5 or #6

Divisional Round

Jets #5 defeat Patriots #2 on the road - will face Broncos in AFC Championship game

Broncos #1 defeat Chiefs #6 at home - will face Jets in AFC Championship game

OR

Chiefs #5 defeat Patriots #2 on the road - will face Broncos in AFC Championship game

Broncos #1 defeat Jets #6 at home - will face Chiefs in AFC Championship game

AFC Championship game

Broncos defeat Chiefs - on to the Super Bowl

OR

Broncos defeat Jets - on to the Superbowl

SuperBowl 50 prediction - Broncos Defeat Cardinals 30-27

Broncos Super Bowl Champions

Let the games begin!!

Shazam!
12-29-2015, 07:34 AM
Wow.

Northman
12-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Week 17

Jets win over Bills - Jets win

Dolphins upset Patriots - Wont happen. Dolphins are bad and NE is going to want to have home field in a bad way. Patriots win

Titans beat Colts - Colts win, they are playing better football right now than the Titans

Bengals beat Ravens - This could be interesting. Mallet played really well in their win vs Pitt and AJ is hurt but how hurt? Toss up

Steelers defeat Browns - Steelers win

Texans defeat Jaguars - Toss up, Jaguars could steal one here but advantage to Houston at home.

Chiefs defeat Raiders - Would love to see the Raiders play spoilers but i think Chiefs win

Broncos defeat Chargers - Technically a toss up but Denver is so Jeckyl and Hyde this year but at home so we should win.

SR
12-29-2015, 08:29 AM
No way Miami beats New England.

7DnBrnc53
12-29-2015, 09:13 AM
No way Miami beats New England.

They play them tough in Miami. And, their coach may want to keep his job for next year, and have them believing that this is their Super Bowl.

Northman
12-29-2015, 09:42 AM
But NE is coming off a loss and they know they cannot afford to lose another game if they want to have homefield advantage. Miami has player's wives calling Tannehill a POS QB in the media. I dont see Miami winning that game at all.

Foochacho
12-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Haha, you have New England dropping to the dolphins and then the Chiefs. No way they drop three straight. They are going to whoop the shit out of miami this week. Miami is garbage the Chiefs are garbage ad well. They Chiefs have won alot of games in a row but no one is scared of them. They are a .500 team at best that got lucky to squeak a few extra out. If people are calling us overachievers than what doed thst make the Chiefs. Our loss to them was stricyly because of gimpy Manning. They didn't do shit on offense without the defense putting them in scoring range to start. Chiefs will lose their playoff game. If we have to travel to new england we will lose too.

Foochacho
12-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Sorry, for all the typos. I can't type on a phone. Too lazy to go through and edit.

Dapper Dan
12-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Where's the unofficial thread?

OrangeHoof
12-29-2015, 02:03 PM
How you'll know the NFL is fixed:

The Indianapolis Colts get all 10 games needed to break their way in order to make the playoffs.

Andrew Luck announces he'll be ready for the first round.

BronColt
12-29-2015, 02:26 PM
They play them tough in Miami. And, their coach may want to keep his job for next year, and have them believing that this is their Super Bowl.

Patriots O Line not giving Brady much time to throw the ball; and who is Brady throwing to besides Gronk? They haven't been blowing anyone up lately, and division games are usually close vs Patriots; especially after a big loss to the Jets.

Look at the injuries they sustained on Sunday; I want to say at least 2-3 starting defensive players left the game and their O line looked completely gassed. The Dolphins would love to play spoiler and might be extra motivated by the Panthers loss. I don't know why but Miami keeping their perfect season alive has always given them a boost after an undefeated team gets their first loss.

The Patriots have this "air of invincibility" and the chances are low that they drop 2 in a row...but they're division opponents who they USUALLY split the season with and between the Jets and Dolphins they usually account for 2 of their losses just about every year, no matter how bad they're doing.

Let's look at the Dolphins. Tannehill definitely has had good and bad games this season. Landry is starting to come on the last few weeks and has given the team a boost. Lamar Miller seems to step up in clutch situations, and the core of their offense has been together all season with minimal injuries.

I think Suh will want a piece of Brady before the year is over and I can see him getting dirty on Brady; what does he have to lose?

Not to mention; the facts!

Patriots have lost their last 2 in 2014 and 2013 when playing in Miami, including last year vs Super Bowl winning Patriots; who were a much better AND healthier team than they are now.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/teamvsteam?opp=17
(Pay special attention on how many games the Dolphins have won against the Patriots IN DECEMBER games. Then remember how many years in a row the Patriots have made it to the playoffs. All but one if I recall, and that was the Matt Cassle year). Patriots are ALWAYS fighting for some sort of seeding in December and the Dolphins have made them their bitch at home IN DECEMBER...with only a few years as the exception. (2011, 2012)

It's all adding up to a Patriots loss, so we'll see. I live in Vegas and will be putting a substantial money line bet on the Dolphins this week...putting my money where my mouth is.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-29-2015, 02:54 PM
All nine games will go the Colts' way and they'll get into the post season.

Well, at least 2 will. Us beating the Sparklers and the Fins beating the Pats.

CrazyHorse
12-29-2015, 03:18 PM
But NE is coming off a loss and they know they cannot afford to lose another game if they want to have homefield advantage. Miami has player's wives calling Tannehill a POS QB in the media. I dont see Miami winning that game at all.

You do want the Dolphins to win though right?

Northman
12-29-2015, 04:28 PM
You do want the Dolphins to win though right?

Absolutely, i just dont see it happening. But stranger things have happened.

TXBRONC
12-29-2015, 09:37 PM
Where's the unofficial thread?

You haven't started an unofficial thread yet that's why there isn't one.

TXBRONC
12-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Patriots O Line not giving Brady much time to throw the ball; and who is Brady throwing to besides Gronk? They haven't been blowing anyone up lately, and division games are usually close vs Patriots; especially after a big loss to the Jets.

Look at the injuries they sustained on Sunday; I want to say at least 2-3 starting defensive players left the game and their O line looked completely gassed. The Dolphins would love to play spoiler and might be extra motivated by the Panthers loss. I don't know why but Miami keeping their perfect season alive has always given them a boost after an undefeated team gets their first loss.

The Patriots have this "air of invincibility" and the chances are low that they drop 2 in a row...but they're division opponents who they USUALLY split the season with and between the Jets and Dolphins they usually account for 2 of their losses just about every year, no matter how bad they're doing.

Let's look at the Dolphins. Tannehill definitely has had good and bad games this season. Landry is starting to come on the last few weeks and has given the team a boost. Lamar Miller seems to step up in clutch situations, and the core of their offense has been together all season with minimal injuries.

I think Suh will want a piece of Brady before the year is over and I can see him getting dirty on Brady; what does he have to lose?

Not to mention; the facts!

Patriots have lost their last 2 in 2014 and 2013 when playing in Miami, including last year vs Super Bowl winning Patriots; who were a much better AND healthier team than they are now.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/teamvsteam?opp=17
(Pay special attention on how many games the Dolphins have won against the Patriots IN DECEMBER games. Then remember how many years in a row the Patriots have made it to the playoffs. All but one if I recall, and that was the Matt Cassle year). Patriots are ALWAYS fighting for some sort of seeding in December and the Dolphins have made them their bitch at home IN DECEMBER...with only a few years as the exception. (2011, 2012)

It's all adding up to a Patriots loss, so we'll see. I live in Vegas and will be putting a substantial money line bet on the Dolphins this week...putting my money where my mouth is.

I won't shocked if the Patriots lose because it is division game I doubt they will.

Dapper Dan
12-29-2015, 09:47 PM
You haven't started an unofficial thread yet that's why there isn't one.

Im not the official unofficial thread starter.

CrazyHorse
12-30-2015, 01:54 AM
I won't shocked if the Patriots lose because it is division game I doubt they will.

The Fins put up 44 points against the Texans. If only they could have another one of those types of games. I think it's more likely they beat the Patriots at Miami than the Chargers beat us at home.

Even if the Patriots are top seed a 6th seed Jets or Steelers team would likely beat the Bengals and head to Foxborough where they would give the Pats a tough game. I believe the Chiefs beat the Texans so for our first game we'd have a divisional rematch at home.

BronColt
12-30-2015, 05:26 AM

What exactly would the unofficial Playoff prediction thread look like? Curious....

Dapper Dan
12-30-2015, 05:49 AM
What exactly would the unofficial Playoff prediction thread look like? Curious....

Let's just say it would end up in the black hole.

Cugel
12-30-2015, 12:28 PM
Here's how I see the Playoffs:

Patriots beat Dolphins and get the #1 seed.
Broncos beat Chargers and secure the #2 seed.
Bengals win but Broncos win vs. Chargers leaves them with the #3 seed.
Texans beat Jagwads and get the #4 seed.

Chiefs win 10th straight and get the #5 seed.
Jets beat the Bills and get the #6 seed.

Steelers beat the Browns, but are left on the outside looking in.

First Round:

Bengals beat the Chiefs or Jets at home. Bengals are still on paper the most talented team in the NFL taking both sides of the ball into account. They really have no weaknesses, while Denver has a piss-weak OL.

Denver was fortunate to beat them - partly because AJ McCarron is inexperienced. If they get Andy Dalton back in time for the playoffs, they will be formidable. This ain't the same old Andy Dalton who wilts come playoff time. He's playing like a top 5 QB this season. The only question is whether he'll be healthy. If not, then the Bengals chances go to very low.

Chiefs - People keep underestimating them. Andy Reid is playing boring football, so fans don't like them, but you can win a lot of games just playing great defense, running the ball effectively and not turning the ball over. They didn't win 10 games in a row by accident. They did it by being fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball.

That's incredibly boring, but it's how you win in the playoffs. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Chiefs beat either the Bengals in Cincy or the Texans, but I think the Bengals are too talented on both sides of the ball.

Since KC is the likely #5 seed, they go to Texas and beat the Texans in a low-scoring, boring game.

The Bengals beat the Jets in a close game.

That sets up the 2nd round:

Bengals at Broncos - Broncos will be a lot healthier on both offense and defense for this game with the bye week. Remember the Packers game? That was the one game this year that the OL actually managed to protect Peyton and open running lanes for the RBs. And the defense was healthy and dominated. Broncos will be more healthy for the Bengals game than they have been at any time since week 7 for the Packers game.

I predict the Broncos Beat the Bengals in a close game and go to New England for the AFC Championship.

Chiefs at Patriots. This is going to be a lot better match-up than people think. The Chiefs are absolutely not afraid to face the Pats in Foxborough. Especially since they will have won 11 straight games at this point. That's some serious momentum - they haven't lost since the 6th game of the season.

Everything depends on how healthy the Pats can get - especially on offense. If they get a healthy Amendola, Gronk and Edelman back for the playoffs it's a completely different team than the pathetic offense that scored 13 points against the Jets.

Patriots win a low scoring game, due to the Chiefs defense keeping it close. 24-20 Patriots.

AFC Championship Game

Broncos at Patriots. This will be a war, but if the Pats are healthy, they are too tough at home for the Broncos. Pats win a close game 21-17 and go to the SB.

Super Bowl

The strongest teams in the NFL this year are definitely in the NFC. Cardinals or Panthers, either will win the SB. The Seahawks are strong and playing better now, but they are facing the SB loser's curse. No team has gone back to the SB and won the year after losing in 42 years - since the '73 Dolphins. No team has even gone back the next season since the Bills 22 years ago.

So, I predict the AZ Cardinals will beat the Patriots in the SB 31-21. Then the Cardinals players will say that the NFC Championship game against the Panthers was "the real super bowl".

TXBRONC
12-30-2015, 12:30 PM

Are you telling me this officially or unofficially?

TXBRONC
12-30-2015, 12:35 PM
The Fins put up 44 points against the Texans. If only they could have another one of those types of games. I think it's more likely they beat the Patriots at Miami than the Chargers beat us at home.

Even if the Patriots are top seed a 6th seed Jets or Steelers team would likely beat the Bengals and head to Foxborough where they would give the Pats a tough game. I believe the Chiefs beat the Texans so for our first game we'd have a divisional rematch at home.

I agree there is a great chance the Dolphins pull off the upset at home than the Chargers pulling off the upset on the road.

underrated29
12-30-2015, 12:57 PM
The only ones that matter

Pats* over the fish
Jets lose to the buffalos
Broncos over the sparklers
Pitts over Cleveland
Chefs over whomever

pats* 1
broncos 2
bengals 3
texans 4
chefs 5
steel 6

Rd1
Steel over bengals
Chefs over texans

Rd2
Broncos over chefs
Steel over Broncos

Rd3
Broncos serve a huge helping of revenge on the steelers at home and Broncos advance to SB50

Valar Morghulis
12-30-2015, 01:00 PM
It stays as it currently is.

Jets beat the Bengals

Chiefs beat Texans

Then

Jets beat the patriots.

We beat the chiefs.

Then

We then beat the jets at Denver in the AFCCG.

Slick
12-30-2015, 01:03 PM
I want Denver to play the Chiefs in the playoffs so bad. Oh man.

Buff
12-30-2015, 01:14 PM

I'd rather play the Texans or Bengals than the Chiefs or Jets.

underrated29
12-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Im scared of any teams that have good pass rushers....

Therefore I want to avoid these teams as much as possible:

Texans- Clowney and Watt would literally make schofield die on the field. They may do it by going by him so fast he has no air to breathe.
Jets- Sheldon Richardson, their DT from Temple, holy schnikes!! We would barely be able to snap the ball before the QB is destroyed NOFinWay!

We can take the chefs because their offense wont score points against without having manning give them 4 ints on our side of the field. We took the bengals. We took the pats* The guys said they want another shot at the steelers and I think we dont go retard again and we torch them and dont let them torch us. The playoffs we become a Complete Football Team!

Nomad
12-30-2015, 01:39 PM

It'd be my choice as well, if I had one, or the Jets.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2015, 02:04 PM
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots players return to work today for their first practice of the week leading into Sunday's season-finale against the Miami Dolphins. As usual, the injury situation bears monitoring.

Here's a rundown of some of the team's banged-up players, and where things stand:

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4789245/sebastian-vollmer-one-of-several-notable-patriots-injuries-to-monitor

Timmy!
12-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Pats* over the fish
Pitts over Cleveland
Chefs over whomever

pats* 1
broncos 2
bengals 3
texans 4
chefs 5
steel 6

Rd1
Steel over bengals
Chefs over texans

Rd2
Broncos over chefs
Steel over Broncos

Rd3
Broncos serve a huge helping of revenge on the steelers at home and Broncos advance to SB50

This is exactly what I had even before the steelers game, but pit shitting the bed in Baltimore changed that. I don't think the jets lose in buffalo, so hopefully they can assume the steelers role in this scenario.

BroncoJoe
12-30-2015, 03:38 PM

Pats* over the fish
Pitts over Cleveland
Chefs over whomever

pats* 1
broncos 2
bengals 3
texans 4
chefs 5
steel 6

Rd1
Steel over bengals
Chefs over texans

Rd2
Broncos over chefs
Steel over Broncos

Rd3

Well, I'd imagine if the Broncos have to play two games in the 2nd round, they'd lose the 2nd one.

:D

SR
12-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Well, I'd imagine if the Broncos have to play two games in the 2nd round, they'd lose the 2nd one. :D

I saw that too but U29 makes so many typos it isn't worth correcting him.

pnbronco
01-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I heard on the radio that the Broncos could end up in # 2 seed or 6th. Is that true and how the heck does that work?

Dapper Dan
01-02-2016, 07:44 PM
I heard on the radio that the Broncos could end up in # 2 seed or 6th. Is that true and how the heck does that work?

Well, I think if we win and the Pats lose, we could be #1.

Dapper Dan
01-02-2016, 07:45 PM

Also, it looks like if the Jets and Chiefs win and we lose, all 3 have 11 wins. So maybe we lose that tiebreaker?

Valar Morghulis
01-02-2016, 07:54 PM
The chiefs can still win the West, then we would be a wild card

olathebroncofan
01-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Due to losing tie breakers with the jets and chiefs, we would be the 6th seed of we lose and the Chief's win. I forgot what the tiebreaker with the jets is.

So we can go from #1, #2 to #6 depending on how things shake out.

Why I'm trying to find is the list that shows what the Colts need to have happen to make the playoffs.

Foochacho
01-03-2016, 04:14 PM
I'll eat crow. Didn't think miami would beat new england. Even with new england looking like shit lately. Usually a belicheck team don't lose two straight and they rarely lose when it counts for something.

BronColt
01-03-2016, 08:47 PM
I'll eat crow. Didn't think miami would beat new england. Even with new england looking like shit lately. Usually a belicheck team don't lose two straight and they rarely lose when it counts for something.

Just remember you heard it here FIRST!

Foochacho
01-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Just remember you heard it here FIRST!

**** off

GEM
01-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Here's all you need to know...the Broncos win the Super Bowl! :D

BronColt
01-04-2016, 12:37 AM
**** off

Is that before or after you eat said crow?

Foochacho
01-04-2016, 01:07 AM
Congratulations you made a 50/50 guess and got it right. Please give me your lottery picks for next week, thanks Nostradamus.

I came in here on my own accord and ate some crow. Not to read more of your bullshit. So again, **** off. I would say you heard that here first but you most likely hear **** off alot.

DenBronx
01-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Damnnnn fooachoochoo goin off up in hurrr.

BronColt
01-04-2016, 05:43 PM
So let's keep it going.

If Dalton plays, I think Bengals take out the Steelers; especially if Williams can't play.

The Chiefs look good but I feel a Texans upset.

Redskins should handle the Packers.

Seahawks should stomp out the Vikings.

AFC Divisional games

Bengals at Patriots - Bengals win

Texans at Broncos - Broncos win

NFC Divisional games

Seahawks at Panthers - Seahawks win

Redskins at Cardinals - Cardinals win

AFC Championship game

Bengals at Broncos - Broncos win

NFC Championship game

Seahawks at Cardinals - Seahawks win

SuperBowl 50

Broncos vs Seahawks - part 2

Broncos WIN

DenBronx
01-04-2016, 06:36 PM
If Seattle makes it to the SB they will win again. They would embarrass us again. No no no no thank you.

TXBRONC
01-04-2016, 06:43 PM
If Seattle makes it to the SB they will win again. They would embarrass us again. No no no no thank you.

I don't believe that for a minute Den. I think Denver is much better equipped to take on Seattle than they were the last time.

CrazyHorse
01-05-2016, 12:24 AM
All the wild card teams will win this week.

BronColt
01-11-2016, 05:03 PM

You just might get your wish!

BronColt
01-11-2016, 05:03 PM

Great call man!!! Spot on!

BronColt
01-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Okay so now we've seen Wild Card Weekend, let's take a look at Divisional weekend.

Packers at Cardinals - Cardinals win

Rodgers figured something out at half time, and plus...it was the Redskins. Not really impressed with that win. Cardinals will blow them out like they did a few weeks ago. No Davonte Adams and a few other Packers injuries are a pretty big deal.

Seahawks at Panthers - Panthers win

The Seahawks played a miserable game against an OK team. Panthers will have too much for Seattle to handle and last weeks game will do nothing but make the Seahawks weaker. They may be high on the fact they were gifted a win, but Cam and that D is going to send them home whining and crying. I am very much looking forward to that.

Chiefs at Patriots - Patriots win

It all comes down to Maclin. If he plays, that's 30% of their overall offense is on Maclins shoulders. Without him they no doubt lose. With him they at least have a chance. However, Brady is getting Amendola, Edelman and a healthy Gronk. It's hard to bet against that trio, plus Steven Jackson should have all the motivation in the world coming off the couch to play for a SuperBowl contender. If the O Line can hold off the Chiefs pass D for half the game, Brady should have enough time to complete to his healthy receivers. How does Smith play in the cold?

Steelers at Broncos - Broncos win

Even if Roethlisberger does play, he won't be healthy and the long ball will be tough if not impossible. Which also affect Antonio Brown; if he does play, Ben won't be able to drop to him deep. Plus one or two hits from Talib should put him back in concussion protocol, on accident of course. Does Williams play? Who cares, neither Roethlisberger or Brown are going to be healthy, and our D will be stuffing the run and playing close because of a hobbled Ben.

Manning will take care of business, 3 RB TD's and 1 or 2 passing TD's. Probably 1 or 2 interceptions against a really good Steelers D.

42-21 Broncos.

NFC Championship game

Cardinals at Panthers - Panthers win

AFC Championship game

Patriots at Broncos - Broncos win

The world gets Manning vs Brady one last time, when it matters the most. Manning goes all in and gets the win, the D sacks Brady 7 times.

24-20 Broncos win.

Super Bowl 50

Broncos vs Panthers - Broncos win!

Manning rides off into the sunset a SuperBowl winner and announces his retirement after the game.

30-28 Broncos

SR
01-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Good grief

pnbronco
01-11-2016, 06:39 PM

You were 100%....that's tough in the NFL...congrts

BronColt
01-21-2016, 08:27 PM
AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Patriots @ Broncos - Broncos win

Broncos D are the heroes once again and overtake Brady for the SECOND time in Denver to move on to SuperBowl 50

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Cardinals @ Panthers - Panthers win

The Cardinals luck runs out in Carolina, Panthers move on to SuperBowl 50

Broncos vs Panthers SuperBowl 50 - Broncos win 31-24

BroncoBuckeye73
01-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Love the picks Colt

BronColt
01-24-2016, 11:00 PM
And I'm 100% the last 2 weeks!! SUPERBOWL BOUND!!