PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis takes ownership of mistakes with Broncos, determined to stop the drops

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2015, 09:46 AM
It's easy to play the blame game.

Broncos tight end Vernon Davis had plenty of choices to shift the cause for his recent drops on someone or something else. He could have blamed the team's ever-evolving starting quarterback situation or playing in frigid temperatures on a regular basis for the first time since college as distractions.

Instead, Davis has taken ownership of his struggles and their effect on Denver's two-game losing streak.

"I'm thinking about the actual play rather than taking care of my assignment," Davis said. "Sometimes it shows, maybe when I drop a ball or something. I'm steady thinking about the process instead of focusing on the outcome."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29311282/vernon-davis-broncos-stop-drops

SR
12-26-2015, 12:16 PM
We'll see.

UnderArmour
12-26-2015, 12:24 PM
If Demaryius and Vernon can hold onto the football, the Broncos can beat any team. Unfortunately, if they keep dropping the football, the Broncos can lose to any team too.

WJK
12-26-2015, 12:30 PM
The one against Oakland was an honest drop, but the one at Pitt looked like he did the t-rex arms because he was afraid of getting popped.

chazoe60
12-26-2015, 12:35 PM
If DT and VD actually caught the ball I'm confident we'd be 12-2 right now and in complete control of the #1 seed. Those dopes have really ****** us the last few weeks.

SR
12-26-2015, 12:59 PM
The one against Oakland was an honest drop, but the one at Pitt looked like he did the t-rex arms because he was afraid of getting popped.

VD isn't a big fan of being hit. Never has been.

Northman
12-26-2015, 01:02 PM
If DT and VD actually caught the ball I'm confident we'd be 12-2 right now and in complete control of the #1 seed. Those dopes have really ****** us the last few weeks.

Agree 100%

WJK
12-26-2015, 01:09 PM
The real question is why isn't Virgil Green seeing the field more?

UnderArmour
12-26-2015, 01:10 PM
The real question is why isn't Virgil Green seeing the field more?

Because Owen Daniels has blackmail on Gary Kubiak.

underrated29
12-26-2015, 01:39 PM
VD isn't a big fan of being hit. Never has been.

And he's a fuking man of men. Dude is a ripped 250 with incredible speed and strength. He should go out there and beat the snot out of the puny safeties and cbs. He's as big as the lbs, maybe bigger. It's about time we get more men on this time like Hemannuel!

Buff
12-26-2015, 01:44 PM

^^ This - he is forgiven for his honest mistake against Oakland, which happens to everyone at some point... However, barring some spectacular play down the stretch - his legacy with the Broncos will be his unwillingness to take a big hit in a key moment to help his team win. He is the definition of a hired mercenary who doesn't have much skin in the game - I'd bench him on principle if I were Kubiak.

BroncoWave
12-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Because Owen Daniels has blackmail on Gary Kubiak.

Ever since we traded for Davis, Daniels has been our best TE. I get the hate for him because he stunk early in the year, but that's just not the case anymore. Green isn't seeing the field because Daniels is better. I think people overrate Green because he is a freak athlete, but he's never actually contributed much of anything in meaningful regular season play.

UnderArmour
12-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Ever since we traded for Davis, Daniels has been our best TE. I get the hate for him because he stunk early in the year, but that's just not the case anymore. Green isn't seeing the field because Daniels is better. I think people overrate Green because he is a freak athlete, but he's never actually contributed much of anything in meaningful regular season play.

With the volume of snaps that Daniels gets, of course he is going to be the "best TE." Every time I see Green on the field running a route, he's making a play. I just think this coaching staff is more comfortable with Daniels in the offense, which is fair. Kubiak has a tendency to "stick with his guys" to a fault, and Daniels is pegged into his role as receiving TE while Green is ticketed as "extra blocker" for the time being. I haven't really been that impressed with what I've seen from Daniels as a blocker or a receiver. It seems like half the time he gets a ball thrown his way he is overrunning or underunning a ball.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Kubiak has a hardon for Daniels, who's dropped as many as Davis, signing him in the first place was simply because he knows the offense and "fits the system". He's serviceable.

Green should be getting a bigger share of reps based on blocking alone, especially since they traded for Davis.

This coaching tree has had sketchy history with their TE's, too many Byron Chamberlains and Jeb Putziers. Nate Jackson, wtf.

WJK
12-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Green's blocking the last eight games last season in the heavy package was one of the main reasons CJ had as much success as he did.

tripp
12-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Less talk, more action. Come out guns blazing tomorrow night and all will be forgiven.

OrangeFanatic
12-27-2015, 06:41 PM
If Demaryius and Vernon can hold onto the football, the Broncos can beat any team. Unfortunately, if they keep dropping the football, the Broncos can lose to any team too.

If they hadn't made all those drops and the DT fumbles, we would most likely have at least one more if not two more wins.

gregbroncs
12-27-2015, 08:22 PM
I respect him for owning up to it. Now ******* do something about it!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2015, 02:28 AM
Don't expect Brock to light the word on fire with a separated shoulder.