PDA

View Full Version : What would it take (or who) for you to be happy with trading DT

Valar Morghulis
12-25-2015, 02:45 PM
I would not actively try to trade him, but I would listen to offers

Joe Thomas, this year's first and Josh Gordon for example would be too good to turn down.

In reality I would be happy with a high pick this year in the first, some experience either at running back (maybe a one but runner like Murray) or a good tackle. Maybe a third as well depending on the quality of the players we were offered.

What about you?

SR
12-25-2015, 03:08 PM
I would trade DT to anyone offering a starting left tackle and a 2nd. No one would give up a first plus starter for DT.

OrangeFanatic
12-25-2015, 03:19 PM
I would not actively try to trade him

I would actively try to trade this choker, butterfinger, fumblematic.

SoCalImport
12-25-2015, 03:21 PM
His value has plummeted this year, for obvious reasons.
SRs acceptable offer is about all we could hope for.
I'd still prefer to keep him a Broncos and see if he can't play his way out or these soul destroying dropsies

Timmy!
12-25-2015, 03:22 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1353.gif

OrangeFanatic
12-25-2015, 03:46 PM
His value has plummeted this year, for obvious reasons.
SRs acceptable offer is about all we could hope for.
I'd still prefer to keep him a Broncos and see if he can't play his way out or these soul destroying dropsies

At this point we could still claim "declining Peyton""new QB" or "new offensive scheme". So we should be able to at least get a good bit for him. His ability to run after catches (he actually makes) is awesome.

SR
12-25-2015, 04:24 PM
At this point we could still claim "declining Peyton""new QB" or "new offensive scheme". So we should be able to at least get a good bit for him. His ability to run after catches (he actually makes) is awesome.

He's fast and has a good stiff arm but he's nowhere near as violent with the ball as Larry Fitzgerald or Brandon Marshall.

Poet
12-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Up until a few weeks ago the consensus on the board was that D.T. was an elite WR that stood next to Brown, Bryant, Megatron, and the rest of those guys. I think several bad games have caused the board to sour upon him a little too much.

SR
12-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Up until a few weeks ago the consensus on the board was that D.T. was an elite WR that stood next to Brown, Bryant, Megatron, and the rest of those guys. I think several bad games have caused the board to sour upon him a little too much.

For me I just removed the orange glasses and looked at him objectively. He doesn't play hard or with heart. Doesn't go after the ball. Talented physically, broken mentally, lazy.

MOtorboat
12-25-2015, 05:24 PM
I would not be happy if they traded him for anything. I never understand why people hate the best players on the team. This happens repeatedly.

SR
12-25-2015, 05:29 PM
I would not be happy if they traded him for anything. I never understand why people hate the best players on the team. This happens repeatedly.
I don't hate DT. I just want him to play harder. He's one of the highest paid WRs in football because he deserved that paycheck. Now he's just mailing it in most weeks like he doesn't care.

Poet
12-25-2015, 05:30 PM
For me I just removed the orange glasses and looked at him objectively. He doesn't play hard or with heart. Doesn't go after the ball. Talented physically, broken mentally, lazy.

I have seen that guy play through a SB with a separated shoulder in the SB and taking a ton of abuse. I have seen him hold onto a ball after Crocker laid a vicious hit on the man. I've seen him go up for balls, fight for it in traffic. I think he's going through a funk is all.

MOtorboat
12-25-2015, 05:32 PM
I don't hate DT. I just want him to play harder. He's one of the highest paid WRs in football because he deserved that paycheck. Now he's just mailing it in most weeks like he doesn't care.

He's a top 10 receiver. He's earning the paycheck just fine.

SR
12-25-2015, 05:33 PM

I disagree

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-25-2015, 05:35 PM
I have seen that guy play through a SB with a separated shoulder in the SB and taking a ton of abuse. I have seen him hold onto a ball after Crocker laid a vicious hit on the man. I've seen him go up for balls, fight for it in traffic. I think he's going through a funk is all.

Bronco fans have more mood swings than a woman going through menapause.

DT has had a few bad games this year, but he is still an elite talent.

Poet
12-25-2015, 05:38 PM

The only WR's he doesn't stand toe-to-toe with play in Pitt and New York.

MOtorboat
12-25-2015, 05:47 PM

Yes.

Tned
12-25-2015, 06:12 PM

Same reason we often call for the backup QB or other backups to start. Grass is greener. Covet thy neighbors wife. Or some other syndrome that is escaping me.

Valar Morghulis
12-25-2015, 06:12 PM

And Atlanta, Detroit, green bay, Dallas, and Cincinnati

MOtorboat
12-25-2015, 06:21 PM
And Atlanta, Detroit, green bay, Dallas, and Cincinnati

No. He stands with all of the receivers you just listed and is better than some.

WJK
12-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Yes, there have been stupid drops and fumbles. But he's still producing 100 rec/1000 yards in a below average quarterbacking season.

Poet
12-25-2015, 06:41 PM
No. He stands with all of the receivers you just listed and is better than some.

Ironically the complaints being levied at DT are the same ones being aimed at Green. Both guys sometimes fail to go back to the ball. They both have some stupid, stupid drops. The problem is that most WR's do that, and most WR's don't put up monster numbers. Green's having an off year and is slated to get around 1200 yards. His TD's are down, but he should hover around 8. A lot of it is the introduction of Eifert in the offense. Yet DT is good enough in the past that his numbers didn't go down, even when he was surrounded by incredible amounts of elite offensive talent. I think that's pretty dope, myself. It's still impressive, after factoring in who was throwing DT the ball.

BroncoWave
12-25-2015, 06:47 PM

I would take Julio and Dez over DT for sure. They actually go up and fight for footballs week after week, and have matching talent to DT. CJ is probably on the downslope now so I would take DT over him, but prime CJ is in the GOAT conversation. Jordy and AJ I might take DT over but it would be close.

I'm sure your reply will be something along the lines of "ZOMG you hate our best players!!!!!11!!1!" but I think it's a pretty fair comparison of his talent/productivity to those guys.

Ziggy
12-25-2015, 06:48 PM
He's #4 in the NFL in targets, 6th in receptions, 9th in yards, 22nd in yards after the catch, 64th in yards/catch, and 37th in TD's. Stats don't always tell the true story, but he has had a down season. The only category he's leading the league in is drops with 10. Did the Broncos overpay for him? I don't think you can tell in the first year of his new contract. I'll give it at least one more year before jumping ship on him.

MOtorboat
12-25-2015, 06:49 PM
I would take Julio and Dez over DT for sure. They actually go up and fight for footballs week after week, and have matching talent to DT. CJ is probably on the downslope now so I would take DT over him, but prime CJ is in the GOAT conversation. Jordy and AJ I might take DT over but it would be close.

I'm sure your reply will be something along the lines of "ZOMG you hate our best players!!!!!11!!1!" but I think it's a pretty fair comparison of his talent/productivity to those guys.

No, that's not my reply, but it highlights my point perfectly. He fits with the best of the best because he is. And he deserves to be paid as such.

If the argument is he isn't the best ever, then you're going to be disappointed by a lot of receivers.

BroncoWave
12-25-2015, 06:53 PM
No, that's not my reply, but it highlights my point perfectly. He fits with the best of the best because he is. And he deserves to be paid as such.

I agree he is up there with the best for sure, but where maybe a year or two ago you could have made a legit argument for him being the best WR in football, the highest I could put him now is 5. Not that there is anything wrong with being the 5th best WR in football, but it is frustrating to see him be SO inconsistent, and the inconsistency has seemed to ramp up since he's gotten paid. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time a player's productivity/effort has gone down after getting a huge deal.

BroncoWave
12-25-2015, 06:54 PM
On an unrelated note, it continues to stun me how often NFL WRs drop passes with those sticky gloves they wear. It seems like you almost have to be trying to drop the football wearing those gloves.

Poet
12-25-2015, 06:54 PM

Jordy Nelson is the most overrated WR in football. He gets thrown open by Rodgers and often doesn't have to deal with double coverage because of the GB offense. Green is one of my all-time favorite Bengals, and I'm not sure what his stats would look like with a better deep ball QB. However, I think DT is superior to him. I do take issue a bit with Dez Bryant being ranked so high. The start of his career was less than spectacular with one of the better to best QB's in the game from a stat perspective. Dez also has more than his fair share of drops, too. DT had a real slow start to his career, but he came out of college super raw and had a bad string of injuries. His career didn't start with the best QB's throwing him the ball either.

I won't lie, some of the things that I posted above I don't believe, but they would be fair points. Some of them I do believe, they are fair points, too. I think the WR is just the easiest position in football to fall victim to the grass is greener on the other side type thinking.

The two best WR's in football to me are Brown and ODB. One of them is banging out 1500 yard plus seasons with regularity. The other one has more 100 yard games than Dez...in less than two full seasons of play. ODB also is the better playmaking 'omfg how on earth did he catch that' swag style than Dez.

After those two, you're looking at Green, Jones, DT, etc.

BroncoWave
12-25-2015, 06:57 PM
Gun to my head, I would rank them Brown-OBJ-Julio-Dez-DT-AJ-Megatron-Jordy. Maybe I'm burying Megatron too soon though because he isn't just doing to flat out insane stuff he was doing a couple of years ago. He was the hardest one for me to slide in there.

Poet
12-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Gun to my head, I would rank them Brown-OBJ-Julio-Dez-DT-AJ-Megatron-Jordy. Maybe I'm burying Megatron too soon though because he isn't just doing to flat out insane stuff he was doing a couple of years ago. He was the hardest one for me to slide in there.

I feel you on CJ. If he goes out there and has another 1400-1800 yard season with a bunch of catches no one is going to be shocked. He's also putting stats that are good up on a really mercurial team.

Simple Jaded
12-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Yes I think DT is a Top 3-5 WR, and yes, I would trade him for the right price. Idk for sure but I'm willing to bet that it'd cripple their salary cap situation.

Josh Gordon is dangerously close to following Justin Blackmon, who got another DUI a few weeks ago, I'd take a risk on him as a replacement to Andre Caldwell not DT.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Yes I think DT is a Top 3-5 WR, and yes, I would trade him for the right price. Idk for sure but I'm willing to bet that it'd cripple their salary cap situation.

Josh Gordon is dangerously close to following Justin Blackmon, who got another DUI a few weeks ago, I'd take a risk on him as a replacement to Andre Caldwell not DT.

We worked Gordon put a couple weeks ago.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-25-2015, 10:15 PM
The wife got me a DT jersey for Christmas...

BroncoWave
12-25-2015, 10:17 PM
We worked Gordon put a couple weeks ago.

That seems unlikely seeing as he is still on the Browns roster.

SR
12-25-2015, 10:17 PM
The wife got me a DT jersey for Christmas...

She could've saved her money and I would've sent you mine for free.

NightTerror218
12-25-2015, 10:21 PM
I give him a pass for thus year. Still a 1000 yard receiver and can be dominate.

He has to adjust to a QB who can throw with heat compared to a fluttering pass from manning. While Manning had it to him timing wise there was not a lot of heat.

Oz and DT do not having the timing down so Oz uses hest to hit him when open rather then using touch to throw on time before he makes a move. DT was use to making his move and Manning already had it in air so he turned around and it was there. That is not the case with Oz and he is not coming to the ball like he should.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-25-2015, 10:29 PM
That seems unlikely seeing as he is still on the Browns roster.

You're right. ...Greg Little, I think is who we worked out.

SR
12-25-2015, 10:30 PM
I give him a pass for thus year. Still a 1000 yard receiver and can be dominate. He has to adjust to a QB who can throw with heat compared to a fluttering pass from manning. While Manning had it to him timing wise there was not a lot of heat. Oz and DT do not having the timing down so Oz uses hest to hit him when open rather then using touch to throw on time before he makes a move. DT was use to making his move and Manning already had it in air so he turned around and it was there. That is not the case with Oz and he is not coming to the ball like he should.

Hard to take any of this seriously considering the lack of effort we have all see with DT's game this season.

MOtorboat
12-25-2015, 10:50 PM
I have a hard time believing that a 100 catch receiver in the NFL doesn't put much effort into it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-25-2015, 11:35 PM
I have a hard time believing that a 100 catch receiver in the NFL doesn't put much effort into it.

Lazy doesn't produce 1100 yards in 14 games against 12 different #1 corners.

I wonder what Sanders numbers would be if he drew the #1 corner every week?

Timmy!
12-26-2015, 12:07 AM
She could've saved her money and I would've sent you mine for free.

I'll gladly take it.

Timmy!
12-26-2015, 12:14 AM
Hard to take any of this seriously considering the lack of effort we have all see with DT's game this season.

Effort isn't the issue, focus is. DT is a human like the rest of us, maybe he has some shit going on. I'm not ready to crucifie our elite wr for some drops this year, damn frustrating as they might be.

NightTerror218
12-26-2015, 12:54 AM
Effort isn't the issue, focus is. DT is a human like the rest of us, maybe he has some shit going on. I'm not ready to crucifie our elite wr for some drops this year, damn frustrating as they might be.

I am saying he is probably use to manning timing and the ball showing up when he breaks rather then having to come back for it with Oz.

aberdien
12-26-2015, 01:38 AM
I've never thought DT was clutch and I always found him a bit overrated. But I like him and can't see us doing any better without a higher cost. Past handful of games he has been off, but it happens. Work through it.

MOtorboat
12-26-2015, 02:10 AM
I've never thought DT was clutch and I always found him a bit overrated. But I like him and can't see us doing any better without a higher cost. Past handful of games he has been off, but it happens. Work through it.

Clutch?

Like, catching a 15 yard pass and taking it 80 yards for an overtime playoff win? Or catching a crucial third down pass to help beat the undefeated Patriots? Or maybe setting a Super Bowl record with a separated shoulder?

Give me a break. Lol.

Poet
12-26-2015, 02:21 AM

He also had that one huge catch against the Patriots as well.

aberdien
12-26-2015, 02:26 AM
Clutch?

Like, catching a 15 yard pass and taking it 80 yards for an overtime playoff win?
All the credit in the world.

Or catching a crucial third down pass to help beat the undefeated Patriots?
That was good too.

Or maybe setting a Super Bowl record with a separated shoulder?
That's not clutch, that's class.

He has contributed heavily to the success of the team since he's been on it. Two examples of great plays does not necessarily make one a sure-thing/clutch god. There have been multiple times throughout the years where he's just flat out dropped balls. Over the last year or so he improved greatly and started to get me changing my mind. But i'm still not fully there with the trust yet after this setback. But I am confident he can work through it and be just fine.

MOtorboat
12-26-2015, 02:29 AM
All the credit in the world.

That was good too.

That's not clutch, that's class.

He has contributed heavily to the success of the team since he's been on it. Two examples of great plays does not necessarily make one a sure-thing/clutch god. There have been multiple times throughout the years where he's just flat out dropped balls. Over the last year or so he improved greatly and started to get me changing my mind. But i'm still not fully there with the trust yet after this setback. But I am confident he can work through it and be just fine.

Those three settings almost certainly make him "clutch."

How many opportunities do you get a year? 1? 2?

Some consistency worries, fine. But these criticisms are nit picky, at best.

OrangeHoof
12-26-2015, 05:35 AM
If we got the same deal for DT that we got for Brandon Marshall, I could live with that.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2015, 06:47 AM
Anyone who would consider trading DT had better not trash Josh McDaniels for trading away our "star players".

BroncoWave
12-26-2015, 07:48 AM

I'm not saying DT is lazy, but just as a counterargument to this point, Randy Moss flat out said "I play when I want to play" and he still put up those types of numbers. Sometimes players just have such a high level of God-given talent that they kinda can just skate by at times.

BroncoWave
12-26-2015, 07:51 AM
For me, the biggest issue with DT is that he waits for the ball to come to him instead of going up and attacking it at its high point. That's not necessarily lazy, it's just bad technique. It makes it much easier for a DB to make a play on the ball if you are just waiting for it to come to where you are. I honestly don't remember if this is something he's always done or if it's just a recently developed bad habit.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2015, 07:54 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with a player's size. Bigger players make things look easier. Players under 6 feet tend to make things look more difficult. It happens in many different sports with all types of players. I honestly don't think a fan can judge how hard a player is trying.

Northman
12-26-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm not ready to crucifie our elite wr for some drops this year, damn frustrating as they might be.

I am and i have no problem doing it. He picked a awful time to have a bad year dropping important passes and im going to call him out on it.

BroncoWave
12-26-2015, 08:12 AM
I am and i have no problem doing it. He picked a awful time to have a bad year dropping important passes and im going to call him out on it.

Be careful North, there are gonna be people after your fan card! :D

OrangeHoof
12-26-2015, 09:20 AM
McDaniels also drafted DT, I should remind people. Same guy who drafted Tebow in the first round.

BroncoJoe
12-26-2015, 09:40 AM
A few bad games doesn't make me want to trade him at all. If it continues, different story. He's clearly in a funk.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2015, 10:44 AM
I think the Patriots game was the only bad game. No one seems to care when Sanders disappears.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2015, 10:57 AM

You should write him an angry letter.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Be careful North, there are gonna be people after your fan card! :D

Why would anyone want North's Tom Brady fan card?

Northman
12-26-2015, 12:58 PM
You should write him an angry letter.

Nah, dude doesnt give shit. He gotz paid.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Nah, dude doesnt give shit. He gotz paid.

That's what I heard.

OrangeHoof
12-26-2015, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't trade him because he's having a bad stretch. I want to trade him because he wants to break the bank in the offseason. Remember, we franchised him and he still didn't come to terms with us. He wants to be the top-paid receiver and that won't fit our salcap. We would just be doing the same thing with DT that we did with Decker - waiting until they overpriced themselves and then found someone just as good for half the cost.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't trade him because he's having a bad stretch. I want to trade him because he wants to break the bank in the offseason. Remember, we franchised him and he still didn't come to terms with us. He wants to be the top-paid receiver and that won't fit our salcap. We would just be doing the same thing with DT that we did with Decker - waiting until they overpriced themselves and then found someone just as good for half the cost.

He signed in the off season just before the deadline

Timmy!
12-26-2015, 01:21 PM
He signed in the off season just before the deadline

This. He will be a Bronco for many years, well unless north gets the gm job. So ya, many years.

underrated29
12-26-2015, 01:34 PM
I would rank:

Brown
ODB
Hopkins
Dez
Julio
Dt
Aj
Marshall
.... .... .... ....

As for DT, my biggest problem is lack of fight. He will go up and win jump balls, but I've never seen him dive or lay out for a catch. He is afraid to leave his feet. He also runs like a ***** with the ball in his hands. He would run over people on college. Just like Brandon Marshall does. Now DT gets tackled by a 5'10 corner. He tried to run around people....on occasion, when someone pisses him off he then steps into the danger zone. I can always tell when he'll have a good game because if he makes a catch and does a dance or stands over the corner or eyeballs him....I know he is pissed and is in the danger zone. Then he won't be stopped. He will run through people.......but it rarely happens. He is a puss when running.

As for the topic of trading him

How old is Joe staley?
I'd trade him to San Fran for Joe and a high 2nd or 3rd and a prospect...I think DTs value is a 1st and 3rd.
We won't trade him obviously and I can't really think of any other fair trades.

Northman
12-26-2015, 01:34 PM
This. He will be a Bronco for many years, well unless north gets the gm job. So ya, many years.

Damn shame ill tell ya.

Dapper Dan
12-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Trade DT and Kubiak for Bill Belichick and McDaniels. Trade Peyton, Vernon Davis, and Elway to the Giants for Eli and Odell.

Poet
12-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Trade DT and Kubiak for Bill Belichick and McDaniels. Trade Peyton, Vernon Davis, and Elway to the Giants for Eli and Odell.

I hate you.

Simple Jaded
12-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Anyone who would consider trading DT had better not trash Josh McDaniels for trading away our "star players".

Fine, I can still criticize his reasons for trading star players anyway.

Poet
12-26-2015, 04:45 PM
D-Hop has been helping me win fantasy leagues for a long, long time. By that I mean two years.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 04:52 PM
D-Hop has been helping me win fantasy leagues for a long, long time. By that I mean two years.

That's fantastic!!!!

Who's D-Hop?

Poet
12-26-2015, 04:57 PM
He's the stud who plays for Houston.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 05:39 PM
He's the stud who plays for Houston.

Stallion for sure

Poet
12-26-2015, 05:44 PM
Stallion for sure

In Houston, Stallion rides you.

SR
12-26-2015, 08:10 PM
In Houston, Stallion rides you.

Sup

Poet
12-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Sup

I have erred greatly and now fear for my *******.

SR
12-26-2015, 08:16 PM
I have erred greatly and now fear for my *******.

You're safe dear friend.

Poet
12-26-2015, 08:16 PM
You're safe dear friend.

I'm not going to stop clenching!

Simple Jaded
12-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Only two things come outta Houston...

Poet
12-27-2015, 12:33 AM
Only two things come outta Houston...

Decent job prospects that can be paired with economic opportunity and beautiful women?

Simple Jaded
12-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Decent job prospects that can be paired with economic opportunity and beautiful women?

Ok, only four things come outta Houston.

Poet
12-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Ok, only four things come outta Houston.

SR and...meat?

Simple Jaded
12-27-2015, 12:42 AM
SR and...meat?

What is that? 6? Only six things come outta Houston...

dogfish
12-27-2015, 03:03 AM
stats are for losers, and 88 is a huge vagina. . . trade him for a 9th rounder just to get his salary off the books. . . 60 million dollar talent w/ a ten cent head, and about five cents worth of heart. . . and please, reflect for just a moment on one rod smith before you post any dumb rebuttal about stats, or that one big catch thomas had five years ago. . .

:defense:

Dapper Dan
12-27-2015, 03:15 AM
Go home and drink the pain away.

dogfish
12-27-2015, 03:26 AM
Go home and drink the pain away.

hi, danny. . . hope ya had a good christmas. . . you think i'd post this shit if i wasn't drunk at home now?

:drinking::defense:

Poet
12-27-2015, 03:39 AM
Dog, didn't you used to really like DT?

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2015, 03:51 AM
I think part of DTs and VDs problem is just trying to do too much. Both have been dropping passes because they aren't concentrating on catching the ball. It doesn't seem to be as much a problem early in games. It seems that late in games when the offense starts pressing, they start trying too hard to be the hero instead of just doing their job. They just need to get back to basics and catch the damned ball before they try to run with it. Focus, catch, protect the ball, then try to get YAC. The fact that all of our guys have had some problems with drops of late (not just DT and VD) tells me it's not the focal point in practice like it should be. That's coaching.

dogfish
12-27-2015, 04:09 AM
Dog, didn't you used to really like DT?

well, sure. . . "really" is open to interpretation. . . i will trade you straight up for aj any ol' time you want, though. . . call me!

MOtorboat
12-27-2015, 04:10 AM
well, sure. . . "really" is open to interpretation. . . i will trade you straight up for aj any ol' time you want, though. . . call me!

Just stahp. Put the gun down. We can talk about this.

Poet
12-27-2015, 04:29 AM

Green doesn't fit for balls, has a lot of drops, cannot block, and is slower than D.T. I'm not sure how you can argue DT isn't superior.

Valar Morghulis
12-27-2015, 05:01 AM
What is that? 6? Only six things come outta Houston...

Steers and queers

BroncoWave
12-27-2015, 08:53 AM
stats are for losers, and 88 is a huge vagina. . . trade him for a 9th rounder just to get his salary off the books. . . 60 million dollar talent w/ a ten cent head, and about five cents worth of heart. . . and please, reflect for just a moment on one rod smith before you post any dumb rebuttal about stats, or that one big catch thomas had five years ago. . .

:defense:

LOL people still say this? You should let all these teams across basically every major sport that spend big money on analytic departments know this!

SR
12-27-2015, 10:20 AM

Booming economy with some of the best medical facilities in the world, too.

SR
12-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Steers and queers Watch if.

(Houston is too congested for steer)

OrangeHoof
12-27-2015, 11:33 AM
I grew up in Houston and I'd have to say the best-looking women in the state come out of North Texas. Although the Valley gave us Eva Longoria and a few others. Still a Houston woman looks much better than the skanks in the Northeast.

tripp
12-27-2015, 12:09 PM
He has the skill set, and he's shown he's a top 5 receiver. This year has been a bit of a joke, he's shown a few flashes of brilliance, but the money he's getting paid... I dunno.

I don't believe there is a single player in the NFL that is untouchable when it comes to trades.

If Kubiak is the coach we're going to roll with for years to come, then building up the O-line should be top priority, so if a team offered a guy like Joe Thomas, Nick Mangold, etc then yea.. I'd take that. Receivers aren't that hard to come by.

Ravage!!!
12-27-2015, 01:20 PM
LOL people still say this? You should let all these teams across basically every major sport that spend big money on analytic departments know this!

I'm betting those same people question whether or not the STATS tell the entire story. Yeah..people still say this... the intelligent ones anyway. If you think the "stats" tell the story, and its the only thing to look at... you are foolish AND naive all wrapped into one. This isn't baseball.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2015, 04:19 PM
I blame Obama for releasing his mom from prison. Since then, he hasn't been focused.

:behindsofa:

Dapper Dan
12-27-2015, 04:19 PM
He has the skill set, and he's shown he's a top 5 receiver. This year has been a bit of a joke, he's shown a few flashes of brilliance, but the money he's getting paid... I dunno.

I don't believe there is a single player in the NFL that is untouchable when it comes to trades.

If Kubiak is the coach we're going to roll with for years to come, then building up the O-line should be top priority, so if a team offered a guy like Joe Thomas, Nick Mangold, etc then yea.. I'd take that. Receivers aren't that hard to come by.

Huge paydays tend to make up for them putting up huge numbers for lower pay. When he was helping Manning break records, he was getting about $3 million a season. It all works itself out.

BroncoWave
12-27-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm betting those same people question whether or not the STATS tell the entire story. Yeah..people still say this... the intelligent ones anyway. If you think the "stats" tell the story, and its the only thing to look at... you are foolish AND naive all wrapped into one. This isn't baseball.

People only ever say "stats are for losers" when those stats contradict their position. I've never seen someone say it when a stat was posted agreeing with their position.

Ravage!!!
12-27-2015, 04:33 PM
People only ever say "stats are for losers" when those stats contradict their position. I've never seen someone say it when a stat was posted agreeing with their position.

I would say that ssomeone trying to bring up "statistical analysis" on a message board is about the silliest thing, though. I mean, we aren't "analysing"... we post stats up. When someone tries to post their stats to support their argument, it's should be the start of the discussion..and not the "proof" and end that so many on here believe it to be.

I mean, the "statistical analysis" shows that the QBR has QB1 is better than QB2.... so it MUST be fact, right? I mean, the stats of the "QBR" proves the point?

I guess I'm just saying the simple...Don't try to compare people using stats on a message board to corporations hiring "statistical analysis" experts. It's not even in the same ball park.

Poet
12-27-2015, 04:35 PM
There are analytical stats used in sports that are as complex and as useful as the business world stats. Go to the sports section on five-thirtyeight sometime. It's dope.

But let's be honest, fans are butthurt with DT and it's easy to just disregard all of his accomplishments in a sweeping manner. A lot of what he has accomplished are in the stat sheets, and up until a few weeks ago, everyone here loved the guy.

Dapper Dan
12-27-2015, 04:37 PM
There are analytical stats used in sports that are as complex and as useful as the business world stats. Go to the sports section on five-thirtyeight sometime. It's dope.

But let's be honest, fans are butthurt with DT and it's easy to just disregard all of his accomplishments in a sweeping manner. A lot of what he has accomplished are in the stat sheets, and up until a few weeks ago, everyone here loved the guy.

They also hated him in the first 2 seasons because he was "made of glass".

Poet
12-27-2015, 04:38 PM
They also hated him in the first 2 seasons because he was "made of glass".

Yeah, he was snakebitten with injuries. I do recall at one point people stating that his career was over due to the achilles.

Northman
12-27-2015, 04:40 PM

Well, thats not accurate. People acknowledge he is a good receiver and its quite ok to criticize him for bad play. I think the real butthurt comes from people who simply cant handle negative comments about any player.

Poet
12-27-2015, 04:47 PM
Well, thats not accurate. People acknowledge he is a good receiver and its quite ok to criticize him for bad play. I think the real butthurt comes from people who simply cant handle negative comments about any player.

Eh. They comments about DT are that he's a *****, soft, has no heart, doesn't care. This is literally only because of the past several games, and the comments are shortsighted and petty at best. To take issue with them isn't to be unable to handle negative comments about a player; it is, however, to take issue with comments that are severely out of whack about a guy who has done a lot of the Broncos.

Northman
12-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Eh. They comments about DT are that he's a *****, soft, has no heart, doesn't care. This is literally only because of the past several games, and the comments are shortsighted and petty at best. To take issue with them isn't to be unable to handle negative comments about a player; it is, however, to take issue with comments that are severely out of whack about a guy who has done a lot of the Broncos.

Bwhahaaha, to be fair dude you are EXACTLY the same with Dalton and Green. When you have a player who is supposed to be THE man and he is making mistake after mistake he deserves the criticism regardless of talent potential. I mean, Decker did a SHIT TON for the Broncos and it didnt stop people from bashing the guy. I mean, if your going to try and call it one way call it all the way dude. Come on now.

Poet
12-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Bwhahaaha, to be fair dude you are EXACTLY the same with Dalton and Green. When you have a player who is supposed to be THE man and he is making mistake after mistake he deserves the criticism regardless of talent potential. I mean, Decker did a SHIT TON for the Broncos and it didnt stop people from bashing the guy. I mean, if your going to try and call it one way call it all the way dude. Come on now.

I have said time and time again that some of the same issues DT has are the same ones that Green has, and that if the switch occurred it would be the same thing. Of course I do the same thing, I'm a fan. But to try to hit me with the hypocrite card is stupid because A. It's not like there are other Bengal fans here making the counter-arguments B. If I'm a hypocrite, but I'm still correct, then isn't it like a smoker telling kids not to smoke (it is) C. I also made a lot of points talking about how Dalton wasn't the sole reason why we lost playoff games and I questioned his ability, not his intangibles D. It sounds like you know I'm right and you're looking for a way out. E. None of this matters in regards to who, or which side is butthurt. F. In the spirit of the letter, go **** yourself :D

BroncoWave
12-27-2015, 05:07 PM
I have said time and time again that some of the same issues DT has are the same ones that Green has, and that if the switch occurred it would be the same thing. Of course I do the same thing, I'm a fan. But to try to hit me with the hypocrite card is stupid because A. It's not like there are other Bengal fans here making the counter-arguments B. If I'm a hypocrite, but I'm still correct, then isn't it like a smoker telling kids not to smoke (it is) C. I also made a lot of points talking about how Dalton wasn't the sole reason why we lost playoff games and I questioned his ability, not his intangibles D. It sounds like you know I'm right and you're looking for a way out. E. None of this matters in regards to who, or which side is butthurt. F. In the spirit of the letter, go **** yourself :D

G. #gohomenorth
H. #hailtotheking
I. #Ijustwatchednorthgetstyledon

Northman
12-27-2015, 05:21 PM

You sound pretty butthurt....

Poet
12-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Oh come on.

Valar Morghulis
12-27-2015, 05:32 PM

I dont think this is true - when it came to his payday - many were on the fence about his worth - drops were a problem last year as well - his first season was a write off - his second (with the excpetion of the walk off td against the steelers) was OK - i think until Tebow took over and required shorter routes/completions and more yds after the catch, Decker was putting up better numbers and running the better routes, the next two years were amazing, but the last year and half have been good - but not worth 40+ million guaranteed contract.

Poet
12-27-2015, 05:37 PM
I dont think this is true - when it came to his payday - many were on the fence about his worth - drops were a problem last year as well - his first season was a write off - his second (with the excpetion of the walk off td against the steelers) was OK - i think until Tebow took over and required shorter routes/completions and more yds after the catch, Decker was putting up better numbers and running the better routes, the next two years were amazing, but the last year and half have been good - but not worth 40+ million guaranteed contract.

I don't think you are correct, and since we're talking about the perception of the board it's going to be hard for one of us to be proven to be correct. So, I'll default into assuming that you're correct.

Valar Morghulis
12-27-2015, 05:41 PM
I don't think you are correct, and since we're talking about the perception of the board it's going to be hard for one of us to be proven to be correct. So, I'll default into assuming that you're correct.

i may be an ass - but i am always happy to acknowledge when i am wrong - plus i have been drinking, so i am almost certainly talking shite

Poet
12-27-2015, 05:47 PM
i may be an ass - but i am always happy to acknowledge when i am wrong - plus i have been drinking, so i am almost certainly talking shite

It is also hard to characterize an entire board.

OrangeFanatic
12-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Unless he has a drop free, fumble free game with great numbers the next two games and into the playoffs, we need to trade him.

Dapper Dan
12-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Bunch a Josh McDaniels wannabes..

Northman
12-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Oh look, Diaper Dan trying to play! lmao

Dapper Dan
12-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Bruh, I don't play games.

Northman
12-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Bruh, I don't play games.

#Dappernofunzone
#serioushottakes

Dapper Dan
12-27-2015, 06:00 PM
#Dappernofunzone
#serioushottakes

Every time one of you ******s says hot takes, I start craving some hot cakes.

BroncoWave
12-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Oh look, Diaper Dan trying to play! lmao

I mean, he's right. You guys have bitched for 5 years about how McD "shipped off all our talent" and now you want to ship off one of our most talent players. Dan is on point.

OrangeFanatic
12-27-2015, 06:07 PM
I mean, he's right. You guys have bitched for 5 years about how McD "shipped off all our talent" and now you want to ship off one of our most talent players. Dan is on point.

He is a top talent when he ACTUALLY catches the ball in critical situations and DOESN'T fumble it on the one yard line. Making critical plays in clutch situations separates the good from the GREAT. We are paying him to be GREAT not just good...

Valar Morghulis
12-27-2015, 06:12 PM
We are paying him to be GREAT not just good...

This.

Its just a shame in another thread you disclosed you believed you had the capability to lead the record setting offence and could have farted the ball with a greater velocity than peypey could throw it. That sort of detracts from the awesomeness of this statement!

Dapper Dan
12-27-2015, 06:12 PM
He is a top talent when he ACTUALLY catches the ball in critical situations and DOESN'T fumble it on the one yard line. Making critical plays in clutch situations separates the good from the GREAT. We are paying him to be GREAT not just good...

Mmm. I bet you can catch some balls in that nice hole of yours.

Dapper Dan
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
This.

Its just a shame in another thread you disclosed you believed you had the capability to lead the record setting offence and could have farted the ball with a greater velocity than peypey could throw it. That sort of detracts from the awesomeness of this statement!

Or maybe we are just back-paying him for great play.

Valar Morghulis
12-27-2015, 06:15 PM

It would be nice if this were how it worked!

Northman
12-27-2015, 06:15 PM

Not really.

McD shipped talent without A) Seeing what he could do with it (Cutler), and B) because he was childish and couldnt get along with said players. Not because he was overpaying a player who was not living up to the contract.

Now, let me be clear here because i know some people are slow on here. While i would love to have Decker here over DT (something that i would of taken before Decker left) i realize that its just not plausible and i know that Denver simply will not do it unless DT just has a massive meltdown beyond his current sucking.

So the shipping of talent from McD to just disgruntled fans is vastly different here.

Northman
12-27-2015, 06:17 PM

I think its supposed to be both. You reward the player for playing well under the initial contract but then you give him more because you come to an agreement that he is going to be the clutch player you believe him to be.

OrangeFanatic
12-27-2015, 06:33 PM

Yeah unfortunately I sometimes make statements based on emotion rather than logic.

Valar Morghulis
12-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Yeah unfortunately I sometimes make statements based on emotion rather than logic.

we all do mate - yours was just particularly extreme!

It was so extreme, i wanted to add it to my signature block!

Simple Jaded
12-27-2015, 09:51 PM
I can make better music with my ass than dubstep.

artie_dale
12-28-2015, 02:15 PM
I would not actively try to trade him, but I would listen to offers

Joe Thomas, this year's first and Josh Gordon for example would be too good to turn down.

In reality I would be happy with a high pick this year in the first, some experience either at running back (maybe a one but runner like Murray) or a good tackle. Maybe a third as well depending on the quality of the players we were offered.

What about you?

I'm way tardy on this but if I had to entertain an offer, I'd consider trading DT to AZ for a good lineman & David Johnson (RB).

The reason I thought of this trade was, our defense is spectacular but we have no running game to compliment it. People have made comparisons to the 2000-2001 Ravens' defense. I honestly believe the missing link a good running on this current Broncos team. That SB winning Ravens team had a rookie by the name of Jamal Lewis. He ran for over 1,350 yds, 6 TDs, and almost 300 yds rcving. His success running the ball when the crappy offense had the ball, allowed their defense to catch breaks between defensive stops. Our offense on the other hand, like it did in the 2nd half against the Steelers, had too many 3 and outs, which wore our defense out eventually, and they gave up the huge lead.

Having a run first offense is only fine, if it is a good run offense that is complimented by a strong defense. This current Broncos team is proof that you cannot win with a great defense unless it has a good run offense (Seattle had Marshawn during their SB run). Just my two cents.

TimHippo
12-28-2015, 02:18 PM
It's amazing how fickle some of you are. Trashing DT and trying to trade him when he is one of our best players.

OrangeFanatic
12-28-2015, 02:22 PM
It's amazing how fickle some of you are. Trashing DT and trying to trade him when he is one of our best players.

We will stop trashing him when he is not one of our highest paid players that continues to drop passes and fumbles in some of the most crucial parts of the game.

Dapper Dan
12-28-2015, 02:57 PM
It's silly how often people bring up draft position and salary when grading a player.

aberdien
12-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Can't wait until DT torches the Bengals tonight.

Dapper Dan
12-28-2015, 03:07 PM

Yeah, but will he torch them enough to make up for his contract?

BroncoTech
12-28-2015, 03:18 PM
I would trade him for a bag of those HGH's for Peyton.

Northman
12-28-2015, 04:08 PM

I would be happy if he just catches a pass.

Poet
12-28-2015, 04:11 PM

He's going to bumfuzzle DKP. Sanders will probably eat on an ailing Pacman. It's going to be hell.

chazoe60
12-28-2015, 04:29 PM
One more drop in a big moment and I might be willing to trade him for a ham sammich, but I ******* love ham sammiches.

Poet
12-28-2015, 04:32 PM
One more drop in a big moment and I might be willing to trade him for a ham sammich, but I ******* love ham sammiches.

I think he could have a 1800 yard season with 20 TD's and a solid steak would get him killed.

Dapper Dan
12-28-2015, 05:38 PM
I would be happy if he just catches a pass.

Then you must be pretty happy with him so far.

Northman
12-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Then you must be pretty happy with him so far.

Not lately. Guess he forgot how to play.

Dapper Dan
12-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Not lately. Guess he forgot how to play.

You'd be happy if he just catches a pass. He's caught quite a few.

Northman
12-28-2015, 05:50 PM
You'd be happy if he just catches a pass. He's caught quite a few.

I love how you like to argue for the sake of arguing. Your quite aware of what im referring to. But carry on with your trolling.

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2015, 05:54 PM
I love how you like to argue for the sake of arguing. Your quite aware of what im referring to. But carry on with your trolling.

North just got his cok out, and pissed all over diaper dan

Northman
12-28-2015, 06:00 PM
North just got his cok out, and pissed all over diaper dan

Not really, i just find it funny when he starts trying to play stupid games. He's managed to pick up that bad habit as of late from another poster on this forum. It is what it is though.

Dapper Dan
12-28-2015, 06:15 PM

How is that trolling? Maybe you shouldn't say dumb shit and I won't call you out on it. You want to make an ignorant hyperbolic statement implying that our #1 wide receiver can't catch a pass. He can. And he's caught several. So if you don't want to be treated like an idiot, don't be one.

You're starting to act like...well..you.

BroncoWave
12-28-2015, 06:16 PM
:popcorn:

GEM
12-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Ok boys....put your dicks away...pissing contest is over. Maybe you could go have it in the lounge instead.

Heathens. :D

BroncoWave
12-28-2015, 06:19 PM
GEM why do you always have to be such a fun-spoiler?

BroncoJoe
12-28-2015, 06:20 PM
Ok boys....put your dicks away...pissing contest is over. Maybe you could go have it in the lounge instead.

Heathens. :D

Party pooper!

I just finished microwaving popcorn!

Northman
How is that trolling? Maybe you shouldn't say dumb shit and I won't call you out on it. You want to make an ignorant hyperbolic statement implying that our #1 wide receiver can't catch a pass. He can. And he's caught several. So if you don't want to be treated like an idiot, don't be one.

You're starting to act like...well..you.

You mean i cant use sarcasm on this site? Please. Get over yourself dude. lol

Dapper Dan
You're so damn miserable. You hate DT. You hate Peyton. You hated Knowshon. Maybe you should find a team with players you do like, the goddamn Patriots.

I'm done with this. Any discussion about traded a player like DT is ******* ridiculous. I'm done.

GEM
GEM why do you always have to be such a fun-spoiler?

It's not like anyone is listening anyways. :laugh:

Northman
12-28-2015, 06:21 PM
i'm done with this. Any discussion about traded a player like dt is ******* ridiculous. I'm done.

thank the ******* lord.

chazoe60
12-28-2015, 06:21 PM
DBFan is the chief of the fan police.

BroncoWave
12-28-2015, 06:23 PM
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/random-ness/images/3/34/Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif/revision/latest?cb=20120402225423

GEM
12-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Yea...well....BJoe has a bigger mullet than Buff.

:D

I just wanted to get in on the talkin shit to/about each other.

Poet
12-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Everyone sucks - Jesus.

Northman
12-28-2015, 06:25 PM
DBFan is the chief of the fan police.

I forgot that we cant say anything negatively about players on the team and have to have our noses stuck up their asses 24/7.

BroncoJoe
Yea...well....BJoe has a bigger mullet than Buff.

:D

I just wanted to get in on the talkin shit to/about each other.

I only wish I could grow a mullet. :sad:

Poet
I only wish I could grow a mullet. :sad:

Crotchmullet Joe!

BroncoJoe
12-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Crotchmullet Joe!

That's a given.

Poet
12-28-2015, 06:29 PM
I thought that DB had made some good arguments, and was only responding to North's (purposeful) exaggeration with an equally outlandish statement.

But Joe is rumored to have a Crotchmullet. I have a source.

The source is Joe!

chazoe60
12-28-2015, 06:34 PM
I thought that DB had made some good arguments, and was only responding to North's (purposeful) exaggeration with an equally outlandish statement.

But Joe is rumored to have a Crotchmullet. I have a source.

The source is Joe's crotch, I looked it right in the eye

Gross

Northman
12-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Oh, and for the record since a certain someone has a short memory. Ive been positive about Oz, ive been positive about Sanders, ive been positive about our defense, and unlike most of the yokels i have at least been somewhat positive with some of the problems with the Oline. Thats not including the turnaround i had on Moreno after being hard on him early in his career. So no, im not miserable. I just call shit the way i see it and no player is immune from criticism if they play like shit.

*drops mic*

Poet
12-28-2015, 06:40 PM
Oh, and for the record since a certain someone has a short memory. Ive been positive about Oz, ive been positive about Sanders, ive been positive about our defense, and unlike most of the yokels i have at least been somewhat positive with some of the problems with the Oline. Thats not including the turnaround i had on Moreno after being hard on him early in his career. So no, im not miserable. I just call shit the way i see it and no player is immune from criticism if they play like shit.

*drops mic*

People are allowed to change their opinions. That would be a most boring world were it untrue.

Poet
12-28-2015, 06:41 PM
Gross

Knock, Knock.

Northman
12-28-2015, 06:42 PM
People are allowed to change their opinions. That would be a most boring world were it untrue.

Well, apparently not. lmao

Poet
12-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Well, apparently not. lmao

It's important to realize that some posts have an expiration date. No one should ever take a post someone makes during a game, or right after a game, seriously. Don't do it. Some of my post game Dalton posts are legendary. The ones a few days later, not legendary, but less emotional and more substantive. However, those latter posts not nearly as funny as the first ones.

Northman
12-28-2015, 06:47 PM
It's important to realize that some posts have an expiration date. No one should ever take a post someone makes during a game, or right after a game, seriously. Don't do it. Some of my post game Dalton posts are legendary. The ones a few days later, not legendary, but less emotional and more substantive. However, those latter posts not nearly as funny as the first ones.

Absolutely.

Im still waiting for people to turn their opinions around on Decker though. Time is ticking......

Poet
12-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Absolutely.

Im still waiting for people to turn their opinions around on Decker though. Time is ticking......

He's clearly proven he's a good player. I think he's improved and were he to somehow be on a team like the older Denver ones again his numbers might be redonk.

MOtorboat
12-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Thomas had more touchdowns than drops against Pittsburgh.

GEM
12-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Absolutely.

Nah, my opinion still stands....I want in his pants. :D

Poet
12-28-2015, 06:53 PM

You would break that boy.

Northman
12-28-2015, 06:57 PM

You and Missy both.

But if that happens i want a shot at Jesse while you two are mauling him. lol

Poet
12-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Broncos orgy. Good lord.

GEM
12-28-2015, 07:01 PM
You would break that boy.

I don't think so, his wife seems to be a wild one. :heh:

Poet
12-28-2015, 07:04 PM
I don't think so, his wife seems to be a wild one. :heh:

You might **** around and break her, too.

GEM
12-28-2015, 07:11 PM
You might **** around and break her, too.

:laugh: Oh damn!! :lol:

Simple Jaded
12-28-2015, 07:48 PM
Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

Poet
12-28-2015, 07:49 PM
Who's there?

This joke isn't for you. Turn back!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-28-2015, 07:49 PM

:laugh:

TimHippo
12-29-2015, 12:27 AM
DT looked fine to me. Use guys still want to trade him?

Ravage!!!
12-29-2015, 12:38 AM
DT looked fine to me. Use guys still want to trade him?

Brock looked fine to me. You still want to let him walk?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-29-2015, 12:39 AM

Oh snap!

MOtorboat
12-29-2015, 12:42 AM

He also thinks McCarron sucks because of where he was drafted. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Poet
12-29-2015, 12:45 AM
He also thinks McCarron sucks because of where he was drafted. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Dalton was a second rounder. He's a pretty good player. Wilson looks like he's a borderline Pro Bowler, albeit he will always be overrated. Brees was teh 32nd pick overall, a second rounder because a team lost their draft pick, and could have easily been a second rounder, too. McCarron at least looks like he's going to be a solid player. Cousins is starting to play well. Schaub was a pretty good player, too. Brock looks pretty good.

It's a myth that you HAVE to have an elite talent QB who is a first rounder to get it done. Especially since so many takes gamble on borderline guys because they need a QB. Oh, Fitzpatrick is a solid player.

TimHippo
12-29-2015, 12:46 AM

This is the DT thread, ravage. I don't see brocks name in the title. I looked but it's not there.

NightTerror218
12-29-2015, 12:46 AM
DT'S one handed catch says this is why you pay me.

And big catch against NE.

BroncoWave
12-29-2015, 12:47 AM
Holy shit Ravage just owned somebody. Never thought I'd see the day! :D

GEM
12-29-2015, 01:29 AM

Does he ever?

Simple Jaded
12-29-2015, 02:01 AM

This joke isn't for you. Turn back! Who?

Poet
12-29-2015, 02:11 AM
This joke isn't for you. Turn back! Who?

Hey. **** you, man. **** you and your...I don't mean that...

Northman
12-29-2015, 06:58 AM
DT'S one handed catch says this is why you pay me.

And big catch against NE.

I wish he would of one handed caught passes against Oakland and Pitt.

Timmy!
12-29-2015, 02:23 PM
:lol:

#couchgmfail

TimHippo
01-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Demaryius Thomas 6-3 230 lbs 3x pro bowler 4.38 40 34 Wonderlic (2nd highest WR)
LOL, at wanting to trade the guy.

BroncoJoe
01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Demaryius Thomas 6-3 230 lbs 3x pro bowler 4.38 40 34 Wonderlic (2nd highest WR)
LOL, at wanting to trade the guy.

Now we're bringing in the wonderlic score?

Good grief.

TimHippo
01-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Now we're bringing in the wonderlic score?

Good grief.

Average wonderlich for a wr is 17. DT doubled that score at 34. Very smart.
Qb average is 24.

MOtorboat
01-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Derp.

BroncoJoe
01-04-2016, 04:38 PM
It's been claimed that the 49'ers selected Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers because of their Wonderlick scores. Seems like a REALLY smart move.

Frank Gore scored one of the lowest ever.

A punter scored a perfect 50. Ryan Fitzpatrick scored the 3rd or 4th highest ever.

Cool. Means NOTHING, and as usual you bring zero to any actual football discussion.

Mike
01-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Average wonderlich for a wr is 17. DT doubled that score at 34. Very smart.
Qb average is 24.

Not that I want to trade DT, but do those numbers mean squat on his ability to catch a ball? I don't care how smart he is, run good routes and catch the ball.

There is no denying that his play has been disappointing this year.

MOtorboat
01-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Not that I want to trade DT, but do those numbers mean squat on his ability to catch a ball? I don't care how smart he is, run good routes and catch the ball.

There is no denying that his play has been disappointing this year.

I would dispute that outside of 1 game.

The guy just did something only Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison accomplished.

I agree about Hippo's comments. The comments are pretty stupid, no one cares about his draft numbers six years later.

BroncoJoe
01-04-2016, 05:39 PM
I would dispute that outside of 1 game.

The guy just did something only Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison accomplished.

I agree about Hippo's comments. The comments are pretty stupid, no one cares about his draft numbers six years later.

Wait - you agree with Hippo or you agree with those bashing his clear lack of football knowledge?

That said, you can trade DT over my dead body. He will make whoever is our QB next year. Along with Sanders.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2016, 05:43 PM
If we trade DT I will throw a sophomoric tirade rivaled only by Nancy Pelosi.

MOtorboat
01-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Wait - you agree with Hippo or you agree with those bashing his clear lack of football knowledge?

That said, you can trade DT over my dead body. He will make whoever is our QB next year. Along with Sanders.

I disagree about Thomas having a disappointing year.

I agree that Hippo's comments are dumb and are probably flame bait at this point.

TXBRONC
01-04-2016, 07:26 PM
If we trade DT I will throw a sophomoric tirade rivaled only by Nancy Pelosi.

I bet you would give us a performance worthy of an Oscar.

Timmy!
01-04-2016, 08:49 PM
SR needs to hurry up and send me his DT jersey already.

pulse
01-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Sure, DT had a down year in scoring. But that stat can be attributed to Manning's health at the beginning of the season, playing in a semi-new offense and having an inexperenced QB the second half of the season. Clearly, DT's presence on the field makes a huge difference though. He has too many Pro Bowl years left in him. I dare say we must find a way to keep him within reason. If he takes a realistic contract, we can afford to keep Osweiler, add to the line, and he'll be able to stay in Denver and still be explosive. Whoever takes over, Osweiler or someone entirely different will have a much better go of it with him on the field the next 3-5 years. He's too great a playmaker and too great a need to trade.

MOtorboat
01-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Sure, DT had a down year in scoring. But that stat can be attributed to Manning's health at the beginning of the season, playing in a semi-new offense and having an inexperenced QB the second half of the season. Clearly, DT's presence on the field makes a huge difference though. He has too many Pro Bowl years left in him. I dare say we must find a way to keep him within reason. If he takes a realistic contract, we can afford to keep Osweiler, add to the line, and he'll be able to stay in Denver and still be explosive. Whoever takes over, Osweiler or someone entirely different will have a much better go of it with him on the field the next 3-5 years. He's too great a playmaker and too great a need to trade.

He's signed through 2019.

pulse
01-04-2016, 10:01 PM
He's signed through 2019. Awesome. Just don't trade him. I don't know why I thought we had to resign both he and Osweiler. Derp derp...

Poet
01-04-2016, 10:41 PM
It's also worth noting that D.T. makes the life of Sanders easier, not vice versa.

Simple Jaded
01-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Ronnie. Stanley.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2016, 10:56 PM
It's also worth noting that D.T. makes the life of Sanders easier, not vice versa.

Exactly...single coverage against the #2 corner.

broncobryce
01-04-2016, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't trade him, period. Did you miss that long ass TD run after a ten yard catch on Sunday? Not many guys are capable of that. Enjoy it.

Simple Jaded
01-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Ya'll act like trading great players is so bad.

Lancane
01-04-2016, 11:50 PM
Trading Ryan Clady to a team for a 4th Round Pick and a possible pick the following draft depending on how he plays or if he does not play makes sense. Trading Demaryius Thomas a year after signing a big deal when the offense has struggled to find an identity and he still puts up big numbers would be rather stupid. If he continues to struggle then you can look at that option, but for now you give it another year to see if it was because of other factors.

Poet
01-05-2016, 02:59 AM
In his worst year sans his first two -which were injury riddled and with less than stellar cast around him- he has 100 catches and 1200 yards. 100 catches typically shows a WR is an all-around stud.

1200 yards shows the player is doing more than getting just enough yardage to matter week in and week out. The only real concern is that his TD total is down. But Manning was awful for most of the year, and DT went on a dry-spell for awhile. It happens to most players. Sometimes we look too hard on issues and it forces us to form harsh opinions. Have faith.

TXBRONC
01-05-2016, 09:40 AM
The offense has an identity but it just doesn't get to shine through all the time because of poor offensive line and quarterback execution at times.

Ravage!!!
01-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Mmmmm... not sure I would agree to this. Meaning, they feed off one another. DT would absolutely have a harder time had their been a Caldwell as our only #2 WR

TXBRONC
01-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Mmmmm... not sure I would agree to this. Meaning, they feed off one another. DT would absolutely have a harder time had their been a Caldwell as our only #2 WR

I agree he would have had a harder time. He still would have been very production. If the roles were reversed and Thomas was the one gone I'm not so sure Sanders wouldn't take a great hit.

Poet
01-05-2016, 06:50 PM

What happens to Sanders if he is the number one and Caldwell is the number two? A real number one's impact on a real number two is usually greater than vice versa.

Ravage!!!
01-06-2016, 12:49 PM
What happens to Sanders if he is the number one and Caldwell is the number two? A real number one's impact on a real number two is usually greater than vice versa.
DT has missed games, and Sanders has produced well.

I'm just saying that I think they feed off one another. We've seen Sanders take over a game. Now you can say "that's because of Thomas"..but, as I said, DT has missed games before. They aren't able to double DT as much with the deep threat of Sanders, and his ability to work outside the numbers.

I'm not saying that Sanders is a true #1, but he's one of the very top #2, and that absolutely makes it VERY hard to stop DT or to even try to "Take him out of the game." If/when DT disappears, Sanders has been able to move the chains. Because of the speed of Sanders, that puts the pressure on the defense to try and figure out which corner has to cover which WR when playing us. SOmetimes they could put their #1 CB on Thomas and try to bracket Sanders...or... put their #1 CB on Sanders, and try to bracket DT. But rarely are they able to simply take on our WRs 1-v-1, and that is because Sanders is so good.

If they try to put their #2 on Sanders 1-v-1, that's an awesome match-up for us. If the defense decides to bracket Sanders, then that's great for DT. If they try to put the #2 CB on DT while helping him with safety, that's a great match-up for Sanders. But there would not be these difficulties had our #2 been Caldwell.

TXBRONC
01-06-2016, 05:04 PM
DT has missed games, and Sanders has produced well.

I'm just saying that I think they feed off one another. We've seen Sanders take over a game. Now you can say "that's because of Thomas"..but, as I said, DT has missed games before. They aren't able to double DT as much with the deep threat of Sanders, and his ability to work outside the numbers.

I'm not saying that Sanders is a true #1, but he's one of the very top #2, and that absolutely makes it VERY hard to stop DT or to even try to "Take him out of the game." If/when DT disappears, Sanders has been able to move the chains. Because of the speed of Sanders, that puts the pressure on the defense to try and figure out which corner has to cover which WR when playing us. SOmetimes they could put their #1 CB on Thomas and try to bracket Sanders...or... put their #1 CB on Sanders, and try to bracket DT. But rarely are they able to simply take on our WRs 1-v-1, and that is because Sanders is so good.

If they try to put their #2 on Sanders 1-v-1, that's an awesome match-up for us. If the defense decides to bracket Sanders, then that's great for DT. If they try to put the #2 CB on DT while helping him with safety, that's a great match-up for Sanders. But there would not be these difficulties had our #2 been Caldwell.

Rav, Thomas hasn't missed a game since 2011. He's been out of line up here and there with dings but not entire games, quarters, or halves. I agree they compliment each other very well but Sanders would struggle more with Thomas gone that the other way around.