PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes, etc. - week 16 (Bengals week)

Denver Native (Carol)
12-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 5h

Broncos worked out DeAngelo Tyson, Dekoda Watson, Phil Taylor, Devon Still

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2015, 02:08 AM
Phil Taylor is unemployed? I'm surprised with Still as well

Magnificent Seven
12-23-2015, 02:36 AM
Get Devon Still!

VonDoom
12-23-2015, 11:43 AM
The Cincinnati Bengals will be without tight end Tyler Eifert (concussion) on Monday night against the Denver Broncos, NFL Media's Rand Getlin reports.

Eifert exited the Bengals' Week 14 loss to the Steelers after taking a hit from Steelers safety Mike Mitchell. He has since remained in concussion protocol.

Getlin adds that the Bengals are not eager to rush Eifert back and though nothing is definitive yet, there is a chance he won't be back in action until the playoffs.

So to be clear, this game is in Denver in prime time, and the Bengals will be without Dalton and Eifert. I mean, if we don't win this game, I don't know what to say.

Buff
12-23-2015, 11:59 AM
So to be clear, this game is in Denver in prime time, and the Bengals will be without Dalton and Eifert. I mean, if we don't win this game, I don't know what to say.

Even still, I'm not at all confident about this game. Would it really surprise anyone if Denver came out completely flat and laid another egg? Just seems like those last two losses are the types of losses that can wreck seasons and send a team into the tank. Hopefully that's not the case and the team is mentally tougher than that - but based on the last two second half performances - it seems like there is a crisis of confidence or something.

underrated29
12-23-2015, 12:03 PM

Shut down Jeremy and Gio. That simple. Id load 8-9 in the box and force AJ to beat Harris and Talib. I do not think he can and the run game will be voided out. Broncos roll to Victory!

underrated29
12-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Even still, I'm not at all confident about this game. Would it really surprise anyone if Denver came out completely flat and laid another egg? Just seems like those last two losses are the types of losses that can wreck seasons and send a team into the tank. Hopefully that's not the case and the team is mentally tougher than that - but based on the last two second half performances - it seems like there is a crisis of confidence or something.

I never thought we would lose this game, even with Dalton and Tyler. We went toe to toe with Pitts, in Pitts, with out our 3 starting safties (Bruton cant cover with a broken leg). We are only going to be getting stronger as we get guys back healthy. How exactly are the Bengals going to score points on us? AJ is a worse QB than peyton or Brock. I do not fear this game at all. It will be close, because our offense still doesnt have the Mojo but we will win.

Nomad
12-23-2015, 12:05 PM
I'd be surprised to see the BRONCOS lose to the Bengals.

Northman
12-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Phil Taylor is unemployed? I'm surprised with Still as well

Get Devon Still!

Why? The guy has 19 tackles in 3 years.

Northman
12-23-2015, 12:07 PM
I'd be surprised to see the BRONCOS lose to the Bengals.

You mean you werent surprised to see them lose to Oakland? lol

Nomad
12-23-2015, 12:08 PM
You mean you werent surprised to see them lose to Oakland? lol

You lost me, and not sure what you're getting at.....of course I was.

Northman
12-23-2015, 12:09 PM
You lost me, and not sure what you're getting at.....of course I was.

You said you would be surprised if we lost to the Bengals so i was confused by that statement. If anything Denver has shown they can beat anyone and lose to anyone so i dont think anyone should be surprised if we lose to anyone. If you get my drift.

Nomad
12-23-2015, 12:12 PM
You said you would be surprised if we lost to the Bengals so i was confused by that statement. If anything Denver has shown they can beat anyone and lose to anyone so i dont think anyone should be surprised if we lose to anyone. If you get my drift.

I treat any home game as a win, and yes, I'm surprised when they don't. That's the point of home field.

I see what you're saying.....that's like expecting to lose before the game starts, and getting mad because they lost regardless of how they lost....true.

Northman
12-23-2015, 12:19 PM
I see what you're saying.....that's like expecting to lose before the game starts, and getting mad because they lost regardless of how they lost....true.

Not really but i see you still havent gotten over that whole discussion. lmao

LawDog
12-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Not that anyone should be surprised, but Brock starting on Monday...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brock-Osweiler-to-remain-the-starter-Peyton-Manning-will-focus-on-rehab/38586e99-12f4-4d17-9205-6293dd8cf124

Nomad
12-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Not that anyone should be surprised, but Brock starting on Monday...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brock-Osweiler-to-remain-the-starter-Peyton-Manning-will-focus-on-rehab/38586e99-12f4-4d17-9205-6293dd8cf124

Kubiak is the only one that keeps us guessing. Doc has already said it'll be a lengthy process of healing.

VonDoom
12-23-2015, 12:36 PM

I agree. I would not at all be surprised if they lose. I've been so pissed off the last two weeks after blowing those leads. I read that between 1996 and 2014, we had blown double digit halftime leads twice. In the last two weeks, we've blown double digit halftime leads twice. Not acceptable.

Even after all that, we still have a (good) chance to be a number two seed if we take care of our own business. That starts this week.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Why? The guy has 19 tackles in 3 years.

Wasn't Phil Taylor an impact player for the Browns?

I'm not saying Still is a dominant player, but he does provide depth.

Slick
12-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Wasn't Phil Taylor an impact player for the Browns?

I'm not saying Still is a dominant player, but he does provide depth.

I noticed Phil wasn't signed a while back. His knees are toast, supposedly, Mr Mayor. At least that's what I read a few months ago. I was wondering why he wasn't on a team.

tomjonesrocks
12-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Not that anyone should be surprised, but Brock starting on Monday... http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brock-Osweiler-to-remain-the-starter-Peyton-Manning-will-focus-on-rehab/38586e99-12f4-4d17-9205-6293dd8cf124

On the record as saying this is very disappointing news.

VonDoom
12-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 19m19 minutes ago

The fact that Peyton Manning isn't practicing today is significant. It makes six days since he's done any on-field work. That's a setback.

Bart Hubbuch ‏@BartHubbuch 14m14 minutes ago

Not looking good for Cincinnati this week: The Bengals haven't won in Denver since "Jaws" was released. The original.

arapaho2
12-23-2015, 02:52 PM

you would rather see manning throwing 3-4 ints?

Northman
12-23-2015, 03:05 PM

You would rather put Manning out there still injured and throwing 3 picks a game?

Northman
12-23-2015, 03:06 PM
you would rather see manning throwing 3-4 ints?

Beat me to it. haha

Northman
12-23-2015, 03:09 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 19m19 minutes ago

The fact that Peyton Manning isn't practicing today is significant. It makes six days since he's done any on-field work. That's a setback.

Im not shocked at all. The type of injury Manning has is at the very minimum 12 weeks according to medical references ive seen. Manning technically should be done for the season so in my opinion only rushing him back out there will do more damage.

VonDoom
12-23-2015, 03:10 PM
Im not shocked at all. The type of injury Manning has is at the very minimum 12 weeks according to medical references ive seen. Manning technically should be done for the season so in my opinion only rushing him back out there will do more damage.

A week ago, it seemed like he was going to be back. At this point, though, I can't imagine him being considered "healthy" at any point this season.

Nomad
12-23-2015, 03:14 PM
It's good to hear Ward and Anderson are practicing.

Northman
12-23-2015, 03:15 PM
A week ago, it seemed like he was going to be back. At this point, though, I can't imagine him being considered "healthy" at any point this season.

Im sure a week ago it was starting to heal, but according to what i read if you dont allow the full time to let the injury heal than all you are going to do is re-aggravate it. I understand Denver wants him to play again this year but his injury isnt something that can be fixed in a couple of weeks. Maybe had they sat him for the rest of the regular season he could come back for the playoffs but now im thinking he's done for good.

VonDoom
12-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Im sure a week ago it was starting to heal, but according to what i read if you dont allow the full time to let the injury heal than all you are going to do is re-aggravate it. I understand Denver wants him to play again this year but his injury isnt something that can be fixed in a couple of weeks. Maybe had they sat him for the rest of the regular season he could come back for the playoffs but now im thinking he's done for good.

Right, I don't know that it would have been a GOOD idea to bring him back quickly. I'd leave that to the team and the doctors. I just figured if there was any chance he would have played, it would have come after he had gotten back into a practice routine. Having that cut short is not a good sign for him.

VonDoom
12-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 25m25 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak said Peyton Manning is doing some on-field work with conditioning coaches, but in the morning, not during practice.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 24m24 minutes ago

Kubiak said Peyton Manning has been working inside in the mornings. "Obviously Friday wasn't a good day."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 25m25 minutes ago

Kubiak on Manning: "We were taking the steps we felt were necessary last week and had a little hiccup. So we'll start the process again."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 23m23 minutes ago

Kubiak: "Brock is our starter moving forward. We're trying to get Peyton healthy."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22m22 minutes ago

Kubiak "we will miss David (Bruton). He's a leader on this team" #Broncos

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 21m21 minutes ago

Kubiak said TJ Ward did individual, scout team reps. He made some good progress in the right direction.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 20m20 minutes ago

Kubiak on if he's addressed the drops in practice: "Yeah, we try to catch as many as we can."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 20m20 minutes ago

Kubiak said "guys know what is at stake this time of year" #broncos

VonDoom
12-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 14m14 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler said eye issue irritating and will see Dr today. Shoulder is ok "delay of naming the starter doesn't bother me one bit"

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 12m12 minutes ago

When asked if eye irration has an effect on his vision: "It's OK. I can see well enough to hit the open receiver."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 12m12 minutes ago

Broncos Osweiler "we need to play better in second half. It starts with me. I need to play better and I will ."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Osweiler said that today's practice "was maybe one of the best" of the season to date.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

#broncos Osweiler said will celebrate Christmas by taking gifts to kids at Children Hospital. He has performed acts of kindness for years

VonDoom
12-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 17m17 minutes ago

Aqib Talib on Cody Wallace's "dirty hit on David Bruton: " He got a slap on the wrist, but I guess that's how the league goes.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago

Talib upset that Wallace not suspended. Said if he got suspended for eye poke that Wallace definitely should have been. "It was dirty play"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 14m14 minutes ago

Talib said he wants to appeal his punishment again. Was only half joking. Not happy about Wallace only getting 23k fine #Broncos

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 7m7 minutes ago

Bruton on Wallace fine: "I'm glad he got something."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

#broncos CJ Anderson said "don't blame coaches. It's on us to execute. I play my role. I didn't make the plays i had"

Denver Native (Carol)
12-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 21m

Spoke to David Bruton. Happy to hear Wallace got fined (23k), but still feels it deserved a suspension.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-23-2015, 04:21 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 21m

#broncos CJ Anderson said "don't blame coaches. It's on us to execute. I play my role. I didn't make the plays i had"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 47m

#broncos have not placed Manning on IR bc sill chance he returns. But right now he's not healthy enough to play

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 53m

Broncos Osweiler "we need to play better in second half. It starts with me. I need to play better and I will ."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2h

#broncos TJ Ward practicing today. Darian Stewart watching. CJ Anderson practicing

Northman
12-23-2015, 04:31 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 21m

Spoke to David Bruton. Happy to hear Wallace got fined (23k), but still feels it deserved a suspension.

I agree with David.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2015, 03:44 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With Bing Crosby's Mele Kalikimaka providing images of palm trees -- or perhaps Clark Griswold's dream sequence in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation -- the Broncos began their second practice of the week in advance of next Monday's game against Cincinnati.

For a second consecutive day, the Broncos practiced with T.J. Ward working at safety. Ward took part in individual and scout-team work Wednesday and was working with his fellow first-team defensive backs as Thursday's practice began.

Darian Stewart remained on the sideline. He has not practiced since injuring his hamstring late in the Dec. 13 loss to Oakland.

Also watching practice from the sideline was ILB Todd Davis, who has missed both days of work so far this week because of a shoulder injury.

Safety Omar Bolden (hamstring) and quarterback Peyton Manning (torn plantar fascia) were the only Broncos players not on the field when Thursday's practice began.

Quarterback Brock Osweiler was also practicing; he's dealing with a bruised shoulder and an eye infection, but he said Wednesday that neither affected him during his first day of practice this week.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Update-TJ-Ward-practices-again/a4e59b8e-f834-4949-ae9b-ec379ba2c1b8

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

Manning had good workout today with Kubiak in attendance..He threw, worked out..Kubiak not looking ahead to what it might mean for next wk

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m

Omar Bolden ruled out for game

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31m

Kubiak plyrs. "understand what's going on...they know the things they've got to clean up," but wants them to be free & loose; says they are.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 32m

Kubiak, on Manning: "We had a good week. Let's go from there."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 33m

Kubiak: Manning had a "really good week" of workouts.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 33m

Kubiak said Manning's throwing session today was "really good ... worked really hard this morning conditioning-wide & throwing-wise."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 34m

Bolden, Manning out for #CINvsDEN. Davis, Ward and Stewart questionable. All others on the injury report are probable.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Denver Broncos Verified account
‏@Broncos

.@bosweiler17 takes his turn across from Jon Gruden on Friday on the @ESPNMondayNight bus.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2015, 06:24 PM
1-on-1 with ESPN's Jon Gruden

Broncos TV's Phil Milani gets aboard the Monday Night Football bus to talk with ESPN's Jon Gruden about Brock Osweiler's presence, M&M's and the possibility of a return to the sidelines.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/1-on-1-with-ESPNs-Jon-Gruden/e86527a6-c12d-4762-b5f2-d0a1d3278ed6

Poet
12-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Enjoy the win.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Enjoy the win.

I unjinx your jinx!!!

Congratulations on the great performance by your defense tomorrow.

Poet
12-26-2015, 07:16 PM
I unjinx your jinx!!!

Congratulations on the great performance by your defense tomorrow.

It's not a jinx. We're sending in a third game QB against the best defense in the game. Talib is going to wreck Green. Green struggles with elite corners and that's why he isn't top five to me. Harris is going to embarrass Marvin Jones. Our running game is stalling out. Our secondary is still beat to shit. The Bengals are just sort of coasting right now. We lose to Denver, we beat Baltimore, we win the division, we get Pittsburgh in the WC game and we either come back as a healthy team and beat the bullies or we don't. It's that simple.

So enjoy the win.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 07:23 PM
It's not a jinx. We're sending in a third game QB against the best defense in the game. Talib is going to wreck Green. Green struggles with elite corners and that's why he isn't top five to me. Harris is going to embarrass Marvin Jones. Our running game is stalling out. Our secondary is still beat to shit. The Bengals are just sort of coasting right now. We lose to Denver, we beat Baltimore, we win the division, we get Pittsburgh in the WC game and we either come back as a healthy team and beat the bullies or we don't. It's that simple.

So enjoy the win.

That makes sense, but as you can understand I had to cover my bases. :)

Poet
12-26-2015, 07:33 PM
That makes sense, but as you can understand I had to cover my bases. :)

I only do the 'jinx' thing when its in a thread that Mo lurks in. He loves un-jinxing things.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 07:58 PM
I wish I could influence the outcome of sporting events through my use of language on a online message board.

Poet
12-26-2015, 07:59 PM
I wish I could influence the outcome of sporting events through my use of language on a online message board.

I can.