PDA

View Full Version : Face it Broncos Fans, We're Screwed.

Pages : [1] 2

spikerman
12-20-2015, 09:20 PM
These past couple of games have proven that Kubiak is not an NFL-caliber head coach, but he's Elway's boy so he'll be here for the foreseeable future since Elway will never fire him. We have a long period of futility ahead of us.

Davii
12-20-2015, 09:21 PM
I refuse to believe this. If Kubiak doesn't get this team going in the right direction he will be out.

chazoe60
12-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Elway is part of the problem too guys. The OL he put together is down right hideous and bringing Manning back was a big mistake.

Northman
12-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Elway is part of the problem too guys. The OL he put together is down right hideous and bringing Manning back was a big mistake.

Thats true to.

aberdien
12-20-2015, 09:32 PM
He'll get all of next year to prove himself.

BroncoWave
12-20-2015, 09:39 PM
So I missed the vast majority of the second half so I'm not going to really comment on much regarding the game, but what I've gathered from reading the board is that it's time to get rid of Brock, Kubes, Elway, and probably also Thunder while we're at it. Cool.

Mike
12-20-2015, 09:40 PM
So I missed the vast majority of the second half so I'm not going to really comment on much regarding the game, but what I've gathered from reading the board is that it's time to get rid of Brock, Kubes, Elway, and probably also Thunder while we're at it. Cool.

How could you forget Colquitt?

spikerman
12-20-2015, 09:40 PM
These past couple of games have proven that Kubiak is not an NFL-caliber head coach, but he's Elway's boy so he'll be here for the foreseeable future since Elway will never fire him. We have a long period of futility ahead of us.

Just wait until you see it before you dismiss it.

BroncoWave
12-20-2015, 09:41 PM

That's just a given at this point. Will be a joke if he has a job for Denver next year.

Davii
12-20-2015, 09:41 PM

That guy needs to be cut. There ARE punters available that could do better.

BroncoWave
12-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Just wait until you see it before you dismiss it.

I'm not necessarily dismissing it, but we are still in position to win 2 home games that we will be favored in and get the 2 seed. If we lose one or both of those, I might reconsider jumping on the "fire everyone" bandwagon. I'm still going to wait it out though.

BroncoJoe
12-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Good grief.

BroncoWave
12-20-2015, 09:45 PM
This was just tweeted by Andrew Mason:

"Seven out of the last 10 Super Bowl winners lost at least two games in December."

I agree it's looking bleak right now, but all hope is not lost. We have seen teams look like shit in December then get hot and win a title. You never know.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 09:46 PM
#6outof10

tomjonesrocks
12-20-2015, 09:48 PM

This was replied to but it's easy to have this point and be smug until you've seen it.

I'm going to re-watch this game again just to see if what I saw the first time on Brock was legit.

I saw a guy who shit his pants today.

Krugan
12-20-2015, 09:53 PM
The thing that makes me just sick, ****ign KC is on the verge of winning this division, and it shouldnt even be close.

BroncoWave
12-20-2015, 09:53 PM
This was replied to but it's easy to have this point and be smug until you've seen it.

I don't think I'm being smug. I'm totally willing to concede that everyone could be right and we might need to clean house, but I'm not going to go there yet. Again, we still control the 2 seed with 2 very winnable games. And like I said, I will be strongly be willing to reconsider this position if we lose one or both of these last two and fall to the wild card or out of the playoffs.

CrazyHorse
12-20-2015, 09:54 PM

Injuries are a part of that too. Our depth isn't very good though at the position.

So we keep Manning right?

BroncoWave
12-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Injuries are a part of that too. Our depth isn't very good though at the position.

So we keep Manning right?

Well that's a given too lol.

#Simean2016! :D

CrazyHorse
12-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Well that's a given too lol.

#Simean2016! :D

Ready to go Ape on the rest of the NFL.

tripp
12-20-2015, 10:20 PM
We're 2 wins away from getting a 1st round bye. :shocked:

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 10:26 PM
That's just a given at this point. Will be a joke if he has a job for Denver next year.

It's already a joke that he still has a job this year. He's terrible and hasn't been good since what, 2011?

CrazyHorse
12-20-2015, 10:28 PM

Also 2 losses away from missing the playoffs. I prefer to look at it with the glass half full mentality though. The Bengals won't have Dalton and the Chargers are terrible.

Dzone
12-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Kubiak was a loser in Houston and he hasnt changed one bit. Every bronco board has a fire kubiak thread going right now. That should tell you something lol

spikerman
12-21-2015, 07:36 AM
I'm not normally one to overreact, but when a team doesn't even show up for the 2nd half after dominating the first half for two games in a row it's obvious there's a coaching problem.

*EDIT - THREE games in a row.

Northman
12-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Its of little consequence. Kubiak is at the very least going to get one more year, i just dont see him being fired after one round in Denver.

EastCoastBronco
12-21-2015, 08:05 AM
I'm going to make a few assumptions based on what I've seen out of this team the past couple of weeks...

Gary Kubiak sucks at Chess and Risk.
Demarius Thomas got his money and really doesn't give a shit now.
Vernon Davis is scared of his own shadow, got his money and really doesn't give a shit now.
Demarius Thomas and Vernon Davis hang out in the influenza ward at the local hospital because they know the chances of catching anything are nil.

Hemanuel Sanders is the only "clutch" player we have on the offence.
Osweiler looked bad in the second half partially because he was forcing the ball to Sanders, the only "clutch" player we have on offence who didn't get "paid" and actually still gives a shit.

I feel bad for Wade Philips and the defence because they have played 95% of the second half for the past 3 games...and still kept us in games.
A "once in a decade" defence is a terrible thing to waste.

Northman
12-21-2015, 08:09 AM
I'm going to make a few assumptions based on what I've seen out of this team the past couple of weeks...

Vernon Davis is scared of his own shadow, got his money and really doesn't give a shit now.
Demarius Thomas and Vernon Davis hang out in the influenza ward at the local hospital because they know the chances of catching anything are nil.

Osweiler looked bad in the second half partially because he was forcing the ball to Sanders, the only "clutch" player we have on offence who didn't get "paid" and actually still gives a shit.

I feel bad for Wade Philips and the defence because they have played 95% of the second half for the past 3 games...and still kept us in games.

Nailed it

#ECBforPrez

elsid13
12-21-2015, 08:32 AM
Kubiak was a loser in Houston and he hasnt changed one bit. Every bronco board has a fire kubiak thread going right now. That should tell you something lol

It tells me that there are a lot of idiots on the "interwedz". First season and we are 10-4, with strong chance of winning the next two.

EastCoastBronco
12-21-2015, 08:34 AM
It tells me that there are a lot of idiots on the "interwedz". First season and we are 10-4, with strong chance of winning the next two.

The ONLY reason we are 10-4 is because of Wade Philips and that defence.
It's definitely NOT because of Kubiak.
Without that defence we are 4-10 at best.

OrangeFanatic
12-21-2015, 08:42 AM

Sad but soooo true.

spikerman
12-21-2015, 08:53 AM
The ONLY reason we are 10-4 is because of Wade Philips and that defence.
It's definitely NOT because of Kubiak.
Without that defence we are 4-10 at best.

And let's not forget that Wade wasn't even the first choice; Vance Joseph was.

Dzone
12-21-2015, 09:04 AM
And let's not forget that Wade wasn't even the first choice; Vance Joseph was.

Hope Vance Joseph still wants to come here. Elway should call him as soon as the season is over

spikerman
12-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Hope Vance Joseph still wants to come here. Elway should call him as soon as the season is over

I think Wade has done a great job. I say keep him and look to upgrade everyone else. :)

OrangeHoof
12-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Back before the Kubiak hiring was announced, I predicted these things:

1) Manning (and to a lesser extent Osweiler) are not the sort of QBs that fit a Kubiak offense.
2) Play-calling on critical downs was going to drive you nuts.
3) At least Fox/Del Rio could coach defense.

In truth, the defense has carried this team for the most part (Wade has done better than expected) but the offense is imploding before our eyes.

And, yes, Elway is not going to fire his old roomie until he has no other choice.

Dzone
12-21-2015, 09:15 AM
We should have gone after Dan Quinn when we had a chance, but unfortunately, the attitude was Kubiak or bust.

RyanC
12-21-2015, 09:18 AM
Did you all know that James Ferentz (Broncos C nr 53) is Kirk Ferentz' son?

I wonder if Elway could somehow lure Kirk to come back to the NFL and coach the donks...I would be a HUGE fan of this because A) Kirk is a great coach and B) He's my uncle (by marriage).

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 09:38 AM

I wonder if Elway could somehow lure Kirk to come back to the NFL and coach the donks...I would be a HUGE fan of this because A) Kirk is a great coach and B) He's my uncle (by marriage).

Never heard of him.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-21-2015, 10:34 AM

Exactly as I feared... Elway starting his own Old Boy's Club. Have the same feeling as you, Spiker; can't see Elway making the tough (and it really shouldn't be) decision of putting the team ahead of his friendship with Kubiak.

underrated29
12-21-2015, 10:39 AM
So when we sucked earlier in the year it was manning a fault, the olines fault.

Now that Brock is in and we suck it's kubiaks fault p, dt and vernons fault.....

Maybe Brock is still young and still needs time. Maybe if the defense could tackle or apply pressure to Ben like they did in the first half. Maybe if the wr could catch or Brock could throw accurately (4th down pass to CJ would have been a first had he thrown it on target)

We start the year with its all Peyton's fault, people screaming for Brock. Brock comes in and loses as many games as Peyton but now it's all kubiaks fault?

Cugel
12-21-2015, 10:44 AM
I don't really want to add to the "OMG! We're doomed!" Fan reaction.

Reality 101:

1. Biggest problem for this season - Elway refused to do the deal for Joe Thomas. Result: The OL sucks horribly which totally destroys any chance to run the Kubiak offense the way it's designed. I'm guessing that having Osweiler throw 45 times a game is not by design.

2. Osweiler - Broncos are going to sign Osweiler to a long term deal immediately after the season for lack of any alternative. They may not even be 1 single franchise QB in the next draft, and even if there is one, the Broncos are not going to be in position to draft one any time soon.

So, they are going to keep Brock and attempt to coach him up.

3. Manning - We will not see Manning next game unless he can convince Kubiak he's as healthy as he was before the Packers game. Kubiak said this publicly. Since he suffered a "setback" last week just from 2 days of "light workout" that sounds rather improbable.

4. If the offense struggles against the Bengals and they lose again, they will need to win the last home game to have any chance for the playoffs, and KC wins the division. 10-6 will not get this team a playoff berth when the Steelers and Jets are breathing down their necks.

5. Regardless of whether Denver gets a 1st round bye, this does not look like a championship team. The defense was supposed to be a SB caliber and the anchor point around which the team could rally, but Antonio Brown caught 16 balls for 189 yards and 2 TDs. That ain't Championship caliber. Not even close.

If the defense is going to play like this in big games chances for Denver to win a SB are absolutely NIL.

Cugel
12-21-2015, 10:49 AM
So when we sucked earlier in the year it was manning a fault, the olines fault.

Now that Brock is in and we suck it's kubiaks fault p, dt and vernons fault.....

Maybe Brock is still young and still needs time. Maybe if the defense could tackle or apply pressure to Ben like they did in the first half. Maybe if the wr could catch or Brock could throw accurately (4th down pass to CJ would have been a first had he thrown it on target)

We start the year with its all Peyton's fault, people screaming for Brock. Brock comes in and loses as many games as Peyton but now it's all kubiaks fault?

A lot of the same people who were Jonesing for Teeeebow!(tm) long after he washed out of the league a proven failure, have latched onto Brock!(tm)

In reality we don't know if Osweiler can play in this league but we're going to find out over the next 2 seasons. It would help if they shipped Michael Schofield out to the Philippines and got a really GOOD set of T's.

EastCoastBronco
12-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Anybody ever have favorite LP or CD that you just loved more than all of your other ones put together?
Then one day you are horrified to find that it has a scratch on it and the same part of the song keeps playing over..and over...and over...
Stop me if you've heard this one before...

"There are some things we need to get cleaned up. There are some things we need to get fixed, and we will get them fixed." - Brock Osweiler

Carry on, my wayward son...

LawDog
12-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Anybody ever have favorite LP or CD that you just loved more than all of your other ones put together?
Then one day you are horrified to find that it has a scratch on it and the same part of the song keeps playing over..and over...and over...
Stop me if you've heard this one before...

"There are some things we need to get cleaned up. There are some things we need to get fixed, and we will get them fixed." - Brock Osweiler

Carry on, my wayward son...

I get it, but what is he supposed to say? Go all belicheat and say "didn't play well enough" "what do you think?" "didn't make plays" "ask me another question and I am going to drown your dog, slap your wife, and steal your Christmas lights."

Nomad
12-21-2015, 02:17 PM
spiker....BRONCOS didn't want a 13-3 record anyway. ;) Anyway, I thought the majority had this game as a loss to begin with. It's odd that the ones who predicted a loss, are the most angry. :lol:

EastCoastBronco
12-21-2015, 03:06 PM
I get it, but what is he supposed to say? Go all belicheat and say "didn't play well enough" "what do you think?" "didn't make plays" "ask me another question and I am going to drown your dog, slap your wife, and steal your Christmas lights."

I'd take a little Belicheat style grumbling and misdirection rather than hear, "we missed a lot of opportunities today, we'll get it fixed up by next week" for the thousandth time.
That shit is weak sauce...

Krugan
12-21-2015, 03:24 PM
spiker....BRONCOS didn't want a 13-3 record anyway. ;) Anyway, I thought the majority had this game as a loss to begin with. It's odd that the ones who predicted a loss, are the most angry. :lol:

Im one of those!

its not so much that we lost, its that we went from dominating to urinating in 30 minutes.

Northman
12-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Im one of those!

its not so much that we lost, its that we went from dominating to urinating in 30 minutes.

Agreed.

Its one thing to go in and just get your ass handed to you but when you are dominating said team and then do nothing the rest of the game it can be a bit disheartening and create some anger. As i said in another thread the last two weeks have been games where we really should of won but found a way to lose.

spikerman
12-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Yep, this is my point. Losing is not what annoyed me, I wasn't surprised. It's the Jekyl/Hyde mentality of this team from one half to the next. No NFL team should lose when they're up 27-10 at halftime. If the offense could have just been remotely effective at some point in the 2nd half the game was in hand. Three weeks in a row the offense has been shut out in the 2nd half. That's terrible.

Northman
12-21-2015, 04:34 PM
It's the Jekyl/Hyde mentality of this team from one half to the next. No NFL team should lose when they're up 27-10 at halftime.

Indeed.

And unfortunately for Denver that kind of trademark is not what you want from a team aspiring to be champion. If there was anything Denver could of learned yesterday is by watching what Pitt did by being down, making adjustments, and coming out and executing to win the game. My biggest gripe the last few years is while the Broncos are talented i still see a massive lack of hunger from them when it comes to actually wanting it.

Nomad
12-21-2015, 04:37 PM
We all know no lead is safe, especially as conservative as this team gets and no adjustments in the second half.

Northman
12-21-2015, 04:45 PM
We all know no lead is safe, especially as conservative as this team gets and no adjustments in the second half.

And thats the frustrating part.

Nomad
12-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Im one of those!

I'm not sure why the second half is such a shocker. I didn't expect the Steelers just to roll over in front of the home crowd. I did expect Denver to win in a tight game.

Nomad
12-21-2015, 04:54 PM
And thats the frustrating part.

We've watched it since the SD game. BRONCOS were lucky SD is not very good.

Krugan
12-21-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure why the second half is such a shocker. I didn't expect the Steelers just to roll over in front of the home crowd. I did expect Denver to win in a tight game.

Well, for me anyway, to see a complete lack of ability to adjust to what was being shown to the offense, and the defense(lets not forget they gave up 3 big scores too) was pretty damn shocking. Not trying to take anything away from pitts, but damn, the broncos cant possibly as bipolar as that game, or maybe they can.

Nomad
12-21-2015, 05:03 PM
Well, for me anyway, to see a complete lack of ability to adjust to what was being shown to the offense, and the defense(lets not forget they gave up 3 big scores too) was pretty damn shocking. Not trying to take anything away from pitts, but damn, the broncos cant possibly as bipolar as that game, or maybe they can.

BRONCOS have been bipolar as of late. So from here on out, it shouldn't be a shocker.

OB
12-21-2015, 05:05 PM
So (and this may be a stupid question) but are we changing our game plan in the second half because we have a lead (playing soft D and lazy O) or are the other teams adjusting to us in the 2nd half and we are not counter-adjusting our game plan when the other team finally figures it out?

PS - I am sad and scared :( this sucks

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 06:12 PM
So (and this may be a stupid question) but are we changing our game plan in the second half because we have a lead (playing soft D and lazy O) or are the other teams adjusting to us in the 2nd half and we are not counter-adjusting our game plan when the other team finally figures it out?

OB? Whoa. Where the heck have you been?

I think it's a combination of both.

GEM
12-21-2015, 06:31 PM

I had this nailed as a loss, but when they come out looking like they did the 1st half...they were beating their freaking ass up and down the field. It would have been 27-6 had we not spotted them 7. That's a freaking ass beating. Then to come out the other side of the half and can't do shit...absolutely NOTHING...that's where the anger comes from. They had them beat and they gave up. They laid the **** down and let the raper rape them for 30 minutes straight. They gave fans hope, like holy shit, they showed up. And then they went back to what made you doubt them in the first place. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type shit. These were 2 different teams separated by 15 minutes.

Just like last week...they had #1 seed on the line and pissed it away.

Unfortunately it looks like the bad Broncos is more than likely the real Broncos. They get up for a couple games, beat some other shitty teams and we'll go in the playoffs and get our ******* asses kicked....again. :sigh:

GEM
12-21-2015, 06:33 PM

But they did roll over...and we let off the throat. Finish the damn game like you started the game.

MOtorboat
12-21-2015, 06:38 PM

The last two weeks?

All of the above.

Nomad
12-21-2015, 06:44 PM
But they did roll over...and we let off the throat. Finish the damn game like you started the game.

It's a disturbing trend by the BRONCOS to shit the bed in the second half. I had a good feeling for this game, and thought for sure the BRONCOS would win. I expect the BRONCOS to beat Cincy and SD.

Oh well.....gotta move on to Cincy and hope the BRONCOS come out with a killer instinct.

Blackclouds
12-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Osweiller isn't ready and it's a portend of things to come. Only way to save this season is a healthy Peyton Manning. If he can't get back in there then it's over for sure. Kubiak used to have huge leads and epic comebacks against his Houston teams, that's the character of the teams that he coaches.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Osweiller isn't ready and it's a portend of things to come. Only way to save this season is a healthy Peyton Manning. If he can't get back in there then it's over for sure. Kubiak used to have huge leads and epic comebacks against his Houston teams, that's the character of the teams that he coaches.

Good grief.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2015, 07:02 PM
I had this nailed as a loss, but when they come out looking like they did the 1st half...they were beating their freaking ass up and down the field. It would have been 27-6 had we not spotted them 7. That's a freaking ass beating. Then to come out the other side of the half and can't do shit...absolutely NOTHING...that's where the anger comes from. They had them beat and they gave up. They laid the **** down and let the raper rape them for 30 minutes straight. They gave fans hope, like holy shit, they showed up. And then they went back to what made you doubt them in the first place. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type shit. These were 2 different teams separated by 15 minutes.

Just like last week...they had #1 seed on the line and pissed it away.

Unfortunately it looks like the bad Broncos is more than likely the real Broncos. They get up for a couple games, beat some other shitty teams and we'll go in the playoffs and get our ******* asses kicked....again. :sigh:

Gem, you have a special way of putting things. Have you thought about writing children's books?

GEM
12-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Gem, you have a special way of putting things. Have you thought about writing children's books?

I wouldn't pass the process...my sailor mouth would have me in an unemployment line. :D

tomjonesrocks
12-21-2015, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't pass the process...my sailor mouth would have me in an unemployment line. :D

You'd have been the perfect person to watch the game with yesterday.

I was sitting with a large group of Steelers fans in a bar and they just knew they would win. Absolute jokey confidence the entire second half and of course they were right.

Anyway I was so ******* mad by the end it would have been great to have someone to shout expletives in unison with.

tripp
12-21-2015, 10:05 PM
A lot of beat writers, some for the Broncos others for the NFL - majority of them say they're not panicking for the Broncos. Andrew Mason (writer for denverbroncos.com) tried to rationalize the slump by saying the SB team lost 2 in December too, etc, etc.

I'm not AS optimistic as some of those people, as far as I'm concerned, if we can make some positive steps/goals, I'll take it as a moral victory. If we can go on a bit of run and win the next 2 games with Brock, get the 1st round BYE, I think it'll be mission accomplished. Anything after that, is a bonus.

I was mad when we lost to the Steelers, I was infuriated when we lost to the Raiders; but if we lose to AJ McCarron and the Bengals OR San Diego, then we never deserved to have a 1st rd BYE or be in the playoffs IMO.

NightTerror218
12-21-2015, 11:12 PM
A lot of beat writers, some for the Broncos others for the NFL - majority of them say they're not panicking for the Broncos. Andrew Mason (writer for denverbroncos.com) tried to rationalize the slump by saying the SB team lost 2 in December too, etc, etc.

I'm not AS optimistic as some of those people, as far as I'm concerned, if we can make some positive steps/goals, I'll take it as a moral victory. If we can go on a bit of run and win the next 2 games with Brock, get the 1st round BYE, I think it'll be mission accomplished. Anything after that, is a bonus.

I was mad when we lost to the Steelers, I was infuriated when we lost to the Raiders; but if we lose to AJ McCarron and the Bengals OR San Diego, then we never deserved to have a 1st rd BYE or be in the playoffs IMO.

The best teams over come adversity and obstacles. This team has all the potential, just have to carry over to 2nd half. Look at how they played against the Pats.

sneakers
12-21-2015, 11:14 PM
we should all just kill ourselves, or hire Topscribe as the broncos coach

either or

NightTrainLayne
12-21-2015, 11:15 PM

Good Grief Spiker. I hope this was a moment of temporary insanity.

BroncoWave
12-21-2015, 11:19 PM

either or

Option #2 would probably lead to option #1 since Top would surely coax Orton out of retirement to be our QB. :D

tripp
12-21-2015, 11:44 PM
The best teams over come adversity and obstacles. This team has all the potential, just have to carry over to 2nd half. Look at how they played against the Pats.

They could.. and the NFL is a week to week league where teams who look like shit one week, look like SB contenders the next. I just haven't seen enough for me to feel that optimistic about them this year, I find it hard for me to believe that's going to change in the next couple weeks.

Not saying it can't happen, I just don't see it.

NightTerror218
12-21-2015, 11:46 PM
They could.. and the NFL is a week to week league where teams who look like shit one week, look like SB contenders the next. I just haven't seen enough for me to feel that optimistic about them this year, I find it hard for me to believe that's going to change in the next couple weeks.

Not saying it can't happen, I just don't see it.

I think ward is a key part to defense. I think he sets the tone with his intensity and is a vocal and intense leader.

tripp
12-22-2015, 12:04 AM
I think ward is a key part to defense. I think he sets the tone with his intensity and is a vocal and intense leader.

True. My biggest knock on Ward is the stupid penalties he makes a lot of unnecessary roughness calls. But I guess it's apart of his game. I think Darian Stewart was the best off-season acquisition we made.

CrazyHorse
12-22-2015, 01:04 AM
True. My biggest knock on Ward is the stupid penalties he makes a lot of unnecessary roughness calls. But I guess it's apart of his game. I think Darian Stewart was the best off-season acquisition we made.

I wouldn't have minded a few good hits on Brown last night. It might have given him second thoughts and slowed him down a bit.

Dzone
12-22-2015, 01:22 AM
Oh ya? How many epic comebacks has Kubiak been the recipient of?So it's a Kubiak trait to shut it down after halftime?

Magnificent Seven
12-22-2015, 02:14 AM
A QUICK GUIDE TO THE BRONCOS' POSSIBLE PLAYOFF SCENARIOS:

WIN THEIR NEXT TWO GAMES: Broncos clinch playoff bye and No. 2 seed; can be No. 1 seed if Patriots lose twice.

WIN ONE GAME AND TIE THE OTHER: Broncos clinch AFC West crown; would earn the No. 2 seed if the win is against the Bengals, who would then have to lose their Week 17 game against Baltimore. If the Broncos go 1-0-1 -- including a win over Cincinnati -- and the Bengals defeat the Ravens, the Broncos would be the No. 3 seed and host a game in the wild-card round. If the Broncos and Bengals tie, Cincinnati earns a first-round bye, and the Broncos would win the AFC West by defeating San Diego.

WIN ONE GAME AND LOSE THE OTHER: Broncos win the AFC West if Kansas City loses or ties at least one game. Broncos make the playoffs as a wild-card entry if the Chiefs win two games and the Steelers or Jets lose or tie at least once. Broncos miss the playoffs if the Chiefs, Steelers and Jets win out.

LOSE ONE GAME AND TIE THE OTHER: Broncos win the AFC West if Kansas City loses either of its last two games (or ties both games, which has a Powerball-like chance of happening). Broncos make the playoffs as a wild-card entry if the Chiefs go at least 1-0-1 and the Steelers or Jets lose at least once. Broncos miss the playoffs if the Chiefs, Steelers and Jets win once and get at least a tie in their other game.

LOSE THEIR NEXT TWO GAMES: Broncos win the AFC West if Kansas City loses both games, or loses one and ties one. Broncos make the playoffs as a wild-card entry if the Chiefs win at least one game, and the Steelers or Jets go 0-1-1 or 0-2. Broncos miss the playoffs if the Chiefs, Jets and Steelers each win at least one game.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Playoff-Scenarios-Still-in-control-for-division-and-bye-but-out-of-second-chances/8853dc34-223f-4de0-a66f-cc1ecb424652

Blackclouds
12-22-2015, 03:05 AM
Oh ya? How many epic comebacks has Kubiak been the recipient of?So it's a Kubiak trait to shut it down after halftime?

From a Texans blog "In all six the Texans jumped out to big leads; in three they held on for convincing victories" ""The tale of two halves" is a common occurrence for the 2009 Texans" that is the character of Kubiak coached teams. And how can you forget the infamous helicopter game, where the Texans somehow lost a 20 point lead with like 4 minutes to go. And a Texan fan on reddit "I prefer the 2009 games where the Texans blew big leads twice". In a random NFL article "Consider the Texans' past seven regular-season losses. They've either blown leads or been blown out." That quote was from 2013, Kubiak's last year with the Texans.

GEM
12-22-2015, 07:59 AM
The only helicopter known around here is John ******* Elway! :D

Slick
12-22-2015, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up regarding the Bengals game.

Davii
12-22-2015, 09:15 AM
5. Regardless of whether Denver gets a 1st round bye, this does not look like a championship team. The defense was supposed to be a SB caliber and the anchor point around which the team could rally, but Antonio Brown caught 16 balls for 189 yards and 2 TDs. That ain't Championship caliber. Not even close.

If the defense is going to play like this in big games chances for Denver to win a SB are absolutely NIL.

We were literally playing with street safeties. Guys that couldn't make a roster anywhere else and were literally sitting at home watching games like us a few weeks ago. That secondary got exposed, if you didn't expect it to happen then you're not paying a lot of attention to the Steelers.

We're going to get our secondary back healthy, very soon, and certainly for the playoffs. This defense IS a championship caliber defense, and they will return to form when the back end is solid.

7DnBrnc53
12-22-2015, 09:19 AM
And how can you forget the infamous helicopter game, where the Texans somehow lost a 20 point lead with like 4 minutes to go.

Oh, yeah. THE ROSENCOPTER!!!!

Sage Rosenfels with the failed dive and fumble. I think that was in 2008. On this one site, Texan fans had Rosencopter memes.

Dzone
12-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Oh, yeah. THE ROSENCOPTER!!!!

Sage Rosenfels with the failed dive and fumble. I think that was in 2008. On this one site, Texan fans had Rosencopter memes.

LOL...Thats so funny I had to look up the Rosencoptor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_hi7gOjE0

Northman
12-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Until i see this team actually show hunger to win i wont have faith in them winning a championship. You can tell when teams really want it and the problem for this team the last few years is they dont have the attitude that it takes to get it done. A lot of wasted talent on this team really.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't get your hopes up regarding the Bengals game.

Forget that nonsense. We.will.win. :D

Davii
12-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Forget that nonsense. We.will.win. :D

I think he meant not to get your hopes up of Manning starting that game, I could be wrong but I read it in response to old boy saying we're hosed until Manning comes back.

BroncoNut
12-22-2015, 10:46 AM

I'm diehard Iowa, love Kirk and his quiet intensity. He's great with those kids. I wouldn't be opposed

BroncoNut
12-22-2015, 10:47 AM

either or

Topscribe would be awesome. never considered that. what I like about him is his faith and I think that is what this team is lacking

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 11:42 AM
I think he meant not to get your hopes up of Manning starting that game, I could be wrong but I read it in response to old boy saying we're hosed until Manning comes back.

Man, I don't feel quite so cool now.

Nomad
12-22-2015, 11:49 AM

Kubiak will make his decision tomorrow.

weazel
12-22-2015, 12:48 PM
Kubiak will make his decision tomorrow.

If he goes with Manning he is ignoring his own shortcomings and making excuses. These losses were not on Brock's shouldners

Nomad
12-22-2015, 12:53 PM
If he goes with Manning he is ignoring his own shortcomings and making excuses. These losses were not on Brock's shouldners

I believe it's more of evaluating the injuries to both QBs, and seeing how Osweiler is doing with his shoulder. There was an article in the DP mentioning it. As the article stated, Osweiler was to fill in until Manning felt healthy enough to return. While we all know, Manning will never be healthy enough, and I don't see how he can play on that foot. I guess Kubiak is still wants to keep the option open. I'd be shocked to see Manning starting again.

chazoe60
12-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Bring on Siemien.

weazel
12-22-2015, 02:32 PM
There's always Jeff George!

Northman
12-22-2015, 03:59 PM
There's always Jeff George!

We can always bring Cutler back. :laugh:

weazel
12-22-2015, 04:37 PM
We can always bring Cutler back. :laugh:

cutler = george

Northman
12-22-2015, 04:38 PM
cutler = george

Ya, but who is the better pouter? Thats what inquiring minds want to know.

BroncoJoe
12-22-2015, 04:45 PM
This thread is pretty funny to go back and read through.

BroncoWave
12-22-2015, 05:35 PM

Hopefully people had the chance to calm down before Thunder got turned into glue.

Timmy!
12-22-2015, 05:41 PM

We probably lead the league in spoiled fans.

chazoe60
12-22-2015, 05:44 PM

I don't think you've met a Pats fan

Nomad
12-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Do the BRONCOS beat the Bengals on Monday Night?

I'm going with YES.

BroncoJoe
12-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Do the BRONCOS beat the Bengals on Monday Night?

Not yet. :D

Timmy!
12-22-2015, 05:48 PM

I said spoiled, and I'll add over reactionary. I said nothing of whiny, entitled douche canoes. Thankfully they are few and far between up here, I just have to deal with the dumbass seapigeon band wagoners.

Nomad
12-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Douche canoes is a new one.

I Eat Staples
12-22-2015, 05:51 PM

I think it's selection bias. If you go to the forums and subreddits of other teams after a loss they're probably pretty similar.

Plus, spoiled just means we're used to the Broncos having success and don't want to accept mediocrity. That's not a bad thing.

tomjonesrocks
12-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Douche canoes is a new one.

That's an oldie where I come from. Preceded Douche nozzle I believe.

Nomad
12-22-2015, 05:56 PM
That's an oldie where I come from. Preceded Douche nozzle I believe.

I've lived in North Dakota and Alaska the last 10 yrs, so I'm sheltered. :lol:

spikerman
12-22-2015, 06:08 PM
I think (hope) most of you know that I'm not normally over reactionary, and it's not the loss that spurred me to start the thread. I live in Texas so I see a lot of Texans football and this is the same stuff that consistently happened to those Kubiak-coached teams. The lack of adjustments are a trademark of his teams. I hoped working under Harbaugh would help that, but sadly, nope.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 08:42 PM

God wants me to be humble. ...my boss and my son are Patriots fans. It's my cross, of sorts.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 09:14 PM
I have a confession: I picked against Denver in the office pool this week. I only got two games wrong, but I won the pool. :D

The winner each week gets a $25 gift card to the place of their choosing.

Nomad
12-22-2015, 09:29 PM
I have a confession: I picked against Denver in the office pool this week. I only got two games wrong, but I won the pool. :D

The winner each week gets a $25 gift card to the place of their choosing.

Way to go, Pete!

j/k:D

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 09:36 PM
I think it's selection bias. If you go to the forums and subreddits of other teams after a loss they're probably pretty similar.

Plus, spoiled just means we're used to the Broncos having success and don't want to accept mediocrity. That's not a bad thing.

That's not what spoiled means, that's an oversimplification to justify a complete and total hissy fit.

Timmy!
12-22-2015, 09:39 PM

Frankly this franchise is spoiled, since Elway took over at least, we've won the wear ever year, and will again. I know die hard fans of some franchises who would be in heaven playing for the 2 seed at home in week 16. Perspective and all.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 09:45 PM
I think (hope) most of you know that I'm not normally over reactionary, and it's not the loss that spurred me to start the thread. I live in Texas so I see a lot of Texans football and this is the same stuff that consistently happened to those Kubiak-coached teams. The lack of adjustments are a trademark of his teams. I hoped working under Harbaugh would help that, but sadly, nope.

What adjustments? They had 5 first half drives and came away with 4 TD drives, you want coaches to go into locker room talking about changing a gameplan that worked to the tune of 27 points?

If you're talking about in-game adjustments teams make those on a drive to drive basis.

spikerman
12-22-2015, 09:48 PM
What adjustments? They had 5 first half drives and came away with 4 TD drives, you want coaches to go into locker room talking about changing a gameplan that worked to the tone of 27 points?

No, I want them to be able to adjust to the changes the other team inevitably makes.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 09:59 PM
No, I want them to be able to adjust to the changes the other team inevitably makes.

For example?

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 10:01 PM
"Ok team gather around, you know all that stuff we worked on all week that worked so well? Yeah **** that shit, it's inevitable that they will all of a sudden be able to shut it down"

spikerman
12-22-2015, 10:03 PM
For example?
Obviously, the Steelers made adjustments defensively. I can't say for sure from the TV view what the specifics were, but a team doesn't go from unstoppable to incompetent without help from the opposing defense. Kubiak, as has been his history, seemingly had no answers.

spikerman
12-22-2015, 10:05 PM
"Ok team gather around, you know all that stuff we worked on all week that worked so well? Yeah **** that shit, it's inevitable that they will all of a sudden be able to shut it down"
Quit being a douche. Teams make changes all game long, especially after halftime. Maybe you've never been in a locker room, but coaches tend to expect different things coming out of halftime.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Way to go, Pete!

j/k:D

Pete? I don't get it.

It's the first time I've picked against them this year. I felt a little dirty

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 10:08 PM
All this pity party from the guy that has a seemingly limitless capacity for excuses in officiating.

Apparently your empathy for how hard someone's job is only applies to the truly incompetent and/or corrupt.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Quit being a douche. Teams make changes all game long, especially after halftime. Maybe you've never been in a locker room, but coaches tend to expect different things coming out of halftime.

Teams that are down 27-13 at half make adjustments. The Broncos were up two TD's on the 31st pass defense and kept throwing the ball, what adjustments should they make?

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Maybe Kubiak should dial up one of those 3rd and 12 plays....... oh wait, he did. Dropped.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Maybe Kubiak should dial up one of those 3rd and 12 plays....... oh wait, he did. Dropped.

Which drop are you referring to?

spikerman
12-22-2015, 10:17 PM
Teams that are down 27-13 at half make adjustments. The Broncos were up on the 31st pass defense and kept throwing the ball, what adjustments should they make?

You're right, they should have made none. The proof is in the tremendous amount of 2nd half points they've put up over the past three weeks. I apologize, I didn't realize you were a novice to the game. I'll take that into account in the future.

spikerman
12-22-2015, 10:17 PM
All this pity party from the guy that has a seemingly limitless capacity for excuses in officiating.

Apparently your empathy for how hard someone's job is only applies to the truly incompetent and/or corrupt.

Please feel free to join your local chapter and show them how it's done if you have the guts.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 10:24 PM
You're right, they should have made none. The proof is in the tremendous amount of 2nd half points they've put up over the past three weeks. I apologize, I didn't realize you were a novice to the game. I'll take that into account in the future.

Never said they should make zero adjustments, I'm talking about halftime adjustments, they make adjustments on a drive to drive basis. That much I do know.

Say what you want about me but at least I'm willing to consider how limited adjustments might be when you're up 2 TD's on a shit pass defense and you have a QB in his 5th start and an OL that can't block the sun from their eyes.

So, unless you wanna enlighten this no-nothing novice with some kind tangible suggestions I'll leave you to your little pity party.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Please feel free to join your local chapter and show them how it's done if you have the guts.

The guts?

Lets not pretend it's crab fishing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 10:30 PM
The guts?

Ok Spiker, you gotta admit, that was pretty good. :laugh:

Simple Jaded
Which drop are you referring to?

Valid question, hard to keep track of them all.

Vernon Davis.

spikerman
Never said they should make zero adjustments, I'm talking about halftime adjustments, they make adjustments on a drive to drive basis. That much I do know.

Say what you want about me but at least I'm willing to consider how limited adjustments might be when you're up 2 TD's on a shit pass defense and you have a QB in his 5th start and an OL that can't block the sun from their eyes.

So, unless you wanna enlighten this no-nothing novice with some kind tangible suggestions I'll leave you to your little pity party.
Sigh, you ANTICIPATE adjustments at halftime. You then adjust accordingly. My argument is that Kubiak is unwilling or incapable of making those changes. The last 3 games are proof of that.

spikerman
12-22-2015, 10:31 PM
The guts?

So you'll be out there next year? Glad to hear it.

spikerman
12-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Ok Spiker, you gotta admit, that was pretty good. :laugh:
I guess I don't understand the reference.

BroncoWave
12-22-2015, 11:25 PM
Sigh, you ANTICIPATE adjustments at halftime. You then adjust accordingly. My argument is that Kubiak is unwilling or incapable of making those changes. The last 3 games are proof of that.

The Patriots game also happened, let's not forget that. The difference is in that game our players actually made plays instead of dropping every other ball in sight. (except for DT's horrendous game, but at least he made the one big catch when we needed it)

If our WRs/TEs actually catch every catchable ball thrown their way the last two weeks, then both of those games are wins and we aren't having this discussion about Kubiak right now. There's only so much a coach can do if the players aren't executing.

Davii
12-23-2015, 12:06 AM
The Patriots game also happened, let's not forget that. The difference is in that game our players actually made plays instead of dropping every other ball in sight. (except for DT's horrendous game, but at least he made the one big catch when we needed it)

If our WRs/TEs actually catch every catchable ball thrown their way the last two weeks, then both of those games are wins and we aren't having this discussion about Kubiak right now. There's only so much a coach can do if the players aren't executing.

If they catch every catchable ball we win every week.

NightTerror218
12-23-2015, 12:10 AM

If they even caught the balls on keys plays only, not just all.

I Eat Staples
12-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Teams that are down 27-13 at half make adjustments. The Broncos were up two TD's on the 31st pass defense and kept throwing the ball, what adjustments should they make?

I'm pretty sure the Steelers played man coverage the entire 2nd half. We continued to throw the same intermediate routes that were working against zone coverage. Why weren't there more screens, draws, pick plays, fly routes? Anything to beat man coverage. Our offense was about as vanilla as you can get.

As you keep saying, teams make adjustments each drive based on what their opponent is doing. So where were our adjustments for the entire 2nd half? I don't think we even got a single 1st down in the 3rd quarter.

BroncoWave
12-23-2015, 07:55 AM
If they catch every catchable ball we win every week.

Eh, I don't think we would have beaten KC because catchable balls weren't being thrown in that game. Otherwise though, yeah, probably.

EastCoastBronco
12-23-2015, 08:29 AM
Eh, I don't think we would have beaten KC because catchable balls weren't being thrown in that game. Otherwise though, yeah, probably.

That big linebacker from KC didn't have any trouble catching that ball Manning threw right to him...and he wasn't even expecting it.

spikerman
12-23-2015, 08:34 AM
I have to publicly apologize to Jaded. I resorted to name calling and there is no excuse for that. Sorry buddy. I was having a bad day.

Valar Morghulis
12-23-2015, 10:17 AM
I have to publicly apologize to Jaded. I resorted to name calling and there is no excuse for that. Sorry buddy. I was having a bad day.

For the record Spiker, I agree with your analysis.

EastCoastBronco
12-23-2015, 10:22 AM

I think Jaded was fishing...and you took the bait.
Jaded, if I'm wrong in this assumption, I apologize...;-)

NightTrainLayne
12-23-2015, 01:11 PM

Unwilling or incapable. . .

What of the Patriots game? It was the opposite. We were down and seemingly out, but came back and won in the second half/OT. Chiefs game is another example.

I think we're limited in some key personnel areas, and some potential adjustments are just not there for us to make, especially with CJ out, or very limited at running back.

Krugan
12-23-2015, 01:24 PM
This season sucks!

weazel
12-23-2015, 01:25 PM
10-4

Nomad
12-23-2015, 01:29 PM
10-4

And in 2 weeks.....12-4.

NightTrainLayne
12-23-2015, 02:21 PM
You know. .. 10-4 with a combination of a hobbled Manning, and an inexperienced Osweiler is pretty darn good.

We've had monumental second half collapses before. Anyone remember that loss to the Patriots in 2013? We had a bigger lead there at halftime. 24-0! I can't find a way to blame Kubiak for that one.

I don't think Fox would have had a better record at this point had we retained him either. There's only so much a coach can do. At some point, the players have to execute. I blam our losses these last to weeks more on execution than on bad coaching.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2015, 02:30 PM
You know. .. 10-4 with a combination of a hobbled Manning, and an inexperienced Osweiler is pretty darn good.

We've had monumental second half collapses before. Anyone remember that loss to the Patriots in 2013? We had a bigger lead there at halftime. 24-0! I can't find a way to blame Kubiak for that one.

I don't think Fox would have had a better record at this point had we retained him either. There's only so much a coach can do. At some point, the players have to execute. I blam our losses these last to weeks more on execution than on bad coaching.

The common denominator the last two weeks has been turnovers. We lost the turnover battle the last week's and lost the games.

NightTrainLayne
12-23-2015, 02:36 PM
The common denominator the last two weeks has been turnovers. We lost the turnover battle the last week's and lost the games.

I'll throw in the lack of a running game in the 2nd half of both of those games.

I'll keep beating the same drum the rest of this season. I don't care who is playing QB for us, we go as our running game goes, which in turn goes as our O-line goes. Neither Manning or Oz is going to beat good teams that stop our running game. And our O-line, such as it is, has, I think, a relatively low ceiling to how much effect coaching has on it.

arapaho2
12-23-2015, 02:47 PM

it was 2-2 this week

Hillman fumble
oz int

ben two ints

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2015, 02:53 PM
it was 2-2 this week

Hillman fumble
oz int

ben two ints

Gotcha, I thought we had 2 and they had 1. Either way, I picked against us last week I'm the office pool and I'm $25 richer because of it. :D.

weazel
12-23-2015, 04:42 PM
I'll throw in the lack of a running game in the 2nd half of both of those games.

I'll keep beating the same drum the rest of this season. I don't care who is playing QB for us, we go as our running game goes, which in turn goes as our O-line goes. Neither Manning or Oz is going to beat good teams that stop our running game. And our O-line, such as it is, has, I think, a relatively low ceiling to how much effect coaching has on it.

This... /THREAD

spikerman
12-23-2015, 04:51 PM
I can't quite get on board with the lack of talent preventing the team from making 2nd half adjustments. I don't think it's a bad argument, but to me, if the team is able to put together a game plan at the beginning of games in which they dominate, the players are good enough to get it done if they have to make minor tweaks during the game. Very few of these adjustments require more than some minor changes. I agree that the OL and the RBs are a major problem, but honestly, when Denver was kicking Pittsburgh up and down the field in the 1st half the running game wasn't doing squat then either. Other teams have enough film on the Broncos now that nothing they do should really surprise them so I don't think they're "tricking" the other teams in the 1st half. My theory is that they've practiced those routes all week until they're very comfortable with them and then when they stop working either the coaches are too stubborn to change what they're doing or they aren't sure how to counter. Either one is troubling.

I saw a quote from Kubiak earlier in the week that Pittsburgh didn't change anything in the 2nd half. That leaves three possibilities:

1. Pittsburgh didn't change anything and somehow the Broncos forgot how to play football at halftime;
2. Pittsburgh did change, but Kubiak didn't realize it;
3. Pittsburgh did change, but the Broncos had no counter to it and Kubiak didn't want to admit that.

Personally, I'm not sure which of those options is more scary.

Nomad
12-23-2015, 05:12 PM
spiker....I still think the offense is missing the fullback, but that's just me. I see the same shit from Les Miles on Saturdays, who thinks his gameplans are to never change.

With that said, the execution has been shit as well. Find new targets.....that's a change.

NightTrainLayne
12-23-2015, 05:52 PM
I can't quite get on board with the lack of talent preventing the team from making 2nd half adjustments. I don't think it's a bad argument, but to me, if the team is able to put together a game plan at the beginning of games in which they dominate, the players are good enough to get it done if they have to make minor tweaks during the game. Very few of these adjustments require more than some minor changes. I agree that the OL and the RBs are a major problem, but honestly, when Denver was kicking Pittsburgh up and down the field in the 1st half the running game wasn't doing squat then either. Other teams have enough film on the Broncos now that nothing they do should really surprise them so I don't think they're "tricking" the other teams in the 1st half. My theory is that they've practiced those routes all week until they're very comfortable with them and then when they stop working either the coaches are too stubborn to change what they're doing or they aren't sure how to counter. Either one is troubling.

I saw a quote from Kubiak earlier in the week that Pittsburgh didn't change anything in the 2nd half. That leaves three possibilities:

1. Pittsburgh didn't change anything and somehow the Broncos forgot how to play football at halftime;
3. Pittsburgh did change, but the Broncos had no counter to it and Kubiak didn't want to admit that.

I posted this earlier in the thread, and it surprised me at the time watching the game, but at halftime we had 89 yards rushing. (This included 31 on that end-around to Sanders I think, so if you want to take that out for some reason, 58 yards rushing in the traditional sense)

We finished the game with 104 yards rushing. That's 15 whole yards rushing in the second half. There was a marked difference in rushing production in the first half vs. the second.

LawDog
12-23-2015, 05:53 PM

4. Pittsburgh didn't change, and Denver shot itself in the foot with penalties, drops, bad play calls, and losing the field position battle, all of which wore out the defense.

Nomad
12-23-2015, 06:03 PM
I posted this earlier in the thread, and it surprised me at the time watching the game, but at halftime we had 89 yards rushing. (This included 31 on that end-around to Sanders I think, so if you want to take that out for some reason, 58 yards rushing in the traditional sense)

We finished the game with 104 yards rushing. That's 15 whole yards rushing in the second half. There was a marked difference in rushing production in the first half vs. the second.

Stacking the line with no lead blocker will do that. Steelers found they could do that and once rattling Brock, they eliminated both the run and pass game.

Nomad
12-23-2015, 06:05 PM
4. Pittsburgh didn't change, and Denver shot itself in the foot with penalties, drops, bad play calls, and losing the field position battle, all of which wore out the defense.

So BRONCOS have no alternative to Colquitt?

Simple Jaded
12-23-2015, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the Steelers played man coverage the entire 2nd half. We continued to throw the same intermediate routes that were working against zone coverage. Why weren't there more screens, draws, pick plays, fly routes? Anything to beat man coverage. Our offense was about as vanilla as you can get.

As you keep saying, teams make adjustments each drive based on what their opponent is doing. So where were our adjustments for the entire 2nd half? I don't think we even got a single 1st down in the 3rd quarter.

They had several 1st downs called back on holding. How many dropped, I wonder?

As for the adjustments you suggest; I specifically remember all but draws being run, they had 2 deep passes in a row on one drive (now if you wanna criticize Kubiak for not challenging the one to DT I might have to agree), they had a TE screen to Davis that Osweiler had to throw at the DL's feet, I believe the clutch pass Norwood caught was a pick, I know it was a crossing route.

They're calling these plays, they're just not executing them efficiently enough to placate the masses who've had their minds made up about the playcalling and adjustments before the ****** signed his contract.

Btw, according to Joel Dreessen the coaches went to empty sets and spread shotgun to help their pathetic T's, I would think that'd be an adjustment you'd really like. Schofield actually had a better grade from PFF, go figure.

NightTerror218
12-23-2015, 10:43 PM
spiker....I still think the offense is missing the fullback, but that's just me. I see the same shit from Les Miles on Saturdays, who thinks his gameplans are to never change.

With that said, the execution has been shit as well. Find new targets.....that's a change.

I agree

MOtorboat
12-23-2015, 11:53 PM
So "under center" running wasn't the answer, now we need a fullback?

Don't need any of that crap. Leave the offense open and execute better. None of this 1970s crap.

NightTerror218
12-24-2015, 12:01 AM
So "under center" running wasn't the answer, now we need a fullback?

Don't need any of that crap. Leave the offense open and execute better. None of this 1970s crap.

Kubiak's system has always used a full back. We got rid of our when we went to the pistol with manning.

MOtorboat
12-24-2015, 12:08 AM
Kubiak's system has always used a full back. We got rid of our when we went to the pistol with manning.

The NFL has passed that offense by. I have zero confidence in ever having success with anything resembling the offense run in the late 90s. Nostalgia is fun. It doesn't win football games.

NightTerror218
12-24-2015, 01:30 AM
The NFL has passed that offense by. I have zero confidence in ever having success with anything resembling the offense run in the late 90s. Nostalgia is fun. It doesn't win football games.

Several good running teams still use FB, not a dead concept.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2015, 01:54 AM

No it's not. If we lined up in the I 100% of the time he might have a valid argument.

MOtorboat
12-24-2015, 02:07 AM

Didn't say it was a dead concept, just pretty much a useless one.

No it's not. If we lined up in the I 100% of the time he might have a valid argument.

Lol, it's plenty valid. About 10 years ago, the best coaches in the game started realizing playing to not lose, a la Schottenheimer and Reeves, was useless and they started playing to win. Part of that revolution was the realization that passing the ball was wildly more efficient than running the ball, especially out of tight sets.

Yes, a few teams have won doing such, but it's few and far between. Don't use Seattle or Baltimore, either, because the reason the Seahawks won was not running under center or playing with a fullback, it was a dynamic quarterback who could throw when he had to, and the Ravens won because Joe Flacco played out of his mind in the playoffs, throwing 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions in 4 games.

The point is plenty valid.

Nomad
12-24-2015, 01:17 PM

Especially goalline/redzone situations, where the BRONCOS struggle would be a great use for a FB or protecting Os. It was brought up on a talk radio show by a Pro Football player, and I'll take his advise over anyone here.

Nomad
12-24-2015, 01:26 PM

You're correct in both. And to make room for Wolfe.

MOtorboat
12-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Especially goalline/redzone situations, where the BRONCOS struggle would be a great use for a FB or protecting Os. It was brought up on a talk radio show by a Pro Football player, and I'll take his advise over anyone here.

Goal line is the one situation where I'd use a FB. Train a defensive tackle to do it, so they don't have to use up a roster spot.

chazoe60
12-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Goal line is the one situation where I'd use a FB. Train a defensive tackle to do it, so they don't have to use up a roster spot.

I bet Wolfe would be a badass FB

Timmy!
12-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Mo=moar passing!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2015, 05:38 PM
I bet Wolfe would be a badass FB

We don't want him getting arrested for manslaughter.

NightTerror218
12-24-2015, 06:02 PM

Get a real FB and use as RB slot. Make sure he is a do good ST player too. Juwan can be replaced by a FB. He has tried to be the part and can't do it. Casey who was FB/TE was released for Wolfe. And not all that good but he did play ST.

turftoad
12-24-2015, 06:15 PM
Thompson converted 8 out of 10 short yardage or goal line carries in second half of last year boys.

NightTerror218
12-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Thompson converted 8 out of 10 short yardage or goal line carries in second half of last year boys.

And in limited play has done virtually nothing with ball out.

MOtorboat
12-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Mo=moar passing!!!

Let's go win some games!

BroncoWave
12-24-2015, 06:35 PM
Let's go win some games!

Run/Pass ratio in Brock's 3 wins: 95 pass/91 rush (51% pass)
Run/Pass ratio in Brock's 2 losses: 73 pass/48 rush (60% pass)

MOtorboat
12-24-2015, 06:40 PM

I don't ever see the ratio going above 60 percent. I'd prefer it around 57 or 58 for the season. The ratio doesn't ever swing quite as widely as you might think.

Simple Jaded
12-24-2015, 08:45 PM

Wins championships, what you're looking for is video games. You can actually build your own players, I had a 6-6/300 WR that ran 4.3's, you should try it.

MOtorboat
12-24-2015, 08:49 PM
Wins championships, what you're looking for is video games. You can actually build your own players, I had a 6-6/300 WR that ran 4.3's, you should try it.

Do you get visibly angry when you see a shotgun formation?

Simple Jaded
12-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Do you get visibly angry when you see a shotgun formation?

Enough to kick a puppy.

I Eat Staples
12-25-2015, 02:49 AM

You run when you win, not win when you run.

Tned
12-25-2015, 05:51 PM

Yes, and bring back McDaniels and Hillis, your boy and mine. Problem solved.

BroncoWave
12-25-2015, 06:08 PM
Yes, and bring back McDaniels and Hillis, your boy and mine. Problem solved.

I can live with this compromise. :D

Tned
12-25-2015, 06:16 PM
I can live with this compromise. :D

Your boy will get better at his job with age, mine won't. :eek:

Simple Jaded
12-25-2015, 09:40 PM
You run when you win, not win when you run.

That's a rigid philosophy, welcome to the club.

Simple Jaded
12-29-2015, 09:54 AM
I can't believe Marvin Lewis didn't anticipate all those halftime adjustments Denver made, looks like Mike Brown actually wants to keep him (10-5 with a backup QB? Pfft!).

Face it Bengals fans, you're screwed!

TXBRONC
12-30-2015, 11:56 AM

One more win and a ****Patsy loss and Denver is number one seed. It's unlikely but then again stranger things have happened.

Cugel
12-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Considering that the Patriots just scored exactly 13 points against the Jets, it certainly could happen that they lose against the Dolphins in Miami. It's just not the way to bet though (unless you are taking the points in which case it might very well be the way to bet).

Cugel
12-30-2015, 12:50 PM
You know, I would rather see the Broncos as the #2 seed than the #1 with home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Is this team good enough to go to the SB and beat the AZ Cardinals or Panthers? Well, if they can go on the road and beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game, then I'd say "yes." If not, then no.

I don't want to see another SB blowout. I'm still scarred by 55-10 and 43-8. I don't think I could take another beat down so soon.

So, I'd like to see the Broncos take the tougher road and prove themselves in the playoffs like the '97 team did - going on the road to beat the Steelers 14-10 in the AFC Championship game. Then you know they're tough enough to win it all.

Cause you know they won't be playing the SB in Mile High.

LawDog
12-30-2015, 03:32 PM
You know, I would rather see the Broncos as the #2 seed than the #1 with home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Is this team good enough to go to the SB and beat the AZ Cardinals or Panthers? Well, if they can go on the road and beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game, then I'd say "yes." If not, then no.

I don't want to see another SB blowout. I'm still scarred by 55-10 and 43-8. I don't think I could take another beat down so soon.

So, I'd like to see the Broncos take the tougher road and prove themselves in the playoffs like the '97 team did - going on the road to beat the Steelers 14-10 in the AFC Championship game. Then you know they're tough enough to win it all.

Cause you know they won't be playing the SB in Mile High.

I really do not see this defense giving up a "blow-out" level of points should the Broncos get to the SB. Not saying they win, just fairly confident it wouldn't be a lopsided shit sandwich.

spikerman
12-30-2015, 05:13 PM
i can't believe marvin lewis didn't anticipate all those halftime adjustments denver made, looks like mike brown actually wants to keep him (10-5 with a backup qb? Pfft!).

Face it bengals fans, you're screwed!

lol

LawDog
12-30-2015, 07:28 PM
lol

Spike with the delayed lolz...

spikerman
12-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Spike with the delayed lolz...

I've never been trolled before. I love it!

Simple Jaded
12-31-2015, 12:45 AM
I've never been trolled before. I love it!

Trolled?

That's a serious post, Lewis should be replaced with a corrupt ref with ESP.

spikerman
12-31-2015, 06:12 AM
Trolled?

That's a serious post, Lewis should be replaced with a corrupt ref with ESP.
Keep it coming; it's beautiful!

Ravage!!!
12-31-2015, 10:58 AM
I really do not see this defense giving up a "blow-out" level of points should the Broncos get to the SB. Not saying they win, just fairly confident it wouldn't be a lopsided shit sandwich.

Yeah... Pittsburgh had it rough against us.

Slick
12-31-2015, 11:56 AM
Yeah... Pittsburgh had it rough against us.

They didn't blow Denver out.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Keep it coming; it's beautiful!

I will!

Just as soon as I think of something.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-02-2016, 01:47 PM
I will!

Just as soon as I think of something.

Jeez man, it's been several days.

Simple Jaded
01-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Jeez man, it's been several days.

I'm pacing myself.

TXBRONC
01-03-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm pacing myself.

You can't be that old.

Simple Jaded
01-03-2016, 04:03 PM
You can't be that old.

All my cards are on the table with no Ace left in the hole.

Simple Jaded
01-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Ok, where do I start?

27 points with two different QB's.

Multiple adjustments, including benching the QB and RT when the team came out flat.

Runs from Shitgun and runs from center.

Passing to set up the run. Short, deep and everything in between. 1st down, 3rd down and everything in between.

Overcoming umpteen turnovers in the process.

Came out strong to start the game and made a tough call to change QB's when shit just wasn't working.

This entire season Kubiak has been doing a measured balance of everything his critics have been saying he can't.

12-4, #1 seed.

#KubiakThangs
#We'reScrewed
#SometimesTrollTakesTime.

spikerman
01-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Ok, where do I start?

Multiple adjustments, including benching the QB and RT when the team came out flat.

Passing to set up the run. Short, deep and everything in between. 1st down, 3rd down and everything in between.

Came out strong to start the game and made a tough call to change QB's when shit just wasn't working.

This entire season Kubiak has been doing a measured balance of everything his critics have been saying he can't.

12-4, #1 seed.

#KubiakThangs
#We'reScrewed
Congrats to Kubiak. My suspicion is that he read this thread.

Simple Jaded
01-03-2016, 09:54 PM
We should make a thread for NFL officials then.

Simple Jaded
01-03-2016, 09:55 PM
This game was officiated well though.

Cugel
01-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Ok, where do I start?

12-4, #1 seed.

#KubiakThangs
#We'reScrewed

Gary? Is that you? :lol:

TXBRONC
01-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Congrats to Kubiak. My suspicion is that he read this thread.

Hey Spike, is getting the number one seed in playoffs a good way to get screwed? :D

Btw the way I have it on good word that Kukiak come here specifically to find thread started by you and to laugh at anything posted by Joel.

spikerman
01-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Hey Spike, is getting the number one seed in playoffs a good way to get screwed? :D

Btw the way I have it on good word that Kukiak come here specifically to find thread started by you and to laugh at anything posted by Joel.
Kubiak knows good advice when he reads it. :D

TXBRONC
01-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Kubiak knows good advice when he reads it. :D

Yeah that's why I'm conference calls with him once a week. He values my advice more than gold.

Davii
01-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Ok, where do I start?

12-4, #1 seed.

#KubiakThangs
#We'reScrewed

I love runs from the shitgun.

TXBRONC
01-05-2016, 03:48 PM
I love runs from the shitgun.

It sounds like diarrhea to me.

pnbronco
01-25-2016, 11:32 AM

So how do you feel today spiker???? You know you're my boy and I'm not picking on you and we all have a lot less hair after this season, even me. :laugh: The second happiest I felt last night was when I heard Sandy who has been on Manning and Kubes all season say Kubes out coached Belichick. Manning has said more than once this last month that he had to learn patience.... it's a lesson we've all had to learn.

When I watched Ware's talk after the game I saw what the players have seen in Coach Kubes. He almost teared up when he said that they called a time out so he could be effective on that last play with D....that they had his back. I've heard that players would run through a wall for him and what I heard in Ware's voice told me that was a honest statement.

Northman
01-25-2016, 11:39 AM
http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages/201109/Marvin_the_robot_97A141EE-90A8-4A3A-D08A7695C320C8DF.png

spikerman
01-25-2016, 08:48 PM
So how do you feel today spiker???? You know you're my boy and I'm not picking on you and we all have a lot less hair after this season, even me. :laugh: The second happiest I felt last night was when I heard Sandy who has been on Manning and Kubes all season say Kubes out coached Belichick. Manning has said more than once this last month that he had to learn patience.... it's a lesson we've all had to learn.

When I watched Ware's talk after the game I saw what the players have seen in Coach Kubes. He almost teared up when he said that they called a time out so he could be effective on that last play with D....that they had his back. I've heard that players would run through a wall for him and what I heard in Ware's voice told me that was a honest statement.
So, the results speak for themselves, but I will say that I still don't like his play calling. I would like nothing more than to say I couldn't have been more wrong about the coach who brought us a world championship this season. I hope I get that chance.

Oh, and I definitely deserve to be called out for that; I don't mind. I want to, and do, root for him, but his play calling is so damn predictable.

Pudge
01-25-2016, 08:50 PM
So, the results speak for themselves, but I will say that I still don't like his play calling. I would like nothing more than to say I couldn't have been more wrong about the coach who brought us a world championship this season. I hope I get that chance.

The offense has been hard to get used to, but here we are. If we don't lose in embarrassing fashion I'll be happier than I was with Fox.

spikerman
01-25-2016, 09:27 PM
The offense has been hard to get used to, but here we are. If we don't lose in embarrassing fashion I'll be happier than I was with Fox.
I just see so many things that seem obvious to me, that this offense NEVER does.

Pudge
01-25-2016, 10:09 PM
I just see so many things that seem obvious to me, that this offense NEVER does.

I agree, it's been painful at times.

Dapper Dan
01-26-2016, 12:06 AM

Obvious, like benching Schofield?

Joel
01-26-2016, 02:32 AM

I've practically been the president of Kubiaks BF fan club since Fox was still here, so don't know why you'd say that (though I have suspicions.... ;))

spikerman
01-26-2016, 06:18 AM
Obvious, like benching Schofield?

Nah, I'm talking specifically about play calling.

Joel
01-26-2016, 06:35 AM
Wish he'd bench HILLMAN, and not for being too mentally and/or otherwise lazy to fall on that lateral. Quiz: Match the following Broncos with their AFCCG rushing:

CJ Anderson 16 carries for 72 yds (4.5/att) long of 30
Ronnie Hillman 11 carries for 16 yds (1.5/att) long of 7
Peyton Manning 3 carries for 11 yds (3.3/att) long of 12

Give up? THEY'RE ALREADY MATCHED. That is, Manning's ONE run gained nearly as much as ALL ELEVEN OF HILLMANS, and was nearly TWICE as long as ANY of Hillmans, leaving our slow, injured, surgically repaired immobile QB with OVER TWICE HILLMANS RUSHING AVERAGE. And it's really higher than that, because it counts his kneel down for a loss on the final play. Seriously, wtf is Hillman DOING to remain in the lineup?!

Meanwhile, all CJ did was pick up 72 of our 99 rushing yards, including the big 30 yarder from midfield that set up what proved to be our final score, and thus the game-winner. Take away that one and he was still 15 for 42, which is <3, but still nearly TWICE Hillmans 1.5 on 11 carries. Yes, NE* sold out on stopping the run: But that affected CJ as well, and he PRODUCED a lot more; at least he didn't get out-RBed by MANNING. Or lose the ball; in a SB against a team that led the league in turnover differential and got there by causing SEVEN in ONE GAME, that's kind of important.

Just not seeing what Hillman brings to the table right now except a TON of liabilities SB underdogs can't afford. Prove me wrong, Ronnie—FAST!

Davii
01-26-2016, 07:29 AM
I've practically been the president of Kubiaks BF fan club since Fox was still here, so don't know why you'd say that (though I have suspicions.... ;))

Do you even read your own posts? 95% of the time you're the most negative person around here. You were on here bitching within hours of the Broncos punching their ticket to the Super Bowl

Joel
01-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Do you even read your own posts?
Yes, I do.

95% of the time you're the most negative person around here. You were on here bitching within hours of the Broncos punching their ticket to the Super Bowl
How's that refute what I just said? Yes, I've been consistently and harshly critical: Because I'm convinced an EASILY CORRECTED fatal flaw has doomed Manning to retire without another Ring despite an otherwise flawLESS team practically the whole last four years. Okay, the safeties haven't been great, but the CBs were good enough across the board that was survivable. But the line can't block well enough to run OR protect an immobile, aging QB with an injury history.

Why would ANY of that make me upset with Kubiak? The guy who, with Dennison, made his name on ONE thing:

1) An elite line that can (and has) make ANYONE the kind of steady run support Manning desperately needs, and provide the protection he needs just as badly.

My complaint about Kubiak, Dennison (and Wade whom I love as only a born Oilers fan can) is that WE DIDN'T BRING THEM IN A YEAR SOONER when it would've made the championship difference for Manning. And I'd expect anyone and everyone who noted the CONTENT rather than just TONE of my posts to know that, because THAT'S been every bit as consistent as the tone.

"He always says he fell for the team because of the line that then won a pair of SBs, and always opposed the Manning signing because we didn't have a line to run for or protect him; he must really hate Kubiak." That make any sense? I'm so pissed we keep heading for a cliff that I must hate the guy steering us away from it?:confused:

I just hope (but doubt) he got here in TIME. I look forward to years of "you always think everything's fine; why can't you be honest and admit Kubiak's RUINED us?!"

Northman
01-26-2016, 09:14 AM
The Broncos shouldnt even take the field, they have no chance like they did against NE or Pitt or Cincy, or.......

NightTerror218
01-26-2016, 10:05 AM
Wish he'd bench HILLMAN, and not for being too mentally and/or otherwise lazy to fall on that lateral. Quiz: Match the following Broncos with their AFCCG rushing:

CJ Anderson 16 carries for 72 yds (4.5/att) long of 30
Ronnie Hillman 11 carries for 16 yds (1.5/att) long of 7
Peyton Manning 3 carries for 11 yds (3.3/att) long of 12

Give up? THEY'RE ALREADY MATCHED. That is, Manning's ONE run gained nearly as much as ALL ELEVEN OF HILLMANS, and was nearly TWICE as long as ANY of Hillmans, leaving our slow, injured, surgically repaired immobile QB with OVER TWICE HILLMANS RUSHING AVERAGE. And it's really higher than that, because it counts his kneel down for a loss on the final play. Seriously, wtf is Hillman DOING to remain in the lineup?!

Meanwhile, all CJ did was pick up 72 of our 99 rushing yards, including the big 30 yarder from midfield that set up what proved to be our final score, and thus the game-winner. Take away that one and he was still 15 for 42, which is <3, but still nearly TWICE Hillmans 1.5 on 11 carries. Yes, NE* sold out on stopping the run: But that affected CJ as well, and he PRODUCED a lot more; at least he didn't get out-RBed by MANNING. Or lose the ball; in a SB against a team that led the league in turnover differential and got there by causing SEVEN in ONE GAME, that's kind of important.

Just not seeing what Hillman brings to the table right now except a TON of liabilities SB underdogs can't afford. Prove me wrong, Ronnie&mdash;FAST!

Wow you always pick one player or group and just harp on then. You do realize that Hillman was the teams leading rusher all season.

That are a tandem, one works better against different teams. Most of Andersons yards came on 1 rush anyways.

Joel
01-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Wow you always pick one player or group and just harp on then. You do realize that Hillman was the teams leading rusher all season.
Do YOU realize Hillman had almost 150 more carries, and averaged right at the LEAGUE average (4.2) while Anderson averaged 4.7?

That are a tandem, one works better against different teams. Most of Andersons yards came on 1 rush anyways.
No, the majority of CJs yards (42) were on the other 15 carries, which, again, makes his average more than TWICE Hillmans even if we drop the 30-yarder that set up the game-winning score. Though why we should drop our LONGEST RUN OF THE DAY, that GAVE US THE CONFERENCE-WINNING SCORE is unclear. The big game-winners count, too; not CJs fault Hillmans "big one" (7 yds) wasn't even as big as our aging, injured immobile QBs "big one" (12 yds.)

When part of the RB tandem's getting less on the ground than PFM, that's a problem, especially when he commits the LONE turnover that keeps the opponent alive.

Joel
01-26-2016, 11:01 AM
The Broncos shouldnt even take the field, they have no chance like they did against NE or Pitt or Cincy, or.......
The only one of those teams as complete as Carolina is Cincy—except their STARTING QB missed the game hurt, so we got a sophomore in his second career start. Cam's a touch better than that. The good news is he really is practically their whole offense; I forget the exact numbers, but he scored about 75% of their TDs this year, so if we can handle him, we've handled their offense. I just hope OUR is up to snuff against a very good D.

Davii
01-26-2016, 12:43 PM
We're screwed guys. I was going to throw a super bowl party but I'm cancelling it.

Northman
01-26-2016, 01:53 PM
The only one of those teams as complete as Carolina is Cincy—except their STARTING QB missed the game hurt, so we got a sophomore in his second career start. Cam's a touch better than that. The good news is he really is practically their whole offense; I forget the exact numbers, but he scored about 75% of their TDs this year, so if we can handle him, we've handled their offense. I just hope OUR is up to snuff against a very good D.

You are so bad at this Joel. Denver was not a complete team the entire year either and yet we still found ways to win. Give me a break.

Timmy!
01-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Classic thread. Good work spiker.

Valar Morghulis
01-26-2016, 03:28 PM
I am pleased this year to have you guys, after our last Superbowl embarrassing defeat I had no-one to hold me, now I will be able to wallow in all our continual tears.

Davii
01-26-2016, 03:48 PM
We're so ******. No chance, no chance in hell.

BroncoBuckeye73
01-26-2016, 04:30 PM
I have been on nfl.com and a few others the last few days and according to Panther fans we are down 50 before the kickoff and its only going to get worse. Maybe we should just thank them politely for the oppurtunity to try and play and just give them the title.

spikerman
01-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Classic thread. Good work spiker.

I'm just glad that Kubiak used this thread for motivation.

Broncos Country - You. Are. Welcome.

Joel
01-26-2016, 10:48 PM
You are so bad at this Joel. Denver was not a complete team the entire year either and yet we still found ways to win. Give me a break.
An incomplete team beating many other incomplete teams proves it can beat a complete one? Walk me through that, please.

MOtorboat
01-26-2016, 11:26 PM
#nochance

This is going to be a long two weeks.

Northman
01-27-2016, 06:25 AM
Joel's theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrp815ctBiA

Joel
01-27-2016, 07:22 AM
The Broncos shouldnt even take the field, they have no chance like they did against NE or Pitt or Cincy, or.......The only one of those teams as complete as Carolina is Cincy—except their STARTING QB missed the game hurt, so we got a sophomore in his second career start. Cam's a touch better than that. The good news is he really is practically their whole offense; I forget the exact numbers, but he scored about 75% of their TDs this year, so if we can handle him, we've handled their offense. I just hope OUR is up to snuff against a very good D.
An incomplete team beating many other incomplete teams proves it can beat a complete one? Walk me through that, please.Joel's theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrp815ctBiA
Thanks for clarifying your point, explaining its reasoning and showing evidence for it: I fully understand now.

Please keep teaching me how to argue from logic and evidence, and to avoid indulging mere fan fantasy and personal attacks. Sorry I'm not as "good" at that as you.

MOtorboat
01-27-2016, 01:02 PM
This makes sense now. Joel thinks Denver didn't win the Green Bay Super Bowl because all the logic leading up to the game said Green Bay was the favorite, therefore they won.

BroncoJoe
01-27-2016, 01:07 PM
This makes sense now. Joel thinks Denver didn't win the Green Bay Super Bowl because all the logic leading up to the game said Green Bay was the favorite, therefore they won.

As fate would have it, that game is being played right now on NFLN.

I might cry. Again.

weazel
01-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Well I'm gonna post this again because it worked last week!

Broncos might as well just stay in Denver and forget about even showing up... Perennial losers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf-AmedKfRc

Davii
01-27-2016, 04:17 PM
Who's the "complete team" we're talking about?

The pessimism around this place is mind boggling.

Joel
01-28-2016, 01:35 AM
Who's the "complete team" we're talking about?

The pessimism around this place is mind boggling.
Carolina. Cincinatti if they'd had Dalton, but they didn't, so Carolina's the first truly complete team we've faced. Their WRs aren't great or deep, but not awful either. Other than that, it's hard to see a hole: Great offensive line, QB, RB; great front four, pass rush, LBs and secondary. If we could run block OR pass block even half-way decently, I'd still feel good with the #1 D and plenty of playmakers at all offensive skill positions. As it is... doable, but I understand why they're favored.

Joel
01-28-2016, 01:39 AM
They WERE favorites: By 13½ pts. But favorite=/=victor. Since we're talking about that though, it does blow up that whole "you just jumped on our bandwagon because going WINLESS in the postseason against a SECOND-YEAR EXPANSION TEAM made it OBVIOUS we'd win the next SB. Even though the AFC hadn't won in over a DECADE, we didn't even win our DIVISION, and were huge underdogs against the DEFENDING CHAMPS after we played three road games while they hosted two."

I know of no dated pop culture videos to "back up" all that for folks who like that stuff; I'll just have to try to get by on concrete indisputable CORROBORATING FACTS.

MOtorboat
01-28-2016, 01:53 AM
They WERE favorites: By 13½ pts. But favorite=victor.

Like I said. No wonder you're so miserable. You think Denver lost that game.

Joel
01-28-2016, 03:12 AM
Like I said. No wonder you're so miserable. You think Denver lost that game.
Sorry, typo: Favorite=/= victor, and consider it edited.