SR
12-20-2015, 07:57 PM
Discuss.

chazoe60
12-20-2015, 07:58 PM
So far I am extremely unimpressed.

tomjonesrocks
12-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Well they are done. So there's time to evaluate.

Brock can play for KC or something too.

NightTerror218
LMFAO. New coach new system and you expect miracles. ****.

Poet
His one lone strength as a coach was offensive creativity and playcalling. The offense is not creative. The playcalling is not good.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Underwhelming. I fail to see what he's brought to this organization other than an unimaginative frustratingly stubborn offense, lack of discipline and a strengthening of the Old Boy's Club Elway seemingly wants to build.

SR
12-20-2015, 08:01 PM
LMFAO. New coach new system and you expect miracles. ****.

If basic things like halftime adjustments and sound play calling aren't happening, the "new system" and "new coach" copout 14 weeks in is stupid.

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 08:02 PM
If basic things like halftime adjustments and sound play calling aren't happening, the "new system" and "new coach" copout 14 weeks in is stupid.

Not really when you need certain players for a system. Like in Kubiak's a OL and a RB..

Dzone
12-20-2015, 08:02 PM
Im totally on the Fire Kubiak bandwagon. Kubiak sucks. The most boring and conservative coach in pro football.

SR
12-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Not really when you need certain players for a system. Like in Kubiak's a OL and a RB..

It's not an excuse anymore dude. There's two games left in the season. If they haven't found a way to maximize the talent and hide the deficiencies on this team, you can't put it on a new coach or new system. That's a copout and doesn't work.

DenBronx
12-20-2015, 08:06 PM
I was unimpressed before he even stepped foot in the door. I never got the hype train. He's not a good head coach, below average really.

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 08:06 PM
It's not an excuse anymore dude. There's two games left in the season. If they haven't found a way to maximize the talent and hide the deficiencies on this team, you can't put it on a new coach or new system. That's a copout and doesn't work.

So the coach is on the field and drops passes for 3rd down conversions or runs into the back oh his blockers for a loss on a run?

Bronco4ever
12-20-2015, 08:08 PM
It's pretty inexcusable to lose two consecutive weeks while holding two score leads at halftime and doing next to nothing in the 2nd half offensively.

arapaho2
12-20-2015, 08:15 PM
A great offensive mind will take that lead as it's not there...not expect it to hold.
He will also look at what worked and with the dc figure out what adjustments the other team will make to stop whats happening
And then call plays designed to beat what adjustments we believe they will make.

We dont...we just do nothing after the half...nothing

Magnificent Seven
12-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Wide Receiver Coaches Tyke Tolbert and Marc Lubick need to go. Too much dropped passes. They didn't coach them up enough.

Northman
12-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Just for Ravage.

Tomlin > Kubiak

Poet
12-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Tomlin is waaaaaaaay better than Kubiak. Tomlin is a leader, and we can't say he's winning with Cowher's team right now. Tomlin can't manage the clock. Kubiak can't manage a team.

spikerman
12-20-2015, 08:27 PM
"Why in the hell do they have to have that pesky second half anyway?" -Gary Kubiak

Dzone
12-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Lets not forget that Kubiak helped Houston to the worst record in pro football and a first overall pick. Same with Fox. When are we going to stop hiring losers?

Mike
12-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Better OC than HC. Done with the guy. Saw all I needed to see, same second-half adjustment issues as Shanahan. You can talk about systems and players all you want, but you can't change the way he coaches.

spikerman
12-20-2015, 08:31 PM
John, hire me. I appear to know SO much more than Kubiak about winning football.

tripp
12-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Better OC than HC. Done with the guy. Saw all I needed to see, same second-half adjustment issues as Shanahan. You can talk about systems and players all you want, but you can't change the way he coaches.

My fear is Elway will let his friendship with Kubiak get in the way of making the right move for the Broncos, whatever that may be.

Northman
12-20-2015, 08:34 PM
My fear is Elway will let his friendship with Kubiak get in the way of making the right move for the Broncos, whatever that may be.

Doubtful, but i doubt he fires him after one year. Just dont see that but if we have much more of this (like we did with Fox) than i can see John pulling the plug.

Dzone
12-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Last week Kubiak got outcoached by Del Rio. This week he got outcoached by Tomlin. Kubiak is not a championship coach.

SR
12-20-2015, 08:41 PM
So the coach is on the field and drops passes for 3rd down conversions or runs into the back oh his blockers for a loss on a run?

That's also a copout.

Traveler
12-20-2015, 08:46 PM
...and get Manning off the sideline. He's bad luck the last two weeks. ~sarcasm~ Seriously, Kubiak's playcalling has sucked, especially in the 2nd half. PIT has the worst secondary in the league. Denver was burning them up and Kubiak goes conservative in the 2nd half trying to force the run. Getting déjà vu from the Shannahan days.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 08:57 PM

When a coach doesn't adjust his system to his personnel and tries to fit a square peg into a round hole, that's bad coaching.

elsid13
12-20-2015, 08:59 PM
When players don't make plays no play calling is going to overcome that. The issue isn't the play calls it's the players.

Mike
12-20-2015, 09:02 PM
When players don't make plays no play calling is going to overcome that. The issue isn't the play calls it's the players.

ok ..

Drpj
12-20-2015, 09:06 PM
While Brock has only played 4 games in the NFL...he will learn as he grows. Scofield allows almost everyone to dominate home and is very weak at his position. Allowing too much pressure on a freshman quarterback makes for mistakes. Scofield needs help on his side and more training to hold his position.
Kubiak's play calling in 2nd half was easily defensible for a top notch team like the Steelers. Our pass defense was wide open for Ben to carve up...too many mistakes in coverage. No offense in 2nd half is most likely to be a loser in any situation.

Northman
12-20-2015, 09:08 PM
While Brock has only played 4 games in the NFL...he will learn as he grows. Scofield allows almost everyone to dominate home and is very weak at his position. Allowing too much pressure on a freshman quarterback makes for mistakes. Scofield needs help on his side and more training to hold his position.
Kubiak's play calling in 2nd half was easily defensible for a top notch team like the Steelers. Our pass defense was wide open for Ben to carve up...too many mistakes in coverage. No offense in 2nd half is most likely to be a loser in any situation.

The thing that bothered me was in the 2nd half the Steelers put max protection for Ben whereas they took away that max protection for Brock in the second half. Made no sense at all.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 09:09 PM

Brock is not analogous to a freshman though...he's like a redshirt junior who is getting his first chance to start. More is expected of that kind of player than a freshman/rookie.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 09:14 PM
Brock is not analogous to a freshman though...he's like a redshirt junior who is getting his first chance to start. More is expected of that kind of player than a freshman/rookie.

He's practically a rookie.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Btw, don't look now but that #1 defense gave up 34 points and got their ass handed to them.

But, play calling, amirite?

Northman
12-20-2015, 09:18 PM

Brock is 3-2 as a starter, he has 8 TD's vs 4 Int's. He has a QB rating over 85 (will probably dip a little after today). Hardly poor numbers in my opinion.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 09:19 PM
He's practically a rookie.

He's a first year starter but he's had 3 years of learning behind Peyton Manning. Rookies don't get that.

Btw, don't look now but that #1 defense gave up 34 points and got their ass handed to them.

But, play calling, amirite?

Good offense should beat good defense. I sure didn't expect our secondary to get absolutely torched like that, but it was crazy to think our defense could actually win us the game against that high-powered offense.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Brock is 3-2 as a starter, he has 8 TD's vs 4 Int's. He has a QB rating over 85 (will probably dip a little after today). Hardly poor numbers in my opinion.

He hasn't been bad, but I'm not confident at all that he can be a franchise QB.

Ziggy
12-20-2015, 09:21 PM
I love Kubes, but no one can argue that the Broncos get outcoached nearly every week. 2nd half performances compared to the first are a direct reflection of coaching adjustments. The Broncos are failing miserably in that category. The Broncos came in with a great game plan and took a big half time lead. The Steelers came out in the second half and made all the right adjustments. The Broncos made none. Just like last week when they didn't double and triple team Mack, no adjustments were made. That's all on the coaching staff.

spikerman
12-20-2015, 09:21 PM

What are his 2nd half numbers?

Northman
12-20-2015, 09:26 PM
What are his 2nd half numbers?

The numbers are everything he has done at this point. The good with the bad but its his first 5 games. Im sorry people are upset he isnt a HOF by now but no young QB would be playing any better at this point. Its a joke that anyone would think so.

Poet
12-20-2015, 09:28 PM
To be fair, if Brock has bad second half numbers, and you have a bad veteran second half HC, I know which one I would be more likely to get rid of.

aberdien
12-20-2015, 09:30 PM
If you're asking if Kubiak is a SB calibur HC, the answer is no. If you're implying he's going to get fired anytime soon, lol.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 09:32 PM
30 passes to 8 runs in the second half, plenty of shotgun and plenty of spread, maybe we could be more specific about the play calling.

Where this team is failing is at the line of scrimmage, put in Osweiler, put in Aaron Rodgers, put in Adrian Peterson. . .it's not the playcalling.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 09:36 PM
He's a first year starter but he's had 3 years of learning behind Peyton Manning. Rookies don't get that.

Good offense should beat good defense. I sure didn't expect our secondary to get absolutely torched like that, but it was crazy to think our defense could actually win us the game against that high-powered offense.
A, Tebow was given the rookie excuse right up until he was cut by the Eagles, that's where that joke comes from.

B, the defense got abused, I love this defense I'm just saying there's enough blame to go around. Broncos offense put up 27, that's enough to win any game.

Poet
12-20-2015, 09:37 PM
Uh, considering how Rodgers and Peterson have produced with less than great lines, I'm not quite so sure that's correct. Regardless, your offense went from lighting them up to doing nothing, and Pitt clearly adjusted.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Uh, considering how Rodgers and Peterson have produced with less than great lines, I'm not quite so sure that's correct. Regardless, your offense went from lighting them up to doing nothing, and Pitt clearly adjusted.

Less than great would be a massive upgrade over this line.

Btw, those adjustments Pitt made was simply less zone defense, the Broncos WR's didn't adjust. The coaches gave them every opportunity.

Poet
12-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Less than great would be a massive upgrade over this line.

Okay, how about I'll be more blunt - Rodgers put up MVP numbers with one of the worst lines in the league.

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2015, 09:45 PM
2nd week in a row that the opposing coach has coached cirlces around Kubiak at halftime. Dude is absolutely terrible with halftime adjustments.

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 09:47 PM

Um SB 2 yrs ago says otherwise.

BroncoJoe
12-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Good ******* lord. I might have to ban myself. You guys are pathetic.

Poet
12-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Good ******* lord. I might have to ban myself. You guys are pathetic.

If you leave why should I stay?

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Okay, how about I'll be more blunt - Rodgers put up MVP numbers with one of the worst lines in the league.

Yeah, I'm not backing down, this line is worse.

Poet
12-20-2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I'm not backing down, this line is worse.

So you mean to tell me that this line is so bad it somehow stops Kubiak from making halftime adjustments? It has cognitive death connotations?

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 09:59 PM
So you mean to tell me that this line is so bad it somehow stops Kubiak from making halftime adjustments? It has cognitive death connotations?

Not at all what I'm saying, I'm saying the playbook itself is limited by the shit OL, who knows what Kubiak would do otherwise?

But you're saying that Kubiak is so completely inept that he can't dial up plays to beat man-to-man?

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 10:01 PM
Um SB 2 yrs ago says otherwise.

The game was a fluke. Why do people not get this? Games like that happen from time to time in the NFL, and they are not repeatable.

You realize we rematched them with basically the same players and coaches and the game went to OT, right?

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 10:05 PM
The game was a fluke. Why do people not get this? Games like that happen from time to time in the NFL, and they are not repeatable.

You realize we rematched them with basically the same players and coaches and the game went to OT, right?

Not repeatable? If anything I think the Broncos have proven you need more than just a great passing game to beat playoff defenses.

OrangeFanatic
12-20-2015, 10:06 PM

So when it doesn't matter equals when it does matter. Got ya

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 10:06 PM

No, it's not. The high powered defense always beats the high powered offense in the playoffs.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Not repeatable? If anything I think the Broncos have proven you need more than just a great passing game to beat playoff defenses.

48-8 or whatever the hell the final score ended up being is not repeatable. It's silly for people to keep bringing up that game for every argument against Manning, spread offenses, the passing game, or anything else.

So when it doesn't matter equals when it does matter. Got ya

What? I don't even know what this says.

No, it's not. The high powered defense always beats the high powered offense in the playoffs.

So if today's game against PIT was a playoff game, we would have won? Why? The game doesn't magically change when it becomes an elimination game.

NE beat Seattle last year, btw.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Sorry Staples, wasn't saying shit about the Broncos spread, it's been fun to watch (as long as it's an all time great running it), I'm merely saying that outcome was repeated with their one dimensional offense getting handled in the playoffs.

Without a future HoF'r running the spread it has zero chance on its own, imo, need a running game and defense. That's been repeated too.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Sorry Staples, wasn't saying shit about the Broncos spread, it's been fun to watch (as long as it's an all time great running it), I'm merely saying that outcome was repeated with their one dimensional offense getting handled in the playoffs.

Without a future HoF'r running the spread it has zero chance on its own, imo, need a running game and defense. That's been repeated too.

I didn't mean you for that one, I've seen Joel and Cugel bring up the Seattle game numerous times and someone brought it up in the gameday thread.

Future HoFer might be a bit of a stretch, but I don't entirely disagree. I think if you don't have a great QB, nothing else you do is going to matter a whole lot anyway...and if you do have a great QB, letting them run a spread offense gets the most from them.

sneakers
12-20-2015, 11:07 PM
lol fire everyone

who's gonna coach?

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 11:10 PM
48-8 or whatever the hell the final score ended up being is not repeatable. It's silly for people to keep bringing up that game for every argument against Manning, spread offenses, the passing game, or anything else.

What? I don't even know what this says.

So if today's game against PIT was a playoff game, we would have won? Why? The game doesn't magically change when it becomes an elimination game.

NE beat Seattle last year, btw.

It's not a playoff game now is it? If this and if that. Wtf?

Davii
12-20-2015, 11:10 PM
lol fire everyone

who's gonna coach?

I think we've got enough firepower here to make it happen. We always have someone that knows better no matter the situation.

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 11:17 PM
lol fire everyone

who's gonna coach?

Plenty of couch coaches and armchair QBs here. We are solid.

Davii
12-20-2015, 11:38 PM
lol fire everyone

who's gonna coach?

Can Manning be the OC? He looks good with a playsheet in front of his face.

I Eat Staples
12-20-2015, 11:38 PM
It's not a playoff game now is it? If this and if that. Wtf?

You said great defenses beat great offenses in the playoffs. Today, we watched our great defense lose to a great offense.

Please, tell me how the result would have been different if it were a playoff game?

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 11:46 PM
I didn't mean you for that one, I've seen Joel and Cugel bring up the Seattle game numerous times and someone brought it up in the gameday thread.

Future HoFer might be a bit of a stretch, but I don't entirely disagree. I think if you don't have a great QB, nothing else you do is going to matter a whole lot anyway...and if you do have a great QB, letting them run a spread offense gets the most from them.

I think the shotgun spread is fine for the passing game, I would love nothing more than a team that could go seemlessly into a spread at will, it's truly where the running game comes into the discussion that we don't agree.

Hell, the Broncos have been going shotgun formation for decades and I have no issue with that.

Edit, believe me, I'm fully aware that there is nothing special about Kubiak's passing game.

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 11:56 PM
You said great defenses beat great offenses in the playoffs. Today, we watched our great defense lose to a great offense.

Please, tell me how the result would have been different if it were a playoff game?

History says defense wins championships. Manning says offense wins the regular season.

Um the SB on the line, you know own that trophy that everyone wants....I think its called the Lombardi Trophy. Losing today, well all it was was a loss and did the end the season.

Ask Cameron Chancellor how the post season is different a D what you will ay through in the playoffs. He played on a torn ligaments last post season.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 12:03 AM
History says defense wins championships. Manning says offense wins the regular season.

Um the SB on the line, you know own that trophy that everyone wants....I think its called the Lombardi Trophy. Losing today, well all it was was a loss and did the end the season.

Ask Cameron Chancellor how the post season is different a D what you will ay through in the playoffs. He played on a torn ligaments last post season.

You aren't answering my question. Why would Denver have won today's game if it counted as a playoff game? There is no answer to this question because we wouldn't have. The only difference between playoffs and regular season is quality of competition; Denver and a healthy PIT are both playoff competition, so there is literally no difference.

"History" means nothing because today's game is not the same as the game of "history." If the rules were the same as they were in the 80's, I'd agree with you. But they're not.

Dapper Dan
12-21-2015, 12:08 AM
We look ******* retarded saying this shit. I hope fans of other teams don't get on here. I'm sure they're laughing their asses off.

DenBronx
12-21-2015, 12:30 AM
We look ******* retarded saying this shit. I hope fans of other teams don't get on here. I'm sure they're laughing their asses off.

For what? Calling our coach out?

ShaneFalco
12-21-2015, 12:31 AM
Gruden!

Davii
12-21-2015, 12:34 AM
Gruden!

He isn't coming back to coach. He makes more money on TV and has a LOT more time off.

TimHippo
12-21-2015, 12:41 AM
You aren't answering my question. Why would Denver have won today's game if it counted as a playoff game? There is no answer to this question because we wouldn't have. The only difference between playoffs and regular season is quality of competition; Denver and a healthy PIT are both playoff competition, so there is literally no difference.

"History" means nothing because today's game is not the same as the game of "history." If the rules were the same as they were in the 80's, I'd agree with you. But they're not.

This was a must win for Pittsburgh so it was basically a playoff game. However I'm not sure if we treated it like a playoff game at the end there.

TimHippo
12-21-2015, 12:49 AM
For what? Calling our coach out?

There's no problem with calling out the coach but if you are going to do that you should call out Elway too. Elway is the one who got rid of Not Too Shabby for Kubiak because it was supposed to be an upgrade. And that has backfired miserably.

Davii
12-21-2015, 12:58 AM
There's no problem with calling out the coach but if you are going to do that you should call out Elway too. Elway is the one who got rid of Not Too Shabby for Kubiak because it was supposed to be an upgrade. And that has backfired miserably.

I must've slept more than I wanted. What happened the last two weeks of the season and in the playoffs? Must've been ugly to call Kubes a failure already.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 01:14 AM
This was a must win for Pittsburgh so it was basically a playoff game. However I'm not sure if we treated it like a playoff game at the end there.

If we didn't treat that game like a playoff game, we won't treat an actual playoff game like a playoff game. The mentality of players does not change in the playoffs; some guys have that never say die, kick and scream attitude, and others don't. People don't change because it's an elimination game.

The media likes to play up the whole "choking" vs "clutch performance" crap because it makes for good stories, and fans eat it up. Players are just going out there and doing their jobs, they don't have time to stop and think about the moment during the play like fans and media like to think.

JPPT1974
12-21-2015, 01:18 AM
Don't blast him just yet. As really it is his first year. Just give him time.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2015, 01:35 AM
Don't blast him just yet. As really it is his first year. Just give him time.

Not to mention our offense has been operating with an over the hill qb, or an inexperienced qb, complimented by an offensive line that can't block.

Dzone
12-21-2015, 05:01 AM
Kubiak was 61-64 as Houston coach with a 2-2 playoff record.

SR
12-21-2015, 06:15 AM
If you leave why should I stay?

Ummm

spikerman
12-21-2015, 08:07 AM
For me, the problem is not losing the games, that happens; it's the apparent inability to make any adjustments to respond to what the other team is doing. I expect more from an NFL head coach. If it happens in one game ok, but it's a routine occurrence.

Dzone
12-21-2015, 09:12 AM
Coming out in the second half, seemed like Kubes thought we had the game won and put the team on cruise control. Joel Dreesen is saying there is a history of Kubiak teams folding in second half of games they have a big lead.In other words-No killer instinct. Cant finish anyone off. Two weeks in a row and yes, there is a history of this kind of crap with this coach.

OrangeHoof
12-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Im totally on the Fire Kubiak bandwagon. Kubiak sucks. The most boring and conservative coach in pro football.

...next to John Fox.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 10:11 AM
So, your team is ahead by two touchdowns, and scored TD's on every drive except the first one (which our RB fumbled, leading to the only TD for PIT in the 1st half) the defense is holding one of the best offenses in the league to one TD (which as explained before was a gimme) and two FG's.

I'm curious: exactly what half-time adjustments you all want Kubiak to make considering the above?

spikerman
12-21-2015, 10:21 AM
So, your team is ahead by two touchdowns, and scored TD's on every drive except the first one (which our RB fumbled, leading to the only TD for PIT in the 1st half) the defense is holding one of the best offenses in the league to one TD (which as explained before was a gimme) and two FG's.

I'm curious: exactly what half-time adjustments you all want Kubiak to make considering the above?

Once Pittsburgh's defense adjusted and started to control Denver's offense, the coach should be able to figure out ways to exploit what they're doing. That's what I expect from an NFL head coach, especially one whose bread and butter is offense.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 10:46 AM
Once Pittsburgh's defense adjusted and started to control Denver's offense, the coach should be able to figure out ways to exploit what they're doing. That's what I expect from an NFL head coach, especially one whose bread and butter is offense.

I just don't think it was the play calling as much as execution. Coach's problem? Probably, but a bad coach wouldn't have gotten his team to score 27 points in the first half either.

Mike
12-21-2015, 10:53 AM
I just don't think it was the play calling as much as execution. Coach's problem? Probably, but a bad coach wouldn't have gotten his team to score 27 points in the first half either.

No, as a coach it is your job to adjust the way you are calling the game and help your players (especially inexperienced ones) adjust to what the defense is doing. 0 points in the second half again. That is all on coaching. It is the same problem Shanahan had. Kubiak learned from Shanahan. I don't think he is capable of making in game adjustments.

Denver obviously won't fire him this year. But Denver will not win the SB with him and most likely will be a second place team fighting for a WC (maybe) spot with him.

NightTerror218
12-21-2015, 10:59 AM

This is a stupid question. And therefore I wont answer. Are you seriously saying there is no difference between a regular season game and a playoff game?

Get off the what ifs already ffs

weazel
12-21-2015, 11:17 AM
So far I am extremely unimpressed.

remember the days when Shanahan would have the team up big in the first half only to watch the opposition make adjustments at half and have Shanny scratching his head asking himself why the Broncos lost? Well those days are back. Kubiak is Shanny 2.0

SR
12-21-2015, 11:27 AM
So, your team is ahead by two touchdowns, and scored TD's on every drive except the first one (which our RB fumbled, leading to the only TD for PIT in the 1st half) the defense is holding one of the best offenses in the league to one TD (which as explained before was a gimme) and two FG's. I'm curious: exactly what half-time adjustments you all want Kubiak to make considering the above?

As a coach he should've known that Pittsburgh was going to come out in the third fighting and trying to win because they have a wild card spot to play for. As the head coach it is up to him to make damned sure his players come out fighting. Harris on Brown was a mistake. Harris isn't fast enough to cover Brown. The coaches made zero adjustments to what was happening in the second half. They sat on a lead and played not to lose instead of putting their foot on Pittsburg's throat.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2015, 11:30 AM
remember the days when Shanahan would have the team up big in the first half only to watch the opposition make adjustments at half and have Shanny scratching his head asking himself why the Broncos lost? Well those days are back. Kubiak is Shanny 2.0

That's what I said in another thread.

Northman
12-21-2015, 11:37 AM

I really wish Joel was here to tell me how great Kubiak is again.

Davii
12-21-2015, 11:37 AM

Maybe not a halftime adjustment, but once you see Pitt bringing heat pretty regular a nice screen pass wouldn't be a bad idea.

Davii
12-21-2015, 11:38 AM
So, this thread makes me think that Kubiak "gots tacos", I want tacos. If we fire Kubiak can we keep the tacos?

elsid13
12-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Maybe not a halftime adjustment, but once you see Pitt bringing heat pretty regular a nice screen pass wouldn't be a bad idea.

To what injured running back. The last two weeks Denver has been crippled due to having two RBs with ankle sprains and no one that could come in and run the ball. The passing game did what was supposed to, force Pittsburgh into a Cover 2 shell, that's when running game is needed.

Davii
12-21-2015, 11:44 AM
To what injured running back. The last two weeks Denver has been crippled due to having two RBs with ankle sprains and no one that could come in and run the ball. The passing game did what was supposed to, force Pittsburgh into a Cover 2 shell, that's when running game is needed.

So I guess your answer is to continue to do the same thing that didn't work the entire second half?

If the running backs are so injured they can't catch a screen pass and run then how the hell are they trying to run, block, etc? I mean, obviously they can TRY if they're healthy enough to stand up and walk to the huddle, no?

Mike
12-21-2015, 11:48 AM

Then I would say going in to the game against a physical Steelers team with only two unhealthy RBs was a smart call by the coach.

TimHippo
12-21-2015, 12:03 PM
So I guess your answer is to continue to do the same thing that didn't work the entire second half?

If the running backs are so injured they can't catch a screen pass and run then how the hell are they trying to run, block, etc? I mean, obviously they can TRY if they're healthy enough to stand up and walk to the huddle, no?

Hillman is horrible at catching and running after catching. That's one of the main problems because when he's in there the offense becomes predictable since he's not a pass catching threat.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Shilo Keo played better yesterday; so there's that..

OrangeFanatic
12-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Hillman is horrible at catching and running after catching. That's one of the main problems because when he's in there the offense becomes predictable since he's not a pass catching threat.

My wife will not **** about how terrible Hillman is. For once I agree with her. RUN IT UP THE MIDDLE WITH HILLMAN WOOT!

Northman
12-21-2015, 12:29 PM
My wife will not **** about how terrible Hillman is. For once I agree with her. RUN IT UP THE MIDDLE WITH HILLMAN WOOT!

Weirdly enough my wife hates Hillman too. lol

For a while i was telling her he was improving but then the fumble happened and she just shook her head.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 12:49 PM
This is a stupid question. And therefore I wont answer. Are you seriously saying there is no difference between a regular season game and a playoff game?

Get off the what ifs already ffs

Sigh...you just don't get it.

You're the one who implied that Denver would have beaten Pittsburgh if it were a playoff game, despite the results of the game showing otherwise. I'm asking you to explain what reason you have to believe that, because the only reason you've provided is "because it's the playoffs."

And yes, there is no difference between Denver vs Pittsburgh in week 15 and Denver vs Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Same teams, same coaches. This wasn't a trap game against the Browns or some shit, these were two playoff contenders playing.

broncofaninfla
12-21-2015, 01:12 PM
How spoiled are we as fans that we call for the coaches head with a 10-4 record in his first season......

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 01:14 PM
How spoiled are we as fans that we call for the coaches head with a 10-4 record in his first season......

While starting a QB who has only 5 starts in his career, a shit-ton of injuries including a piecemealed offensive line.

weazel
12-21-2015, 01:30 PM
the best part is people blaming the QB, after his 5th start in the league AND the previous QB was much, much worse.

Slick
12-21-2015, 02:39 PM
the best part is people blaming the QB, after his 5th start in the league AND the previous QB was much, much worse.

He doesn't get the same shitty o line play, or crucial drops by the receivers excuses apparently.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2015, 02:40 PM
With poor quarterback play, no less.

Mike
12-21-2015, 02:51 PM
While starting a QB who has only 5 starts in his career, a shit-ton of injuries including a piecemealed offensive line.

My only argument....injuries, QBs, and oline did not jump off to leads against SD, Oak, and Pitts only to lose it in the second half. You can't use that argument when we are dominating first halves only to do nothing in the second half. That is the reason I am fired up against Kubiak. I can understand losing for any of the above reasons, but those reasons didn't prevent us from having good first halves of games. The other teams adjusted, we didn't.

I remember the end of Shanahan's tenure. This is what it felt like. I am not interested in going back to that.

MOtorboat
12-21-2015, 03:42 PM
He doesn't get the same shitty o line play, or crucial drops by the receivers excuses apparently.

So to be clear, we are now allowed to criticize all of the players playing poorly on the offense, not just the quarterback?

chazoe60
12-21-2015, 03:46 PM
So to be clear, we are now allowed to criticize all of the players playing poorly on the offense, not just the quarterback?

You were always free to do so.

Dzone
12-21-2015, 03:50 PM

Same reason John Fox got fired after winning numerous AFC west titles. This is Colorado. We dont put up with coaches who cant win the super bowl. Kubiak has never shown himself to be that type of coach. He has been mediocre his entire career

Poet
12-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Kubiak is working with a roster that was stacked before he got here. His record this season has very little to do with him. This is, to a certain extent, like the guy who replaced Jimmy Johnson.

Nomad
12-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Coaches and quarterbacks are the heroes if the team wins, and they're the zeros if the team loses. With this said, this is no surprise from a Kubiak coached team. The team, as a whole, is at fault.

Slick
12-21-2015, 04:15 PM

I always did. Manning was the focal point of the griping but no one excused the O line, inconsistent running or the drops.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 04:17 PM

When did you become such a crybaby?

Nomad
12-21-2015, 04:18 PM
Might be watching Manning on Monday night.

NightTerror218
12-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Sigh...you just don't get it.

You're the one who implied that Denver would have beaten Pittsburgh if it were a playoff game, despite the results of the game showing otherwise. I'm asking you to explain what reason you have to believe that, because the only reason you've provided is "because it's the playoffs."

And yes, there is no difference between Denver vs Pittsburgh in week 15 and Denver vs Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Same teams, same coaches. This wasn't a trap game against the Browns or some shit, these were two playoff contenders playing.

I said the game would have been different is did not say the Broncos would win.

And yes it's the playoffs. Everything is on the line. Ya it's different ffs.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 04:52 PM
I said the game would have been different is did not say the Broncos would win.

And yes it's the playoffs. Everything is on the line. Ya it's different ffs.

You said high powered defenses always beat high powered offenses in the playoffs. Denver is a high powered defense, Pittsburgh is a high powered offense.

Everything being on the line wasn't going to make Harris be able to cover Brown.

arapaho2
12-21-2015, 06:49 PM
I understand the anger at kubs...deserved...other teams fix and adjust we just do nothing and expect it to keep working
but...doesn't wade deserve a little criticism

Ya I know they had short fields...and three and outs

But that's no excuse to get lit up is it...we got very little pressure on Ben after the half...

Maybe it's nut picking. ..but I expect the number one defense to dominate all game not just a half

MOtorboat
12-21-2015, 06:51 PM
When did you become such a crybaby?

Well, after crying and whining and being a dick for six months because Manning was starting, I guess you have a good feel for it.

Osweiler does have only five starts. I like him and want to give him time. He needs more time. I think this thread is an overreaction. But I do find it funny and hypocritical that now all the same problems that were blamed on Manning (can't run because it's in the shotgun, can't move and it makes the line look bad, etc., etc.) are now being finally blamed for the problems on this offense as they should have all season. Anytime I mentioned any of the drops or the running game deficiencies or the sad sack offensive line you were right there to yell and scream at me because I wasn't blaming solely Manning.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 06:51 PM
I understand the anger at kubs...deserved...other teams fix and adjust we just do nothing and expect it to keep working

But that's no excuse to get lit up is it...we got very little pressure on Ben after the half...

Maybe it's nut picking. ..but I expect the number one defense to dominate all game not just a half

Nut picking? He'd probably like that...

MOtorboat
12-21-2015, 06:53 PM
And to this thread, specifically, you just don't go firing coaches every year if you don't win the Super Bowl. Ask Cleveland, Miami and Oakland how that type of thing is working out.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 06:58 PM
I think Kubiak, along with the support of Elway and the rest of the front office can win us a championship.

He was dealt a HOF QB in the latter stages of his career struggling with not only age, but injuries. Not to mention pretty major injuries on the OL - which for all you dumbasses out there was addressed. The injuries to Clady and Sambrilo (who was drafted to play RT, not LT) were unanticipated.

It's a miracle we're sitting at 10-4, IMO.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-21-2015, 07:00 PM

I don't necessarily think so. Pass rushers will get gassed if they don't get breaks. I think we had 1 first down in the 3rd quarter. That put our d in a really bad spot.

NightTerror218
12-21-2015, 07:07 PM
You said high powered defenses always beat high powered offenses in the playoffs. Denver is a high powered defense, Pittsburgh is a high powered offense.

Everything being on the line wasn't going to make Harris be able to cover Brown.

Then wait until the playoffs and see what happens since we are at still in the regular season.

Everything on the line ment Stewart and ward would have been on the field. Ware would have played entire game and ball wouldn't have been so limited. Guys would not take plays off. DT may have played better knowing he could go home for good.

MOtorboat
12-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Then wait until the playoffs and see what happens since we are at still in the regular season.

Everything on the line ment Stewart and ward would have been on the field. Ware would have played entire game and ball wouldn't have been so limited. Guys would not take plays off. DT may have played better knowing he could go home for good.

The Broncos season is on the line right now. If they lose the next two, they might not make the playoffs, and they don't have the tiebreaker with Kansas City or Pittsburgh now.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 07:19 PM
The Broncos season is on the line right now. If they lose the next two, they might not make the playoffs, and they don't have the tiebreaker with Kansas City or Pittsburgh now.

They could go 1-1 and still miss the playoffs.

Nomad
12-21-2015, 07:22 PM

BRONCOS win out, and get a first round bye to lick their wounds.

MOtorboat
12-21-2015, 07:24 PM
They could go 1-1 and still miss the playoffs.

Ouch. Really? 11-5 and no playoffs this year. That would suck.

MOtorboat
12-21-2015, 07:25 PM
BRONCOS win out, and get a first round bye to lick their wounds.

Maybe they do. But the point is if they're sitting people because it's not the playoffs and they're kind of banged up but could play and DT's drops can be excused because, well, the game really wasn't that important, at some point they have to stop that shit or they won't be in the playoffs at all.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 07:28 PM

I'm not saying we can't beat Pittsburgh. The game was close enough that either team could win in a rematch. I wouldn't love our chances, but wouldn't be surprised either way. I don't think our players would play any differently if the game happened to be played a few weeks from now.

Nomad
12-21-2015, 07:32 PM
Maybe they do. But the point is if they're sitting people because it's not the playoffs and they're kind of banged up but could play and DT's drops can be excused because, well, the game really wasn't that important, at some point they have to stop that shit or they won't be in the playoffs at all.

Just trying to present a little optimism. Lot of doom and gloom here.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Ouch. Really? 11-5 and no playoffs this year. That would suck.

A LOT would have to happen (like the Jets beating the Patriots), but yep.

weazel
12-22-2015, 10:33 AM

maybe a tiny bit but it's kind of hard on a defense when they're out there 90% of the half.

arapaho2
12-22-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't necessarily think so. Pass rushers will get gassed if they don't get breaks. I think we had 1 first down in the 3rd quarter. That put our d in a really bad spot.

ya I get that...but we have played all year with the same weak offense...its not like its the first time they have had to keep the lead or a team down all game...manning was only 1% point better in the 3n outs than OZ...what I seen was a lack of fundamentals in tackling.. specifically on roby who seemed to go to knock the ball out instead of wrapping up
then we had von, shak, ware and ray, as well as a full line ..we should not have been gassed

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 11:41 AM
ya I get that...but we have played all year with the same weak offense...its not like its the first time they have had to keep the lead or a team down all game...manning was only 1% point better in the 3n outs than OZ...what I seen was a lack of fundamentals in tackling.. specifically on roby who seemed to go to knock the ball out instead of wrapping up
then we had von, shak, ware and ray, as well as a full line ..we should not have been gassed

Well, the Steelers have the best receiving core in the league and Big Ben is elite. We just haven't faced a passing attack like that this year.

arapaho2
12-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Well, the Steelers have the best receiving core in the league and Big Ben is elite. We just haven't faced a passing attack like that this year.

true...but our defense played them well in the first half, it just seems like as with the offense, the defense came out flat
against Oakland we seen the same thing...even though we had a 10 minute advantage in the clock

I am in no way blaming the defense, we wouldn't even have 6 wins if it wasn't for them...but championship level defenses do not give up three score leads in a half

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 11:55 AM
true...but our defense played them well in the first half, it just seems like as with the offense, the defense came out flat
against Oakland we seen the same thing...even though we had a 10 minute advantage in the clock

I am in no way blaming the defense, we wouldn't even have 6 wins if it wasn't for them...but championship level defenses do not give up three score leads in a half

We only had a 2 score lead, and our offense was controlling top in the first half. You can keep giving Ben opportunities.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Sorry, "cant" keep giving him opportunities

Davii
12-22-2015, 11:58 AM
We only had a 2 score lead, and our offense was controlling top in the first half. You can keep giving Ben opportunities.

Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that we were playing with safeties that were watching football on Sundays just a few weeks ago. Our patchwork secondary got exposed. The only safety we played that has been with the team all year also had a broken leg.

silkamilkamonico
12-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that we were playing with safeties that were watching football on Sundays just a few weeks ago. Our patchwork secondary got exposed. The only safety we played that has been with the team all year also had a broken leg.

I can't believe people are freaking out about our defense. Stop and take a look who's actually playing. We had some dude named K-E-O out there for a good amount of the snaps. The secondary who played the most snaps played with a broken leg and should mainly only be a backup and special teams ace. I can't believe how stupid people can be in this place. Our front 7 was still very good.

7DnBrnc53
12-22-2015, 12:10 PM
I can't believe people are freaking out about our defense. Stop and take a look who's actually playing. We had some dude named K-E-O out there for a good amount of the snaps. The secondary who played the most snaps played with a broken leg and should mainly only be a backup and special teams ace. I can't believe how stupid people can be in this place. Our front 7 was still very good.

I'm not freaking out about them. They did OK. They got the ball back with a Marshall INT late in the game, and Kubiak was too stupid to call a run play to eat up time. He did that last year with the Ravens against New England in the playoffs. They had the ball around the NE 40, with 1:30 left, and they throw a pass to the end zone that is intercepted. What a moron.

EastCoastBronco
12-22-2015, 12:11 PM

Who is dissing the D?
The Defence and He-Manuel Sanders are currently the only bright spots.

Nomad
12-22-2015, 12:20 PM

While I agree, did Phillips or Harris try to tell them to come help out? Did Harris believe he could be Richard Sherman and shutdown Brown? When you have inexperience on the field, it takes the veterans & coaches to coach them up.

arapaho2
12-22-2015, 12:44 PM

im not overlooking that...what im saying is those same safetys did great in the first half...right?...same as they did in the first half of the oak game

but in the second half we suddenly cant stop anyone

I think the majority of the blame goes to the offense and kubiaks failure to adjust...but I also think wades showing some chinks in the second half armour late in the season

EastCoastBronco
12-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Most of you guys are not addressing the fact that the defence is worn out by the 4th quarter.
They have literally been on the field for 90% of the second half for the past 3 games.
How in the hell can you lay blame for not keeping up with receivers?

Bronco4ever
12-22-2015, 01:05 PM
None of you guys are addressing the fact that the defence is worn out by the 4th quarter.
They have literally been on the field for 80% of the second half for the past 3 games.

This. We didn't have to necessarily score in bunches in the 2nd half, but a time consuming ball control offense would have been perfect. We couldn't even get a first down to give the defense more than a minute or two rest.

Nomad
12-22-2015, 01:16 PM
The inept 2nd half offense seems to be the biggest problem, and that includes everyone involved with the offense. Hopefully, by some miracle, it gets fixed. I've sent DT and VD some stick'em for Christmas. :lol:

weazel
12-22-2015, 01:20 PM
None of you guys are addressing the fact that the defence is worn out by the 4th quarter.
They have literally been on the field for 80% of the second half for the past 3 games.

actually I stated that a couple of times in this thread.

maybe a tiny bit but it's kind of hard on a defense when they're out there 90% of the half.

EastCoastBronco
12-22-2015, 01:36 PM
I stand corrected.
Fixed it...;-)

BORDERLINE
12-22-2015, 01:41 PM
In his post game presser dint he say "we ran the same plays we just don't execute them" I'm like why do we run the same plays if the defense obviously made adjustments the pass rush was heavier in the 2nd half. Why run the same plays??? I don't know. I feel we have to stick with him for a while or fall into the middle of the pack in the NFL. Consistentcy is key but I feel like these older recycled coaches can only get you so far.

EastCoastBronco
12-22-2015, 01:42 PM
The inept 2nd half offense seems to be the biggest problem, and that includes everyone involved with the offense. Hopefully, by some miracle, it gets fixed. I've sent DT and VD some stick'em for Christmas. :lol:

Send them both toilet plungers instead of Stick 'Em because their heads are jammed up their arses...and have been for a while.

weazel
12-22-2015, 01:43 PM
In his post game presser dint he say "we ran the same plays we just don't execute them" I'm like why do we run the same plays if the defense obviously made adjustments the pass rush was heavier in the 2nd half. Why run the same plays??? I don't know. I feel we have to stick with him for a while or fall into the middle of the pack in the NFL. Consistentcy is key but I feel like these older recycled coaches can only get you so far.

I will take bumskid as the DC anytime, he has always been a great DC, just a mediocre HC

BORDERLINE
12-22-2015, 02:02 PM
I will take bumskid as the DC anytime, he has always been a great DC, just a mediocre HC

It's a new NFL man I truly believe that. You don't see anymore Levon Kirkland's at LB or Daniel Coats at TE. The players have changed and the styles have changed.

arapaho2
12-22-2015, 02:12 PM

if we could only package sander's heart and give that to them

weazel
12-22-2015, 02:29 PM
It's a new NFL man I truly believe that. You don't see anymore Levon Kirkland's at LB or Daniel Coats at TE. The players have changed and the styles have changed.

yet bumskid is still a DC and a lot of new guys are back coaching college teams. A good coach adapts, he is a great DC... just don't promote him from that.