PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Hillman- Red Zone and Short Yardage Back

Ziggy
12-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Can someone please explain that to me? Thank God Brock is overcoming his ineptitude.

Ravage!!!
12-20-2015, 06:04 PM
His speed threatens the defense on outside as well as inside. His cut backs are great for the zbs..... what else is there to understand? Why do you think they would take out the starting tail back in the most important part of the field?

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 06:08 PM
I know this one.! . . .ok, so....... Cj Anderson is apparently experiencing vaginal discomfort, yet again, so Denver is left with few options.

underrated29
12-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Because CJ runs even better. Harder. More powerful....

Look at their last like 5 games. It's not even close. CJ is still a little banged up tho. Juwann can run for 3 yards as well as Hillman but he won't go backwards or get stopped like your boy Ronnie. CJ and Juwann don't need a path, they plow one. Speed is useless in the RZ, as evidence by ronnies TDs today......or not

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 06:12 PM
I think Juwan Thompson pretty much gave us a glimpse of his run skills when he knocked himself out for no apparent reason.

Ziggy
12-20-2015, 06:19 PM
His speed threatens the defense on outside as well as inside. His cut backs are great for the zbs..... what else is there to understand? Why do you think they would take out the starting tail back in the most important part of the field?

Possibly because it's one of the reasons that the Broncos are the worst red zone scoring team in the NFL coming into today? He doesn't break tackles. When it gets down to the nitty gritty, great offenses put in the appropriate personnel. Hillman is not it.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 06:22 PM
CJ Anderson hurt again.

silkamilkamonico
12-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Can someone please explain that to me? Thank God Brock is overcoming his ineptitude.

This is one of the reasons why kubiak is a good coach.

CrazyHorse
12-20-2015, 09:49 PM
One of the dumbest decisions by the coaching staff. Fox did the same thing.

Mike
12-20-2015, 09:52 PM

I mean clearly it is working. We should totally keep doing it. Who needs to adjust or make changes when something is working so well.

OrangeFanatic
12-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Kapri Bibbs not even an option?

underrated29
12-20-2015, 10:31 PM

I'm telling yea, Kari bibbs! Will be everything Hillman is and more. And I liked Juwann better. Go back and read my posts of both when we signed them as FA. I liked Juwann more. ..........but I went back and looked at all of bibbs plays vs Steve staton snd I believekspri will be better, which is better than Hillman. We need to. Bring him in instead of Ronnie. Had nothing to do with bench players. I never thought Ronnie was that Good. I'm still in favor of bringing in another rb. Hillman is a less talented Tatum bell.

tomjonesrocks
12-20-2015, 10:31 PM

I don't know why people ridicule this. If Bibbs has no potential dump him and sign someone that can make it up if you need them.

To have Hillman as the only healthy back on the roster you trust to carry the rock week after week is incompetence.

underrated29
12-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Auto spell check is sooooooo stupid.

NightTerror218
12-21-2015, 12:01 AM
I don't know why people ridicule this. If Bibbs has no potential dump him and sign someone that can make it up if you need them.

To have Hillman as the only healthy back on the roster you trust to carry the rock week after week is incompetence.

I think you will see Bibbs next year when hillman hits FA.

Simple Jaded
12-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Auto spell check is sooooooo stupid.

I ducking agree.

TimHippo
12-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Hillman is too small to be the workhorse feature back. He should be a third down back with his speed but he can't catch. Can't even use him as a safety valve screen pass back.

weazel
12-21-2015, 04:13 PM
at this point I wouldn't mind seeing what a tight end or linebacker could do inside the 5. I would think any of them would be a better bet than Hillman.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 05:06 PM
I've always been of the opinion that fast, shifty backs are better short yardage runners because of the ability to quickly hit the hole and cut if necessary.

Hillman is just not a very good back.

TimHippo
12-21-2015, 07:44 PM
I've always been of the opinion that fast, shifty backs are better short yardage runners because of the ability to quickly hit the hole and cut if necessary.

He's fast but does not have elite speed for a running back at 4.45. And doesn't have full time back size at 5-10 196 lbs.

Compare to:
Marshall Faulk 4.28 40 5-10 211 lbs.
Barry Sanders 4.37 40 5-8 200 lbs.
LaDamian Tomlinson 4.46 40 but weighs 215 lbs at 5-10

Basically Hillman has the measureables of a pass catching 3rd down back. It's just that he can't catch so he's kind of useless.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 07:52 PM
He's fast but does not have elite speed for a running back at 4.45. And doesn't have full time back size at 5-10 196 lbs.

Compare to:

Basically Hillman has the measureables of a pass catching 3rd down back. It's just that he can't catch so he's kind of useless.

You really need to get over combine numbers. Your constant harping on them negates anything you say.

What were Terrell Davis' 40 time numbers?

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 07:52 PM

Compare to:

Well yeah, that's my point. People complain about using Hillman, a "speed" back, as opposed to a "power" back. The problem isn't the type of runner, the problem is Ronnie Hillman isn't a very good football player. He's a speed back that's not fast.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 07:54 PM
You really need to get over combine numbers. Your constant harping on them negates anything you say.

What were Terrell Davis' 40 time numbers?

I think he's right in this case though. Hillman is supposed to be a speed back, but he's not actually that fast. He doesn't have a lot else to fall back on.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 07:55 PM
I think he's right in this case though. Hillman is supposed to be a speed back, but he's not actually that fast. He doesn't have a lot else to fall back on.

Hippo is virtually never right.

Davis ran a 4.72 40. Running fast in a straight line isn't what makes a good/great RB. That is important for a WR or DB.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2015, 08:00 PM

Davis ran a 4.72 40. Running fast in a straight line isn't what makes a good/great RB. That is important for a WR or DB.

I agree with you, I just think in Hillman's case he doesn't do enough other things well to get away with lack of elite speed.

BroncoJoe
12-21-2015, 08:02 PM
I agree with you, I just think in Hillman's case he doesn't do enough other things well to get away with lack of elite speed.

My comments are not an endorsement of Hillman. More of an indictment of Hippo's lack of football knowledge and silly comments.

underrated29
12-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Just for the record, td was a 4.4 guy. He had a hammy when he ran his combine.

TimHippo
12-21-2015, 10:07 PM

40 speed isn't as important for ZBS running backs. Ability to make cuts, vision and acceleration is more important.

It was the same thing with Alfred Morris. 4.67 40 and 6th round pick but was starting from day 1 as a rookie under Shanahan. Shanahan knows what he is looking for for the ZBS.

And you are naive if you think 40 speed doesn't matter for RBs.

Simple Jaded
12-22-2015, 10:59 PM

You'd put Warrick Dunn in short yardage over Mike Alstott?

I Eat Staples
12-23-2015, 01:37 AM
You'd put Warrick Dunn in short yardage over Mike Alstott?

Nah, not over Alstott, though if the line does their job (which is the most important part of running the ball) then it really shouldn't matter who carries the ball.

I'd put Warrick Dunn in short yardage over someone like Brandon Jacobs or Lendale White. And Juwan Thompson isn't even as good as those players.

OrangeFanatic
12-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Bibbs!

Ziggy
12-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Ronnie Hillman run on first and goal = field goal......every time.

Ravage!!!
12-29-2015, 12:36 AM
Hillman has played excellently for the Broncos. We are very lucky to have him on the squad.

BroncoWave
12-29-2015, 12:37 AM
Hillman has played excellently for the Broncos. We are very lucky to have him on the squad.

The hate for him is stupid. He has always been a solid player for us. I would say he produces about as well as you should expect for where he was picked.

Ravage!!!
12-29-2015, 12:42 AM
The hate for him is stupid. He has always been a solid player for us. I would say he produces about as well as you should expect for where he was picked.

He's over produced for what he was drafted for. There is a reason he's starting ahead of CJ, and its because he doesn't make the mistakes. He's a good blocker, and hits the h ole fast. Lets face it, he wasn't drafted to be a Horse, but has had to take the lead role because there doesn't seem to be anyone on the roster that can TAKE it from him. I'm glad we have him. He's a good guy. I would imagine his speed and toughness would really show much more had we had an OL worth a scrap of tin.

NightTerror218
12-29-2015, 12:45 AM
Can't wait for CJ to be 100%

underrated29
12-29-2015, 12:53 AM
CJ and it's not close

BroncoWave
12-29-2015, 12:53 AM
CJ and it's not close

el oh el

Ravage!!!
12-29-2015, 12:54 AM
CJ and it's not close

because you say so?

Simple Jaded
12-29-2015, 12:56 AM
Ronnie Hillman run on first and goal = field goal......every time.

Every time they run the ball inside the 10 it goes for a loss, the OL just can't block.

Ravage!!!
12-29-2015, 12:57 AM
Every time they run the ball inside the 10 it goes for a loss, the OL just can't block.

Bingo. OUr redzone offense is putrid. I just HATE it when we run on 2nd and long, leaving us 3rd and long. I know, logically, that we can't throw the ball on every down. But damn, our OL can't block, and we are BAD at 3rd and long right now.

But for the LOVE OF GOD.. on 3rd and 1, quit trying to hit the deep ball down the sidelines!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, i know that wasn't part of the discussion, but had to get that off my chest)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-29-2015, 11:07 AM
CJ and it's not close

Agreed, Hillman is good on stretch runs, but CJ is good at all of it.

Valar Morghulis
12-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Agreed, Hillman is good on stretch runs, but CJ is good at all of it.

Too many of hillmans stretch runs go out of bounds at or before the los

Cj just seems to make more things happen

Buff
12-29-2015, 11:11 AM
The next time Hillman picks up a 2nd and short will be the first time.

And as ridiculous as it is for me to question an NFL player's toughness - I wish CJ was a little more adamant about staying in the game so that we didn't have to use Hillman as much. That's my only complaint with him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-29-2015, 11:13 AM

And as ridiculous as it is for me to question an NFL player's toughness - I wish CJ was a little more adamant about staying in the game so that we didn't have to use Hillman as much. That's my only complaint with him.

Yep

NightTerror218
12-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Thompson was in at FB blocking and get getting destroyed by the LB.

One play b*tch burfect blew up Juwan and tackled Hillman for a 1 yard gain. If he would have made the block it would have been a big gain.

Did I mention I hate burfect, for the fact he is such a dirty player.

NightTerror218
12-29-2015, 11:15 AM

He has not been 100%. I rather him be limited until the playoffs.

underrated29
12-29-2015, 12:05 PM
because you say so?

because one is a much better runner than the other. what were their ypcs?

Thompson was in at FB blocking and get getting destroyed by the LB.

One play b*tch burfect blew up Juwan and tackled Hillman for a 1 yard gain. If he would have made the block it would have been a big gain.

Did I mention I hate burfect, for the fact he is such a dirty player.

That was CJ, not hillman, but you are right. Had Juwann made that block CJ would have been gone. Hillman too. Even Brock would have been able to gallop through that hole for a td.

GEM
12-29-2015, 12:13 PM

I like what Hillman has done for the team this season. I don't hold it against him that the coaching staff is inept at figuring out who the best player for a play is. Up the middle between the worthless tackles is CJ all day, every day.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-30-2015, 01:44 PM
2016 #'s....Hillman 3.3 ypc....CJ 3.9 ypc.

TXBRONC
12-30-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm telling yea, Kari bibbs! Will be everything Hillman is and more. And I liked Juwann better. Go back and read my posts of both when we signed them as FA. I liked Juwann more. ..........but I went back and looked at all of bibbs plays vs Steve staton snd I believekspri will be better, which is better than Hillman. We need to. Bring him in instead of Ronnie. Had nothing to do with bench players. I never thought Ronnie was that Good. I'm still in favor of bringing in another rb. Hillman is a less talented Tatum bell.

Apparently he isn't Under.

underrated29
12-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Apparently he isn't Under.

We shall see. I was not a big bibbs fan but I really liked what I saw from him. I am holding out hope!

NightTerror218
12-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Bibbs will get a shit next season with Hillman walking. Change if pace back. I think Juwan will be gone once final roster comes around. I expect to draft a RB, FB and sign a vet RB during the off season. Juwan will lose out to FB unless he break out in preseason. He just has not taken advantage of the few snaps he has received.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Bibbs will get a shit next season with Hillman walking. Change if pace back. I think Juwan will be gone once final roster comes around. I expect to draft a RB, FB and sign a vet RB during the off season. Juwan will lose out to FB unless he break out in preseason. He just has not taken advantage of the few snaps he has received.

Poor Bibbs!

:laugh:

Ravage!!!
12-30-2015, 06:57 PM
because one is a much better runner than the other. what were their ypcs?

Ok...so you are saying " because I said so." If it weren't for the fact that you have been soooooo bad about spotting talent in the past, that might mean something.

Valar Morghulis
12-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Ok...so you are saying " because I said so." If it weren't for the fact that you have been soooooo bad about spotting talent in the past, that might mean something.

he gave his opinion, then further justified his opinion - then asked a question, the answer of which favours CJ, which happens to be his opinion.

I am not sure why you appear to have such beef with him or his analysis of football players - maybe you have history, maybe UR was a dik to you in another thread, maybe you are messing and i am picking you up wrong - maybe you are just being an ass i don't know

underrated29
12-30-2015, 07:03 PM

No, everyone says so, not just me. But I do say so. So do their YPCs. This year and likely Career as well. If it weren't for those then it might mean something to you.
Who have I been bad at spotting talent about? Or at least soooooo bad?

Ravage!!!
12-30-2015, 07:06 PM
he gave his opinion, then further justified his opinion - then asked a question, the answer of which favours CJ, which happens to be his opinion.

I am not sure why you appear to have such beef with him or his analysis of football players - maybe you have history, maybe UR was a dik to you in another thread, maybe you are messing and i am picking you up wrong - maybe you are just being an ass i don't know

I would say that all the above apply. I'm being a bit of an ass, but its because it seems to be how we respond to one another lately. If the 'ypc' is how he decides on who's the better player and the "because I say so" opinion..that's cool. I think he and Hippo could have a lot of fun discussing cone drills and 40 times to next decide who's better.

ur has been a pretty harsh Hillman critic, and over time, it's just gotten old. His distaste and dislike of Hillman have been pretty disportionate... imo. So when I see his comments, I do have a tendency to respond as such.

Just as we see chaz's hatred for a few players in the past.... they are strong to the dark side of the force.

underrated29
12-30-2015, 07:06 PM

Ravs a good guy. Youre on point, but I probably have been a dik to him. Its just more fun that way. He is wrong here though.

underrated29
12-30-2015, 07:07 PM
I would say that all the above apply. I'm being a bit of an ass, but its because it seems to be how we respond to one another lately. If the 'ypc' is how he decides on who's the better player and the "because I say so" opinion..that's cool. I think he and Hippo could have a lot of fun discussing cone drills and 40 times to next decide who's better.

ur has been a pretty harsh Hillman critic, and over time, it's just gotten old. His distaste and dislike of Hillman have been pretty disportionate... imo. So when I see his comments, I do have a tendency to respond as such.

Just as we see chaz's hatred for a few players in the past.... they are strong to the dark side of the force.

Lets not get hasty now. I do not like hillman and havent since I first saw him play here pretty much, but please, dont bring me down to timhippo level. Thats uncalled for

Valar Morghulis
12-30-2015, 07:11 PM
That was a lovely little piece of intellectual honesty.

Accountability on both sides - it was a thing of beauty.

Sorry to have butted in on your discussion Rav and UR - it is clear you got it from here!

Ziggy
12-30-2015, 08:48 PM
UR, I'm with you buddy. I still say that Kapri Bibbs is the most talented pure runner on this team.

SR
12-30-2015, 09:41 PM
UR, I'm with you buddy. I still say that Kapri Bibbs is the most talented pure runner on this team.

His skills don't pay the bills.

Ziggy
12-30-2015, 09:52 PM
His skills don't pay the bills.

Not yet. The chances have to be there. CJ Anderson had the same problem until every back in front of him went down with injuries.

NightTerror218
12-30-2015, 10:26 PM

However hillman got much better at pass blocking this season.

TXBRONC
12-31-2015, 03:38 PM
We shall see. I was not a big bibbs fan but I really liked what I saw from him. I am holding out hope!

There is no we shall see. If Denver thought more of him he would be on the active roster.

underrated29
12-31-2015, 04:45 PM
There is no we shall see. If Denver thought more of him he would be on the active roster.

Of course there is.

Michael Schofield, CJ, Todd Davis, Paradis, Anninike, are all guys whom denver has not had on the active roster or been PS players and have started/played/playing/IR'd. Bibbs is no different. I bet one of JT or Hillman will be gone next year. I suspect Bibbs will get a fair look to compete with CJ, the Fa/draft pick and whomever else. Without MOntee Ball on the roster wasting reps bibbs may get more of a look. I like him as a Steve Slaton kind of back for us. Better than hillman but not a bellcow. CJ, Bibbs, draftee/FA are the 3 I am going to forcast for next year.

Simple Jaded
12-31-2015, 08:59 PM
I care about 3-cone and 40 times too, don't judge.

Simple Jaded
12-31-2015, 09:05 PM
Of course there is.

Michael Schofield, CJ, Todd Davis, Paradis, Anninike, are all guys whom denver has not had on the active roster or been PS players and have started/played/playing/IR'd. Bibbs is no different. I bet one of JT or Hillman will be gone next year. I suspect Bibbs will get a fair look to compete with CJ, the Fa/draft pick and whomever else. Without MOntee Ball on the roster wasting reps bibbs may get more of a look. I like him as a Steve Slaton kind of back for us. Better than hillman but not a bellcow. CJ, Bibbs, draftee/FA are the 3 I am going to forcast for next year.

Anderson, Bibbs and Derrick Henry.

underrated29
01-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Anderson, Bibbs and Derrick Henry.

What Round do you take Henry? 3rd? I don't think he'll make it to us in 4 unless we use a comp pick. I like him but I would not use a 1st or 2nd on him.

Ziggy
01-01-2016, 01:00 PM
What Round do you take Henry? 3rd? I don't think he'll make it to us in 4 unless we use a comp pick. I like him but I would not use a 1st or 2nd on him.

I think Henry goes no later than the 2nd round. He may go first. I know what the scouts are saying, but watch the film. He has great lateral agility at 240 pounds. Derrick Henry is a quicker, more agile Eddie Lacy without the injury and attitude issues.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Of course there is.

Denver has had games where running backs have missed because they have been dinged up and they still didn't put him in. We had injuries at tackle and Schofield was put in. Paradis was seen as an eventual starter. The only person who keeps insisting he's so great is you. So yes there is a difference. You suspect he'll get a fair look and suspect they have been that's why he's no the practice squad. If he was as good or better than the guys ahead he would be playing.

Also if Denver drafts a running high in the 2016 draft Bibbs might be toast.

Northman
01-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Our backs are decent enough but could easily be replaced by better ones. I hope Denver considers seriously at getting at least one back who is a more reliable option.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2016, 01:24 PM

If he goes before their 3rd then you don't need him, imho, Ziggy is right but just speaking on terms of Denver's needs.

underrated29
01-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Denver has had games where running backs have missed because they have been dinged up and they still didn't put him in. We had injuries at tackle and Schofield was put in. Paradis was seen as an eventual starter. The only person who keeps insisting he's so great is you. So yes there is a difference. You suspect he'll get a fair look and suspect they have been that's why he's no the practice squad. If he was as good or better than the guys ahead he would be playing.

Also if Denver drafts a running high in the 2016 draft Bibbs might be toast.

And those games bibbs was ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER!
Schofield was being worked in as a starter in Training Camp and pre season, before Injuries to any Tackle.
Paradise was not seen as a potential starter. I liked him a lot last year and was one of his few supporters this year. Gradkowski was seen as the starter. So was mad max. Paradis got his chance and worked his way up. Quite similarly to Ronnie Hillman.

So I'm sorry TX, this is not a discussion you can win. Also, ftr, I never said bibbs is so great. I said I believe he is better than Hillman. So unless you or someone thinks Hillman is great, then no one really thinks bibbs is so great. I don't think Steve slaton is so great. Just a pretty solid COP. I believe from what I have seen of bibbs that he will be a slaton type.

I'm not sure why so many have taken such issue to this?

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2016, 02:09 PM
I think Henry goes no later than the 2nd round. He may go first. I know what the scouts are saying, but watch the film. He has great lateral agility at 240 pounds. Derrick Henry is a quicker, more agile Eddie Lacy without the injury and attitude issues.

I'm not sure about Henry. That dude is an absolute beast at Alabama - but he seems like someone to me who has no second gear, and if you can bottle him up at the LOS he isn't going to be able to be effective. In my opinion he is about as much of a wildcard as I have seen from a RB coming out. He is like a Toby Gerhart at Stanford but a little better at everything. I would also question how long a guy like him could be effective in the NFL but in this day and age of athlete training and conditioning his size and style might not be a long term question.

NightTerror218
01-01-2016, 02:11 PM

Would not use a 1 or 2 on him. Henry, elliot will prob be first 2 drafted late 1 or 2.

Our needs are OL and maybe DE depending on Wolfe and Jackson contracts.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2016, 02:13 PM
I'd love to see Bibbs get a few carries just to see what he can do. With all our questionable durability concerns at the RB position I don't know why he doesn't get a look just to see what he has. Right now we have a RB who is really hurting in Anderson, another one who is possibly a concussion away from being done for the year in Thompson, and Hillman, which he is what he is.

Northman
01-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Would not use a 1 or 2 on him. Henry, elliot will prob be first 2 drafted late 1 or 2.

Yea, Henry will be gone before the 3rd and we do have other needs that need to be addressed before RB.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 02:41 PM
And those games bibbs was ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER!
Schofield was being worked in as a starter in Training Camp and pre season, before Injuries to any Tackle.
Paradise was not seen as a potential starter. I liked him a lot last year and was one of his few supporters this year. Gradkowski was seen as the starter. So was mad max. Paradis got his chance and worked his way up. Quite similarly to Ronnie Hillman.

So I'm sorry TX, this is not a discussion you can win. Also, ftr, I never said bibbs is so great. I said I believe he is better than Hillman. So unless you or someone thinks Hillman is great, then no one really thinks bibbs is so great. I don't think Steve slaton is so great. Just a pretty solid COP. I believe from what I have seen of bibbs that he will be a slaton type.

I'm not sure why so many have taken such issue to this?

He was on the active roster to play special teams for a game or two big freaking deal.

I haven't lost the argument.

Maybe because keep harping on like Bibbs is something special.

Nomad
01-01-2016, 02:48 PM
I thought Bama RBs are used up by the time they get to the NFL.

TXBRONC
01-01-2016, 02:49 PM

It seems that way.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Keith Marshall in the later rounds, low mileage and real good RB committee potential, I think.

underrated29
01-01-2016, 04:02 PM

I'd like to see a 4th rd or so...we need ol and dl and I'd like to see a S somewhere in there too

underrated29
01-01-2016, 04:04 PM
He was on the active roster to play special teams for a game or two big freaking deal.

I haven't lost the argument.

Maybe because keep harping on like Bibbs is something special.

Considering you said he wasn't ever on the roster, the fact that I showed numerous players that were on the PS or not on the active roster, and eventually made their way to it.....yea, you lost.

underrated29
01-01-2016, 04:05 PM

It seems that way.

Isn't it Wisconsin rbs that apply to that too? Where did ball and Dayne come from?

underrated29
01-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Keith Marshall in the later rounds, low mileage and real good RB committee potential, I think.

Yes! He's already a back I've started looking into. I think you're on to something here!

Nomad
01-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Isn't it Wisconsin rbs that apply to that too? Where did ball and Dayne come from?

I guess you could say that. I was echoing words of analysts on the Bama RBs.

Valar Morghulis
01-01-2016, 04:59 PM
You would think bama backs would be good to go.

Well coached, good line, and only every play one season as the feature back

TXBRONC
01-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Considering you said he wasn't ever on the roster, the fact that I showed numerous players that were on the PS or not on the active roster, and eventually made their way to it.....yea, you lost.

I don't think I said he was never on the roster. I know he was on the active roster so for a game or two so no I haven't lost.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2016, 10:45 AM

Holy crap...ur...when did we go back to 3rd grade and pull out the "you lost" the discussion comments?

SR
01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Holy crap...ur...when did we go back to 3rd grade and pull out the "you lost" the discussion comments?

He loses arguments so often than when he does finally "win" one he has to toot his own horn.

underrated29
01-02-2016, 12:05 PM
He loses arguments so often than when he does finally "win" one he has to toot his own horn.

Oh yeah? Show me all these arguement. Lately you've made a bunch of shitty ass comments like this, completely unfounded. If you don't like something I say go ahead and bring it up. If not quit coming at me with your made up bullshit

Toot.

underrated29
01-02-2016, 12:06 PM

To be fair, I told him in a polite way that he can't win. His takes contradicted what the Broncos have done. It was then when he tried to tell me otherwise I had to make it a little more clear.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2016, 01:31 PM
To be fair, I told him in a polite way that he can't win. His takes contradicted what the Broncos have done. It was then when he tried to tell me otherwise I had to make it a little more clear.

by claiming victory?

TXBRONC
01-02-2016, 01:32 PM

:lol: Me thinks not.

Ziggy
01-02-2016, 01:59 PM

Not so much. Alabama rarely has a feature back for more than a year or two. Henry has 566 career carries. That's not excessive. Here are some other NFL back's college carries-
Matt Forte- 833
Todd Gurley- 510
AP- 748
Doug Martin- 617
Lesean McCoy- 584

Henry has plenty of tread left on the tires. He may not have an AP type of second gear, but his vision gets him to the second level quickly to make up for it. He runs a lot like Terrell Davis in that respect. I think Ezekiel Elliot goes mid first. He's a Matt Forte clone.

Valar Morghulis
01-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Not so much. Alabama rarely has a feature back for more than a year or two. Henry has 566 career carries. That's not excessive. Here are some other NFL back's college carries-
Matt Forte- 833
Todd Gurley- 510
AP- 748
Doug Martin- 617
Lesean McCoy- 584

Henry has plenty of tread left on the tires. He may not have an AP type of second gear, but his vision gets him to the second level quickly to make up for it. He runs a lot like Terrell Davis in that respect. I think Ezekiel Elliot goes mid first. He's a Matt Forte clone.

Thats what i said - but without all the stats and credibility and stuff!

Nomad
01-02-2016, 02:42 PM
The only credibility is results in the NFL, which Bama RBs have not done too well. There are other factors, other than mileage on the wheels, to the unsuccessful NFL RBs from Bama. Perhaps Henry might be one of the rare ones, but it's seeing to believing.

SR
01-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah? Show me all these arguement. Lately you've made a bunch of shitty ass comments like this, completely unfounded. If you don't like something I say go ahead and bring it up. If not quit coming at me with your made up bullshit Toot.

Sorry bro. Didn't realize your were on your period today. I've always talked shit to you in a friendly manner dating all the way back to your "sources" posts in the Avs thread. It's harmless but I'll stop.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Why is Ronnie Hillman still the starting running back? C.J. Anderson has more yards per carry than Ronnie in the last month, Also Ronnie seems to be more effective when C.J. starts, wears down the defense in the first quarter, and then Ronnie can turn on his speed in the second quarter.

-- Eugene Worley

This is one instance where the starter/backup differentiation means nothing.

In the seven games that Hillman has started and Anderson has rotated in, their playing time is nearly identical: 31.86 snaps per game for Anderson and 33.29 snaps per game for Hillman. Hillman has touched the football more often (104 times, compared with 73 for Anderson), but that's because Anderson plays a majority of the third downs and other passing-intensive situations because of his strength in blitz pickup.

And while Hillman had a better per-carry average when Anderson started (4.89 yards per carry, compared with 3.36 yards per carry since then) Anderson's pace is better when Hillman starts (6.45 yards per carry, compared with 3.0 in Weeks 1-6, when Anderson started). So you can't look at what each individual back does; you have to look at their collective averages.

With Anderson starting: 3.79 yards per carry

With Hillman starting (and Anderson rotating in from start to finish): 4.75 yards per carry

With Hillman starting (and Anderson limited or out because of injury, against San Diego and Oakland): 3.10 yards per carry

The collective is what matters most, and their increased overall production with Hillman starting is a significant reason why their platoon is unlikely to change this season.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-mailbag/Masons-Mailbag-A-running-combo-that-works-young-QBs-tight-ends-and-more/b8543923-1367-4956-bf31-1d7f42f18843

tripp
01-02-2016, 06:55 PM
I liked Ronnie as a dual threat to CJ, but I'm beginning to realize that Ronnie is terribly inconsistent. I've never understood why we chose to run him up the gut, ever. He can't break a tackle going head on against a LB, there's just no way. I'm not even sure if you can label Ronnie a poor man's Darren Sproles. He's explosive when he's running on the outside, but outside of that.. not sure what else he excels at. RB position needs to be addressed next year regardless. It's clear CJ can't go a full season as the lead RB.

Simple Jaded
01-02-2016, 11:37 PM
I think people would have a better feeling about the RB's if Denver didn't have the worst OL in the leavud.

TXBRONC
01-03-2016, 08:59 AM
I liked Ronnie as a dual threat to CJ, but I'm beginning to realize that Ronnie is terribly inconsistent. I've never understood why we chose to run him up the gut, ever. He can't break a tackle going head on against a LB, there's just no way. I'm not even sure if you can label Ronnie a poor man's Darren Sproles. He's explosive when he's running on the outside, but outside of that.. not sure what else he excels at. RB position needs to be addressed next year regardless. It's clear CJ can't go a full season as the lead RB.

He's no power runner but he does break tackles. Hillman also has the majority of goalline rushing touchdowns. As far as running inside he and Anderson both had issues getting stonewalled. That's not on them for the most part it been lack of consistency on the line that has been the culprit. Hillman has also been as very bit as good as Anderson as receiver.