PDA

View Full Version : Report: Manning Could Be With Titans Next Year; Working Under Polian

OrangeHoof
12-20-2015, 11:35 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419910/reunion-between-peyton-manning-and-bill-polian-possible-in-Tennessee

There continues to be persistent chatter in NFL personnel circles that Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12531/peyton-manning) could be joining his former general manager, Bill Polian, in the front office of the Tennessee Titans (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/TEN/tennessee-titans) in 2016. The Titans have an opening at team president, with the contract of interim president Steve Underwood expiring, and ownership's interest in having Manning on board is well known around the league, though Manning's future plans remain unclear.

This could be the way Manning leaves Denver with dignity. I can already see floating the idea that Manning could tutor #1 pick Marcus Mariota while learning the front office business from Polian. Couldn't pass up the chance to "come home" to Tennessee, etc. If Peyton sees the end, this could be his way out on his own terms.

Northman
12-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Very plausible although if he doesnt play again this year i think he will still try and chase that winning record.

Valar Morghulis
12-20-2015, 12:14 PM
i just hope as an organisation we walk away from this with some class - just glad we have elway

i know some people on here never really saw manning as a bronco - and that he was just a hired gun or mercenary, but i think he really embraced the franchise, the city and the fans, i will remember him fondly, i just hope he can leave and look back on his time here without a bitter ending,

LawDog
12-20-2015, 12:15 PM
There is an article on nfl dot com this morning about Peyton not willing to be Brock's backup. Well, no shit Sherlock. Of course he wants to start if he is healthy enough to play. My thoughts, if he is healthy enough to start then he should start, otherwise, meh. Go get ready for an FO job in Tenn or wherever. I am pretty much over him unless he can actually play well enough to help this team win a SB, which is very different from being heathy enough to crawl on the field and be mediocre.

Edit, per Dave's post above, it isn't that I don't appreciate what he has done for the team, but that time has passed I'm afraid. I am all in on the now.

Valar Morghulis
12-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Edit, per Dave's post above, it isn't that I don't appreciate what he has done for the team, but that time has passed I'm afraid. I am all in on the now.

I agree mate, i just accepted him as a bronco as opposed to a rental. I dont even see him as a colt any more. Time to move on though - i agree

VonDoom
12-20-2015, 12:24 PM
The rumors of him being involved with the Titans front office have been around a while. This wouldn't surprise me, though I do think he'll try to play somewhere next year

Northman
12-20-2015, 12:24 PM
There is an article on nfl dot com this morning about Peyton not willing to be Brock's backup.

Yea, i saw that article but then Elway got on twitter and said that wasnt the case at all.

Northman
12-20-2015, 12:27 PM
I dont even see him as a colt any more.

Thats kind of weird to me, he will always be a Colt to me because thats where he spent most of his career. Like even though Shannon Sharpe and Steve Atwater played elsewhere they are still Broncos to me.

Nomad
12-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Whatever he does, it's time to hang up the cleats. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as HC for the University of Tennessee one day.

Valar Morghulis
12-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Thats kind of weird to me, he will always be a Colt to me because thats where he spent most of his career. Like even though Shannon Sharpe and Steve Atwater played elsewhere they are still Broncos to me.

Normally I would agree, I just really took to manning.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-20-2015, 01:52 PM
There is an article on nfl dot com this morning about Peyton not willing to be Brock's backup. Well, no shit Sherlock. Of course he wants to start if he is healthy enough to play. My thoughts, if he is healthy enough to start then he should start, otherwise, meh. Go get ready for an FO job in Tenn or wherever. I am pretty much over him unless he can actually play well enough to help this team win a SB, which is very different from being heathy enough to crawl on the field and be mediocre.

John Elway ‏@johnelway 3h

Peyton has never told Gary or myself that he doesn't want to be the backup. Any report or rumor that suggests otherwise is incorrect!!

Nomad
12-20-2015, 02:06 PM
John Elway ‏@johnelway 3h

Peyton has never told Gary or myself that he doesn't want to be the backup. Any report or rumor that suggests otherwise is incorrect!!

ATM.....the NFL doesn't have much drama, this is the perfect situation to create one, I guess. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-20-2015, 02:14 PM
ATM.....the NFL doesn't have much drama, this is the perfect situation to create one, I guess. :lol:

Not only that, but I can not imagine either Gary or John saying to Peyton in front of a player, or players, that he will be the backup to Brock, or I can not imagine either one of them telling that to someone outside of the organization. There must be a lot of flies on the wall at Dove Valley.

Ravage!!!
12-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Not only that, but I can not imagine either Gary or John saying to Peyton in front of a player, or players, that he will be the backup to Brock, or I can not imagine either one of them telling that to someone outside of the organization. There must be a lot of flies on the wall at Dove Valley.

Speculation on Manning's thoughts and personality get a lot of re-tweets.

CrazyHorse
12-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's possible he's our starting quarterback next year for better or worse?

Northman
12-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's possible he's our starting quarterback next year for better or worse?

Probably.

Ravage!!!
12-20-2015, 02:52 PM

Yes. He won't be the staring QB for the Broncos next season...even if Brock is abducted by aliens between now and then.

weazel
12-20-2015, 02:57 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419910/reunion-between-peyton-manning-and-bill-polian-possible-in-Tennessee

This could be the way Manning leaves Denver with dignity. I can already see floating the idea that Manning could tutor #1 pick Marcus Mariota while learning the front office business from Polian. Couldn't pass up the chance to "come home" to Tennessee, etc. If Peyton sees the end, this could be his way out on his own terms.

I don't think he's the tutoring type TBH. He's starting to remind me of Favre

slim
12-20-2015, 03:19 PM

Just you and Mo.

Mike
12-20-2015, 03:24 PM

Come now. You can troll better than that.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 03:28 PM

I think it's very possible and I wouldn't have a problem with it either. However, if he is back I would hope they run his offense, for better or worse, run Kubes/Dennison's ZBS (and the bootlegs) but leave the passing game concepts to Manning and Knapp. Maybe Jim Bob Cooter is available when/if they clean house in Detroit.

I just have a theory that if a player like Manning (I realize Manning is not what he was) doesn't fit your system then the problem is your system.

That's all assuming they haven't been doing just that since the beginning, I won't pretend to know.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Wrong thread

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Wrong thread

How so? This is a thread about what Manning might be doing next season.

Valar Morghulis
12-20-2015, 05:47 PM
How so? This is a thread about what Manning might be doing next season.

I think he was looking for the random thoughts thread and posted what he thought when he realised

DenBronx
12-20-2015, 06:13 PM
I might be in the minority here but I am very glad Manning came to the Broncos. We fell short in some of those seasons but he definitely helped make us a real contender. And yes, like Dave said, Manning embraced the city of Denver and the Broncos. You couldn't ask for more. He's had a legitimate injury and his career is coming to a close very fast.

I'd love to at least see him get the record. Maybe the last game of the year depending on how things play out. But Brocks our future and I think we can't look back. If Manning doesn't take the front office gig I could see someone giving him a 3 yr. deal this offseason if the Broncos cut him. Ideally, he retires.

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 06:19 PM
I think he was looking for the random thoughts thread and posted what he thought when he realised

Deaf people don't understand why farts are funny.

Rick
12-20-2015, 07:36 PM
i just hope as an organisation we walk away from this with some class - just glad we have elway

i know some people on here never really saw manning as a bronco - and that he was just a hired gun or mercenary, but i think he really embraced the franchise, the city and the fans, i will remember him fondly, i just hope he can leave and look back on his time here without a bitter ending,

In the days of FA and the salary cap, everyone is a hired gun.

TimHippo
12-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Wow lol Christmas comes early from rothelclaus

mouthofsouth
12-20-2015, 09:55 PM
A healthy Manning does not lose to Raiders, and I believe he would have had a better chance to win that game today (if healthy of course.) No way a healthy Manning will be a backup to anyone. Just not realistic. And if he is not healthy, he won't even be dressed out, starter or backup. As for Tennessee Titans, I think there is a better chance he gets involved someway with the University of Tennessee. I can see him moving to Tennessee. Close to Ashley's family too.

OrangeFanatic
12-20-2015, 10:02 PM

Gawd I hope he retires...

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Careful what you wish for, they could be rolling Trevor Seimian out there next season. I'll take Manning.

Davii
12-21-2015, 12:38 AM
Careful what you wish for, they could be rolling Trevor Seimian out there next season. I'll take Manning.

If not Osweiler, I don't think our starting QB is on the roster.

TimHippo
12-21-2015, 12:52 AM

Brees or Stafford.

NightTerror218
12-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Brees or Stafford.

Won't be available ffs

Northman
12-21-2015, 11:38 AM

Same. Manning wont be back, im pretty confident in that assumption. Just cant pay that kind of money for a guy to sit half the year.