PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburg favored by 6 1/2

WARHORSE
12-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Good.

I hope we break a foot wrapped in a terrible towel off in their rear ends.

I need to see a Kubiak give a coaching clinic to Tomlinson......

.....cause I need to forget about him getting undressed and spanked by Del (her name is) Rio.

tripp
12-16-2015, 07:11 PM
I really do believe this game decides whether or not Brock plays the rest of the season or not.

tomjonesrocks
12-16-2015, 07:22 PM
The fact that apparently no change will be made with Schofield single handedly gives me no hope of winning this one.

I'm just not on board with the coaching right now period.

BroncoWave
12-16-2015, 07:29 PM
The fact that apparently no change will be made with Schofield single handedly gives me no hope of winning this one.

I'm just not on board with the coaching right now period.

What's the other option exactly?

SR
12-16-2015, 07:41 PM
What's the other option exactly?

Moving Vasquez to RT and Garcia to RG.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Vasquez was awful at right tackle last year. We would have 2 people getting beat regularly on the right side instead of just one in that scenario.

BroncoWave
12-16-2015, 07:51 PM

Eh, I don't think shuffling the o-line during the season is the answer. I remember we tried that a year or two ago and it would up being a disaster. Luckily for us, we won't be seeing Kahlil Mack again.

WARHORSE
12-16-2015, 07:55 PM
It would be great to see a masterful gameplan executed to perfection, resulting in a sound beating of the Steelheads. Id love to see them leaving in the THIRD quarter.......

tripp
12-16-2015, 08:20 PM
It would be great to see a masterful gameplan executed to perfection, resulting in a sound beating of the Steelheads. Id love to see them leaving in the THIRD quarter.......

Can't see that happening with this type of system. With Pitt's offense, they'll stick around. Going to need to put up 24+ pts this sunday.

Poet
12-16-2015, 08:28 PM
You matchup well against the Steelers. Talib should be able to at least contain Brown. After that Bryant and Wheaton, while good up-and-comers, they're just faster guys who run fly routes. The running game of Pitt isn't too bad, but their not this juggernaut of dumb that people make them out to be. If you can blitz and get pressure it's tough on them.

Big Ben is the real reason that offense works. Were he healthy the entire year he would have been a huge MVP candidate. The best part of his game is extending the plays, and that's hell on DB's when those burners are running around.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 08:30 PM
You matchup well against the Steelers. Talib should be able to at least contain Brown. After that Bryant and Wheaton, while good up-and-comers, they're just faster guys who run fly routes. The running game of Pitt isn't too bad, but their not this juggernaut of dumb that people make them out to be. If you can blitz and get pressure it's tough on them.

Big Ben is the real reason that offense works. Were he healthy the entire year he would have been a huge MVP candidate. The best part of his game is extending the plays, and that's hell on DB's when those burners are running around.

Talib doesn't have the speed to stay with Brown. He struggles with speed guys.

Poet
12-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Talib doesn't have the speed to stay with Brown. He struggles with speed guys.

Brown got crushed by Sherman. Sherman is not a fast man.

WJK
12-16-2015, 08:55 PM
As hot as the Steelers passing game can get, it can get just as cold against a capable secondary and pass rush.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Brown got crushed by Sherman. Sherman is not a fast man.

True

Poet
12-16-2015, 09:12 PM
True

Sherman has very long arms, though, and apparently that is 'listed' as the reason why he did so well against Brown. Not sure if that matters for Talib or not.

BroncoWave
12-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Sherman has very long arms, though, and apparently that is 'listed' as the reason why he did so well against Brown. Not sure if that matters for Talib or not.

Talib is too Hood for Brown.

Poet
12-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Talib is too Hood for Brown.

Brown thinks he is very hood.

BroncoWave
12-16-2015, 09:32 PM
Brown thinks he is very hood.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/rossmur/ChildPlease.jpg

Poet
12-16-2015, 09:35 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/rossmur/ChildPlease.jpg

No, Brown really thinks he is a gangsta. I suspect Talib will be looking forward to the game.

Nomad
12-16-2015, 09:52 PM
It looks like most of the country will get to watch the BRONCOS beat the Steelers.
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=15

Cugel
12-16-2015, 09:59 PM

Now you have created 3 problems on the OL instead of one. :coffee:

Remember they TRIED that crap last year. Schofield sucked at RT, so they benched him and put Louis Vasquez at RT. He sucked at it. Plus, they had created a hole at RG.

Better to leave Schofield at RT and give him some help by putting a TE next to him to chip on every play. Keep a RB in the backfield on passing plays to also help out in case the LDE manages to split the block.

But, double teaming the RDE should really help Schofield. His problem was that when he would do a hard set - preparing for a bull-rush, Mack just ran around him and he failed to even engage, but when he failed to do a hard set, Mack just ran right over him.

But, if he had help on the outside, then he could do a hard set against the bull rush, and have help on the outside against the looping rush because the TE would engage the DE.

That won't make the OL great, but hopefully they won't give up 5 sacks either.

What they tried to do against Mack was chip a RB onto him, which in the case of Ronnie Hillman is just idiotic. Mack is 6'3" 247 lbs. and Hillman is 5'9" 195. WTF did they think is going to happen? Hillman "failed to get there" on a couple of Mack's sacks. Well, duh!

tomjonesrocks
12-16-2015, 10:10 PM

Sold! Who gives a shit really. Schofield had an all-time-worst performance. It can't get worse and extreme throw-shit-at-the-wall is more than justified.

Krugan
12-16-2015, 10:13 PM
The oline is in constant flux with mathis in and out. at least keep some sort of consistency.

And pits should be favored, this offense is anemic and i dont think that is a strong enough statement.

Im still on the boat of dropping this division and completing a enormous collapse, it just seems fitting.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Sherman usually stays on one side of the field, so I doubt he covered Brown the whole game. Also, regarding your point I believe he is 2 inches taller than Talib.

Poet
12-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Sherman usually stays on one side of the field, so I doubt he covered Brown the whole game. Also, regarding your point I believe he is 2 inches taller than Talib.

Sherman has been moving around more and more, and I believe he followed Brown for the majority of the game. This is the season where Sherman is pretty much destroying all doubt about his ability. I was one of his doubters.

Cugel
12-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Sold! Who gives a shit really. Schofield had an all-time-worst performance. It can't get worse and extreme throw-shit-at-the-wall is more than justified.

It can always get worse. A lot worse. Move a G to T and now they have TWO holes to fill instead of one. That makes it worse.

Last year they tried moving guys around and moving Vasquez out to RT and it was a fiasco. They are not trying that again! Not happening, even if he was healthy which he certainly isn't.

They are going to try and rest Vasquez this game if Mathis is healthy enough to play at LG, then they can use Max Garcia at RG.

TimHippo
12-16-2015, 11:58 PM
I really do believe this game decides whether or not Brock plays the rest of the season or not.

Agreed. If he lays another egg I don't think elway will be signing him to a big contract next year. Will probably look to brees or Stanfford and sign oweieler as back up only if Brock takes a small contract.

underrated29
12-17-2015, 12:27 AM
Vasquez did infinitely better than schofield has this year.....vaz gave up what 3 sacks? 2 to Mathis......schofield gave up more in 1 game. It's not even close.

Also, mad max has filled in at RG nearly every game this year and started there 2x when as was hurt this year. This does not make our line weaker or two holes to fill. It makes it stronger. It may weaken RG a little but it upgrades RT tremendously.

Also King, I'd suspect that Harris locks down brown. He has the quickness and agility needed to lock him down. Talib an X out it Bryant. Roby will likely pick off Ben when he goes for Wheaton.

It's Miller and dwill2 that concern me. If we can shut down denagelo than that leaves Miller. He'll have a good game against us but I bet we sack Ben 4x and are in his face a lot.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-17-2015, 12:49 AM
Agreed. If he lays another egg I don't think elway will be signing him to a big contract next year. Will probably look to brees or Stanfford and sign oweieler as back up only if Brock takes a small contract.

Speaking of laying eggs, this post comes to mind.

Magnificent Seven
12-17-2015, 01:39 AM
It is up to offensive linemen and receivers. NO MORE DROPPED PASSES!

Northman
12-17-2015, 07:00 AM
I hope our receivers can catch this week.

EastCoastBronco
12-17-2015, 08:35 AM
Any word on CJ?

If we can't establish a running game we will lose this game.
It's that simple.

Ravage!!!
12-17-2015, 11:19 AM
I hope our coaches can coach this week.

Ravage!!!
12-17-2015, 11:30 AM

I can't help but see that this is a review from a biased fan of the Bengals. Bryant and Wheaton have proved to be more than just "fly" guys, and I don't think there is a way that Talib contains Brown.

The running game of Pitt "isn't too bad?" It's better than that, since the "season stats" are skewed to the fact that Vick was in the line-up for a few games. No one was worried, at all, about Vick throwing the ball. They average 4.7 yrds per carry. That's tied with the tops in the NFL, and they are still a top 10 even though they went through the "vick stretch."

Seattle kept Brown out of the game with just 6 catches on 12 targets...but he still had 12 targets... meaning he was still getting lots of looks and open windows.

Obviously pressure on the QB is key to any matchup,and Denver (as long as Ware is back) can pressure the QB as well as anyone...BUT... Big Ben is one of the very best about avoiding rushes and extending plays. He won't be a Carr in that regard, and the Raiders just shut down our offense. Hell, that's two weak teams in a row that our offense struggled against.

tripp
12-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Any word on CJ?

If we can't establish a running game we will lose this game.
It's that simple.

Sounds like Kubes expects him to play.

EastCoastBronco
12-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Sounds like Kubes expects him to play.

That's good news.
If he plays, I'm betting for us to cover that 6.5 point spread because our defence will be getting rested instead of being on the field the whole goddamn game.

tripp
12-17-2015, 12:11 PM
That's good news.
If he plays, I'm betting for us to cover that 6.5 point spread because our defence will be getting rested instead of being on the field the whole goddamn game.

I think they've been keeping him out of practice so he doesn't re-aggravate it before the game. We're getting some good players back at a good time, Trevathan is back, Ware should be in for more snaps. Hillman's ankle should be better.

I think TJ Ward is going to miss this game.

If there's one player you want to target this week, it's Sanders.

Slick
12-17-2015, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't rush CJ back. If he re aggravates anything to the point where he can't play in January, Denver is done.

Ravage!!!
12-17-2015, 12:39 PM
That's good news.

cover the spread??? Are you talking about winning the game or just covering your bet?

BroncoWave
12-17-2015, 12:41 PM
cover the spread??? Are you talking about winning the game or just covering your bet?

I mean, this is a thread about the spread of the game...

Ravage!!!
12-17-2015, 12:44 PM
I mean, this is a thread about the spread of the game...

Fair enough.. I guess.

But is it about gambling or just talkign about how Pitt is favored and by how much? That's different, even though both are talking about the 'number.' So when I see someone say "that should cover the spread".. that isn't talking about how Denver shoudl be able to win the game, but how it should cover the bet. IT's a legit question.

Poet
12-17-2015, 01:17 PM
I can't help but see that this is a review from a biased fan of the Bengals. Bryant and Wheaton have proved to be more than just "fly" guys, and I don't think there is a way that Talib contains Brown.

The running game of Pitt "isn't too bad?" It's better than that, since the "season stats" are skewed to the fact that Vick was in the line-up for a few games. No one was worried, at all, about Vick throwing the ball. They average 4.7 yrds per carry. That's tied with the tops in the NFL, and they are still a top 10 even though they went through the "vick stretch."

Seattle kept Brown out of the game with just 6 catches on 12 targets...but he still had 12 targets... meaning he was still getting lots of looks and open windows.

Obviously pressure on the QB is key to any matchup,and Denver (as long as Ware is back) can pressure the QB as well as anyone...BUT... Big Ben is one of the very best about avoiding rushes and extending plays. He won't be a Carr in that regard, and the Raiders just shut down our offense. Hell, that's two weak teams in a row that our offense struggled against.

Oh ******* please. Many times throughout my time I've picked the Steelers to do well and even win the Sb, like when they beat Arizona, so spare me.

Bryant and Wheaton mostly live off of deep passes. I'm not saying they can't run a drag route, but that's what the offense is predicated upon. Burners who stretch the field, go back to the QB when he scrambles, and the play extending QB.

Why do I say it's not too bad?" Because it's not too bad. DW is having a nice season, but he's not exactly tearing it up on his own accord game after game. The offense is predicated upon those speedy WR's and the big play, which means he doesn't go against stacked boxes too often. As someone who has seen more than four Pittsburgh games, I know this to be be true.

Brown has had some issues with physical corners. Talib is a physical corner. But Sherman has long arms, and from what I read and what I saw, that was what Brown struggled with, even though he's faster than Sherman. I think Brown was a 4.4 guy, according to my google search and Sherman was a 4.5. And considering that Talib has been a great corner for some time now, he's got a shot. The last time I looked at the corner ranking grades, he was a top ten corner.

Look, I want Pitt to beat you. It's in the Bengals best interest, in my opinion for this to occur. So when you address the King you should show more respect.

EastCoastBronco
12-17-2015, 01:26 PM

In the context of the thread...
If we are the underdogs and win we cover the spread, correct?

As a rule, I never bet on Denver because I'm afraid it will jinx them...;-)

Ravage!!!
12-17-2015, 01:26 PM
Oh ******* please. Many times throughout my time I've picked the Steelers to do well and even win the Sb, like when they beat Arizona, so spare me.

Bryant and Wheaton mostly live off of deep passes. I'm not saying they can't run a drag route, but that's what the offense is predicated upon. Burners who stretch the field, go back to the QB when he scrambles, and the play extending QB.

Why do I say it's not too bad?" Because it's not too bad. DW is having a nice season, but he's not exactly tearing it up on his own accord game after game. The offense is predicated upon those speedy WR's and the big play, which means he doesn't go against stacked boxes too often. As someone who has seen more than four Pittsburgh games, I know this to be be true.

Brown has had some issues with physical corners. Talib is a physical corner. But Sherman has long arms, and from what I read and what I saw, that was what Brown struggled with, even though he's faster than Sherman. I think Brown was a 4.4 guy, according to my google search and Sherman was a 4.5. And considering that Talib has been a great corner for some time now, he's got a shot. The last time I looked at the corner ranking grades, he was a top ten corner.

Look, I want Pitt to beat you. It's in the Bengals best interest, in my opinion for this to occur. So when you address the King you should show more respect.

Hah.. then you better bring more to the table than this!!!!!!

Ravage!!!
12-17-2015, 01:28 PM
In the context of the thread...
We can win and cover the spread, correct?

As a rule, I never bet on Denver because I'm afraid it will jinx them...;-)

Yeah.. but I've never heard anyone talk about "winning" and worrying about covering the spread unless the "spread" is what the concern is. I mean, who cares what the spread is unless you are betting? Losing by 5 is losing.

So I simply took the OP bringing up the points as a way to illustrate how much Vegas sees Pitt winning by, but not as a discussion on "how close we can lose by and still win." That's why I asked.

Northman
12-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Denver will probably lose this game but then again i saw us losing to GB and NE and that turned out alright.

tripp
12-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Denver will probably lose this game but then again i saw us losing to GB and NE and that turned out alright.

As long as we beat the Bengals and Chargers

Northman
12-17-2015, 01:36 PM
As long as we beat the Bengals and Chargers

Well, thats kind of the thing. We beat GB and NE but then lost to Indy and Oakland (and KC at home but they have shown they are a contender) so even if we beat Pitt there is still the chance we lose to Cincy or SD or both. One thing that has always been a thorn with this team the past few years is disciplined focus. The SB teams of the 90's just always seemed to be motivated and hungry but i have not seen a Bronco team like that since then. Its like the teams as of late have ADD or something when it comes to staying focused. We could go and win the last 3 or lose the last 3. Its why i never get super confident because i just dont see the hunger on the field with these teams.

Poet
12-17-2015, 01:37 PM
You'll beat Cincinnati by 10.

MOtorboat
12-17-2015, 01:40 PM

Oh, no you don't.

tripp
12-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Well, thats kind of the thing. We beat GB and NE but then lost to Indy and Oakland (and KC at home but they have shown they are a contender) so even if we beat Pitt there is still the chance we lose to Cincy or SD or both. One thing that has always been a thorn with this team the past few years is disciplined focus. The SB teams of the 90's just always seemed to be motivated and hungry but i have not seen a Bronco team like that since then. Its like the teams as of late have ADD or something when it comes to staying focused. We could go and win the last 3 or lose the last 3. Its why i never get super confident because i just dont see the hunger on the field with these teams.

Yeah I agree, division games are never really a gimmie.. but we'll see. I'm excited to see how Brock, and the rest of the offense responds after last week's humbling defeat to the Raiders. To me it'll say a lot about this team's motivation/hunger to win, and how serious we are about being SB contenders.

I'm flying from Toronto on Dec. 26th to Denver to see the game, bought tickets a couple months ago thinking it wouldn't be an important game for either of us.. turning into quite the game.

EastCoastBronco
12-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Yeah.. but I've never heard anyone talk about "winning" and worrying about covering the spread unless the "spread" is what the concern is. I mean, who cares what the spread is unless you are betting? Losing by 5 is losing.

So I simply took the OP bringing up the points as a way to illustrate how much Vegas sees Pitt winning by, but not as a discussion on "how close we can lose by and still win." That's why I asked.

I think my bottom line for the whole thing was, even if we lose it will be by 6.5 points or less.
We are so much more competitive when CJ is healthy.

P.S. After the way we played last week I'm surprised the spread wasn't 13.5...

Poet
12-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Oh, no you don't.

I'm not doing the jinx thing. Cincinnati should be able to beat Baltimore and San Francisco. But Denver has the edge in QB, regardless of who is starting, and on top of that arguably the most talented pass rushing group in the NFL is going to feast on Cincinnati. Wade Phillips versus Andy Dalton. :tsk:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-17-2015, 02:18 PM

Oh, no you don't.

:laugh:

BroncoWave
12-17-2015, 02:26 PM
King: 1
Rav: 0

Poet
12-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Hah.. then you better bring more to the table than this!!!!!!

"You're biased!"

"inserts meaningful rebuttal,"

"Do better!"

"Bitch I'm the King."

VonDoom
12-17-2015, 02:38 PM

I feel like the last three years, we've always lost to the best teams and beat up on the chumps. This year, we've beaten some really good teams (NE, GB, Minnesota, even KC the first time) and lost to some mediocre teams. What that means, I don't know. But teams that do well against playoff teams in the regular season are more likely to be successful when they play those teams in the playoffs. So maybe that means something this year? I'm not overly confident but I sure want the chance to find out.

Ravage!!!
12-17-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm not doing the jinx thing. Cincinnati should be able to beat Baltimore and San Francisco. But Denver has the edge in QB, regardless of who is starting, and on top of that arguably the most talented pass rushing group in the NFL is going to feast on Cincinnati. Wade Phillips versus Andy Dalton. :tsk:

will Andy be back?

Ravage!!!
12-17-2015, 02:42 PM
"You're biased!"

"inserts meaningful rebuttal,"

"Do better!"

"Bitch I'm the King."

Oh.. well there we go.... you thought that was a meaningful rebuttal.

Poet
12-17-2015, 02:45 PM
will Andy be back?

Most likely not. Apparently he has a good shot to play in the postseason.

And it was a meaningful rebuttal. Because if you call someone biased but their argument is still valid, and they can make it demonstrative, then you have egg on your face. I cannot help that I'm just simply better informed on the subject matter than you, Ravage. I carry enough weight as it is, I can't carry you as well.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-17-2015, 02:52 PM
:laugh: It's good to have you back king.

Poet
12-17-2015, 02:56 PM
When this final is over I am gone. I just need a place to procrastinate. But seriously, I don't know what games Ravage is watching where Bryant and Wheaton are showing off their route tree expertise. Come on maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Now heaven forbid one of them makes a big play that isn't a deep pass, I'm sure he'll come storming into this thread like "dammit king! You styled on me but you were wrong! Don't you see how this very minute circumstance makes you wrong! Take back all that styling!"

But when you get moonwalked on you get moonwalked on. I can't take it back ravage, when the King gets to stylin' the stylin' gets to it.

#writethatdown
#toomuchstyle
#kissmyring
#styledon
#thestyledon
#throneroom
#bitchIgotacape

Cugel
12-17-2015, 03:12 PM
This year Denver seems to play up/down to the level of their opponent. I think it's the conservative nature of Kubiak's offense versus the Manning offense. Manning would pile on points against overmatched teams but Kubiak (as he did against San Diego) just takes his foot completely off the gas whenever Denver has had the lead, and then it's close in the 4th quarter.

Then, for some reason, Denver seems to just mail it in against weaker teams (remember how they nearly lost in Cleveland - how embarrassing would that look now, yet the Browns should have won that game in overtime, they had the ball inside Denver territory needing only a FG to win, but lost yards on 3 straight plays and had to punt).

The worst was the Raiders game where they somehow managed to lose despite their defense holding the Raiders to 13 points.

Well, Osweiler is going to have to play a LOT better this week if he wants to keep his starting job. Manning looks like he will be healthy enough to play next week, but Kubiak is being cautious.

tripp
12-17-2015, 03:23 PM
This year Denver seems to play up/down to the level of their opponent. I think it's the conservative nature of Kubiak's offense versus the Manning offense. Manning would pile on points against overmatched teams but Kubiak (as he did against San Diego) just takes his foot completely off the gas whenever Denver has had the lead, and then it's close in the 4th quarter.

Then, for some reason, Denver seems to just mail it in against weaker teams (remember how they nearly lost in Cleveland - how embarrassing would that look now, yet the Browns should have won that game in overtime, they had the ball inside Denver territory needing only a FG to win, but lost yards on 3 straight plays and had to punt).

The worst was the Raiders game where they somehow managed to lose despite their defense holding the Raiders to 13 points.

Well, Osweiler is going to have to play a LOT better this week if he wants to keep his starting job. Manning looks like he will be healthy enough to play next week, but Kubiak is being cautious.

I think he will. Got a hunch he'll throw 2 TD's, and we'll have 1 Rushing TD by CJ. A FG or two. No turn overs. 24 - 17.

artie_dale
12-17-2015, 03:40 PM
One, I don't think Pitt has faced a defense like ours.
Two, since Brock has been the starter, the Broncos have had the most 3 & Outs in the entire league (shame on Offense, kudos to Defense for giving them as many opportunities).
Three, it's tough to beat Pitt, let alone in their own backyard.

Only way I see us beating them is Sack-fumbles or INT due to pressure on Big Ben. Unless our offense wakes the F up and starts playing with aggression and guys start catching everything, of course.

artie_dale
12-17-2015, 03:45 PM

I agree with that, Cuges. Maybe Kubes' style is just a jog (run heavy & clock management) and jogging isn't the style that is successful. I prefer sprinting myself (Manning, Brady, Big Ben, hell, even Palmer).

Slick
12-17-2015, 03:50 PM

You defended Peyton's poor play until the bitter end. Brock doesn't get excused because of a lack of running game, terrible pass protection and crucial drops by the receivers?

Cugel
12-17-2015, 04:28 PM
You defended Peyton's poor play until the bitter end. Brock doesn't get excused because of a lack of running game, terrible pass protection and crucial drops by the receivers?

What are you talking about? I am predicting what will happen, not what I think the Broncos should do! Kubiak is not listening to me, any more than Elway listened to me when I wanted the Broncos to do the Joe Thomas deal.

Personally, I think it's pointless to go back to Manning considering how horrible the OL is. I predict that Manning will be under instant and relentless pressure by the Bengals defense and will probably struggle to complete passes.

But, Osweiler has failed to throw a TD pass in 29 straight possessions. If Osweiler continues to struggle and the team loses it's second straight game, then what's the point of continuing to play Osweiler? If they want to salvage the season they have to do something. Like I said, something has to change and the one thing they can actually change is QBs, since there are no better OL, RBs or WRs available.

But, let me be clear right now. I don't think any QB in the league, not even Aaron Rogers would do well behind this putrid OL. So, if putting Manning in for Osweiler the "answer?"

I don't know that there is an "answer" other than inventing a time machine, going back in time and getting some good OL.

TimHippo
12-17-2015, 04:40 PM
One, I don't think Pitt has faced a defense like ours.
Two, since Brock has been the starter, the Broncos have had the most 3 & Outs in the entire league (shame on Offense, kudos to Defense for giving them as many opportunities).
Three, it's tough to beat Pitt, let alone in their own backyard.

Only way I see us beating them is Sack-fumbles or INT due to pressure on Big Ben. Unless our offense wakes the F up and starts playing with aggression and guys start catching everything, of course.

Interesting.

OrangeHoof
12-17-2015, 05:26 PM
How much was Pittsburgh favored when we started Tebow in the playoffs? If we can beat Rapistburglar with Tebow at the helm, shouldn't it be easy with either Ozzie or Manning and the Head Coach everyone said was better than Fox?

BroncoJoe
12-17-2015, 05:46 PM
:laugh: It's good to have you back king.

When this final is over I am gone.

BS. You can't leave us, and you know it.

spikerman
12-17-2015, 05:53 PM
With the way Denver's offense is playing, six total points might he enough for Pittsburgh.

tripp
12-17-2015, 06:41 PM
With the way Denver's offense is playing, six total points might he enough for Pittsburgh.

Gotta think they'll bounce back. I've got confidence Oakland was the boot up our ass we needed to get us into gear for the rest of the season/playoffs.

Like Brock said, it's all about how you respond.

NightTerror218
12-17-2015, 06:57 PM

No way, they offense can move the ball. Control time of possession but don't not score high points.

spikerman
12-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Gotta think they'll bounce back. I've got confidence Oakland as the boot up our ass we needed to get us into gear for the rest of the season/playoffs.

Like Brock said, it's all about how you respond.
I wish I had your confidence. I heard the guys on SiriusXM NFL radio say the other day that the Broncos are actually scoring fewer points per game under Osweiler than they did under Manning and that doesn't include the defensive points. Now, I'm not saying Osweiler is the issue. Yes, he takes too many sacks, but I think there is something inherently flawed with this offense, plus it looks to me like the game plans are so conservative that they are playing "scared." Yes, there have been dropped passes and we all know the o-line stinks out loud, but by this point in the season I don't see the team improving much. If they haven't done it in 14 weeks (including the bye) I don't think they can flip the switch over the next three.

I would love to be wrong and to have your optimism, but I just don't.

Injuries aside, I'm very disappointed in both the front office and the coaching staff. I think most fans could see that the offensive line was a train wreck as the season approached and Elway didn't do much to address it. At the same time, moving the TE coach to coach the offensive line probably wasn't a helpful move either. Honestly, I don't know if he has any experience coaching an o-line, I certainly hope so, but based on the results so far I wouldn't swear to it.

spikerman
12-17-2015, 07:45 PM
No way, they offense can move the ball. Control time of possession but don't not score high points.

I'm not sure I'm following this post.

I Eat Staples
12-17-2015, 08:10 PM
CJ Anderson playing or not really doesn't make much of a difference. Running backs don't actually contribute as much to the running game as the offensive line does, and well, we've all seen our line...

tripp
12-17-2015, 09:02 PM
I wish I had your confidence. I heard the guys on SiriusXM NFL radio say the other day that the Broncos are actually scoring fewer points per game under Osweiler than they did under Manning and that doesn't include the defensive points. Now, I'm not saying Osweiler is the issue. Yes, he takes too many sacks, but I think there is something inherently flawed with this offense, plus it looks to me like the game plans are so conservative that they are playing "scared." Yes, there have been dropped passes and we all know the o-line stinks out loud, but by this point in the season I don't see the team improving much. If they haven't done it in 14 weeks (including the bye) I don't think they can flip the switch over the next three.

Injuries aside, I'm very disappointed in both the front office and the coaching staff. I think most fans could see that the offensive line was a train wreck as the season approached and Elway didn't do much to address it. At the same time, moving the TE coach to coach the offensive line probably wasn't a helpful move either. Honestly, I don't know if he has any experience coaching an o-line, I certainly hope so, but based on the results so far I wouldn't swear to it.

I agree the game plan appears pretty conservative. It seems as if the play book opens up more, the more we're down by. Which makes sense I guess, but you'd think we'd like to air it out a few times in the first half as well. I hold hope that Kubes opens the play book up more for Oz on Sunday. I'd love to see Vernon Davis involved more, and I'd like to see more crossing routes to Sanders.

Not sure what the answer is for the O-line other than praying they have a good game. I also agree I'm a little disappointed the front office didn't address the O-line issue, as this has been a problem since... 2013? Maybe even longer than that, but it's been more noticeable since Peyton has been here since the urge to protect the frail QB was more of a priority than ever. I'll admit I will lose a lot of hope/confidence - if we lose by more than a score on Sunday. It's pretty sad already that Vegas has us as underdogs when our record is better than the Steelers.

If we beat New England at home, we can beat Steelers in Pitt, that's my rationality.

tripp
12-17-2015, 09:06 PM
CJ Anderson playing or not really doesn't make much of a difference. Running backs don't actually contribute as much to the running game as the offensive line does, and well, we've all seen our line...

I hold CJ to a higher regard than attributing the O-line as the reason for whether he will have a good game or not. I think he's better than that. He's capable of shedding a couple tackles and breaking one for a monster gain. I think he's the difference on this offense seeing as how DT has decided to not step up in the last couple of games.

I Eat Staples
12-17-2015, 09:57 PM
I hold CJ to a higher regard than attributing the O-line as the reason for whether he will have a good game or not. I think he's better than that. He's capable of shedding a couple tackles and breaking one for a monster gain. I think he's the difference on this offense seeing as how DT has decided to not step up in the last couple of games.

I don't think CJ is that good, and I think the running back position as a whole is just not that valuable.

tomjonesrocks
12-18-2015, 12:09 AM

I think it's one of those things where either the Broncos bring Brock back and he becomes serviceable or he fails outright elsewhere.

I think his only chance of success is in Denver, personally.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-18-2015, 01:00 AM
I think it's one of those things where either the Broncos bring Brock back and he becomes serviceable or he fails outright elsewhere.

I disagree, I think he'd be a huge success as a head and shoulders spokesperson.

Hawgdriver
12-18-2015, 04:15 AM
.....cause I need to forget about him getting undressed and spanked by Del (her name is) Rio.

Incriminating.

7DnBrnc53
12-18-2015, 06:01 AM
I don't think CJ is that good, and I think the running back position as a whole is just not that valuable.

He is good when he is healthy.

Northman
12-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Having receivers catch TD passes and having kickers make field goals will help a lot this week.

MOtorboat
12-18-2015, 10:27 AM
Having receivers catch TD passes and having kickers make field goals will help a lot this week.

Scoring a touchdown, by whatever method it takes, would be ideal.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-18-2015, 11:39 AM

CJ is very good at getting yards after contact.

underrated29
12-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Eh, move schofield to RG. Or mad max. Vaz to RT.

I feel fine with brock in the future, especially with a OL that can stand up to DLines. CJ will keep the ground game going. Brock will do more than fine. I only have one concern and that is RT. If we get the line ok its all sexy for the broncos from here on out.

Cugel
12-18-2015, 03:15 PM

Stop and think how hard it is to find even a mediocre starting QB in this league. According to some experts, there may not be even 1 franchise QB in next year's draft.

Meanwhile there will be 10 teams that decide they need a QB and none available.

That's what led teams to draft E.J. Manuel and Geno Smith in 2013, Branden Weeden in the first round in 2012.

artie_dale
12-20-2015, 11:42 AM
How much was Pittsburgh favored when we started Tebow in the playoffs? If we can beat Rapistburglar with Tebow at the helm, shouldn't it be easy with either Ozzie or Manning and the Head Coach everyone said was better than Fox?

That was how many seasons ago, how many coaches ago, and how many players ago?

Was Antonio Brown even on their team back then?

There are only a small handful of teams who's defensive thrive on home field energy and Pittsburgh has always been one of those teams. Our defense seems to be another this season, Baltimore when they are healthy (with Suggs), Seattle (I don't acknowledging/admitting they do anything good)... and I can't think of any other at the moment.

CJ is hopefully healthy enough to be effective. Our coaching staff hopefully has enough of a clue to double outside rushers when need be, and HOPEFULLY our expensive rcvrs catch the F'n ball when they get 10 fingers on it.

artie_dale
12-20-2015, 11:52 AM

The Giants and the Ravens are I think the most resent teams to lose games late in the regular season only to catch fire just in time to go on a run (they did it via the Wild Card), so the loss to the Raiders and the fact that the team seems lost and trying to figure itself out, hasn't forced me to lose too much hope. What I am hoping for is the team to get healthy and some depth getting back on the field to help share the load so we can at least finish strong. That's all that matter to me. To finish strong.

Valar Morghulis
12-20-2015, 12:26 PM
That was how many seasons ago, how many coaches ago, and how many players ago?

Was Antonio Brown even on their team back then?

I could be wrong, but i am pretty sure big ben was really banged up for that game - ankle injury i think, and i believe he may even have missed several weeks previous, but as always, i could be talking utter shite

Northman
12-20-2015, 12:31 PM
I could be wrong, but i am pretty sure big ben was really banged up for that game - ankle injury i think, and i believe he may even have missed several weeks previous, but as always, i could be talking utter shite

Yea, he was probably only about 75% in that game.