PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes, etc. - week 15 (Steelers week)

Denver Native (Carol)
12-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Broncos' Brock Osweiler expected to start on Sunday

Expect to see Brock Osweiler running the Denver Broncos offense for at least one more week.

That's the report out of Dove Valley from NFL Media's James Palmer, who added that coach Gary Kubiak did not want to make an announcement on the Week 15 starter before discussing the matter with both quarterbacks.

Kubiak had not spoken with Osweiler and Peyton Manning before Monday's press conference, which is one of the reasons why a starting quarterback wasn't listed on the media schedule for Wednesday.

Manning is scheduled to resume some level of practice this week for the first time since facing the Chiefs exactly a month ago.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000602445/article/broncos-brock-osweiler-expected-to-start-on-sunday

Denver Native (Carol)
12-15-2015, 06:54 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 38m

Media schedule aside, #Broncos Osweiler will start on Sunday. Manning expected to practice Wednesday, but likely to remain inactive Sunday

Denver Native (Carol)
12-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 25m

Hate to disappoint everyone but no QB controversy this week. Check back at #9News for scoop next week. #9news #9sports

VonDoom
12-15-2015, 08:29 PM
I don't think it's any shock that Osweiler is starting again - Manning hasn't done anything football related in a month. Since he's practicing this week, though, I would not at all be surprised to see Manning start against the Bengals on 12/28.

Cugel
12-15-2015, 08:52 PM
I don't think it's any shock that Osweiler is starting again - Manning hasn't done anything football related in a month. Since he's practicing this week, though, I would not at all be surprised to see Manning start against the Bengals on 12/28.

I would be very surprised. He's not going to be completely healthy by then. But, I suppose if the Broncos lose this game they might throw Manning in there against the Bengals in desperation. Especially if the offense keeps failing to score any TDs.

Hard to expect anything good to come out of starting Manning with this putrid OL and no running game though. We kinda saw what that would be like in the first 6 games of the season.

NightTerror218
12-15-2015, 10:08 PM

I have heard talk of this. And if he blows they can go back to Oz in the final week going into the playoffs.

NightTerror218
12-15-2015, 10:09 PM
I would be very surprised. He's not going to be completely healthy by then. But, I suppose if the Broncos lose this game they might throw Manning in there against the Bengals in desperation. Especially if the offense keeps failing to score any TDs.

Hard to expect anything good to come out of starting Manning with this putrid OL and no running game though. We kinda saw what that would be like in the first 6 games of the season.

Only reason this team won some games with Manning was due to defensive TDs.

VonDoom
12-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago

Big Ben on his initial impression of the #Broncos defense "Wow". Said they are the best defense in the NFL.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago

Big Ben said he hasn't spoke with Emmanuel Sanders since he left Pittsburgh.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 59m59 minutes ago

Roethlisberger said there are "no hard feelings on his end" and he would have no problem shaking Sanders' hand.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 58m58 minutes ago

Sanders made comments upon leaving Pittsburgh lauding Peyton as a much better leader than Big Ben.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 37m37 minutes ago

More Roethlisberger on Sanders: "I’m not sure why Emmanuel still up to this day still hasn’t reached out to me so I just kind of let it go."

VonDoom
12-16-2015, 01:45 PM
TV maps are up - I assume most people are getting this game, but there are a few pockets here and there that are getting something else:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=15

VonDoom
12-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

#Broncos Peyton Manning practicing As expected

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago

TJ Ward (ankle) working with trainers to the side of practice.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos David Bruton, Omar Bolden and Danny Trevathan practicing

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

Among those watching or limited : Ward, Stewart, Anderson, Mathis #Broncos

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 5m5 minutes ago

With Osweiler starting this week, Manning working with second team in early part of practice.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#broncos manning moving around well. Throwing the ball on all routes. Encouraging signs after being out a month

BroncoJoe
12-16-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm so fricking torn as to whether or not I want Manning back as the starter.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 02:06 PM
I know...I'm just not convinced he can make enough throws.

BroncoJoe
12-16-2015, 02:11 PM
I know...I'm just not convinced he can make enough throws.

That's my belief, but I'm guessing the Broncos are going to want to see for themselves.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 02:23 PM
That's my belief, but I'm guessing the Broncos are going to want to see for themselves.

I don't want to see anymore 30 yard floaters

VonDoom
12-16-2015, 02:55 PM

My friend texted me earlier with, "So, do you want Manning back?" I responded - "I want 2013 Manning back"

I'm in the same boat as you, though. I'd love to believe that he can come back and be good, but I'll be worried when I see him walk out on the field because we don't know what we're going to get.

underrated29
12-16-2015, 02:56 PM
I just want to see broncos touchdowns. I dont care who throws them or runs them in.....Let me add that I want to see those along with Broncos wins.

underrated29
12-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Someone posted somewhere a stat that manning had 3 and outs on 44% of his drives (or something like that) and that Brock had 3 and outs on 45% (or something like that).....They were 1% different from each other.

1 is old and hurt, but a better player
1 is younger and healthy, but a greenhorn

How do you choose?
My answer is if the run game sucks when manning is back, Brock all the way. If the run game can continue as well with manning, then go with the guy that can read the defenses better.

If.........he throws picks or schofield just completely sucks still (very likely) then put in brock so manning at least can walk away from the game and not be in a wheelchair.

Davii
12-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Someone posted somewhere a stat that manning had 3 and outs on 44% of his drives (or something like that) and that Brock had 3 and outs on 45% (or something like that).....They were 1% different from each other.

How do you choose?
My answer is if the run game sucks when manning is back, Brock all the way. If the run game can continue as well with manning, then go with the guy that can read the defenses better.

If.........he throws picks or schofield just completely sucks still (very likely) then put in brock so manning at least can walk away from the game and not be in a wheelchair.

IF Manning goes back in the only way you can take him out is if he's visibly injured or plays as poorly as he did against KC. You don't sit a HOF QB because the other guy might play better that day. Again *IF* Denver goes back to Manning it's all or nothing, you can't sit him for anything less than horrific play or injury. Shitty spot to be in.

Slick
12-16-2015, 03:06 PM
The O line isn't good enough to put Manning back in there.

Davii
12-16-2015, 03:15 PM

*IF* he's 100% healthy he has a quicker release than Brock and diagnose defenses better/quicker. I'm not saying they should go back to Manning. I don't think anyone that can't watch the two of them in practice RIGHT NOW can know which should play.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 03:17 PM

How do you choose?

TOP is better with Brock, and so is TD/INT ratio. Without the fumbles from Sanders and DT last Sunday we win that game.

VonDoom
12-16-2015, 03:18 PM
*IF* he's 100% healthy he has a quicker release than Brock and diagnose defenses better/quicker. I'm not saying they should go back to Manning. I don't think anyone that can't watch the two of them in practice RIGHT NOW can know which should play.

Exactly. We just have to hope that the coaching staff makes the right call at the right time. There's no perfect answer here, given the weaknesses of the line and the running game.

Slick
12-16-2015, 03:34 PM

I'm going by what I saw earlier in the year when he was supposedly healthy.

tripp
12-16-2015, 03:35 PM
IF Manning goes back in the only way you can take him out is if he's visibly injured or plays as poorly as he did against KC. You don't sit a HOF QB because the other guy might play better that day. Again *IF* Denver goes back to Manning it's all or nothing, you can't sit him for anything less than horrific play or injury. Shitty spot to be in.

I'll just start by saying I've supported whoever is QB for the Broncos. BUT the last 3 games, I've been far more pessimistic about the offense than I have been optimistic. I feel like when Manning is under center, we could break out at any moment and score a TD, while with Brock it's a progression, and I don't feel like we can score on any drive. Nothing against Brock at all, he's an inexperienced QB, who will only get better with experience. He's done really well with the opportunities he's been given. I just don't feel as confident as I do with Manning despite how much Peyton has been struggling for the past year and a half.

Whoever Kubiak decides to go with, I'll support 100%.

tripp
12-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Also, the only piece of information I find of value this week will be if CJ Anderson is ready to go or not. Sounds like he's still struggling with his ankle, in which case, I'm nervous.

NightTerror218
12-16-2015, 03:46 PM

I don't think so anymore. This year Manning has hung onto the ball to long and/or forced throws. Which is why he is the int leader in NFL.

NightTerror218
12-16-2015, 03:47 PM
TOP is better with Brock, and so is TD/INT ratio. Without the fumbles from Sanders and DT last Sunday we win that game.

Manning needed the defense to score in a couple games in order to win.

Davii
12-16-2015, 03:49 PM
I don't think so anymore. This year Manning has hung onto the ball to long and/or forced throws. Which is why he is the int leader in NFL.

Last thing I read said his foot had been jacked up "for a while", hence the *IF* he's healthy portion of my post. He hasn't done anything in close to a month, so again, without seeing him in practice or seeing him throw all we are doing is complete 100% speculation. There is no comparing a guy that hasn't thrown a football in about a month to himself two months ago without seeing it happen.

I wish I had the answer, I trust the coaches and Elway will make the right decision no matter who that is and I won't second guess them. If Manning, then I'm assuming they truly believe he gives us the best chance to win, if Brock then I'm assuming Manning has nothing more to offer.

tripp
12-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago
Osweiler: "You experience highs, you experience lows ... it's all how you bounce back from them."

tripp
12-16-2015, 03:53 PM
I wish I had the answer, I trust the coaches and Elway will make the right decision no matter who that is and I won't second guess them. If Manning, then I'm assuming they truly believe he gives us the best chance to win, if Brock then I'm assuming Manning has nothing more to offer.

Where I'm at as well.

NightTerror218
12-16-2015, 03:56 PM
Last thing I read said his foot had been jacked up "for a while", hence the *IF* he's healthy portion of my post. He hasn't done anything in close to a month, so again, without seeing him in practice or seeing him throw all we are doing is complete 100% speculation. There is no comparing a guy that hasn't thrown a football in about a month to himself two months ago without seeing it happen.

How about looking at the first come weeks of the season. Many ints and relying on defensive TD.

To me it comes down to the fact I don't trust Manning in this system. Trying to fit a square leg in a round hole really kills the offense. The OL does not give him enough time for deep routes to develop and stacked box kills the running game and short quick passes; again hurting how quickly he can get the ball out.

Packers game I am going to call a fluke because they did not stack the box and the running game took off which open it up for Manning some.

Different to how teams defend Oz and Manning. The safties are in box for Manning and in coverage for Oz taking away some deep routes.

Davii
12-16-2015, 04:02 PM
How about looking at the first come weeks of the season. Many ints and relying on defensive TD.

To me it comes down to the fact I don't trust Manning in this system. Trying to fit a square leg in a round hole really kills the offense. The OL does not give him enough time for deep routes to develop and stacked box kills the running game and short quick passes; again hurting how quickly he can get the ball out.

Packers game I am going to call a fluke because they did not stack the box and the running game took off which open it up for Manning some.

Different to how teams defend Oz and Manning. The safties are in box for Manning and in coverage for Oz taking away some deep routes.

Well, I guess we'll see if the coaches let Manning back. If you can go see a practice let me know how he looks. For now, the DP said he looked good today. Worked from under center, dropped back fine, threw a variety of routes, and worked from the gun.

I'm not so much disagreeing with you as I'm saying you can't possibly know what you think you do. You have no idea exactly when this injury was incurred, how it effected him, when it began effecting him, and how he has healed to this point. The only ones that do are all on the Bronco's staff.

Slick
12-16-2015, 04:29 PM

I reserve the right to second guess them if they go back to the old man and he plays like shit. :D I agree with your post and I think Manning was hurt much earlier on than the general public was let on. I question why he was playing even when they were winning because it wasn't good except for the GreenBay game. He threw the ball really well in that one.

Davii
12-16-2015, 04:34 PM
I reserve the right to second guess them if they go back to the old man and he plays like shit. :D I agree with your post and I think Manning was hurt much earlier on than the general public was let on. I question why he was playing even when they were winning because it wasn't good except for the GreenBay game. He threw the ball really well in that one.

My thoughts exactly. I don't understand why he was allowed to play against Indy, and he certainly shouldn't have been allowed to play against KC. If getting two weeks off helped enough for the GB game hopefully the 5 weeks he'll have by the time the Bengals come to town has really helped a lot. *IF* the coaches play him that is.

underrated29
12-16-2015, 04:46 PM

Its not good enough for Tebow back there. Or Cam or Russel.

Slick
12-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Its not good enough for Tebow back there. Or Cam or Russel.

It's weird/very frustrating that they could run block against Green Bay, New England, Chicago, a couple of other games, but they couldn't block a wet paper bag last Sunday.

spikerman
12-16-2015, 04:51 PM

They're not scoring points with either guy. Although they may be defending them differently, both ways are effective.

tripp
12-16-2015, 04:57 PM
It's weird/very frustrating that they could run block against Green Bay, New England, Chicago, a couple of other games, but they couldn't block a wet paper bag last Sunday.

Why can't we counter our bad o-line with quick passes to Sanders and DT? Brady has been doing it all year

Davii
12-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Why can't we counter our bad o-line with quick passes to Sanders and DT? Brady has been doing it all year

Because DT keeps dropping balls everywhere. And sorry, I know everyone says the Patriots have line issues, but they are definitely better than our line.

Slick
12-16-2015, 05:00 PM

Good question. My guess would be defenses are sitting on the short stuff like they do when Manning is in there because Brock hasn't really been consistent beating teams deep.

Slick
12-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Because DT keeps dropping balls everywhere. And sorry, I know everyone says the Patriots have line issues, but they are definitely better than our line.

The drops seem to always come at crucial times in the game too.

underrated29
12-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Manning needed the defense to score in a couple games in order to win.

True, but so did brock. Chargers game comes to mind.

I think its more about the offense as a whole needs the defense to score in a couple games in order to win. Not the QB

tripp
12-16-2015, 05:08 PM

I would argue the Patriots are better coached. Talent/Athletically, is up for debate. It's just incredible that the Pats have no O-lineman from the SB team, on their team right now, and yet can shut down JJ Watt, Clowney, and company.

NightTerror218
12-16-2015, 05:18 PM
I would argue the Patriots are better coached. Talent/Athletically, is up for debate. It's just incredible that the Pats have no O-lineman from the SB team, on their team right now, and yet can shut down JJ Watt, Clowney, and company.

JJ Watt just broke his hand before that game. If you watched the game you can see he was very limited to where he could line up and what pass rush moves he could do.

NightTerror218
12-16-2015, 05:20 PM
True, but so did brock. Chargers game comes to mind.

I think its more about the offense as a whole needs the defense to score in a couple games in order to win. Not the QB

Denver did not need that pick six to win. The game was 17-3.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 05:21 PM
JJ Watt just broke his hand before that game. If you watched the game you can see he was very limited to where he could line up and what pass rush moves he could do.

Yeah, he wasn't very effective. He probably should have sat.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-16-2015, 05:36 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2h

Brock: "Weird to see Peyton take the scout team reps today".

Brockweiler on Peyton: "just to get him beside you on the field, it's great"

Kubiak says Brock is the starter and Trevor is the back-up this week. Manning will not dress Sunday. At all. Naked.

Kubiak on PFM: "did fine...took a step today...do a little more tomorrow"

underrated29
12-16-2015, 06:05 PM
vic made a funny

VonDoom
12-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 52m52 minutes ago

CJ Anderson is practicing even though practice is indoors on turf

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 50m50 minutes ago

Lerentee McCray and TJ Ward working with trainer to the side. Darian Stewart not practicing. Demaryius not practicing.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 47m47 minutes ago

Don't see Malik Jackson at Broncos practice.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 37m37 minutes ago

#broncos Peyton Manning went through same drills during open viewing period as yesterday. Again it shows progress

Davii
12-17-2015, 02:48 PM

Whether coaching or talent the end result is their line is much better than ours.

VonDoom
12-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Eric Goodman ‏@EricGoodman 22m22 minutes ago

#Broncos Ward on #Steelers offense:

“They’re hot because they haven’t played us yet. A lot of teams were hot before they played us.”

tripp
12-17-2015, 03:21 PM

“They’re hot because they haven’t played us yet. A lot of teams were hot before they played us.”

love the attitude.

VonDoom
12-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

C.J. Anderson was limited today, as was Evan Mathis, Omar Bolden, David Bruton Jr., Peyton Manning & some others.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Danny Trevathan cleared the concussion protocol. Practiced in full today.

Demaryius Thomas got a rest day today. He'll be back at practice tomorrow, Kubiak said.

Kubiak said he thinks Darian Stewart will practice tomorrow.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Malik Jackson was not at practice; he's awaiting the delivery of his child.

Peyton Manning saw "a few more periods" of work today, Kubiak said. "He looked good."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 55s56 seconds ago

Peyton Manning is still getting scout-team reps & individual work. "He does a pretty good job [mimicking Roethlisberger]," Kubiak said.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 47s48 seconds ago

Kubiak said that Manning has made progress. "I like the way he's coming along." #Broncos

VonDoom
12-17-2015, 03:38 PM

Kubiak expects DeMarcus Ware to play "around 30-35" snaps Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 31s31 seconds ago

Kubiak on Harris & Talib: "I can't think of 2 guys having a better year than those 2 guys, and it's because of how they work."

VonDoom
12-17-2015, 03:41 PM

Dennison: "When you run the ball, it makes life a little easier in the red zone." Said offense didn't execute "on anything" in the 2nd half.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 39s39 seconds ago

Dennison said coaches deserve some blame for the offensive line issues vs. #Raiders. "We put them in some tough spots."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 49s49 seconds ago

Dennison, on DT's drops: "It's just keeping on him to make the plays, & I think he will...he'll make those plays, just have to keep working"

Slick
12-17-2015, 03:47 PM

Make sure you're going to play if you're going to talk shit, TJ.

VonDoom
12-17-2015, 03:49 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

DeCamillis doesn't see anything technically amiss with McManus, having missed three long FG attempts in the last 3 games.

Sanders and Bolden have both gotten PR reps in practice this week, DeCamillis said.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 57s58 seconds ago

DeCamillis said that Sanders "had not shown one time in practice" that handling the football on a punt return would be an issue.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago

DeCamillis on Sanders' muffed punt return: "It's a shame that happened to him because there's no one I trust more with his hands."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17s17 seconds ago

DeCamillis: "I've got about 3 hours of sleep this week thinking about [Antonio] Brown." Feels Brown is the best PR in the league.

VonDoom
12-17-2015, 04:43 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

.@Millerlite40: "We've got the best secondary in the league. That's why the stats look the way they do."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 9m9 minutes ago UCHealth Training Center

.@Millerlite40 on five straight games w/ a sack (@NFL best):

"Just a groove right now."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m13 minutes ago

#Broncos CJ Anderson said. "Ankle's fine. Running around. Ready to go."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware said he felt he could have handled more work last Sunday.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Ware: "It's sort of a blessing" to have missed some time, gotten some rest & avoided extra wear and tear.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Von Miller eyeing match with good friend Steelers RT Marcus Gilbert. Gilbert has allowed only one sack this year.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 24m24 minutes ago

From the locker room:
"I see this as a corners game. ... We've got to lock up at corner." - @ChrisHarrisJr

LawDog
12-18-2015, 01:01 AM
Damn Malik, is there anyone on the team who wasn't at home getting busy wit da missus last February? What is this, the fourth new kid over the past couple a weeks?

SR
12-18-2015, 06:11 AM
Damn Malik, is there anyone on the team who wasn't at home getting busy wit da missus last February? What is this, the fourth new kid over the past couple a weeks?

It was playoff loss depression sex.

VonDoom
12-18-2015, 09:53 AM
The Friday column at MMQB is led by the Steelers/Broncos game:

Aqib Talib didn’t even have to hear the full question to know what was coming.

Over the past five games, the Steelers have scored …

“Uh-huh,” Talib said.

To an opposing cornerback, this statistic needed no introduction: The Steelers have scored 30 or more points each Sunday since Nov. 8, against Oakland, Cleveland, Seattle, Indianapolis and Cincinnati. The question: Why can’t defenses stop them?

“The quarterback’s been doing what he does, shaking people off and extending plays,” Talib said on the phone Wednesday afternoon from Broncos HQ in Englewood, Colo. “And their receivers are doing what they do—running by people. They’re flat-out running by people. They run the short routes, and convert them to long routes when Ben (Roethlisberger) starts moving. They’re getting all over the field.”

Talib, measuring 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, has fared well against big, physical receivers. In a Week 3 win against Detroit, he held Calvin Johnson to 77 receiving yards and no touchdowns, which generally can be considered a win against Megatron. Not all big, fast guys are used the same way in their offense, so how Talib plays is based on what kind of routes they run. For example, Talib’s strategy against Johnson was based less on his size and more the fact that he runs the entire route tree. If he sees a lot of Bryant on Sunday, it’s the receiver’s down-the-field speed for which he’ll have to be able to account.

One thing is certain: The Broncos’ No. 1-ranked defense is going to keep doing what it has been doing, and that’s being confident that its players will outplay the opposition. Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips deploys his guys in man coverage, undeterred by the competition, a fearlessness rewarded by holding Aaron Rodgers to 77 passing yards and handing Tom Brady his first defeat of the season. “Don’t nothing get much more dangerous than Tom Brady, you know,” Talib says, so you can expect that approach to continue in Pittsburgh.

“We’re gonna do what we do, and they know what we’re gonna do,” Talib says. “What’s our record now, 10-3? We didn’t play 13 games this year only to go to Pittsburgh and change our whole scheme. They know we’re going to be in man. I guess we’ll find out if you can or you can’t (do it).”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/17/denver-broncos-pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-week-15-preview

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 11h

Vic Lombardi Retweeted Chris Barth

I reported this 33 days ago. He came into camp with the plantar fascia issue.

Chris Barth
‏@101cmb1502

@VicLombardi so pm has been injured 6 months now says Archie manning. Why does everyone make excuses for him?

VonDoom
12-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 25m25 minutes ago

Manning at practice. But doesn't appear to be practicing. No helmet just watching

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 19m19 minutes ago

Not practicing today: Manning, Stewart, Bolden, Ward, McCray. Manning and Stewart are out here, but without helmets.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9m9 minutes ago

TJ Ward has done everything to get ankle ready. But fact not practicing today means odds not in favor to play Sunday

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Crap, no Stewart or Ward vs Pitt could be a disaster.

VonDoom
12-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Crap, no Stewart or Ward vs Pitt could be a disaster.

Yeah, no kidding. Our corners will be fine, but Ben likes to go long and test the safeties, so if we have Bolden and Keo getting a lot of playing time, that's bad news for us.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 5m

Kubiak: #Manning (a little sore this AM so they "shut it down for the weekend") will travel to Pittsburgh; likely to be on sideline for game

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 8m

Coach Kubiak on #DENvsPIT
• Manning, Ward, McCray, Bolden are OUT

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 23m

#Broncos Friday injury updates http://j.mp/1NXMEOy

VonDoom
12-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Yeah, no kidding. Our corners will be fine, but Ben likes to go long and test the safeties, so if we have Bolden and Keo getting a lot of playing time, that's bad news for us.

On second thought, forget Bolden:

Tj Ward, Bolden, McCray and Manning ruled out

#Broncos again will be short-handed at safety this week vs. Pitt. TJ Ward and Omar Bolden is out, while Darian Stewart is questionable.

... so we've got Bruton, Bush, Keo as safeties if Stewart can't play? Yikes.

BroncoWave
12-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Said this in another thread, but if his foot is already sore again after just two light practices, I don't see how it can be even close to healthy enough for him to play anytime soon.

underrated29
12-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Funny how we never hear about the broncos being banged up, but the pats*........well we know that story.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Said this in another thread, but if his foot is already sore again after just two light practices, I don't see how it can be even close to healthy enough for him to play anytime soon.

What I posted said that Manning did not practice today, as he was a little sore this AM. But they did not designate where the soreness was.

VonDoom
12-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

Kubiak said he expects C.J. Anderson to play Sunday. RB corps will be at full strength.

VonDoom
12-18-2015, 02:39 PM
What I posted said that Manning did not practice today, as he was a little sore this AM. But they did not designate where the soreness was.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 6m6 minutes ago

Didn't sound like this was a scheduled day off for Manning, but a precaution they took when his foot felt sore this morning.

BroncoWave
12-18-2015, 02:39 PM

From Troy Renck:

"Kubiak said Manning's foot was sore. That's why not practicing. Said manning will travel to game"

Buff
12-18-2015, 02:43 PM
On second thought, forget Bolden:

Tj Ward, Bolden, McCray and Manning ruled out

#Broncos again will be short-handed at safety this week vs. Pitt. TJ Ward and Omar Bolden is out, while Darian Stewart is questionable.

... so we've got Bruton, Bush, Keo as safeties if Stewart can't play? Yikes.

Good lord - going against to of the best deep threats in the league in Brown and Bryant. Roethlisberger gonna be winging it deep all day.

underrated29
12-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Good lord - going against to of the best deep threats in the league in Brown and Bryant. Roethlisberger gonna be winging it deep all day.

Winging it deep in the dirt.

Calling it now. Von will single handedly eat the souls of the steelers and whats left of Rothlisbergers soul.

Cugel
12-18-2015, 03:05 PM
I guess we'll have to see how Peyton is next week, but this doesn't look good:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Having already been ruled out for Sunday's game in Pittsburgh, quarterback Peyton Manning was scratched from Friday's practice after feeling some soreness in his foot earlier in the day.

"He came in this morning and was a little sore, so we just said, 'OK, we'll stop for the weekend and we'll go from there,' so we'll pick back up on Monday," Head Coach Gary Kubiak said. "It just happened this morning, so it's a decision we made with what we're doing."

Manning threw passes Wednesday and Thursday, working in individual and seven-on-seven periods, and also had some scout-team repetitions. Those two practices represented his most extensive work since he left the Chiefs game Nov. 15 midway through the third quarter because of a plantar fascia tear.

Kubiak added that having Friday's practice outside after two days inside the Pat Bowlen Fieldhouse had no impact on the decision to hold him out.

Manning will travel with the team to Pittsburgh, and Kubiak expects that he will be on the sideline during the game, although he could sit upstairs.

Buff
12-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Winging it deep in the dirt.

Calling it now. Von will single handedly eat the souls of the steelers and whats left of Rothlisbergers soul.

I hope we match up Talib on Bryant and Harris on Brown - that seems like a better matchup given their size and quickness.

Cugel
12-18-2015, 03:07 PM
David Bruton is underrated. He's a good safety, and they will be fine with him. Losing Bolden hurts with Stewart injured. Hopefully Stewart can play some at least on 3rd downs.

Buff
12-18-2015, 03:08 PM
David Bruton is underrated. He's a good safety, and they will be fine with him. Losing Bolden hurts with Stewart injured. Hopefully Stewart can play some at least on 3rd downs.

If Bruton was 100% I'd agree - he's come a long way as a safety... I just worry about him being a little dinged up still.

VonDoom
12-18-2015, 03:15 PM
I hope we match up Talib on Bryant and Harris on Brown - that seems like a better matchup given their size and quickness.

This was what they suggested in the MMQB article I posted earlier. And Roby on Wheaton. That's what I'd do as well. Either way, it will be a tough challenge for everyone.

underrated29
12-18-2015, 03:43 PM

This was what they suggested in the MMQB article I posted earlier. And Roby on Wheaton. That's what I'd do as well. Either way, it will be a tough challenge for everyone.

This is exactly what I would do! Exactly. Although I may consider putting roby on miller. As long as we shut dwill2 down we are going to rock pitts. Ben will gift us 2 ints for sure!

NightTerror218
12-18-2015, 04:18 PM
This is exactly what I would do! Exactly. Although I may consider putting roby on miller. As long as we shut dwill2 down we are going to rock pitts. Ben will gift us 2 ints for sure!

Have to jam WR and bump them off routes a little so they do not speed straight passed CBs. Bruton will most likely play deep and cover any WR looking to go long. Travathan can handle Miller.

BroncoJoe
12-18-2015, 04:40 PM
I have faith in Wade. We'll shut the Steelers down.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-18-2015, 06:41 PM

Bolden didn't practice either. We're going to see a lot of Bruton and Webster.

underrated29
12-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Have to jam WR and bump them off routes a little so they do not speed straight passed CBs. Bruton will most likely play deep and cover any WR looking to go long. Travathan can handle Miller.

Absolutely.
Id like to see webster at saftey. I think hed make a great Saftey. So if Trev cannot handle miller Webby can come down and lay the boom which we know he can or man up in coverage.