PDA

View Full Version : Broncos work out 11 players, including RBs Daniel Thomas, Trent Richardson

Denver Native (Carol)
12-15-2015, 05:37 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos' weekly tryouts in advance of the end of the regular season continued with 11 players working out at the UCHealth Training Center, a group headlined by 2012 first-round pick Trent Richardson and former Dolphins running back Daniel Thomas.

Richardson and Thomas worked out as the Broncos continue evaluating players for potential addition to the offseason roster, which has a 90-man limit.

Richardson, who gained 2,944 yards from scrimmage in his three seasons with the Browns and Colts, last played for the Raiders, with whom he spent this year's preseason before being waived.

Thomas played 52 games for the Dolphins from 2011-14, gaining 1,892 yards from scrimmage and scoring 13 touchdowns. He was on the Bears' preseason roster this summer.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-work-out-11-players-including-RBs-Daniel-Thomas-Trent-Richardson/1de585b8-1c46-402d-8f63-b4ce64c50cb2

Simple Jaded
12-15-2015, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing what Richardson looks like in the Broncos ZBS, if only they could block my mom.

Cut Caldwell and let Moore return punts.

Boom.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing what Richardson looks like in the Broncos ZBS, if only they could block my mom.

Not sure why, but similar to Johnny Football, I'd like to see Richardson make something of himself.

BroncoWave
12-15-2015, 06:12 PM
According to Vic, these are just tryouts for offseason future contracts. None of these guys are being worked out to play this season.

Simple Jaded
12-15-2015, 06:17 PM
They should five Kasa a shot next year, he's the only TE they haven't had on the roster at one point this season.

Simple Jaded
12-15-2015, 06:20 PM
According to Vic, these are just tryouts for offseason future contracts. None of these guys are being worked out to play this season.

No OL, clearly they're just not interested in what's out there for this season if they're not even looking at them for offseason looks.

BroncoWave
12-15-2015, 06:22 PM
No OL, clearly they're just not interested in what's out there for this season if they're not even looking at them for offseason looks.

Anyone who is still out there probably isn't any better than what we already have. I'd imagine that is something they plan on addressing in free agency this offseason once competent players become available.

LawDog
12-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Patriots signed Montee Ball to their practice squad today. Wonder if that is simply to make him unavailable to us, or are they seriously looking for some PS depth? Not that I am suggesting we bring him back...

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 06:30 PM
Anyone who is still out there probably isn't any better than what we already have. I'd imagine that is something they plan on addressing in free agency this offseason once competent players become available.

I don't doubt we look at OL this offseason and draft. BUT, we have two pretty damn good OLmen on IR right now.

Cugel
12-15-2015, 08:38 PM

Not any worth-while OL just sitting on their couches at this point in the season. Just think how many teams are struggling on their OL. Anybody worth bothering about is already on some roster.

Cugel
12-15-2015, 08:45 PM
I don't doubt we look at OL this offseason and draft. BUT, we have two pretty damn good OLmen on IR right now.

Do you mean Ty Sambrailo, whom Football Outsiders rated as one of the worst LTs in football (not entirely his fault because he's a rookie), but still has shown ZERO signs of being "pretty damn good"?

Or Ryan Clady, the LT who used to be good back in 2012 but has done exactly nothing good since then? In 2013 he injured his knee and missed the entire season. In 2014 he played like a shell of his former self and in 2015 - again tore up his knee in a non-contact drill in the pre-season and missed the entire year.

I assume that Elway being absurdly in love with all his draft picks will keep Schofield and Sambrailo and Matt Paradis in the hopes they might grow into good players some day.

But there is just no way that Ryan Clady is worth $10 M. Maybe they cut his salary to around $4 M and let him see if he can still play without having some more knee surgery.

But, at this point his career trajectory reminds me more of Terell Davis than anybody. He kept trying to come back from his knee surgeries -- in 2000 & 2001. Or Courtney Brown.

So, to sum up: they need a RT because Schofield sucks, a RG to replace Vasquez, and a backup LG in case Max Garcia gets hurt, plus another LT in case Clady gets hurt again, or if Sambrailo sucks, as well as another backup T to rotate in and possibly start for either Clady if he can't play, or at RT.

Simple Jaded
12-15-2015, 10:31 PM
Not any worth-while OL just sitting on their couches at this point in the season. Just think how many teams are struggling on their OL. Anybody worth bothering about is already on some roster.

LaAdrian Waddle was cut by the Lions, I'd put him ahead of Polumbus from Day 1, not a perfect fit but has starter ability at RT.

Todd Herrimanns was cut too.

Buff
12-15-2015, 10:36 PM
I would rather sign Tatum Bell than Richardson. He is legitimately terrible. Then again - he's probably no worse than Juwan Thompson if you remove his 1st rounder expectations.

NightTerror218
12-15-2015, 11:10 PM
Patriots signed Montee Ball to their practice squad today. Wonder if that is simply to make him unavailable to us, or are they seriously looking for some PS depth? Not that I am suggesting we bring him back...

It's only PS, we can still sign him.

LawDog
12-16-2015, 01:57 PM
It's only PS, we can still sign him.

They could still thwart us by signing him to the 53 if we were to make an offer to him. Teams have that option if another team wants to sign a PS guy. Pretty deep in the weeds for this kind of thing, but with Belicheat you never know.

I Eat Staples
12-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Not sure why, but similar to Johnny Football, I'd like to see Richardson make something of himself.

Richardson has had lots of chances though. He's really, really bad. At least with Manziel the sample size is still very small.

Cugel
12-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Richardson has had lots of chances though. He's really, really bad. At least with Manziel the sample size is still very small.

Richardson just sucks. Manzel has off-field problems which hinder his development. Neither will ever come here.

Simple Jaded
12-19-2015, 12:12 AM
Thomas Jones "just sucked" his way out of Zona, Garrison Hearst too, the NFL is full of stories like that.