PDA

View Full Version : BTV Live: Coach Kubiak

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Watch Live as Coach Kubiak addresses the media the day after a 15-12 loss to the Raiders in Week 14

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Coach-Kubiak/37231c51-eef0-4dc5-bd91-4ff7dcfc8230

Has not started yet

tomjonesrocks
12-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Doesn't seem like I can get it working on mobile. Just getting "NFL metrics" and that's it.

I hope there's some real information about specific things that will be done and not coach speak.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2015, 03:16 PM
Just started

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2015, 03:19 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m

Kubiak says re: who's starting at QB Sunday that nothing has changed until he sits down with Manning and finds out where he's at.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m

Kubiak: "I don't mind frustrations at all as a coach because we work hard on what we do."

Kubiak says he isn't worried about locker-room fissures re: offense/defense. "Frustration is a part of football," he says.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m

Kubiak: "We'll see where we're at today, and kind of take it a day at a time" re the QBs.

Kubiak said he has not met with the QBs yet. No decision yet. Says he has to see where Manning is after his rehab work.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2015, 03:28 PM

DeMarcus Ware "came out clean" from the game ... Kubiak hopes to have him play more in Pittsburgh.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 52s

Kubiak: Hillman and Thompson "played well ... took care of their business" ... hopes Anderson is "back at full strength this week."

Kubiak said Osweiler needs to learn to move forward in the pocket instead of drifting from side to side; that can help prevent some sacks.
0 retweets 0 likes
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Red-zone offense: "I don't think we had a positive run in the red zone yesterday." Cites missed pass, dropped pass as well.

Kubiak thinks Darian Stewart will be "okay" after injuring his hamstring ... will be "day-to-day" this week.

Kubiak thinks T.J. Ward will be "close" to returning this week ... "day-to-day."

Kubiak says the next step is Manning coming back to practice, before deciding whether he might play or not.

Kubiak: "I feel very confident in Michael (Schofield)." Says he's been playing on a hurt ankle for a couple of weeks, that he's growing.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 7m

Mathis playing time was limited due to ankle issue... Still struggling with it.. #Broncos

VonDoom
12-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Kubiak: "I feel very confident in Michael (Schofield)." Says he's been playing on a hurt ankle for a couple of weeks, that he's growing.

That makes one of us

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2015, 03:48 PM
That makes one of us

Let's hope his ankle heels quick. There are not any future HOF OLs just sitting idle waiting for their phone to ring

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m

Andrew Mason Retweeted KenB

A lot of it is beyond blame. I don't think we're having this discussion if Clady's at LT & Sambrailo settled at RT.

KenB
‏@sheared

@MaseDenver Who is to blame for this line? Poor judgement by coaches during preseason, or management giving them nothing to work with?

Andrew Mason Retweeted jbird-7

Can't get caught in overpaying when you have a salary cap.

jbird-7
‏@jbird_15

@MaseDenver @sheared or Franklin at LG

tomjonesrocks
12-14-2015, 05:51 PM
That makes one of us

Almost reminds me of Shanny backing Slowik.

Would have felt a lot better if he gave an answer that made sense.

Cugel
12-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Kubiak: "We'll see where we're at today, and kind of take it a day at a time" re the QBs.

That is some coach-speak B.S. designed to make the Steelers waste some time preparing for the possibility that they will be facing Peyton Manning. Of course the Steelers won't be fooled at all by that nonsense. They know Peyton isn't healthy enough right now to start, and they couldn't possibly just throw him in and start him cold after a month off, without even a week of full practices.

If he's going to start against the Bengals, you'll see him taking reps with the #1s all next week.

Cugel
12-14-2015, 08:41 PM
Almost reminds me of Shanny backing Slowik.

Would have felt a lot better if he gave an answer that made sense.

Reminds me of Belichick. I think coaches just can't help talking total B.S. when it comes to injuries. It seems to be something they learn from other coaches, and just never are able to say anything that makes sense when it comes to injuries.

"We're describing it as a 'lower-body' injury" - when everybody watching TV replay saw a guy break his leg.