PDA

View Full Version : Time to Bring Manning Back. Bench Osweiler!

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Unacceptable performance by Brock.
5 sacks. safety. fumble. 0 touchdowns against the lowly raiders.

We can't have an inexperienced QB laying eggs like that going forward, especially in the playoffs.

The Brock Osweiler Experiment is over.

CrazyHorse
12-13-2015, 07:39 PM

We can't have an inexperienced QB laying eggs like that going forward, especially in the playoffs.

Is he healthy enough yet and comfortable enough to play in this offense? I want the Manning that played in the Green Bay game or first half of last year. Not the one that showed up against the Chiefs.

BroncoWave
12-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Mack would have sacked Manning 10 times today.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 07:42 PM

Except he didn't. Osweiler was sacked 5 times and 0 touchdowns against the lowly Raiders.

Chidoze
12-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Time to get a legit offensive line

CrazyHorse
12-13-2015, 07:43 PM

No Manning would have either thrown a forced interception or fell to a fetal position.

DenBronx
12-13-2015, 07:43 PM

Nah...he held the ball wayyy too long. At least be honest.

BroncoWave
12-13-2015, 07:44 PM

I'm not denying that, but Manning would have straight up goat-fainted before he had a chance to hold onto the ball for too long.

DenBronx
12-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Time to get a legit offensive line

Makes that Joe Thomas trade even more important.

Time to get a legit HC.

DenBronx
12-13-2015, 07:45 PM

I'm not denying that, but Manning would have straight up goat-fainted before he had a chance to hold onto the ball for too long.

Manning would have actually thrown TDs though. No way Manning misses wide open WRs in the endzone like that.

BroncoWave
12-13-2015, 07:46 PM
Manning would have actually thrown TDs though.

Yeah to Oakland maybe.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 07:48 PM
Lol the Joe Thomas trade again...

We aren't winning the Superbowl, with or without Joe Thomas. You don't mortgage your future for "win now" trades in the NFL. It never, ever works, and it rarely ever happens in the first place.

gregbroncs
12-13-2015, 07:51 PM
If not more.

Dapper Dan
12-13-2015, 07:53 PM
And so it begins..

gregbroncs
12-13-2015, 07:54 PM
FWIW it is not time to go back to Manning even if he was healthy. Brock had a bad game but I'm pretty sure Manning would have been just as bad if not worse with the way Oakland dominated our O-line today.

tomjonesrocks
12-13-2015, 07:55 PM

Brock looked terrible in the pocket - he doesn't move around well or step forward to avoid the rush.

Also for a guy his size he certainly doesn't do a Big Ben or Luck impression back there. Schofield got beat like a rented mule but Brock I wasn't impressed with either from an improvisation standpoint.

He's been taking boatloads of sacks since he's been playing - some of that is on him.

BroncoWave
12-13-2015, 07:56 PM
FWIW it is not time to go back to Manning even if he was healthy. Brock had a bad game but I'm pretty sure Manning would have been just as bad if not worse with the way Oakland dominated our O-line today.

It would have been ugly. We wouldn't have gotten to 12 points even with Manning today IMO.

BroncoWave
12-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Brock looked terrible in the pocket - he doesn't move around well or step forward to avoid the rush. Also for a guy his size he certainly doesn't do a Big Ben or Luck impression back there.

Schofield got beat like a rented mule but Brock I wasn't impressed with either from an improvisation standpoint.

Woah dude, that is an insult to rented mules!

WJK
12-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Experiment? Give me a gd break.

Dzone
12-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Its a non issue if Manning is not pronounced healthy. If Manning is deemed healthy enough to play, then its a QB controversy. Let the conspiracy theories begin . lol

Northman
12-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Manning would have actually thrown TDs though. No way Manning misses wide open WRs in the endzone like that.

Not with receivers dropping passes.

Nomad
12-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Brock looked terrible in the pocket - he doesn't move around well or step forward to avoid the rush.

Also for a guy his size he certainly doesn't do a Big Ben or Luck impression back there. Schofield got beat like a rented mule but Brock I wasn't impressed with either from an improvisation standpoint.

He's been taking boatloads of sacks since he's been playing - some of that is on him.

Raiders did a good job of covering receivers. You can't have it both ways. Brock could force it with turnovers, or take the sack.

Playbook needs to be more than the short passing game. I dont recall seeing one bootleg this game. Oz has his mistakes.

BronColt
12-13-2015, 08:25 PM
This was all part of the plan. Manning has been PLAYING POSSUM for the last month.

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2015, 08:28 PM
If Manning was the qb it would have been 7-6 raiders at halftime do to an interception returned for td. You Guys are smarter than that.

Dapper Dan
12-13-2015, 08:29 PM
If Manning was the qb it would have been 7-6 raiders at halftime do to an interception returned for td. You Guys are smarter than that.

Don't you tell me how smart I am!

Dzone
12-13-2015, 08:31 PM
This was all part of the plan. Manning has been PLAYING POSSUM for the last month.

plantar fascitis is an easy injury to fake. Mannings glorious comeback has been orchestrated by the NFL to increase ratings.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 08:32 PM

Brock Fanbois manta: "Manning would have been worse!"
"It's the offensive line's fault"
"It's Joe Thomas' fault!"
"The coaching staff is containing Brock with the playbook!"
"Everyone's fault but Brock"

Dapper Dan
12-13-2015, 08:39 PM
"Everyone's fault but Brock"

Don't be dumb.

It was the Blue jerseys fault.

Dzone
12-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Yes, its time to shit can the all blue unis after this disaster . We would have won if we had stayed with orange

Shazam!
12-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Oh Lord.

Cugel
12-13-2015, 08:48 PM

Well, that didn't take long!

I've been one of Manning's biggest defenders, but I honestly don't see how Manning can be successful with this putrid OL. I'd say they have no choice but to keep Osweiler in for the next 2 games. The Broncos will still be 10-5 going into the last game of the season. Win at home against the woeful Chargers and they still get at least a wild-card, and possibly the division title, depending on the tie-breakers (which are not in their favor right now after losing 2 division games).

And frankly, I doubt that a home-field advantage in the playoffs means anything to this team anyway. They have a better road record than home record (6-1 on the road vs. 4-2 at home).

They have now given up 33 sacks this season, 15 by Manning, and 18 by Osweiler in 4 games.

How stupid and blindly ignorant does the decision of John Elway not to do the deal for Joe Thomas look now?

Mack simply pushed Denver's Ts right into the QB. They kept extra blockers in to max protect. It didn't help. He ran over Ryan Harris and Schofield like they were speed bumps.

Under these circumstances they might as well keep Osweiler in there for a couple of more weeks. Denver's chances of beating the Steelers or Bengals isn't red hot at this point, no matter who the QB is, not after losing to the lowly Raiders on a day when the defence gave up 13 points.

But, teams have turned it around in the playoffs before. Three of the last 6 SB winners were 10-6 and the #6 seed Packers, 9-7 Giants and 10-6 #6 seed Ravens. All of them essentially backed into the playoffs. Nobody would have predicted anything but one-and-done in the playoffs.

That is Denver's only hope right now. Get Manning completely healthy, and then see if he can win a game with this pathetic OL in the playoffs.

broncofaninfla
12-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Our offensive line is putrid. Add the drops by the receivers, Brock didn't stand a chance. Manning would have absolutely sacked far more than Brock. Ugly game. DT has been awful since signing the big contract, Vernon Davis is playing like he is still a Niner and our offensive line is among the league worst. Not fun to watch at all.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 08:56 PM
I like how the Tebow fanboi wants Osweiler benched when he's literally never looked nearly as bad as Tebow himself.

Dis season, even when they lose to the Gaiders I get some satisfaction.

silkamilkamonico
I have to laugh at the notion that someone actually thinks Manning will be healthy again.

tomjonesrocks
Raiders did a good job of covering receivers. You can't have it both ways. Brock could force it with turnovers, or take the sack. Playbook needs to be more than the short passing game. I dont recall seeing one bootleg this game. Oz has his mistakes.

What I mean is - Big Ben - or even a Russell Wilson or Mariota - they move left, right, and forward in the pocket when things come apart.

Os seems to have none of that lateral or forward foutwork. He just got quickly swallowed up. At his size I'd at least like defenders to have a bit of trouble bringing him down.

tripp
12-13-2015, 09:01 PM
I think you've gotta roll with Brock next week. Then make your decision from there.

Cugel
12-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Our offensive line is putrid. Add the drops by the receivers, Brock didn't stand a chance. Manning would have absolutely sacked far more than Brock. Ugly game. DT has been awful since signing the big contract, Vernon Davis is playing like he is still a Niner and our offensive line is among the league worst. Not fun to watch at all.

I have no idea whether Petyon could win a game if they put him back in the shot-gun and let him run his offense. But, clearly this Kubiak offense is a miserable failure - not because it can't work but because the OL can't block a sun-beam. Teams have figured out that Denver still can't run the ball unless they use the bootleg or toss and they are playing that. Suddenly those running lanes are closed shut. Well, if the stretch play isn't working, and they can't run the ball anyway, they might as well use Manning.

But, sure as hell not for 3 regular season games. He'd never last until the playoffs without being re-injured.

If they play as horribly against a red-hot Steelers team that just crushed the Bengals on the road, as they did today, they'll probably lose by 20 points.

So, let Brock absorb the punishment the next 2 weeks. Keep Manning fresh for maybe the Chargers game which they should win.

Then see if Manning can win on the road in the Playoffs. At 11-5 Denver might be the #5 seed which would mean a road playoff game against the Colts or Texans.

If the OL somehow plays better against the Steelers or Bengals and they actually win, then they can assess whether they want to go into the playoffs with Brock or Peyton.

I don't blame Brock for this loss, this is squarely on the OL and the WRs. But, if Brock is not going to play any better than Manning did (before his injury) then they might as well go with the experienced QB.

Cugel
12-13-2015, 09:09 PM
I have to laugh at the notion that someone actually thinks Manning will be healthy again.

You might be right, but he's sure going to get a close look over the next 3 weeks.

He's just beginning his rehab workouts this week after several weeks with his foot in a cast. By the Chargers game he will have had 7 weeks to heal. He could very well be completely healthy by then. We can't know until they try.

He certainly won't be ready by the Steelers game, thus the earliest he could possibly return would be against the Bengals. More likely the Chargers game.

spikerman
12-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Either Osweiler or the coaches are afraid to stretch the defense. If it's Osweiler, well, maybe he's not the guy. If it's the coaches, I'm available at a lot cheaper rate and I can throw the ball 5 yards too.

Cugel
12-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Either Osweiler or the coaches are afraid to stretch the defense. If it's Osweiler, well, maybe he's not the guy. If it's the coaches, I'm available at a lot cheaper rate and I can throw the ball 5 yards too.

It isn't fear. Osweiler isn't afraid. It's TIME. He doesn't have TIME to stretch the defense, because as soon as he executes his 3 or 5 step drop and tries to set up, the defenders are right on top of him. Sack.

Throwing downfield takes some time. The OL isn't giving him any time.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:15 PM
What I mean is - Big Ben - or even a Russell Wilson or Mariota - they move left, right, and forward in the pocket when things come apart.

Os seems to have none of that lateral or forward foutwork. He just got quickly swallowed up. At his size I'd at least like defenders to have a bit of trouble bringing him down.

You would have figured he had four years to work on footwork.
Well he's a Slow Giant. Like I said before he needs to add size (6-8 275 lbs) so that people just bounce off him and have trouble bringing him down on the intiail contact (a la Big Ben) because he isn't going to beat people with his scrambling ability.

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2015, 09:15 PM
You might be right, but he's sure going to get a close look over the next 3 weeks.

He's just beginning his rehab workouts this week after several weeks with his foot in a cast. By the Chargers game he will have had 7 weeks to heal. He could very well be completely healthy by then. We can't know until they try.

He certainly won't be ready by the Steelers game, thus the earliest he could possibly return would be against the Bengals. More likely the Chargers game.

If manning gets another look it's because coaches are playing musical chairs at the QB position. Everyone who's been paying attention all year is smart enough to know they honestly can't think bringing Manning in is going to make the offense competent.

spikerman
12-13-2015, 09:19 PM
If manning gets another look it's because coaches are playing musical chairs at the QB position. Everyone who's been paying attention all year is smart enough to know they honestly can't think bringing Manning in is going to make the offense competent.

It can't be worse than today.

As I was watching the game, I was asking myself if any of these guys had played offensive football before.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:20 PM
I have no idea whether Petyon could win a game if they put him back in the shot-gun and let him run his offense. But, clearly this Kubiak offense is a miserable failure - not because it can't work but because the OL can't block a sun-beam. .

The whole point in getting rid of Fox was to improve on "Not too Shabby". But the offense seems much worse under ZBS. Why tinker with the shotgun no huddle that was working for Manning (and which he basically ran his whole career).

I think when he comes back you just roll with the no huddle shot gun and give Peyton his last ride.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 09:22 PM
It isn't fear. Osweiler isn't afraid. It's TIME. He doesn't have TIME to stretch the defense, because as soon as he executes his 3 or 5 step drop and tries to set up, the defenders are right on top of him. Sack.

Throwing downfield takes some time. The OL isn't giving him any time.

He had time to overthrow Sanders by 5 yards when he was wide open. He had time to sail the ball out of the back of the endzone when Virgil Green was wide open. He had time to hold the ball for ages in the 2nd half, taking sacks or throwing check downs.

Yeah, our line sucks, and Khalil Mack abused garbage Schofield. But Brock holds the ball way too long, and didn't play well today at all.

TimHippo

If you've been paying attention, Osweiler just lost to the 5-7 Raiders at Mile High. It doesn't get any worse than that.

UnderArmour
This thread is ridiculous. Khalil Mack had a career day and Schofield didn't rise to the occasion. This team needs two starting tackles in the offseason, but for now the coaches have to do a better job of scheming when facing these types of pass rushers.

tripp
12-13-2015, 09:24 PM
It's funny how the Patriots have no one on their O-line back from the SB last year, and yet are holding off JJ Watt, and Clowney. Hmmmm.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:25 PM
This thread is ridiculous. Khalil Mack had a career day and Schofield didn't rise to the occasion. This team needs two starting tackles in the offseason, but for now the coaches have to do a better job of scheming when facing these types of pass rushers.

More excuses. But when Manning lays an egg it's all his fault.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 09:25 PM
I think when he comes back you just roll with the no huddle shot gun and give Peyton his last ride.

I'm ok with that too, but Osweiler hasn't done anything to lose the job, he's playing well and is 3-1.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm ok with that too, but Osweiler hasn't done anything to lose the job, he's playing well and is 3-1.

He never earned the starting job. He basically is just a place holder because Manning was injured.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 09:28 PM
But Brock holds the ball way too long, and didn't play well today at all.

This is point getting overstated and overused, seriously, most of the sacks he's taking the OL is getting beat cleanly.

UnderArmour
12-13-2015, 09:29 PM
More excuses. But when Manning lays an egg it's all his fault.

Manning turns the football over. Numbers don't lie.

Cugel
12-13-2015, 09:30 PM
This game was a complete Kalil Mack hightlight reel: Here's the low-lights (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000600872/Khalil-Mack-player-highlights). Notice Schofield and Ryan Harris simply getting run over.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 09:30 PM
He never earned the starting job. He basically is just a place holder because Manning was injured.

Omg, omg, omg.

Oh this season just keeps giving, and giving, and giving. I'm almost embarrassed by how much fun this has been.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 09:32 PM
It's funny how the Patriots have no one on their O-line back from the SB last year, and yet are holding off JJ Watt, and Clowney. Hmmmm.

This is where I'm getting at this point, I sincerely believe coaching has played a huge role and hope John Benton is hired in the offseason.

Cugel
12-13-2015, 09:32 PM

He didn't play well at all today. Overthrows a wide open receiver in the end zone for a sure TD that would have won the game.

The sacks might not have been his fault, or the drops, but he threw some bad passes where the receiver was open. Just a bad day offensively all around.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Omg, omg, omg.

Oh this season just keeps giving, and giving, and giving. I'm almost embarrassed by how much fun this has been.

Manning will be back starting. You just wait and see.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:34 PM
This is where I'm getting at this point, I sincerely believe coaching has played a huge role and hope John Benton is hired in the offseason.

Could be the QB.

Cugel
12-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Looks like this might have been a bit premature:
"The age of Manning is over! The time of the Brock has come!"

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2015, 09:38 PM

As I was watching the game, I was asking myself if any of these guys had played offensive football before.

You really don't think so?

I was at the game and I can think of about 6 plays off the top of my head than Osweiler made, that Manning either would have been sacked on or did his fainting goat impression. 2 of them in the last 2 drives of the game.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Looks like this might have been a bit premature:
"The age of Manning is over! The time of the Brock has come!"

I think we still bring in Drew Brees or trade for Matt Stafford next year. Brock didn't help himself today in terms of being a game manger capable of beating the lowly Raiders. Gonna be hard to give someone like that a big contract.

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2015, 09:40 PM
If you've been paying attention, Osweiler just lost to the 5-7 Raiders at Mile High. It doesn't get any worse than that.

Yes it can. Just watch old games of Peyton Manning trying to play QB in 2015, and losing to the 6-7 Colts and the Kansas City Chiefs at Mile High.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Yes it can. Just watch old games of Peyton Manning trying to play QB in 2015, and losing to the 6-7 Colts and the Kansas City Chiefs at Mile High.

LOL, the Raiders are much worse than the Colts and KC Chiefs. It's embarrassing losing to the Raiders.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Manning will be back starting. You just wait and see.

I'm fine with that homie, seriously, I like Manning too.

Btw, be reasonable with Osweiler, he's just a rookie.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 09:49 PM
I think we still bring in Drew Brees or trade for Matt Stafford next year. Brock didn't help himself today in terms of being a game manger capable of beating the lowly Raiders. Gonna be hard to give someone like that a big contract.

You gotta see what you got in Osweiler.

The team plays hard for Osweiler, look how he's inspired this defense to be the best in the league.

NightTerror218
12-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Expecting Oz to play like a pro bowl QB after 4 games is ridiculous......speaking to you Hippo. He is no Manning and no Elway, he is a brand new inexperienced QB.

He is playing fairly safe and mistake free. He is not taking chances and turning the ball over. He has been making plays though. We are on the learning curve for a young QB. Teams are trying to confuse him a D force him I to mistakes like a rookie QB and he has not fallen for it.

We're you one of the fans calling for Elways head during his rookie year as well. Because a lot of fans thought he was not the answer too at first.

GEM
12-13-2015, 09:53 PM

Oz didn't lose that game. Schofield and DT played the biggest part in that.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 09:54 PM
LOL, the Raiders are much worse than the Colts and KC Chiefs. It's embarrassing losing to the Raiders.

The Raiders are not worse than the Colts. The Colts are garbage and were extremely lucky in most of their wins.

This is point getting overstated and overused, seriously, most of the sacks he's taking the OL is getting beat cleanly.

I would even agree with you that most of the sacks are on the O-line. But he still does hold the ball too long, and I think that's a very bad quality in a QB. It's the reason Joe Flacco looks horrible sometimes and great others. QBs that hold the ball too long need their O-line to be amazing, and that's not realistic for most teams, especially ours.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Expecting Oz to play like a pro bowl QB after 4 games is ridiculous......speaking to you Hippo. He is no Manning and no Elway, he is a brand new inexperienced QB.

He is playing fairly safe and mistake free. He is not taking chances and turning the ball over. He has been making plays though. We are on the learning curve for a young QB. Teams are trying to confuse him a D force him I to mistakes like a rookie QB and he has not fallen for it.

We're you one of the fans calling for Elways head during his rookie year as well. Because a lot of fans thought he was not the answer too at first.

Elway was the number one overall pick. Had all the goods. Could have played for the Yankees. Broncos traded a fortune to get him.

Osweiler is a low. 2nd round reach. Jury's still out on him.
There's really little comparison between the two.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:00 PM
The Raiders are not worse than the Colts. The Colts are garbage and were extremely lucky in most of their wins.

I would even agree with you that most of the sacks are on the O-line. But he still does hold the ball too long, and I think that's a very bad quality in a QB. It's the reason Joe Flacco looks horrible sometimes and great others. QBs that hold the ball too long need their O-line to be amazing, and that's not realistic for most teams, especially ours.

Flacco is also extremely tall. Might have to do with height.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Flacco is also extremely tall. Might have to do with height.

I've always thought Brock's ceiling was Flacco, and that just doesn't excite me at all.

Dzone
12-13-2015, 10:09 PM
For being so tall, Osweiller sure gets a lot of passes tipped at the line. Whats up with that

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:09 PM
I've always thought Brock's ceiling was Flacco, and that just doesn't excite me at all.

I think Elway will wine and dine Drew Bree's next year. Brees cap number in New Orleans is a whopping 27 mill next year so saints are likely to cut him in 16. That's the opportunity for Elway.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:11 PM
For being so tall, Osweiller sure gets a lot of passes tipped at the line. Whats up with that

You know that's the one thing I thought wouldn't happen being 6-8. That's supposed to happen to 5-10 Doug flute types. What use is your height if you have such a low release point?

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 10:12 PM
I think Elway will wine and dine Drew Bree's next year. Brees cap number in New Orleans is a whopping 27 mill next year so saints are likely to cut him in 16. That's the opportunity for Elway.

I would hate that. I'd rather give Brock an opportunity to show if he can be the guy or not. I don't want an old veteran.

If Brock can't be the guy, I would love to tank and get Deshaun Watson. That would be my dream, but it won't happen. I think Watson is going to be phenomenal.

sneakers
12-13-2015, 10:13 PM
how about keeping a tight end in to block?

GEM
12-13-2015, 10:14 PM
Just say no to Brees.

gregbroncs
12-13-2015, 10:15 PM
"Everyone's fault but Brock"Coming from you that is hilarious. Because you used everyone of those excuses in your defense of Manning. Manning has been worse than Brock was today for most of the season. One bad game for Brock and all the sudden the guy who played worse on numerous occasions in the answer. Guess what Brock didn't do today that Manning didn't do all season? Give up? He Didn't throw the ball to the wrong ******* team.

NightTerror218
12-13-2015, 10:17 PM
Elway was the number one overall pick. Had all the goods. Could have played for the Yankees. Broncos traded a fortune to get him.

Osweiler is a low. 2nd round reach. Jury's still out on him.
There's really little comparison between the two.

The comparison is giving up early and not giving them a shot.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:18 PM
I would hate that. I'd rather give Brock an opportunity to show if he can be the guy or not. I don't want an old veteran.

If Brock can't be the guy, I would love to tank and get Deshaun Watson. That would be my dream, but it won't happen. I think Watson is going to be phenomenal.

I don't know about deshaun. Might be a system guy for Dabo. He's not that big at 6-2 210 and rather slow range is 4.64-4.84 40 speed. If it's a slower guy I'd rather they be Winston size for the NFL.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:20 PM
Just say no to Brees.

Why? You can sign him for a reasonable amount once the Saints cut him. Then you are an instant super bowl contender with the defense and receivers for the next 3 years while exciting the fan base.

gregbroncs
12-13-2015, 10:20 PM

As I was watching the game, I was asking myself if any of these guys had played offensive football before.It was worse than today in multiple games with Manning as the QB.

gregbroncs
12-13-2015, 10:23 PM
If you've been paying attention, Osweiler just lost to the 5-7 Raiders at Mile High. It doesn't get any worse than that.The Broncos lost. Not just Os.

gregbroncs
12-13-2015, 10:24 PM
More excuses. But when Manning lays an egg it's all his fault.Literally nobody Except maybe that Yash Joker said that.

Dzone
12-13-2015, 10:25 PM
That play where ryan harris got destroyed is an all time blooper reel funny. Looked like a brahma bull running over a rodeo clown

LawDog
12-13-2015, 10:25 PM
The only thing more moronic than this thread and its premise is the fact that I clicked on it and read through it.

Dzone
12-13-2015, 10:31 PM
The only thing more moronic than this thread and its premise is the fact that I clicked on it and read through it.

No, its more moronic that you posted in a thread you have deemed moronic

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 10:31 PM

High five exact for Watson, Brees would be a consolation/plan C-F type of move.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:32 PM

Stop attacking people with the personal attacks dog.

I Eat Staples
I don't know about deshaun. Might be a system guy for Dabo. He's not that big at 6-2 210 and rather slow range is 4.64-4.84 40 speed. If it's a slower guy I'd rather they be Winston size for the NFL.

Watson is sneaky fast, he has great acceleration. He also throws a beautiful deep ball.

And that system is what most college teams run. The only good QB prospect that plays in a "pro style" (translation: old school) offense is Connor Cook. It's about time the NFL evolved, college already has.

LawDog
No, its more moronic that you posted in a thread you have deemed moronic

That too. Make it stop.

Nomad
12-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Snow game against the Patriots was awesome.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 10:35 PM

WhhhhhhhaaaaaaaAAAAAAAT?

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 10:37 PM
WhhhhhhhaaaaaaaAAAAAAAT?

Which part do you take exception to?

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Watson is sneaky fast, he has great acceleration. He also throws a beautiful deep ball.

And that system is what most college teams run. The only good QB prospect that plays in a "pro style" (translation: old school) offense is Connor Cook. It's about time the NFL evolved, college already has.

Cook, Hogan, Hackenberg, Wentz.

Pro style isn't going anywhere, Holmes, might wanna get over it. Its actually making a comeback in college.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Which part do you take exception to?

That Flacco isn't good enough for the Denver Broncos, Weapons grade stupidity.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Cook, Hogan, Hackenberg, Wentz.

Pro style isn't going any, Holmes, might wanna get over it.

Hackenberg is horrible. Someone is going to use a 1st round pick on him and get Jimmy Clausen or Blaine Gabbert. Hogan is interesting, but I think he's just Alex Smith with a stronger arm. I've never watched Wentz but I have to check him out, people are saying he'll be one of the top 3 QBs taken.

I'm also not a fan of Cook, I think he could be solid but not a star. I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a player unless I think he can be a superstar.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:41 PM

You shouldn't call Stapes stupid. He may have a weapon.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 10:42 PM

I think Flacco is mediocre and insanely overrated. What has he done other than their recent Superbowl run where their line was phenomenal and a LOT of things (one in particular...) luckily fell into place for them.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:43 PM
Hackenberg is horrible. Someone is going to use a 1st round pick on him and get Jimmy Clausen or Blaine Gabbert. Hogan is interesting, but I think he's just Alex Smith with a stronger arm. I've never watched Wentz but I have to check him out, people are saying he'll be one of the top 3 QBs taken.

I'm also not a fan of Cook, I think he could be solid but not a star. I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a player unless I think he can be a superstar.

Hogan seems injury prone and has alot of mileage on his body.
also a 4.76-4.96 guy so super slow for the NFL even though he ran alot at Stanford.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 10:44 PM

Not my point, I'm saying the pro style QB isn't going away.

And how is a spread QB a surefire superstar but a Connor Cook isn't? The smart money is clearly on the pro style player.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 10:44 PM
also a 4.76-4.96 guy so super slow for the NFL even though he ran alot at Stanford.

He's not a top prospect anyway. He'll be drafted, and rightfully so, but I doubt he's seen as franchise QB material.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 10:45 PM

Shut the front door, Hippo.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 10:48 PM
Shut the front door, Hippo.

Hogan's no good. Keller Chryst is the real deal.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 10:48 PM

And how is a spread QB a surefire superstar but a Connor Cook isn't? The smart money is clearly on the pro style player.

There are plenty of spread QBs who are far from superstars. Kessler is okay but basically is the spread version of Hogan, and my opinion of Goff is similar to my opinion of Cook. I do like Paxton Lynch though.

I just think Watson has all of the tools to be a star. Very good mobility, accurate, throws a great deep ball, makes great pre-snap reads. And I could go on and on about why having a mobile QB and running zone reads is infinitely better than running any "pro style" offense. If you don't have a running threat at QB, you're playing 10-on-11 every time you run the ball. Why limit yourself?

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 10:50 PM
I think Flacco is mediocre and insanely overrated. What has he done other than their recent Superbowl run where their line was phenomenal and a LOT of things (one in particular...) luckily fell into place for them.

But Watson is a star? "sneaky fast" and "throws a great deep ball"? Your scouting report on Watson sounds like Flacco, but hey, Watson has the advantage of playing in a spread. . .I. . .guess.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 10:52 PM
There are plenty of spread QBs who are far from superstars. Kessler is okay but basically is the spread version of Hogan, and my opinion of Goff is similar to my opinion of Cook. I do like Paxton Lynch though.

I just think Watson has all of the tools to be a star. Very good mobility, accurate, throws a great deep ball, makes great pre-snap reads. And I could go on and on about why having a mobile QB and running zone reads is infinitely better than running any "pro style" offense. If you don't have a running threat at QB, you're playing 10-on-11 every time you run the ball. Why limit yourself?

His pre snap reads were determined on Tuesday in the coaches room, gimme a break, he's getting audibles from the sideline. He reads half the field or less, spread offense hinder Pro development, it's a fact.

Btw, you limit yourself because the Panthers aren't paying Icon $20 MM to run zone read, it's a gimmick, he's an MVP because he's actually playing QB from the pocket. Almost like a Pro Style QB, one might say.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 11:00 PM
But Watson is a star? "sneaky fast" and "throws a great deep ball"? Your scouting report on Watson sounds like Flacco, but hey, Watson has the advantage of playing in a spread. . .I. . .guess.

Obviously it's different when we're making projections about prospects, when we're evaluating veteran QBs we have actual results. If years into his career Watson looks like Flacco, I won't be calling him a star.

Really, calling him sneaky fast was an understatement. TimHippo is the first person I've seen call Watson slow. He's just fast, and his acceleration is surprising because of how quickly he can turn it on. Flacco is nowhere near the runner that Watson is. And Watson doesn't need to hold the ball for 10 seconds before throwing that good deep ball, and looks a lot more accurate on short and intermediate throws than I've seen from Flacco.

His pre snap reads were determined on Tuesday in the coaches room, gimme a break. He reads half the field or less, spread offense hinder Pro development, it's a fact.

As far as I know, Watson has plenty of freedom to make calls at the line. His decision making is great during the play as well, rarely turns the ball over.

Spread offenses don't hurt QB development, coaches making all the calls for them does. You can run a spread offense and still allow your QB to read defenses. Everyone was saying the same thing about Marcus Mariota, but he could read defenses just fine. He actually made lots of calls on his own in their system.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Btw, here's what I don't get, the zone read/shotgun spread is supposed to make everything about QBing easier on the QB yet they're failing at the NFL level just as much as Pro Style. So if the failure rate isn't any better why force OC's to run college offense in the first place?

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 11:03 PM
TimHippo thinks anything over 4.3 is slow for a QB, consider the source.

I Eat Staples
12-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Btw, here's what I don't get, the zone read/shotgun spread is supposed to make everything about QBing easier on the QB yet they're failing at the NFL level just as much as Pro Style. So if the failure rate isn't any better why force OC's to run college offense in the first place?

I'm not suggesting OCs run the spread because it's easier on QBs. It is, but that's not the main point. It's simply a more effective form of offense, especially when you have a mobile QB.

If you have a dumb QB, he's going to fail no matter what system you run. Most high draft picks fail in the NFL because of their mind, not their body. And that's the harder part to evaluate.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 11:08 PM

Jim kelly, Peyton manning and roger staubach were shotgun guys and they did pretty good.

TimHippo
12-13-2015, 11:10 PM
TimHippo thinks anything over 4.3 is slow for a QB, consider the source.

Stop lying. Never said that. 4.8 and above is slow. 4.7 is slow if you are a tiny guy like 6-0 Johnny goofball.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Jim kelly, Peyton manning and roger staubach were shotgun guys and they did pretty good.

Cool, I have no problem with throwing from shotgun.

Simple Jaded
12-13-2015, 11:18 PM
I'm not suggesting OCs run the spread because it's easier on QBs. It is, but that's not the main point. It's simply a more effective form of offense, especially when you have a mobile QB.

If you have a dumb QB, he's going to fail no matter what system you run. Most high draft picks fail in the NFL because of their mind, not their body. And that's the harder part to evaluate.

The Broncos were in a spread when Hillman got dumped for a loss in the red zone, they ended up with Jordan Norwood blocking Khalil Mack, not ideal. The spread is more effective at certain things and red zone (and playoffs AND running game) isn't one of them.

You wanna throw, you go into spread, cool beans, but spread QB's struggle with the rest of being an NFL QB.

OrangeFanatic
12-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Yes of course. Let's bring back the worst QB in the league and also the worst post season choker. Sounds like a great idea.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2015, 01:59 AM

Manning took more shots down field than Os has.

MOtorboat
12-14-2015, 02:10 AM
Manning took more shots down field than Os has.

Osweiler has routinely overthrown deep passes. I'm told that's because he can no longer make the throws.

Lancane
12-14-2015, 02:15 AM
Osweiler is not at all responsible for the loss today, Kubiak, the Offensive Line and the Receiving Corps. are absolutely and inarguably the guilty parties for this one. Had Mr. Elite (pun intended), Demaryius Thomas been able to catch anything besides soft floating ducks the Broncos would have gone into half-time with a three score lead that would have likely held. Instead they had hope by keeping the Broncos without a touchdown and it gave them new life. The game plan was utter ****, Kubiak is coaching so conservatively that Dan Reeves and John Fox look more like Bill Belichick or Marty Shottenheimer. When you have are facing a pass rusher that is giving your line fits you tend to kick a fullback or tight end to the side he is rushing from to protect the quarterback, not Kubiak - he handed Mack those five sacks on a platter while killing his own quarterback and game plan. And news flash - You have the top rated defense in football, when that happens you can take shots down field!!! Osweiler's longest pass was on a cross route in the middle, while you have Sanders, Thomas and Davis who can all spread the field...WTH? Osweiler looks like a dumbed-down version of his form from college, where he continually was allowed to throw long (which he can do) or make plays outside the game plan, but not this new version...Kubiak has absolutely handcuffed the kid to be a younger version of Kyle Orton but without the trust Orton at least got as a starter from his coaches. Osweiler was bound to fail sooner rather then later because of that. Kubiak seems to be coaching not to lose rather then to win and that is never the way to win Championships only to be that good team that is always a threat but continually falls short. And don't even get me started on the offensive line.

I happen to fully agree with Staples on what he said earlier in this thread, you never mortgage the future to win now - it almost always ends in failure, but Denver has done that and with Kubiak's handcuffing of Osweiler the team still doesn't have enough data to determine if he is or is not the future, but as it stands I would be hard pressed to say he is, not that I blame him for it though. Manning will likely be named the starter again and well this will all be for naught, give good argument fodder come the post-season when we're all arguing over the future of this team which right now, the bright spots are almost all on the defensive side of the ball.

Cugel
12-14-2015, 04:08 AM

None of those QBs are coming here so it's totally pointless speculation. :coffee:

The Broncos aren't drafting a QB and then waiting for 3 or 4 years for him to develop anyway. They are going to re-sign Osweiler and develop him. As they should.

Northman
12-14-2015, 06:58 AM

I dont think Hippo even knows who Elway is.

Northman
12-14-2015, 06:59 AM

Except Flacco has been a starter for a while now, Brock for 4 games. If Brock remains a Bronco and is doing these same things a year or two from now than we can have this discussion again.

Northman
12-14-2015, 07:04 AM

Cook will be more successful in the NFL than Watson. I guarantee it.

chazoe60
12-14-2015, 07:18 AM
He had time to overthrow Sanders by 5 yards when he was wide open. He had time to sail the ball out of the back of the endzone when Virgil Green was wide open. He had time to hold the ball for ages in the 2nd half, taking sacks or throwing check downs.

Yeah, our line sucks, and Khalil Mack abused garbage Schofield. But Brock holds the ball way too long, and didn't play well today at all.

Brock also had two crucial first downs droped as well as a TD. Add to that a swinging door at both Left and Right Tackle and a muffed punt and............... Nah, you're right Brock sucks it was his fault.

Nomad
12-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Brock also had two crucial first downs droped as well as a TD. Add to that a swinging door at both Left and Right Tackle and a muffed punt and............... Nah, you're right Brock sucks it was his fault.

Yeah, what's the deal with all the dropped passes by the receivers? It's getting old.

Nomad
12-14-2015, 10:43 AM

Yeah, what's the deal with all the dropped passes by the receivers? It's getting old.

I Eat Staples
12-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Except Flacco has been a starter for a while now, Brock for 4 games. If Brock remains a Bronco and is doing these same things a year or two from now than we can have this discussion again.

You're right. I'm not writing him off, just expressing concern with one of his flaws.

Lol that isn't what I said at all. It doesn't have to be "Brock is amazing and the rest of the team sucks" or "Brock sucks he's the reason we lost." It was a team loss, just about everyone on offense could have played a lot better. Brock didn't lose us the game, but he didn't win us the game either. It wasn't a great performance.

Nomad
12-14-2015, 12:30 PM
You're right. I'm not writing him off, just expressing concern with one of his flaws.

Lol that isn't what I said at all. It doesn't have to be "Brock is amazing and the rest of the team sucks" or "Brock sucks he's the reason we lost." It was a team loss, just about everyone on offense could have played a lot better. Brock didn't lose us the game, but he didn't win us the game either. It wasn't a great performance.

Raiders rattled Brock like the BRONCOS did to Rivers last week. Rivers looked lost, and he's a veteran and damn good QB. Hopefully Brock will learn and progress from this type of game, but it's equally frustrating watching your receivers drop passes.

Cugel
12-14-2015, 12:58 PM
There's no question that Osweiler could have played better. He could not play like a guy who's never started before in this league from time to time.

He could also be magically turned into Tom Brady by Santa's elves, except that's not going to happen either.

The point to make is this: Can the team win with inexperienced Brock Osweiler?

Clearly the answer is "yes" - IF the rest of the team helps him. If the OL blocks for him, if when he hands the ball off the RB isn't stuffed in the backfield; if when he throws the ball to his WRs and hits them on the hands they don't drop it.

And especially if he doesn't have to throw the ball 50 times a game. If that is going to be the Broncos offense, they should get Peyton back and let him throw out of the shot-gun on every play. He'd probably only last 2 games before getting hurt again, but if those games were in the playoffs, and they were able to win, then you're talking about getting as far as the AFC Championship Game.

With this OL that would be a miracle season anyway. They have ZERO chance of winning the SB with this crew of losers on the OL anyway - unless there's some kind of Christmas Miracle and suddenly they start playing like actually GOOD OL they're not going anywhere in the playoffs. They might not even get there if they lose their last 4 games. Even 11-5 might not get them into the playoffs if KC, Pittsburgh and the Jets all win out and the Broncos lose 3 of their last 4.

Northman
12-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Raiders rattled Brock like the BRONCOS did to Rivers last week. Rivers looked lost, and he's a veteran and damn good QB. Hopefully Brock will learn and progress from this type of game, but it's equally frustrating watching your receivers drop passes.

And they always seemed to come at the worst possible time too. If DT catches at least one of the passes at the endzone it changes the complexion of the game entirely. Same with the turnovers, just horrible drops at the worst possible time.

TimHippo
12-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Osweiler is not at all responsible for the loss today, Kubiak, the Offensive Line and the Receiving Corps. are absolutely and inarguably the guilty parties for this one. Had Mr. Elite (pun intended), Demaryius Thomas been able to catch anything besides soft floating ducks the Broncos would have gone into half-time with a three score lead that would have likely held. Instead they had hope by keeping the Broncos without a touchdown and it gave them new life. The game plan was utter ****, Kubiak is coaching so conservatively that Dan Reeves and John Fox look more like Bill Belichick or Marty Shottenheimer. When you have are facing a pass rusher that is giving your line fits you tend to kick a fullback or tight end to the side he is rushing from to protect the quarterback, not Kubiak - he handed Mack those five sacks on a platter while killing his own quarterback and game plan. And news flash - You have the top rated defense in football, when that happens you can take shots down field!!! Osweiler's longest pass was on a cross route in the middle, while you have Sanders, Thomas and Davis who can all spread the field...WTH? Osweiler looks like a dumbed-down version of his form from college, where he continually was allowed to throw long (which he can do) or make plays outside the game plan, but not this new version...Kubiak has absolutely handcuffed the kid to be a younger version of Kyle Orton but without the trust Orton at least got as a starter from his coaches. Osweiler was bound to fail sooner rather then later because of that. Kubiak seems to be coaching not to lose rather then to win and that is never the way to win Championships only to be that good team that is always a threat but continually falls short. And don't even get me started on the offensive line.

I happen to fully agree with Staples on what he said earlier in this thread, you never mortgage the future to win now - it almost always ends in failure, but Denver has done that and with Kubiak's handcuffing of Osweiler the team still doesn't have enough data to determine if he is or is not the future, but as it stands I would be hard pressed to say he is, not that I blame him for it though. Manning will likely be named the starter again and well this will all be for naught, give good argument fodder come the post-season when we're all arguing over the future of this team which right now, the bright spots are almost all on the defensive side of the ball.

So why do you think Kubiak is doing this?
Do they know something about Osweiler's limitations which is why they are running a special package for him?
I mean Manning has no arm but Osweiler at least should have a cannon of an arm although it might not be accurate with the long ball.
You would think that's Osweiler's biggest asset since he is not that mobile or fast. So if you aren't going to use that then it's kind of the wrong QB for Kubiak's ZBS system.

What do you think about Drew Brees on the Broncos next year. His cap hit is 27 million for the Saints so they are likely to cut him and then he can sign elsewhere for a more cap friendly number.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2015, 04:29 PM
Why? You can sign him for a reasonable amount once the Saints cut him. Then you are an instant super bowl contender with the defense and receivers for the next 3 years while exciting the fan base.

I'm on board. 2-3 more years of being a contender isn't a bad thing.

Krugan
12-14-2015, 05:37 PM
So why do you think Kubiak is doing this?
Do they know something about Osweiler's limitations which is why they are running a special package for him?
I mean Manning has no arm but Osweiler at least should have a cannon of an arm although it might not be accurate with the long ball.
You would think that's Osweiler's biggest asset since he is not that mobile or fast. So if you aren't going to use that then it's kind of the wrong QB for Kubiak's ZBS system.

What do you think about Drew Brees on the Broncos next year. His cap hit is 27 million for the Saints so they are likely to cut him and then he can sign elsewhere for a more cap friendly number.

I think its the same thing we have seen all season long, the line is so inconsistent that the long ball is a crap shoot more so than normal. Those plays need to develop, and if your qb is getting 3 steps and having to slide forward into a 350 lber, well your not going deep often.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-14-2015, 05:59 PM

Only problem is most QB's seem to go over the cliff suddenly anywhere around that 37-39 year range so it's a gamble.

NightTerror218
12-14-2015, 06:06 PM

And if Brock becomes a legitimate pro bowler with another team?

Any vet QB would have to work in same system and Brock. Kubiak is here so that won't change.

Cugel
12-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Drew Brees is not going to be available and if he is, he's not coming to the Broncos. Kubiak does not want a pass-happy offense. He wants to run his offense. Brees would not be a great fit.

Cugel
12-14-2015, 08:35 PM
And if Brock becomes a legitimate pro bowler with another team?

Any vet QB would have to work in same system and Brock. Kubiak is here so that won't change.

Don't worry about it. Re-signing Brock Osweiler will be Denver's #1 off-season priority, even if he struggles the rest of the season. Elway realizes that young QBs in their first season as starters often hit a wall and have some bad games.

If teams gave up on young QBs who have struggled, the Colts would give up on Andrew Luck. Ain't happening.

spikerman
12-14-2015, 09:08 PM
Don't worry about it. Re-signing Brock Osweiler will be Denver's #1 off-season priority, even if he struggles the rest of the season. Elway realizes that young QBs in their first season as starters often hit a wall and have some bad games.

If teams gave up on young QBs who have struggled, the Colts would give up on Andrew Luck. Ain't happening.

Over Von Miller? I wouldn't think so.

BroncoWave
12-14-2015, 09:21 PM

As of now I would agree, but if Brock leads us all the way to a title this year, I think he would become priority #1. Now I don't think that's a likely scenario, but I think it would make him a higher priority than Von.

Either way though, I think they are both getting deals this offseason.

tripp
12-14-2015, 09:47 PM

I'll take Von over anyone on our defense. Hope he's a Bronco for life.

NightTerror218
12-14-2015, 10:14 PM

He is franchise tag player no question. Therefore no priority to sign immediately, it gives then time to work on deal.

TimHippo
12-14-2015, 11:45 PM

Lol. Andrew luck was the number one overall pick in the draft and considered a once in a decade QB. Poor comparison for osweiler.

MOtorboat
12-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Lol. Andrew luck was the number one overall pick in the draft and considered a once in a decade QB. Poor comparison for osweiler.

You focus way too much on the combine and the draft.

As of right now, and it will likely be the same next year, Osweiler is the quarterback for the Denver Broncos. Two bad games isn't going to change that. Manning will likely come back this year, but Osweiler is the quarterback moving forward.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 12:06 AM
You focus way too much on the combine and the draft.

As of right now, and it will likely be the same next year, Osweiler is the quarterback for the Denver Broncos. Two bad games isn't going to change that. Manning will likely come back this year, but Osweiler is the quarterback moving forward.

I think Elway brings in brees. Saints save 20 mil off cap on their 30 mil cap hit by cutting him. Then Elway can sell him on Denver and the opportunity to win a super bowl on a reasonable contract. With the draft picks and free agency you bring in a bunch of lineman and now all the pieces are in place for 2016.

BroncoWave
12-15-2015, 12:23 AM
I think Elway brings in brees. Saints save 20 mil off cap on their 30 mil cap hit by cutting him. Then Elway can sell him on Denver and the opportunity to win a super bowl on a reasonable contract. With the draft picks and free agency you bring in a bunch of lineman and now all the pieces are in place for 2016.

Brees is not going to be a Bronco. I think the last thing Elway wants to do is to hitch his wagon to another QB at the tail end of his career. Brock is getting a contract and will be our starter for the foreseeable future whether you like it or not.

tomjonesrocks
12-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Even as a Charger I liked Brees. If JFE decided that was the move I'd be aboard. This last Os performance was rough - even with the requisite acknowledgement regarding horrific protection and insane dropped balls.

Only thing I liked in the whole presser that Kubiak said was that Os needs to move better in the pocket which totally validated my thoughts. I really saw more Orton/Griese than Elway or even Plummer when the house was on fire.

tripp
12-15-2015, 12:43 AM
I don't know why everyone is being this HARD on Brock. He is 3-1. Thrown into the fire in the middle of the season with a team that has aspirations of making it to the SB. He's hasn't even had a full off-season as the No.1 QB.

I think he's played fairly well given the circumstances. I'd be a touch worried if he had the entire off-season to prepare and we're struggling to beat the Oakland Raiders after our defense limited them to 13 pts.

MOtorboat
12-15-2015, 12:51 AM

Lol.

GEM
12-15-2015, 01:01 AM
I love Brees, always have. Just not as a Bronco. Pretty much done with over the hill qb's on the tail end of their career. We need to be working on a qb who will be here for a few years.

underrated29
12-15-2015, 01:08 AM
Bree's will not be an option. We will do what we can to keep all of our defensive guys. The left over money will go towards a FA rb, a fb, Vernon Davis if we choose and Brock. Elway won't give up on Brock and they really like simian. They won't bench oz after giving him s decent/big contract. He also won't get much on open market...

I look for a C, LG (maybe schofield), a rb, MLB, and a backup T, all to be brought in FA and draft. I doubt qb is on the list.

tomjonesrocks
12-15-2015, 01:35 AM
Bree's will not be an option. We will do what we can to keep all of our defensive guys. The left over money will go towards a FA rb, a fb, Vernon Davis if we choose and Brock. Elway won't give up on Brock and they really like simian. They won't bench oz after giving him s decent/big contract. He also won't get much on open market... I look for a C, LG (maybe schofield), a rb, MLB, and a backup T, all to be brought in FA and draft. I doubt qb is on the list.

Why did your autocorrect turn "Brees" into "Bree's" ?

MOtorboat
12-15-2015, 01:58 AM
Why did your autocorrect turn "Brees" into "Bree's" ?

Mine does it too.

tomjonesrocks
12-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Mine does it too.

Well that's anti-climactic.

Northman
12-15-2015, 09:06 AM
I don't know why everyone is being this HARD on Brock. He is 3-1. Thrown into the fire in the middle of the season with a team that has aspirations of making it to the SB. He's hasn't even had a full off-season as the No.1 QB.

I think he's played fairly well given the circumstances. I'd be a touch worried if he had the entire off-season to prepare and we're struggling to beat the Oakland Raiders after our defense limited them to 13 pts.

Nature of the beast when it comes to Denver and their QB's. You either like the guy or you dont, pretty par for the course.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Nature of the beast when it comes to Denver and their QB's. You either like the guy or you dont, pretty par for the course.

35 of 51 (nearly 70% completion rate) and 300+ yards. At least one dropped TD. He didn't play as bad as some would like others to believe. His fumble sucked though.

Dreadnought
12-15-2015, 10:00 AM

There is something about losing to the Raiders. It makes otherwise thinking reasonable Broncos fans react like they were dropped on their heads daily as babies and then raised on a diet of lead paint chips. You read some of the stupidest crap imaginable. I chalk it up to the raw emotion of losing to those ******* bums the way we did.
After 2017 or 2018 we'll evaluate Osweiler, then we'll have some idea if he is in fact The Guy.

Cugel
12-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Bree's will not be an option. We will do what we can to keep all of our defensive guys. The left over money will go towards a FA rb, a fb, Vernon Davis if we choose and Brock. Elway won't give up on Brock and they really like simian. They won't bench oz after giving him s decent/big contract. He also won't get much on open market...

I look for a C, LG (maybe schofield), a rb, MLB, and a backup T, all to be brought in FA and draft. I doubt qb is on the list.

Osweiler will get at least a $10 M contract even if he struggles and loses some more games. There is a stunning lack of good QBs in this league and lots of teams haven't got one.

Of course there's no guarantee that Osweiler will ever be a franchise QB, but teams will pay $10M+ just for the CHANCE that he might be.

Just look at this year's draft: Mariota and Winston went 1-2 and that was it. Neither the Bucs nor Titans was at all interested in trading their pick so no other team could get one of them. There were no other decent QB prospects.

So, Jets, Bills, Browns, Rams, 49ers, etc., etc., - "good luck next year!"

The Broncos are going to over-pay Brock Osweiler and hold onto him because there's simply no better option out there. They can't expect to draft a QB and develop him into a starter any time soon. And the QBs you can find in FA all suck and have failed for their previous teams or they wouldn't be FAs.

These are the FA QBs available in 2016:

Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel, Drew Stanton, Chad Henne (my god is he still in the league?), Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Hasselbeck (OMG! Matt Hasselbeck is 41 yrs old!), Matt Moore, Matt Schaub, Bruce Gradkowski, Kellen Clemens, Matt Cassel, Tarvaris Jackson, Scott Tolzien (who?) Brock Osweiler QB 25 DEN , Charlie Whitehurst, Kirk Cousins, Luke McCown, Joe Webb, Dan Orlovsky, Matt McGloin, Michael Vick (he's now 35 yrs), Case Keenum, Thaddeus Lewis, Josh Johnson, T.J. Yates, Matt Flynn, Brandon Weeden (Brandon Weeden is now 32?), Jimmy Clausen, Dylan Thompson, Bryn Renner

Urf! That's like going to the prom and finding out that all the available girls are hunch-backs! And your date at least is not a hunch back.

I'll take Osweiler thank you!

gregbroncs
12-15-2015, 12:48 PM
I think Elway brings in brees. Saints save 20 mil off cap on their 30 mil cap hit by cutting him. Then Elway can sell him on Denver and the opportunity to win a super bowl on a reasonable contract. With the draft picks and free agency you bring in a bunch of lineman and now all the pieces are in place for 2016.No way this happens. Nor should it.

7DnBrnc53
12-15-2015, 02:25 PM

NO!!!

I don't want to be like the 90's KC Chiefs: Always bringing in a veteran QB, but not developing a good young QB.

These are the FA QBs available in 2016:

Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel, Drew Stanton, Chad Henne (my god is he still in the league?), Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Hasselbeck (OMG! Matt Hasselbeck is 41 yrs old!), Matt Moore, Matt Schaub, Bruce Gradkowski, Kellen Clemens, Matt Cassel, Tarvaris Jackson, Scott Tolzien (who?) Brock Osweiler QB 25 DEN , Charlie Whitehurst, Kirk Cousins, Luke McCown, Joe Webb, Dan Orlovsky, Matt McGloin, Michael Vick (he's now 35 yrs), Case Keenum, Thaddeus Lewis, Josh Johnson, T.J. Yates, Matt Flynn, Brandon Weeden (Brandon Weeden is now 32?), Jimmy Clausen, Dylan Thompson, Bryn Renner

If the Broncos didn't have Osweiler, the only one of those I would consider is Matt Moore. He really didn't get much of a chance in Carolina (Junk Fox kept playing Delhomme, and then they foolishly drafted Clausen), and then he had 2,497 yards passing, 60% completion, 16 TD's, and 9 picks with the 2011 Dolphins in 12 starts when they had Todd Bowles as interim coach (they let him go and brought in Joe Philbin. Unbelievable).

tripp
12-15-2015, 02:28 PM
NO!!!

I don't want to be like the 90's KC Chiefs: Always bringing in a veteran QB, but not developing a good young QB.

If the Broncos didn't have Osweiler, the only one of those I would consider is Matt Moore. He really didn't get much of a chance in Carolina (Junk Fox kept playing Delhomme, and then they foolishly drafted Clausen), and then he had 2,497 yards passing, 60% completion, 16 TD's, and 9 picks with the 2011 Dolphins in 12 starts when they had Todd Bowles as interim coach (they let him go and brought in Joe Philbin. Unbelievable).

I would LOVE if we kept Oz and brought in Kirk Cousins as competition.

NightTerror218
12-15-2015, 02:40 PM

Texas will bring allover his nuts

underrated29
12-15-2015, 02:51 PM
I know most wont like it, but I would not mind RG3....I still maintain that Oz will be best for us. But RG3 would be a good backup and probably a good fit too.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 03:28 PM

Cousins is awesome. Really did well under ZBS with Shanahan and is doing well now under Gruden. Would be great fit for Kubiak ZBS and has some mobility.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 03:29 PM
I know most wont like it, but I would not mind RG3....I still maintain that Oz will be best for us. But RG3 would be a good backup and probably a good fit too.

LOL, RG3 is horrible. And he can't even run because he's built like a toothpick and will get injured again. So you can't even use his greatest strength which is his speed.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Cousins will be more expensive. Probably hire pricetag than Ozweiler.

I'd rather have Brees or Stafford than overpaying for unproven guys like Cousins or Oz.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Cousins will be more expensive. Probably hire pricetag than Ozweiler.

I'd rather have Brees or Stafford than overpaying for unproven guys like Cousins or Oz.

Everyone is unproven until proven. You want to keep paying high prices to vet QBs for 1-3 years. How's that worked out for so many teams in the NFL that have gone from one vet to the next. Ask the Chiefs how well that's worked out for them.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Everyone is unproven until proven. You want to keep paying high prices to vet QBs for 1-3 years. How's that worked out for so many teams in the NFL that have gone from one vet to the next. Ask the Chiefs how well that's worked out for them.

Yes, please. HOF vet QBs have worked out well for us. Elway, Manning. Whatever you're take on Manning he has been a success for us. That is undeniable. 13-3, 13-3, 12-4 seasons and Super Bowl.

If you have a number one overall young guy like Elway or Andrew Luck, yeah the potential is there so it's not similar to an unproven 2nd round reach like Oz. Jury's still out on him and is it worth risking the next 4-5 years to find out. I'd rather take the Peyton Manning like success we have had with the next HOF up, Brees.

BroncoWave
12-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes, please. HOF vet QBs have worked out well for us. Elway, Manning. Whatever you're take on Manning he has been a success for us. That is undeniable. 13-3, 13-3, 12-4 seasons and Super Bowl.

If you have a number one overall young guy like Elway or Andrew Luck, yeah the potential is there so it's not similar to an unproven 2nd round reach like Oz. Jury's still out on him and is it worth risking the next 4-5 years to find out. I'd rather take the Peyton Manning like success we have had with the next HOF up, Brees.

But what were Brees' combine numbers? This is the important question.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2015, 04:39 PM

Elway? Elway was brought here as a rookie. I don't know why you are bringing him into the convesation.

The problem with your "solution".. is it doesn't provide a long-term answer. It's a "here and now"...which sounds great, but then you are always looking for the next guy. THat's a TERRIBLE way to run a team. No thank you. No.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 04:48 PM

No championships with Manning.

Frankly, virtually everything you say is so far out in left field, it's hard to take anything you post seriously.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Elway? Elway was brought here as a rookie. I don't know why you are bringing him into the convesation.

The problem with your "solution".. is it doesn't provide a long-term answer. It's a "here and now"...which sounds great, but then you are always looking for the next guy. THat's a TERRIBLE way to run a team. No thank you. No.

That was addressing the guy who said "everyone is proven till unproven".

My point was that while that is true, someone like Elway or Luck who was the number one overall pick and considered a once in a decade type prospect is alot more of a sure thing than someone who was a 2nd round reach who has sat on the bench for 4 years like Osweiler.

With and Elway or Luck you are ready to roll with that guy for the next decade. With most lower picked QBs, I'm not sure it's wise to commit a big contract and give him the keys to a super bowl contending team for the next 4-5 years.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 04:50 PM
No championships with Manning.

Frankly, virtually everything you say is so far out in left field, it's hard to take anything you post seriously.

More personal attacks. Those who cannot discuss resort to those types of tricks.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 04:51 PM
More personal attacks. Those who cannot discuss resort to those types of tricks.

Maybe it's because you don't post anything but nonsense?

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Maybe it's because you don't post anything but nonsense?

You've lost as you are no longer addressing the discussion.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 04:54 PM
You've lost as you are no longer addressing the discussion.

Frankly, neither are you. Rationally, at least.

BroncoWave
12-15-2015, 04:59 PM

Dude, someone attacking your opinion is not a personal attack. Perhaps you should just start a blog and disable the comments if you can't handle your opinions being challenged.

Ravage!!!
12-15-2015, 05:01 PM
That was addressing the guy who said "everyone is proven till unproven".

My point was that while that is true, someone like Elway or Luck who was the number one overall pick and considered a once in a decade type prospect is alot more of a sure thing than someone who was a 2nd round reach who has sat on the bench for 4 years like Osweiler.

With and Elway or Luck you are ready to roll with that guy for the next decade. With most lower picked QBs, I'm not sure it's wise to commit a big contract and give him the keys to a super bowl contending team for the next 4-5 years.

Yeah.. and those are guys that are drafted.

I get what you are saying, as I've brought up the concerns before. Denver is going to be in a very tight spot with the contract of Os. We either pay him the nearly 15 million a year, or let him sign with another team for 15 million a year.

CHANCES (odds?) are that Os will not turn out to be a franchise QB. But then, it's worth it to NFL teams to take the chance since success (continued success) in the NFL relies and revolves around the QB. Do you let one walk out the door ONLY to take a chance on another draft choice? Do you really simply hire an expensive vet purely to try and succeed today with no plan for the future? That type of "hurry hurry" and no time to build, generally will NOT work.

Was Wilson really a "Super Bowl" contending QB the first year (or even second year) he went? No. He was the guy that was running the show and taking care of the ball. Used to be that being a "game manager" was a VERY GOOD thing at the QB position. It's what you want from the guy behind center....make the smart choices and run the offense.

But the answer isn't purely signing high dollar vets as temps.

Northman
12-15-2015, 05:40 PM

Except the Saints are 5-8 this year. If we had Brees he would be no better than Oz right now.

Timmy!
12-15-2015, 05:43 PM
http://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/fonzsharkjump-300x300.jpg

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah.. and those are guys that are drafted.

I get what you are saying, as I've brought up the concerns before. Denver is going to be in a very tight spot with the contract of Os. We either pay him the nearly 15 million a year, or let him sign with another team for 15 million a year.

CHANCES (odds?) are that Os will not turn out to be a franchise QB. But then, it's worth it to NFL teams to take the chance since success (continued success) in the NFL relies and revolves around the QB. Do you let one walk out the door ONLY to take a chance on another draft choice? Do you really simply hire an expensive vet purely to try and succeed today with no plan for the future? That type of "hurry hurry" and no time to build, generally will NOT work.

Was Wilson really a "Super Bowl" contending QB the first year (or even second year) he went? No. He was the guy that was running the show and taking care of the ball. Used to be that being a "game manager" was a VERY GOOD thing at the QB position. It's what you want from the guy behind center....make the smart choices and run the offense.

But the answer isn't purely signing high dollar vets as temps.

I would say Russell Wilson is an elite QB and more than a game manager. His salary is 4 years 87 million. He put up huge passing numbers at Wisconsin and is a good passer so I see it more that Seattle's run control system and dominant defense limits his passing numbers. Two Super Bowls and one win.
He was instantly good with Seattle and beat out the big FA QB acquisition Matt Flynn right off the bat. And in general he's been clutch at the end of the games save the brain fart interception vs Belicheck. (Although that's more Carroll's fault for not running Marshawn Lynch into the endzone.

Getting back to the point, if the Broncos are in rebuilding mode, yeah sure sign Osweiler to a huge contract and stink it up for the next couple years to acquire high draft picks as he gains experience.

But I don't think the Broncos or Elway are in rebuilding mode. I think they still see a Super Bowl window with the personal and will reload (with Brees or Stafford). Elway likes to hit the homerun as he did with Manning or Von Miller. He didn't like what he saw in Tebow despite getting to the AFC championship game, he wanted to win now and pulled Manning out of thin air. I just can't see him gambling the next 4-5 years on Oz, especially at $15 million a year. That would cripple the franchise if Oz bombs.

The much safer risk is to bring in Brees at a reasonable rate (or get Stafford). Wine and dine Brees like a Kiki Vandeghwe lounge singer/car salesman with promises of competing for a super bowl and learning from a legend (Elway). Then you just sign Oz as a backup for cheap and if someone is willing to throw money at Oz you just move on.

BroncoWave
12-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Except the Saints are 5-8 this year. If we had Brees he would be no better than Oz right now.

The Saints have been bad for two years now. Brees is still decent but that would just reek of desperation if we brought him in. No thanks.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 05:45 PM

Saints talent is crap. They don't have the weapons that Denver has with DT, Vernon Davis, Sanders. They have no defense. Saints gave up on Jimmy Graham which is a sign to Brees that they don't want to contend.

You give Brees the Broncos talent and defense and they won't lose.

Northman
12-15-2015, 05:50 PM
Getting back to the point, if the Broncos are in rebuilding mode, yeah sure sign Osweiler to a huge contract and stink it up for the next couple years to acquire high draft picks as he gains experience.

But I don't think the Broncos or Elway are in rebuilding mode. I think they still see a Super Bowl window with the personal.

They are and they arent, its not mutually exclusive. When you watch a team like the Hawks go and win with a QB like Wilson (a third rounder) you can still build for the future while remaining a contender. Especially with the defense so maxing out your cap to fit in guys like Brees isnt really an option here going forward. I dont see Stafford leaving Detroit either but even if he does he hasnt really proven much in terms of leading his team into the postseason.

Northman
12-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Saints talent is crap. They don't have the weapons that Denver has with DT, Vernon Davis, Sanders. They have no defense. Saints gave up on Jimmy Graham which is a sign to Brees that they don't want to contend.

You give Brees the Broncos talent and defense and they won't lose.

Brees would have the same issues with line protection in Denver as he does currently in NO. He would be sacked a lot.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 05:54 PM
I would say Russell Wilson is an elite QB and more than a game manager. His salary is 4 years 87 million. He put up huge passing numbers at Wisconsin and is a good passer so I see it more that Seattle's run control system and dominant defense limits his passing numbers. Two Super Bowls and one win.
He was instantly good with Seattle and beat out the big FA QB acquisition Matt Flynn right off the bat. And in general he's been clutch at the end of the games save the brain fart interception vs Belicheck. (Although that's more Carroll's fault for not running Marshawn Lynch into the endzone.

But I don't think the Broncos or Elway are in rebuilding mode. I think they still see a Super Bowl window with the personal and will reload (with Brees or Stafford). Elway likes to hit the homerun as he did with Manning or Von Miller. He didn't like what he saw in Tebow despite getting to the AFC championship game, he wanted to win now and pulled Manning out of thin air. I just can't see him gambling the next 4-5 years on Oz, especially at $15 million a year. That would cripple the franchise if Oz bombs.

The much safer risk is to bring in Brees at a reasonable rate (or get Stafford). Wine and dine Brees like a Kiki Vandeghwe lounge singer/car salesman with promises of competing for a super bowl and learning from a legend (Elway). Then you just sign Oz as a backup for cheap and if someone is willing to throw money at Oz you just move on.

Just absolute nonsense.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 06:07 PM
Brees would have the same issues with line protection in Denver as he does currently in NO. He would be sacked a lot.

I'm sure that will be addressed in the off season through the draft and free agency.

At least Brees has good mobility (above average 3 cone 7.09) unlike the fainting goat and the giant statue.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 06:09 PM
They are and they arent, its not mutually exclusive. When you watch a team like the Hawks go and win with a QB like Wilson (a third rounder) you can still build for the future while remaining a contender. Especially with the defense so maxing out your cap to fit in guys like Brees isnt really an option here going forward. I dont see Stafford leaving Detroit either but even if he does he hasnt really proven much in terms of leading his team into the postseason.

Well Brees would be brought in with a similar number to Manning or lower at 17 mil. I would rather have that then pay Osweiler $15 mil.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Jesus.

BroncoWave
Just absolute nonsense.

Personal attack. Post reported.

chazoe60
Now we're evaluating 35+year old QBs based on their combine 3 cone drill numbers? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. OMG let me catch my breath.

BroncoWave
12-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Now we're evaluating 35+year old QBs based on their combine 3 cone drill numbers? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. OMG let me catch my breath.

Dude, stop personally attacking him!

chazoe60
12-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Maybe we should just draft the guy with the best combine numbers regardless of position and turn him into a QB. :laugh:

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 06:14 PM
I won every single suicide drill during high school basketball practice.

I should try out for the Nuggets.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 06:16 PM

Shouldn't be hard to do.
http://thecount.com/wp-content/uploads/Chaz-Bono-65-lbs-1.jpg

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 06:17 PM
I won every single suicide drill during high school basketball practice.

I should try out for the Nuggets.

Well you would probably make it.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Welp - Chaz called it.

chazoe60
12-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Personal attack reported. No one wants to see your selfies.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Funny thing is, I didn't even know who that person in the picture was.

I think it's very interesting Hippo has so many pictures of that "person" readily available to post.

TimHippo
12-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Funny thing is, I didn't even know who that person in the picture was.

I think it's very interesting Hippo has so many pictures of that "person" readily available to post.

Why, there's nothin wrong with chazo. Hope your not one of those rajon rondo type biggots.

BroncoJoe
12-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Why, there's nothin wrong with chazo. Hope your not one of those rajon rondo type biggots.

I might be.

Are you transgender Hippo? What were you, and what are you now? Curious minds want to know.

LawDog
12-15-2015, 06:44 PM

*you're
*bigots

Simple Jaded
12-15-2015, 07:03 PM
If Stafford is available it's a discussion but Brees is not the type of QB you want with an OL that can't control DLman well enough to give him a lane to see/throw through.

chazoe60
12-15-2015, 07:26 PM
If Stafford is available it's a discussion but Brees is not the type of QB you want with an OL that can't control DLman well enough to give him a lane to see/throw through.

But have you seen his combine 3 ccone drill numbers?

Ravage!!!
12-15-2015, 07:38 PM

Wilson wasn't an "elite" QB when winning the Super Bowl. He was the epitomy of "game manager." For the first 2 years, if the other team scored more than 25 pts, the Seahawks lost. Why? Because he wasn't a scoring QB, but a QB that played the game not to lose, and let the defense keep the other team from scoring.

But the NFL is always about rebuilding. Elway didn't like what he saw in Tebow despite winning a playoff game (not getting to the AFC Championship game, we didn't get to the AFC CHampionship game with TT) because he knew Tebow was NOT a good QB. Had NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA to do with not wanting to give Tebow time to develop...and EVERYTHING to do with Tebow being a CRAP QB.

Going with Oz would not "cripple" the Broncos, and it certainly is not a "safer risk" bringing in a vet. Not to mention, its LAUGHABLE :laugh: :lol: to think that you will sign Oz as a back up.

Dude, I have no idea as to where you get your ideas, but they seem to be a bit blind in a LOT of things and perhaps pretty immature in the nature of football.

Simple Jaded
12-15-2015, 07:56 PM
But have you seen his combine 3 ccone drill numbers?

His 40 was marginal at best, be reasonable.

Timmy!
12-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Official pic of this thread

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RXuoD0X2p6o/maxresdefault.jpg

Cugel
12-15-2015, 08:34 PM
I hate to say it but Timmy has it right. :coffee:

Why don't you people just wait and see what Osweiler does next year before jumping to conclusions. Obviously he's going to struggle at times. And at other times he might go on a hot streak.

That does not make him great or terrible at this point.

Valar Morghulis
12-16-2015, 01:05 AM
Not wanting to split hairs, but Tebow never took the team to the afc championship game.

We stumbled into the playoffs, flukes a wild card win then got destroyed in the divisional round.

I think that's whay happened but I am a stupid brit. So I could be wrong.

MOtorboat
12-16-2015, 01:11 AM
Not wanting to split hairs, but Tebow never took the team to the afc championship game.

We stumbled into the playoffs, flukes a wild card win then got destroyed in the divisional round.

I think that's whay happened but I am a stupid brit. So I could be wrong.

No, you're not a stupid Brit. You're 100 percent accurate.

In no way was that season in any way more successful, or even equally successful, as the last three seasons. And, this season, which isn't even over.

SR
12-16-2015, 08:30 AM
Shouldn't be hard to do.

I remember the first time you made that joke. Wasn't funny then.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Aren't all of those pictures of Cher's transvestite daughter?

SR
12-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Aren't all of those pictures of Cher's transvestite daughter?

Transgender. Yes. Chaz Bono.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2015, 10:34 PM
Brock Osweiler isn't the answer for the Broncos

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/19/10209164/brock-osweiler-peyton-manning-denver-broncos-quarterback-comparison

LawDog
12-20-2015, 12:18 AM
Brock Osweiler isn't the answer for the Broncos

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/19/10209164/brock-osweiler-peyton-manning-denver-broncos-quarterback-comparison

Dumb article consisting of essentially click bait. Os isn't the answer because although he's raw and only has four starts under his belt he doesn't play with the nuances of a seasoned vet. #yawn

Edit, but thanks for posting Carol, not shooting the messenger.

Northman
12-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Dumb article consisting of essentially click bait. Os isn't the answer because although he's raw and only has four starts under his belt he doesn't play with the nuances of a seasoned vet. #yawn

Edit, but thanks for posting Carol, not shooting the messenger.

Yea, i was going to say the same thing. The article writer wants to compare a guy with 4 starts vs a future HOF'r. Not very good common sense there.

weazel
12-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Except he didn't. Osweiler was sacked 5 times and 0 touchdowns against the lowly Raiders.

you should watch the games, it makes being a fan more enjoyable.

TimHippo
12-20-2015, 07:35 PM
you should watch the games, it makes being a fan more enjoyable.

I'm watching the game. What's your point.

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Oz has been awesome the first half of last 2 games. And lack luster in 2nd half.

I hate playing not to lose, rather than to win.

Dzone
12-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Hopefully some other team will make Oz an absurd offer and he will be gone. Oz will be a journeyman Qb , much like Orton and Matt Flynn. Average at best.

tomjonesrocks
12-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Hopefully some other team will make Oz an absurd offer and he will be gone. Oz will be a journeyman Qb , much like Orton and Matt Flynn. Average at best.

I have yet to be truly impressed by his improvisation but there was a couple moves he made gave me a little hope and then the TD run was fantastic. He was starting to get my attention a bit.

The second half to me looks like a guy that crumbles under pressure. Poor throws, sliding on a run on a key down late - don't even get me started.

I think the reports that he's a nice guy that's not very bright are accurate. I've heard press conferences this year and I think he's got some charisma but question how bright he actually is.

Add some heart or suspect ability to deal with pressure and I'm out.

Davii
12-20-2015, 10:58 PM
No, you're not a stupid Brit. You're 100 percent accurate.

In no way was that season in any way more successful, or even equally successful, as the last three seasons. And, this season, which isn't even over.

Well, he was 100% accurate, but to be fair Mo, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not a to stupid brit. I believe, much like Brock, there is a lot yet to see before we can make thay determination definitively.

NightTerror218
12-20-2015, 11:16 PM
LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE PISSED WHEN OZ GETS AN EXTENSION. Everyone has this reaction after a loss. Had plenty of people come up to me saying Broncos are set long term with Oz. Raiders fans, Packers fans, football fans in general.

Today sounds like people are ready to jump off cliffs. Fire the whole franchise, let's be the 2012 raiders for the next decade then.

MOtorboat
12-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Well, he was 100% accurate, but to be fair Mo, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not a to stupid brit. I believe, much like Brock, there is a lot yet to see before we can make thay determination definitively.

You are right. He's a stupid Scot.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-20-2015, 11:48 PM
I wonder how much the shoulder injury affected him in the second half

Simple Jaded
12-20-2015, 11:59 PM
I'm watching the game. What's your point.

His point was hilarious.