PDA

View Full Version : Broncos cornerbacks are taking receivers out of games with amazing regularity

Spiritguy
12-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Great article about our three corners and the smothering Denver D.

The Denver Broncos defense is spectacular. That is undeniable. They lead the league, or are in the top five of so many categories it would be chore to list them all. The main statistic that defenses are graded on is net yards allowed per game. The Broncos are first, allowing only 284.7 yards per game, and there is one big reason for that.

The team sport of football means there are many sources for the Broncos’ domination in this category, but one that is on display each and every week, which goes mostly unnoticed, is the cornerbacks’ ability to shut down opposing wide receivers each game. They are doing it against some dynamic groups of receivers and talented quarterbacks. Chris Harris (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/player_search.fcgi?search=Chris+Harris&utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-) Jr., Aqib Talib (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaliAq99.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-) and Bradley Roby (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RobyBr00.htm?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-) are playing some spectacular football and one look at the numbers makes it abundantly clear.

The fact that the Broncos defense has not allowed a 300-yard passer this season (the only team to do so) came to light weeks ago. That in itself is impressive, but they have also shut down the fastest players on the opposition. The Broncos cornerbacks have allowed only two 100-yard receivers this season and have only allowed four receivers to catch the ball more than six times in a contest. The most astonishing statistic may be the fact that only one, yes one, receiver has scored a touchdown versus the Broncos. All of those amazing accomplishments culminate to be what is the top-ranked pass defense in the NFL.

The rest is here: http://milehighsports.com/broncos-cornerbacks-are-taking-receivers-out-of-games-with-amazing-regularity/

Nomad
12-13-2015, 01:19 PM
They'll definitely get tested against the Steelers and Bengals.

Northman
12-13-2015, 01:35 PM
They have already been tested this year vs GB and NE, wont be much different with Cincy or Pitt. Just have to continue to come and play.

slim
12-13-2015, 03:41 PM
They'll definitely get tested against the Steelers and Bengals.

At least against Pitt.

SR
12-13-2015, 03:46 PM
At least against Pitt.

Yeah. It could just be me but AJ McCarron doesn't scare me much.

Nomad
12-13-2015, 03:47 PM
At least against Pitt.

I believe Ben will have more time than Rodgers or Brady did, because Steelers oline protects their QB.

slim
12-13-2015, 03:49 PM
I believe Ben will have more time than Rodgers or Brady did, because Steelers oline protects their QB.

I will put my money on the Denver D.

Chris Harris has not allowed a TD reception since 2013! That was a long time ago.

TXBRONC
12-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Yeah. It could just be me but AJ McCarron doesn't scare me much.

Lets see, a veteran who now works in realistate yeah I'm sure you're not.

Northman
12-13-2015, 04:04 PM
I will put my money on the Denver D.

Chris Harris has not allowed a TD reception since 2013! That was a long time ago.

Yea, Pitt's Oline has been just as inconsistent as Denver's this year. Its why Ben got hurt earlier in the season.

SR
12-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Lets see, a veteran who now works in realistate yeah I'm sure you're not.

Realistate? Really?

slim
12-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Realistate can be quite lucrituve

Cugel
12-14-2015, 04:17 AM
Realistate can be quite lucrituve

Awesome! :lol:

Nomad
12-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Harris was taken behind the woodshed yesterday.

SR
12-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Harris was taken behind the woodshed yesterday.

He should never have been on Brown. Talib should've been with safety help at all times. Shitty game plan.

DenBronx
12-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Yeah bad game for our secondary yesterday. Harris was doing pretty good until that call that went against him. The very next play he got burned. So I think it was a mental issues with him. He looked really frustrated and that call should of never happened. If anything it wad offensive PI bc the WR grab and pulled on Harris jersey. Big turning point of the game.