PDA

View Full Version : Jose aldo vs Conor Mcgregor

ShaneFalco
12-13-2015, 01:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHb1OghKW2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10-kHmDkv4

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-13-2015, 01:59 AM
I had a bunch of friends over. I'm glad the Romero fight and the Rockhold fight were good because that would have sucked to have paid for without the other fights.

tomjonesrocks
12-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Crazy. Rockhold looked like the better fighter throughout. I'm not sure what Dean was thinking not stopping it in the 3rd - just got Weidman more needless punishment.

Humiliating for Aldo after all that getting there? McGregor will put asses in seats though. Big win for Dana White.

DenBronx
12-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Excellent PPV, well worth the $. Happy for McGregor and he deserves every penny. He has single handily made MMA exciting again. He mentally beat down Aldo before this fight ever began. You could tell Aldo was scared a bit. McGregor is a total madman and I love it. He predicts his wins perfectly. Precision beats power and timing beats speed. He will most likely fight Frankie Edgar now or move up in weight and fight. Cowboy. One thing he did say though is that he wouldn't vacate the belt and wanted to hold both.

Uriah, Rockhold and McGregor are all some of my fav fighters and all got the wins. A Broncos win this weekend caps of an excellent sports weekend.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2015, 01:03 AM
McGregor needs to go to lightweight. I don't know how he keeps making weight at featherweight.

DenBronx
12-14-2015, 03:24 AM
He's a true lightweight. So I think he will go there soon depending on what happens with Frankie Edgar.

DenBronx
12-14-2015, 06:13 AM
This is hilarious!
https://youtu.be/N1IFt0gglsQ

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2015, 02:32 PM
This is hilarious!

You're doing it wrong.

What the heck was that? :laugh:

ShaneFalco
12-14-2015, 02:58 PM
lol i am irish so i love that guy

Valar Morghulis
12-14-2015, 04:05 PM
What part of Ireland do you come from?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2015, 04:15 PM

He is of Scottish/Irish decent east/west of Wales/Dublin.

BroncoJoe
12-14-2015, 05:56 PM

Falco tells the truth like .000009% of the time.

DenBronx
12-14-2015, 06:00 PM
This is hilarious!

You're doing it wrong.

What the heck was that? :laugh:

Not sure what happened. Try it again.

DenBronx
12-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Still not working. I don't know how to embed vids like the pros on here.

BroncoJoe
12-14-2015, 06:04 PM
I think we see it - it's just really stupid and pointless.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-14-2015, 09:18 PM
Still not working. I don't know how to embed vids like the pros on here.

What was he saying?

ShaneFalco
12-25-2015, 11:38 PM

somewhere east of Limerick or whatever. Dont remember the exact spot

My family immigrated here around the time of the titanic. Went to ellis island as a kid to see names.

Most of my extended family still live in New York.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 03:51 AM
somewhere east of Limerick or whatever. Dont remember the exact spot My family immigrated here around the time of the titanic. Went to ellis island as a kid to see names. Most of my extended family still live in New York.

So that means you are American, no?

Like second, maybe third generation American.

After thought......i don't understand this weird claim some of you guys have to your immigrant heritage, especially when so many are anti immigration. Lol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 04:37 AM
So that means you are American, no?

Like second, maybe third generation American.

After thought......i don't understand this weird claim some of you guys have to your immigrant heritage, especially when so many are anti immigration. Lol

Anti-immigration, what does that mean to you Dave? That's a pretty broad brush for such a smart dude to be painting with.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 04:50 AM
Anti-immigration, what does that mean to you Dave? That's a pretty broad brush for such a smart dude to be painting with.

First of, the comment was an after thought and not personal to anyone.

Secondly there is also a large section of the UK that is hugely anti immigration. It disgusts me. Especially when our foreign policy helped create the migrant problem in the first place.

But to answer your question.

I guess the international portrayal, backed up by some on this board but largely by high level political candidates and media, and also my own knowledge about how hard it's even as a skilled migrant to move to the states in comparison with other countries is that in general, immigrants are seen as a problem and that there should be stricter controls on who enters your country.

Hell during my visit, some idiot on a bar door was not going to let me in because I did not have a visa.

I think you have been conditioned to fear migrants because rape and terrorism.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 05:42 AM
I think you watch too much tv Dave.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 07:17 AM
I think you watch too much tv Dave.

Hey al you can do better than that. If I am wrong, show me how.

I think it is also worth highlighting the original post you responded to actually used language which did not include everyone. I said "some" and "many".

Also it is hard to make a statement representative of the general mood of 700 million people or however many live in America without using a rather broad brush lol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Hey al you can do better than that. If I am wrong, show me how.

I think it is also worth highlighting the original post you responded to actually used language which did not include everyone. I said "some" and "many".

Also it is hard to make a statement representative of the general mood of 700 million people or however many live in America without using a rather broad brush lol

You're using conjecture and speculation Dave, I don't really know how to address what you're saying.

If you want to find a mass of people who are thoroughly pissed and sensitive about refugees you need to take a long look at Germany.

Regarding your experience; you got in to the country and you got into the bar, legally. I don't think you have any reason to be complaining. You're too much of a man to play the victim card over something like that.

Aside from that, this isn't the place

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 01:13 PM
I don't really see how I was playing a victim, I was providing an anecdotal story about a bar in Denver that checked my passport, called the manager who came down, inspected my passport again, quizzed me about a visa then lectured me. Before letting me in "this once"

That is some weird shit, to me it it's indicative of someone who is suspicious of non Americans. I only really threw it in because you said I watched too much tv.

But even if I got my opinion from tv, that is the international media and how America is portrayed, no media coverage has ever suggested America will welcome refugees or immigrants with open arms.

What did you take exception to more, my dismissal of shane's claim to be Irish or that many people in America are anti immigration.

So based on your reservations about my initial post, I take it you are pro immigration.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 01:24 PM
I don't really see how I was playing a victim, I was providing an anecdotal story about a bar in Denver that checked my passport, called the manager who came down, inspected my passport again, quizzed me about a visa then lectured me. Before letting me in "this once"

That is some weird shit, to me it it's indicative of someone who is suspicious of non Americans. I only really threw it in because you said I watched too much tv.

But even if I got my opinion from tv, that is the international media and how America is portrayed, no media coverage has ever suggested America will welcome refugees or immigrants with open arms.

What did you take exception to more, my dismissal of shane's claim to be Irish or that many people in America are anti immigration.

So based on your reservations about my initial post, I take it you are pro immigration.

I am pro-immigration, but the issue is multi-faceted and complex. Just categorizing a large group of people one at based on media outlets that are mostly liberal is not an accurate picture of how most Americans feel.

This is a very complex issue in the age we live in Dave. That's one reason I don't want to discuss it here. I don't believe this is the place for a long political discussion that will hi-jack the thread.

Regarding your experience, I'm a little surprised you were treated that way if you have a passport.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 01:32 PM
i don't understand this weird claim some of you guys have to your immigrant heritage, especially when so many are anti immigration. Lol

I get you don't want to discuss it, cool.

Here was my original post and point - but I will sanitize it to make it more politically correct.

I find some people in America's strong cultural identity to a country their family originated from over a hundred years ago weird. I would find it even weirder if those people who celebrated their ancestral heritage were anti immigration.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2015, 01:36 PM
I get you don't want to discuss it, cool.

Here was my original post and point - but I will sanitize it to make it more politically correct.

I find some people in America's strong cultural identity to a country their family originated from over a hundred years ago weird. I would find it even weirder if those people who celebrated their ancestral heritage were anti immigration.

I would be happy to discuss it with you my friend, just not in this thread. It also happens to be a discussion that will be fairly time consuming due to the many layers and issues involved.

ShaneFalco
12-26-2015, 07:24 PM
i have no problem with legal immigration.

My family came here legally.

Didnt have to sneak across the border in the middle of the night

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 07:27 PM
i have no problem with legal immigration.

My family came here legally.

Didnt have to sneak across the border in the middle of the night

LOL - at you using legality as a means to judge morality and being dismissive of those who "sneak across the border in the middle of the night"

To explain why i find this so ironic - please see every single one of your posts ever that somehow infer a legal act is either illegal use of power or morally wrong.

ShaneFalco
12-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Yea but its not like you are thrown in a cell for 20 years for crossing the border illegally, you are deported.

Does the punishment fit the crime?

ShaneFalco
12-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Its not like i blame people who come here illegally, and i dont blame the government for deporting them when they dont follow the legal way into the country. I blame the policies that create a destabilized south America.

Hell if i lived in a Narco Controlled state, and i had a family. You bet i would die trying to get them into America.

ShaneFalco
12-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Do you think being deported is as bad as serving 20 years because of mandatory minimum sentences?

I certainly don't. To me it always comes down to the punishment fitting the crime.

Frankly the US bends over backwards with legal immigration. And while it can be exhausting and a lot of "red tape". We still accept a huge amount of immigrants every year legally. Which is exactly how my family came into this country. Through those channels, decades ago.

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Jesus Shane. Touched a nerve much.

I never realised you were so pro government

ShaneFalco
12-26-2015, 07:56 PM
haha. Dont tell anybody, they think i am an anarchist.

ShaneFalco
12-26-2015, 08:00 PM
i just think borders matter.

They are at the heart of the sovereignty of a country.

Dave do you feel deportation is a bad punishment?

Valar Morghulis
12-26-2015, 08:10 PM
i just think borders matter. They are at the heart of the sovereignty of a country. Dave do you feel deportation is a bad punishment?

I don't agree with illegal immigration.

DenBronx
12-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Sooooo that Conor Mcgregor guys pretty damn good huh?

Jsteve01
12-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Mcgregor is really good but I really want to see a rematch with Aldo

ShaneFalco
01-09-2016, 03:09 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/conor-mcgregor-responds-to-floyd-mayweather-s-claim-that-his-success-is-due-to-racial-bias-023231172-mma.html

“Floyd Mayweather, don't ever bring race into my success again,” McGregor said in a recent social media post. “I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood.

“In my family's long history of warfare there was a time where just having the name 'McGregor' was punishable by death. Do not ever put me in a bracket like this again. If you want we can [organize] a fight no problem.”

McGregor continued, proclaiming he would give Mayweather an “80-20 split purse” – favoring McGregor of course – saying, “seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue.”

ShaneFalco
03-04-2016, 08:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qq6mMVR1ng
"You're like a gazelle, all bunched up together, hoping that you get spared. I'm a lion in there and I'm going to eat you alive," McGregor said. "Your little gazelle friends are going to be staring through the cage, looking at you getting your carcass eaten alive and they can do nothing. All they gonna do is say 'We're never going to cross this river again'.

LOL. cant wait for this fight vs diaz

ShaneFalco
03-04-2016, 08:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzPdNj627g

"I like vegas, i buried 3 bodies clean out here"

this guy trash talk is great.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-04-2016, 10:23 PM
The press conference was great. Every other word from Diaz was bleeped

BroncoJoe
03-05-2016, 08:35 AM
I fricking HATE Diaz and hope McGregor kills him. Literally.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-05-2016, 05:38 PM
I fricking HATE Diaz and hope McGregor kills him. Literally.

I'm not sure who annoys me more, to be honest. I hope it's a dual knockout in the 4th round.

Valar Morghulis
03-06-2016, 08:47 AM
I wonder where Diaz gets his protein

chazoe60
03-06-2016, 09:17 AM
I wonder where Diaz gets his protein

Straight from the spigget, so to speak.

BroncoJoe
03-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Well, McGregor pummeled Diaz early, but his one true weakness showed and he got beat.

Too bad. :(

chazoe60
03-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Well, McGregor pummeled Diaz early, but his one true weakness showed and he got beat.

Too bad. :(

That was a weird fight. McGregor was in control then he just hit a wall. He got hit with one good punch them couldn't protect himself. Between that fight and Holly's loss it just proves how important it is to have a ground game.

I'll always believe the best base from which to build an MMA fighter from is wrestling.

BroncoJoe
03-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Yep - and the fact Diaz didn't have to make weight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Yep - and the fact Diaz didn't have to make weight.

Well, the fact he took the fight on 2 weeks notice and had better stamina than McGregor is a credit to him, not that I'm a fan.

Personally, I was glad to see the hype train come off the tracks. The fact that McGregor was allowed to get a lightweight title shot before he even defended the featherweight title made the UFC look like a joke, IMO.

He doesn't deserve to fight Dos Anjos before Ferguson or the Eagle, or even Diaz for that matter. Leapfrogging legitimate lightweight contenders exposes why Dana White is hindering the credibility of the UFC.

ShaneFalco
03-06-2016, 08:44 PM
yea diaz had like 10 lbs on him.

Wanted mcgregor to win, but he said he is coming back! so we will see.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-06-2016, 10:31 PM
yea diaz had like 10 lbs on him.

Wanted mcgregor to win, but he said he is coming back! so we will see.

Diaz weighed in 1 pound heavier.

ShaneFalco
03-08-2016, 01:31 AM
yea but the mcgregors style cant drop people at that weight.

And had never taken hits from someone at that weight.

Weight means alot for the style you fight in MMA. I thought he was foolish for moving up, but he won last 15 fights, so might as well try.