PDA

View Full Version : As Brock Osweiler learns on the job, defenses do their homework

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2015, 04:22 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- By the time Denver Broncos quarterback Brock Osweiler threw the fourth pass of his second start, he had already tossed more passes in a three-game span -- one relief appearance to go with the first two starts -- than he had in the previous three NFL seasons combined.

While Osweiler continues to learn the ins and outs of being a starting quarterback, defenses are going to school on him as well. And though Osweiler is 3-0 as a starter, it's been clear in the past two starts, defenses are starting to adjust to the Broncos offense with him behind center.

"I’ve seen some things," Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said. "I think he’s kind of seen a little bit of everything the last three weeks. One thing that he’s learned, probably more than anything, is that you can study film all you want during the week, but on game day people have a plan. When you go out there and it’s time to go execute your stuff, this is their plan for the day, so these are things that you have to do. This is the way that you may have to play today for us to win.

"That’s what he’s learning, because so many times as a player you go practice and practice and say, 'Well, that didn’t look the same.' No joke, it doesn’t always look the same, so you have to adjust. That’s something that he’s learning."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/16964/as-brock-osweiler-learns-on-the-job-defenses-are-doing-their-homework-as-well

TXBRONC
12-08-2015, 04:44 PM
rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/16964/as-brock-osweiler-learns-on-the-job-defenses-are-doing-their-homework-as-well

Well if Denver can keep running the ball effectively Osweiler should be fine.

Northman
12-08-2015, 05:01 PM
"That’s what he’s learning, because so many times as a player you go practice and practice and say, 'Well, that didn’t look the same.' No joke, it doesn’t always look the same, so you have to adjust. That’s something that he’s learning."

I can definitely see this as to how it was applied this past week with SD. It looked like he went in thinking he could do all the same things he did against Chicago and NE but when SD adjusted he didnt adjust with it which i think lead to some of his struggles later in the game.