PDA

View Full Version : Zone 40 Game Console

Shazam!
09-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Has anyone else heard of, seen this or know anyone who tried it?

The Zone 40 is a wireless gaming console that is a clear Wii ripoff, it even looks like the Wii. It has two Wiimote-like handhelds with motion controls and 40 built-in games in a variety of genres.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-alternative-to-WII-System-40-games-included_W0QQitemZ320424823156QQcmdZViewItemQQimsx Z20090916?IMSfp=TL090916176004r25812

http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!BZwuyl!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBKoRk)ZJP!~~_35.J PG

I saw it in CVS for $38 and thought of picking it up just to monkey around with it. I wouldn't spend $200+ for a Wii because I play mainly my XBox, but it's less than a full priced 360 game so meh. Many of the games didn't look too bad, but you'd never mistake them for what you'd see on today's consoles. I'm sure they're simplistic.

But for $40 seems like a decent deal.

I think the console itself runs on batteries. 4 AAs for the console and 2 AAAs for each remote. That's a lot of batteries and if that's the case it's a turnoff.

Shazam!
09-22-2009, 09:26 PM
I just picked up this Wii clone for $29.99. In a few days after I hook it up I'll post a review.

MasterShake
09-22-2009, 09:41 PM
I just picked up this Wii clone for $29.99. In a few days after I hook it up I'll post a review.

I heard about this about a month ago. All the reviews on youtube show this to be EXACTLY what you pay for. The graphics would not look out of place on the Sega Master System, and there is no true motion control on 34 of the games (and barely enough on the ones that have it). I recommend taking it back before you open it.

Shazam!
09-22-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm sure it dopesn't have graphics that can compare to anything on today's consoles, but for $30 I figured why not, if it sucks I'll take it back. It's graphics were compared to the Genesis or SNES.

The reason is only has fewer games with 'motion controls' is that it was originally called the Zone 7 with 7 built-in motion games and it added a few more, to total 11.

Whatever, if it sucks I'll return it after I check it out.

Shazam!
10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
It's not terrible at all. It has the graphics of I'd say a Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis, but not quite of another 16 Bit console, the Turbografx 16.

Fencing, Tennis, Ping Pong, and the Legendary Axe/Golden Axe clone games are pretty good.

Easily worth $30 for a cheap Wii-clone and family fun.

Reidman
10-01-2009, 11:03 PM
It's not terrible at all. It has the graphics of I'd say a Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis, but not quite of another 16 Bit console, the Turbografx 16.

Fencing, Tennis, Ping Pong, and the Legendary Axe/Golden Axe clone games are pretty good.

Easily worth $30 for a cheap Wii-clone and family fun.

Tell me it has bowling and I'm in...

Shazam!
10-02-2009, 12:40 AM
It has Bowling, Tennis, Ping Pong, Golf, Baseball, Fencing, and a few other motion-control games I cannot remember. I only played tennis, ping pong and fencing (these were 2P games) so far w/ the motion controls and they're fun. There are like 28 other games of varying quality that you hold the remote like a traditional controller. I like Sword of the Warrior, a weird overhead Golden/Legendary Axe type clone.

It has graphics that I think are slightly better than a NES or SMS (8 Bit consoles) and are comparable more to lower 16 bit consoles.

The base runs on 4 AA batteries (can be powered by AC adapter, purchased seperately at Radio Shack) and the remotes run on 3 AAAs each.

It doesn't have Wii graphics or anything remotely comparable to current consoles, though. If you already have a 360 or PS3 for hardcore games like Call of Duty or Halo, it is the perfect complimenting system for basic family fun.

It is definitely worth $30 that's for damn sure. I'm very happy I got it. I saw it at a CVS for $40. A week later it was on sale for $30. Then I had to get it for that price.

I am glad I added it to my collection of gaming consoles. It is worthy.

*Atwater*
10-02-2009, 05:06 PM
I seen it at Dollar General a few months ago for like $20.00 and thought about buying it.

Benetto
10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V5Y2MYF1QQ

Shazam!
10-02-2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V5Y2MYF1QQ

...and?

Of course it can't be compared to anything from today's consoles. But for $20? That's less than 50 cents a game. I would be skeptical to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a current console for my kids. Like many people I know, their Wii made a good dust collecting bookend in their entertainment units after just a few weeks, but also because they can break it. These aren't the days of old Sega and Nintendo machines and cartridges when you can throw 'em and drop 'em.

It doesn't compare to current consoles, but for $20? Shit, a new 360 controller costs $50!

Some complaints I've read were sound issues and other glitches, I have had none so far. That could be a weak battery problem.

MasterShake
10-02-2009, 08:41 PM
...and?

Of course it can't be compared to anything from today's consoles. But for $20? That's less than 50 cents a game. I would be skeptical to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a current console for my kids. Like many people I know, their Wii made a good dust collecting bookend in their entertainment units after just a few weeks, but also because they can break it. These aren't the days of old Sega and Nintendo machines and cartridges when you can throw 'em and drop 'em.

It doesn't compare to current consoles, but for $20? Shit, a new 360 controller costs $50!

Some complaints I've read were sound issues and other glitches, I have had none so far. That could be a weak battery problem.

I don't know, man. If its just like a 16 bit gaming console I'd just stick with emulators. They are free. Glad you like it though, like you said for the price you get quite a few games. I just imagined if I bought it, it would collect dust after about a week or so.

Shazam!
10-02-2009, 08:45 PM
But the emulators don't have the motion remotes. That's the difference.

It isn't going to be my console of choice, which is my 360. Just a complimetary system. My gf likes it a lot. She's been whipping my ass.

MasterShake
10-02-2009, 08:50 PM
But the emulators don't have the motion remotes. That's the difference.

It isn't going to be my console of choice, which is my 360. Just a complimetary system. My gf likes it a lot. She's been whipping my ass.

Yeah, but I think that motion stuff is hokey to me. On my friends Wii the only games I really enjoy playing is the Resident Evil one where you use the controller like a gun, and Mario Kart is fun with the wheel. Otherwise, when I played Zelda and Mario I really wanted to put in the GameCube controller. My favorite controller of all time pre analog is still the SNES one. Actually, the one I play my SNES emulator on is pretty good, too. Its like a cross between a Playstation and Super Nintendo controller.

CrazyHorse
10-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Wii seems to have a lot of clones. The most popular clones are still the NES ones. There were tons of them.