PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 14 (Raiders week)

Denver Native (Carol)
12-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Broncos Injury Update: C.J. Anderson, DeMarcus Ware, David Bruton Jr., T.J. Ward and more

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Unfortunately for the Broncos, the number of players on their injured list surpasses their win total so far this season.

"We're in a situation at a few spots where we're just going to have to really [say], 'Look, it's going to be a week-to-week process for us,' getting to next Sunday and finding a way to be our best against the Raiders," Head Coach Gary Kubiak said.

"We've got some issues to deal with, and we'll try not to get too far ahead right now. We'll get to Wednesday and get back to work."

But when the Broncos do get back to practice, they might be short-handed, depending on how their walking wounded heal.

rest - plus video - info on all injured players
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Update-CJ-Anderson-DeMarcus-Ware-David-Bruton-Jr-TJ-Ward-and-more/41004a9c-5f2d-4c06-9274-bb4270722d4b

OrangeHoof
12-07-2015, 06:48 PM
I want Ward and Williams back for Cincy. That will be important. They are having to use Roby as a safety because they are so thin there.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-07-2015, 07:27 PM
I want Ward and Williams back for Cincy. That will be important. They are having to use Roby as a safety because they are so thin there.

It seems like the run defense has actually been better since Williams went out.

tripp
12-07-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm excited for if/when DeMarcus Ware comes back healthy. Will help rejuvenate the front 7. I'm also curious if Kubes will introduce some new plays to Oz. I could be wrong, feels like the entire play book isn't open to Brock just yet.

CrazyHorse
12-07-2015, 11:23 PM

Bengals have been very lucky when it comes to injuries this year. I still think it's funny the Patriots fans blame the refs and injuries for their loss. They're not the only team that's dealt with questionable officiating and losing players.

wayninja
12-08-2015, 12:12 AM
I heard Rahim Moore was a healthy scratch. Let's see if we can get him back.

:behindsofa:

TXBRONC
12-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Bengals have been very lucky when it comes to injuries this year. I still think it's funny the Patriots fans blame the refs and injuries for their loss. They're not the only team that's dealt with questionable officiating and losing players.

For ****Patsy fans every loss is a conspiracy.

VonDoom
12-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 26m26 minutes ago

#broncos waive Christian Ponder. He became luxury w Manning's health improving and the need to try to add defensive back depth

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 22m22 minutes ago

#Broncos are expected to add a defensive back this week for depth with Ward and Bruton likely to miss Sunday's game

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2015, 07:26 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos waived QB Christian Ponder on Tuesday, leaving them with 52 players on the primary roster, including three quarterbacks -- one of whom, Peyton Manning, will not play this week as he continues his recovery from a plantar fascia tear.

The roster vacancy leaves the Broncos room to make a move as soon as Wednesday. That spot could be used to address the safety position, which is coping with injuries to T.J. Ward, David Bruton Jr. and Omar Bolden.

AND

Denver also made two practice-squad transactions, releasing offensive tackle Antonio Johnson and adding offensive lineman Cameron Jefferson to take his spot.

Jefferson, a 6-foot-5, 317-pound product of Arkansas, spent the summer with the Chicago Bears after being signed as an undrafted free agent May 3. The Bears waived him Aug. 30.

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-waive-Christian-Ponder-make-two-practice-squad-moves/0d947fa4-427f-4333-aa13-3d59b2fe6201

VonDoom
12-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Bad news - we've got Vinovich as the ref this week. I believe the prevailing theory is that he hates Manning, not the Broncos in general, right? That might help us. Also, we're wearing blue again, so that should offset any ref problems

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3h3

Per #Broncos, they worked out 17 players Tuesday including safeties Stevie Brown, Chris Clemons and Jeromy Miles and ex-CSU LB Aaron Davis

SR
12-08-2015, 09:43 PM
If Denver is going to pick a game where nearly half of their starting defensive players are out (Ward, Bruton, Danny T, Ware, Sly), this would be the one.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-08-2015, 10:00 PM
If Denver is going to pick a game where nearly half of their starting defensive players are out (Ward, Bruton, Danny T, Ware, Sly), this would be the one.

Oakland scares me more than SD.

tomjonesrocks
12-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Oakland scares me more than SD.

If this defense can stop Rivers like they did last week it can stop Carr. And Raidaz D isn't upper-tier.

I think they'll be motivated and injuries are a concern but it could be another snooze if the D has a repeat performance. If Ware is in Carr will be under a lot of pressure.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-08-2015, 11:35 PM
If this defense can stop Rivers like they did last week it can stop Carr. And Raidaz D isn't upper-tier.

I think they'll be motivated and injuries are a concern but it could be another snooze if the D has a repeat performance. If Ware is in Carr will be under a lot of pressure.

I think we'll win, but they have a proud team, and Carr can make big plays with his feet if the pocket breaks down. He's fairly fast for a qb, and has a strong arm to push it down the field. The Raiders will score more than 3 points.

I'd be fine with squeaking out a close win if we get another dominant performance against the Bengals and Steelers. :D

VonDoom
12-08-2015, 11:38 PM

I'd love to have Ware back for this game, even if we ease him in. Carr hasn't been great lately but is still dangerous. Gotta control the pace of the game again, even if it means grinding out three yard runs. It would be better for our banged up defense if they weren't on the field a lot.

spikerman
12-09-2015, 06:49 AM
With Pittsburgh up next I hope the team doesn't lose focus. The Raiders are a dangerous team. In a way, the injuries may help because the younger guys are going to want to impress.

VonDoom
12-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Here are our playoff scenarios for this week:

DENVER BRONCOS (vs. Oakland, Sunday)

Denver clinches AFC West division with:

DEN win + KC loss or tie OR

DEN tie + KC loss

Denver clinches a playoff spot with:

DEN win + NYJ loss or tie OR

DEN win + PIT loss or tie OR

DEN tie + NYJ loss OR

DEN tie + PIT loss

VonDoom
12-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Broncos sign former Texans S Shiloh Keo as depth:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m16 minutes ago

Keo a 5-year vet. Most of his experience came in Houston under defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. Provides depth bc of injuries

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 15m15 minutes ago

A lesson for the kids: Tweeting the defensive coordinator works

------------

These are Tweets between Keo and Phillips last week, when we moved up Josh Bush:

Shiloh Keo ‏@kaleo10 Dec 1

@sonofbum didn't want to pick me up huh?

Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum Dec 1

@kaleo10 Keo--Josh was with us in camp and first 4 games-u know how much I think of u--hope that little Keo is doing well

Shiloh Keo ‏@kaleo10 Dec 1

@sonofbum I hear ya, still the same system tho. Little man is doing great. Keep me in mind tho if things don't pan out

Denver Native (Carol)
12-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 16m

Expectation is that #Broncos DeMarcus Ware will play this week. Sly Williams has decent shot. Would be surprise if Ward played.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 48m

CJ Anderson stretched but not doing light drills

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 49m

Danny Trevathan Vernon Davis not at walk through- in concussion protocol - CJ Anderson is walking through #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 54m

Sylvester Williams attending walk through- TJ Ward is not #9news #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Broncos so banged up, practice is an indoor walkthrough.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 52m

The #Broncos had 17 players combined who were either held out of Wednesday's practice or were limited -- 8 held out, 9 limited.

tripp
12-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Doesn't look too good, but we have a lot of good depth on this team.

VonDoom
12-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 14m14 minutes ago

Ronnie Hillman is practicing, doesn't look like CJ Anderson is. Sly Williams, DeMarcus Ware both practicing. #Broncos

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 14m14 minutes ago

David Bruton Jr, TJ Ward not practicing

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 12m12 minutes ago

Vernon Davis back at practice.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

I don't see Shane Ray at practice either

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

Peyton Manning was not at practice, but it doesn't mean he didn't throw outside of practice as was the plan. #Broncos

VonDoom
12-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m3 minutes ago

Raiders gonna get a big dose of Juwan Thompson this week.

VonDoom
12-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

Shane Ray missed practice due to illness

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 37s38 seconds ago

Vernon Davis cleared to practice

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 28s28 seconds ago

Kubiak expects CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman to go full tomorrow. Said there's a chance Juwan Thompson could start.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 54s55 seconds ago

Kubiak said the injury report is "the longest list he's ever had."

Peyton Manning did same routine today. Threw and did drill work on Thursday. Felt good after Wednesday. He's ruled out for game obviously

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 29s29 seconds ago

Kubiak expects Sly Williams to play Sunday.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13s13 seconds ago

If Trevathan not cleared could go number of directions. Todd Davis and Corey Nelson candidates to start

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Kubiak said Ware is making really good progress if no setbacks he should play Sunday.

VonDoom
12-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 5m5 minutes ago

OC Rick Dennison on @bosweiler17 impressions: “It’s not an easy deal to get 10 guys to follow you."

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

STC DeCamillis on new safety @kaleo10: “You’ll see him on special teams this Sunday, I can tell you that.”

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 44s44 seconds ago

DeCamillis: "All of us expect [@thekidmcmanus] to make it, because he started so fast. Every once in a while going to miss [long kicks]."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Keo, Norwood, and Sanders working punt return w bolden hurting. Keo will be active on Sunday to play special teams

VonDoom
12-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware said he's been pain-free for two weeks.

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 58s58 seconds ago

From the locker room:
@DeMarcusWare: "I've done everything I can to play a lil' ball this week."

DeMarcus Ware: "I don't really think about how many snaps (I'll play). I think about how many times I can get to the quarterback."

TXBRONC
12-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Here are our playoff scenarios for this week:

DENVER BRONCOS (vs. Oakland, Sunday)

Denver clinches AFC West division with:

DEN win + KC loss or tie OR

DEN tie + KC loss

Denver clinches a playoff spot with:

DEN win + NYJ loss or tie OR

DEN win + PIT loss or tie OR

DEN tie + NYJ loss OR

DEN tie + PIT loss

So one of two teams has to lose this weekend and Denver has to win.

VonDoom
12-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 22m22 minutes ago

Uh oh - CJ Anderson not practicing

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 21m21 minutes ago

Ronnie Hillman is practicing

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago

Clarification: David Bruton getting some reps. Expectation remains that josh bush and keo will be needed for some snaps. #broncos

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 14m14 minutes ago

David Bruton Jr. was in drills with the rest of the secondary. Good sign for him.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

No T.J. Ward (high ankle sprain) or Danny Trevathan (concussion). ... Those who don't practice on Fridays rarely play.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 46s47 seconds ago

Looked like C.J. Anderson tried to practice, but after test took off pad shell and helmet. Doesn't look good for Sunday #9news #9sports

wayninja
12-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Looked like C.J. Anderson tried to practice, but after test took off pad shell and helmet. Doesn't look good for Sunday #9news #9sports

Juwan to bet who's gonna fill in for him?

underrated29
12-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Juwan to bet who's gonna fill in for him?

Kapri Bibbs!

wayninja
12-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Nah, but I bet Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary are tweeting Rick Dennison right now!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Kapri Bibbs!

Stahp!

Davii
12-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Nah, but I bet Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary are tweeting Rick Dennison right now!

1m 5s
@MikeAnderson
Hey @BigRick72, just wanted 2 say, keep me in mind for Sunday. I'm not as good as I once was, but for 10 carries I'm a BEAST!

17m
@DaBigO-landis
@BigRick72, tell @Kubes my knees are lubed and ready! I guarantee I can make 3.something YPC for AT LEAST the first half!

VonDoom
12-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos injury report: OUT - TJ Ward, Danny Trevathan, Peyton Manning.
QUESTIONABLE - Bruton, CJ, Hillman, Vernon, Fowler, Caldwell.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Kubiak said CJ Anderson still "very sore." Still a chance he could play. Ronnie Hillman is "fine."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

Ronnie Hillman will start at RB. Vernon Davis is expected to play.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

Todd Davis will start at LB for Danny Trevathan. "No guy has had a better week of practice," Kubiak said of Davis.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware has a "damn good chance" of playing Sunday, Kubiak said.

Peyton Manning did same drills today. Throwing. Light drill work. It's unclear if will watch from sideline or lockerroom. #broncos

Todd Davis will take Brandon Marshall's spot. Marshall will move to Trevathan's spot on the weak side.

Magnificent Seven
12-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Are Broncos going to wear their full blue uniforms this Sunday? I remember they have plans to wear full blue uniforms twice this season.

LawDog
12-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Are Broncos going to wear their full blue uniforms this Sunday? I remember they have plans to wear full blue uniforms twice this season.

http://denversunpost.com/2015/08/broncos-alternate-uniforms-2015-denver-to-wear-blue-jerseys-against-packers-and-raiders/

Per this article, going with the all blues on Sunday.

olathebroncofan
12-11-2015, 07:21 PM

1m 5s
@MikeAnderson
Hey @BigRick72, just wanted 2 say, keep me in mind for Sunday. I'm not as good as I once was, but for 10 carries I'm a BEAST!

17m
@DaBigO-landis
@BigRick72, tell @Kubes my knees are lubed and ready! I guarantee I can make 3.something YPC for AT LEAST the first half! Add in Davis as our third down back and we ride that bad boy all the way to Arizona!

LawDog
12-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Add in Davis as our third down back and we ride that bad boy all the way to Arizona!

Assume you mean Santa Clara where the SB is this February.

olathebroncofan
12-12-2015, 08:12 AM
Add in Davis as our third down back and we ride that bad boy all the way to Arizona!

Assume you mean Santa Clara where the SB is this February.

Dang auto correct!

Cugel
12-12-2015, 01:59 PM
http://denversunpost.com/2015/08/broncos-alternate-uniforms-2015-denver-to-wear-blue-jerseys-against-packers-and-raiders/

Per this article, going with the all blues on Sunday.

I don't know why they don't go to the all blues permanently. They won 2 SBs with the Blues, and lost 5 with the Orange. Elway never lost 1 game in the blues (he keeps saying).

Dzone
12-12-2015, 02:29 PM
All Blues tomorrow? The blue pants too? Sweet. That is a sleek look. All blues are badass. Plus we usually play good in them.

Valar Morghulis
12-12-2015, 02:32 PM
All Blues tomorrow? The blue pants too? Sweet. That is a sleek look. All blues are badass. Plus we usually play good in them.

Mo loves the all blue

SR
12-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Mo loves the all blue

Probably more than any other sports uniform ever I would think.

Valar Morghulis
12-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Looks like Boss-weiler is having a dance off

TXBRONC
12-12-2015, 11:07 PM
I know as player Elway disliked them.