PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Control #1 Seed

OrangeHoof
12-06-2015, 07:37 PM
With New England's surprise loss to Philadelphia, the three top teams in the AFC all have two losses. But the Broncos have an advantage because they defeated the Patriots. If they defeat Cincinnati later in the season, they should own any tiebreaker, meaning they control their destiny for the #1 seed.

Nomad
12-06-2015, 07:49 PM
BRONCOS win one game at a time....Raiders up next.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2015, 08:21 PM
BRONCOS win one game at a time....Raiders up next.

Okay, Bill Belichick. :lol:

OrangeFanatic
12-06-2015, 08:44 PM
The Broncos curse seems to continue on to undefeated teams we beat.

Simple Jaded
12-06-2015, 08:45 PM
What's the point if the Broncos offense doesn't scoring more points? Might as well cancel the season.

Magnificent Seven
12-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Thank you, Philadelphia!

(Rocky was in 1976. Me in 2014)

tripp
12-06-2015, 09:51 PM
If we want to go to the SB, we'll most likely have to go through New England. If that's the case, I hope it's in Denver. The loss to Philly tonight has helped that immensely.

Cugel
12-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Okay, Bill Belichick.

"I'm not talking about that. We're on to playing Oakland this week and that's what our focus is. We're looking forward to playing the Raiders and they're a good football team and we're looking forward to a tough game. We're just taking it one game at a time."

How's my Belichick?

Dapper Dan
12-06-2015, 11:41 PM
On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.

Cugel
12-07-2015, 12:02 AM
On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.

That's what it says on W.C. Fields tombstone.

EastCoastBronco
12-08-2015, 01:13 PM
3 out 4 remaining games at home...
I like our chances.

Ziggy
12-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Pittsburgh in Pitt is the tough one in my mind. They score an absurd amount of points at home, and it's a tough atmosphere to play in. The Cinci game will have a ton on the line, so we know that Dalton is good for 2-3 interceptions.

Slick
12-08-2015, 01:48 PM
I think barring a catastrophe it's safe to say at worst Denver goes 12-4. I don't see them losing to Oakland or San Diego at home. Pittsburgh and Cincy make me a little nervous, especially if they can shut down Denver's running game. I'm not sure Denver's defense can shut down teams the remaining 4 games like they did last Sunday.

Denver may control their own destiny but I don't think they can win out. They're going to need *NE and Cincy to lose another game.

TXBRONC
12-08-2015, 02:10 PM
I think barring a catastrophe it's safe to say at worst Denver goes 12-4. I don't see them losing to Oakland or San Diego at home. Pittsburgh and Cincy make me a little nervous, especially if they can shut down Denver's running game. I'm not sure Denver's defense can shut down teams the remaining 4 games like they did last Sunday.

Denver may control their own destiny but I don't think they can win out. They're going to need *NE and Cincy to lose another game.

At best you they go 2-2 down the stretch even with 3 out of 4 remaining games at home. I doubt it. They may not run the table but I sure don't see them losing to both the Steelers and Bengals.

Davii
12-08-2015, 02:36 PM
We're going to win out. Ware back this week, TJ, etc all coming back. Our D might be fully ready again like week 1. If so, it's wrecking time. The only question in my mind is what happens with 18. Does he return? If so, how does he play?

Slick
12-08-2015, 02:40 PM
At best you they go 2-2 down the stretch even with 3 out of 4 remaining games at home. I doubt it. They may not run the table but I sure don't see them losing to both the Steelers and Bengals.

I think they'll go 13-3, which is a fantastic record but *NE and Cincy have only 2 losses. The one game Denver can't afford to lose would be the Cincinnati game (or the Raiders or Chargers games obviously).

EastCoastBronco
12-08-2015, 03:02 PM
New England has 3 out the last 4 on the road.
At Houston this week.
At the Jets 2 weeks from now.

Watt is going to be all over Brady's ass.
I can't remember the last time the Cheatriots lost 3 in a row but I'm thinking Houston will give them a go.

NightTerror218
12-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Nice to have some home game. Cinch game will be just like a playoff game. Is this a prime time game? Maybe dalton will lay an egg.

I think we go 2-2 down the stretch with a loss in Pitt and this weekend to the raiders. Loss to raiders is because defense is so banged up and may sit a lot of players to be ready for cincy. We have Stewart as only healthy safety basically.

TXBRONC
12-08-2015, 04:39 PM
At Houston this week.

I can't remember the last time the Cheatriots lost 3 in a row but I'm thinking Houston will give them a go.

I'm sure ****Shady is looking forward to having Watt all over his ass.

TXBRONC
12-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Nice to have some home game. Cinch game will be just like a playoff game. Is this a prime time game? Maybe dalton will lay an egg.

I think we go 2-2 down the stretch with a loss in Pitt and this weekend to the raiders. Loss to raiders is because defense is so banged up and may sit a lot of players to be ready for cincy. We have Stewart as only healthy safety basically.

It sounds like Ware will be back this week maybe even Ward as well.

Dapper Dan
12-08-2015, 06:06 PM
I hope we win all of the games everywheres.

BroncoJoe
12-08-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm thinking 4-1 or even 5-0. There really isn't a team out there that really scares me. We might falter somewhere, but I just don't see it.

All depending on QB play, that is - whoever is playing.

Canmore
12-08-2015, 06:35 PM

Cincy is on Monday night.

Ravage!!!
12-08-2015, 06:45 PM

I don't think we 'sit' anyone with the seeds being so important. It's not like we can simply afford to give away games.

Ravage!!!
12-08-2015, 06:46 PM
I'm thinking 4-1 or even 5-0. There really isn't a team out there that really scares me. We might falter somewhere, but I just don't see it.

All depending on QB play, that is - whoever is playing.

I think Pitt and Cinci won't require a 'falter' in order to beat us.

Cugel
12-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Of course, it might not come down to which team has a bye week. 3 out of the last 5 SB winners were 10-6, 9-7 and 10-6 (Packers, Giants and Ravens). They were respectively the #6, #4 and #6 seeds. It didn't matter.

I'd say Denver could use the bye because they need time to heal up and rest (especially on their OL). But, having home field advantage in the AFC Title game didn't help the Patriots in 2012 or 2013. And having the #1 seed and #2 seed didn't help the Broncos in 2012 and 2014.

Slick
12-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Of course, it might not come down to which team has a bye week. 3 out of the last 5 SB winners were 10-6, 9-7 and 10-6 (Packers, Giants and Ravens). They were respectively the #6, #4 and #6 seeds. It didn't matter.

I'd say Denver could use the bye because they need time to heal up and rest (especially on their OL). But, having home field advantage in the AFC Title game didn't help the Patriots in 2012 or 2013. And having the #1 seed and #2 seed didn't help the Broncos in 2012 and 2014.

I agree with you but the thread is about Denver getting the 1 seed.

NightTerror218
12-08-2015, 10:33 PM
I don't think we 'sit' anyone with the seeds being so important. It's not like we can simply afford to give away games.

Sit players who are not 100% to get them 100% for playoffs. Not worth pushing a player back onto field early and lose them for weeks in playoffs.

Magnificent Seven
12-09-2015, 12:43 AM
Cincy is on Monday night.

FYI: QB Andy Dalton sucks in prime time games. I am sure Broncos will dominate Bengals at our house!

Cugel
12-09-2015, 01:36 AM
I agree with you but the thread is about Denver getting the 1 seed.

If Denver gets the #2 seed it would almost guarantee they win at least their first playoff game, because they'd get a week off to get healthy.

Going on the road to Cinci or N.E. would be difficult. Winning those road games would demand great defensive play.

Having the #1 seed would naturally be an advantage. But, it's really difficult to imagine a rookie QB winning a SB. I don't think any QB in NFL history has ever won the SB in his first season as a starter.

CrazyHorse
12-09-2015, 04:02 AM
At Houston this week.

I didn't foresee the Patriots losing to the Eagles but I thought it was possible they could lose to the Texans or Jets. Hopefully both. Ideally the Broncos are the 1st seed and Bengals are 2nd.

We're going to win out. Ware back this week, TJ, etc all coming back. Our D might be fully ready again like week 1. If so, it's wrecking time. The only question in my mind is what happens with 18. Does he return? If so, how does he play?

I think we stick with Brock for now but keep him on an short leash. Fully healthy I think Manning plays like he did against Green Bay. I'd like to see him start the final game against the Chargers just to get a feel of how well he can play. It also gives him a chance at the wins record. I feel confident in this team that i'm comfortable with either QB going forward.

TXBRONC
12-09-2015, 08:17 AM
I didn't foresee the Patriots losing to the Eagles but I thought it was possible they could lose to the Texans or Jets. Hopefully both. Ideally the Broncos are the 1st seed and Bengals are 2nd.

I think we stick with Brock for now but keep him on an short leash. Fully healthy I think Manning plays like he did against Green Bay. I'd like to see him start the final game against the Chargers just to get a feel of how well he can play. It also gives him a chance at the wins record. I feel confident in this team that i'm comfortable with either QB going forward.

No one could have foreseen the ****Patriots losing to Eagles. They (the Eagles) had just come off back to back blowout losses.

Davii
12-09-2015, 10:32 AM
If Denver gets the #2 seed it would almost guarantee they win at least their first playoff game, because they'd get a week off to get healthy.

Going on the road to Cinci or N.E. would be difficult. Winning those road games would demand great defensive play.

Having the #1 seed would naturally be an advantage. But, it's really difficult to imagine a rookie QB winning a SB. I don't think any QB in NFL history has ever won the SB in his first season as a starter.

This is Os' first season as a starter, but he is certainly not a rookie. He has developed and plays better now than he did back then.

Ravage!!!
12-09-2015, 11:18 AM

You mean other than Kurt Warner, *Tom Brady, and Russel Wilson.

**edit: Wilson was in his second season. My bad.

TXBRONC
12-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Tom Brady....Kurt Warner... Russel Wilson...

Wilson was in his second season as a starter but you are correct about ****Shady and Warner. :beer:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-09-2015, 11:28 AM
I think there is a real good chance that Pittsburgh can beat Cincy this coming Sunday

Ravage!!!
12-09-2015, 11:29 AM
No one could have foreseen the ****Patriots losing to Eagles. They (the Eagles) had just come off back to back blowout losses.

Not to mention I think its's been 56 games since the *Patriots have lost back-to-back games. The next closests was something like 15.

Ravage!!!
12-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Wilson was in his second season as a starter but you are correct about ****Shady and Warner. :beer:

Ahhh.. damn....you're right.

TXBRONC
12-09-2015, 11:30 AM
I think there is a real good chance that Pittsburgh can beat Cincy this coming Sunday

As obvious as this sounds the only sure way for Denver to get the number one seed is to run the table.

Ravage!!!
12-09-2015, 11:32 AM

absolutely

Denver Native (Carol)
12-09-2015, 11:50 AM
As obvious as this sounds the only sure way for Denver to get the number one seed is to run the table.

I totally understand that.

Slick
12-09-2015, 12:05 PM

I'm pulling for the Steelers this Sunday for sure.

Nomad
12-09-2015, 12:31 PM

Pittsburgh looked good on Sunday night. I'm looking forward to the game between the BRONCOS/Steelers.

underrated29
12-09-2015, 12:40 PM
didnt Big Ben win a SB as a rookie with the Steel?

Also, I think the Steelers are better than the bengals and present a worse matchup for us.

OrangeHoof
12-09-2015, 01:03 PM

Technically, Osweiler is not a rookie. It does concern me that, in his 2 road starts, Ozzy could manage just 17 points each and one was aided by a defensive touchdown.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-09-2015, 01:31 PM

Yep, hopefully they emotionally and physically drain each other, while our starters only need 2 quarters of play this Sunday.

Ravage!!!
12-09-2015, 01:38 PM

Also, I think the Steelers are better than the bengals and present a worse matchup for us.

Second year as starter.

TXBRONC
12-09-2015, 01:57 PM

No that was his second year in the League.

CrazyHorse
12-09-2015, 07:54 PM

Maybe I'm biased towards the Bengals but I'd rather have them win as it hurts the Steelers. A Steelers playoff team could be dangerous. It also hurts the Patriots too as they have a chance to be stuck as the 3rd seed.

Cugel
12-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Maybe I'm biased towards the Bengals but I'd rather have them win as it hurts the Steelers. A Steelers playoff team could be dangerous. It also hurts the Patriots too as they have a chance to be stuck as the 3rd seed.

Wrong. The Steelers are 7-5 and the Bengals are 10-2. The Broncos and Patriots are 10-2. Only 2 of these teams can get a bye. You do the math.

Steelers beat Bengals, then Bengals have 3 losses. Even if the Bengals then beat the Broncos the Broncos have a chance to wind up with the #2 seed or even #1 seed if the Patriots lose 1 more game (possible).

Best is for the Steelers to win and Bengals and Patriots to lose. Broncos are not going to wind up behind the Steelers. They won't even win their division (3 games back with 4 to play).

SR
12-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Wrong. The Steelers are 7-5 and the Bengals are 10-2. The Broncos and Patriots are 10-2. Only 2 of these teams can get a bye. You do the math. Steelers beat Bengals, then Bengals have 3 losses. Even if the Bengals then beat the Broncos the Broncos have a chance to wind up with the #2 seed or even #1 seed if the Patriots lose 1 more game (possible). Best is for the Steelers to win and Bengals and Patriots to lose. Broncos are not going to wind up behind the Steelers. They won't even win their division (3 games back with 4 to play).

You missed his post completely

Cugel
12-09-2015, 09:15 PM
You missed his post completely

No. We have to allow for the possibility that the Broncos lose to the Bengals. How can they still wind up with the #2 seed? Answer, if the Bengals lose 2 games. One of those must be the Steelers.

The Steelers are not any threat to the Broncos in the seeding. And it's pointless to worry about playoff matchups. Nobody is going to be more dangerous in the playoffs than the Patriots (where they should have a healthy Edelman, Gronk and Amondola - and will be a completely different and much better team than the one the Broncos beat here in overtime) and the Broncos are going to have to get past them.

The Broncos MUST get home field advantage.

wayninja
12-09-2015, 09:59 PM
The Steelers are not any threat to the Broncos in the seeding.

Huh? Do you even Math, brah?

CrazyHorse
12-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Wrong. The Steelers are 7-5 and the Bengals are 10-2. The Broncos and Patriots are 10-2. Only 2 of these teams can get a bye. You do the math.

Steelers beat Bengals, then Bengals have 3 losses. Even if the Bengals then beat the Broncos the Broncos have a chance to wind up with the #2 seed or even #1 seed if the Patriots lose 1 more game (possible).

Best is for the Steelers to win and Bengals and Patriots to lose. Broncos are not going to wind up behind the Steelers. They won't even win their division (3 games back with 4 to play).

Yes it's best for all teams to lose besides the Broncos. I just think the Bengals as the 2nd seed are less of a threat than the Patriots with a bye and that a Steelers team with playoff experience could make some noise if they get a wild card. This would be ideal but is unlikely. Then again as long as we win all our games it doesn't matter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/defrank/results/400791694~1~400791515~1~400791570~1~400791654~1~40 0791656~2~400791565~1~400791688~1~400791573~2~4007 91525~2~400791683~1~400791660~1~400791641~2~400791 612~1~400791575~2~400791689~1

Ravage!!!
12-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Yes it's best for all teams to lose besides the Broncos. I just think the Bengals as the 2nd seed are less of a threat than the Patriots with a bye and that a Steelers team with playoff experience could make some noise if they get a wild card. This would be ideal but is unlikely. Then again as long as we win all our games it doesn't matter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/defrank/results/400791694~1~400791515~1~400791570~1~400791654~1~40 0791656~2~400791565~1~400791688~1~400791573~2~4007 91525~2~400791683~1~400791660~1~400791641~2~400791 612~1~400791575~2~400791689~1

That scenario has the Broncos winning all the rest of their games, as well as the Chiefs winning all the rest of their games. I just don't see either one of those happening.

TXBRONC
12-10-2015, 11:33 AM
No. We have to allow for the possibility that the Broncos lose to the Bengals. How can they still wind up with the #2 seed? Answer, if the Bengals lose 2 games. One of those must be the Steelers.

The Steelers are not any threat to the Broncos in the seeding. And it's pointless to worry about playoff matchups. Nobody is going to be more dangerous in the playoffs than the Patriots (where they should have a healthy Edelman, Gronk and Amondola - and will be a completely different and much better team than the one the Broncos beat here in overtime) and the Broncos are going to have to get past them.

The Broncos MUST get home field advantage.

Cugel the Steelers are as much of a threat to Denver seeding. We lose them but beat the Bengal The ****Pasties jump ahead of Denver because they beat the Steelers. Denver can go 2-2 down the stretch and still be the number one seed but those two wins would have to be the Steelers and Bengals and Denver would be dependent on the ****Pasties losing two game as well.

It's not a must for Denver to get home field advantage it makes the road to the Super Bowl but it doesn't guarantee the desired outcome.

TXBRONC
12-10-2015, 11:38 AM
That scenario has the Broncos winning all the rest of their games, as well as the Chiefs winning all the rest of their games. I just don't see either one of those happening.

The Broncos have a very good chance of running table.

Ravage!!!
12-10-2015, 11:40 AM
The Broncos have a very good chance of running table.

a VERY Good chance with both Pitt and Cinci in their way? I woudln't call that a VERY good chance. Yes, we have A chance, but Pitt and Cinci are two of the best teams in the conference, if not the NFL. Not to mention division rivals in there, which is always harder than a normal game against a weaker team.

So I'm going to disagree with you and not believe it to be a 'very' good chance. I actually believe it's a slim chance.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-10-2015, 11:43 AM
a VERY Good chance with both Pitt and Cinci in their way? I woudln't call that a VERY good chance. Yes, we have A chance, but Pitt and Cinci are two of the best teams in the conference, if not the NFL. Not to mention division rivals in there, which is always harder than a normal game against a weaker team.

So I'm going to disagree with you and not believe it to be a 'very' good chance. I actually believe it's a slim chance.

The game in Pitt scares me. The Steelers 52 defense has always been good against the ZBS.

wayninja
12-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I give us a 30% chance. But there is only a 23% chance of that.

underrated29
12-10-2015, 12:22 PM
I want the pats* to play the steelers in the playoffs. I think they lose to Pitts. I want us to have to play some upset team like the chiefs over the bengals or something. We can take Pitts at home and then take Vernon back home to San Fran to send Carson palmer back home to arizona

CrazyHorse
12-10-2015, 03:03 PM

Have you seen the Chiefs remaining schedule?

I want the pats* to play the steelers in the playoffs. I think they lose to Pitts. I want us to have to play some upset team like the chiefs over the bengals or something. We can take Pitts at home and then take Vernon back home to San Fran to send Carson palmer back home to arizona

That works too. Revenge for the 2005 AFC Championship 10 years later.

Ravage!!!
12-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Have you seen the Chiefs remaining schedule?

Yeah.. its pretty damned easy. But do I think they will make a run from 1-5 to 11-5? No, no I don't.