PDA

View Full Version : Through My Eyes: Max Garcia makes first NFL start

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Max Garcia Player Contributor Offensive Lineman

Before every game, I envision myself making the blocks; envision the plays that are going to be called.

We have what’s called the first 15 plays, so I study those and just visualize it, the kind of defense that they’re going to play. I visualize what’s the worst thing that can happen on this play. How can I stop this from happening, or how can I react to that? How can I counter that move that defensive lineman’s going to make, or the blitz that the defense is going to run? I kind of just envision those types of scenarios for every one of those 15 plays.

Heading into the Patriots game I knew for the first time this season, I was going to start. I knew I was going to play the whole game.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Through-My-Eyes-Max-Garcia-makes-first-NFL-start/bb591e5d-6c83-46ab-971f-774a2c8fa0dd

Joel
12-05-2015, 05:23 PM
I like that he's looking at contingencies; what can go wrong, how to make sure it doesn't, and what to do if it happens anyway. It's easy to fixate on that stuff and start second guessing everything, but as long as he doesn't do that, it's an encouraging sign when a rookie realizes everything won't always go by the book, and figures out how to adapt. Garcia's been a solid run blocker so far, so if he can settle in as even an average pass blocker, we should be in good shape there.

I just want to reiterate this is a great series, giving us a lot of deeper player views from the field.