PDA

View Full Version : Osweiler's connection to Phillip Rivers

VonDoom
12-05-2015, 11:31 AM
I passed by this a couple of days ago but hadn't read it until now. Some interesting connections between Brock and Rivers. If the two guys Os has learned from in the NFL have been Manning and Rivers, he could do a lot worse.

Two quarterbacks separated by eight years of age have a striking number of similarities.

For starters, Rivers and Osweiler had the same college offensive coordinator, Noel Mazzone.

Rivers spent his senior season with Mazzone at North Carolina State. Osweiler spent his final two seasons with Mazzone at Arizona State.

When Osweiler was preparing for the draft, he went to UCLA to meet with Mazzone, who is now the Bruins' offensive coordinator, and Rivers met with the two of them there.

"We kind of formed a great bond and a great relationship over that course of time," Osweiler said of Rivers. "He's been nothing but great to me."

Rivers was going into his ninth season as San Diego's quarterback, but he still found value in going to Los Angeles in the offseason to work with Mazzone and give a young quarterback from Montana a few tips.

"(We) just spent some time talking football, watching tape, throwing and things like that," Rivers said. "I thought a lot of him as a college player. Then getting to be around him, he's a smart guy."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29194899/brock-osweiler-draws-san-diego-connections-phillip-rivers?source=infinite-up

BroncoJoe
12-05-2015, 11:38 AM
I think they share the same agent too.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2015, 11:47 AM
I think its pretty cool to see the "want" from Os to learn. He's very much into learning from those that have "been there"..and takes the opportunity to sharpen his knife. I like that a lot. Being willing to do the work, and study, was the one thing that I feel kept another AZ QB from ever reaching their full potential here in Denver.

BroncoJoe
12-05-2015, 11:50 AM
I think its pretty cool to see the "want" from Os to learn. He's very much into learning from those that have "been there"..and takes the opportunity to sharpen his knife. I like that a lot. Being willing to do the work, and study, was the one thing that I feel kept another AZ QB from ever reaching their full potential here in Denver.

Man, he sure has learned well too - and has the desire (it appears) to continue learning.

He is terrific during interviews, and everything I've read or heard about him has been top notch. Both on and off the field. Not crowning him as the next great QB, but he's certainly on his way.

Plus, he has a pretty cute wife. :D

Ravage!!!
12-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Man, he sure has learned well too - and has the desire (it appears) to continue learning.

He is terrific during interviews, and everything I've read or heard about him has been top notch. Both on and off the field. Not crowning him as the next great QB, but he's certainly on his way.

Plus, he has a pretty cute wife. :D

Yeah.. the only thing we need to have him work on, now, is his hair cut. That's just aweful.

Northman
12-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Yeah.. the only thing we need to have him work on, now, is his hair cut. That's just aweful.

Nah, he needs the Oz-fro.

BroncoJoe
12-05-2015, 11:57 AM

I tend not to comment on people's hair... :shocked:

Ravage!!!
12-05-2015, 12:06 PM
As much as I like Christopher Walken, I woudln't recommend people copying his hair style.... which is what Os is doing.

*more cowbell*

Northman
12-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Bada-boom.

SR
12-05-2015, 12:34 PM
As much as I like Christopher Walken, I woudln't recommend people copying his hair style.... which is what Os is doing. *more cowbell*

Don't you bad mouth my favorite actor that way.

Simple Jaded
12-05-2015, 09:00 PM
"This watch. This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright.

So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass.

Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you."