PDA

View Full Version : The Tight End Screen

spikerman
12-04-2015, 09:29 PM
I think the Broncos coaches are outsmarting themselves. I like TE screen, but why in the hell are they running it with Daniels instead of Davis who can do something with it?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-04-2015, 09:41 PM
I think the Broncos coaches are outsmarting themselves. I like TE screen, but why in the hell are they running it with Daniels instead of Davis who can do something with it?

Because no one expects us to do it with our slowest TE?

Oh yeah, and because, bacon.

NightTerror218
12-04-2015, 10:40 PM

Because davis is new to the offense, just wrapped up week 3 of practise. He is getting more and more reps each game.

TXBRONC
12-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Because davis is new to the offense, just wrapped up week 3 of practise. He is getting more and more reps each game.

It could take another couple before Davis is fully implemented into the offense.

Yashahla17
12-05-2015, 03:19 AM
Well it worked a couple times. I'm just glad we're doing some screens to get the rush off our ass

Joel
12-05-2015, 07:31 AM
I do want to see more Davis soon. I think it was the Colts game where we hit Daniels deep down the right side and he ran down to the red zone before getting caught, and I remember thinking, If that's Vernon Davis, he's just GONE for a TD. At the time, I didn't think it was a big deal, because the Colts were on their heels and I expected a TD anyway, but the drive stalled, we kicked a FG instead, and lost by 3 pts instead of winning by 1 (though our D made cheap shots at the end until Indy would've had an easy FG to win.)

I like Daniels a lot because he does BOTH parts of a TEs job, but I like Davis even more because he also does both, and BETTER, with far more speed. I'm very curious what we do at the TE spot next year, because Davis won't come cheap, Daniels won't be much less, and we've got a highly regarded rookie who lost this season to injury. I'm crossing my fingers Kubiak doesn't let Davis walk just because Daniels is "his guy," though money could be a factor as well, especially if Davis goes off when he gets more balls.

For the moment though, the ability to go 2TE with Davis and Daniels WITHOUT losing receiving threats and telegraphing runs is a nice place to be, and Virgil Green's a solidly versatile (if unremarkable) backup for both. That could be a big part of why we ren all over NE*, too, especially when trailing by 2 TDs in the 4th.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2015, 11:09 AM

Could very well be determined at the LoS when the QB sees the defensive alignment that determines which side the screen goes to.