PDA

View Full Version : New England Patriots Film Review: How Did the Broncos Succeed On the Ground?

ChairmanBron
12-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Pretty good read for the clueless like myself...

On Sunday night the New England Patriots allowed a season high 179 rushing yards against the Denver Broncos. In fact this was the first time the Patriots defense allowed 100+ yards on the ground since the week 6 matchup against the Indianapolis Colts (who got 35 scrambling yards from Andrew Luck). The way the Broncos were running on the Patriots reminded some of last year's divisional playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens - which is no surprise since the Broncos' head coach Gary Kubiak was the Ravens' offensive coordinator last year.
The Broncos' Zone-Blocking Scheme

Gary Kubiak's teams are known for their focus on the ground game. Last season under his offense in Baltimore Justin Forsett rushed for 1266 yards out of nowhere. Before that he coached Arian Foster to three consecutive 1200+ yard seasons in Houston. And during his time as the Broncos' offensive coordinator it seemed like anybody there could be a 1000 yard rusher. A lot of this has to do with the blocking scheme his teams run - the zone-blocking.

Trying to describe the system in a simplified way: Whereas most teams run the ball by pushing downfield zone-blocking teams move horizontally to one side first. The target is to stretch the defense until it breaks and opens up a cutback lane in the middle of the field. The principle behind it is fairly simple and indeed, most of the Broncos' running plays look absolutely identical.........

Link to read more...
http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/12/3/9844060/how-did-the-broncos-succeed-on-the-ground

Davii
12-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Well look at that, a Patriots website breaking down the loss that doesn't include a bunch of crying.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Well look at that, a Patriots website breaking down the loss that doesn't include a bunch of crying.

Yes, a tad shocking.

Cugel
12-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Shorter Patriots Fans reactions to that article: :rant:"The Broncos didn't run well until Dont'a Hightower was hurt! So it doesn't count! Plus, reasons! So there! :protest:

tripp
12-04-2015, 04:26 PM
It's too bad there's so many clown patriot fans, it gives the rest of the fan base a bad name. Oh well.

OrangeHoof
12-04-2015, 08:02 PM
It gives the other 10% of Patriot fans a bad name.

Davii
12-04-2015, 08:26 PM
It gives the other 10% of Patriot fans a bad name.

Ok, Pags, it gives Pags an undeserved bad name. The rest deserve it.

TXBRONC
12-04-2015, 09:33 PM
I have to admit I would have never expected that from a ****Patsy fan. 90% of them are butthooks.

VonDoom
12-04-2015, 10:47 PM

This is a calm, reasonable piece that breaks down film of their opponent. I feel a little dirty for reading something from "Pats Pulpit" but I have to say, it's not bad.

TXBRONC
12-04-2015, 10:59 PM
This is a calm, reasonable piece that breaks down film of their opponent. I feel a little dirty for reading something from "Pats Pulpit" but I have to say, it's not bad.

I didn't think it was possible for ****New England fans to actually speak with any kind of intelligence on loss by their team.

TXBRONC
12-04-2015, 11:21 PM
This is why it's such a shock to believe that ****Patsy have the ability to be objective.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2