PDA

View Full Version : The Brock Osweiler Buzz Thread

Dreadnought
12-01-2015, 03:57 PM
IMO, Brock Osweiler deserves to generate a good bit of Buzz after his gutty and first rate performance in defeating the loathesome Patriots, breaking their undefeated string (albeit against a feeble schedule), in turrible weather, on Prime Time Nationally televised game, with Denver's ace WR taking a huge dump for all to see in one of the worst WR performances we've ever suffered through. Os didn't quit, and improved almost Quarter by Quarter. I was simply astonished.

I think he earned himself a big ol' pay day come 2016. I want this young man in Orange for the next decade.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 04:07 PM
He makes me very happy. And I mean sexually.

Dreadnought
12-01-2015, 04:08 PM
He makes me very happy. And I mean sexually.

That's not even technically Gay, I think

BroncoJoe
12-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Here's some Buzz!

Insider Buzz: Broncos Players Behind Osweiler, 'Can Make Throws Manning Can't'

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594360-insider-buzz-broncos-players-behind-osweiler-can-make-throws-manning-cant

Shazam!
12-01-2015, 04:12 PM
When Brock runs, he is actually stomping the shit out of the world.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2015, 04:13 PM
This should have been in the lounge...

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Brock drinks napalm to cure his heart burn. Fact.

Timmy!
12-01-2015, 04:19 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/uyj1s.jpg

TimHippo
12-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Brock Osweiler, #1, Yeah!
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-19-2015/_Z5Mgd.gif

BroncoJoe
12-01-2015, 04:22 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65745898.jpg

Rick
12-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Ideally Brock should put on about 35 more pounds.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2015, 04:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVGzXkGWsAA60hJ.jpg

Timmy!
12-01-2015, 04:32 PM
This one has been all over my Facebook feed since Sunday night.....

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb304/timmy80906/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1449005282165_zpsyt501jq5.jpg

Joel
12-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Here's some Buzz!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2594360-insider-buzz-broncos-players-behind-osweiler-can-make-throws-manning-cant
I've cited some of their stuff sometimes, but "Bleacher Report NFL Insider" still looks like a contradiction in terms. Regardless, saying that "RIGHT NOW, Oz makes throws Peyton can't" says little since we know Mannings foot's hurt too badly to plant and drive: The question is whether he can make those throws at the end of December, not November. If the line protects him as they did Oz throughout the 4th qtr Sunday, probably; if they protect him as they did the other 3 qtrs, Manning will need CJ as much as Oz did then.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Brock's beard clippings have been proven to cure cancer

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 04:43 PM
If Brock ran for Office - Office would run away

SR
12-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Chuck Norris wears Brock Osweiler pajama pants.

Locnar
12-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Listening to First Take today they had Ryan Clark on and he totally ripped this Buzz on Brock, saying he just played "ok". He thinks we are acting like this is Kurt Warner or Brady coming in the way they did and that he didn't play "lights out" . I'm flipping sorry.. But NO quarterback plays "lights out" IN THE SNOW, IN THEIR SECOND START. But what Brock did in the snow was very very impressive. Sure the first half he didn't look as good, but he's going up against Hoodie.. How many rookie qb's can beat hoodie in the snow??? Nobody does what Brock did in their second start ever. Not even Johnny.. And I'm not saying he's Elway.... But this media bullcrap the 4 letter network is stirring up is so bullshit. When Peyton has the team in his grasp they are all over him for throwing ducks to the sideline. Almost like he's a laughing stock.. But now that there is a potential qb controversy all the sudden Peyton is lights out in the cold??? Who the hell pays these numb nuts..

BroncoNut
12-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Brock doesn't fear death, death fears Brock

Dreadnought
12-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Listening to First Take today they had Ryan Clark on and he totally ripped this Buzz on Brock, saying he just played "ok". He thinks we are acting like this is Kurt Warner or Brady coming in the way they did and that he didn't play "lights out" . I'm flipping sorry.. But NO quarterback plays "lights out" IN THE SNOW, IN THEIR SECOND START. But what Brock did in the snow was very very impressive. Sure the first half he didn't look as good, but he's going up against Hoodie.. How many rookie qb's can beat hoodie in the snow??? Nobody does what Brock did in their second start ever. Not even Johnny.. And I'm not saying he's Elway.... But this media bullcrap the 4 letter network is stirring up is so bullshit. When Peyton has the team in his grasp they are all over him for throwing ducks to the sideline. Almost like he's a laughing stock.. But now that there is a potential qb controversy all the sudden Peyton is lights out in the cold??? Who the hell pays these numb nuts..

That network you (rightly) did not name is deeply and profoundly stupid, and has been for decades. It is in their very DNA. They are shallow and stupid in the way that Lions are fierce and cattle are delicious. It is who and what they are

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Brock doesn't fear death, death fears Brock

Brock actually died in college - but death has been to scared to let him know

Yashahla17
12-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Here's some Buzz!

So much for losing the locker room garbage folks around here was talking about. Players arent dumb they can see a franchise qb in brock and see a old,guy who just doesn't have it anymore in manning.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 04:58 PM
So much for losing the locker room garbage folks around here was talking about. Players arent dumb they can see a franchise qb in brock and see a old,guy who just doesn't have it anymore in manning.

I thought you had moved on?

Yashahla17
12-01-2015, 05:00 PM
**** Ryan clark.

Cugel
12-01-2015, 05:02 PM
The reality beneath the hype: Elway screwed up in not signing Brock before the season. Now he's going to get a $10 million a year contract instead of perhaps $5-6 million he would have gotten if Peyton had played the full year. If he wins a playoff game it might be more like $13-15 million. (The Chiefs paid Matt Cassel $15M to come and suck for them in 2009 and gave up a draft pick to get him. He'd won 11 games for the same Pats team that won 18 the year before and he failed to get them into the playoffs for the only time in a decade - yet $15M).

And the Broncos are going to have to outbid other teams. Of course he would probably rather play here for a super-bowl contender rather than start over somewhere else in a new offense, but he's going to want to get paid. Brock shouldn't get $15 million a year because he won't have played a full season. But, if he wins a playoff game? . . . .

Elway's idea was that Peyton would play this season and then they'd see whether they wanted Peyton back for 2016 to complete his contract (and whether he wanted to come back), which was why they didn't want to commit early to Brock.

Well, that ship sailed. The chances of Peyton returning in 2016 for the Broncos are virtually nil at this point, and it's wildly unlikely he'd want to return and play for them - unless Peyton returns this season and somehow they win a SB. Even then I doubt he comes back here.

He might want to play for another team but only to prove that he can still play if healthy. Less than 50% probability that he plays at all. He could still play for a team with a really GOOD OL to protect him and some play-makers on Offense.

TimHippo
12-01-2015, 05:05 PM

tomjonesrocks
12-01-2015, 05:05 PM
The reality beneath the hype: Elway screwed up in not signing Brock before the season. Now he's going to get a $10 million a year contract instead of perhaps $5-6 million he would have gotten if Peyton had played the full year. And the Broncos are going to have to outbid other teams. Of course he would probably rather play here for a super-bowl contender rather than start over somewhere else in a new offense, but he's going to want to get paid. The idea was that Peyton would play this season and then they'd see whether they wanted Peyton back for 2016 to complete his contract (and whether he wanted to come back), which was why they didn't want to commit early to Brock. Well, that ship sailed. The chances of Peyton returning in 2016 for the Broncos are virtually nil at this point, and it's wildly unlikely he'd want to return and play for them - unless Peyton returns this season and somehow they win a SB. Even then I doubt he comes back here. He might want to play for another team but only to prove that he can still play if healthy. Less than 50% probability that he plays at all.

Goodbye Cruel World!

:shot:

:rip:

Cugel
12-01-2015, 05:09 PM
I thought you had moved on?

No such luck.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Brock will get between $7-10 million per year with the Broncos. Teams have learned from the Cassel and Flynn fiasco's, and he's not going anywhere.

Plus, his name isn't Matt.

Timmy!
12-01-2015, 05:14 PM
The reality beneath the hype: Elway screwed up in not signing Brock before the season. Now he's going to get a $10 million a year contract instead of perhaps $5-6 million he would have gotten if Peyton had played the full year. If he wins a playoff game it might be more like $13-15 million. (The Chiefs paid Matt Cassel $15M to come and suck for them in 2009 and gave up a draft pick to get him. He'd won 11 games for the same Pats team that won 18 the year before and he failed to get them into the playoffs for the only time in a decade - yet $15M).

And the Broncos are going to have to outbid other teams. Of course he would probably rather play here for a super-bowl contender rather than start over somewhere else in a new offense, but he's going to want to get paid. Brock shouldn't get $15 million a year because he won't have played a full season. But, if he wins a playoff game? . . . .

Elway's idea was that Peyton would play this season and then they'd see whether they wanted Peyton back for 2016 to complete his contract (and whether he wanted to come back), which was why they didn't want to commit early to Brock.

Well, that ship sailed. The chances of Peyton returning in 2016 for the Broncos are virtually nil at this point, and it's wildly unlikely he'd want to return and play for them - unless Peyton returns this season and somehow they win a SB. Even then I doubt he comes back here.

He might want to play for another team but only to prove that he can still play if healthy. Less than 50% probability that he plays at all. He could still play for a team with a really GOOD OL to protect him and some play-makers on Offense.

That's retarded. Brock has this thing called an agent. He wasn't going to sign jack shit until 2016. :lol:

BroncoWave
12-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Your first mistake was watching First Take. Rookie mistake there.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 05:18 PM
I hope we lock up He_manuel this year - that dude is a baller

Timmy!
12-01-2015, 05:21 PM

With Brock, Von, Wolfe, Jackson, Marshall, etc to pay this year? Not happening till 2017, and even then not sure we do it. Between Ware, Clady and Peyton we do recoupe some $$$$ though.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Brock is the reason why Waldo went into hiding

DenBronx
12-01-2015, 05:29 PM

With Brock, Von, Wolfe, Jackson, Marshall, etc to pay this year? Not happening till 2017, and even then not sure we do it. Between Ware, Clady and Peyton we do recoupe some $$$$ though.

How do we recoupe money for those guys?

DenBronx
12-01-2015, 05:32 PM
I see Brock getting between 13-15 mill a year if he does well down the stretch. We can not afford that kind of contract plus Mannings. But if Manning doesn't retire and we cut him isn't some of that going to be dead money?

Many of us said the Broncos should of signed Brock early, just like we did with Chris Harris. Hell, I'd sign him right now. The longer we wait the more $$$ we will have to shell out.

Timmy!
12-01-2015, 05:33 PM
How do we recoupe money for those guys?

Clady will be cut this offseason. Ware will be either cut this offseason, or contract restructured, and is gone after 2016 regardless. Peyton:retired.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 05:38 PM

I think He-Manuel has out played his contract and i like people to be rewarded - especially when we are happy to cut those that under perform.

I think Ware leaves, Clady leaves - or takes a massive cut, PeyPey is gone. I also think Talib may be leaving as well.

We lock Brock up with Ware's salary, I think we only sign either Wolfe or Jackson, not both, i think Marshall leaves as well (which is a shame as i would try to keep him)

But 15 mil from PFM, 10 mil from Ware, 10 Mil from Talib, about another 10 mil for Clady - with the cap increase, i think we will be alright this off season.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 05:39 PM
I see Brock getting between 13-15 mill a year if he does well down the stretch. We can not afford that kind of contract plus Mannings. But if Manning doesn't retire and we cut him isn't some of that going to be dead money?

Many of us said the Broncos should of signed Brock early, just like we did with Chris Harris. Hell, I'd sign him right now. The longer we wait the more $$$ we will have to shell out.

No - i am fairly sure the 5 year deal Manning signed was very team friendly and was basically 5 x 1 year deals -but his salary fully guarenteed after April (i think)

Timmy!
12-01-2015, 05:42 PM
I think He-Manuel has out played his contract and i like people to be rewarded - especially when we are happy to cut those that under perform.

I think Ware leaves, Clady leaves - or takes a massive cut, PeyPey is gone. I also think Talib may be leaving as well.

We lock Brock up with Ware's salary, I think we only sign either Wolfe or Jackson, not both, i think Marshall leaves as well (which is a shame as i would try to keep him)

But 15 mil from PFM, 10 mil from Ware, 10 Mil from Talib, about another 10 mil for Clady - with the cap increase, i think we will be alright this off season.

I agree almost completely, but I'd doubt Elway pays Sanders a full offseason early. Now a late 2016 season extension (like he did with Harris) I could see. Too many moving parts this spring.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2015, 05:42 PM
No - i am fairly sure the 5 year deal Manning signed was very team friendly and was basically 5 x 1 year deals -but his salary fully guarenteed after April (i think)

Yep. Damn. Dave pays attention!

Timmy!
12-01-2015, 05:45 PM

Becoming a rarity around here.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 05:45 PM
I agree almost completely, but I'd doubt Elway pays Sanders a full offseason early. Now a late 2016 season extension (like he did with Harris) I could see. Too many moving parts this spring.

Yeah - i get that.

Northman
12-01-2015, 05:46 PM
IMO, Brock Osweiler deserves to generate a good bit of Buzz after his gutty and first rate performance in defeating the loathesome Patriots, breaking their undefeated string (albeit against a feeble schedule), in turrible weather, on Prime Time Nationally televised game, with Denver's ace WR taking a huge dump for all to see in one of the worst WR performances we've ever suffered through. Os didn't quit, and improved almost Quarter by Quarter. I was simply astonished.

I think he earned himself a big ol' pay day come 2016. I want this young man in Orange for the next decade.

I dont know Dread, im not quite sure if there is enough buzz about this guy. He must suck.

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 05:47 PM

I do try! I also have no life lol

Northman
12-01-2015, 05:53 PM

Peyton wont be back next year even if he heals up unless its with another team. Brock's already proven that he can fill in for him and run the offense it was meant to be.

DenBronx
12-01-2015, 05:58 PM

Peyton wont be back next year even if he heals up unless its with another team. Brock's already proven that he can fill in for him and run the offense it was meant to be.

That wasn't my point at all. Saying if Manning doesn't retire then what about dead money when we're forced to cut him? As Dave already pointed out we signed 5×1 year deals that are team friendly. So cap wise we should be fine.

Basically I think we will have no choice anyway. We will need to resign Von Miller, Brock and a few others after this season.

I do see Ware coming back, even with his back problems. When he plays this defense is on fire.

DenBronx
12-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Not sure why that last post didnt let me quote you North.

Northman
12-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Not sure why that last post didnt let me quote you North.

Its my personalized Cok6 block on you. lmao

Valar Morghulis
12-01-2015, 06:04 PM
I agree ware is a beast, but i think he is also about done - he is awesome for one half then he seems to tail off (eye test only, no stats to back that up) and injury prone - very difficult to keep paying 10 mil for that

Cugel
12-01-2015, 06:24 PM

Obviously, the Broncos aren't giving contracts to BOTH Manning and Brock. Manning's $15 million would go to Brock, leaving the Broncos to try and find some way to pay Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, etc., etc.

It was always going to be one or the other because Brock was going to get around $5-6 million a year even without starting a game (some teams are desperate).

I predicted 2 years ago that some team would offer Osweiler around the same $15 M a year that Matt Cassel got, and I was ripped up and down and called an "idiot" for saying it.

Now it looks like I was right. *Sigh*

It's too late for the Broncos to sign Osweiler this season. He has ZERO reason to sign now and every incentive to wait until after the season. Every game he starts his asking price just goes up and up (unless he starts to suck of course, but he's not counting on that being a possibility).

DenBronx
12-01-2015, 06:25 PM
I agree ware is a beast, but i think he is also about done - he is awesome for one half then he seems to tail off (eye test only, no stats to back that up) and injury prone - very difficult to keep paying 10 mil for that

Bet he takes less to stay here, just my opinion. The defense seems to be even better when he is healthy.

Side note: Shane Ray played a great game last week.

NightTerror218
12-01-2015, 06:33 PM
I think Brock will resign and get a decent signing bonus, middle of road guarentees and high $$ is escalating bonuses. We know nobody has tape on him and next season they will be able to prepare better for him. I could see a $8 mill with option for $12 mill + in bonuses like pro bowl, yardage, starts ect.

If he takes broncos to superbowl and gets superbowl mvp, this will be a $12 mill a yr contract plus bonuses because he will get huge pay day and Texas, browns and jets will come at him. This is why I hope Brock is resigned before the end of the season and the mark goes up for him.

DenBronx
12-01-2015, 06:39 PM
I think Brock will resign and get a decent signing bonus, middle of road guarentees and high $$ is escalating bonuses. We know nobody has tape on him and next season they will be able to prepare better for him. I could see a $8 mill with option for $12 mill + in bonuses like pro bowl, yardage, starts ect.

If he takes broncos to superbowl and gets superbowl mvp, this will be a $12 mill a yr contract plus bonuses because he will get huge pay day and Texas, browns and jets will come at him. This is why I hope Brock is resigned before the end of the season and the mark goes up for him.

That would be a steal for us.

NightTerror218
12-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Obviously, the Broncos aren't giving contracts to BOTH Manning and Brock. Manning's $15 million would go to Brock, leaving the Broncos to try and find some way to pay Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, etc., etc.

It was always going to be one or the other because Brock was going to get around $5-6 million a year even without starting a game (some teams are desperate).

I predicted 2 years ago that some team would offer Osweiler around the same $15 M a year that Matt Cassel got, and I was ripped up and down and called an "idiot" for saying it.

Now it looks like I was right. *Sigh*

It's too late for the Broncos to sign Osweiler this season. He has ZERO reason to sign now and every incentive to wait until after the season. Every game he starts his asking price just goes up and up (unless he starts to suck of course, but he's not counting on that being a possibility).

He won't cash in as high as dalton, Tannehill, or Newton. Those are the most recent QB contracts that were signed this off season. Who cares about Alex Smith. The market is set my overall pay and most recent contracts signed by similar players.

Luck will be the player to watch for pay, he is the big FA QB. Other than him lots of backup QBS will be free.

Northman
12-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Yea, team invests 3 years into player, players love him for coming in and playing well, Broncos will pay him good money, has great ownership and coaching around him, player bolts for non playoff contender.

BWHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

ChairmanBron
12-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Money Schmoney! Now back to the Buzz with some videos..

Brock's Patriot game highlights....
https://youtu.be/J0Li4SQQGT0

Kubiak calling Oz, Brockweiler..
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Postgame-victory-speech/d00de14c-fc4a-47b6-834c-0e3bab82ef56

MOtorboat
12-01-2015, 08:05 PM
#BuzznotHype

Yashahla17
12-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Bet he takes less to stay here, just my opinion. The defense seems to be even better when he is healthy.

Side note: Shane Ray played a great game last week.

And this is why ware will have to take close to veteran minimum, his replacement is going to be a stud (shane ray) and barrett is a stud also.

SR
12-01-2015, 09:30 PM
I think He-Manuel has out played his contract and i like people to be rewarded - especially when we are happy to cut those that under perform. I think Ware leaves, Clady leaves - or takes a massive cut, PeyPey is gone. I also think Talib may be leaving as well. We lock Brock up with Ware's salary, I think we only sign either Wolfe or Jackson, not both, i think Marshall leaves as well (which is a shame as i would try to keep him) But 15 mil from PFM, 10 mil from Ware, 10 Mil from Talib, about another 10 mil for Clady - with the cap increase, i think we will be alright this off season.

Talib is still way under contract after this year.

Nomad
12-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Keep up the good work, Brock.

aberdien
12-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Didn't the Steelers win the SB with Big Ben after Tommy Maddox went down or did they only make it to the champ game that time?

Yashahla17
12-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Didn't the Steelers win the SB with Big Ben after Tommy Maddox went down or did they only make it to the champ game that time?

Hmm good question. Ill take either or though, brock getting to the afc championship game in his first year would be awesome.

Pudge
12-01-2015, 11:11 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Pittsburgh_Steelers_season

TimHippo
12-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Hmm good question. Ill take either or though, brock getting to the afc championship game in his first year would be awesome.

Yeah, Yashi, just like Timothy Tebow.

Northman
12-04-2015, 04:56 PM
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0266/3405/products/brock-n-roll-shirt_1024x1024.jpg?v=1447716586

gregbroncs
12-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Money Schmoney! Now back to the Buzz with some videos..

Brock's Patriot game highlights....
https://youtu.be/J0Li4SQQGT0

Kubiak calling Oz, Brockweiler..
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Postgame-victory-speech/d00de14c-fc4a-47b6-834c-0e3bab82ef56

.Those highlights must be fake! According to Joel and Cugel our pass blocking sucks and he has oodles of time on all of those throws. Just can't be real.

Yashahla17
12-04-2015, 11:38 PM
To have that much zip and accuracy in the cold snow bolts well for our franchise quarterback. Broncos will be contender the next 15 years having an elite franchise quarterback

Dapper Dan
12-05-2015, 04:24 AM

Dapper Dan
12-05-2015, 04:26 AM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Patriots-477x294.jpg

Dapper Dan
12-05-2015, 04:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gVg7z.jpg

Yashahla17
12-05-2015, 05:02 AM
Wow' no lie bro those were 3 lame humor pictures. Lol. did you come up with those yourself?

Dapper Dan
12-05-2015, 05:55 AM
Stop attacking me.

Yashahla17
12-05-2015, 06:41 AM
That's interesting.

SR
12-05-2015, 08:42 AM
To have that much zip and accuracy in the cold snow bolts well for our franchise quarterback. Broncos will be contender the next 15 years having an elite franchise quarterback

Yes. It does bolt well.

echobravo
12-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Been watching the back and forth about Oz here since he was drafted. I was neither too exited or disappointed when he was drafted. Through the years I have been burned too many times by thinking a player would be a bust or a stud.

Now I can say I am pleased with the pick four years ago. I am also really glad Manning came here so that we did not have to throw a rookie Oz to the wolves. To his credit Oz has not wasted his four years of clipboard holding.

The post Manning era looks a lot less frightening...

but I have been wrong before

ChairmanBron
12-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Von Miller buzz..

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCauldron/status/673617525989601284/video/1

slim
12-08-2015, 05:39 PM
A good buzz is good.