PDA

View Full Version : Practice / press conference notes - week 13 (Chargers week)

VonDoom
12-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Saw this little tidbit so I figured I'd get this thread going:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 30m30 minutes ago

#broncos add Josh Bush to the active roster while waiving tight end Richard Gordon and releasing TE Arthur Lynch from the practice squad.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 23m23 minutes ago

Josh Bush was w/ the #Broncos through Week 1 before being released after TJ Ward was activated from suspension. He returns w/ Ward's injury.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16m16 minutes ago

But with injuries last week to 3 starters, have to wonder how long Broncos will feel they can keep 4 QBs on 53-man roster.

LawDog
12-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16m16 minutes ago

But with injuries last week to 3 starters, have to wonder how long Broncos will feel they can keep 4 QBs on 53-man roster.

I'm guessing only one more week for Ponder. After that, Peyton will arguably be healthy enough to suit up as the emergency QB.

Joel
12-01-2015, 04:32 PM
They could also PS Siemian unless there's someone on the PS they feel they absolutely can't afford to lose (in which case why's he on the PS in the first place?) I'm still more worried about NT now that we've found ourselves in PRECISELY the situation I feared when dismissed for thinking we'd need Kilgo; not that I'm happy to see anyone hurt, much less a Bronco, but I still think we played better with Bolden and Bruton than with Ward. Maybe that'll change when facing teams that run better than NE* (which is most) but I wonder.

VonDoom
12-01-2015, 04:40 PM
They could also PS Siemian unless there's someone on the PS they feel they absolutely can't afford to lose (in which case why's he on the PS in the first place?)

I think they're high on Siemian and worry that someone will snatch him if we release him with the intention of adding him to the PS.

I still think we played better with Bolden and Bruton than with Ward. Maybe that'll change when facing teams that run better than NE* (which is most) but I wonder.

Well, that team is not SD, who are 30th in the league in rushing at 81.7 ypg

Joel
12-01-2015, 04:59 PM
I think they're high on Siemian and worry that someone will snatch him if we release him with the intention of adding him to the PS.
I dunno, it's late enough teams with busted QBs are probably looking more at the NEXT draft than the fag end of the last one, and the few that aren't are probably scanning the waiver wire for former starters, not late round rookies.

Well, that team is not SD, who are 30th in the league in rushing at 81.7 ypg
Maybe Cincy then, or Pitt if they've found a replacement for Bell.

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 20m20 minutes ago

Broncos had 16 player tryouts Tuesday including Northern Colorado QB Seth Lobato, WR Jace Davis, NCarolina QB Bryn Renner. #9news #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 19m19 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Adam Caplan

Had Renner in camp in 2014. Have taken multiple looks at Lobato. Have practice squad spot open

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 10:32 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The Broncos signed rookie tight end Dan Light to the practice squad Wednesday following the release of tight end Arthur Lynch.

Light returns to the Broncos after a brief preseason stint. He signed with the team Aug. 28, but was waived Sept. 1 during the first round of moves to reduce the roster to the league-mandated 75 players.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-add-rookie-TE-Dan-Light-to-practice-squad/9eb49efb-6218-4098-9c84-8da7347022a7?utm_content=buffer87e15&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Troy Renck Retweeted
Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 10h

Broncos' workout Ray Agnew, Brandon Barden, Alex Bienemann, Cameron Clear, Jace Davis, Antwan Goodley, R.J. Harris, Alex Hill, Dan Light

Ziggy
12-02-2015, 11:31 AM
They could also PS Siemian unless there's someone on the PS they feel they absolutely can't afford to lose (in which case why's he on the PS in the first place?) I'm still more worried about NT now that we've found ourselves in PRECISELY the situation I feared when dismissed for thinking we'd need Kilgo; not that I'm happy to see anyone hurt, much less a Bronco, but I still think we played better with Bolden and Bruton than with Ward. Maybe that'll change when facing teams that run better than NE* (which is most) but I wonder.

The Broncos defense actually played better after Sly went out. That's not a knock against him. Kilgo stepped in and did a great job.

underrated29
12-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Just heard on the radio brock has been announced starter the rest of the season. It is official it sounds like!

BroncoJoe
12-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Just heard on the radio brock has been announced starter the rest of the season. It is official it sounds like!

104.3?

underrated29
12-02-2015, 11:37 AM
104.3?

Yahtzee

BroncoJoe
12-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Holy Shit. I've got it on now.

Davii
12-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Holy Shit. I've got it on now.

For real?

BroncoJoe
12-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Nothing official from the Broncos right now - but they're saying it's definite.

PS - you can listen to 104.3 The Fan via Tunein.com

underrated29
12-02-2015, 11:46 AM
For real?

Do you think I would make it up?

Davii
12-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Nothing official from the Broncos right now - but they're saying it's definite.

PS - you can listen to 104.3 The Fan via Tunein.com

I wish. It's blocked on government computers and I can't carry cell phones at work as I work in a restricted access space.

BroncoJoe
12-02-2015, 11:47 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2595094-insider-buzz-broncos-will-start-brock-osweiler-for-remainder-of-season

I'm a bit skeptical at this point... but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Davii
12-02-2015, 11:48 AM

No, but the radio report could be wrong....

BroncoJoe
12-02-2015, 11:51 AM
I wish. It's blocked on government computers and I can't carry cell phones at work as I work in a restricted access space.

That sucks. Thanks for your sacrifice!

Davii
12-02-2015, 11:53 AM
That sucks. Thanks for your sacrifice!

Lol. They're trying to turn me into a desk jockey Joe!

Valar Morghulis
12-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Lol. They're trying to turn me into a desk jockey Joe!

Have you seen we were soldiers, because when I imagine you I think you will be like the Sgt Maj on that movie...... Good morning sir....... What are you, the ******* weatherman lmao

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 12:04 PM
It's all just speculation at this point. Unless the team announces something, there is no change in Manning's status.

Joel
12-02-2015, 12:28 PM
The Broncos defense actually played better after Sly went out. That's not a knock against him. Kilgo stepped in and did a great job.
From my perspective, it was more like they played better after WARD went out, with Stewart playing centerfield, tracking deep balls and going up to knock them down at the top of his leap, not simply allowing the catch and then trying to spear it loose, and Bolden and... Webster, I think? bracketing a deep post that never had a prayer against them. Not a knock on Kilgo, but NE* only ran 16 times (in the snow, leading the whole time) and I don't recall much pressure up the middle on Brady.

Just my take from watching it once live on a choppy feed. I liked Kilgos play while Wolfes suspension kept Walker at DE, so I'm glad to see him back, but will be glad to have Sly back also, and wish Ward no ill (I just wish he'd learn to cover and stop taking cheap shots.)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2015, 12:40 PM

Didn't Walker get most of the snaps at NT?

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 01:37 PM

According to FO, Sly played 8 snaps before he got hurt. Walker played 27 snaps, Kilgo played 6.

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 30m30 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware is practicing. #broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 28m28 minutes ago

No TJ Ward or Sly Williams at practice for #Broncos. Vasquez at practice but not participating

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24m24 minutes ago

Tough guy Evan Mathis practicing. Making progress w ankle injury. Did not have setback Sunday night #broncos

Joel
12-02-2015, 02:55 PM
"Most" likely since he'd been the guy spelling Sly, but I don't expect anyone to play every down at that position (at least not well.) That's why I'm so fixated on having TWO solid players for the SINGLE position, and at least a decent backup in the inevitable event one of the "starting" pair's hurt. I'll miss Sly while he's gone, but don't feel naked with Walker and Kilgo, assuming there are no further injuries.

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 5m5 minutes ago

Kubiak: "We're totally committed to getting Peyton healthy. Nothing has changed." Cast came off today. Boot is still on.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Cody Latimer is welcoming his first son now. That's why he wasn't at practice.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

Bennie Fowler has an ankle injury. Kubiak confirmed Cody Latimer and Corey Nelson are both at the hospital preparing to be dads.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak said sly Williams slightly ahead of Tj Ward in recovery from ankle injury. But they did not practice

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak on @D_Brut30: "He's been exceptional with this organization, not only as a player but a person."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Ronnie Hillman will start in San Diego, Kubiak said.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 37s38 seconds ago

Kubiak on @DemaryiusT's drops: "It's part of the game. No one felt worse about it than him afterward."

TXBRONC
12-02-2015, 03:24 PM

Well.....

wayninja
12-02-2015, 03:28 PM
What is the point of even announcing something like that? Seems fishy to me. Your starter is the starter until he isn't. There's really no point in trying to say what's gonna happen weeks from now.

also, broncos tweeted this in response:

No decision has been made on our QB situation beyond this week, contrary to speculation from Bleacher Report based on "anonymous sources."
— Denver Broncos (@Broncos) December 2, 2015

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 03:31 PM

#Broncos Brock Osweiler on SI Cover. "what's the SI jinx?" .... Nothing, nothing, carry on

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

Osweiler "all I know is that I am the starter this week. Focused on being a good teammate and winning for this team."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Osweiler says he's had no conversations about his status beyond this game

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 45s45 seconds ago

Brock Osweiler said he's not worried about the hits, but he's focused on getting rid of the ball and not taking sacks in the red zone.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 15s15 seconds ago

Osweiler: Manning was "one of the most excited people in the locker room" after Sunday's win.

-------------------------------

Brock is really good at saying the right things, which in most cases is saying nothing at all. He's learned that from Peyton, to be sure.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 19m

Bennie Fowler and Cody Latimer out as they are about to become fathers

Joel
12-02-2015, 03:38 PM

#Broncos Brock Osweiler on SI Cover. "what's the SI jinx?" .... Nothing, nothing, carry on
Does that even apply to regional editions? Seems like "King James" is the one who should be worried.

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Demaryius: "I feel like I let my teammates down, besides that one big play."

Demaryius Thomas said he was over-thinking during Sunday's game against the Patriots.

GEM
12-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!...Ken

Wednesday's Broncos' practice brought a pleasant surprise. Veteran outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware returned and was an active participant in workouts after missing the last three games with a back injury.

Ware said last week that he wasn't quite ready to return against New England because he didn't want to go out there halfway.

During open practice Wednesday, Ware appeared active with little limitations in individual drills.

From a facebook page, Broncos Uncensored.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2015, 03:55 PM

Demaryius: "I feel like I let my teammates down, besides that one big play."

Demaryius Thomas said he was over-thinking during Sunday's game against the Patriots.

He had a bad game for certain, but I wish I could get tape of everyone of his drops and count how many times a DB was holding one of his arms.

Joel
12-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Best news about Wares return is that he recognized the need to get fully healed so we don't lose him again, rather than play at halfstrength against a weak opponent at the cost of delaying his recovery to full strength when we'll need him in the playoffs. Much as I like and respect Manning, we'd have been far better off if HE'D recognized that against KC; now we may not get him back at all. A similar argument could be made for Mathis, but I think he'd gladly take some time to heal if we had anyone to relief him for a full game.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Best news about Wares return is that he recognized the need to get fully healed so we don't lose him again, rather than play at halfstrength against a weak opponent at the cost of delaying his recovery to full strength when we'll need him in the playoffs. Much as I like and respect Manning, we'd have been far better off if HE'D recognized that against KC; now we may not get him back at all. A similar argument could be made for Mathis, but I think he'd gladly take some time to heal if we had anyone to relief him for a full game.

I wonder if Manning is a little OCD.

Joel
12-02-2015, 04:02 PM
He had a bad game for certain, but I wish I could get tape of everyone of his drops and count how many times a DB was holding one of his arms.
Or just diving through him. I realize both players have a right to the ball, but it's a time-honored American axiom that each mans right to swing his arm ends where it meets anothers nose: So why is knocking a receiver out of the way not interference as long as the DB at least makes a token effort to look for the ball? Preventing someones opportunity to make a catch actually DOESN'T prevent that if it's an attempt to do make the catch first? Because our WRs wouldn't get flagged for pushing off if they did that?

Slick
12-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Kubiak: "We're totally committed to getting Peyton healthy. Nothing has changed." Cast came off today. Boot is still on.

Whoever it was that tweeted this should take his phone and throw it in Sloan's lake. I'm dumber for having read it.

SR
12-02-2015, 04:21 PM

Having Ware back against SD would definitely help mitigate Sly and TJ not playing although Bruton did a fine job of filling in when TJ has been out.

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Peyton Manning says he's week-to-week. "I'd love for it [the foot] to be healthy yesterday"..."trying to get healthy before I come back."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Manning: "Everybody says, 'Is [the foot] better? Is it better?' The answer is, I don't know, because I'm not putting any pressure on it."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago

Peyton Manning said docs wanted to recast his foot. He asked for another option. Took cast off and put him in huge boot. #9news #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m5 minutes ago

#Broncos Manning said will get out of boot on Friday.. "It's been a test of patience. I am trying to see how it reacts to rehab."

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5m5 minutes ago

Peyton will shed boot Friday, then 7 to 10 days of rehab. #9news #9sports

Manning said he had foot pain for "quite some time." Isn't sure if he'll travel to San Diego this weekend.

Manning: "TImelines and all that are irrelevant. It bothers me now."

Manning on future nxt yr. "This is when 'they' and 'sources' seem to show their heads. I haven't thought about anything but getting healthy"

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Manning said that the injury has "not really" made him reflect on his career mortality.

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Also, they're still working on the Fox maps, but the CBS maps are up for the week if you want to know if you're getting this game:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=13

SR
12-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Also, they're still working on the Fox maps, but the CBS maps are up for the week if you want to know if you're getting this game: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=13

Nope. iMac at the desk for three and a half hours it is.

Davii
12-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Nope. iMac at the desk for three and a half hours it is.

I'll be watching on my tablet in Brooklyn.

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 05:25 PM
I'll be watching on my tablet in Brooklyn.

I have plans to watch it at my buddy's house. If I had known you were in NY, we could have hit up a bar or something

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Hillman was listed on the injury report as limited. The affliction listed is "tooth". What?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 05:51 PM
DENVER -- All Peyton Manning can do now is go from week to week.

The 18-year veteran quarterback had his walking cast removed Tuesday night and replaced with a walking boot that will remain on his left foot until Friday.

"Everybody says, 'Is [the foot] better? Is it better?' The answer is, 'I don't know, because I'm not putting any pressure on it, and it's sort of immobilized,'" Manning said Wednesday in the Broncos' locker room.

"The idea is for it to help toward the healing process, but there's no guarantee whatsoever. All the other questions and speculation, I don't have anything for you on that."

Manning will then resume rehabilitation work on Saturday, planning to proceed "one week at a time" as he tries to get back on the field. He did not yet know whether he would travel to San Diego with the team for Sunday's game.

"Some people try to get back. Some people try to get healthy. I'm trying to get healthy before I try to get back," Manning said.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-prepares-to-resume-rehab-work-Saturday/681618b1-97c7-485b-822c-6cd73c2e34ac

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Thomas has plan to correct drops
Demaryius Thomas says he needs to stop "overthinking" things in order to correct recent drops.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Thomas-has-plan-to-correct-drops/42c0d51e-8386-4dbe-b87d-66eb245d912f

Osweiler on throwing motion, taking sacks
Brock Osweiler talks about being on the cover of Sports Illustrated, his throwing motion and the need to avoid sacks.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Osweiler_on_throwing_motion_taking_sacks/81aaf5ad-2a8c-469a-85a0-886019666801

Kubiak: Sly ahead of TJ in recovery
Head Coach Gary Kubiak updates the status of Sylvester Williams and TJ Ward after they left the Patriots game with ankle injuries.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak_Sly_ahead_of_TJ_in_recovery/7c1b5f29-2004-4623-968d-9caaed53b54b

NightTerror218
12-02-2015, 06:12 PM

A lot of drops were either just plain drops or not coming to the ball and DB would go around him. I think this happened a lot. I know a few bad passes occurred as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2h

Peyton acknowledging that the foot has been bothering him for a long time. I'm told it goes back to training camp.

Davii
12-02-2015, 06:53 PM
I have plans to watch it at my buddy's house. If I had known you were in NY, we could have hit up a bar or something

I'm supposed to be working but I'll probably disappear for the game. I'll be out at Floyd Bennet field. Even if not for the game we can get together for a beer or something, I'll be in town from Friday until Tuesday.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2015, 06:59 PM
A lot of drops were either just plain drops or not coming to the ball and DB would go around him. I think this happened a lot. I know a few bad passes occurred as well.

I saw the same thing in the last game. However, in previous games there were times when a db was hanging on his arm and people assumed it was a drop.

VonDoom
12-02-2015, 07:45 PM
I'm supposed to be working but I'll probably disappear for the game. I'll be out at Floyd Bennet field. Even if not for the game we can get together for a beer or something, I'll be in town from Friday until Tuesday.

Let me see what I can do. I've got a busy weekend and Brooklyn is about a 45 minute train ride from me. Would be fun to meet in person, though

Davii
12-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Let me see what I can do. I've got a busy weekend and Brooklyn is about a 45 minute train ride from me. Would be fun to meet in person, though

I'm not scared to meet in the middle somewhere. My hotel is at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge, easy for me to get to Manhattan, etc.

SR
12-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm not scared to meet in the middle somewhere. My hotel is at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge, easy for me to get to Manhattan, etc.

You're a Brooklyn Bridge.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning remains focused on his health — not his starting job or next season. Talking for the first time since a second medical opinion confirmed a torn plantar fascia in his left foot, Manning said there are "no guarantees" with how his injury will respond to rest and rehabilitation, leaving his return date uncertain.

"It's obviously difficult not being out there," Manning said. "Being a competitor and always being able to play, you certainly want to be out there. Any competitor would be lying if they said it wasn't difficult. It is. While I am not out there, I try to do whatever I can to help. I have always been a team player and try to be a good teammate."

Manning's foot was immobilized in a cast for a week. The cast came off Tuesday, and rather than have it recasted it, Manning elected to go with a boot that he plans to remove Friday night. He plans to begin rehabilitation Saturday morning. He is expected to require a week to 10 days to rebuild strength in his foot, making it unlikely he would be available to play Dec. 13 against the Oakland Raiders.

His foot — not his place on the depth chart — remains Manning's priority.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29193480/peyton-manning-out-walking-cast-but-gary-kubiak

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 08:36 PM
from same article:

In his absence, quarterback Brock Osweiler has performed well, leading the Broncos to consecutive victories. Osweiler served as Manning's backup for 3 1/2 seasons.

"I am proud of the way he's played, happy for the way he's played, and the way the team has played. I am happy for everybody," Manning said.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29193480/peyton-manning-out-walking-cast-but-gary-kubiak

SR
12-02-2015, 08:55 PM
I don't know why this thought just crossed my mind, but maybe it's already been said here before: is it possible that Peyton has self-identified that this is the end and has possibly had conversations with Elway behind closed doors that this "injury" is his way out and to just play that card so he can retire at the end of the season? I'm no conspiracy theorist, but we know Peyton doesn't like the spotlight on him and he seems like the type of person to do something like this so that a mid-season bow-out didn't take away attention from the team. I'm not sure I believe anything I just typed, but it was a thought.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2015, 09:33 PM
I don't know why this thought just crossed my mind, but maybe it's already been said here before: is it possible that Peyton has self-identified that this is the end and has possibly had conversations with Elway behind closed doors that this "injury" is his way out and to just play that card so he can retire at the end of the season? I'm no conspiracy theorist, but we know Peyton doesn't like the spotlight on him and he seems like the type of person to do something like this so that a mid-season bow-out didn't take away attention from the team. I'm not sure I believe anything I just typed, but it was a thought.

Have you been drinking tequila?

SR
12-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Have you been drinking tequila?

Nope.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Nope.

Bourbon?

tripp
12-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Who reported that Bossweiler will start the remainder of the season on 104.3 the fan? Mike Evans or Vic Lombardi?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Who reported that Bossweiler will start the remainder of the season on 104.3 the fan? Mike Evans or Vic Lombardi?

It was Bleacher Report. Here is Vic's response to that report:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 9h

Vic Lombardi Retweeted Liz Phemister

The Broncos would never announce this, but that is indeed the prevailing theory. We'll see.

Vic Lombardi added,
Liz Phemister @amorena71
@VicLombardi Any truth to this? http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2595094-insider-buzz-broncos-will-start-brock-osweiler-for-remainder-of-season …

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Brock Osweiler entered the lineup as a quarterback not a puppet. Look closely at his No. 17 Broncos jersey on the flat screen TV — there are no strings attached.

When Osweiler walked onto the field two weeks ago at Soldier Field against the Chicago Bears, making his first start since the 2011 Las Vegas Bowl, he lacked experience but not responsibility. He held the freedom to audible. And did so on multiple occasions. During the upset of the New England Patriots on Sunday, before running back C.J. Anderson produced the walkoff touchdown run, Osweiler checked to the toss sweep.

These examples aren't outliers, but examples of the trust coach Gary Kubiak possesses in the 25-year-old.

"I think, sometimes, if you have a really young guy that you can take some of that off of his plate as a coach in how you call plays," Kubiak said. "But this is four years for him. It's a little bit of a different scenario here."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29195241/brock-osweiler-earns-freedom-audible-from-broncos-coach

Davii
12-02-2015, 11:06 PM

Interesting thought, possible.

tripp
12-02-2015, 11:57 PM
It was Bleacher Report. Here is Vic's response to that report:

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 9h

Vic Lombardi Retweeted Liz Phemister

The Broncos would never announce this, but that is indeed the prevailing theory. We'll see.

Vic Lombardi added,
Liz Phemister @amorena71
@VicLombardi Any truth to this? http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2595094-insider-buzz-broncos-will-start-brock-osweiler-for-remainder-of-season …

Interesting... as I do believe most things Vic Lombardi says in regards to the Broncos.

SR
12-03-2015, 07:15 AM
Bourbon?

Water

Joel
12-03-2015, 07:24 AM
Having Ware back against SD would definitely help mitigate Sly and TJ not playing although Bruton did a fine job of filling in when TJ has been out.
I've preferred Brutons coverage to Wards ever since we signed the latter, but he's done well in relief and dime packages even when Ward was healthy: What impressed me was that Bolden was also better in that role after Wards injury, providing our CBs the help over the top Ward DOESN'T on deep balls. I'll definitely be glad to see Ware back if he's 100%, because it makes a big difference when blockers can't double team Miller, and I don't wish any ill on Ward, but can't help feeling we're better without the latter.

Ward's great in run support because he's quick to the ball and a thumper, but: Isn't that why LBs exist? I can't recall EVER seeing him make a good COVERAGE play (i.e. a great deflection going up to meet the ball and/or sticking his hand in front of it at the last second, not just clobbering a receiver after a catch so the ball pops loose and we pray there's no flag.) Meanwhile, Mike Adams is leading the NFL in Ints again, for less money. I wish Ward a full and speedy recovery, but hope he spends his down time watching Stewart track and knock down balls, or Brutons Int and hitting guys without involving his head OR theirs.

I feel pretty good about a Walker/Kilgo rotation till Sly's healthy though; they may not be as dominant, not only commanding but powering through double teams to collapse pockets so QBs are forced to roll out into Ware or Miller, but I doubt we'll get gashed up the gut much, and they WILL collapse pockets if teams go one-on-one to double team Ware and Miller. This is a pretty solid D when our secondary covers and lets the front seven worry about pounding people.

SR
12-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Sorry Joel but I quit reading when you said you couldn't remember Ward making plays in coverage.

BroncoWave
12-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Sorry Joel but I quit reading when you said you couldn't remember Ward making plays in coverage.

Thank you for not quoting him so that I could be spared reading it. :)

Joel
12-03-2015, 08:56 AM
You're welcome and encouraged to cite one, especially with video. Actually making a play on the BALL though, not just crushing a receiver after ALLOWING A CATCH. He'd get a lot less penalties for spearing and late hits, and suspensions and fines for headhunting, if he'd moot the whole issue of contact by simply not letting the ball reach the receiver.

Like I say though, I'm open to correction.

SR
12-03-2015, 09:52 AM
You're welcome and encouraged to cite one, especially with video. Actually making a play on the BALL though, not just crushing a receiver after ALLOWING A CATCH. He'd get a lot less penalties for spearing and late hits, and suspensions and fines for headhunting, if he'd moot the whole issue of contact by simply not letting the ball reach the receiver. Like I say though, I'm open to correction.

Sorry BW.

It was two games ago that he batted down a pass in coverage. I'm not going to spend time finding video to prove a point because I actually watched the games and actually remember things. The Internet is a marvelous thing, but seeing it first-hand isn't on the internet.

NightTerror218
12-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Sorry BW.

It was two games ago that he batted down a pass in coverage. I'm not going to spend time finding video to prove a point because I actually watched the games and actually remember things. The Internet is a marvelous thing, but seeing it first-hand isn't on the internet.

And the game he was AFC defensive player of the week.

Davii
12-03-2015, 11:38 AM
And the game he was AFC defensive player of the week.

I'm also assuming that interceptions count as making a play in coverage? Doesn't he have a few since he's been with us?

NightTerror218
12-03-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm also assuming that interceptions count as making a play in coverage? Doesn't he have a few since he's been with us?

2 last season.

VonDoom
12-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Thin Air has their weekly column up scouting our opponent. I do think the SD offense will present some problems (Rivers is having a good year despite being murdered behind his o-line) but that defense is ... oof. We'd better be able to score some points on this team. Expect our running game to continue to have success against a bad run defense:

So we know the Chargers offense has playmakers, even with all the injuries they’ve had. What’s the problem with this team, then?

Answer: The defense. Per Pro Football Reference, the San Diego defense has contributed a negative number to expected points in every game this season. Per Football Outsiders DVOA, the Chargers are ranked 30th in defense, 28th against the pass and 32nd against the run. Teams are averaging 4.9 yards per carry in rushing and 7/4 net yards per pass attempt against the Chargers D. Their leading tackler is safety Eric Weddle, their best overall player on the defense. He leads the team with 44 tackles, but when your safety leads the team in tackles, you don’t have a good situation

http://in-thinair.com/2015/12/03/midweek-musings-chargers-real-issues-arent-on-offense/

Joel
12-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Sorry BW.

Let's not play the "you don't watch the games" game again; it's trite, tedious and untrue. If you're seeing something I'm not, fine; again, you're welcome and encouraged to point it out—but let's not pretend 2 bats and as many Ints in >1˝ seasons is coverage worthy of a Pro Bowl safety collecting $7˝ million this year (minus suspensions and fines.)

VonDoom
12-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Vasquez back at practice, Ware practices again (nice!)

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- After watching practice from the sideline Wednesday, Louis Vasquez returned to the field as the Broncos continued their preparations for Sunday's game in San Diego.

Vasquez was held out of Wednesday's practice because of the groin injury that he suffered in the first half of last Sunday's overtime win over New England.

While Vasquez returned, safety T.J. Ward and nose tackle Sylvester Williams did not practice.

Both suffered ankle sprains on the same play late in the first quarter against the Patriots and were in walking boots. Head Coach Gary Kubiak said Wednesday that Williams was ahead of Ward in their recoveries.

Other notes:

... TE Owen Daniels was at Thursday's practice, but was wearing a ballcap. He has received occasional veteran's days off throughout the season.

... OLB DeMarcus Ware practiced for a second consecutive day after missing three games because of a recurrence of the back injury he initially suffered Oct. 11 at Oakland. He was limited Wednesday.

... WR Cody Latimer and ILB Corey Nelson returned to practice. They were excused from Wednesday's work to be present as their children were born.

... WR Bennie Fowler was at practice and had his helmet with him, but watched as his fellow wide receivers went through individual drills.

... QB Peyton Manning remained out of practice. He is in a walking boot, which he will remove Friday. He resumes rehabilitation on his injured left foot Saturday.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Update-Louis-Vasquez-returns/9cbfd1f5-52ff-4eb8-b20c-30df6762355f?utm_content=buffer1886a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

tripp
12-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Biggest positive would be Ware coming back from injury. This defense seemed to fire on all cylinders when he was rushing opposite Von.

TXBRONC
12-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Biggest positive would be Ware coming back from injury. This defense seemed to fire on all cylinders when he was rushing opposite Von.

Having him back will definitely help.

VonDoom
12-03-2015, 03:10 PM

Yes indeed. I like our depth at pass rusher a lot but Ware has been great this year and the pass rush has been ferocious with him in there. Plus, it helps free up Von a bit.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Let's not play the "you don't watch the games" game again; it's trite, tedious and untrue. If you're seeing something I'm not, fine; again, you're welcome and encouraged to point it out—but let's not pretend 2 bats and as many Ints in >1˝ seasons is coverage worthy of a Pro Bowl safety collecting $7˝ million this year (minus suspensions and fines.)

It's not a game - it's evident to nearly every poster here you don't watch the games, or simply don't know WTF you're talking about.

SR
12-03-2015, 03:32 PM

I didn't say you don't watch the games but failure to see Ward make plays against the pass is not my problem.

VonDoom
12-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 24s24 seconds ago

Kubiak said Ware "looks good. Much improved. We are just watching progression." #broncos

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 1m1 minute ago

Lorenzo Doss is sick that's why he didn't practice. Bennie Fowler is still recovering from ankle injury.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9s9 seconds ago

Kubiak said he will ease Ware back in, and Ware won't go back to a full workload right away.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3s4 seconds ago

Kubiak says Trevor Siemian is still ahead of Christian Ponder as backup.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 58s58 seconds ago

Decision of whether Peyton will travel to San Diego will likely be made tomorrow, Kubiak said.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18s19 seconds ago

Kubiak said Max Garcia will continue to get reps. Said happy with way he has worked hard and performed #broncos

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak: "[Hillman, Anderson] both unselfish. On any given day they could be the guy back there -- they know that."

Timmy!
12-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Lol@better without Ward. Ya...Bolden made one hell of a tackle on the *pats last touchdown.....

VonDoom
12-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m4 minutes ago

#broncos Omar Bolden spent extra time fielding punts this week. Took eye off one vs patriots

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 1m1 minute ago

OC Dennison: "[@DemaryiusT] works so hard in practice. Just a couple things didn't work his way. I've got no problem with him."

#broncos DWare said not sure if will play Sunday. Needs to be smart but making improvement

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware: "You don't want to be out there at 80%, you want to be 100%... You can go 80, but then how long will be able to go 80."

Joel
12-03-2015, 04:23 PM
It's not a game - it's evident to nearly every poster here you don't watch the games, or simply don't know WTF you're talking about.
It's almost entirely a game, as I've cited more than enough plays—not just stats, but sequences of events as they happened, in detail—that's it's SELF-evident I watch Broncos games. Just as it's self-evident from conversations in threads and PMs as well as high-fives and salutes that "nearly every poster here" doesn't see it as you do. The same way it's self-evident you and a SMALL group of others never say a word to me except to tell me how stupid the post you just DIDN'T read was.

*shrug* Some people graduate HS without ever actually leaving, but I didn't care about pleasing and impressing cliques then and still don't.

I didn't say you don't watch the games but failure to see Ward make plays against the pass is not my problem.
Yours is the affirmative position, so it holds the burden of proof: Proving Ward DOESN'T make coverage plays is as impossible as proving any other negative.

Let's not pretend claiming there's NO burden of such proof because "I actually watch the games and remember what happened" didn't imply I do neither.

Lol@better without Ward. Ya...Bolden made one hell of a tackle on the *pats last touchdown.....
Yeah, Ward hits hard as Hell, sometimes even legally and before the whistle; just wish he could COVER (but that's not a big part of a safetys job; that's why everyone kept telling me that if I'd just start WATCHING GAMES I'd know Rahim Moore was soooo much better than Mike Adams.)

Joel
12-03-2015, 04:32 PM
More to the point, they seem to NOT fire on all cylinders without him, then get pissed at opponents instead of themselves and start taking cheap shots. Ware's may be as valuable a field marshall as he is a player; I just hope the back injuries that's plagued him for years doesn't force retirement next year.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 58s58 seconds ago

Decision of whether Peyton will travel to San Diego will likely be made tomorrow, Kubiak said.

#broncos DWare said not sure if will play Sunday. Needs to be smart but making improvement

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 2m2 minutes ago

DeMarcus Ware: "You don't want to be out there at 80%, you want to be 100%... You can go 80, but then how long will be able to go 80."
Manning needs to follow Wares lead as he did 2 weeks ago; all that stuff about hobbling around an airport to sit in a pressurized cabin for a few hours before a few more on the sideline, then repeating the trip the other way, still applies. Frankly, I wish Mannings response to the doctors saying, "keep the cast on another week," had been simply, "OK," not "what if I don't wanna?" I want him back for the playoffs, but don't want him rushing back and ending his career on the spot with another game like 3 weeks ago.

VonDoom
12-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m8 minutes ago

#broncos Von Miller on talking trash to Rivers "I don't talk much. Hopefully I can dance instead of talk"

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

"Whenever he's back, the other team is going to catch hell."

-- @Millerlite40 on @DeMarcusWare

#Broncos Von Miller told me he was fined for hit on #Patriots Tom Brady. He will appeal the $8,681 fine

BroncoJoe
12-03-2015, 05:13 PM
It's almost entirely a game, as I've cited more than enough plays—not just stats, but sequences of events as they happened, in detail—that's it's SELF-evident I watch Broncos games. Just as it's self-evident from conversations in threads and PMs as well as high-fives and salutes that "nearly every poster here" doesn't see it as you do. The same way it's self-evident you and a SMALL group of others never say a word to me except to tell me how stupid the post you just DIDN'T read was.

*shrug* Some people graduate HS without ever actually leaving, but I didn't care about pleasing and impressing cliques then and still don't.

Yours is the affirmative position, so it holds the burden of proof: Proving Ward DOESN'T make coverage plays is as impossible as proving any other negative.

Let's not pretend claiming there's NO burden of such proof because "I actually watch the games and remember what happened" didn't imply I do neither.

Yeah, Ward hits hard as Hell, sometimes even legally and before the whistle; just wish he could COVER (but that's not a big part of a safetys job; that's why everyone kept telling me that if I'd just start WATCHING GAMES I'd know Rahim Moore was soooo much better than Mike Adams.)

Maybe you do watch the games, but I sincerely doubt it. By your own admission, the feeds you get suck and are choppy/blurry at best.

You're a stat junkie - no proof necessary. Your logical mind does not apply to sports, and that's a fact. And this is a message board - no one needs to prove anything to anyone. It's not a court of law (LMAO at "burden of proof").

Joel
12-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Maybe you do watch the games, but I sincerely doubt it. By your own admission, the feeds you get suck and are choppy/blurry at best.
If you sincerely doubt my truthfulness there's nothing to discuss, and I've frequently outright said I watch the games, so that's not open to interpretation: I'm either lying, hallucinating or watching games. The point on feeds is valid, and I've conceded inability to see everything, which could include Ward making coverage plays. But what I state I DO see (as opposed to not seeing) I saw, else I wouldn't say it, and I wouldn't be on these boards discussing games if I hadn't seen them; my ego's not that big (really.)

You're a stat junkie - no proof necessary. Your logical mind does not apply to sports, and that's a fact. And this is a message board - no one needs to prove anything to anyone. It's not a court of law (LMAO at "burden of proof").
Stats are metrics, quantifying the otherwise unquantifiable so we can compare apples to apples and diagnose trends. Stats aren't truly predictive, but are revealing, and definitely matter in any sport that has stat columns for points, wins and losses. If you're saying the NFL should ignore the score and records, and just award everyone participation trophies or vote the most popular teams to the playoffs, I strongly disagree.

"Your logical mind does not apply to sports" is an opinion, not fact; I don't question your right to any opinion, but reject out of hand the claim any opinion is fact. Yes, I try to think logically, because "emotional reasoning" is practically a contradiction in terms, and when the team's down 4 in the final minutes with 3rd and G at the 7, I only hope our coaches are thinking logically rather than winging it with their guts on the grounds logic is beneath athletics; the insinuation logic is a vice speaks volumes about the issue here.

With that in mind, burden of proof is not unique to law but LOGIC (though that certainly makes it a prerequisite of law,) and since it's impossible to prove anything DIDN'T happen, the burden of proof always lies with the person claiming it did, because if an event occurred, that occurrence necessarily left evidence in its wake. If message boards are just for talking through ones hat, that doesn't matter, but if they're for substantive discussion, it matters a lot.

At least you finally read a comment before replying to it though; was that so hard?

NightTerror218
12-04-2015, 01:02 PM

Your view point of Ware is so off based. Have you ever looked up his penalities? 4 unnecessary roughness and 1 roughing the passer....in his career. One of those is the one he was disqualified for. That is not bad.

Are you ignoring his 2 pro bowls. The fact he can be a jack of all trades strong safety, blitz, help in run game, and coverage. His coverage skills may be weaker than Bruton but he is an impact player. Loom at his AFC defensive player of the week this year.

Joel
12-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Your view point of Ware is so off based. Have you ever looked up his penalities? 4 unnecessary roughness and 1 roughing the passer....in his career. One of those is the one he was disqualified for. That is not bad.
I actually have looked up his penalties, and since you ask: 6 personal fouls and 1 unsportsmanlike, plus the fine for a head shot this year that wasn't called during the game and prompted his complaints to the press that he can't play football without taking head shots.

Are you ignoring his 2 pro bowls. The fact he can be a jack of all trades strong safety, blitz, help in run game, and coverage. His coverage skills may be weaker than Bruton but he is an impact player. Loom at his AFC defensive player of the week this year.
Thumping RBs, WRs AND QBs isn't a "jack of all trades," it's just a guy who likes hitting everyone he sees, legally or otherwise. That's the only way he "helps" in coverage. Bruton hits just as much (else he wouldn't be a STs ace) but CLEANLY, is much better in coverage, and doesn't cost $7 million/yr. Same goes for Mike Adams. :(

Davii
12-04-2015, 01:42 PM
I actually have looked up his penalties, and since you ask: 6 personal fouls and 1 unsportsmanlike, plus the fine for a head shot this year that wasn't called during the game and prompted his complaints to the press that he can't play football without taking head shots.

Thumping RBs, WRs AND QBs isn't a "jack of all trades," it's just a guy who likes hitting everyone he sees, legally or otherwise. That's the only way he "helps" in coverage. Bruton hits just as much (else he wouldn't be a STs ace) but CLEANLY, is much better in coverage, and doesn't cost $7 million/yr. Same goes for Mike Adams. :(

Funny, multiple coaches, the GM, and others around the league completely disagree. If Bruton were a better safety he would either have been starting or would've been offered a bunch of money elsewhere.

Joel
12-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Bruton doesn't get enough Bit Hits to raise his TAK, but he's good in coverage, quick to the ball and a sure tackler. Our (former) coaches thought Rahim Moore>Mike Adams, too.

I feel bad kicking Ward when he's down though, so I'll drop it until he's healthy.

VonDoom
12-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Ware, Ward and Sly all OUT for Sunday. Ware is close but I think they're being cautious. He'll fly to SD to work out before the game

LawDog
12-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Are you talking about Ware or Ward? Seems that the convo has become mixed between the two...

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2015, 03:39 PM
DeMarcus Ware, Peyton Manning, T.J. Ward, Sylvester Williams out against San Diego

Ware will travel and work out pregame; Manning, Ward, Williams will stay back in Denver to rehab

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29203182/demarcus-ware-peyton-manning-t-j-ward-sylvester

NightTerror218
12-04-2015, 04:36 PM

And this is why nobody believe that you watch games.

Thumping guys, you mean making f tackles all over the field, open field tackles, in the backfield, shedding blocks to get in run suppoet, um ya he tackles a lot. 74 tackles last season and 57 so far this year. 3rd on the team this year.

The refs suck as for not calling enough illegal tackles on ward, he is getting called on 3:57 tackles. 1 per 19 tackles, that is not very often if some guys only get 3-4 tackles a game....so one every 4-5 games. And NFL must suck because on big hits they review for fines and I think he might have gotten 1 this year.

Ward has the toughness and mentality Elway wanted on the defense. Reason he was the first FA signed in his huge FA spending. Ward first, then Ware and and talib.

If Bruton is that good how come was ST guy most of his career and this season is seeing his most action on defense. Moore and Adams started together.

TXBRONC
12-04-2015, 06:25 PM
And this is why nobody believe that you watch games.

Thumping guys, you mean making f tackles all over the field, open field tackles, in the backfield, shedding blocks to get in run suppoet, um ya he tackles a lot. 74 tackles last season and 57 so far this year. 3rd on the team this year.

The refs suck as for not calling enough illegal tackles on ward, he is getting called on 3:57 tackles. 1 per 19 tackles, that is not very often if some guys only get 3-4 tackles a game....so one every 4-5 games. And NFL must suck because on big hits they review for fines and I think he might have gotten 1 this year.

Ward has the toughness and mentality Elway wanted on the defense. Reason he was the first FA signed in his huge FA spending. Ward first, then Ware and and talib.

If Bruton is that good how come was ST guy most of his career and this season is seeing his most action on defense. Moore and Adams started together.

I really do doubt he watches the games. Anyone who watches knows that Moore and Adams started togethe apparently Joel didn't that which means also that Moore and Adams played different safety positions.