PDA

View Full Version : Brady: "I don't think I've ever been so pissed off after a loss"

Buff
11-30-2015, 04:42 PM
Kind of fun schadenfreude to listen to Tommy Terrific cry for 15 minutes here. http://www.patriots.com/audio/2015/11/30/tom-brady-weei-1130-it-was-very-hard-loss

Gives zero credit to the Broncos - complains extensively about the officials... Super smug and condescending as you'd expect. Case in point, he said, "If Denver is one of the top teams in the AFC then we know we can hang with everybody." What do you mean "if"?

I did appreciate how he said this one hurts and seems super down about the loss.

chazoe60
11-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Kind of fun schadenfreude to listen to Tommy Terrific cry for 15 minutes here. http://www.patriots.com/audio/2015/11/30/tom-brady-weei-1130-it-was-very-hard-loss

Gives zero credit to the Broncos - complains extensively about the officials... Super smug and condescending as you'd expect. Case in point, he said, "If Denver is one of the top teams in the AFC then we know we can hang with everybody." What do you mean "if"?

I did appreciate how he said this one hurts and seems super down about the loss.

Maybe he'll test out a toaster in the tub.

Buff
11-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Maybe he'll test out a toaster in the tub.

This post made me hungry for a toasted sub.

But yes - I hope someone close to Brady gives him the suicide prevention hot-line today, he seems like he's pretty close to the edge judging from this interview.

chazoe60
11-30-2015, 04:57 PM

But yes - I hope someone close to Brady gives him the suicide prevention hot-line today, he seems like he's pretty close to the edge judging from this interview.

He could call me and I would nudge him in the direction that would be best for society and humanity as a whole.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Penalties
NE 6/45 yards
Denver 5/46 yards

Davii
11-30-2015, 05:12 PM
**** Tom Shady, little cheating bitch. I'd be happy if he cried himself to sleep every week with a nasty loss. I shouldn't call him a cheating bitch, it's unfair to cheating bitches.

NightTrainLayne
11-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Subscribed so that I can listen to it later.

Do Patriots fans even question any more why the rest of the league can't stand them?

Davii
11-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Subscribed so that I can listen to it later.

Do Patriots fans even question any more why the rest of the league can't stand them?

No. They just say it's because they're "so wicked good" or some equally revolting idiotic thing.

Timmy!
11-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Don't worry guys, I'm sure Gisele promptly bent him over the couch and pounded the sadness right out of him......

silkamilkamonico
11-30-2015, 05:21 PM
Brady's a stud. Silky smooth. GOAT when all is said and done. We can keep hating, but he'll keep winning...

Buff
11-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Brady's a stud. Silky smooth. GOAT when all is said and done. We can keep hating, but he'll keep winning...

G-T-F-O of my thread.

NightTrainLayne
11-30-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm glad to hear that we took over the spot as the loss he's most pissed off about.

It is quite a feat to overtake those SuperBowl losses you'd think. Or maybe I'm making bad assumptions. Maybe he just wasn't pissed off at those losses.

Timmy!
11-30-2015, 05:27 PM

burn your computer.

silkamilkamonico
11-30-2015, 05:31 PM
I know....

...it really makes me sick too.

Locnar
11-30-2015, 05:31 PM
I wonder if he had his uggs on while bitching like a little bitch..

VonDoom
11-30-2015, 05:32 PM

I'm not listening to this garbage but did he actually say something overtly about the refs? I believe he can be fined for that. I know coaches can

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 05:33 PM

Yeah G-T-F-O with that nonsense. This is a bash Brady thread so don't go sucking his dick just yet.

Dapper Dan
11-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I don't remember Gronk being called for 2 offensive PIs.

Nevermind. The other one was when he was blocking the defender way downfield.

Dapper Dan
11-30-2015, 05:44 PM
They lost him at about 2 mins. He sounds like he was choking on something.

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 05:49 PM
Just look at the excuses I get on Facebook from Patriot fans on why they lost.

Excuses are like ********, everybody's got one. But Bradys is stretched out today.

GEM
11-30-2015, 06:12 PM

And a nice answer to Brady's tweet:

BigDaddyBronco
11-30-2015, 06:18 PM
Watching Brady cry last night constantly to the officials is why he'll never be loved outside of NE. Disgusting. He reminded me of an NBA player or better yet, a European soccer player.

BroncoWave
11-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Buff, did you listen to Simmons' podcast today? He cried about the refs for the first 20 minutes of the podcast, and Sal was just rubbing his face in it the whole time. It was hilarious to listen to. He reached a transcendent level of butthurt.

Buff
11-30-2015, 06:25 PM
Buff, did you listen to Simmons' podcast today? He cried about the refs for the first 20 minutes of the podcast, and Sal was just rubbing his face in it the whole time. It was hilarious to listen to. He reached a transcendent level of butthurt.

I have been looking forward to listening to the Simmons pod and rewatching the game all day. Can't wait to get home.

tomjonesrocks
11-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Kind of fun schadenfreude to listen to Tommy Terrific cry for 15 minutes here. http://www.patriots.com/audio/2015/11/30/tom-brady-weei-1130-it-was-very-hard-loss Gives zero credit to the Broncos - complains extensively about the officials... Super smug and condescending as you'd expect. Case in point, he said, "If Denver is one of the top teams in the AFC then we know we can hang with everybody." What do you mean "if"? I did appreciate how he said this one hurts and seems super down about the loss.

Pretty much read in print everything he said in various articles today but it was nice to actually hear him moaning and groaning.

WJK
11-30-2015, 07:05 PM
Simmons was so over the top today. He's the stereotypical paranoid, narcissistic, conspiracy theorist Patriots fan. There's a reason they're the most-hated franchise in North American sports, and it's not because "everyone is out to get them."

BroncoWave
11-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Simmons was so over the top today. He's the stereotypical paranoid, narcissistic, conspiracy theorist Patriots fan. There's a reason they're the most-hated franchise in North American sports, and it's not because "everyone is out to get them."

He did at least give Brock some credit, the little he actually talked about anything Denver did well he was praising Brock.

MOtorboat
11-30-2015, 07:10 PM
The Patriots are a bunch of bitches.

Chandler Jones wouldn't answer any questions about the game today. Said he'd only talk about Philadelphia. It's ridiculous.

Dapper Dan
11-30-2015, 07:14 PM
The Patriots are a bunch of bitches.

Chandler Jones wouldn't answer any questions about the game today. Said he'd only talk about Philadelphia. It's ridiculous.

I'm gonna use that from now on.

"Baker! Why are you late again?"
"Boss, I'm only going to talk about Philadelphia right now."

"Hey, you gave me AIDS."
"How about Philadelphia.."

"Sir, have you been drinking?"
"One word, officer. Philadelphia."

Cugel
11-30-2015, 08:00 PM
He can complain all he wants about the calls that "didn't go our way" and other crap. Who cares? They lost. Now all that has to happen is for some other team to beat them and Denver could have the #1 seed. And then he can come back in January and complain some more.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-30-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna use that from now on.

"Baker! Why are you late again?"
"Boss, I'm only going to talk about Philadelphia right now."

"Hey, you gave me AIDS."
"How about Philadelphia.."

"Sir, have you been drinking?"
"One word, officer. Philadelphia."

Pure gold Appalachian Andy.

TimHippo
11-30-2015, 10:03 PM

And he'll keep cheating. Uggs.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 10:18 PM
People who think Tom Brady is better than John Elway should suck a wet fart.

7DnBrnc53
12-01-2015, 04:06 AM
People who think Tom Brady is better than John Elway should suck a wet fart.

Those people are out there. I have had debates with them on another forum.

They think that John Elway kept Vance Johnson and Mark Jackson out of the Hall of Fame, and they also said once that Dan Reeves made Chris Chandler in Atlanta (after I said something about Dan's conservative offense).

A week ago, one poster said that Elway is a below average arm talent, and Brady is the best arm talent ever.

I asked him how he came up with that nonsense, and he goes on and on about how John rarely led the league in any positive statistical category. I told him that it had to do with the conservative offense he was in.

Joel
12-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Brady's a stud. Silky smooth. GOAT when all is said and done. We can keep hating, but he'll keep whining...
You were close, though I believe Chris Harper was *NEs goat in that game; they cut him the very next day.

Brady's evidently living in a fantasy world where he can spend a decade-and-a-half constantly cheating his way to four "championships," getting caught repeatedly, lying about it consistently, getting no more than token penalties, having half of those overturned, THEN complain the league gave an OPPONENT an unfair competitive advantage.

Let's not forget his fantasy about remaining a starting QB till AT LEAST 42 because he stays in such great shape thanks to the dietary supplement he promoted with his lying business partner (until the feds shut them down because it's nothing but snake oil and stock fraud; the SEC and FDA are an anti-Brady pro-Merck conspiracy, too.) Doesn't the NFL ban competitive advantage from dietary supple—oh, right: Rules don't apply to Brady; he walks between the raindrops, and it's persecution if he gets wet.

People don't hate NE* because they keep "winning," and if their fans insist on using the Lance Armstrong Defense they should pause to consider how THAT looks. People hate them because the Cheats are lying cheating douches, SMUG about it and play the victim each time caught red-handed: ZERO accountability, just persecution complexes and conspiracy theories about how the NFL is "sabotaging" a team the NFL's ACTUALLY allowed more "achievement" in fifteen years than any other franchise has produced in all of NFL history.

The New England Patriots are aptly named, because they epitomize what's wrong with America and how we've lost our way since the moon landing. These Patriots are not above the law, did not trade arms for hostages and did not have sex with that woman. And anyone who complains about losing a job to China and a house to banks while oil companies set profit records and the Dow sets closing records during a depression is just jealous that they keep "winning."

MasterShake
12-01-2015, 08:51 AM
The worst thing about the Patriots and their fans is that even when they lose, they never "lose". It's always someone or something else's fault. That is like Tom Brady blaming the soap slipping out of his hands as the reason he enjoys shower time with his "teammates" so much.

Joel
12-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I just hope this season gives Brady many more opportunities to reflect on WHICH loss pisses him off most. Then someone goes Deep Throat on the Cheatriots (and not as they probably do each other) so the NFL burns the whole thing to the ground, then scatters the ashes. Maybe bring in a football version of Kennesaw Mountain Landis to do what the owners yes-men commissioners can't or won't.

Elevation inc
12-01-2015, 12:48 PM
This crap pisses me off. Brady always whines when he loses. Just like people are talking about gronk going down as a reason they couldn't get it done in OT....well people must forget our starting NT, best OL and defensive captain all went down as well. What about the fact we are on our 3rd LT? You get dealt a hand you either deal and overcome as the Broncos have done. Or you don't and sit back and cry about refs because you couldn't make a play when it really was needed. NE didn't lose the game because of 2 penalties. They lost because they couldn't stop the run....

Pudge
12-01-2015, 12:52 PM
This crap pisses me off. Brady always whines when he loses. Just like people are talking about gronk going down as a reason they couldn't get it done in OT....well people must forget our starting NT, best OL and defensive captain all went down as well. What about the fact we are on our 3rd LT? You get dealt a hand you either deal and overcome as the Broncos have done. Or you don't and sit back and cry about refs because you couldn't make a play when it really was needed. NE didn't lose the game because of 2 penalties. They lost because they couldn't stop the run....

Not to mention they had a HOF qb and we didn't. We had a quarterback on his second start

TXBRONC
12-01-2015, 12:52 PM

Nah he not besides that GOAT is completely b.s. because it is completely subjective.

Maybe you should troll somewhere else Silk. Just a thought.

OrangeHoof
12-01-2015, 12:59 PM
I'll gladly tell you the Patriots got hosed by the refs but it's just the same way the Bills got hosed by the refs the week before and where was Tommy then? It's the same way the Broncos have been hosed practically everytime they've visited Fuxboro this decade. I've been saying "If you want to punish the Patriots for all their cheating, just give them the same referee treatment all the teams who play them get." The Patriots and the Steelers have been getting favorable treatment for years and, now that they're finally on the other end of it, they squeal like stuck pigs.

OrangeHoof
12-01-2015, 01:11 PM
The penalty stats aren't relevant. It's the timing of the penalties and the importance of the down. That long completion to Keyshawn Martin called back for holding. The sack that is nullified by a defensive holding call in the final three minutes of regulation to extend a drive, etc. The non-call on Shaq Barrett launching at Brady head-chest after a throw.

Those matter more late in the game than a first-quarter offside.

Northman
12-01-2015, 01:42 PM
The Patriots did not get hosed. Thats just ridiculous.

MOtorboat
12-01-2015, 01:43 PM
The penalty stats aren't relevant. It's the timing of the penalties and the importance of the down. That long completion to Keyshawn Martin called back for holding. The sack that is nullified by a defensive holding call in the final three minutes of regulation to extend a drive, etc. The non-call on Shaq Barrett launching at Brady head-chest after a throw.

So don't commit the penalties.

:whoknows:

tripp
12-01-2015, 01:56 PM
What I don't get about Patriots fans, they've had easily the best decade in sports history for football, baseball, basketball, and hockey. Yet they get so bent out of shape for losing one game and claim that the refs won us the game, while they've been accused of cheating numerous times over the years and their defense is "there's not enough evidence to support those claims". Such a spoiled fan base it's un-*******-believable.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2015, 02:01 PM
The Patriots did not get hosed. Thats just ridiculous.

Brady got the hose. And he liked it

I Eat Staples
12-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Alright, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask...are people calling them cheats and putting asterisks on their name because it's the popular insult against them, or do we ACTUALLY think they somehow didn't deserve their championships?

Spygate was a technicality. You're allowed to film teams, but starting that year, you weren't allowed to film them from the location that the Patriots got caught doing it from (a location that was in plain sight for everyone to see). So, it was against the rules, but hardly gave them any competitive advantage. We do remember that McDaniels did something similar when he was with us, right? How much of an advantage did it give us? Yeah, none at all.

Do people still think deflategate is an actual thing? I'm sure many of you guys played sports, including football...would something like that matter to you as a player? Or would you say we bring our balls how we like them, you bring your balls how you like them? And that's assuming that anyone on the Patriots even did intentionally take some air out of a football, for whatever reason. It made no difference at all in their drubbing of the Colts, because it's so minor that it makes no difference in any game. When I heard about it at first I thought it was a parody.

I dislike the Patriots too, but not because I think they're cheaters. Brady is a smug tool, their fanbase is obnoxious, and I'm sick of seeing them win. They're an easy team to hate, but stuff like complaining about the officiating after losing is MUCH more detestable than the technicalities they got punished by the NFL for. It just looks silly to me when I see fans thinking they ACTUALLY cheated and gained a competitive advantage; it makes us look like Indy fans, or Patriots fans themselves.

AgentOrange
12-01-2015, 02:10 PM
And just to confirm the Patriot's and their fans sense of entitlement and persecution:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/12/01/officially-time-question-the-nfl-motives-referee-assignments

Amazing.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-01-2015, 02:11 PM
And just to confirm the Patriot's and their fans sense of entitlement and persecution:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/12/01/officially-time-question-the-nfl-motives-referee-assignments

Amazing.

Can you double check the link? It didn't work for me.

TXBRONC
12-01-2015, 02:18 PM

B.S. Hoof Barrett did not launch himself head first at ****Tom Shady.

Joel
12-01-2015, 02:19 PM
What I don't get about Patriots fans, they've had easily the best decade in sports history for football, baseball, basketball, and hockey. Yet they get so bent out of shape for losing one game and claim that the refs won us the game, while they've been accused of cheating numerous times over the years and their defense is "there's not enough evidence to support those claims". Such a spoiled fan base it's un-*******-believable.
To hear them tell it, every game they ever lost was solely due to some league conspiracy against them; if there were an ACTUAL league conspiracy against them, they wouldn't have been allowed to openly, proudly and defiantly cheat their way to more "accomplishments" in 15 years than any other team has managed in all of NFL history.

If there's any league conspiracy, it's been the NFL quietly sweeping Spygate, Deflategate and all the rest under the rug rather than taint the NFL by admitting its standard bearer only gained that status by rampant systematic dishonesty undermining the very legitimacy of the league itself since 2002. The Black Sox probably thought they were victims, too.

Joel
12-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Alright, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask...are people calling them cheats and putting asterisks on their name because it's the popular insult against them, or do we ACTUALLY think they somehow didn't deserve their championships?
YES: I had a deep, if horrified, respect for them building the dynasty the cap and free agency had supposedly made impossible—until Spygate, when one of their own former staffers claimed he'd been part of illegally taping opponents as far back as their first SB "win."

Spygate was a technicality. You're allowed to film teams, but starting that year, you weren't allowed to film them from the location that the Patriots got caught doing it from (a location that was in plain sight for everyone to see). So, it was against the rules, but hardly gave them any competitive advantage. We do remember that McDaniels did something similar when he was with us, right? How much of an advantage did it give us? Yeah, none at all.
It certainly was NOT a technicality: Filming a team from a distance is not the same as filming them from the field, hence the NFL had not only long banned that, but clarified the rule and sent a memo about it to all teams before the season, so even Belicheats plea of ignorance was a lie. Yeah, I remember the Cheatriots' current and former OC doing the same illegal crap in Denver DESPITE his old boss getting caught doing it in '07.

Back in HS, my dad and I went to one of our games (sorry, I was 12, so couldn't make the team) against a fierce local rival. At halftime there was a huge commotion on the sideline, which we found out was because our teams coaches had seen the visiting teams coaches wheeling TVs and VCRs into their lockerroom: That's when my dad, who HAD played HS ball, explained to me that filming opponents to gain competitive advantage is illegal.

Do HS coaches and players know the rules better than Belicheat?

Do people still think deflategate is an actual thing? I'm sure many of you guys played sports, including football...would something like that matter to you as a player? Or would you say we bring our balls how we like them, you bring your balls how you like them? And that's assuming that anyone on the Patriots even did intentionally take some air out of a football, for whatever reason. It made no difference at all in their drubbing of the Colts, because it's so minor that it makes no difference in any game. When I heard about it at first I thought it was a parody.
Yes, it matters, else why break the rules—when ALREADY widely and rightly considered cheats because of the LAST time caught breaking the rules for illegal unfair competitive gain? Soft footballs are easier to catch and harder to fumble, easier to grip and harder to lose control of when wet (as they were in the Colts-Cheatriots game.)

I dislike the Patriots too, but not because I think they're cheaters. Brady is a smug tool, their fanbase is obnoxious, and I'm sick of seeing them win. They're an easy team to hate, but stuff like complaining about the officiating after losing is MUCH more detestable than the technicalities they got punished by the NFL for. It just looks silly to me when I see fans thinking they ACTUALLY cheated and gained a competitive advantage; it makes us look like Indy fans, or Patriots fans themselves.
Yes, gloating about cheating makes it worse, but they'd hardly be the first dominant dynasty full of itself. The '70s Steelers, '80s '9ers and '90s Cowboys were, and many people understandably loathed them as a result, but they LEGITIMATELY backed it up on the field, and few of even their bitterest foes ever questioned that. How do non-Raider fans feel about their '70s and '80s teams, and why?

silkamilkamonico
12-01-2015, 02:35 PM
To hear them tell it, every game they ever lost was solely due to some league conspiracy against them; if there were an ACTUAL league conspiracy against them, they wouldn't have been allowed to openly, proudly and defiantly cheat their way to more "accomplishments" in 15 years than any other team has managed in all of NFL history.

If there's any league conspiracy, it's been the NFL quietly sweeping Spygate, Deflategate and all the rest under the rug rather than taint the NFL by admitting its standard bearer only gained that status by rampant systematic dishonesty undermining the very legitimacy of the league itself since 2002. The Black Sox probably thought they were victims, too.

Speaking of conspiracy's and cheating, those performance enhancing drugs that Wolfe took leading to his suspension has really does him wonders hasn't it?

I Eat Staples
12-01-2015, 02:47 PM
YES: I had a deep, if horrified, respect for them building the dynasty the cap and free agency had supposedly made impossible—until Spygate, when one of their own former staffers claimed he'd been part of illegally taping opponents as far back as their first SB "win."

It certainly was NOT a technicality: Filming a team from a distance is not the same as filming them from the field, hence the NFL had not only long banned that, but clarified the rule and sent a memo about it to all teams before the season, so even Belicheats plea of ignorance was a lie. Yeah, I remember the Cheatriots' current and former OC doing the same illegal crap in Denver DESPITE his old boss getting caught doing it in '07.

Back in HS, my dad and I went to one of our games (sorry, I was 12, so couldn't make the team) against a fierce local rival. At halftime there was a huge commotion on the sideline, which we found out was because our teams coaches had seen the visiting teams coaches wheeling TVs and VCRs into their lockerroom: That's when my dad, who HAD played HS ball, explained to me that filming opponents to gain competitive advantage is illegal.

Do HS coaches and players know the rules better than Belicheat?

Yes, it matters, else why break the rules—when ALREADY widely and rightly considered cheats because of the LAST time caught breaking the rules for illegal unfair competitive gain? Soft footballs are easier to catch and harder to fumble, easier to grip and harder to lose control of when wet (as they were in the Colts-Cheatriots game.)

Yes, gloating about cheating makes it worse, but they'd hardly be the first dominant dynasty full of itself. The '70s Steelers, '80s '9ers and '90s Cowboys were, and many people understandably loathed them as a result, but they LEGITIMATELY backed it up on the field, and few of even their bitterest foes ever questioned that. How do non-Raider fans feel about their '70s and '80s teams, and why?

But do you honestly believe those things helped them win Superbowls? You think they wouldn't have won their Superbowls without filming from a specific location or having ever so slightly deflated balls (that the Colts also played with)?

MOtorboat
12-01-2015, 03:19 PM
But do you honestly believe those things helped them win Superbowls? You think they wouldn't have won their Superbowls without filming from a specific location or having ever so slightly deflated balls (that the Colts also played with)?

Did breaking into the Watergate building help Nixon win the election? No, but he did it anyway.

Same thing with the Patriots.

Northman
12-01-2015, 03:31 PM

I actually agree with a lot of your post here and have stated that all teams try to skirt rules (which has been backed up by former players and coaches) but the problem for the Patriots is that they are exceedingly bad at covering up their tracks. I mean you really cant get any more dumb than they do when it comes to getting caught. But i suppose because Goodell is such a dipshit and often screws up how he handles these situations the Patriots simply dont care at this point. The only player ive liked on the Patriots has been Brady but i certainly understand why people hate him and the team overall.

chazoe60
12-01-2015, 03:40 PM

Considering they won those SBs by razor thin margins, absolutely. And with the SI article at the beginning of the season that outlined all the other nefarious bullshit those cheating scumbags were doing I absolutely put asterisks by all three of those first SB championships. The last SB should be tagged with a Pete Carol is an idiot asterisk.

BroncoNut
12-01-2015, 03:49 PM

He could call me and I would nudge him in the direction that would be best for society and humanity as a whole.

you guys are going to hell

Ravage!!!
12-01-2015, 03:50 PM
That wasn't the first year filming the other team sending in signals was illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

chazoe60
12-01-2015, 03:51 PM
you guys are going to hell

Good, that's where all the cool kids are going.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2015, 03:51 PM

Do I think that having the other teams's defensive calls helped them win Super Bowls? Yes..yes I absolutely do. We didn't get to see the elaborate filming breakdowns on the film because Goodell covered that up. But yes, it definitely, absolutely, helped them.

Joel
12-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Speaking of conspiracy's and cheating, those performance enhancing drugs that Wolfe took leading to his suspension has really does him wonders hasn't it?
He took something commonly used for rehab injury; still illegal, and he got caught, so paid the penalty. Part of that penalty's being regulary tested now, so if he's still doing it he'll be watching rather than playing next seasons games, as he should be IF still doing it. Romanowskis "if you ain't illegally buying my Cream and Clear, then losing your mind in practice and crippling a TEAMMATE, you ain't trying" crap is even worse than what the Cheatriots do; at least they aren't illegally injuring people.

Do I think filming the Rams walk through helped NE* in a SB they only won by a 47 yd FG as time expired? Sure didn't hurt; regardless, what MO said.

BroncoNut
12-01-2015, 03:59 PM

Good, that's where all the cool kids are going.
yeah well, have fun loser. give me a wave while your down there, I'll be the guy in God's bosom

Krugan
12-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Like i needed another reason to entirely hate Boston area sports,

Reading responses from these smug ******* fans of theirs just makes me hope for a giant meteor to land atop that crap hole area and remove about 90% of the issue.

Really wrong of me to think that, but for fugs sake they are awful.

OrangeHoof
12-02-2015, 12:22 AM
B.S. Hoof Barrett did not launch himself head first at ****Tom Shady.

First, I did not say "head first". But he clearly launched at the upper body.

https://vine.co/v/iWuIOuQPOBt

and in today's NFL, that gets a flag practically every time, especially against "elite" QBs like Brady and Manning. I've seen a lot less get flagged when it was Brady.

If the old axiom is true that "you can call holding on practically every play" on probably 65-70% of plays, realistically, there's going to be *somebody* holding, grabbing, yanking and in the fourth quarter of a close game, flagging those holds can affect the outcome of the game. Lately, it looks like one team or the other gets the bulk of the favorable calls and that turns the game (see Lions vs Cowboys in last year's playoffs then Cowboys vs. Packers the following week).

Sunday night, the Broncos got all the favorable calls and non-calls late in the game. 'Bout damn time that happened to the Patriots and you can see how they reacted to it. I'm saying the referee screw jobs happen rather frequently and it is a sign to me that somebody (the NFL, the ref union, the networks?) want to fix the games so they have exciting finishes or certain gamblers beat the spread or the networks get higher ratings for the rights money they are paying - something. I don't know who or what but you see it so often now that it isn't just coincidence.

Joel
12-02-2015, 02:53 AM

He didn't launch, he leapt, and yes, there's a difference. Oddly enough, an illustrative example came up yesterday when the "mock Aussie commentary" took me to Youtube and, ultimately, to NFL/rugby comparisons, where someone commented that leaping at an opponent in a way that raises hips above head is a serious rugby foul (as in, immediate ejection.) The reason's obvious: That's launching, and even more dangerous when neither player has any protective gear.

Personally, I think the NFL should revert to legalized launching but strictly enforce related rules (i.e. no spearing nor head shots, but as long as you don't do those you can make yourself a missile as often as you feel man enough.) Regardless, Barrett didn't make himself a projectile, he lunged for a tackle while going up to knock down a pass in case the QB released at the last second, all without hitting Brady in the head: That's EXACTLY what we want defenders to do; just too bad he was a beat too late for the sack.

and in today's NFL, that gets a flag practically every time, especially against "elite" QBs like Brady and Manning. I've seen a lot less get flagged when it was Brady.
Yeah, they even CREATED A RULE because playing a full contact sport hurt one of Bradys widdle tootsies so badly he couldn't do Uggs shoots for a whole year. We need to discourage rather than encourage that kind of coddling. No one changed any rules when a legal hit severly injured Mannings SPINE; he and everyone else just got on with their lives as best they could, and no one even remembers how made the hit, much less calls him a dirty player because of it.

If the old axiom is true that "you can call holding on practically every play" on probably 65-70% of plays, realistically, there's going to be *somebody* holding, grabbing, yanking and in the fourth quarter of a close game, flagging those holds can affect the outcome of the game. Lately, it looks like one team or the other gets the bulk of the favorable calls and that turns the game (see Lions vs Cowboys in last year's playoffs then Cowboys vs. Packers the following week).

Sunday night, the Broncos got all the favorable calls and non-calls late in the game. 'Bout damn time that happened to the Patriots and you can see how they reacted to it. I'm saying the referee screw jobs happen rather frequently and it is a sign to me that somebody (the NFL, the ref union, the networks?) want to fix the games so they have exciting finishes or certain gamblers beat the spread or the networks get higher ratings for the rights money they are paying - something. I don't know who or what but you see it so often now that it isn't just coincidence.
Yeah, the Packers and even Cowboys are SIGNIFICANTLY more popular than the Lions and lack Detroits "well" earned reputation for dirty play, so there's every reason to expect Dallas not only would but SHOULD get more calls against a team that had a player suspended for stomping Rodgers' already-injured thigh just a couple weeks earlier. As Kubiak recently reminded the team, earn that rep and refs start looking for dirty hits, giving no benefit of any doubt each time they find one.

Also, I do agree the NFL often calls games preferentially to create artificial parity for sake of ratings; Broncos fans STILL complain about DT and JT being soft and not fighting for balls, but look at all the OPIs we got during Mannings record run. Nothing official (that we know of; this is the league that managed to bury decades of countless medical reports on CTE going all the way back to the early '50s,) but I'm sure refs know the League Office doesn't want lots of blowouts annually (especially in the playoffs:) It's bad for business.

AgentOrange
12-02-2015, 09:06 AM

Amazing.
Since the URL I previously posted didn't work, here's one that does (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/12/01/officially-time-question-the-nfl-motives-referee-assignments/vGb3YrcNnZWryykQVeq9lI/story.html?p1=stream_sports_football_patriots).

Sorry about that.

Foochacho
12-02-2015, 09:09 AM
The Patriots don't have a real reason to bitch. The Browns on the other hand do. That last play cost them the game. From what I hear the Cardinals got away with some stuff too. So much that the ref crew was replaced for next weeks game.

Gronkowski OPI= Gronkowski ran straight at our guy and body checked him to get separation. His lifting and pushing should make that an easy call.

The long bomb called back for holding Miller= before the flag came out and the ball was thrown I jumped up pointing at the tv like what the **** they are holding him. That is real time from home. The ref had an even better view. Clear as day holding Brady should of been on his ass and never made the pass (that rhyme is trademarked by me now). But seriously how was this call bitched about.

The Chung hold in the end zone= He definitely hooked him. But we got lucky on that call. Brock got sacked quick. With the situation usually that don't get called. But it was still a good call because he grabbed and pulled his shoulder. Definitely impeded the route. We just got lucky they didn't let that slip. Again how can you actually bitch about it though a penalty was committed.

The Shaq leap at Brady= He was leaping for the pass deflect from what I can tell. Brady's ball position may have been the reason for a no call. He was about to throw. Not sure of the rules on this. But it is a stupid rule to begin with. If he lept to spear or hit his head it gets called. He lept to try to block a pass and came down on for the sack.

The roughing the punter no call= I never saw a good replay that showed what the blocker was doing. I can't comment on this because for all I know he was pushed towards the kicker. Not all contact with the kicker gets called. The announcers didn't make a big deal about it so it must of been close enough to be a fine no call.

Any other shit they bitch about **** them we can go point out no calls too. The calls that actually could of affected the score where legit calls. I don't care what point of the game it is. You can't make illegal contact and expect it to be ok because the game is almost over.

So many more teams get hosed worse every week yet I am seeing so many articles referencing this game and Brady's bitching. Make me hate that whiny bitch even more. But this week has been great reading the bitching from Brady and his faggy fans has been great. Those tears taste so sweet.

Watching the replay last night I was hoping to hear some of Brady's bitching. They must not of wanted to show him act like the bitch that he is. I watched one play where he was screaming for a hold on his receiver grabbing at his arm yelling holding. I kept rewinding and saw a great defensive play by Talib. I don't know what Brady saw, maybe his vision was blurred from the tears in his eyes.

OrangeHoof
12-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Since the URL I previously posted didn't work, here's one that does (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/12/01/officially-time-question-the-nfl-motives-referee-assignments/vGb3YrcNnZWryykQVeq9lI/story.html?p1=stream_sports_football_patriots).

Sorry about that.

Or maybe they reassigned Morelli's crew to PHI-NE* because it's the most lopsided game on that week's schedule. Did you see the Eagles last Thursday? They're a train wreck and not even bad officiating should be able to keep the Pats from easily knocking Philly off. 28-3 at halftime, eyes (and even the Red Zone channel) switch over to something more compelling so Morelli's gaffes aren't seen.

Conspiracy? I don't see it here. Only an over-the-hill ref they can't fire in mid-season. So let's at least hide him where he can do the least damage.

The whining and crying from the Patriots is simply them getting a taste of what I see around the league all the time to everyone else.

Elevation inc
12-02-2015, 11:24 AM
I think it's very simple. NE didn't play well enough in the second half to beat us. I don't hate NE because they supposedly cheat, all teams either cheat or have a player accused of competitive advantage at some point. Even Denver has been accused. I hate NE because they are a big rival in my eyes and we got stuck playing so much in Foxboro the last 5 years cause of stupid scheduling. People can talk about refs and injuries all day long, but all teams deal with it including Denver. We're one of the most penalized teams, but how many times you watch our pass rush get screwed with no holding calls, it's at least 3 a game that prevented a possible game changing play. I also have seen Brock hit a couple times the last 2 games the way shaq hit Brady.

The reality is this injuries or penalties be damned. You line up and play. If you lose you own it move on and get better next game. This ties into another reason people hate NE. They win constantly and when they lose they act whiny about it. It shows a lack of gamesmanship and drives football fans nuts.

bottom line....they lost because we ran for 170+ yds they allowed Brock to drive the field in no time to take the lead and we made some defensive plays when it mattered. Ne needs to worry about philly while we divert attention to SD.

BroncoJoe
12-02-2015, 11:28 AM
I agree with everything you said, Elevation, except "they need to worry about philly".

They don't. That team is a trainwreck! :laugh:

Elevation inc
12-02-2015, 11:31 AM
I disagree...lol.... I think it's gonna be a high scoring game and with out Brady having a blanket in gronk and a dinged up LB core. We could see a upset. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but hey one can hope....

BroncoJoe
12-02-2015, 11:33 AM
I disagree I think it's gonna be a high scoring game and with out Brady having a blanket in gronk and a dinged up LB core. We could see a upset. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but hey one can hope....

I see where you're coming from, but two words come to mind:

Mark Sanchez.

Although I guess Bradford might play - that could change things.

Elevation inc
12-02-2015, 11:42 AM
I see where you're coming from, but two words come to mind:

Mark Sanchez.

Although I guess Bradford might play - that could change things.

Haha...Sanchez yeah that's valid....lets hope Bradford plays.....

GEM
12-02-2015, 11:58 AM
"I don't think I've ever been so pissed off after a loss"

GOOD!! That means our team did their job exceptionally well! :D

Joel
12-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Incidentally, I've only seen this mentioned in a single post mortem, but:

How much do you think Belicheat wishes he hadn't run out the clock when he got the ball with >2:00 left in the first half? That was SO insulting, basically saying, "screw it: A TD lead at the half's enough we don't NEED this possession to beat you in your own house in the snow." If they'd spent that 2:00+ managing even as much as the FG they spent the final 1:10 racing to kick, it would've won the game (despite all Anderson and Oz' 4th qtr heroics) instead of merely forcing an OT where we owned them on boths sides of the ball.

It's all the refs fault though, NFL conspiracy, payback for Deflategate (because that would be so unjust.) Sure....

Slick
12-02-2015, 01:24 PM

How much do you think Belicheat wishes he hadn't run out the clock when he got the ball with >2:00 left in the first half? That was SO insulting, basically saying, "screw it: A TD lead at the half's enough we don't NEED this possession to beat you in your own house in the snow." If they'd spent that 2:00+ managing even as much as the FG they spent the final 1:10 racing to kick, it would've won the game (despite all Anderson and Oz' 4th qtr heroics) instead of merely forcing an OT where we owned them on boths sides of the ball.

It's all the refs fault though, NFL conspiracy, payback for Deflategate (because that would be so unjust.) Sure....

Good point.

weazel
12-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Brady knows the officiating didn't lose them that game, he's just planting a seed in case they have to play the Broncos in the playoffs. He knows if he makes a big enough stink that the NFL officials will keep it in the back of their mind and give them a few calls in the next game.

Foochacho
12-02-2015, 02:12 PM

Those what if scenarios never really tell what the end result would have been. Had they got an extra field goal before the half, we would of probably treated our field goal kicks as 4 down territory. Maybe we put up 7 instead of 3 or we get zero and don't come close to making a comeback. Also play calling can change depending on if you need to just protect the lead or if you are trying to score quickly. I just hate those "what ifs" because it changing the tone of every play call after it.

TXBRONC
12-02-2015, 02:39 PM

Actually you did say head first. Your exact words were "head to chest." I don't see how that couldn't mean head first. Also by the looks of it Barrett wasn't launching himself at Brady.

You're sounding like Patriot, Chief, and Charger fans. They think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy against them.

Joel
12-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Those what if scenarios never really tell what the end result would have been. Had they got an extra field goal before the half, we would of probably treated our field goal kicks as 4 down territory. Maybe we put up 7 instead of 3 or we get zero and don't come close to making a comeback. Also play calling can change depending on if you need to just protect the lead or if you are trying to score quickly. I just hate those "what ifs" because it changing the tone of every play call after it.
That's true as far as it goes, but who SCREWS OFF AN ENTIRE POSSESSION when leading by a single score on the road? 2:00 is an eternity with Brady, but Belicheat just chose to run out that eternity with three runs up the gut (he only ran 13 other times ALL GAME.) And we're supposed to believe it's the REFS fault they lost?

NightTrainLayne
12-02-2015, 04:03 PM
The long bomb called back for holding Miller= before the flag came out and the ball was thrown I jumped up pointing at the tv like what the **** they are holding him. That is real time from home. The ref had an even better view. Clear as day holding Brady should of been on his ass and never made the pass (that rhyme is trademarked by me now). But seriously how was this call bitched about.

I agree with all of your post, but this stuck out at me as I, too was calling out loud at home that Miller was being held (this wasn't the only play he got held on), and was surprised, but pleasantly so, that the flag finally came out on this one. This was a no brainer call.

Elevation inc
12-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Glad to see we still have such polarizing opinions here. Couple years since I posted, and it's like nostalgia all over lol....:beer:

SR
12-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Glad to see we still have such polarizing opinions here. Couple years since I posted, and it's like nostalgia all over lol....:beer:

Welcome back!

Elevation inc
12-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Welcome back!

Thanks

Simple Jaded
12-02-2015, 10:44 PM
I just hope this season gives Brady many more opportunities to reflect on WHICH loss pisses him off most. Then someone goes Deep Throat on the Cheatriots (and not as they probably do each other) so the NFL burns the whole thing to the ground, then scatters the ashes. Maybe bring in a football version of Kennesaw Mountain Landis to do what the owners yes-men commissioners can't or won't.
No mystery about who is the deep throat in that locker room.

Davii
12-02-2015, 10:45 PM
No mystery about who is the deep throat in that locker room.

Gronk doesn't have to extend his arms, we know that much.

Cugel
12-02-2015, 10:56 PM
That's true as far as it goes, but who SCREWS OFF AN ENTIRE POSSESSION when leading by a single score on the road? 2:00 is an eternity with Brady, but Belicheat just chose to run out that eternity with three runs up the gut (he only ran 13 other times ALL GAME.) And we're supposed to believe it's the REFS fault they lost?

That was a strange decision. I was glad at the time, but in retrospect the only thing I can think of is that he was deep in his own end, and didn't trust his offense to be able to move the ball and not go 3 and out and leave time for the Broncos to mount another drive and score before the half.

That's pretty defensive thinking though, and not normally something Belichick would worry about considering he has the NFL's #1 offense and Tom Brady.

Cugel
12-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Joel View Post

That's a nice fantasy Joel, but you have to realize the chances are a lot better that the earth is going to be struck by a giant 6 mile wide flaming meteor like the one that killed all the dinosaurs sometime before this Christmas than that the NFL is going to do anything serious to the Patriots.

I mean that giant meteor hitting the earth thing actually happens every 100 million years or so.

OrangeHoof
12-03-2015, 01:23 AM
Actually you did say head first. Your exact words were "head to chest." I don't see how that couldn't mean head first. Also by the looks of it Barrett wasn't launching himself at Brady.

I'm sorry. I can't argue with someone who can't even admit the blatantly obvious visual evidence presented. Barrett didn't launch at Brady?? Well, he sure landed on him. Next, you'll tell me Brady ran under Barrett just so he could be hit like a basketball defender trying to draw a charge. That's how laughably clueless you sound.

CrazyHorse
12-03-2015, 02:44 AM

They had a good opportunity to try and run out out the clock near the end of regulation with around 4 minutes remaining and a lead but instead opted to pass leading to a 3 and out. That gave us the chance for the go ahead score. Terrible coaching, but that's the result of a one dimensional offense.

Joel
12-03-2015, 07:32 AM
They had a good opportunity to try and run out out the clock near the end of regulation with around 4 minutes remaining and a lead but instead opted to pass leading to a 3 and out. That gave us the chance for the go ahead score. Terrible coaching, but that's the result of a one dimensional offense.
Amen, just as in our last SB, or when we TRIED to run out the clock but COULDN'T against Baltimore in the 2012 playoffs. So glad our line's finally got the run game going (especially since it looks like they'll NEVER manage consistent pass blocking this year; makes credible running for play action all the more important.) I know NE* lost Lewis, but they still had Blount and all those scatbacks running fly patterns all game, yet:

They led from their first to our final regulation possession—on the road, in snow—but only ran 16 times. Three were that kneeldown drive at the end of the first half, too. Even after we lost our starting NT and run-stuffing SS, they kept trying to run out the clock with deep kill shots. This is why Buddy Ryan punched out Kevin Gilbride on the sideline.

Joel
12-03-2015, 07:50 AM
That was a strange decision. I was glad at the time, but in retrospect the only thing I can think of is that he was deep in his own end, and didn't trust his offense to be able to move the ball and not go 3 and out and leave time for the Broncos to mount another drive and score before the half.

That's pretty defensive thinking though, and not normally something Belichick would worry about considering he has the NFL's #1 offense and Tom Brady.
It's incredibly conservative thinking for Belicheat (he went for 4th and long with a 3 pt lead in a SB 4th qtr, but wouldn't try 1st and 10 with a TD lead in Denver?) We still had the 2:00 Warning and a pair of time outs, so we would always get the ball unless they got a conversion. Belicheat decided even the remote chance Brady did like Smith and committed a turnover just before the half was greater than the chance we'd make up a TD deficit in 30:00 at home. I was relieved and remain grateful, but that's insulting.

By the way, when I double checked the plays at PFR, I noticed they had our Win Probability at 0.6% when we got the ball after NE* started the 4th by taking a 21-7 lead. Clutch.

That's a nice fantasy Joel, but you have to realize the chances are a lot better that the earth is going to be struck by a giant 6 mile wide flaming meteor like the one that killed all the dinosaurs sometime before this Christmas than that the NFL is going to do anything serious to the Patriots.

I mean that giant meteor hitting the earth thing actually happens every 100 million years or so.
I know, but a man can dream. I've never been a sports guy, only a dyed-in-the-wool FOOTBALL guy as only a native Texan can be, and can't take the SECAAs elected champions (or elected playoff) seriously. So the NFL's all I've got, and was a very fine thing indeed growing up; there's a reason it displaced baseball as our national pass time, and most of that's the legacy of Pete Rozelles brilliant masterful management before, during and after the merger. Many of my earliest and best memories of my dad are thanks to the NFL.

It's disgusting and painful to compare that to the unwatchable greed-soaked blood sport of cheaters the NFL's become under Tagliabue and Goodell. We need a Fifty-Two Men Out.

7DnBrnc53
12-03-2015, 08:17 AM
when we TRIED to run out the clock but COULDN'T against Baltimore in the 2012 playoffs

They actually did run the clock down to 1:15 when Colquitt punted, and the Ravens started that fateful possession with 1:09 left at their own 23 needing a TD. According to the game chart on Pro Football Reference, that fateful bomb started with 41 seconds left, and with the Ravens on their own 30 with a 3rd and 3:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201301120den.htm

What happened that night was a one in a million play. And, while Rahim Moron was stupid for getting beat, it wasn't the only factor that cost us the game. On the IMDB page for the Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame show (that was on ESPN), I came up with 5 reasons that you couldn't blame him:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787424/board/thread/173043422?p=2&d=250231546#250231546

Also, when Fox decided to kneel down with 30 seconds left at the 20, I wonder if the absence of Knowshon Moreno factored into that decision. After he left with an injury, the Broncos didn't attack downfield as much anymore.

I know NE* lost Lewis, but they still had Blount and all those scatbacks running fly patterns all game

Their fans are complaining about him being out. Same for Amendola. They are trying to make these guys into Steve Largent and Barry Sanders. What delusional idiots.

Joel
12-03-2015, 08:53 AM
They actually did run the clock down to 1:15 when Colquitt punted, and the Ravens started that fateful possession with 1:09 left at their own 23 needing a TD. According to the game chart on Pro Football Reference, that fateful bomb started with 41 seconds left, and with the Ravens on their own 30 with a 3rd and 3:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201301120den.htm
They ran it down, but not OUT; we got a single first down, ran twice more for nothing, then MANNING AUDIBLED TO A RUN on 3rd and long, burning Baltimores last time out; if we hadn't let Flacco drive the field in 3 plays, we host the AFCCG after that. HOWEVER, if we gain >2 yds in 3 plays on our last series, all that's moot.

What happened that night was a one in a million play. And, while Rahim Moron was stupid for getting beat, it wasn't the only factor that cost us the game. On the IMDB page for the Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame show (that was on ESPN), I came up with 5 reasons that you couldn't blame him:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787424/board/thread/173043422?p=2&d=250231546#250231546

Also, when Fox decided to kneel down with 30 seconds left at the 20, I wonder if the absence of Knowshon Moreno factored into that decision. After he left with an injury, the Broncos didn't attack downfield as much anymore.
You left out Prater kicking the frozen dirt before the ball on a 50 yd attempt he usually hits in his sleep at Mile High; that cost us a chance to go to the locker room up 10 and gave the Ravens great field position, after which our #1 D committed its FIRST basic blunder against 2:00 offense by giving up a deep TD in <1:00. That final minute of the first half's at least as big as anything else in the game, because it was a 10 pt swing in a game that ended in DOT.

There were SO many thing SO many Broncos did wrong in that game though it's not fair to put all of it on any of them. Our two best players (i.g. Manning and Champ) were terrible, and one of the few who truly played solidly almost single-handedly kept us in it: Trindon Holliday (of all people.)

Their fans are complaining about him being out. Same for Amendola. They are trying to make these guys into Steve Largent and Barry Sanders. What delusional idiots.
To be (relatively) fair, most of their fans DO think Amendola's (at least) Largents equal. When healthy, their #1 and #2 are more like a #3 and #5, but grading on the Cheatriots smug self-entitled curve makes them All Pros. In seven seasons, the majority of Pro Bowl voters have NEVER agreed.

chazoe60
12-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Joel Klatt is a ******* douche bag. He just said on 104.3 that the calls against the Pats were terrible and that Brady was in the right to bitch and moan. Then he went on to say that the national narrative was that the Pats are okay and this was more about the Pats being injured and screwed over by the refs, and that this didn't do much of anything to show that the Broncos are true contenders. That's funny because I heard 3 different national guys say that the Broncos are their favorite to represent the AFC in the SB. Klatt claims to be a Bronco fan but all he does is suck Brady's duck and fawn over the Pats while talking shit about the Broncos. I'm not sure if I've ever heard him say a positive thing about the Broncos.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2015, 12:01 PM
I didn't know Brady had a duck.

chazoe60
12-03-2015, 12:09 PM
I didn't know Brady had a duck.

He does and Joek Klatt likes to suck on it.

Cugel
12-03-2015, 12:17 PM
This is why Buddy Ryan punched out Kevin Gilbride on the sideline.

I got a laugh out of that. I had totally forgotten about that hilarious moment in NFL history. :lol:

Cugel
12-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Personally, I hope the Pats get more and more convinced that the NFL is conspiring against them. Let them obsess about that more and more. I don't see how it helps them. It just makes them ever more angry, whiny and out of touch with the real world. And I can't imagine that it's going to help them with the refs to continually berate them.

But, clearly Godell realizes something is wrong with the refs, since he just referred the ref problems to the NFL's competition committee this AM saying that they need to take a look at "continuing to improve our refereeing."

I certainly hope that the Pats whining is not going to result in any rule changes, like an extended "Brady rule" to the effect that whenever Brady whines "super-hard" the refs must mollify him by throwing a 15-yard penalty on his opponent.

Joel
12-03-2015, 01:47 PM
I got a laugh out of that. I had totally forgotten about that hilarious moment in NFL history. :lol:
Oilers fan. Cowboys fan, too, though; I was really pissed when they hired Ryan, because I hadn't (and haven't) forgotten the Bounty Bowls. That whole family's nothing but douches, but the douche doesn't fall far from the douchebag. Then again, who has more SB Rings: Kevin Gilbride or Buddy Ryan? ;)

Northman
12-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Joel Klatt is a ******* douche bag. He just said on 104.3 that the calls against the Pats were terrible and that Brady was in the right to bitch and moan. Then he went on to say that the national narrative was that the Pats are okay and this was more about the Pats being injured and screwed over by the refs, and that this didn't do much of anything to show that the Broncos are true contenders. That's funny because I heard 3 different national guys say that the Broncos are their favorite to represent the AFC in the SB. Klatt claims to be a Bronco fan but all he does is suck Brady's duck and fawn over the Pats while talking shit about the Broncos. I'm not sure if I've ever heard him say a positive thing about the Broncos.

I promise im not Joel Klatt.

gregbroncs
12-03-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm sorry. I can't argue with someone who can't even admit the blatantly obvious visual evidence presented. Barrett didn't launch at Brady?? Well, he sure landed on him. Next, you'll tell me Brady ran under Barrett just so he could be hit like a basketball defender trying to draw a charge. That's how laughably clueless you sound.I'm not even sure Barrett hit his head. His arm is around his shoulder and his head is on the other shoulder. He didn't lead with his head and it doesn't appear that he hit his head. It does not look like a PF to me. To PF on the QB you must launch at him and hit him in the head. I don't think he did either one.

TXBRONC
12-03-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm sorry. I can't argue with someone who can't even admit the blatantly obvious visual evidence presented. Barrett didn't launch at Brady?? Well, he sure landed on him. Next, you'll tell me Brady ran under Barrett just so he could be hit like a basketball defender trying to draw a charge. That's how laughably clueless you sound.

Hoof I help it that you are blind in one and can't see out of the other.

TXBRONC
12-03-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm not even sure Barrett hit his head. His arm is around his shoulder and his head is on the other shoulder. He didn't lead with his head and it doesn't appear that he hit his head. It does not look like a PF to me. To PF on the QB you must launch at him and hit him in the head. I don't think he did either one.

It looks like Barrett is jumping up and forward trying to block the pass. You are correct the video clear Barrett hit ****Shady with his shoulder not his helmet.

Joel
12-03-2015, 02:21 PM
For what it's worth, I never saw him hit Bradys head, and he didn't make himself a missile, he just jumped UP (i.e. NOT laterally) to block a potential pass. But, y'know, someone touched their sainted lying cheater, so Cheats fans have to scream bloody murder. :rolleyes:

underrated29
12-03-2015, 02:36 PM
I promise im not Joel Klatt.

But how many times have you sucked a duck?
And how many of them have been bradys ducks?

TXBRONC
12-03-2015, 02:38 PM
For what it's worth, I never saw him hit Bradys head, and he didn't make himself a missile, he just jumped UP (i.e. NOT laterally) to block a potential pass. But, y'know, someone touched their sainted lying cheater, so Cheats fans have to scream bloody murder. :rolleyes:

If it was an illegal hit Barrett could still be fined for it iirc.

Joel
12-03-2015, 04:35 PM
If it was an illegal hit Barrett could still be fined for it iirc.
True, but since I'm 99.44% sure it was legal, I'm not too worried about that potential fine.

Davii
12-03-2015, 05:00 PM
True, but since I'm 99.44% sure it was legal, I'm not too worried about that potential fine.

I don't think Barrett was fined, Von Miller was though.

gregbroncs
12-03-2015, 05:08 PM
I don't think Barrett was fined, Von Miller was though.Von Miller's late hit was stupid as hell. He deserved to be fined.

Northman
12-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Von Miller's late hit was stupid as hell. He deserved to be fined.

He has a pretty long track record of stuff like that. Hell of a player certainly not the brightest bulb in the closet.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2015, 05:37 PM
He has a pretty long track record of stuff like that. Hell of a player certainly not the brightest bulb in the closet.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/11/12/9706804/is-von-miller-a-dirty-football-player

BroncoWave
12-03-2015, 05:42 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/11/12/9706804/is-von-miller-a-dirty-football-player

Just from watching him play, he's done some shady stuff this year. Week 2 when he slammed Kelce to the field after a play sticks out as well as against Indy when he rammed his knee into a guy's throat who was on the ground. The late hit on Brady I attribute more to stupidity than being dirty, but nonetheless he's crossed that line a lot more this year than I can remember in years past.

Northman
12-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Maybe the weed is making him really aggressive.

Northman
12-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Lmao, just saw someone post this on FB.

Would You Have Flagged Von Miller For Accidentally Falling On The Quarterback?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2015, 06:07 PM
This is an old Pat Riley jedi mind trick. The Patriots are spewing thus vitriol so they'll get the calls down the stretch run and in the playoffs.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Lmao, just saw someone post this on FB.

Wow.. I know some people have orange-n-blue goggles on, but if they think that was an accidental fall.... then they must be Von's mother.

Joel
12-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Just from watching him play, he's done some shady stuff this year. Week 2 when he slammed Kelce to the field after a play sticks out as well as against Indy when he rammed his knee into a guy's throat who was on the ground. The late hit on Brady I attribute more to stupidity than being dirty, but nonetheless he's crossed that line a lot more this year than I can remember in years past.
I'm speculating a bit here, but frankly think it's the bad influence of Talib and Ward. Miller did lose his cool and take a cheap shot at the end of his first playoff game against the Cheatriots, but he was a rookie then, so it was understandable despite being unacceptable, and I don't recall much of that since—until now. Granted he had an unrelated suspension in 2013, then missed the playoffs with injury, but, even so, 2 penalties in 10 games (one an offside) isn't bad.

I continue to wonder if fans will be shocked to see several defensive "studs" given their walking papers in the offseason so we have more cash to re-sign guys who play well and hit hard but LEGAL. Ware's not giving anyone cuddle hugs, but he's only had 9 PFs in 11 seasons, and most of his penalties are offsides. I don't think he's ever been suspended for a hit, and I can't recall the last time he was fined. But no one tells him to "ice up" after a game.

For what it's worth, I still think Millers knee-to-the-throat was an accident of being off balance after the guy pulled him down and a teammate tried to pull him back upright. At the very least there's plausible deniability; there's NO excuse for diving on Brady after someone else had already touched the QB down right in front of him.

Elevation inc
12-03-2015, 09:57 PM

Denver had a soft defense for years. I'm okay with these plays the throat one was a little to SUH for me but overall things like that hit to Brady I laugh at call him a dumbass and then laugh cause I know it probably pissed Brady off....if he crosses into SUH territory I would be concerned. As much as he gets held every game. I think a lot of it is frustration more than dirty play.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm speculating a bit here, but frankly think it's the bad influence of Talib and Ward.

Yeah.. that is a major reach. I th ink its just a tougher mentality on the defense. Add into the fact that Miller isn't exactly the sharpest tack in the box, and you have over-aggressive, dumb, penalties. They are penalties based on emotion over thought, which fits Miller's MO.

Elevation inc
12-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Yeah.. that is a major reach. I th ink its just a tougher mentality on the defense. Add into the fact that Miller isn't exactly the sharpest tack in the box, and you have over-aggressive, dumb, penalties. They are penalties based on emotion over thought, which fits Miller's MO.

I like the tougher mentality. Screw that soft crap we had for so many years

I Eat Staples
12-03-2015, 10:22 PM

I don't disagree with you, but man did I enjoy seeing Von slam Kelce to the ground. Those two have a history of shit talk, and Von got the best of him there.

Defensive players pretty much HAVE to be right on that line of "dirty" or they just aren't doing their job, because of the current rules of the game. Back in the day, we wouldn't even be having this discussion about Von. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, but it's definitely a thing.

OrangeHoof
12-03-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm cool with late hits and personal fouls as long as they don't cost you the game and they send a message, particularly early in a game when you want to rattle a shaky quarterback. Sometimes, it's worth 15 yards to get in a QB's head all afternoon. We don't need a team of boy scouts but you have to pick the right moments.

BroncoWave
12-03-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm cool with late hits and personal fouls as long as they don't cost you the game and they send a message, particularly early in a game when you want to rattle a shaky quarterback. Sometimes, it's worth 15 yards to get in a QB's head all afternoon. We don't need a team of boy scouts but you have to pick the right moments.

We seem to always ****ing do it on 3rd down on plays where we actually got the stop before the penalty. I like the toughness, but I hate the stupidity.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 14m

Von Miller got fined for that late hit on Tom Brady. Did Brady get fined for cursing at the official? That's normally an $11,567 offense.

Cugel
12-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Maybe the weed is making him really aggressive.

You mean the LACK of weed. Smoking weed makes people more mellow, not more aggressive. Also munchies. How brilliant is Peyton Manning for investing millions in a pizza franchise in a state where weed is legal?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-04-2015, 12:31 AM
You mean the LACK of weed. Smoking weed makes people more mellow, not more aggressive. Also munchies. How brilliant is Peyton Manning for investing millions in a pizza franchise in a state where weed is legal?
That's for sure. :laugh:

Joel
12-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Again, Ware's tough as they come, but never DIRTY. Did being a boy scout make Reggie White soft? I get that it's a full-contact sport and sometimes tempers flare, but that's very different from guys who make deliberately dirty hits an integral part of "their game," then get pissy and play innocent when refs nail them for it. Talib pokes a dude in the eye, then says, "I can't clap, ref? He don't have to answer, so he didn't." Ward takes a head shot then complains the refs "won't let him play at all." And we make him a team captain.

That's how teams earn a reputation like the Lions, Raiders and Seahawks, because it filters down from captains to soldiers. Ward's signed through 2017 and Talib through 2019, so I'll probably just have to live with it (though the dead money for cutting them isn't brutal, and trades are always an option.) I just don't like paying guys $7-10 million/yr to blow coverage and take cheap shots; they're not giving us ANYTHING for that cash while suspended.

EastCoastBronco
12-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Has anybody noticed, in all of this talk about "Dirty Play" that our most notorious dumb penalty guy has cleaned up his act?
I'm talking about Malik Jackson.
The guy has played clean ball for at least a month.

If he can clean up the dumb stuff, anybody can.

Joel
12-04-2015, 08:42 AM
I have noticed that, actually, and it's commendable as long as maintains the improvement. In Jackon's case though I've always thought it mental lapses and passion, not malice. It's never looked calculated, or been a defining pattern of his career; I wish the same were true of all our defensive starters.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Again, Ware's tough as they come, but never DIRTY. Did being a boy scout make Reggie White soft? I get that it's a full-contact sport and sometimes tempers flare, but that's very different from guys who make deliberately dirty hits an integral part of "their game," then get pissy and play innocent when refs nail them for it. Talib pokes a dude in the eye, then says, "I can't clap, ref? He don't have to answer, so he didn't." Ward takes a head shot then complains the refs "won't let him play at all." And we make him a team captain.

That's how teams earn a reputation like the Lions, Raiders and Seahawks, because it filters down from captains to soldiers. Ward's signed through 2017 and Talib through 2019, so I'll probably just have to live with it (though the dead money for cutting them isn't brutal, and trades are always an option.) I just don't like paying guys $7-10 million/yr to blow coverage and take cheap shots; they're not giving us ANYTHING for that cash while suspended.

I can say that I disagree with all of this.

Joel
12-04-2015, 01:48 PM
I can say that I disagree with all of this.
All? So DeMarcus Ware is and Reggie White WAS soft, or just as thuggish as Talib and Ward?

Northman
12-04-2015, 04:52 PM
We seem to always ****ing do it on 3rd down on plays where we actually got the stop before the penalty. I like the toughness, but I hate the stupidity.

You dont have to play dirty or cheap shot anyone to be a tough player. And i agree with you, the times that these plays happen couldnt come at the worst times during the games. Its just stupid.