PDA

View Full Version : official eat crow for bubba caldwell thread

ShaneFalco
11-30-2015, 01:23 AM
So yea. I have bashed him for years. Always saying that Denver should sign a real #4 wr.

Well, today Caldwell shut me up bad.

Was a great play. Time to eat some crow.

CrazyHorse
11-30-2015, 01:34 AM
I think a lot of it is chemistry. Osweiler is used to practicing with Caldwell and Latimer so they have timing down. I think this is also the reason him and DT weren't on the same page.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 01:39 AM
Caldwell sucks monkey nuts.

BroncoWave
11-30-2015, 06:55 AM
I think a lot of it is chemistry. Osweiler is used to practicing with Caldwell and Latimer so they have timing down. I think this is also the reason him and DT weren't on the same page.

Doesn't explain why he and Sanders are so on the same page though. He hits him in stride every single time. Whatever it is, it's definitely a DT problem.

I Eat Staples
11-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Caldwell made one good play, on an even better throw by Brock.

He still sucks and shouldn't be on a roster.

Rick
11-30-2015, 03:01 PM

He maybe shouldn't be on OUR roster but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be on a roster, like maybe the Raiders or Chiefs. I am all for bad players playing for them.

Valar Morghulis
11-30-2015, 05:18 PM
No crow for me

The dude is straight up terrible, one catch ain't going to change that.

Nice catch though.

NightTerror218
11-30-2015, 05:50 PM

DT would probably have missed that catch yesterday.

Joel
12-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Doesn't explain why he and Sanders are so on the same page though. He hits him in stride every single time. Whatever it is, it's definitely a DT problem.
One of the preseason fluff pieces was about Sanders having a jugs machine in his backyard; like good old Don Hutson, he spends hours practicing badly thrown or awkwardly positioned passes, and it shows. Maybe DT (whom, for the record, I like very much) should be taking notes. Or maybe the refs should remember that one mans right to swing his arm ends where it hits anothers nose, so just because both players have a right to the ball doesn't mean DBs can legally dive through DT as long as they glance toward the ball.

No crow here though; I've always thought Caldwell far better than most people credit. Not a #1/2 on a team with DT and Sanders, but not garbage, and chemistry cuts both ways: It makes as much sense to say he (and Latimer) are better with Oz because they and the QB know each other better from practice as it does to say they're worse with Manning because they and the QB DON'T know each other from practice.

EastCoastBronco
12-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Biggest difference between Sanders and Thomas...
Sanders goes and gets everything thrown at him.
Thomas waits for the ball to come to him.
If he has to bend or stretch or lay out for it, it's not happening.

Sanders is a baller. Plain and simple.
Thomas is playing like he just got paid.

I'm quite sure he doesn't give a shit but DT has long way to go to get back in my good books.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Biggest difference between Sanders and Thomas...
Sanders goes and gets everything thrown at him.
Thomas waits for the ball to come to him.
If he has to bend or stretch or lay out for it, it's not happening.

Sanders is a baller. Plain and simple.
Thomas is playing like he just got paid.

I'm quite sure he doesn't give a shit but DT has long way to go to get back in my good books.

Something isn't right with him. Mental or otherwise. Vic Lombardi said on the radio Monday that Thomas was devastated in how he played on Sunday Night. Happy we won, but would have put the blame on himself had we lost.

Something is going on with him.

EastCoastBronco
12-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Something isn't right with him. Mental or otherwise. Vic Lombardi said on the radio Monday that Thomas was devastated in how he played on Sunday Night. Happy we won, but would have put the blame on himself had we lost.

He's been playing this way most of the season.
Flashes of brilliance here and there but mostly just lazy, apathetic, inconsistent football.
I'm not usually too hard on players but when they are paid as much as he is it's hard not to get on his case.

BroncoWave
12-01-2015, 11:54 AM

Whatever it is I hope he gets it sorted out quickly because we are damn lucky those drops didn't cost us the game. We might not be as lucky the next time.

underrated29
12-01-2015, 11:54 AM

Yeah, too much sand in his vagina.
Someone made a good point about DT. Never once has he ever left his feet or dove for a ball. He will go up and sky a ball, but ive never seen him dive or lay out for one. I cannot recall this either.

Sandy Vag. He needs to stop being a puss

wayninja
12-01-2015, 12:18 PM

Exactly, it's not a chemistry issue, Sanders just has laser beam focus. Even when he's about to get decapitated after catching the ball. For whatever reason, DT's head is in the clouds.

Joel
12-01-2015, 12:27 PM

That's my feeling, too: He played hurt much of last year, and it showed; there were also reports of him being injured at the start of this season, and his play again reflected that.

Guy set a SB receptions record and prevented us getting shutout when we were getting BLOWN out despite having what was initially diagnosed as a separated shoulder in the 1st quarter, but suddenly he has no heart nor effort? That just doesn't track.

TXBRONC
12-01-2015, 12:33 PM

Sometimes quarterbacks and receivers who have played numerous years together get out of sync. The week before Osweiler and Thomas were in sync. Also I watched the game a couple of times and no Osweiler didn't hit Sanders in stride on catch he made. Thomas had a subpar night no big deal as far as I'm concerned.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2015, 01:29 PM
I don't know what Falco is talkign about, but Caldwell sucks ass. He's aweful, and certainly does NOT deserve any "eat crow" thread. The guyhas been on the team for how many years now? He's just plain terrible.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Sometimes quarterbacks and receivers who have played numerous years together get out of sync. The week before Osweiler and Thomas were in sync. Also I watched the game a couple of times and no Osweiler didn't hit Sanders in stride on catch he made. Thomas had a subpar night no big deal as far as I'm concerned.

DT didn't seem to have an ounce of fight in him Sunday night. DIdn't got TO the ball, didn't fight for the ball, didn't want to run crisp routes. People kept trying to tell me that he's better than Brandon Marshall....and I think we can all agree that he's not in the same conversation as Marshall.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Why do people get off on trashing our own players? I just don't get it

wayninja
12-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Why do people get off on trashing our own players? I just don't get it

What makes you say people get off on it? And why is pointing out a bad game "trashing" a player?

Hawgdriver
12-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Maybe DT's mom is back to her old ways now she's out of the joint. Maybe aliens. Maybe Caldwell is an alien. Maybe aliens are bad. Maybe they're good. What we do know is that these are important facts, and this here is a worthwhile discussion.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2015, 01:58 PM
What makes you say people get off on it? And why is pointing out a bad game "trashing" a player?

Because there's a difference. If you're a carpenter and I say you take a little too much time getting a roof done then that's pointing out issues. If I say you're terrible and wouldn't know how to fix a roof if your life depended on it then that sounds a little different. Then if I constantly talk about how shitty your are at carpentry work, that just adds to it.

I like the Broncos and I love all of our players. They show up and fight hard. I'll be as positive as I can and try to keep a positive atmosphere. People can do what they want. Everyone is different. I just don't get the point of constantly putting down our own players and acting like I know more than I really do

Dapper Dan
12-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Maybe DT's mom is back to her old ways now she's out of the joint. Maybe aliens. Maybe Caldwell is an alien. Maybe aliens are bad. Maybe they're good. What we do know is that these are important facts, and this here is a worthwhile discussion.

I like where you're going with this.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-01-2015, 02:33 PM

My gut says it has something to do with his mom.

EastCoastBronco
12-03-2015, 03:46 PM
On a positive note...
DT Played like shit.
Backup QB with 2 games experience.
Demarcus Ware and TJ Ward were both out...

We still beat the goddam Cheatriots.

If we can get everyone healthy for a playoff run we are going to be unstoppable.

Simple Jaded
12-05-2015, 09:08 PM
That pass to Caldwell on 3rd down of the first drive was perfectly thrown, I'll be glad to eat crow when he's making that catch consistently.