PDA

View Full Version : Are you a witness now?

Yashahla17
11-30-2015, 12:02 AM
Brock osweiler? Theres no going back to the backup felllas, this dude has whipped john fox and under and now belicheck and brady.

Dapper Dan
11-30-2015, 12:07 AM
Yeah, because we didn't win any games with Manning. Gfy

sneakers
11-30-2015, 12:13 AM
WITNeSSED!!!

http://i.imgur.com/rRwsbpB.png

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 12:27 AM
Brock osweiler? Theres no going back to the backup felllas, this dude has whipped john fox and under and now belicheck and brady.

**** we all knew Brock was going to take over when either Manning retired or got hurt.

Thanks John Madden for stating the obvious.

wayninja
11-30-2015, 12:40 AM
Brock is clearly the more able QB at this point. But **** off with the "I told you" shit. He threw 1 TD and 1 Interception. While I agree that he played a solid game, he's hardly the GOAT. CJ and our defense won this game, Brock was an able bodied hand on the wheel.

I Eat Staples
11-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Brock is clearly the more able QB at this point. But **** off with the "I told you" shit. He threw 1 TD and 1 Interception. While I agree that he played a solid game, he's hardly the GOAT. CJ and our defense won this game, Brock was an able bodied hand on the wheel.

That drive to give us the 24-21 lead was clutch though. Made 3 beautiful throws, especially the TD throw.

turftoad
11-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Manning for the playoffs!!!

wayninja
11-30-2015, 12:43 AM
That drive to give us the 24-21 lead was clutch though. Made 3 beautiful throws, especially the TD throw.

I'm not taking anything away from Brock. He did a great job. It's still 2 games, and acting like it's a 1 man show is stupid.

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 12:49 AM

Thank you. Agree on all points. Brock managed the game as good as he could.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-30-2015, 01:17 AM

Those deep balls were in the snow with it being about 20 degrees. That was impressive.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 01:45 AM
"I told you so" from the guy that only likes Bosweiler because he's not Peyton Manning, if it were Kyle Orton he'd be humping his leg.

GEM
11-30-2015, 01:50 AM
Manning for the playoffs!!!

No thank you...9-11 in the playoffs say that is a bad choice.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 01:53 AM
Maybe they bring Manning in on Goal-to-go sitches.

OrangeFanatic
11-30-2015, 01:56 AM

Best regular season QB ever...wort postseason QB ever...

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 02:04 AM

Bullshit.

GEM
11-30-2015, 02:06 AM
Bullshit.

Which part? His playoff record says it's truth.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 02:10 AM

Worst ever?

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 02:11 AM
Bullshit.

He has a GREAT record against the Broncos in the playoffs. Go figure.

GEM
11-30-2015, 02:15 AM
Not worst ever, but definitely below average.

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 02:20 AM

I can't blame the SB loss on him but it did happen while he was QB. One of my worst memories ever as a Broncos fan.

Get a gut feeling Manning will be starter when he's healthy. Can't the Broncos just put him on IR and avoid the drama/controversy?

MOtorboat
11-30-2015, 02:20 AM

Oh for ****'s sake, he's won a Super Bowl and played in two others.

There is nothing ******* below average about that.

Good grief.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 02:28 AM
His record is far better if he doesn't have to play in NE 75% of the time.

Pudge
11-30-2015, 02:28 AM
Oh for ****'s sake, he's won a Super Bowl and played in another.

Good grief.

He's been in three super bowls. Won one

MOtorboat
11-30-2015, 02:30 AM
He's been in three super bowls. Won one

Yeah. Fixed it. Nothing below average about that at all.

GEM
11-30-2015, 02:31 AM
Oh for ****'s sake, he's won a Super Bowl and played in two others.

Good grief.

9 wins and 11 losses in the playoffs and 1 win and 2 losses in the Super Bowl are by very definition, below average.

I get it takes a lot to get there...hence the great regular season qb, below average post season qb. I'd still take him over probably 20 other qb's in the league, but to say he hasn't been below average in the post season is being disingenuous.

Ps...**** auto correct!

MOtorboat
11-30-2015, 02:33 AM
9 win and 11 losses in the playoffs and 1 win and 2 losses in the Super Bowl are by very definition, below average.

It's below .500. Not below average.

GEM
11-30-2015, 02:39 AM
You got me on semantics. Still not sure he is the answer come playoff time.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 02:40 AM
He's won more playoff games than most QB's have played in.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 02:43 AM
I think Phyllis Rivers is 4-5, 9 games, the Chargers should cut bait and start over.

MOtorboat
11-30-2015, 02:44 AM

At 40, you're probably right.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Osweiler has to fall on his face to go back to Manning, imo.

Hawgdriver
11-30-2015, 03:08 AM
I hope Manning gets healthy. He might be the best quarterback to ever play the game. He deserves another ring.

SR
11-30-2015, 07:44 AM
9 wins and 11 losses in the playoffs and 1 win and 2 losses in the Super Bowl are by very definition, below average. I get it takes a lot to get there...hence the great regular season qb, below average post season qb. I'd still take him over probably 20 other qb's in the league, but to say he hasn't been below average in the post season is being disingenuous. Ps...**** auto correct!

Elway lost three Super Bowls before he won one. Guess he was below average in the playoffs too.

Northman
11-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Elway lost three Super Bowls before he won one. Guess he was below average in the playoffs too.

Not entirely the same thing in my opinion. Manning has always had better talent around him than Elway did honestly but i agree with you that you cant pin every failure in the post season on Manning. You win some and lose some and unfortunately like Marino sometimes things just simply dont go your way. The one mega achilles heel for Manning has always been the road bump called the Patriots, something that Elway never had to face consistently during his SB runs.

Bronco4ever
11-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Yasha, we went 2-1 in these games you said we'd all lose. Don't make a thread pretending like you knew we were going to win all this time.

TXBRONC
11-30-2015, 10:02 AM

That isn't anywhere near true OF.

TXBRONC
11-30-2015, 10:08 AM

If he were playing at level he was his first two season's in Denver then I would disagree with you.

Ravage!!!
11-30-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm still pretty concerned with how Brock can't seem to find the second WR, and takes SOOO much time in the pocket. Then, when he runs, he doesn't run to buy time, but tucks it to literally run which doesn't keep any DBs back in fear of him throwing. I'm pretty surprised about these things, actually.

tripp
11-30-2015, 11:02 AM
I'm still pretty concerned with how Brock can't seem to find the second WR, and takes SOOO much time in the pocket. Then, when he runs, he doesn't run to buy time, but tucks it to literally run which doesn't keep any DBs back in fear of him throwing. I'm pretty surprised about these things, actually.

Yeah thought the same thing last night. When the Pats had the ball in OT, just before Brady was sacked, he had the awareness to throw the ball away to save being pushed back another 6 yards or so, I wish Brock would do the same thing. I'm putting it down to inexperience and hoping he can go through the reads and find the right receiver. He doesn't always have to make something out of nothing

olathebroncofan
11-30-2015, 11:11 AM

Yeah thought the same thing last night. When the Pats had the ball in OT, just before Brady was sacked, he had the awareness to throw the ball away to save being pushed back another 6 yards or so, I wish Brock would do the same thing. I'm putting it down to inexperience and hoping he can go through the reads and find the right receiver. He doesn't always have to make something out of nothing

Yea. Give him time. It's one thing to sit behind a great qb in manning, but is another thing when it's live fire. Imagine what it might be like when he has a full training ground camp with most of the reps with the #1s. He hasn't had that yet.

My concern is if he keeps playing a this level or better, what type of contract is he going to be asking for. It's a good problem to have I guess. We were all thinking that he might get a decent raise, but now I'm thinking he is going to want not elite money, but up there somewhere.

Ravage!!!
11-30-2015, 11:12 AM

Yeah. I remember watching Brady do that a LOT when he was playing against the Bill last week. Just throws the ball into the dirt, and ready to move on. We need Brock to have that same mentality. Throw it away, and keep the yardage, and live to fight a second day.

Ravage!!!
11-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Yea. Give him time. It's one thing to sit behind a great qb in manning, but is another thing when it's live fire. Imagine what it might be like when he has a full training ground camp with most of the reps with the #1s. He hasn't had that yet.

My concern is if he keeps playing a this level or better, what type of contract is he going to be asking for. It's a good problem to have I guess. We were all thinking that he might get a decent raise, but now I'm thinking he is going to want not elite money, but up there somewhere.

My concern as well. Even if he doesn't improve, we will have to pay him starting QB money to keep him, as he absolutely will get those offers from around the league. I don't have a problem paying him starting money if he's going to be starting, that's just what will be done. But how much will other team's offer? We run into the problem they have in San Fran. Paying a QB big bucks that didn't really have time to prove if he's worth that kind of dough (although Kap had even more time). But he's not going to get "elite" money, but certainly paid.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Yeah. I remember watching Brady do that a LOT when he was playing against the Bill last week. Just throws the ball into the dirt, and ready to move on. We need Brock to have that same mentality. Throw it away, and keep the yardage, and live to fight a second day.

Some qb's just aren't wired that way, Rothlisburger, Rogers, Flacco, Wilson.

Ravage!!!
11-30-2015, 11:22 AM
Some qb's just aren't wired that way, Rothlisburger, Rogers, Flacco, Wilson.

True, but all those move and run while looking downfield.

I Eat Staples
11-30-2015, 01:58 PM
I'll never believe in there being a difference between regular season games and post-season games, other than the fact that postseason games usually are against better competition.

There's no such thing as a clutch gene or anything of that nature. It doesn't matter how big the moment is, when you're on the field, there's no time to think about anything other than playing out each individual play. If you're good, you're good. Doesn't matter whether it's week 2 or the Superbowl.

The NFL playoffs also have an insane amount of variance. So much is decided by luck in the NFL, and in a one-and-done format, the best teams don't usually win for that very reason. Fumbles, missed calls, missed field goals...all unpredictable and can decide the outcomes of games. Manning himself has fell victim to all the above in the playoffs on multiple occasions. And, of course, Bellichick has had his number. Not because it's the playoffs, but because it's Bellichick.

wayninja
12-01-2015, 12:21 PM
I'll never believe in there being a difference between regular season games and post-season games, other than the fact that postseason games usually are against better competition.

There's no such thing as a clutch gene or anything of that nature. It doesn't matter how big the moment is, when you're on the field, there's no time to think about anything other than playing out each individual play. If you're good, you're good. Doesn't matter whether it's week 2 or the Superbowl.

The NFL playoffs also have an insane amount of variance. So much is decided by luck in the NFL, and in a one-and-done format, the best teams don't usually win for that very reason. Fumbles, missed calls, missed field goals...all unpredictable and can decide the outcomes of games. Manning himself has fell victim to all the above in the playoffs on multiple occasions. And, of course, Bellichick has had his number. Not because it's the playoffs, but because it's Bellichick.

There is no difference physically, but there's a huge difference mentally. And mentality is a big part of the game. Some guys are totally numb to it, and some guys (see Andy Dalton) let it creep into their psyche's. It's a thing.

Yashahla17
12-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Yasha, we went 2-1 in these games you said we'd all lose. Don't make a thread pretending like you knew we were going to win all this time.

It's astonishing the lack of comprehension you and others have, I clearly said the broncos would love 4 in a row if manning stayed in. Brock is 2-0. Manning was 0-2. Please learn to read basic english and grown basic comprehension skills, last time you said this dumb shit i ignored you hoping you'd go and read what was actually said but you still didnt. So you might want to wave you arse through the search engine and see that i said the wheels were falling off with manning.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2015, 01:24 PM
There is no difference physically, but there's a huge difference mentally. And mentality is a big part of the game. Some guys are totally numb to it, and some guys (see Andy Dalton) let it creep into their psyche's. It's a thing.

Probably not. It's definitely a "perceived" thing more than actually being a "thing."

Yashahla17
12-01-2015, 01:26 PM

Agreed. Going back to manning at any point would be a disaster

I Eat Staples
12-01-2015, 01:45 PM

I just think Andy Dalton isn't a very good QB. The only reason you notice it more in the playoffs is because the competition is better. He's always been good at torching bad teams but being ineffective vs good ones.

wayninja
12-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Probably not. It's definitely a "perceived" thing more than actually being a "thing."

Psychology is definitely a thing, and perception affects reality.

Davii
12-01-2015, 02:22 PM
It's astonishing the lack of comprehension you and others have, I clearly said the broncos would love 4 in a row if manning stayed in. Brock is 2-0. Manning was 0-2. Please learn to read basic english and grown basic comprehension skills, last time you said this dumb shit i ignored you hoping you'd go and read what was actually said but you still didnt. So you might want to wave you arse through the search engine and see that i said the wheels were falling off with manning.

*Manning
*English
*grow (Assuming that is what you meant, the sentence also has some structural issues making it difficult to know what you meant there)
*I
*didn't
*wade (this doesn't fit well, but it fits better than "wave")
*your
*I
*Manning

People would have an easier time comprehending and understanding what points you are attempting to troll if you didn't have such a lack of basic grammatical tools. Work on it. TIA.

Canmore
12-01-2015, 02:53 PM
*Manning
*English
*grow (Assuming that is what you meant, the sentence also has some structural issues making it difficult to know what you meant there)
*I
*didn't
*your
*I
*Manning

People would have an easier time comprehending and understanding what points you are attempting to troll if you didn't have such a lack of basic grammatical tools. Work on it. TIA.

Give Yashi a break. He is a product of public education. I think he suited up for the sixth grade ceremony.

NightTerror218
12-01-2015, 03:07 PM
My 2 cents. Manning has to know he is not the same as 2 yrs ago. He wants to play but I hope he accepts that Brock is a better fit for this offense. It runs smoother and he has the arm strength to get ball to where he wants without the interceptions. Before his injuries he was ranked 31st in the NFL, leading the NFL in turnovers. He knows he can not step into the pocket to deliver a throw knowing he is going to get smashed, he takes the sack to save his body.

Kubiak will be in the worst position when he is healthy. But IMO is that defenses play against Manning a certain way forcing the ball deep, or to the outside. They crowd the middle which kills the run. Running the RB from the pistol and shotgun messes with the timing for the OL to run block and open a hole. The offense with Manning may have adjusted but I doubt the zone blocking has, still same blocks, same cut blocks, same getting out to secondary quick for 2nd blocks.

TXBRONC
12-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Give Yashi a break. He is a product of public education. I think he suited up for the sixth grade ceremony.

:pound:

TimHippo
12-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Yashi, in THE, House!
Go Yashi, go Yashi, go Yashi, Go!

SR
12-02-2015, 08:44 AM

I went to public schools :(

Ravage!!!
12-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Psychology is definitely a thing, and perception affects reality.

More of a perception bythe fans than the players. Fans are MUCH more emotionally involved than the players. Playing on the field takes on a completely different feel. One snap, and the nerves disappear. The "hype" disappears, and its just a game like any other game. You ALWAYS want to win, no matter what. But the fans feel the overblown "hype" of the "difference" in a playoff game and regular season because its just shoved down our throats.

So yeah.. the perception of it being "different" affects your reality. But I'm with Staples on this, and don't believe it changes anything on the field as far as how things are played or how players play.

Ravage!!!
12-02-2015, 10:54 AM
*Manning
*English
*I
*didn't
*your
*I
*Manning

He also replaced a period with a comma in the first sentence after the word "have." Same thing in his fourth sentence after the word "skills." He also should have placed a comma after the word "shit" and "said."

He has a really, really, hard time with punctuation.