PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller is being held and hindered, yet remains undeterred

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2015, 10:44 AM
No team has seen its opponents called for fewer holding penalties than the Broncos. But Miller isn't letting it rankle him.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- At this point, the surprise will be when an official's flag does fly as Von Miller gets held by an opposing blocker.

Holding is a standard part of trying to keep Miller out of the backfield. Such penalties are often left uncalled; as anyone who watches enough football knows, not every holding infraction is going to end in a flag.

But it's slightly unusual that the Broncos have seen their opponents whistled for fewer offensive holding penalties than anyone else in The league. There have been just five holding penalties called for opponents grabbing Broncos defenders this season; one of them was declined and another was part of offsetting penalties.

That's an average of 0.5 holding penalties called against Broncos opponents per game. According to NFLPenalties.com, each team is called for an average of 3.46 offensive holding penalties per game, so it seems a bit unfathomable that Broncos foes have been whistled so few times.

rest, plus videos
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Von-Miller-is-being-held-and-hindered-yet-remains-undeterred/60b670da-6604-4a1f-8602-b1813366eac3

SR
11-27-2015, 10:51 AM
It's BS is what it is.

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm glad Mase put some numbers to this. I had felt that we were not getting holding calls at a "normal" rate. Now I know my feeling was justified.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm glad Mase put some numbers to this. I had felt that we were not getting holding calls at a "normal" rate. Now I know my feeling was justified.

And this now should clear up the posts that Von is nothing without DeMarcus.

TXBRONC
11-27-2015, 04:33 PM

Miller was already one of the best pass rushers in the League when Ware came to town.

NightTrainLayne
11-27-2015, 05:42 PM

No, I don't imagine it will, but you can safely ignore any football related posts from folks who post that drivel.

Simple Jaded
11-28-2015, 12:35 AM
NFL officiating seems legit.

wayninja
11-29-2015, 08:11 PM
I guess this proves what everyone already suspected... It's pretty easy to block Miller.