PDA

View Full Version : Soccer in the Snow!

OrangeHoof
11-26-2015, 11:55 AM
OK, I love football played in the snow but Fox Sports 2 is now showing European League soccer between club teams from Switzerland and Russia somewhere in Russia that is being played in a strong snow storm that apparently started after the match began. Fascinating.

The players are still running around in shorts, exposing their knees, but they are all wearing gloves and playing with a bright orange ball which, at least, stands out better against the white pitch.

Players seem to have good footing for the time being but they are sliding further when they skid to break up a play.

There are some cute Russian girls hanging in there to watch the match in the cold.

MOtorboat
11-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Europe plays league seasons from August to May, typically, so they play right through winter.

This is Europa league, an international European competition for the second tier teams in each league.

weazel
11-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Love playing football in the snow and soccer in the rain... played soccer in the snow a few times, it's gay. Not because of cold but because the game is so slow.

OrangeHoof
11-26-2015, 01:30 PM
played soccer in the snow a few times, it's gay.

Actually, soccer is gay anytime. But I'd just never seen it played in snow.

weazel
11-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Actually, soccer is gay anytime. But I'd just never seen it played in snow.

I admit it sucks to watch but its a fun game to play.

aberdien
11-26-2015, 07:56 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2364877/20130322223621.jpg

Good times.