PDA

View Full Version : Brock will start against the Pats

pnbronco
11-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Just heard it on the news. Please merge if there is a thread already....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Brooke Shields?

chazoe60
11-23-2015, 02:25 PM
I'm so stoked that Denver will have the first female to ever start in the NFL but I'd be lying if I didn't tell you my confidence is a bit shaken.

I Eat Staples
11-23-2015, 02:25 PM
The situation is more dire than I thought...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2015, 02:26 PM
I'm so stoked that Denver will have the first female to ever start in the NFL but I'd be lying if I didn't tell you my confidence is a bit shaken.

I'm worried too my friend, although if they start her at LT the ceiling is pretty low.

Nomad
11-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Could be Brooke Burke! Ol' Medford was in love with her.

GEM
11-23-2015, 02:27 PM
:lol: Autocorrect is a bitch!

chazoe60
Brooke Shields>>>>>>>>Ryan Harris

GEM
Could be Brooke Burke! Ol' Medford was in love with her.

I miss Medford! One of the best dudes I have ever met!

LawDog

Brooke has some height, but I don't know about her mobility. Still, I think the unibrow versus sweats-and-a-blazer is a toss up.

pnbronco
11-23-2015, 02:36 PM
:lol: Autocorrect is a bitch!

:laugh: yeah it is....I was trying to run and did look very close....:lol:

BroncoJoe
11-23-2015, 02:48 PM
So, this isn't a good stat for all the stat lovers out there:

Osweiler will become the 54th quarterback to make one of his first 16 starts as a pro against a Bill Belichick-led Patriots team. The previous quarterbacks are 14-39 in those games.

Bright side? There have been 14 wins...

Valar Morghulis
11-23-2015, 02:49 PM
So, this isn't a good stat for all the stat lovers out there: Bright side? There have been 14 wins...

The law of averages favors us lol

EastCoastBronco
11-23-2015, 02:53 PM
A bigger question is...
Is Ware starting?

Nomad
11-23-2015, 02:57 PM
A bigger question is...
Is Ware starting?

I thought someone said a month+. Im not sure how long he's been out.

EastCoastBronco
11-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Our D just isn't the same without him.

tripp
11-23-2015, 03:26 PM
I thought someone said a month+. Im not sure how long he's been out.

We'll find out Wednesday I'd imagine.

Northman
11-23-2015, 04:38 PM

Emma Watson >>>> all of you. :D

Dapper Dan
11-23-2015, 05:18 PM
I miss Medford! One of the best dudes I have ever met!

Psht. Only because we've never met. We've never met, right? I drank too much in Denver.

Slick
11-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Good. The experience will be good for Brock. We'll also avoid a week of Brady vs Manning talk.

DenBronx
11-23-2015, 06:09 PM

Emma Watson >>>> all of you. :D

I heard she recently had a threesome with 2 black dudes and one of them was a member of ISIS. That's the rumor.

Northman
11-23-2015, 06:13 PM
I heard she recently had a threesome with 2 black dudes and one of them was a member of ISIS. That's the rumor.

:lol:

Tned
11-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Just heard it on the news. Please merge if there is a thread already....

Just read my Broncos press conference quotes and saw this. All things considered, I think it's the right move. While Brock didn't look like Elway (Brady, Manning, Montana, etc.) reincarnate, he looked solid. I read Klis or someone saying prior to the game that he was tasked with not turning the ball over, managing the game and letting the Broncos defense win the game (paraphrasing by memory) and that's just what he did.

NE will be a very big test, but I would not be utterly shocked if Brock wins the job from this point forward. That said, I also wouldn't be shocked if Manning was back later in the season for the playoff run. I think at this point it's going to have more to do with Brock's performance than Manning's health, because all signs are that Brock is more capable of running the offense that Kubiak wants to call.

tomjonesrocks
11-23-2015, 08:02 PM

What do you mean, "you people"?

:racist:

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/No+seriously+where+do+quot+they+quot+call+it+flami ngo+_ff737cd80eeca0ae1d3229b7c7f86d66.jpeg

tomjonesrocks
11-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Just read my Broncos press conference quotes and saw this. All things considered, I think it's the right move. While Brock didn't look like Elway (Brady, Manning, Montana, etc.) reincarnate, he looked solid. I read Klis or someone saying prior to the game that he was tasked with not turning the ball over, managing the game and letting the Broncos defense win the game (paraphrasing by memory) and that's just what he did. NE will be a very big test, but I would not be utterly shocked if Brock wins the job from this point forward. That said, I also wouldn't be shocked if Manning was back later in the season for the playoff run. I think at this point it's going to have more to do with Brock's performance than Manning's health, because all signs are that Brock is more capable of running the offense that Kubiak wants to call.

If Brock manages to beat the Pats then we have a situation where it's very tough to bring Manning back in. Unquestionably. Then we are talking Karpernick-like hype. Bledsoe would be brought up.

That's so unlikely though. Broncos lose this game by 3 TDs IMO and Brock will have 2-3 picks throwing the ball up for grabs trying to come back. I expect the game to be over by halftime.

To be fair I'm glad Manning won't be in there but these two teams don't belong on the same field right now.

IMO.

Tned
11-23-2015, 08:12 PM
If Brock manages to beat the Pats then we have a situation where it's very tough to bring Manning back in. Unquestionably. Then we are talking Karpernick-like hype. Bledsoe would be brought up.

That's so unlikely though. Broncos lose this game by 3 TDs IMO and Brock will have 2-3 picks throwing the ball up for grabs trying to come back. I expect the game to be over by halftime.

To be fair I'm glad Manning won't be in there but these two teams don't belong on the same field right now.

IMO.

Based on the way the defense played the first seven games of the season, I would have said I totally disagree, based on how they have played the last three (good, but not great), there is a chance the Broncos could be out by halftime. I think it's as much about which Denver defense shows up, as much as it is about how Brock plays.

tomjonesrocks
11-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Based on the way the defense played the first seven games of the season, I would have said I totally disagree, based on how they have played the last three (good, but not great), there is a chance the Broncos could be out by halftime. I think it's as much about which Denver defense shows up, as much as it is about how Brock plays.

I guess we are going to find out but am truly relieved I don't have to watch another indignity for Manning. Last year: Brady is Better chants in Foxboro. Then injury, the Colts sending him home convincingly in the playoffs and his primary era nemesis cruising home with the Lombardi can the team that humiliated the Broncos in the SB. WTE is still raping us while laughing hysterically somewhere.

Belichick vs new starting QB. With an offense that hasn't scored 30 all year and can't run whatsoever most weeks. With one legit WR that's not hurt.

If Talib can cover Gronk, and the rush can get to Brady ALL night -- I may be wrong. But I see a complete ass-kicking and if I were the type to bet against my rooting interests I'd be very comfortable putting large sums of money on it.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Brady is taking some mean hits, NE offensive line is getting man handled right now.

CrazyHorse
11-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, and Kyle Orton have all beaten the Patriots. I have faith Brock Osweiler can too.

Dzone
11-23-2015, 10:26 PM
The 1968 Baltimore Colts had a similar situation. Johnny Unitas got injured and his backup Earl Morral led the colts to the 3rd super bowl. When the colts fell behind the new york jets in super bowl III, Unitas came off the bench to try to mount a comeback. Unitas was rusty and played terrible and threw an interception to johnny sample, I believe. I could be wrong, but thats what I recall from the Sports Jeopardy game show. If history repeats, then osweiller would lead the team to super bowl 50 and manning would come off the bench to try and save the game. Crazier things have happened lol

NightTerror218
11-23-2015, 10:37 PM
Just read my Broncos press conference quotes and saw this. All things considered, I think it's the right move. While Brock didn't look like Elway (Brady, Manning, Montana, etc.) reincarnate, he looked solid. I read Klis or someone saying prior to the game that he was tasked with not turning the ball over, managing the game and letting the Broncos defense win the game (paraphrasing by memory) and that's just what he did.

NE will be a very big test, but I would not be utterly shocked if Brock wins the job from this point forward. That said, I also wouldn't be shocked if Manning was back later in the season for the playoff run. I think at this point it's going to have more to do with Brock's performance than Manning's health, because all signs are that Brock is more capable of running the offense that Kubiak wants to call.

The one thing about Kubiak's offense is the be patient as the QB, the deep ball will happen just take the crossing routes, dump it off to RB and work your way down field. It's not flashy and is conservative but we saw Manning hit some of the deep ones. Saw Brock hit some in preseason as well. But I do think missing Sanders did not help that either.

Northman
11-24-2015, 07:51 AM
Brady is taking some mean hits, NE offensive line is getting man handled right now.

Their Oline is as bad as Denver's.

Northman
11-24-2015, 07:55 AM
The 1968 Baltimore Colts had a similar situation. Johnny Unitas got injured and his backup Earl Morral led the colts to the 3rd super bowl. When the colts fell behind the new york jets in super bowl III, Unitas came off the bench to try to mount a comeback. Unitas was rusty and played terrible and threw an interception to johnny sample, I believe. I could be wrong, but thats what I recall from the Sports Jeopardy game show. If history repeats, then osweiller would lead the team to super bowl 50 and manning would come off the bench to try and save the game. Crazier things have happened lol

That would be my only concern if Brock manages to keep us winning and moving into the playoffs. Your example is a good one and another example would be when Denver went to KC on their way to the first SB win. Grbac went down early in the season and Rich Gannon came in to take over. The Chiefs managed to make the playoffs and hosted Denver only to insert Grbac into the lineup. Well, we all know what happened there even though i think we still would of found a way to pull it out from ol Shottyheimer but one could argue that Grbac was rusty messed with the chemistry the team had built with Gannon at that point.

broncosfan32
11-24-2015, 09:33 AM
I am excited to see Brock start again. He looked fairly comfortable in the position last week and I have confidence in his abilities. Pats are going to be tough though. Each week Pat Kirwan and the Real Football Network highlight some QB's and breakdown their passing map. Here is a look at Brock's pssing game and what he is going to be up against with the Pats: https://realfootballnetwork.com/2015/11/23/ne-den-brock-osweiler-passing-map/

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 11:37 AM
Their Oline is as bad as Denver's.

Should be interesting next week.

Ravage!!!
11-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Their OL is not as bad as Denver's is. It's not even close.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-24-2015, 11:56 AM

Brady is pretty good at hiding their deficiencies, like Manning use to be able to do. However, I agree they're not as bad.

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 12:05 PM
I dont care if there as bad as ours, when your qb takes vicious hits like i seen brady taking it can't be a good thing. If we can get some hits on brady like that we will surely be in his head. Brady was grimacing after a few of those hits.

Ravage!!!
11-24-2015, 01:39 PM
I dont care if there as bad as ours, when your qb takes vicious hits like i seen brady taking it can't be a good thing. If we can get some hits on brady like that we will surely be in his head. Brady was grimacing after a few of those hits.

Yeah.. Brady is pretty bad about handling pressure. :blink:

Northman
11-24-2015, 02:09 PM

I guess being ranked 16th in the NFL is a mirage and all the sacks are because Brady is holding onto the ball to long. :lol:

I Eat Staples
11-24-2015, 07:06 PM
The Pats' O-line is really, really bad. It was bad to start the year and has gotten a lot worse with the injuries they have.