PDA

View Full Version : Manning intends to play in 2016

CrazyHorse
11-22-2015, 08:55 PM
One week after being benched, Peyton Manning did not make the start on Sunday for the Denver Broncos against the Chicago Bears. As a matter of fact, he didn’t even travel with the team to Chicago as his replacement, Brock Osweiler, led them to a 17-15 win.

Between the way he looked last year in the playoffs and the injuries that he’s dealt with this year thus far, there are some that believe we have seen the last of Manning on a football field, which would not be a bad thing after the illustrious career. Then, of course, there are some people that believe Manning is not done yet on the field and will look to make a run in 2016.

Well, fans of the latter may be right, and shockingly enough, it might not be for the Broncos. Mike Florio stated on NBC prior to the Sunday Night Football Game that Manning does intend to be on the field next season — even if it’s not in an orange uniform.

http://fansided.com/2015/11/22/peyton-manning-play-2016-not-broncos/

tripp
11-22-2015, 08:56 PM
The first thing I thought when I heard this was: Bad timing.

I doubt Peyton had said this today, yesterday, or the day he found out he was going to be benched for Brock. I'm not even sure if Peyton has actually said this to anyone of credibility. But either way, bad timing.

I wonder why they chose to bring this up today after Brock just threw for 250 yards and 2 TD's 0 INT's and a Broncos win. Hmmmm. :tsk:

CrazyHorse
11-22-2015, 08:58 PM
The first thing I thought when I heard this was: Bad timing.

I agree, why even put that out on the table before the end of the season.

tripp
11-22-2015, 08:59 PM
I agree, why even put that out on the table before the end of the season.

Exactly, that's something you sit down and think about during the off-season. Zero reason for this to come out today, mid-season. I can almost confidently say if he does return to the NFL, it won't be as a Bronco. Despite how Brock performed today. His performance did help solidify that however.

spikerman
11-22-2015, 09:00 PM
I don't buy it.

Slick
11-22-2015, 09:02 PM
I don't buy it.

I hope not. It's really insecure and classless if true.

broncobryce
11-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Favre part 2? As long as he isn't playing here I couldn't care less. At this point he just wants the records, like Favre.

Nomad
11-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Favre part 2? As long as he isn't playing here I couldn't care less. At this point he just wants the records, like Favre.

Nah.....Manning will never take a pic of his junk, and send it to some woman. :D

Nomad
11-22-2015, 09:15 PM
I don't buy it.

You think the media is stirring the pot.

aberdien
11-22-2015, 09:20 PM
Deluded

broncobryce
11-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Nah.....Manning will never take a pic of his junk, and send it to some woman. :D

Well played, sir.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't buy it.

I'm with you

spikerman
11-22-2015, 09:28 PM

Yeah. Looking for a story.

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Well if this is true, it must mean Peyton knows he isn't being reinserted into the starting lineup. Would be pretty classless to let it leak though.

I have no clue if it's true or not, but it would be unfortunate if so. And god help whatever poor team gets duped into bringing him in next year.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 09:32 PM
I hope not. It's really insecure and classless if true.

What is insecure and classless?

Slick
11-22-2015, 10:06 PM
What is insecure and classless?

Thinking that this needs to come out today of all days.

Nomad
11-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Yeah. Looking for a story.

Well....this Florio guy is running with his spoon:D.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/22/peyton-manning-is-absolutely-determined-to-get-healthy-and-to-play/

broncobryce
11-22-2015, 10:21 PM
Manning has been garbage this year, and half of last year. Good riddance.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 10:23 PM
Manning has been garbage this year, and half of last year. Good riddance.

After everything Manning has done for you? Smh

MOtorboat
11-22-2015, 10:24 PM

It's logical to think reporters are asking these questions as they've all been posed at this site this week. So searching for answers to those questions, Florio finds someone who he thinks is credible enough to run with it and Sunday night being his biggest audience of the week on NBC he reports it there.

It's more logical to think that's what happened than to think Manning did it on purpose and maliciously.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 10:24 PM

So Florio is insecure and classless?

MOtorboat
11-22-2015, 10:26 PM
So Florio is insecure and classless?

No. He's saying Manning let out this information on purpose on this day to undermine Denver and Osweiler.

Simple Jaded
It's logical to think reporters are asking these questions as they've all been posed at this site this week. So searching for answers to those questions, Florio finds someone who he thinks is credible enough to run with it and Sunday night being his biggest audience of the week on NBC he reports it there.

It's more logical to think that's what happened than to think Manning did it on purpose and maliciously.
Manning is insecure and classless?

Denver Native (Carol)
Well....this Florio guy is running with his spoon:D.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/22/peyton-manning-is-absolutely-determined-to-get-healthy-and-to-play/

I just read that article, and it sure is different than what was posted to start this thread.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Jesus Christ on a Popsicle stick. :rolleyes:

broncobryce
11-22-2015, 10:29 PM
After everything Manning has done for you? Smh

He hasn't done anything for me. I hated him when he was with the colts, and didn't want him to come here either. Never liked the guy, I thought I would warm up to him but never did. He regularly chokes, and that bothers me. You're welcome to have your own opinion, but look back at my post history and you'll see I've said all this from the very beginning.

Nomad
11-22-2015, 10:32 PM
BRONCOS have been on TV more up here since the arrival of Manning.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 10:33 PM
He hasn't done anything for me. I hated him when he was with the colts, and didn't want him to come here either. Never liked the guy, I thought I would warm up to him but never did. He regularly chokes, and that bothers me. You're welcome to have your own opinion, but look back at my post history and you'll see I've said all this from the very beginning.

Yeah I know, just ******* with you. Matter of fact I think it was you that used that same line on me that one time I said something negative about Tebow, I use it all the time now.

I hope it gives people as much of a laugh as it gave me, I never laughed so hard. Seriously.

God I love this season.

broncobryce
11-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Yeah I know, just ******* with you. Matter of fact I think it was you that used that same line on me that one time I said something negative about Tebow, I use it all the time now.

I hope it gives people as much of a laugh as it gave me, I never laughed so hard. Seriously.

God I love this season.

This season has been awesome. Next week will be a huge test for Brock and hopefully he passes, and we can bid Manning a goodbye and see him in the hall. Just don't want to see him in Bronco colors ever again.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Shit, I hate Manning too, I've never liked him, I hate his stupid offense. But we've been lucky beyond any realistic expectations to have him, if he's up to it he can play for my favorite team until he's not up to it.

Phylis Rivers too, hate him with a passion, I couldn't possibly care less if I tried. Suit him up.

I Eat Staples
11-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Peyton will always be a Colt, he knows it, they know it, we know it. But with what he's done since coming to Denver, how can you not become a huge fan of him? I get wanting to move on to Brock, it's time for that, but I don't get the vitriol toward Manning.

What's even wrong with his comments? He wants to play again, and if Denver doesn't want him, he wants to play somewhere else. I think it's a bad decision, but if it's what he wants, why not say it?

WJK
11-22-2015, 11:21 PM
It's disappointing if true. Still have nothing but admiration for him. Wasn't a huge fan of him in Indy but that's solely because he regularly slaughtered us. 2012 to now has been a refreshing oasis in the post-Shanahan desert, despite our playoff results. If he's on another team next year, I'll be rooting for him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2015, 11:47 PM
I don't take Florio's breaking stories too seriously.

broncobryce
11-23-2015, 12:47 AM
Peyton will always be a Colt, he knows it, they know it, we know it. But with what he's done since coming to Denver, how can you not become a huge fan of him? I get wanting to move on to Brock, it's time for that, but I don't get the vitriol toward Manning.

What's even wrong with his comments? He wants to play again, and if Denver doesn't want him, he wants to play somewhere else. I think it's a bad decision, but if it's what he wants, why not say it?

It was a bitch move to wave to the indy fans and pat his heart before we played them. Were you cool with that?
It's like your girl waving and smiling to her ex boyfriend and patting her heart before you battle him. Lame as hell. Dude cares about himself , and chokes too much. Never liked him, not a bronco.

MOtorboat
11-23-2015, 01:26 AM
It was a bitch move to wave to the indy fans and pat his heart before we played them. Were you cool with that?
It's like your girl waving and smiling to her ex boyfriend and patting her heart before you battle him. Lame as hell. Dude cares about himself , and chokes too much. Never liked him, not a bronco.

Good grief.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2015, 01:28 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Florio is a tool?

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:15 AM
This season has been awesome. Next week will be a huge test for Brock and hopefully he passes, and we can bid Manning a goodbye and see him in the hall. Just don't want to see him in Bronco colors ever again.

Agreed, first ballot HOFER, the greatest regular season quarterback ever, has won a ring, thers no denying his past greatness but its time for him to move on, i dont think theres anyway manning gets the keys back this year and ill bet everything elway releases him and saves that 15 million for other areas of the team.

I want to be wrong hoping florio is just spewing non sense because if manning camp is secretly putting out this type of stuff then they are indeed undermining what brock and HIS broncos did today.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:16 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Florio is a tool?

Im hoping he is a tool spewing non sense. Or else manning camp looks very salty.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:19 AM

Lol and people thought i was being to honest about mannings poor play. When he did all that you just said imdidnt pay it no mind, its just facts that he will always be a colt, in my eyes manning has always been the opposition and beating our ass. Id bet 3 of his 9 career post season wins are vs the broncos.

I Eat Staples
11-23-2015, 02:22 AM

Yes, I was cool with that. He played the majority of his HOF career in front of those fans, he made that franchise what it is. No problem with it whatsoever.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:22 AM
Good grief.

He is keeping it real though, Manning was never a Bronco and that showed it, when you go to battle all that emotional ties are out the window until he retires. You don't go out there re bonding with the opposition

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:25 AM
Yes, I was cool with that. He played the majority of his HOF career in front of those fans, he made that franchise what it is. No problem with it whatsoever.

After the game sure,

MOtorboat
11-23-2015, 03:00 AM
He is keeping it real though, Manning was never a Bronco and that showed it, when you go to battle all that emotional ties are out the window until he retires. You don't go out there re bonding with the opposition

He publicly said he didn't want the montage on the board. Indianapolis did it anyway and 80,000 people were clapping for the man. It's not a battle, it's a damn game.

It would have been a dick move to not at least smile, nod and waive and that's all he did.

This is, quite honestly, one of the dumbest criticisms of Manning I've ever seen.

What the **** was he supposed to do? Flip them off?

Unbelievable.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 03:19 AM
When he was getting knocked around by the colts they was cheering hard as hell. So yes its a battle, a game is a battle. Manning should have put his helmet on and ignored theme. Because once the game started and he was getting hit the fans were loving it!

Joel
11-23-2015, 05:11 AM
The reason I wanted Kubiak last year is that Manning's out of time and it takes a LOT of that to get two dozen guys on the same page, especially in an offense as complex as Kubiaks—or Mannings. Look how bad our offensive line remains even after a full offseason, camp and half the regular season under two coaches who've made their names coaching up linemen: We brought in several starters solely and PRECISELY because they know the system, but our line's STILL garbage.

Manning doesn't have time to do that again next year, hoping to win at least 10 games in the process and be ready in time for the playoffs: It's not working NOW, and he'll be a year older then; he certainly can't expect to spend all of 2016 lining up everything so a new team's "ready" for a SB run when's he's 41. The only way it'd even be possible would be if he stayed in Denver, but we don't have the cap space to keep him AND re-sign Miller, Oz and the many other starters with expiring contracts.

I don't know if he'll be healthy enough to play (and well) again this year, but hope so: Because this is his last hurrah, whether or not anyone wants to admit it.

Also, kudoes to all the people proving what I said when we signed him: That he only had two or MAYBE three years (the fans worm started turning the final months of Year 3) before he'd retire or make us all WISH he had, and if we didn't win a SB by then everyone would blame the hired gun they still blame for shelling us in the playoffs under Shanny, call him a career choker, and let our REAL franchise QB off the hook for expecting Manning to single-handedly win championships with NO line. But wtf do I know, right? :tsk:

Northman
11-23-2015, 07:24 AM

Well, lets not go overboard. I dont hate Manning but i can see why some people dont like him as much as Elway, Brady, Montana, etc. I appreciate very well what he has done for Denver in his time here for sure. It was a great move by John to be able to even get Manning here in the first place and Manning did help keep the team relevant and playing well for the most part. But i will always see him as a Colt and he was never the the type of QB that i absolutely loved. I think most of my problem with him lately is i feel he really should of called it a day at the end of last year but because there is such a major respect factor by the team on how they want to deal with his struggling it puts the team in a tough position to be able to move on from him. But i know some people really dont care for Manning all that much and some of that has to do with his torching of the team while being a Colt. Bottom line, Manning coming to Denver didnt really make me a bigger fan of his or feel any different about him. I knew he would be successful here but im quite ready to move on from his leadership at this point.

Dzone
11-23-2015, 08:27 AM
Is this going to turn into a soap opera at dove valley? Does Manning have too much pride to suit up and be a backup?. He has never done that in his entire life. Does he go in IR? Is the relationship with the Broncos and Manning deteriorating? This could end ugly.

chazoe60
11-23-2015, 09:33 AM
He publicly said he didn't want the montage on the board. Indianapolis did it anyway and 80,000 people were clapping for the man. It's not a battle, it's a damn game.

It would have been a dick move to not at least smile, nod and waive and that's all he did.

This is, quite honestly, one of the dumbest criticisms of Manning I've ever seen.

What the **** was he supposed to do? Flip them off?

Unbelievable.

You gotta admit, that would have been hysterical. Manning would be my favorite person ever if he would have grabbed his junk and flipped off the Indy crowd. :laugh:

GEM
11-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Vic Lombardi just reported that Manning's camp released that he never said any of that and he's never looked beyond this season. Said there is absolutely no truth to Florio's report.

Slick
11-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Vic Lombardi just reported that Manning's camp released that he never said any of that and he's never looked beyond this season. Said there is absolutely no truth to Florio's report.

I was hoping this was the case. Good.

GEM
11-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Florio is always doing crap like this...terrible reporter.

Buff
11-23-2015, 10:54 AM

Reading between the lines:

Manning's agent likely did tell/hint to Florio that Peyton wants to play next year. Then Peyton can pretend like he has no idea where that report came from and be the good cop... But he's already accomplished his goal of notifying other teams of his intentions. IMO that would be a classic Manning PR strategy.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 9m

Again, sources close to Peyton Manning tell me he’s only focused on THIS season. Disputes report that he’s looking to play another year.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 15m

Sources from the Manning camp tell me he has not thought about next year at all. He’s not ready to go there yet.

GEM
11-23-2015, 10:59 AM
I don't think Manning wants to water down his career with some shit like that. Look at how people look at Favre's later years, a bit of a joke, I don't think Manning ever wants to be remembered like that. It just doesn't fit him or his past history.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2015, 11:00 AM
When this was first posted, my one and only thought was that it smelled like BS

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2015, 11:06 AM
I don't think Manning wants to water down his career with some shit like that. Look at how people look at Favre's later years, a bit of a joke, I don't think Manning ever wants to be remembered like that. It just doesn't fit him or his past history.

It also does not fit him to tell those so called "sources" something like this

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Is this going to turn into a soap opera at dove valley? Does Manning have too much pride to suit up and be a backup?. He has never done that in his entire life. Does he go in IR? Is the relationship with the Broncos and Manning deteriorating? This could end ugly.

It appears like its already getting ugly with manning saying he will play elsewhere. I dont see why he's even having those discussions

OrangeHoof
11-23-2015, 11:16 AM

Bingo. TV guy needs something eye-catching for his segment so he pulls this out of his butt. Given how Manning dawdled before agreeing to take a pay cut to come back this year, I doubt he intends to return again but his mind is certainly not made up in mid-season.

He won't, however, say the opposite that 2015 is his final season in mid-season either because then he loses leverage for negotiating whatever he might want to do next season, including play.

I think Peyton still has a swan song left somewhere this season, maybe off the bench if Ossie gets injured or is ineffective, and leads a comeback that lets him leave graciously. I don't think he wants people to remember his last game as the KC game, anymore than he wanted his last game to be the Indy game last year or the Seattle game the year before that.

Nomad
11-23-2015, 11:19 AM

Manning's still the #1 QB. Brock is filling in until Peyton is healthy, unless the Coaches state otherwise. I don't see Peyton coming back anytime soon due to his injuries.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 11:20 AM

That would be true if he retired last off season, manning is chasing his final record. He clearly doesn't care about looking terrible as long as at the end of the day he gets all his records. You cant tell me after watching manning last year the final 6-7 games that he wasn't done. But yet he came back anyway ( for records )

MOtorboat
11-23-2015, 11:51 AM
You gotta admit, that would have been hysterical. Manning would be my favorite person ever if he would have grabbed his junk and flipped off the Indy crowd. :laugh:

Hysterical in the manner in which a 12 year old does something disrespectful and inappropriate and while trying not to laugh, dad has to tell him not to be a jerk because that's not what grown ups do?

Joel
11-23-2015, 12:06 PM
That would be true if he retired last off season, manning is chasing his final record. He clearly doesn't care about looking terrible as long as at the end of the day he gets all his records. You cant tell me after watching manning last year the final 6-7 games that he wasn't done. But yet he came back anyway ( for records )
Because Manning's always been known for obsessive focus on personal records and ignoring his teams progress toward championships, right? That's why he came to a team whose GM ended his career by going from three-time SB loser to repeat champion. Honestly, dude, I try to be objective and take each of your posts on their particular merits rather than the litany of lunacy in preceding ones, but it always feels like the day we drafted Oz was the first time you turned on an NFL game. Sorry, just my impression.

Slick
11-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Because Manning's always been known for obsessive focus on personal records and ignoring his teams progress toward championships, right? That's why he came to a team whose GM ended his career by going from three-time SB loser to repeat champion. Honestly, dude, I try to be objective and take each of your posts on their particular merits rather than the litany of lunacy in preceding ones, but it always feels like the day we drafted Oz was the first time you turned on an NFL game. Sorry, just my impression.http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w309/slickdonkey7/Mobile%20Uploads/images%201_zpseiaucf0a.jpg (http://s179.photobucket.com/user/slickdonkey7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/images%201_zpseiaucf0a.jpg.html)

Yash is one of these guys next to Brock.

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2015, 12:29 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w309/slickdonkey7/Mobile%20Uploads/images%201_zpseiaucf0a.jpg (http://s179.photobucket.com/user/slickdonkey7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/images%201_zpseiaucf0a.jpg.html)

Yash is one of these guys next to Brock.

Whoah. .. I hadn't really noticed it before, but Brock has quite a resemblance to Buff. That is if Buff had his mouth closed (#gaptooth).

Dapper Dan
11-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Of course he *intends* to play. Why wouldn't he? He's not the type of player to want a hyped up farewell tour.

Slick
11-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Whoah. .. I hadn't really noticed it before, but Brock has quite a resemblance to Buff. That is if Buff had his mouth closed (#gaptooth).

Brock with the shocker pose too. Hehe.

Dapper Dan
11-23-2015, 12:50 PM
Brock with the shocker pose too. Hehe.

I thought that was the ASU fork.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

Andrew Mason Retweeted mike slicner

Trust Dungy infinitely more than Florio on this

AND - from an article:

"I'm told [Manning] currently intends to play next year, even if that's not for the Broncos," Florio said.

Later on the broadcast, Dan Patrick described Florio's source as "somebody close to Peyton."

Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy was surprised by Florio's report.

"I'm pretty close to Peyton Manning," Dungy said. "I hadn't heard that before."

Dungy later added that he would not be surprised to see Manning play in 2016, but only for the Broncos.

"That doesn't make sense to me," Dungy added. "I can see him playing again for the Broncos. I would not want to see him going to another team."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-peyton-manning-intends-play-134200259.html

MOtorboat
11-23-2015, 01:39 PM
What if the source was Osweiler?

The plot thickens.

BroncoJoe
11-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Non Story.

GEM
11-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Non Story.

If there isn't a story, create one. :tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2015, 01:46 PM
What if the source was Osweiler?

The plot thickens.

Or - could it have been UGGS?

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2015, 02:04 PM
If there isn't a story, create one. :tsk:

"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend." -- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Cugel
11-23-2015, 02:20 PM

Not terribly surprised at that reaction. Sounded like total B.S. to me. I've heard reports from "people close to Manning" (according to Woody Paige) that he already made up his mind before the bye-week not to play next season. I would give more credence to that than to any "Manning has decided to play next year" B.S.

If he decided NOT to play another season, he might make that decision at any time, but why would he decide TO play in the middle of his worst season ever?

He would logically do exactly what he did last year - take time off after the season and think carefully about whether he still wants to come back and put in all the work needed to play at age 39 (or next year - at age 40).

So, I call B.S. on this story, just like Elway called B.S. on the story that they were shopping Brock Osweiler for a 6th round pick last season. Why would they? Makes no sense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2015, 02:22 PM

That's what I was thinking. Florio has pulled crap like this before to grab headlines. You could tell Dungy didn't believe it.

Cugel
11-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Further to throw cold water on this story consider the following:

1. Is there really no hope that Manning would play again this year? (Whether the fans want him to or not).

So, what happens if Brock struggles against the Pats and the team loses their 3rd game out of 4? Worse yet, what happens if he plays badly in San Diego against the Chargers?

At what point do they want to re-insert Manning? That becomes an open question. They're not giving up on Brock, but this is not an expansion team with nothing but the future to play for, this is a veteran team trying to win a SB THIS season. They're going to play whoever gives them the best chance. Until recently that's been Manning. Now maybe it's Brock. We'll just have to see.

2. What if Brock plays reasonably well, but the team loses?

This is less clear, but the ultimate test for QBs is winning or losing games. We're still hearing the argument, "why did you bench Jake Plummer when the team was 7-4?" That's a hard argument to answer. And the reverse is true. If the team's losing then it's easy to justify switching QBs. Maybe Manning would give them a spark? Who knows?

I'm not arguing they SHOULD put Manning back in there, I'm saying it could happen - whether fans think so or not, fans are not in charge. If Manning's healthy and the team is still struggling to win games and perhaps in danger of not winning the division or going one-and-done in the playoffs, then would they put Manning back in? Maybe.

3. What About The Playoffs?

What if Brock plays well enough that the Broncos get into the playoffs, but not well enough (due to inexperience?) that Kubiak and Elway have confidence that he could lead them to victory in the playoffs? Peyton is fully healthy by then (in this hypothetical scenario), so they could start him.

In that case, could Manning return to start the final game of the season against the Chargers - with the idea that if he plays well and the team wins that would be a "tune-up" for the playoffs?

Could they sit him until the playoffs and start him then? I don't know the answer to that, but neither does anybody else.

So, Manning doesn't need to pour oil on the fire here. That's why I doubt the story. He could just wait until after the Patriots game before saying or doing anything. In fact, if I were he, I wouldn't WANT to play versus the Pats, because the worst thing for his cause would be to come back too soon before he's fully healthy, play badly just like the Chiefs game, and then have to sit again or re-injure himself so he can't play and has to do another lengthy re-hab.

BroncoJoe
11-23-2015, 02:39 PM
This non-story isn't really worth a 10,000 word essay.

Cugel
11-23-2015, 02:51 PM
My own personal view for what it's worth is that they should just accept that this OL is so horrible that Manning just can't succeed with it. They should just continue to start Brock regardless of results until at least the playoffs.

They knew what they were getting with taking Manning back this year. An old and slow QB with zero mobility and a weak arm. He's needed a clean pocket to throw from and time to throw for several years now, and it's not as if he's getting stronger this season.

For Manning to have succeeded in this offense, the OL needs to protect him. And, as Kubiak repeated in his press conference after the game, they are just not doing it.

[IN response to question how do you think Brock did?]

"I thought he played alright. Obviously we didn't protect him very well, especially in the first half, and he took some shots, but he hung in there and toughed it out and made some plays."

This was perhaps the 1st question he faced in his press conference, so clearly the OL issues were on his mind if that was the first thing out of his mouth "obviously we didn't protect him that well".

Osweiler has been sacked 8 times in the last 2 games, so Kubiak is not happy with the pass-protection of his OL.

And this is WITH Osweiler playing under center. How would Manning fare with this OL if he's not 100% healthy? There's just no reason to think it would be a good result.

So, unless the OL starts pass-protecting a lot better than they have been I don't think it's much use to put Manning back in there this season.

Cugel
11-23-2015, 02:52 PM
This non-story isn't really worth a 10,000 word essay.

Nobody is twisting your arm forcing you to read it are they? :coffee:

BroncoJoe
11-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Nobody is twisting your arm forcing you to read it are they? :coffee:

Which is exactly why I didn't. Either one.

Cugel
11-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Because Manning's always been known for obsessive focus on personal records and ignoring his teams progress toward championships, right? That's why he came to a team whose GM ended his career by going from three-time SB loser to repeat champion. Honestly, dude, I try to be objective and take each of your posts on their particular merits rather than the litany of lunacy in preceding ones, but it always feels like the day we drafted Oz was the first time you turned on an NFL game. Sorry, just my impression.

His post was actually more idiotic than you made out because the Titans owner Bud Adams offered Manning a lot more money, including the possibility of buying a percentage of the Titans, and the possibility of a position with the team after his career, etc.

If Manning just wanted to go somewhere where he would have free reign to just do whatever he wanted for his personal glory, and get the most possible money, including getting a percentage of a multi-billion $ company, he should have gone to Tennessee. He came here because Elway convinced him the Broncos were committed to doing everything in their power to win a SB.

Cugel
11-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Which is exactly why I didn't. Either one.

Nobody needs your comments about it either then.

Dapper Dan
11-23-2015, 03:44 PM
I like Joe's comments about it. As long as he agrees with me.

Northman
11-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Joe > Cugel

Dapper Dan
11-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Joe > Cugel

They're actually the same person with multiple personalities. Have you ever seen them at the same place at the same time?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2015, 06:38 PM
Not long ago, Big Al and DMac had Florio on, to discuss what he reported yesterday. IMO, Florio acted like a real smarta**

Listen here - http://www.1043thefan.com/the-drive/

tomjonesrocks
11-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Not long ago, Big Al and DMac had Florio on, to discuss what he reported yesterday. IMO, Florio acted like a real smarta** Listen here - http://www.1043thefan.com/the-drive/

Just heard it. He seemed like a *****.

Al went on and on about why it's a bad story and I agree. It makes it look like Manning is unhappy to be a Bronco right now and he's got his sights on other teams. It's John Fox-seque.

Don't want to believe it but there have been reports Manning is furious which I hope is the truth.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2h

Andrew Mason Retweeted mike slicner

Trust Dungy infinitely more than Florio on this

AND - from an article:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-peyton-manning-intends-play-134200259.html

Sorry dungy and peyton but its over for manning in Denver,

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Just heard it. He seemed like a *****.

Al went on and on about why it's a bad story and I agree. It makes it look like Manning is unhappy to be a Bronco right now and he's got his sights on other teams. It's John Fox-seque.

Don't want to believe it but there have been reports Manning is furious which I hope is the truth.

Before Florio came on, DMac, who was at the press conference today, said that the word was that Manning was totally upset with what Florio reported.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-23-2015, 09:02 PM
So, now here is Florio's article today

Peyton Manning has told teammates he wants to play in 2016

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/23/peyton-manning-has-told-teammates-he-wants-to-play-in-2016/

GEM
11-23-2015, 09:05 PM
I laughed my ass off listening to that on the way home.

Florio: It sounds like you guys are trying to make trouble.
Big Al: Sounds like YOU'RE trying to make trouble.
Florio: Any other questions, anything else for me, any other subject? No. We're done then.

Hilarious!!!!

SR
11-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Before Florio came on, DMac, who was at the press conference today, said that the word was that Manning was totally upset with what Florio reported.

Wouldn't surprise me. It's senseless for Florio to try and stir up that kind of mess. Peyton needs to send Florio a gift basket for thanksgiving. Full of poo.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Darren McKee Retweeted
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 16h

Talked to source close to Peyton Manning. Manning incensed by report he's making plans for 2016 with or without Broncos.

Buff
11-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Darren McKee Retweeted
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 16h

Talked to source close to Peyton Manning. Manning incensed by report he's making plans for 2016 with or without Broncos.

I don't believe him. I have a hard time believing Manning's long time super agent Tom Condon just went rogue and started leaking things to the press. This is all part of the plan for Manning to deny the reports and act incensed. Everything is unfolding as it was scripted.

Slick
11-24-2015, 11:21 AM
I don't believe him. I have a hard time believing Manning's long time super agent Tom Condon just went rogue and started leaking things to the press. This is all part of the plan for Manning to deny the reports and act incensed. Everything is unfolding as it was scripted.

I thought it was Condon or Archie when I first heard the news.

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Manning camp can leak all they want to leak, his arse is out of here. Really doesn't matter who else he plays for next year. When manning came here he knew damn well that Brock was drafted to,be his replacement, hand picked by Elway as well. Now that time has come for Brock to shine and lead the franchise, instead of passing the torch like a good old man manning and his camp are going out like clowns on and off the field. Smh very disappointed

SR
11-24-2015, 11:39 AM
Manning camp can leak all they want to leak, his arse is out of here. Really doesn't matter who else he plays for next year. When manning came here he knew damn well that Brock was drafted to,be his replacement, hand picked by Elway as well. Now that time has come for Brock to shine and lead the franchise, instead of passing the torch like a good old man manning and his camp are going out like clowns on and off the field. Smh very disappointed

When Manning signed with Denver they had not drafted Os yet.

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Brock was drafted right after we signed manning, what are you talking about?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-24-2015, 12:10 PM
Florio has done this before. I didn't believe it when I heard it. Florio is full of it. He got what he wanted out of this.

EastCoastBronco
11-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Florio has done this before. I didn't believe it when I heard it. Florio is full of it. He got what he wanted out of this.

Florio's evil villain name is "Captain Clickbait".
He is a parasite.

weazel
11-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Joe > Cugel

Joe > a lot of people on here... I don't get the hate, there's a ton of Yash's on here.

BroncoWave
11-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Brock was drafted right after we signed manning, what are you talking about?

You just answered your own question.

tomjonesrocks
11-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Darren McKee Retweeted Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 16h Talked to source close to Peyton Manning. Manning incensed by report he's making plans for 2016 with or without Broncos.

I've gotten stopped twice today wearing a Broncos Football workout T from strangers saying "so, I hear Manning is gonna play for someone else next year!"

**** Florio.

TimHippo
11-24-2015, 04:05 PM

No red blooded American would say "arse".

Valar Morghulis
11-24-2015, 04:09 PM

I thought that. But I doubt any brit would care enough to troll a message board

TimHippo
11-24-2015, 04:30 PM
I thought that. But I doubt any brit would care enough to troll a message board

Well they use that term everywhere else in the world. So it could easily be from the Philippines, Africa, Australia, Kazakhstan, etc, etc. pretty doubtful he's from Britain.

Valar Morghulis
11-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Well they use that term everywhere else in the world. So it could easily be from the Philippines, Africa, Australia, Kazakhstan, etc, etc. pretty doubtful he's from Britain.

See my argument about a brit not being bothered enough to troll a message board, swap brit for any of those countries you listed and the point remains the same.

Foreign fans are rare, but foreign trolls are non existent

Dapper Dan
11-24-2015, 04:38 PM
See my argument about a brit not being bothered enough to troll a message board, swap brit for any of those countries you listed and the point remains the same.

Foreign fans are rare, but foreign trolls are non existent

What if he's ISIS?

BroncoNut
11-24-2015, 04:42 PM
I've been tired today and seem to have a bit of a chill

Dapper Dan
11-24-2015, 05:05 PM
I've been tired today and seem to have a bit of a chill

That's good. Some people have no chill.

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 08:09 PM

What the hell is a red blooded american

SR
11-24-2015, 08:10 PM
What the hell is a red blooded american

Not you, obviously. Pinko.

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Perfectly fine with me.

SR
11-24-2015, 08:37 PM
Perfectly fine with me.

Wouldn't expect you to want to be a good American.

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Lol right.

broncobryce
11-24-2015, 09:27 PM
What a circus

Simple Jaded
11-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Sorry dungy and peyton but its over for manning in Denver,

So Yash, what's your views on Manning?

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 09:48 PM
So Yash, what's your views on Manning?

No comment. I will no longer speak about him.

Pudge
11-24-2015, 09:50 PM

Bullshit. Quit the forum

Simple Jaded
11-24-2015, 09:57 PM

Ha! Sig bet?

Valar Morghulis
11-25-2015, 01:10 AM
What if he's ISIS?

They are a bit busy at the minute, planning attacks and stuff

Dapper Dan
11-25-2015, 01:14 AM
They are a bit busy at the minute, planning attacks and stuff

They use social media pretty regularly. Also, they would love too bring down a real American hero like Peyton Manning.

Valar Morghulis
11-25-2015, 01:17 AM
They use social media pretty regularly. Also, they would love too bring down a real American hero like Peyton Manning.

Lol maybe you are right. Perhaps one of their cia handlers is a pats fan and tasked them to do it for a laugh

Yashahla17
11-25-2015, 04:02 AM
Ha! Sig bet?

Sure.

Yashahla17
11-25-2015, 04:03 AM
Bullshit. Quit the forum

Are you pudgy? Is that where your name comes from?

Valar Morghulis
11-25-2015, 04:09 AM
Are you pudgy? Is that where your name comes from?

He is cuddly with British teeth

Yashahla17
11-25-2015, 04:12 AM
He is cuddly with British teeth

Ha!

Dapper Dan
11-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Don't you dare imagine how Pudge goes to bed!

He likes to sit by a nice fire in an old chair, wearing a silk red robe with Pudge embroidered in gold lettering. There's a real bear-skinned rug lying on the floor that he killed in Montana with his bare hands because it looked at him in a disrespectful manner. He sips on a glass of Alvaro Palacios L'Ermita Priorato 2009 because he saves the good stuff for a special occasion. Sitting calmly by the fire he decides to open up his copy of the Art of War, for which he inspired Sun Tzu to write. As he gets halfway through he decides he is feeling slightly exhausted after a day of slaying poon and sailing the Pacific, so he makes his way to his bed chamber to rest for few hours. He sleeps with two eyes open and a .45 under his pillow because the Nazis have been pissed ever since he killed Hitler.

That's how he sleeps on Wednesdays anyway.

Simple Jaded
11-26-2015, 12:26 AM
Sure.

Ok, if you talk about Manning again you have to go away. . .if you never talk about Manning again I'll go away.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-26-2015, 01:19 AM
He likes to sit by a nice fire in an old chair, wearing a silk red robe with Pudge embroidered in gold lettering. There's a real bear-skinned rug lying on the floor that he killed in Montana with his bare hands because it looked at him in a disrespectful manner. He sips on a glass of Alvaro Palacios L'Ermita Priorato 2009 because he saves the good stuff for a special occasion. Sitting calmly by the fire he decides to open up his copy of the Art of War, for which he inspired Sun Tzu to write. As he gets halfway through he decides he is feeling slightly exhausted after a day of slaying poon and sailing the Pacific, so he makes his way to his bed chamber to rest for few hours. He sleeps with two eyes open and a .45 under his pillow because the Nazis have been pissed ever since he killed Hitler.

That's how he sleeps on Wednesdays anyway.

Dude, that is freaking brilliant. :laugh:

MOtorboat
11-26-2015, 01:54 AM
Dude, that is freaking brilliant. :laugh:

It is truth.

Are you a witness?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-26-2015, 10:00 AM
No for the simple fact i never came here attacking anybody. If you cant see that then you are the problem? Along with them, i read a posting admin posted here and it asked members to stop bullying and taking matters in there own hands, so there was a problem long before i got here.

Let me give you background on this. BF was started in August 2007. At that time, rules in regards to posting, etc. were established shortly after that. In regards to the rule you are referring to, it also states "Don’t post “flame-bait”. That is a post just to irritate members or designed to get a reaction from another poster. This type of posting behavior will be dealt with in much the same manner as personal attacks." Many of your posts definitely fall into that category.

NightTrainLayne
11-26-2015, 12:34 PM
I have cleaned up and removed a lot of posts here that contained personal attacks and their fallout. Infractions have been issued to multiple posts/posters.

Please refrain from personal attacks on the board. Thanks.

P.S. I left one awesome post about how Pudge goes to bed that will now be very much out of context. . . but it was too brilliant to be lost to the fallout deleting.

Nomad
11-26-2015, 01:10 PM
I have cleaned up and removed a lot of posts here that contained personal attacks and their fallout. Infractions have been issued to multiple posts/posters.

Please refrain from personal attacks on the board. Thanks.

P.S. I left one awesome post about how Pudge goes to bed that will now be very much out of context. . . but it was too brilliant to be lost to the fallout deleting.

It's interesting no one just ignores the guy. I believe they like the bickering back and forth, because I see baiting from both sides.

Yashahla17
11-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Ok, if you talk about Manning again you have to go away. . .if you never talk about Manning again I'll go away.

Goofy...... Or you don't know what a Sig bet is?

Yashahla17
11-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Let me give you background on this. BF was started in August 2007. At that time, rules in regards to posting, etc. were established shortly after that. In regards to the rule you are referring to, it also states "Don’t post “flame-bait”. That is a post just to irritate members or designed to get a reaction from another poster. This type of posting behavior will be dealt with in much the same manner as personal attacks." Many of your posts definitely fall into that category.

If my opinion about manning irritates people then I shouldn't post huh? is that really what your implying? that my post regarding my team has to please other members? Because in case you haven't been paying attention that's the one and only reason people attack me.

MOtorboat
11-27-2015, 03:43 AM
I want to point out something about the timing of this report, in regards to people who said Manning did this maliciously and purposely last Sunday.

Do you think Florio learned of Manning's intentions, through whatever source he says he has, and Glazer learned of his Manziel story coincidentally and perfectly within the hours before their respective network's largest ratings grab of the week?

I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you too.

Joel
11-27-2015, 09:32 AM
I want to point out something about the timing of this report, in regards to people who said Manning did this maliciously and purposely last Sunday.

Do you think Florio learned of Manning's intentions, through whatever source he says he has, and Glazer learned of his Manziel story coincidentally and perfectly within the hours before their respective network's largest ratings grab of the week?

I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you too.

DUH, of COURSE that's when they found out: What POSSIBLE reason could either have for sitting on it until nationally broadcast primetime? Just like Fox called Glazer up right as our first playoff game kicked off, to tell him he was bailing on a defending conference champs and first ballot HoF QBs championship run because he'd rather coach Mrs. O'Learys cow. Gosh, MO, you make it sound like media (especially entertainment media) would fabricate a story just to manufacture interest and get attention.

Show a little gratitude and faith: Where would we be without TMZ and the National Inquirer keeping the public informed of every important but secret fact?

All Mannings anti-fan club members eating this up with a spoon and without a second thought is priceless though. It's like a case study in confirmation bias.

TimHippo
11-27-2015, 02:19 PM
DUH, of COURSE that's when they found out: What POSSIBLE reason could either have for sitting on it until nationally broadcast primetime? Just like Fox called Glazer up right as our first playoff game kicked off, to tell him he was bailing on a defending conference champs and first ballot HoF QBs championship run because he'd rather coach Mrs. O'Learys cow. Gosh, MO, you make it sound like media (especially entertainment media) would fabricate a story just to manufacture interest and get attention.

Show a little gratitude and faith: Where would we be without TMZ and the National Inquirer keeping the public informed of every important but secret fact?

All Mannings anti-fan club members eating this up with a spoon and without a second thought is priceless though. It's like a case study in confirmation bias.

Yashi eats with a spoon? I just assumed he eats with his fingers.

TXBRONC
11-27-2015, 04:24 PM
If my opinion about manning irritates people then I shouldn't post huh? is that really what your implying? that my post regarding my team has to please other members? Because in case you haven't been paying attention that's the one and only reason people attack me.

She just quoted to you the rules for posting on Broncos Forums. Quite honestly you've done your fair share of attacking without provocation.

Simple Jaded
11-27-2015, 04:24 PM
I think it's safe to say that Yashashaler cooks on a spoon.

weazel
11-27-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm going to the moon in 2016

TXBRONC
11-27-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm going to the moon in 2016

Canadians are not allowed.

Joel
11-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Yashi eats with a spoon? I just assumed he eats with his fingers.
Pity he doesn't eat them instead (then again, the day's not over yet....)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-27-2015, 07:23 PM
Canadians are not allowed.

That's because Canada's aeronautic program consists of 4 bush pilots and a notorious moonshiner.