PDA

View Full Version : Yea, i feel good about our future

Northman
11-22-2015, 04:24 PM
I know, its one game and there were times we saw the rawness of what is Brock but overall this is what i saw at ASU and im very confident he can be our guy going forward. Next week will be a tougher test but to pull out a win in a hostile environment with some very questionable officiating is a good win in my book. Defense looks like its loosing some steam but we are also missing some players and hopefully Sanders makes it back next week to give Oz yet another weapon to choose from. From the guy who actually projected Denver to draft Oz you can all thank me now. :salute:

DenBronx
11-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Lol

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Not sold on the slow giant but he did well today. Especially against a guy like John Fox who should know all his weaknesses.
Not too shabby, Os.

Valar Morghulis
11-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Well north I am prepared to eat some humble pie on this one.

I hated the Brock pick, I did not like him in college, hated the look of him in pre season (not this one) did not like him in garbage time, was not sold last week.......but now I think it is time to but an Osweiler jersey lol

I heard most of the game on the radio and read his stat line do whole I never saw him, I sure like what I heard and read

Cugel
11-22-2015, 04:45 PM
I would caution people not to get too enthusiastic about Brock now, and if he plays badly next week not to get too down on him either.

There's a tendency to say "Woot! Woot! SB here we come!" or "OMG! Did you see that pick? WTF?!!" and not have some perspective.

Osweiler WILL struggle some this season. And when he does Broncos fans are going to have to be patient.

We really won't know how good Osweiler will be until about 2017, if then. Remember RGIII and Colin Kaepernick looked great after their rookie year and Kaepernick even too the 49ers to the SB. There was a time when he was potentially an elite future QB in this league with the certainty of a promising future.

The word this week is that he's on the trading block.

Fortunately, the Broncos are going to give Osweiler every chance to succeed over the next 2 years. They really don't have any choice considering how difficult it is to find a decent franchise QB.

Just look at this year. There were 2 good QB prospects in the draft and they went 1-2. Unless you were the Bucs or Titans you had NO chance to draft a QB. The Jets went 4-12 last year and yet they couldn't draft a QB. Same for Buffalo and a number of other teams.

The problem for the Broncos is that Osweiler's next season's FA contract is probably going to wind up being around $10-15 million a year given how many games he's going to have to prove himself this year.

tomjonesrocks
11-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Not sold on the slow giant but he did well today. Especially against a guy like John Fox who should know all his weaknesses. Not too shabby, Os.

Os has run a 4.8. Is that slow at QB now?

Northman
11-22-2015, 04:47 PM
I would caution people not to get too enthusiastic about Brock now, and if he plays badly next week not to get too down on him either.

There's a tendency to say "Woot! Woot! SB here we come!" or "OMG! Did you see that pick? WTF?!!" and not have some perspective.

Osweiler WILL struggle some this season. And when he does Broncos fans are going to have to be patient.

We really won't know how good Osweiler will be until about 2017, if then. Remember RGIII and Colin Kaepernick looked great after their rookie year and Kaepernick even too the 49ers to the SB. There was a time when he was potentially an elite future QB in this league with the certainty of a promising future.

The word this week is that he's on the trading block.

Fortunately, the Broncos are going to give Osweiler every chance to succeed over the next 2 years. They really don't have any choice considering how difficult it is to find a decent franchise QB.

Just look at this year. There were 2 good QB prospects in the draft and they went 1-2. Unless you were the Bucs or Titans you had NO chance to draft a QB. The Jets went 4-12 last year and yet they couldn't draft a QB. Same for Buffalo and a number of other teams.

The problem for the Broncos is that Osweiler's next season's FA contract is probably going to wind up being around $10-15 million a year given how many games he's going to have to prove himself this year.

No one mentioned SB. Piss off.

Cugel
11-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Well north I am prepared to eat some humble pie on this one.

I hated the Brock pick, I did not like him in college, hated the look of him in pre season (not this one) did not like him in garbage time, was not sold last week.......but now I think it is time to but an Osweiler jersey lol

I heard most of the game on the radio and read his stat line do whole I never saw him, I sure like what I heard and read

I'm going to have to eat some too. I hated the pick because I thought they needed OL (well they did) who could help them quicker than 4 years.

However, I understood Elway's reasoning. At the time nobody knew whether Manning would even be able to play a single season, coming off the 4 neck surgeries. He might well have played one year and then retired.

So, they needed a QB and fortunately for the Broncos Branden Weeden wasn't available when the Broncos drafted because Elway really liked him. That could have been a disaster - passing on both Russell Wilson and Osweiler and drafting Branden Weeden! Urgh!

The good thing is that Brock is still only 25 years old, so he could have 10 more years if he's successful.

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 04:50 PM

It's certainly not fast.

Cugel
11-22-2015, 04:50 PM
No one mentioned SB. Piss off.

SB? I didn't mention the SB either. Wasn't even thinking about it. So you can piss off too!

Cugel
11-22-2015, 04:51 PM

He's not Russell Wilson fast, but he's not unathletic. He has some mobility.

slim
11-22-2015, 04:53 PM
It's certainly not fast.

Speed is to Os as intelligence is to Hippo.

Valar Morghulis
After the green bay game I started a thread urging caution.... After the bears game I think we should go wild. All hail king Brock.

Brocket man
Brock n roll
Brock on
The Brockanator
Brockatron
A Brock star

Northman
SB? I didn't mention the SB either. Wasn't even thinking about it. So you can piss off too!

There's a tendency to say "Woot! Woot! SB here we come!"

End of discussion.

Valar Morghulis
11-22-2015, 04:55 PM
End of discussion.

Lol

Also I find it funny when you guys say piss- no idea why

Northman
11-22-2015, 04:55 PM
After the green bay game I started a thread urging caution.... After the bears game I think we should go wild. All hail king Brock.

Brocket man
Brock n roll
Brock on
The Brockanator
Brockatron
A Brock star

Next week will be a tougher test but im quite pleased to come out of Chicago with a win and no turnovers. Oz played as good as one can with his first start so there is much to like about it.

Northman
11-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Lol

Also I find it funny when you guys say piss- no idea why

Should i say urinate off? Bloody piss off? How should i word it? Give me some pointers Dave.

slim

Brocket man
Brock n roll
Brock on
The Brockanator
Brockatron
A Brock star

You are too old to brock n roll, but too young to die.

Mike
Well, he's certainly the better option for Denver than Manning. Still not sold and need to see more. I still think that Siemian has a higher upside...eventually. But I liked what I saw out of Brock today and look forward to seeing the rest of the season play out. The coaches need to do a better job with the playcalling.

silkamilkamonico
11-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Really liked what Brock did.

I really am not sure about Kubiak and his offense. Really don't think I like it at all.

Northman
11-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Well, he's certainly the better option for Denver than Manning. Still not sold and I still think that Siemian has a higher upside...eventually. But I liked what I saw out of Brock today. The coaches need to do a better job with the playcalling.

No worries Mike. Eventually you will succumb to Brock Vader and the darkside.

I Eat Staples
11-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Well, he's certainly the better option for Denver than Manning. Still not sold and I still think that Siemian has a higher upside...eventually. But I liked what I saw out of Brock today. The coaches need to do a better job with the playcalling.

Woah I've never heard someone have a high opinion of Siemian lol. I didn't even expect him to be drafted.

That's interesting though, what's your take on Siemian? I watched him play a few games at Northwestern and was never impressed, but I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to him.

Valar Morghulis
Should i say urinate off? Bloody piss off? How should i word it? Give me some pointers Dave.

Lmao, you say it perfect.

It is not really something I say all that often, I associated it with the upper class, I picture posh people drinking cups of tea when they say it, so it just seems funny when you guys use it

Cugel

Well, his time is between Jameis Winston's 4.97 and Marcus Mariota's 4.52 so he's faster than some but slower than others. Compared with Manning he might as well be Usain Bolt.

Mike
No worries Mike. Eventually you will succumb to Brock Vader and the darkside.

I like him and think he is the best for the offense right now. Just not sold long term yet. Glad we get to see what he has though.

Cugel
11-22-2015, 05:01 PM
End of discussion.

Did you think I was talking about you? Did I say YOU predicted a SB? No.

So, shut the hell up with that crap.

slim
11-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Well, his time is between Jameis Winston's 4.97 and Marcus Mariota's 4.52 so he's faster than some but slower than others. Compared with Manning he might as well be Usain Bolt.

Let's not compare him to Manning.

That is a bad idea.

Valar Morghulis
11-22-2015, 05:02 PM
This is really random, but Brock is so much better in front of the media than I expected

slim
11-22-2015, 05:04 PM
This is really random, but Brock is so much better in front of the media than I expected

He went to ASU, he is ready for anything.

Nomad
11-22-2015, 05:04 PM
It's his first start....let him develop. He has the tools and smarts.

Nomad
11-22-2015, 05:05 PM
He went to ASU, he is ready for anything.

I know Plummer is a big fan. :D

slim
11-22-2015, 05:07 PM
I know Plummer is a big fan. :D

Tillman :salute:

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 05:09 PM

Those who cannot intelligently discuss result to personal attacks.

Nomad
Brock looks like that dude from the vampire movie.

TimHippo

Oi, Piss off, gnat!

slim
11-22-2015, 05:10 PM
Those who cannot intelligently discuss result to personal attacks.

A great man named Beef would agree with you.

silkamilkamonico
11-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Trevor Siemian? Must be a Northwestewrn fan or a Brock hater.

1) I think Brock needs to show he can be consistent to prove he can be a starter in the NFL.

2) If Kubiak goes back to Manning anytime soon, he needs to have his head examined. Even though the 17 points is a pretty poor output, this offense was so much better today on both rushing and passing then it has been with Manning all year.

Locnar
11-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Loved how he stood up in the pocket and threw some lazers in the middle of the field. Even when he had that small string of incompletions he stood poised enough to get back into rhythm. Also think the roll out plays (which I love) helped him maintain confidence.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 05:27 PM

If you're not RGlll you're slow to Hippo.

Btw, I think Osweiler ran a 4.72 iirc.

Ziggy
11-22-2015, 05:31 PM
The question is, how much money did Brock make himself today? Let's not forget that he's an UFA next season. What kind of a contract do you give a QB who has sat behind Manning for 4 years? Some one is going to pay him. Will it be Denver or another team?

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Osweiler's mechanics broke down quite a few times, his accuracy suffered a couple times too but he's so much better than he was as a rookie.

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 05:37 PM
If you're not RGlll you're slow to Hippo.

Btw, I think Osweiler ran a 4.72 iirc.

Incorrect. He ran a 4.83
http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Brock&l=Osweiler&i=9733

The baseline is that you should be faster or as fast as as a CB, safety or fast linebacker like Von Miller (4.49 40) to be considered fast.

If you have the time of a slow CB or safety and have linebackers who are faster than you (Von Miller, Luke Kuchely 4.58) like Johnny Manziel (4.68) then you are about average speed for a QB. That is Manziel main problem at the NFL level. He's just not that fast on top of being tiny.

silkamilkamonico
11-22-2015, 05:37 PM
The question is, how much money did Brock make himself today? Let's not forget that he's an UFA next season. What kind of a contract do you give a QB who has sat behind Manning for 4 years? Some one is going to pay him. Will it be Denver or another team?

If he plays like today, Denver needs to play him the rest of the year and then I think we may have our answer.

Northman
11-22-2015, 05:38 PM

Still to early to tell. Im guessing Denver will evaluate that when the season is done.

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 05:39 PM

I think the days of overpaying a guy and giving up a second round draft pick for a guy who has one or two phenomenal games or I guess even half a season in Matt Cassell's case are over. Teams have repeatedly been burned by overpaying for backups.

Now if Denver retains him that means Os is probably pretty good since that follows the Rodgers, Brady, Steve Young paradigm. It makes sense if the backup is actually really good you would want to retain him.

silkamilkamonico
11-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Denver is the one in control of this situation. If he is back with Denver next year, it means they feel he is their next starting QB and will pay him accordingly to keep him.

Dapper Dan
11-22-2015, 06:05 PM
He has all the tools and he's in a great situation. He made some plays today that a shorter QB would not have made. I like how he's not afraid to go down or throw the ball away. Complete contrast from Cutler. If we win the turnover margin, we should win most of the time. The only thing that worries me is that there's not really any film of Oz going into this game. Teams don't know how to react to new guys because there's no film. That's why Matt Flynn had 1 great game. That's why the random back up comes in and plays great. Still, I have faith in the front office and coaching staff. And Oz is so likeable. This should be fun.

BroncoNut
11-22-2015, 06:13 PM
Denver is the one in control of this situation. If he is back with Denver next year, it means they feel he is their next starting QB and will pay him accordingly to keep him.
I heard je has been looking at cousins

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 06:15 PM
I heard je has been looking at cousins

Shanahan was really high on Cousins and he fits in well with ZBS/Kubiak. I think they will try to get him if the Skins give up on him and he can be brought in cheaply.

Still would prefer a established guy like Drew Brees or a guy with all the tools like Matt Stafford.

I Eat Staples
11-22-2015, 06:16 PM
Shanahan was really high on Cousins and he fits in well with ZBS/Kubiak. I think they will try to get him if the Skins give up on him and he can be brought in cheaply.

Still would prefer a established guy like Drew Brees or a guy with all the tools like Matt Stafford.

Oh god no...not Cousins, and not Cutler 2.0. We're not getting Brees.

I'd rather stick with Osweiler than any of those guys.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Incorrect. He ran a 4.83
http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Brock&l=Osweiler&i=9733

The baseline is that you should be faster or as fast as as a CB, safety or fast linebacker like Von Miller (4.49 40) to be considered fast.

If you have the time of a slow CB or safety and have linebackers who are faster than you (Von Miller, Luke Kuchely 4.58) like Johnny Manziel (4.68) then you are about average speed for a QB. That is Manziel main problem at the NFL level. He's just not that fast on top of being tiny.

Osweiler didn't work out at the combine and the source I trust lists for you the best, worst and what they consider to be the most indicative of the players ability, taken from documented results.

No offense but if you hold QB's to the same standard as skill position players, S's and CB's you're stupid. This is like calling Lane Johnson slow because he ran a freakish 4.7.

BroncoNut
11-22-2015, 06:22 PM
I know next to nothing about brock. I didn't watch him at asu. I was impressed with him today. I hope he can develop more awareness in the pocket and his lack of mobility may be an issue, but Iiked his footwork and check downs today. Nice passing with timing and strength. We will have to wait and see. Im gonna guess that he will be the type of qb that will need a good running game to succeed, however as I stated earlier he does throw a nice ball. If he pans out he could be somewhat like aaron Rogers from what I saw today. Anyone that actually wanted this guy out of college is either a mentally compromised individual or a homo

Northman
11-22-2015, 06:23 PM
The only thing that worries me is that there's not really any film of Oz going into this game. Teams don't know how to react to new guys because there's no film. That's why Matt Flynn had 1 great game. That's why the random back up comes in and plays great.

To be honest its really no different than preparing for other QB's really. The only difference will be if Brock does the homework week to week and prepares to exploit each opponents gameplan.

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Osweiler didn't work out at the combine and the source I trust lists for you the best, worst and what they consider to be the most indicative of the players ability, taken from documented results.

No offense but if you hold QB's to the same standard as skill position players, S's and CB's you're stupid. This is like calling Lane Johnson slow because he ran a freakish 4.7.

That's a personal attack. And shows that you are conceding the argument. You should be able to discuss the argument on it's merits instead of hurling insults.

The original discussion on Osweiler was that he was fast and athletic because he was "a basketball player". His 40 speed and his ASU highlights show otherwise. 4.8 for a 240 lbs man at the NFL level is slow. You should be able to differentiate that from a 310 lbs man like Lane Johnson running a 4.7 which is very fast.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2015, 06:29 PM
Brock played really well today.

I also enjoyed that little piece Fouts had on his athleticism before game. Did you enjoy it TimHippo?

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 06:48 PM
I also enjoyed that little piece Fouts had on his athleticism before game. Did you enjoy it TimHippo?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ac/aa/5c/acaa5c87414bfbc264a17fb8ebef3a03.jpg

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 06:52 PM
That's a personal attack. And shows that you are conceding the argument. You should be able to discuss the argument on it's merits instead of hurling insults.

The original discussion on Osweiler was that he was fast and athletic because he was "a basketball player". His 40 speed and his ASU highlights show otherwise. 4.8 for a 240 lbs man at the NFL level is slow. You should be able to differentiate that from a 310 lbs man like Lane Johnson running a 4.7 which is very fast.

Report me, whatever.

I concede nothing, homey, even if you're right about 4.8 it's still good for a QB, especially a 6-7/240 white boy. You're the one not able to differentiate, that's exactly what we've been telling you. All QB's are slow when compared to their 240 lb defensive counterparts.

I'd compare Osweiler's athletic ability to any QB to come through Denver since Cutler, he's not quite the athlete but sure as hell a lot better than any QB since.

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Report me, whatever.

I concede nothing, homey, even if you're right about 4.8 it's still good for a QB, especially a 6-7/240 white boy. You're the one not able to differentiate, that's exactly what we've been telling you. All QB's are slow when compared to their 240 lb defensive counterparts.

I'd compare Osweiler's athletic ability to any QB to come through Denver since Cutler, he's not quite the athlete but sure as hell a lot better than any QB since.

Better athlete than Tebow? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 07:00 PM

I said QB.

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 07:03 PM
I said QB.

Huh, that is the position that Tebow played.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 07:12 PM

Semantics, I'm just not as generous with the word "played". That's like calling Tyler Polumbus a TE because he lined up there.

I Eat Staples
11-22-2015, 07:15 PM
He has all the tools and he's in a great situation. He made some plays today that a shorter QB would not have made. I like how he's not afraid to go down or throw the ball away. Complete contrast from Cutler. If we win the turnover margin, we should win most of the time. The only thing that worries me is that there's not really any film of Oz going into this game. Teams don't know how to react to new guys because there's no film. That's why Matt Flynn had 1 great game. That's why the random back up comes in and plays great. Still, I have faith in the front office and coaching staff. And Oz is so likeable. This should be fun.

No, Flynn had a great game because he was playing in a shootout against a bad Lions defense with Aaron Rodgers calling plays for him.

MOtorboat
11-22-2015, 07:15 PM

I said QB.

:pound:

MOtorboat
11-22-2015, 07:16 PM
I like Osweiler. I enjoyed today's game.

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 07:22 PM
I like Osweiler. I enjoyed today's game.

This along with the GB game were by far the two most enjoyable games to watch all season.

Poet
11-22-2015, 07:39 PM
He looks like he will at least be competent, and he has arm talent. Is it possible that he doesn't work out, or ends up being a journeymen QB? Yeah, but that existed when Manning, Brady, Marino, Montana, Favre, Elway, and every other player in the league was drafted. I agree overall with your assessment.

tripp
11-22-2015, 08:36 PM
The ONLY issue I had with Brock's play today was when he was trying to do a little too much. The pocket was collapsing and he tried to run for a 1st down or force a throw, should've just thrown the ball away. Other than that, zero problem with his performance. It's the kind of play I would EXPECT from a guy who has been holding a clipboard for 3 1/2 years. You can tell he has learned a lot. It definitely helps having a lot of elite weapons in DT, and Defense.

Other than that, he made some great plays, and great throws. I really felt he played like a veteran QB today. It's too bad the O-line is really letting this team down from it's full potential. Having Emmanual Sanders back next week will be interesting, I have a good feeling Sanders and Brock will matchup great together.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 09:35 PM
He looks like he will at least be competent, and he has arm talent. Is it possible that he doesn't work out, or ends up being a journeymen QB? Yeah, but that existed when Manning, Brady, Marino, Montana, Favre, Elway, and every other player in the league was drafted. I agree overall with your assessment.

Not when Elway was drafted.

Poet
11-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Not when Elway was drafted.

Oh good lord, yes there was.

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 09:37 PM
The ONLY issue I had with Brock's play today was when he was trying to do a little too much. The pocket was collapsing and he tried to run for a 1st down or force a throw, should've just thrown the ball away. Other than that, zero problem with his performance. It's the kind of play I would EXPECT from a guy who has been holding a clipboard for 3 1/2 years. You can tell he has learned a lot. It definitely helps having a lot of elite weapons in DT, and Defense.

Other than that, he made some great plays, and great throws. I really felt he played like a veteran QB today. It's too bad the O-line is really letting this team down from it's full potential. Having Emmanual Sanders back next week will be interesting, I have a good feeling Sanders and Brock will matchup great together.

The one time he tried to scramble for a first was on a 3rd and long. There is literally zero to gain by throwing the ball away on 3rd down. With that, you are guaranteeing a punt. But running, you are at least leaving open the CHANCE of lucking into a first down.

On first or second down, sure, throw the ball away and live to play your next down. But if your two options are throw it away and punt or pull the ball down and see what happens, I don't mind picking option B there.

Simple Jaded
11-22-2015, 09:38 PM
Oh good lord, yes there was.

Erroneous!

Poet
11-22-2015, 09:45 PM
The one time he tried to scramble for a first was on a 3rd and long. There is literally zero to gain by throwing the ball away on 3rd down. With that, you are guaranteeing a punt. But running, you are at least leaving open the CHANCE of lucking into a first down.

On first or second down, sure, throw the ball away and live to play your next down. But if your two options are throw it away and punt or pull the ball down and see what happens, I don't mind picking option B there.

I thought that Brock played with the poise and expectation of a young QB understanding the scope of his role.

tripp
11-22-2015, 09:45 PM

Was more concerned for him to be healthy than trying to scramble for a 1st on a 3rd and long.

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Was more concerned for him to be healthy than trying to scramble for a 1st on a 3rd and long.

Eh, you can't play football scared to get hurt. I get sliding to protect yourself and that sort of stuff, but I didn't mind him trying to scramble there. I still would have wanted him to slide if a tackle was imminent but who knows, maybe he finds a hole and gets an easy first down. Worth giving it a shot over throwing it away. I trust him not to try to be a hero and turn it over or get himself hurt.

Poet
11-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Eh, you can't play football scared to get hurt. I get sliding to protect yourself and that sort of stuff, but I didn't mind him trying to scramble there. I still would have wanted him to slide if a tackle was imminent but who knows, maybe he finds a hole and gets an easy first down. Worth giving it a shot over throwing it away. I trust him not to try to be a hero and turn it over or get himself hurt.

He is an awkward runner, though. I mean visually when he runs I expect to hear funny sounding music.

broncobryce
11-22-2015, 10:24 PM
I find it funny, people act like Brock is immobile. He's not Russel Wilson, but he's surprisingly quick (especially for a man his size), and will scramble for a first and/or avoid sacks. I just don't see the immobile QB some have acted like.

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 10:29 PM
I find it funny, people act like Brock is immobile. He's not Russel Wilson, but he's surprisingly quick (especially for a man his size), and will scramble for a first and/or avoid sacks. I just don't see the immobile QB some have acted like.

Yeah, he is no Mike Vick but he can move around in the pocket and make plays. I think 40 time for a QB is almost completely irrelevant. A QB is not going to be running at top speed when he is evading pressure, so who gives a shit about pure speed? That is way more about instinct of when to run plus the ability to be just shifty enough to evade the pressure. Brock seems to have that. Sure maybe his running looks slow/awkward, but it's gotten him out of multiple sacks so far.

MOtorboat
11-22-2015, 10:31 PM
Yeah, he is no Mike Vick but he can move around in the pocket and make plays. I think 40 time for a QB is almost completely irrelevant. A QB is not going to be running at top speed when he is evading pressure, so who gives a shit about pure speed? That is way more about instinct of when to run plus the ability to be just shifty enough to evade the pressure. Brock seems to have that. Sure maybe his running looks slow/awkward, but it's gotten him out of multiple sacks so far.

Well, he's too tall, not fast enough and doesn't weigh enough, so you know....

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 10:32 PM

Maybe if he'd eaten a few more hamburgers this week he could have gotten us that first down scramble on 3rd and long.

Ravage!!!
11-22-2015, 10:47 PM
I think the days of overpaying a guy and giving up a second round draft pick for a guy who has one or two phenomenal games or I guess even half a season in Matt Cassell's case are over. Teams have repeatedly been burned by overpaying for backups.

Now if Denver retains him that means Os is probably pretty good since that follows the Rodgers, Brady, Steve Young paradigm. It makes sense if the backup is actually really good you would want to retain him.

You are foolish to think this. People say it EVERY time, and yte, teams take chances. Why? Just LOOK at how many BAD teams there are in the NFL right now. Look at the QBs of those bad teams, and there is a direct correlation. It's not a coincidence. If you don't have a top QB, your chances of a Super Bowl are wayyyyy below the chances of teams with one.

So teams ABSOLUTELY will take the chance on the POSSIBILITY, that athey get a guy that was sitting on the bench, and could be the hidden treasure. It's a must to be successful in this league.

They have been repeatedly burned, and every time 'fans' say "no more.. no way will someone do it"...and yet GMs go for it. For if they hit, striking gold with that is MUCH better than not rolling the dice at all.

BroncoWave
11-22-2015, 10:49 PM
You are foolish to think this. People say it EVERY time, and yte, teams take chances. Why? Just LOOK at how many BAD teams there are in the NFL right now. Look at the QBs of those bad teams, and there is a direct correlation. It's not a coincidence. If you don't have a top QB, your chances of a Super Bowl are wayyyyy below the chances of teams with one.

So teams ABSOLUTELY will take the chance on the POSSIBILITY, that athey get a guy that was sitting on the bench, and could be the hidden treasure. It's a must to be successful in this league.

They have been repeatedly burned, and every time 'fans' say "no more.. no way will someone do it"...and yet GMs go for it. For if they hit, striking gold with that is MUCH better than not rolling the dice at all.

Yeah, Brock will get a nice contract offer this season. Which is why I really hope we don't send him back to the bench and let Peyton come back in to stink it up some more. For all we know, that will be all it takes for Brock to start entertaining other offers and leave us holding the bag with no QB.

Poet
11-22-2015, 10:58 PM

Plus even if you just find a good player it's huge. Schaub for several years was an asset to Houston. Trent Green, Rich Gannon, also come to mind, but in different contexts.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2015, 11:59 PM

Combine that with the lack of buzz and it's pretty bleak.

MOtorboat
11-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Combine that with the lack of buzz and it's pretty bleak.

His contract just won't be that valuable because his 3-cone drill wasn't very impressive.

broncobryce
11-23-2015, 12:55 AM
His contract just won't be that valuable because his 3-cone drill wasn't very impressive.

If only you were the head coach, we'd be in good shape.

MOtorboat
11-23-2015, 01:28 AM
If only you were the head coach, we'd be in good shape.

You really had a hard time following the jokes in this thread?

Wow.

broncobryce
11-23-2015, 01:38 AM
You really had a hard time following the jokes in this thread?

Wow.

Sorry, just took you off ignore so it was out of context.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:33 AM

Not only is he mobile enough but you combine that with his size and strength and just wow. I think were going to have something special in brock the more experience he gets.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:41 AM
Yeah, Brock will get a nice contract offer this season. Which is why I really hope we don't send him back to the bench and let Peyton come back in to stink it up some more. For all we know, that will be all it takes for Brock to start entertaining other offers and leave us holding the bag with no QB.

Thats my biggest fear, that brock clearly out playing manning and clearly gives us the best chance to win and the team benched him as the broncos go on another losing streak/ first round exit in the playoffs and brock leaves town..... Just to end up with kansas city and destroys us the next 15 years. Wow what a nightmare.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:45 AM
Sorry, just took you off ignore so it was out of context.

The jokes on timhippo who says at brocks height he is supposed to weigh 275, so he needs to gain weight, then he says the cone drill for a qb is important, along with the 40 time, also says brock couldn't have been any good,because there was no buzz around the league about him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2015, 03:35 AM
Thats my biggest fear, that brock clearly out playing manning and clearly gives us the best chance to win and the team benched him as the broncos go on another losing streak/ first round exit in the playoffs and brock leaves town..... Just to end up with kansas city and destroys us the next 15 years. Wow what a nightmare.

Elway and Kubiak are not a bag of hammers.

MOtorboat
11-23-2015, 03:57 AM

I think I might have heard that before...

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 05:54 AM

Elway no. Kubiak to be determined. I have high hopes for kubes though.

spikerman
11-23-2015, 06:56 AM
It was a good showing by Brock, but I think fans and sportswriters are being too quick to anoint him as "the man." He was solid, but it was one game. I think it has earned him another start and Manning another week of rest, nothing more.... yet.

SR
11-23-2015, 07:20 AM

The whole Elway/Kubiak thing gives me a bad vibe. You probably wouldn't understand this reference but it gives me feelings of the Sakic/Roy thing the Avs have going, which isn't good.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 11:23 AM
The whole Elway/Kubiak thing gives me a bad vibe. You probably wouldn't understand this reference but it gives me feelings of the Sakic/Roy thing the Avs have going, which isn't good.

Elaborate on that because i have no idea who the avs are. What does sakic and roy have going on?

Rick
11-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Definitely not a Denver sports fan, to not even know who the team is.

Rick
11-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Like Elway/Kubiac, Sakic and Roy were former teammates and friends from the Colorado Avalanche glory years and now serve as GM and Coach of the Avs.

Nomad
11-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Elaborate on that because i have no idea who the avs are. What does sakic and roy have going on?

Everyone knows SR's first love is Hockey.

SR
11-23-2015, 12:30 PM

No.

Krugan
11-23-2015, 12:47 PM

How much is the sakic/roy thing being muddled by the craptastic ownership? I heard Duchene is being discussed in trades.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Definitely not a Denver sports fan, to not even know who the team is.

Who said i was a denver sports fan? I'm a bronco fan. Could careless about the nuggets and rockies.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Everyone knows SR's first love is Hockey.

Didn't really care what his first love was. But hockey? Lol makes sense.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Like Elway/Kubiac, Sakic and Roy were former teammates and friends from the Colorado Avalanche glory years and now serve as GM and Coach of the Avs.

True, well i don't know what any of that would have to do with one another. Unless someone is implying that its bad for business.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-23-2015, 02:19 PM
We're 8-2 inspite of Manning this year. I'm not gonna complain about the 2 men steering the ship.

I do concede we need major upgrades at OT. We need an elite LT and our kid from CSU needs to move to RT.

Here's to hoping Clady can catch lightning in a bottle next year.

Rick
11-23-2015, 02:42 PM

What's wrong with Hockey? I actually find it to be the most entertaining sport to watch. Too bad the wife won't let me watch 82+ sports games per year, thus I watch the second most entertaining sport to watch, once per week, as the compromise.

Mike
11-23-2015, 02:46 PM
It was a good showing by Brock, but I think fans and sportswriters are being too quick to anoint him as "the man." He was solid, but it was one game. I think it has earned him another start and Manning another week of rest, nothing more.... yet.

I don't think he should be anointed or anything, but the offense looked like it did in the preseason. It moved the chains for the most part and avoided turnovers. Exactly the kind of offense the defense needs. Very few 3 and outs. The running game showed life. The only thing holding it back is the crappy oline play and missing Sanders. I also think that they should use CJ as RB1 with rest from Hillman and move Latimer in instead of Caldwell.

I am not sure if Brock is the answer, but I am sure going back to Manning would be a mistake. Even if he is healthy. Manning is the past, going into the last half of last year we have about a full season worth of games to evaluate, he has had only one good game. The offense is stagnant for most of the game with him. Too many 3 and outs and way too many turnovers mixed in with occasional good QB play.

FanInAZ
11-23-2015, 03:13 PM
My view of Oz is the same that I stated in the game threads of the 2 preseason games I was able to watch, 1st & last. I came away from both games looking forward to him taking over from Manning, whether due to injury or retirement. Yes, there will be growing pains, but I believe that what he learned by sitting under Manning all of these, I believe he has a better shot at success then us drafting some hotshot in the 1st round. Especially if he believes all of the press clippings written about him in collage, and/or we throw him into the fray after being “groomed” by some veteran QB that has failed everywhere he’s played before.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 08:21 PM
What's wrong with Hockey? I actually find it to be the most entertaining sport to watch. Too bad the wife won't let me watch 82+ sports games per year, thus I watch the second most entertaining sport to watch, once per week, as the compromise.

Lol whatever you like my friend, why doesn't your wife allow you to watch 82 games? I'm sure there's multiple television in the home?

SR
11-23-2015, 09:21 PM
How much is the sakic/roy thing being muddled by the craptastic ownership? I heard Duchene is being discussed in trades.

Duchene was being talked about until he started scoring 19185 points per game.

SR
11-23-2015, 09:21 PM

Yeah. The man's man's sport. Wouldn't expect you to understand.

SR
11-23-2015, 09:22 PM

I like you, Rick. **** that yashahahalalahahala guy. Amirite?

Poet
11-23-2015, 09:27 PM

urrite

Rick
11-23-2015, 09:47 PM

I have managed to sneak a few games in on the tube recently when the wife wasn't looking. My son has seen some of them and is also becoming a fan.

He almost never watches football but usually sits and watches at least part of the hockey game with me until he eventually he makes his way back to the Xbox.

I consider any time he gets his attention diverted away from the Xbox to be a win.

SR
11-23-2015, 10:07 PM
I have managed to sneak a few games in on the tube recently when the wife wasn't looking. My son has seen some of them and is also becoming a fan. He almost never watches football but usually sits and watches at least part of the hockey game with me until he eventually he makes his way back to the Xbox. I consider any time he gets his attention diverted away from the Xbox to be a win.

My kids aren't old enough for video games yet, thank god.

I watch when I can. Third and fourth lines look good tonight.

Dapper Dan
11-23-2015, 10:19 PM
My kids aren't old enough for video games yet, thank god.

I watch when I can. Third and fourth lines look good tonight.

What do third and fourth lines mean?

Rick
11-23-2015, 10:30 PM
In hockey there are 4 lines of forwards and 3 lines of defensemen.

There are 3 forwards on each forward line and 2 defenseman on each line of defense.

The first 2 lines are generally more offensive and the 3rd and fourth generally more gritty and defensive.

SR can probably give a better breakdown.

SR
11-24-2015, 06:20 AM
In hockey there are 4 lines of forwards and 3 lines of defensemen. There are 3 forwards on each forward line and 2 defenseman on each line of defense. The first 2 lines are generally more offensive and the 3rd and fourth generally more gritty and defensive. SR can probably give a better breakdown.

Nope. That about sums it up.

Jsteve01
11-24-2015, 07:12 AM

The whole Elway/Kubiak thing gives me a bad vibe. You probably wouldn't understand this reference but it gives me feelings of the Sakic/Roy thing the Avs have going, which isn't good. I would feel the same way if I didn't know the story about Elway firing people while he was running the crush in the Arena League. you fired one of his father's close friends, & a guy that had been his best friend since he came into the league. So I wouldn't worry about the relationship muddying the water too much

Yashahla17
11-24-2015, 11:49 AM
None of that is the same as his relationship with kubiak though. If kubiak proves to be incompetent as a coach i believe hell get a lonnnnnng leash before he's actually fired.

Dapper Dan
11-24-2015, 12:12 PM
In hockey there are 4 lines of forwards and 3 lines of defensemen.

There are 3 forwards on each forward line and 2 defenseman on each line of defense.

The first 2 lines are generally more offensive and the 3rd and fourth generally more gritty and defensive.

SR can probably give a better breakdown.

So if it was like basketball, would it be like having different lineups? For example, having PG1 SG1 SF1 PF1 C1 and then swapping all 5 out for PG2 SG2 SG2 PG2 C2 instead of subbing players here and there?

Rick
11-24-2015, 12:30 PM
I guess different rotations would be accurate.

Hockey subs out faster than basketball, line changes are like every 30 seconds to a minute at most.

Buff
11-24-2015, 12:34 PM
So if it was like basketball, would it be like having different lineups? For example, having PG1 SG1 SF1 PF1 C1 and then swapping all 5 out for PG2 SG2 SG2 PG2 C2 instead of subbing players here and there?

Yes, precisely - except you can take it one step further and within each line of 5, usually there is a grouping of 3 forwards (Center, Left Wing, Right Wing), and a pairing of 2 defenders (Right Defense, Left Defense). So often times the forwards and the defensive pairings will swap separately from one another.

Dapper Dan
11-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Yes, precisely - except you can take it one step further and within each line of 5, usually there is a grouping of 3 forwards (Center, Left Wing, Right Wing), and a pairing of 2 defenders (Right Defense, Left Defense). So often times the forwards and the defensive pairings will swap separately from one another.

Makes sense. Now I just have to figure out the penalties and I'm set. A common call seems to be like an offsides call, when a skater crosses the line ahead of the puck. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I think soccer has a similar rule.

Northman
11-30-2015, 12:03 AM
Bump.

You all love me, say it.

Tned
11-30-2015, 12:51 AM
Bump.

You all love me, say it.

I'm tasting bile on this comparison, because I'm not a fan and think he's overrated, but Brock's start reminds me of when Romo finally got his start. Cowboy fans yapped about how great he was as a rookie starter (hello, a fifth year player, even if first starting, is not a rookie).

I'm not going to say Osweiler hasn't looked a little skittish at times, such as when he takes off and runs -- when he took that 14 yard sack rather than throw it away, but but overall i LOVEwhat see and think he is a MUCH better fit for Kubiak's offense than Manning is/was.

wayninja
11-30-2015, 12:54 AM
He's making some mistakes, but they all look correctable. Hard to fault too much of what he's done so far as long as he continues to progress. So far, so good. He holds onto the ball to long, and he doesn't use his his height enough to put touch on passes (getting them blocked).

Again, those are pretty fixable mistakes. He's looked pretty poised for someone in his second start against an undefeated SB defender in bad weather.

He's the type of guy that can keep you in games leaning on the talents of those around him as long as he's making 'safe' decisions. He's got a good long ball and is young enough to take shots while getting the pass away. So far, so good.

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 12:55 AM
Brocks got better chemistry with Latimer, Daniels, Davis and Caldwell than Manning did. Still can't figure out what's the deal with DT though but Sanders is on fire no matter what!

Oh...and that run game has took off. Brock opens up the playbook is why.

For the record I am no longer laughing and am a believer.

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 12:55 AM
Lol

Not so funny meow is it?

Northman
11-30-2015, 07:11 AM
I'm tasting bile on this comparison, because I'm not a fan and think he's overrated, but Brock's start reminds me of when Romo finally got his start. Cowboy fans yapped about how great he was as a rookie starter (hello, a fifth year player, even if first starting, is not a rookie).

I'm not going to say Osweiler hasn't looked a little skittish at times, such as when he takes off and runs -- when he took that 14 yard sack rather than throw it away, but but overall i LOVEwhat see and think he is a MUCH better fit for Kubiak's offense than Manning is/was.

And Brock will continue to look a little skittish, it was only his 2nd start despite sitting for 4 years. Even in Rodgers 1st year as a starter the team went 6-10 so i still expect some bumps in the road with Brock. But yes, i think he is a much better fit for the system that Kubes wants to run but kind of like Big Ben's second year as long as the team around him continues to play well than Brock will succeed until he gets a full grasp and command of the offense.

Dreadnought
11-30-2015, 09:59 AM
He's making some mistakes, but they all look correctable. Hard to fault too much of what he's done so far as long as he continues to progress. So far, so good. He holds onto the ball to long, and he doesn't use his his height enough to put touch on passes (getting them blocked).

Again, those are pretty fixable mistakes. He's looked pretty poised for someone in his second start against an undefeated SB defender in bad weather.

He's the type of guy that can keep you in games leaning on the talents of those around him as long as he's making 'safe' decisions. He's got a good long ball and is young enough to take shots while getting the pass away. So far, so good.

Thats the biggest thing for me. The moment wasn't too big for him last night, and it could easily have been. He improved throughout the game as well, going through reads, etc. He learned on the fly.

Timmy!
11-30-2015, 12:25 PM
You're welcome world. :D

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 05:12 PM
You're welcome world. :D

Everyones taking credit for Elways 2nd round draft pick the year he signed Manning. I think Elways saying "you're welcome world".

You remember right? The draft choice he got flammed for? Didn't we hear "why didn't he draft help for Manning now" "Why draft a QB that high when we just signed Manning"

Northman
11-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Everyones taking credit for Elways 2nd round draft pick the year he signed Manning. I think Elways saying "you're welcome world".

You remember right? The draft choice he got flammed for? Didn't we hear "why didn't he draft help for Manning now" "Why draft a QB that high when we just signed Manning"

Well, except for me. I actually drafted Oz in the 2nd round of my mock draft that year as well. I alone should be worshipped for that. Get your shit straight Bronx. :)

Timmy!
11-30-2015, 05:41 PM
I've liked Brock from the beginning and have always been on record saying he will be a solid QB. He's a NW Montana boy. We are badasses.

Northman
11-30-2015, 05:46 PM
I've liked Brock from the beginning and have always been on record saying he will be a solid QB. He's a NW Montana boy. We are badasses.

You've always been a badass though.

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 06:50 PM

Well, except for me. I actually drafted Oz in the 2nd round of my mock draft that year as well. I alone should be worshipped for that. Get your shit straight Bronx. :)

Yes, and you have continually let everyone know about that. Lol

Good call though North. A broken clock is right twice a day.

DenBronx
11-30-2015, 06:52 PM
We all talk about Brocks 2 wins but lets not forget when he came in for a benched Manning against KC the offense showed signs of life. I think we scored twice and had he played the whole game that could of been a different outcome.

I'm not saying but I'm sort of saying that Brocks a better fit.

BroncoJoe
11-30-2015, 06:53 PM
We all talk about Brocks 2 wins but lets not forget when he came in for a benched Manning against KC the offense showed signs of life. I think we scored twice and had he played the whole game that could of been a different outcome.

Brock is a better fit. No need to beat around the bush about it.

Ziggy
11-30-2015, 10:04 PM
Kubiak is running his offense with Brock in there. It's amazing how much more effective the running game is when the opposing team's defense can't put 10 in the box. With Brock's arm, they have to respect the deep throw regardless of the weather. Even with the Oline struggling the way they are, there are lanes to run through. Vernon Davis is a monster blocking on the edge. Kubiak has to be loving this.

Tned
12-01-2015, 12:18 AM
G
And Brock will continue to look a little skittish, it was only his 2nd start despite sitting for 4 years. Even in Rodgers 1st year as a starter the team went 6-10 so i still expect some bumps in the road with Brock. But yes, i think he is a much better fit for the system that Kubes wants to run but kind of like Big Ben's second year as long as the team around him continues to play well than Brock will succeed until he gets a full grasp and command of the offense.

Agreed. Having never had a chance you watch him play, other than pre-season, I had really looked forward to finally seeing what he has. So far, I'm very pleased. I'm not ready to declare him the next Brady, manning, Marino, Montana, etc, but he looks like he can be a quality starter in this system.

Yashahla17
12-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Brock is a better fit. No need to beat around the bush about it.

Not even that hes just a better fit, the kid is a good quarterback headed for greatness, and this style offense fits him perfect. Elway knew what he was looking for in a system he wanted in denver, if only brock was the starter from otas through camp and opening day forward, hed been totally smacking heads around the league by now.

Timmy!
12-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Not even that hes just a better fit, the kid is a good quarterback headed for greatness, and this style offense fits him perfect. Elway knew what he was looking for in a system he wanted in denver, if only brock was the starter from otas through camp and opening day forward, hed been totally smacking heads around the league by now.

Maybe. Maybe not. Since preseason, everybody could see Brock fit Kubes system better, but what you have to remember is this is Brocks first year in this system too, and he wasn't drafted into, nor running this system in practice, camp and ota's his first 3 years, it was Peyton's. This, along with being around 18 (just listen to Brock in interviews, he has already learned to be a humble, team focused, professional... half of this is because of where he is from, but I digress) has been a huge benefit for him. Me and North have been pilot and copilot of the Brock bandwagon for 4 years, but I'm telling you, there is going to be some growing pains. Brock is still new to this system too.

Pudge
12-02-2015, 01:28 AM

Jesus christ, he's two games in. He's had a good couple games, but let's not induct him into the hall of fame just yet.

Yashahla17
12-02-2015, 03:41 AM
Maybe. Maybe not. Since preseason, everybody could see Brock fit Kubes system better, but what you have to remember is this is Brocks first year in this system too, and he wasn't drafted into, nor running this system in practice, camp and ota's his first 3 years, it was Peyton's. This, along with being around 18 (just listen to Brock in interviews, he has already learned to be a humble, team focused, professional... half of this is because of where he is from, but I digress) has been a huge benefit for him. Me and North have been pilot and copilot of the Brock bandwagon for 4 years, but I'm telling you, there is going to be some growing pains. Brock is still new to this system too.

Never said he wouldn't have some struggles, probably wont be many though. Every qb including elites have bad games so thats a given. But brock has been in this system for 8 months, all,he needs is to continue getting live game experience.

Yashahla17
12-02-2015, 03:41 AM
Jesus christ, he's two games in. He's had a good couple games, but let's not induct him into the hall of fame just yet.

You don't have too.

MOtorboat
12-02-2015, 03:43 AM
You don't have too.

Because he's already there!

The Hall of Fame that is.

Yashahahalalahahalalala!

Cugel
12-02-2015, 07:47 AM

If your point is that Brock played better than Peyton in that Chiefs game, you're setting the bar pretty low. Peyton was serious injured and couldn't even throw the ball 5 yards in that game.

Ironically, these two games alone would probably be enough for the Broncos to commit to signing Brock to a long-term contract, and starting him next season, but not necessarily in every game this season.