PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Manning's injuries

Northman
11-19-2015, 02:33 PM
http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1613573-understanding-peyton-mannings-plantar-tear

Here are the facts: Manning has multiple injuries, including his shoulder and a partial tear in his plantar fascia. The prognosis isn’t that good for his play this year. If he does come back, he’s probably going to play with a lot of pain. He’s been doing that for years, but this time is different.

But Manning is dealing with a partial tear. How partial becomes the question of the day, and we don’t know. All we have is the rote comments from the team on giving him time to heal. That time could be between two and 12 weeks, depending on the severity of the tear and Manning’s pain tolerance.

This injury is common among runners. It’s normal for it to take 12 weeks (http://www.runnersworld.com/ask-the-sports-doc/the-best-recovery-for-partial-plantar-tear) to fully heal. During that time, you take the patient off of all running or load-bearing as much as possible for about dix weeks. Pool exercises and use of an exercise bike are common to maintain conditioning. Then, the patient has to slowly work back to full strength.

It’s worth knowing that every pass Manning has thrown was made possible by the plantar fascia. Every pass he makes requires that tissue to ‘load’ and ‘unload’ the body weight and the force from the action of throwing. That isn’t small.

It’s going to be rough on him. He’ll want to come back early, and to play through the pain. That runs a high risk of re-injury. I’m hoping that they don’t let him do that.If he takes the full 12 weeks to completely heal, that takes us past the Super Bowl. If he comes back sooner, he’s likely to re-injure it. There really isn’t an upside to this. It could spell the end of his career.

You don’t heal at 40 years old, like you did at 20. It’s life its own self. I’m very glad that they let him beat the all time passing yardage record — he’d earned it. But now it’s time for him to rest. That might sound the bells on his career. He’s getting injured more and more easily. That’s not going to change.

Manning’s set so many records that I won’t list them all. Suffice it to say, he’s been the class of the quarterback in the NFL for a long time. Getting to see him has been an honor and a pleasure.
But everything ends. Will he try to come back. Almost certainly. Is that the best option? No. The best option is to fully heal, then deal with the realities of life. Everyone loses to time.

tomjonesrocks
11-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Blows.

VonDoom
11-19-2015, 03:15 PM
If this really does bring about the end of Manning's career, I can't think of a much worse way to go out. No matter what you think of Manning as a Bronco, it's sad to see a legend go out like this.

MasterShake
11-19-2015, 03:20 PM
If this really does bring about the end of Manning's career, I can't think of a much worse way to go out. No matter what you think of Manning as a Bronco, it's sad to see a legend go out like this.

Yeah it does suck. Very few legends get to live the fairy tale at the end though. Elway had an ideal exit, but then there are players like Champ Bailey. I was SO happy to see him finally get to a Super Bowl, but then... well. Too bad but if it's time then it is time.

VonDoom
11-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah it does suck. Very few legends get to live the fairy tale at the end though. Elway had an ideal exit, but then there are players like Champ Bailey. I was SO happy to see him finally get to a Super Bowl, but then... well. Too bad but if it's time then it is time.

Champ was hurt a lot in 2013 but he made it back to at least play in that Super Bowl (though I bet he wished he didn't!) It was awkward having to let him go in the off season, but I think we all knew the time had come. If Manning's last game was that 0.0 passer rating game, that's just ridiculous.

silkamilkamonico
11-19-2015, 03:32 PM
I will always resepct and appreciate Manning, but this is a best case scenario for Broncos IMO. Obviously you don't want to lose Manning, but we're talking about losing the worst QB in the NFL statistically speaking right now. That may or may not be Manning's fault - but the more important instance is it doesn't even matter at this point. This offense with it's current core just isn't going to cut it. Maybe Osweiler doesn't come in and cut it this year either. But Denver should get a good enough look from him if they want to move forward with him or not.

Northman
11-19-2015, 03:42 PM

Pretty much what my wife said.

Northman
11-19-2015, 03:43 PM
I will always resepct and appreciate Manning, but this is a best case scenario for Broncos IMO. Obviously you don't want to lose Manning, but we're talking about losing the worst QB in the NFL statistically speaking right now. That may or may not be Manning's fault - but the more important instance is it doesn't even matter at this point. This offense with it's current core just isn't going to cut it. Maybe Osweiler doesn't come in and cut it this year either. But Denver should get a good enough look from him if they want to move forward with him or not.

Yea, im not sure how many games Oz will start but now the team will be able to evaluate him and see if he is the long term answer or not.

gregbroncs
11-19-2015, 04:05 PM
It sucks he went out like this. He should have retired in the off season. I don't see it ending much different even if he does try and play again.

TimHippo
11-19-2015, 04:46 PM

Well he was on borrowed time the last couple years. He really should have retired after the super bowl with the Seahawks. His skills and bloody started to deteriorated rapidly after that and it was only a matter of time before the body completely broke down.

VonDoom
11-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Well he was on borrowed time the last couple years. He really should have retired after the super bowl with the Seahawks. His skills and bloody started to deteriorated rapidly after that and it was only a matter of time before the body completely broke down.

Athletes always think they can come back and continue to succeed. That was pretty much all Manning had known in his career. Even last year, he played really well for the first half of the year until injury/age caught up with him. I'm sure he figured he could bounce back but it's hard to recover at his age.

slim
11-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Bummer

ShaneFalco
11-19-2015, 08:07 PM
why is it whenever Manning has a bad game, some injury report comes out?

just seems odd.

slim
11-19-2015, 08:09 PM

just seems odd.

Odd is one way to describe it.

BroncoWave
11-19-2015, 08:22 PM

This is why I was really hoping he'd retire this past offseason. This year is going down kinda like I feared it might. Peyton as a shell of his former self and winding up too beat up to finish the season. I was hoping I would be wrong but it's played out basically as I'd feared, maybe even worse.

Yashahla17
11-20-2015, 01:02 AM

just seems odd.

Its in his contract.

Yashahla17
11-20-2015, 01:06 AM
But most logical thinkers knew manning should have called it quits in the off season. But that massiv head holds a massive ego and he wanted his records. But its all good the old man had a great career. In 10 years nobody will really remember his pathetic play hell just be used as one of them athletes who held on for too long.

If brady thinks he can play 10 more years then you'll see him stinking it up just like manning from being finished.

Canmore
11-20-2015, 03:02 AM
Its in his contract.

Did you write it?

Canmore
11-20-2015, 03:05 AM
But most logical thinkers knew manning should have called it quits in the off season. But that massiv head holds a massive ego and he wanted his records. But its all good the old man had a great career. In 10 years nobody will really remember his pathetic play hell just be used as one of them athletes who held on for too long.

If brady thinks he can play 10 more years then you'll see him stinking it up just like manning from being finished.

I can see you didn't make the eighth grade ceremony, how about the sixth?

Cugel
11-20-2015, 03:26 PM
It sucks he went out like this. He should have retired in the off season. I don't see it ending much different even if he does try and play again.

That will depend entirely on how severely injured his tendon is, and how good his OL can play.

He's certainly not "week to week" more like "month to month". I would be shocked if he was ready much before the end of December, if then.

But, the 12 week prognosis is not universal. They are talking about RUNNERS, not football players. 12 weeks for a runner is understandable. Joel Dreesen played right through a similar injury and didn't miss any time. I think David Bruton? missed 3 games this season with a Plantar Fasciitis and said it was like walking on broken glass.

And at 39 Manning is not going to heal quicker than some guy who's 26. But, if he's out 6 weeks that means, at best, he could come back against the Bengals or Chargers in game 15 or 16.

If he tried to come back against the Chargers in the final week, they might better be able to evaluate whether he'd be effective in the playoffs. Of course, by then the Broncos fate might well be sealed.

If Brock plays great and the team wins, they would find it difficult to put Manning back in coming off a 6 week layoff.

If Brock plays well, but the team loses there is going to be more pressure to get Manning back in there and see what he can do (i.e. see whether they could win under Manning because no matter what you think of his performance this year, they were 7-2 under Manning).

If Brock tanks and the team tanks, there might be intense pressure to get him back in there early just to save the season, and that would be a mistake. He's not going to be effective until he's reasonably healthy. His ribs and shoulder injuries should be healed in a month though, so it's down to the foot.

I would say however, that since this is his final season, Peyton is going to want to play, regardless of the pain. Just give him a shot and try and go out there and see what happens. He's got the next 25 years to heal after this season is done. That's going to be his attitude. If it's just pain, then he probably plays. If he's going to be ineffective like in the KC game, that's a different story though.

I would hope they give him a chance sometime later this season to see if he can play with the injury. If not, then not.

NightTerror218
11-20-2015, 04:32 PM
That will depend entirely on how severely injured his tendon is, and how good his OL can play.

He's certainly not "week to week" more like "month to month". I would be shocked if he was ready much before the end of December, if then.

But, the 12 week prognosis is not universal. They are talking about RUNNERS, not football players. 12 weeks for a runner is understandable. Joel Dreesen played right through a similar injury and didn't miss any time. I think David Bruton? missed 3 games this season with a Plantar Fasciitis and said it was like walking on broken glass.

And at 39 Manning is not going to heal quicker than some guy who's 26. But, if he's out 6 weeks that means, at best, he could come back against the Bengals or Chargers in game 15 or 16.

If he tried to come back against the Chargers in the final week, they might better be able to evaluate whether he'd be effective in the playoffs. Of course, by then the Broncos fate might well be sealed.

If Brock plays great and the team wins, they would find it difficult to put Manning back in coming off a 6 week layoff.

If Brock plays well, but the team loses there is going to be more pressure to get Manning back in there and see what he can do (i.e. see whether they could win under Manning because no matter what you think of his performance this year, they were 7-2 under Manning).

If Brock tanks and the team tanks, there might be intense pressure to get him back in there early just to save the season, and that would be a mistake. He's not going to be effective until he's reasonably healthy. His ribs and shoulder injuries should be healed in a month though, so it's down to the foot.

I would say however, that since this is his final season, Peyton is going to want to play, regardless of the pain. Just give him a shot and try and go out there and see what happens. He's got the next 25 years to heal after this season is done. That's going to be his attitude. If it's just pain, then he probably plays. If he's going to be ineffective like in the KC game, that's a different story though.

I would hope they give him a chance sometime later this season to see if he can play with the injury. If not, then not.

Honestly, if Brock co.es out and offense plays well for next few weeks. I would not be surprised if Manning went to IR. Take the controversy out of the equation.

TimHippo
11-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Honestly, if Brock co.es out and offense plays well for next few weeks. I would not be surprised if Manning went to IR. Take the controversy out of the equation.

I doubt that happens. Peyton would want to be on the active roster and get in the super bowl during garbage time on the slim chance that osweiler led them to a super bowl win rather than be stuck on IR during his last year.

LawDog
11-20-2015, 05:43 PM
I doubt that happens. Peyton would want to be on the active roster and get in the super bowl during garbage time on the slim chance that osweiler led them to a super bowl win rather than be stuck on IR during his last year.

This scenario will never, ever happen... Never.

NightTerror218
11-20-2015, 07:09 PM

And if Kubiak's system starts to click and everyone plays better, do you start Manning g or keep brock?

I am just saying this since I am hoping the OL finally gets it together and offense can move the ball.

This could happen, who starts the playoffs?

BroncoWave
11-20-2015, 07:12 PM
If Brock plays well and we keep winning with him, there is no way you bring back Peyton IMO. Only way we should bring back Peyton is if Brock is just terrible and Peyton gets healthy enough to play again.

NightTerror218
11-20-2015, 07:43 PM
If Brock plays well and we keep winning with him, there is no way you bring back Peyton IMO. Only way we should bring back Peyton is if Brock is just terrible and Peyton gets healthy enough to play again.

But do you keep Manning on bench. Do you bench a HOFer? Or do you put him on IR and let him go out that way?

BroncoWave
11-20-2015, 07:53 PM
But do you keep Manning on bench. Do you bench a HOFer? Or do you put him on IR and let him go out that way?

Probably IR. No sense in him taking up a valuable roster spot on the bench. If we are in fact going to move on from Manning, it can't be halfway, it has to be all the way.

Dzone
11-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Manning hasnt talked to Brock at all this week? Doesnt matter because Osweiller doesnt need Manning anymore
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25382790/report-manning-hasnt-spoken-with-osweiler-about-game-plan-vs-bears

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Its in his contract.

Would you mind posting exactly how you know that? Or posting information which states that.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Manning hasnt talked to Brock at all this week? Doesnt matter because Osweiller doesnt need Manning anymore
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25382790/report-manning-hasnt-spoken-with-osweiler-about-game-plan-vs-bears

from article:

Manning was briefly on hand at Friday's practice, Head Coach Gary Kubiak said, but quickly returned to his rehabilitation from shoulder, rib-cage and foot injuries that will force him to miss a game for the first time as a Bronco.

Kubiak had said Monday that he wanted Manning's "total focus" to be on his rehabilitation.

"The plan was in place all week," Kubiak said after Friday's practice. "Me and Greek [Head Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulous] talked last night. This had been the thought process all week: away from ball, away from meetings, focus on getting healthy. It's been that way with both of them. It hadn't changed.
"

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-DeMarcus-Ware-not-traveling-to-Chicago/35ede094-09e6-45cf-ad5a-e55a1623a691

CrazyHorse
11-20-2015, 11:24 PM

Spoiler: Brock gets hurt in the playoffs and Manning leads us to the Super Bowl.

Regardless of what happens this year, what if Manning wants to come back next year and is fully healthy?

BroncoWave
11-20-2015, 11:27 PM
Spoiler: Brock gets hurt in the playoffs and Manning leads us to the Super Bowl.

Regardless of what happens this year, what if Manning wants to come back next year and is fully healthy?

Elway tells him no I would hope. I really think Elway was on the fence about it even this year. I would be totally shocked if he is even entertaining the notion of bringing Manning back next year. I don't care how "healthy" he is heading into next season, I have zero faith that his 40 year old body would last another 16 games. And I think Brock would sign elsewhere if we brought Manning back, which would then leave us without a QB after Manning. I just don't think Elway would commit that kind of blunder.

NightTerror218
11-20-2015, 11:35 PM

I doubt it, obvious he is not the same. I think most people were shocked he even took a 4 mill pay cut.

NightTerror218
11-20-2015, 11:36 PM

Oz is being given the chance to show he can take reins this weekend. No mentor, just him and the coaches.

MOtorboat
11-20-2015, 11:41 PM
Manning said at the beginning of the week he'd leave it up to the coaches and Osweiler unless Osweiler wanted to talk to him.

CrazyHorse
11-20-2015, 11:48 PM
Elway tells him no I would hope. I really think Elway was on the fence about it even this year. I would be totally shocked if he is even entertaining the notion of bringing Manning back next year. I don't care how "healthy" he is heading into next season, I have zero faith that his 40 year old body would last another 16 games. And I think Brock would sign elsewhere if we brought Manning back, which would then leave us without a QB after Manning. I just don't think Elway would commit that kind of blunder.

I know. It's funny that Brees and Brady both thing they can play another 10 years. They'll both be 40 in 4 and 2 years respectively.

VonDoom
11-20-2015, 11:55 PM
I know. It's funny that Brees and Brady both thing they can play another 10 years. They'll both be 40 in 4 and 2 years respectively.

Easy to say when they're feeling good. Look at 2013 Manning vs 2015 Manning. Age will get everyone eventually, even Brady

CrazyHorse
11-21-2015, 12:08 AM
Easy to say when they're feeling good. Look at 2013 Manning vs 2015 Manning. Age will get everyone eventually, even Brady

Or even Manning's play from the beginning and end of last season. It was like flipping a switch after the quad strain. He hasn't been the same since. It's not as easy to come back from injuries at that age and in the NFL it's not a matter of if but when. Players like Hasselbeck are the exception because they're not starters and don't have the full rigor of an NFL season.

Yashahla17
11-21-2015, 12:38 AM

Lol damn manning is really that salty? Not a single conversation.

Yashahla17
11-21-2015, 12:39 AM
Would you mind posting exactly how you know that? Or posting information which states that.

It was a joke madam. How would i know he has an excuse clause in his contract? Lol

HORSEPOWER 56
11-21-2015, 12:48 AM
Manning said in an interview that he didn't want to be "another voice" in Brock's ear. He said he's there if Brock needs him. He's not going to stand around and armchair QB Brock's preparation. He's not a coach and doesn't want to undermine their authority. I think it's a very admirable quality.

Yashahla17
11-21-2015, 03:22 AM
But manning should be a coach like figure in his mind if you really want what's best for him. Manning brain was the greatest weve ever seen from a quarterback. Brock has been studying manning since he was drafted but it would still be good for him to be in his ear. Many veterans on there way out has got in the head of the younger guys at there positions wanting the best for them. But i dont think manning has ever cared for his back up. You dont have to undermine authorities to be a HOF voice in brocks head just sharing endless wisdom.

MOtorboat
11-21-2015, 03:32 AM
But manning should be a coach like figure in his mind if you really want what's best for him. Manning brain was the greatest weve ever seen from a quarterback. Brock has been studying manning since he was drafted but it would still be good for him to be in his ear. Many veterans on there way out has got in the head of the younger guys at there positions wanting the best for them. But i dont think manning has ever cared for his back up. You dont have to undermine authorities to be a HOF voice in brocks head just sharing endless wisdom.

Nope. This direction is the best to go. Osweiler can't possibly know everything Manning knows. No one has the photographic memory Manning has, nor does anyone have the intelligence he has, ever.

The last thing Osweiler needs is the smartest guy to ever play the game giving him too much info and second guessing Osweiler's thoughts and decisions.

If you want Osweiler to succeed as badly as you say you want him to, this is the best thing for him.

Yashahla17
11-21-2015, 03:48 AM
Dude being in the film room and going through some wisdom isn't trying to make brock knows everything manning knew.

MOtorboat
11-21-2015, 03:50 AM
Dude being in the film room and going through some wisdom isn't trying to make brock knows everything manning knew.

He's got to learn the gameplan with his coaches. The guys calling the plays. He can't learn it from the other guy.

I know you're just looking for another reason to shit on Manning, so I shouldn't even respond, but you're wrong.

Yashahla17
11-21-2015, 04:49 AM
Dont respond then, i have never bashed manning, the truth is the truth. Im the only one who wanted to give manning mercy anyway.

Canmore
11-21-2015, 04:55 AM
Dont respond then, i have never bashed manning, the truth is the truth. Im the only one who wanted to give manning mercy anyway.

You are a real American hero.

Valar Morghulis
11-21-2015, 04:57 AM
You are a real American hero.

Yash is to manning what Andrew Jackson was to several million native Americans

Canmore
11-21-2015, 04:58 AM
Yash is to manning what Andrew Jackson was to several million native Americans

You certainly have a way of turning a phrase.

SR
11-21-2015, 09:45 AM

I would think that all of the advice and mentoring Manning has given him over the years would have him prepared for his first start. I don't think that Manning could tell him anything more this week that will make Brock any more ready.

DenBronx
11-21-2015, 10:06 AM

Yeah I call bullshit on that one.

BroncoJoe
11-21-2015, 10:08 AM
I would think that all of the advice and mentoring Manning has given him over the years would have him prepared for his first start. I don't think that Manning could tell him anything more this week that will make Brock any more ready.

Last thing Brock needs is another voice in his head. That's what having coaches (Head, Offensive, Quarterbacks) are for.

Dzone
11-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Manning is probably not going to be healed for another year or more. Too bad Alex Rodriguezes doctor is no longer in business
Wheres sneakers bears game thread? Read someone saying the game is foxes super bowl, even though he's pretending its not. This game has more drama than most typical games. I will hate hearing foxes voice gloating his ass off if they win.

Nomad
11-21-2015, 10:41 AM
It's interesting that....this is a different thread, but looks similar to the rest of the Manning threads. Yashi vs the BF community. :lol:

Nomad
11-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Manning said at the beginning of the week he'd leave it up to the coaches and Osweiler unless Osweiler wanted to talk to him.

I hope Brock asks a lot of questions during the game, so Peyton can critique him....in a tactful manner of course.

MOtorboat
11-21-2015, 10:51 AM
I hope Brock asks a lot of questions during the game, so Peyton can critique him....in a tactful manner of course.

Manning didn't travel.

BroncoJoe
11-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Manning didn't travel.

What is your opinion of that, MO? I have mixed feelings.

MOtorboat
11-21-2015, 10:57 AM
What is your opinion of that, MO? I have mixed feelings.

Injured players almost never travel.

BroncoJoe
11-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Injured players almost never travel.

Ware has been, but now is not. I was just curious. I think it's for the better. Imagine anything Brock does during the game, the cameras and announcers would immediately go to Manning. I think it's a good distraction left alone.

Ravage!!!
11-21-2015, 11:21 AM

just seems odd.

Because there is a difference between bad...and what we've seen of Manning. This isn't Tebow on the field where we expect to see such dramatic peaks and valleys between games. This is Peyton Manning, and obviously something isn't "right" when he has a game like that. It's not just "some" QB.

MOtorboat
11-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Ware has been, but now is not. I was just curious. I think it's for the better. Imagine anything Brock does during the game, the cameras and announcers would immediately go to Manning. I think it's a good distraction left alone.

CBS will probably comment on it every chance they get, whether he's there or not. (Fair warning to people who naturally dislike announcers)

In terms of Osweiler, I just think it's best to make him the man for the week and keep Manning away, unless Osweiler wants his advice. I think Manning and the Broncos took the correct approach. You can't control what the media does, and that is going to be a storyline and has to be asked about, but Osweiler and Kubiak won't have to answer questions about it until after the game, anyway.

Ravage!!!
11-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Nope. This direction is the best to go. Osweiler can't possibly know everything Manning knows. No one has the photographic memory Manning has, nor does anyone have the intelligence he has, ever.

The last thing Osweiler needs is the smartest guy to ever play the game giving him too much info and second guessing Osweiler's thoughts and decisions.

If you want Osweiler to succeed as badly as you say you want him to, this is the best thing for him.

Andrew Luck does.

MOtorboat
11-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Andrew Luck does.

Is Andrew Luck taking the field for the Broncos on Sunday?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2015, 11:36 AM
from article posted on Nov. 16th

"I think that I need to use this week and use the time," Manning said. "I'm not going to be on the practice field, so I can dedicate the time to being in the training room and active rest, if you will. Hopefully, it helps me out."

In the meantime, Manning threw his support behind fourth-year backup Brock Osweiler, who will make his first career regular-season start Sunday.

"He just said, 'If you need anything throughout the week, I'm here for you. I support you 100 percent and go get a win in Chicago,'" Osweiler recalled.

But Manning won't overload Osweiler as he offers his support.

"As I shared with him, he's probably going to have a lot of coaches this week -- some that aren't coaches, either, that are going to be offering him tips of advice," Manning said. "I told him that I am here for him as a resource if he needs me, but I'm not going to be one of those extra voices in his ear.

"He and I have always shared ideas and talked about situations. I told him that whatever help I can give him, I'm here for him, but I'm going to let him come to me on those things because he's going to have plenty on his plate.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-Time-to-focus-on-active-rest/a4006528-80a9-4129-9dc2-5a0fb6713c47

Nomad
11-21-2015, 11:55 AM

I'm opposite. It's a distraction to people watching, but I believe Manning could be a good mentor on the sideline for Brock. Then again, I guess there is a QB coach.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-21-2015, 11:58 AM
from article posted on Nov. 16th

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-Time-to-focus-on-active-rest/a4006528-80a9-4129-9dc2-5a0fb6713c47

That's the best possible approach.

Yashahla17
11-22-2015, 12:29 AM

Dont reply to me you cant read my post remember? Gnat.

SR
11-22-2015, 08:49 AM
Dont reply to me you cant read my post remember? Gnat.

Huh?

Slick
11-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Non-story as far as Manning not traveling. He needs to stay off the foot if it's going to heal.

compucomp
11-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Odd is one way to describe it.

Yeah, most likely his agent or his dad is leaking the information (misinformation?) to garner sympathy from the public.

Valar Morghulis
11-23-2015, 02:47 AM
Non-story as far as Manning not traveling. He needs to stay off the foot if it's going to heal.

Did Elway travel when brister stepped in for him?

(It's not rhetorical I don't know the answer)

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:54 AM
Huh?

Nothing i am done with you and your circle who do nothing but harass me and attack me, you'll be lucky to get another reply. I see the bias and i see the gangs Confederate against me. Due to private messages from supporting members telling me to hang in there and disregard you gang members i will stick around. But as far as giving you gang members the time of day? Its over.

Yashahla17
11-23-2015, 02:59 AM
Yeah, most likely his agent or his dad is leaking the information (misinformation?) to garner sympathy from the public.

What kind of sympathy could he possibly receive by leaking things like he's playing next year whether its with denver or else where?

SR
11-23-2015, 08:39 AM
What kind of sympathy could he possibly receive by leaking things like he's playing next year whether its with denver or else where?

Peyton didn't leak that. No one from the team leaked it. It's conjecture at best from a guy looking for headlines to stir up some controversy.

Slick
11-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Did Elway travel when brister stepped in for him?

(It's not rhetorical I don't know the answer)

I don't remember.

Valar Morghulis
11-23-2015, 10:27 AM
I don't remember.

I am sure mo can tell us...mo?

MOtorboat
11-23-2015, 11:44 AM
I am sure mo can tell us...mo?

I have no idea. You know why I have no idea? Because it's not a big deal, nor is it something that should be as scrutinized and criticized as it has been.

Valar Morghulis
11-23-2015, 01:57 PM
I have no idea. You know why I have no idea? Because it's not a big deal, nor is it something that should be as scrutinized and criticized as it has been.

I am so disappointed by this answer. I felt sure you could tell us that he didn't because that's just what happens

Take an f