PDA

View Full Version : Aging Peyton Manning Now Forced To Take Field With Assistance Dog

BroncoTech
11-17-2015, 07:13 PM
DENVER—Noting that he is no longer capable of safely maneuvering across the field on his own, the Denver Broncos announced Tuesday that quarterback Peyton Manning will now be accompanied in all games by a specially trained assistance dog. “Given Peyton’s age and physical limitations, he needs Scout to help him navigate the pocket and find his way to and from the huddle,” said head coach Gary Kubiak, adding that the 2-year-old Labrador retriever—who the veteran quarterback will have on a leash at all times when stepping into the backfield—can recognize all of Manning’s voice commands and hand signals at the line of scrimmage and will then carefully guide him through a play accordingly.

http://www.theonion.com/article/aging-peyton-manning-now-forced-take-field-assista-51858

It's on the internet it must be true.

BroncoTech
11-17-2015, 07:23 PM
He was tossing a frisbee to the dog, but it kept getting intercepted.

silkamilkamonico
11-17-2015, 09:32 PM
Continuing to bash the 2nd best QB in organizational history, not even to mention a first ballad HoF and one who will go down as one of the greatest QB's ever, and is responsible for the 2nd best 3-4 year run ever in Bronco history. The is why the Denver fanbase is right up there as one of the clown fanbases in the NFL and all of sports.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2015, 09:34 PM
What a piece of crap

BroncoWave
11-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Continuing to bash the 2nd best QB in organizational history, not even to mention a first ballad HoF and one who will go down as one of the greatest QB's ever, and is responsible for the 2nd best 3-4 year run ever in Bronco history. The is why the Denver fanbase is right up there as one of the clown fanbases in the NFL and all of sports.

What a piece of crap

Um, it's an onion article. It's satire. Try to remove the sticks from your anuses.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Um, it's an onion article. It's satire. Try to remove the sticks from your anuses.

It's none of your business what my thoughts are on it.

BroncoWave
11-17-2015, 10:02 PM

What, what? You posted your thoughts on the matter on a public forum. Don't post opinions if you don't want them replied to.

Simple Jaded
11-17-2015, 10:32 PM

I don't think he was talking about the article and I tend to agree with his butthurt on this topic.

foco
11-17-2015, 10:38 PM
The sense of self-reverence is strong with this forum. People are literally incapable of even having a laugh about something satirical. It's a football team....and it's a satire news site.

GEM
11-17-2015, 10:41 PM
I get its satire, but it's pretty shitty and completely classless. If anyone talks like that about Elway, people are ready to murder mother******s...but no biggie with Manning. Appreciate what he's given us...an unexpected 4 year run of pretty good damn football. He needed to be sat..he dont need to be disrespected. If he hadn't come here, we'd probably all be miserable Broncos fans in the middle of tryingbto find a qb.

Yashahla17
11-17-2015, 10:46 PM
It was lame humor. Somebody put a lot into that and it still came out corny.

GEM
11-17-2015, 10:52 PM

Came out stupid and not funny at all.

Pudge
11-17-2015, 10:58 PM
The sense of self-reverence is strong with this forum. People are literally incapable of even having a laugh about something satirical. It's a football team....and it's a satire news site.

I laughed, it's funny, he's old. I get it. You're not a genius that is a higher intellectual than the rest of us, but when you see the hate, foaming at the mouth bullshit about Manning that goes on around here, it's like people forgot what they have had. One of the greatest to ever play the game made us relevant for a few years, and nobody cares. I remember Tebow, Orton, Cutler, Plummer. We haven't been this relevant in a long time. Mannings old, he's sore, he's injured, and he's had a rough few games. Everybody's willing to throw that away for the unkown. Give manning a few games off, let him rest, and watch him come back like he did two weeks ago in Green Bay. He proved he's still capable.

BroncoWave
11-17-2015, 11:09 PM
I get its satire, but it's pretty shitty and completely classless. If anyone talks like that about Elway, people are ready to murder mother******s...but no biggie with Manning. Appreciate what he's given us...an unexpected 4 year run of pretty good damn football. He needed to be sat..he dont need to be disrespected. If he hadn't come here, we'd probably all be miserable Broncos fans in the middle of tryingbto find a qb.

It's one thing to say it was lame humor or not funny. But classless? Again, this is an onion article. They basically all read like this. I still greatly appreciate what Manning has done for us, but that doesn't mean we can't have a laugh at his expense.

Completely different with he and Elway. Elway was a lifelong Bronco and brought us two rings. He gets held in much higher reverence than a guy who has been here for 3 and a half years on the tail end of his career. He just does. FTR though, if I read a funny satire piece making fun of Elway, I wouldn't find that classless either.

BroncoWave
11-17-2015, 11:10 PM
I laughed, it's funny, he's old. I get it. You're not a genius that is a higher intellectual than the rest of us, but when you see the hate, foaming at the mouth bullshit about Manning that goes on around here, it's like people forgot what they have had. One of the greatest to ever play the game made us relevant for a few years, and nobody cares. I remember Tebow, Orton, Cutler, Plummer. We haven't been this relevant in a long time. Mannings old, he's sore, he's injured, and he's had a rough few games. Everybody's willing to throw that away for the unkown. Give manning a few games off, let him rest, and watch him come back like he did two weeks ago in Green Bay. He proved he's still capable.

I think you are overreacting a bit to the post from one or two posters and extrapolating them onto everyone. The vast majority of people on here aren't expressing this "foaming at the mouth hate" to which you are referring.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2015, 11:22 PM
Can we dump this thread please?

GEM
11-17-2015, 11:40 PM
I don't view Manning as a Bronco, he's a rental. He is a Colt who brought us a few good years we probably wouldnt have had ifvl he had not come here. I view him as one of the best of all time who should garner respect, not some dumb ******* idiot at the onion who couldnt hold Mannings jock on or off the field writing some piece like that. He deserves a hell of alot better. Manning is right up there with Elway as one of the goat, he's breaking down, which I'm sure is bothering enough as it is without seeing shit like this article. Just because he makes millions dont mean the guy dont have feelings.

FanInAZ
11-18-2015, 12:28 AM
The Onion is one of my favorite site, but this one didn't make me laugh. I'm not bothered by it, I'm just not laughing.

Joel
11-18-2015, 03:20 AM
...the 2-year-old Labrador retriever... can recognize all of Manning’s voice commands and hand signals at the line of scrimmage....Scout will make sure Peyton can move around slowly and securely... and he’s trained to bark if there’s a defender blitzing Peyton’s blind side....
Wow, 4 of our 5 starting linemen can only (occasionally) manage that last one; this dog's already made the team better.

WARHORSE
11-18-2015, 05:16 AM
I can see a chef fan or a raider troll coming in here and posting that.....but a supposed Bronco fan? You gotta be kidding me. Onion article or not, why would Broncos fans

find humor in Mannings age and injury? I guess thats the new generation of Bronco fan......which to me aint a fandom worth spit.

Sorry. I aint here to win points.

Dzone
11-18-2015, 06:34 AM
The Onion is one of the all time stupidest websites but I cant understand anyone getting butt hurt over that. Its a joke. Lighten up folks

SR
11-18-2015, 07:43 AM

Edited. Not worth it.

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 07:46 AM
I don't view Manning as a Bronco, he's a rental. He is a Colt who brought us a few good years we probably wouldnt have had ifvl he had not come here. I view him as one of the best of all time who should garner respect, not some dumb ******* idiot at the onion who couldnt hold Mannings jock on or off the field writing some piece like that. He deserves a hell of alot better. Manning is right up there with Elway as one of the goat, he's breaking down, which I'm sure is bothering enough as it is without seeing shit like this article. Just because he makes millions dont mean the guy dont have feelings.

The onion makes fun of literally everyone. It's not like they are singling out Manning. I think you're overreacting, GEM.

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Edited. Not worth it.

I would have kept that post up if I were you. Needed to be said.

SR
11-18-2015, 07:49 AM
I would have kept that post up if I were you. Needed to be said.

I know but I don't feel like being chastised by GEM and whoever else.

Northman
11-18-2015, 07:53 AM
I dont think people understand that it isnt a real article. lol

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 07:54 AM

I think people actually do understand that it's satire and they are STILL offended by it. Blows my mind.

Northman
11-18-2015, 07:58 AM

While i cant change your mind about this particular article it should be pointed out that The Onion does this to anyone and everyone. I think people are overreacting a bit here personally.

Dzone
11-18-2015, 07:59 AM

lol...no doubt! People taking this wayyyyyyy too ******* serious. The onion is a spoof rag written by a bunch of dorks with too much time on their hands

EastCoastBronco
11-18-2015, 08:04 AM
I thought it was funny.
He could have used a couple of assistance dogs on Sunday to keep Houston and Hali off his ass because the O-Line obviously couldn't.

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Hopefully for Andy Dalton's sake the onion never writes an article about him. He might go totally nuclear! :lol:

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Hell I've found in life that most celebrities find it an honor to be spoofed whether it be by South Park, SNL, Weird Al, you name it. Most people say they know they have made it when they are getting spoofed by guys like that. I would say the onion is just about the sports equivalent of those other people. Whether you find them funny or not, they haven't been around as long as they have nor have then been as successful as they've been without at least a few people appreciating them.

Hell, if Peyton has half the sense of humor I think he has based on all his commercials and such, he probably would chuckle at this onion article if he read it. I would be totally shocked if it offended him the way it is some on here.

GEM
11-18-2015, 08:22 AM
I know but I don't feel like being chastised by GEM and whoever else.

I would not chastise you or anyone for your opinion on the piece. I didn't like the article, that's me. I never once in this thread said That anyone was anything for finding it funny. So don't go there bringing my name into your post.

GEM
11-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Honestly, the only ones being chastised are the ones who don't find it funny and were offended by it. Pot, meet kettle.

Yashahla17
11-18-2015, 08:41 AM
How,does something as goofy as this end upma issue? Lol.

GEM
11-18-2015, 09:09 AM

It's not an issue...you're on a message board...someone posts something and people talk about it. Have you heard it on ESPN or NFL Network?

Rick
11-18-2015, 09:13 AM

What does that say about the quality of a Manning bash article if even this guy doesn't like it.

GEM
11-18-2015, 09:20 AM
What does that say about the quality of a Manning bash article if even this guy doesn't like it.

:laugh: Right!

SR
11-18-2015, 09:21 AM
I would not chastise you or anyone for your opinion on the piece. I didn't like the article, that's me. I never once in this thread said That anyone was anything for finding it funny. So don't go there bringing my name into your post.

The post I edited had nothing to do with the article and you would've jumped down my throat for what I said because I've already seen you react that way to other people that have said things close to what I he originally typed out.

GEM
11-18-2015, 09:39 AM
The post I edited had nothing to do with the article and you would've jumped down my throat for what I said because I've already seen you react that way to other people that have said things close to what I he originally typed out.

So you said something to or about Carol..then yea I probably would have...especially if it had nothing to do with the article.

BroncoNut
11-18-2015, 09:59 AM
I don't think he was talking about the article and I tend to agree with his butthurt on this topic.

say what?

BroncoNut
11-18-2015, 10:01 AM

oh comeon, good lord folks

Dzone
11-18-2015, 10:03 AM
Lmao...the article wasnt that funny but the reacxtion to it is hilarious

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Lmao...the article wasnt that funny but the reacxtion to it is hilarious

Seriously though. This is like our message board's version of the JJ Watt-Andy Dalton controversy.

SR
11-18-2015, 11:17 AM
So you said something to or about Carol..then yea I probably would have...especially if it had nothing to do with the article.

Here's basically what I said:

Any time anyone disagrees with something Carol posts or has something to say about something she posts, she gets snippy. I get that her hours upon hours of time spent on the computer every day scouring the Internet to post articles here are a major contribution to this site, but she, like everyone else, is subject to criticism and the opinions contained within. And no, this isn't an attack on Carol the person or the poster. It's an observation.

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 11:41 AM
It was stupid, and barely funny, but Manning is not free from criticism or playful digs.

The comparison to Elway is ridiculous. Manning isn't, and will never be remembered as a Broncos player. Maybe it'd be different in my mind if we won the SB he helped us get to, but he didn't.

And, if you post an opinion on this site, it is subject to the same scrutiny as anyone else. (this is not a dig on Carol, but all those expressing butthurt feelings over the article)

Nomad
11-18-2015, 11:49 AM
So the issue here started as a poster was butthurt because folks didn't like the article and called them out rather than saying an opinion on the article, and now it's turned into an issue��. Nothing's changed here.

Buff
11-18-2015, 12:05 PM
The replies in this thread makes me regret being alive.

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 12:06 PM
The replies in this thread makes me regret being alive.

Kill yourself.

Buff
11-18-2015, 12:07 PM
Kill yourself.

That would be preferable to reading this thread again.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2015, 12:07 PM
:laugh:

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 12:08 PM

:laugh:

Northman
11-18-2015, 12:38 PM
I guess its just big news in terms of Manning and what is going on with injuries or no injuries. There are jokes to be found everywhere.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12249828_938685272873098_5390415281339793817_n.jpg ?oh=026559a045ce2cf5986812f0b90373d5&oe=56AF2043

But here is an article that actually dives a little more into what happens with aging QB's and that sometimes they play a little too long. Its actually a pretty good read.

Peyton Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning)'s demise as a serviceable NFL quarterback has been marked by deep sorrow and multiple frown emojis, depending on your age and personal taste. People think it's just so sad to see a noble warrior break down. They feel so bad for Manning's pride. They're embarrassed by his presumed embarrassment and unsure how to explain it to their children.As it turns out, however, this kind of thing happens much more often than they might realize, as ESPN analyst Brian Burke has noted (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14141359/great-quarterbacks-often-just-fall-fast-peyton-manning-has). If you go way back, all the way to 2010, you will find a similarly morose exit for another future Hall of Fame quarterback. Brett Favre was pummeled in his final season, forced in essence to walk away in Week 14 before one brief and final hurrah in Week 15.

Recent NFL history is littered, in fact, with the too-late retirements of iconic quarterbacks. The image was forever captured in a photograph of 38-year-old Y.A. Tittle, dazed and sitting on his knees, blood trickling down his bald head, in 1964. A four-interception game Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs) was Manning's "Tittle Moment," one unfortunately shared by more than a half-dozen of his Hall of Fame -- or soon-to-be-enshrined -- contemporaries.

Brett Favre

Final season: 2010

What changed: In many ways, Favre never recovered from the punishment he took in the 2009 NFC Championship Game. After throwing 33 touchdowns and a career-low seven interceptions that season, he returned noticeably less mobile in 2010 because of a chronic ankle injury. Favre threw seven interceptions in his first four games, matching his total for the entire 2009 season. Immobile in the pocket, he suffered shoulder, chest and foot injuries that eventually snapped his streak of consecutive games played. A concussion ended his career.

Troy Aikman

Final season: 2000

What changed: Aikman's body couldn't get him through the season. He needed multiple epidural shots to relieve back pain, and the second of two concussions ended his career in Week 12. His performance dipped noticeably when he was on the field, leading to a passer rating that dropped from 81.1 in 1999 to 64.3. He doubled his interception percentage, throwing one on 5.3 percent of his passes a year after limiting them to 2.7 percent. His 14 interceptions in just 262 attempts was his highest total in eight years, and his average of 148.4 yards per game was by far the lowest of his career.

GEM
11-18-2015, 12:40 PM

Any time anyone disagrees with something Carol posts or has something to say about something she posts, she gets snippy. I get that her hours upon hours of time spent on the computer every day scouring the Internet to post articles here are a major contribution to this site, but she, like everyone else, is subject to criticism and the opinions contained within. And no, this isn't an attack on Carol the person or the poster. It's an observation.

All Carol posted was What a piece of crap...she was then told to remove the stick from her anus...she was talking about a stupid article. She's an older lady and I'm sorry, I was raised to respect those older than you, I would never tell Carol to remove a stick from her anus. Completely disrespectful. She was offended by the comment back to her and responded. Besides....we all have quirks that people don't like, does it really need to be pointed out? I'm a raging bitch, do I need you to point that out? No. You can be an argumentative *******. Do you need that pointed out? No.

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 12:48 PM

Sweet, we all win!

Northman
11-18-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm a raging bitch,

Yea, but i still love you. :)

Dreadnought
11-18-2015, 12:59 PM
I thought it was pretty funny myself, and had posted it in the Lounge. We dog Broncos mercilessly when they don't deliver. Its what fans do. See also, Moore, Raheem. Sometimes I think we as a group are even unfair in that criticism, see also Bell, Tatum.

Peyton Manning is a 1st ballot HOFer and an all-time great, but he played a historically bad game for our team against a division rival that most if not all people here hate like poison. It was a dreadful performance, one that Jimmy Clausen would be embarrassed by, and he deserves the dogging he has gotten for it. That is not to diminish what he did here in 2012, 2013, and the first half of 2014. He thinks he can still play: maybe he can, but the evidence has not been trending that way in 2015.

GEM
11-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Yea, but i still love you. :)

I've come to terms with it. :laugh: Love ya, North! :D

GEM
11-18-2015, 01:05 PM
I thought it was pretty funny myself, and had posted it in the Lounge. We dog Broncos mercilessly when they don't deliver. Its what fans do. See also, Moore, Raheem. Sometimes I think we as a group are even unfair in that criticism, see also Bell, Tatum.

Peyton Manning is a 1st ballot HOFer and an all-time great, but he played a historically bad game for our team against a division rival that most if not all people here hate like poison. It was a dreadful performance, one that Jimmy Clausen would be embarrassed by, and he deserves the dogging he has gotten for it. That is not to diminish what he did here in 2012, 2013, and the first half of 2014. He thinks he can still play: maybe he can, but the evidence has not been trending that way in 2015.

I just think it was in horrible taste. Different senses of humor and I wasn't ever trying to down anyone who felt it was funny. Its like to-mato and to-mottto...differences of opinions. :shrugs: Rahim Moore has always been a pretty terrible player, Manning hasn't. Age caught up with him...as it does with everyone. Tatum Bell got a get out of jail card because he ran into the end zone with Ray Lewis strapped to his body, had he not done that, everyone would still be talking shit about him, well they still do, just saw a cell phone kiosk joke here a few days ago.

Yes, he was bad....horrible. So horrible that twice now I've stopped watching games at halftime, I can't remember the last time I did that. I also understand he's breaking down, getting old and he's behind an offensive line that is ******* horrendous. Hope he rides off into the sunset, retires and enjoys his billions. I also hope Oz can be a great qb because I'm not looking forward to a few down seasons looking for another answer at qb.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2015, 01:07 PM

I find it quite interesting that you THINK you know that I spend hours upon hours daily scouring the internet. For your information, my Mom, who will be 102 in Dec. lives with me. I get up early each morning to have a cup of coffee, before I need to get her up. Most days I log on to BF then, and do not log off until I head to bed. However, just because I am logged on, that does NOT mean that I am constantly on the internet. Much of my days are spent giving Mom medications, making, serving her food, assisting her when she needs to go to the bathroom, laying her down in the afternoon for a nap, etc, PLUS doing everything inside and yard work. Also, because she needs someone with her constantly, I get out of the house approximately 4 hours a week.

GEM
11-18-2015, 01:12 PM
I find it quite interesting that you THINK you know that I spend hours upon hours daily scouring the internet. For your information, my Mom, who will be 102 in Dec. lives with me. I get up early each morning to have a cup of coffee, before I need to get her up. Most days I log on to BF then, and do not log off until I head to bed. However, just because I am logged on, that does NOT mean that I am constantly on the internet. Much of my days are spent giving Mom medications, making, serving her food, assisting her when she needs to go to the bathroom, laying her down in the afternoon for a nap, etc, PLUS doing everything inside and yard work. Also, because she needs someone with her constantly, I get out of the house approximately 4 hours a week.

Carol, you honestly don't need to answer to that low brow bullshit. Brush it off, lady. You are one of the best things about this place.

Dzone
11-18-2015, 02:12 PM
People shouldnt make fun of service dogs. That was uncalled for. Service dogs perform a dirty job and deserve our total respect! Pull the sticks out of your buttocks

SR
11-18-2015, 02:14 PM
All Carol posted was What a piece of crap...she was then told to remove the stick from her anus...she was talking about a stupid article. She's an older lady and I'm sorry, I was raised to respect those older than you, I would never tell Carol to remove a stick from her anus. Completely disrespectful. She was offended by the comment back to her and responded. Besides....we all have quirks that people don't like, does it really need to be pointed out? I'm a raging bitch, do I need you to point that out? No. You can be an argumentative *******. Do you need that pointed out? No.

I respect my elders as well. I've never said anything disparaging toward or about Carol on this message board. I don't have a single problem with her personally and I respect her as one of the original here. And yeah, I can be argumentative, cynical, an ass, etc. I'm aware of that. That said, I wouldn't talk differently to any one of you in person from the way I talk here.

SR
11-18-2015, 02:14 PM
I find it quite interesting that you THINK you know that I spend hours upon hours daily scouring the internet. For your information, my Mom, who will be 102 in Dec. lives with me. I get up early each morning to have a cup of coffee, before I need to get her up. Most days I log on to BF then, and do not log off until I head to bed. However, just because I am logged on, that does NOT mean that I am constantly on the internet. Much of my days are spent giving Mom medications, making, serving her food, assisting her when she needs to go to the bathroom, laying her down in the afternoon for a nap, etc, PLUS doing everything inside and yard work. Also, because she needs someone with her constantly, I get out of the house approximately 4 hours a week. That's fine. Like I said I don't have a problem with you. I made an observation.

SR
11-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Carol, you honestly don't need to answer to that low brow bullshit. Brush it off, lady. You are one of the best things about this place.

Low brow?

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't think we should respect our elders. Nor should we respect any non specific group of people be it politicians, policemen, homosexuals, footballers - I just never understood the concept of respecting someone just because they are old.

Respect needs to be earned. Being part of a specific group does not earn it.

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 02:23 PM
I might have worded my response to Carol more strongly than I should have, but I stand by my assertion that it's a bit silly to get bent out of shape over a satire article. The onion makes fun of everyone. Not even Peyton Manning is exempt.

SR
11-18-2015, 02:26 PM
I don't think we should respect our elders. Nor should we respect any non specific group of people be it politicians, policemen, homosexuals, footballers - I just never understood the concept of respecting someone just because they are old. Respect needs to be earned. Being part of a specific group does not earn it.

I respect elders for their life experience and their contribution. Now, it's not exclusive because there are gobs of people that don't deserve respect for one reason or another but generally it's the benefit of the doubt.

Now let's talk more about these "footballers".

Ravage!!!
11-18-2015, 02:30 PM
I don't think we should respect our elders. Nor should we respect any non specific group of people be it politicians, policemen, homosexuals, footballers - I just never understood the concept of respecting someone just because they are old.

I'm guessing you must be pretty young, as this seems to be a young person's perspective. Respect should be given without having to be "earned" by you. Respect should be given until there is reason NOT to give it. It's poignant that young people, today, don't think that people older than you deserve respect, which is why we see such a dramatic decline in respect given in today's society.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 02:32 PM
I respect elders for their life experience and their contribution. Now, it's not exclusive because there are gobs of people that don't deserve respect for one reason or another but generally it's the benefit of the doubt.

Now let's talk more about these "footballers".

let talk about you shutting the hell up

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm guessing you must be pretty young, as this seems to be a young person's perspective. Respect should be given without having to be "earned" by you. Respect should be given until there is reason NOT to give it. It's poignant that young people, today, don't think that people older than you deserve respect, which is why we see such a dramatic decline in respect given in today's society.

lol

you must be old - that sounds like an old persons perspective. Someone who views the past through rose tinted glasses. It's poignant that old people think young people have no respect - maybe they have a misplaced sense of entitlement based on their own distorted view of their own righteousness when they were youths.

now for my real feelings - i dont think any specific group of people deserve any more respect than any other group of people. Especially just for being on the planet longer than me.

SR
11-18-2015, 02:43 PM
let talk about you shutting the hell up

:(

Ok.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 02:55 PM
:(

Ok.

Of all the responses i expected from you - i never consider that one!

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Respect should be given without having to be "earned"

Wonderfully stated. I'm actually surprised at the liberal Dave's response. Everyone should be respected, until there is a reason not to give it.

Damn, Ravage!!! - I'm quite proud of you right now and want to give you a hug. No homo.

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 03:03 PM
lol

you must be old - that sounds like an old persons perspective. Someone who views the past through rose tinted glasses. It's poignant that old people think young people have no respect - maybe they have a misplaced sense of entitlement based on their own distorted view of their own righteousness when they were youths.

now for my real feelings - i dont think any specific group of people deserve any more respect than any other group of people. Especially just for being on the planet longer than me.

Cop out. There are definitely some that deserve more respect than others. You're living in a fantasy world.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Cop out. There are definitely some that deserve more respect than others. You're living in a fantasy world.

Ok, what group of people deserve more respect than others based solely on their membership of that group.

I am always willing to change my opinion when presented with a sensible argument that differs from my own.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Everyone should be respected, until there is a reason not to give it.

Not going to disagree with that.

I don't agree that just because someone is a member of a specific group they deserve extra respect, or a free pass.

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Ok, what group of people deserve more respect than others based solely on their membership of that group.

I am always willing to change my opinion when presented with a sensible argument that differs from my own.

Not going to disagree with that.

I don't agree that just because someone is a member of a specific group they deserve extra respect, or a free pass.

I think the whole point is respect deserved until given a reason not to. The elderly in particular (no, not every single one of them) deserve our respect due to their life experiences. It's almost a parent-child thing. They have most likely experienced much more than we have and learned from those experiences and can teach valuable lessons.

Aren't you one of the ones that touts "learn from the past so we don't repeat it?" or am I mistaken?

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 03:18 PM

A veteran vs a criminal

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 03:22 PM
A veteran vs a criminal

A veteran over a criminal -

But the veteran did not deserve blanket respect just for being a veteran. I know a lot of veterans who happen to be huge ass holes lol

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2015, 03:24 PM
I might have worded my response to Carol more strongly than I should have, but I stand by my assertion that it's a bit silly to get bent out of shape over a satire article. The onion makes fun of everyone. Not even Peyton Manning is exempt.

In regards to the article - I stated "what a piece of crap" How did that indicate I was bent out of shape?

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 03:24 PM
I think the whole point is respect deserved until given a reason not to. The elderly in particular (no, not every single one of them) deserve our respect due to their life experiences. It's almost a parent-child thing. They have most likely experienced much more than we have and learned from those experiences and can teach valuable lessons. Aren't you one of the ones that touts "learn from the past so we don't repeat it?" or am I mistaken?

I agree with your first statement, then you just go on to say old people deserve more respect for being old - that's the whole crux of my issue, I don't think they do.

As for the learn from our mistakes, i don't see the link between learning from mistakes and respecting a group of people for being old.

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 03:26 PM
I agree with your first statement, then you just go on to say old people deserve more respect for being old - that's the whole crux of my issue, I don't think they do.

As for the learn from our mistakes, i don't see the link between learning from mistakes and respecting a group of people for being old.

I don't know what to tell you - I guess we'll just agree to disagree and end it.

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 03:27 PM
A veteran over a criminal -

But the veteran did not deserve blanket respect just for being a veteran. I know a lot of veterans who happen to be huge ass holes lol

My point: UNTIL A REASON IS GIVEN NOT TO.

CAPS in an attempt to drive home the point.

Valar Morghulis
My point: UNTIL A REASON IS GIVEN NOT TO. CAPS in an attempt to drive home the point.

And we agree on that lol.

BroncoJoe
In regards to the article - I stated "what a piece of crap" How did that indicate I was bent out of shape?

To be honest - it was your second post that caused the reply.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 03:29 PM
I don't know what to tell you - I guess we'll just agree to disagree and end it.

And I sure can respect that lol

Joe, you are old. I respect you. But it has nothing to do with the fact you are elderly, it's because you are an awesome dude.

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 03:31 PM
And I sure can respect that lol

Joe, you are old. I respect you. But it has nothing to do with the fact you are elderly, it's because you are an awesome dude.

I'm not old, and here's what I think of you calling me that:

v8TKFt3p6Dg

God, I love that movie.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 03:33 PM
I'm not old, and here's what I think of you calling me that: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8TKFt3p6Dg">YouTube Link</a> God, I love that movie.

That's funny lol

I'm impressed with your IT skills, my grand father can't use a computer as well as you

BroncoJoe
11-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Thanks, Dave. Although this was more in line with the kind of response I was looking for:

KniUNdVZvH4

SR
11-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Of all the responses i expected from you - i never consider that one!

Just when you think you know me. ;)

SR
11-18-2015, 04:12 PM
And I sure can respect that lol Joe, you are old. I respect you. But it has nothing to do with the fact you are elderly, it's because you are an awesome dude.

Joe is an awesome dude

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Joe is an awesome old dude

He sure is awesome and old

SR
11-18-2015, 04:18 PM
He sure is awesome and old

I see what you did there

Northman
11-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Wonderfully stated. I'm actually surprised at the liberal Dave's response.

That makes two of us. :lol:

BroncoNut
11-18-2015, 04:50 PM

you bitches did this to yourselves with the feminist movement. so please spare me and the other manginas on this board the martyr routine. you guys and your golden uteri;, disgusting. Plus your anuses aren't above being talked about having a stick up them in a joking manner.

Valar Morghulis
11-18-2015, 04:52 PM
That makes two of us. :lol:

I like to keep you on your toes and mix it up from time to time

BroncoNut
11-18-2015, 04:54 PM
I like to keep you on your toes and mix it up from time to time

I prefer North on his back

Northman
11-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Joe is an awesome dude

Joe is da man.

BroncoNut
11-18-2015, 05:02 PM
you bitches did this to yourselves with the feminist movement. so please spare me and the other manginas on this board the martyr routine. you guys and your golden uteri;, disgusting. Plus your anuses aren't above being talked about having a stick up them in a joking manner.

oh, I guess I should state that this is just a troll post, I don't mean any of it really, Heck I haven't really invested that much in this thread to be quite honest

SR
11-18-2015, 05:13 PM

Lmgdao!!!!!!

SR
11-18-2015, 05:14 PM
oh, I guess I should state that this is just a troll post, I don't mean any of it really, Heck I haven't really invested that much in this thread to be quite honest

Post of the year so far IMO.

DenBronx
11-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Two players with 18 years played lead the league in interceptions, Manning and Woodson.

GEM
11-18-2015, 05:44 PM

I personally love the feminist movement. Single, financially comfortable and no ****wad to tell me what to do. My thanks to those pesky women fighting for female rights, my $75k + bonuses per year wouldn't have happened without them. :D I guess the trade off of having to deal with manginas on a football message board is well worth it. ;)

I Eat Staples
11-18-2015, 05:46 PM

I agree with both of these statements, I don't think they're mutually exclusive. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, but I don't see how being old means you deserve to be treated with MORE respect.

Respect can also be defined subjectively. What some interpret as disrespect, others may not see it that way. For example Andy Dalton and JJ Watt lol.

GEM
11-18-2015, 05:48 PM
I agree with both of these statements, I don't think they're mutually exclusive. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, but I don't see how being old means you deserve to be treated with MORE respect.

Respect can also be defined subjectively. What some interpret as disrespect, others may not see it that way. For example Andy Dalton and JJ Watt lol.

Red rover red rover, let JJ come over! :D

BroncoWave
11-18-2015, 05:49 PM

Agreed. I respect everyone I have not yet met equally. I'm not going to give an old person any more or less respect than a young person if all else is equal. And if an old person is a d-bag, I'm going to respond in kind just as much as I would to a young person. I am an equal-opportunity ass-hole. :)

BroncoNut
11-18-2015, 05:52 PM
I personally love the feminist movement. Single, financially comfortable and no ****wad to tell me what to do. My thanks to those pesky women fighting for female rights, my $75k + bonuses per year wouldn't have happened without them. :D I guess the trade off of having to deal with manginas on a football message board is well worth it. ;)

you go girl! I'm with you from the male perspective. Glad I never married, I would have done so poorly. Feminazies are pretty bad though, you just sound very happily independent.

Buff
11-18-2015, 05:53 PM

Post of the year so far IMO.

Two underrated elements of this post:

1.) The correct application of the plural form of uterus.
2.) Followed by the underutilized semicolon.

I just wish that superfluous comma could have been avoided.

GEM
11-18-2015, 05:55 PM
you go girl! I'm with you from the male perspective. Glad I never married, I would have done so poorly. Feminazies are pretty bad though, you just sound very happily independent.

I chose very poorly...so to save myself a divorce settlement, I stay single. :laugh: I can't imagine having some dude ask me to wash his laundry. :laugh: I have kids for that. :D

MOtorboat
11-18-2015, 07:20 PM

I just want it noted that Gapper basically butchered the entire sentence and then Buff praised him for it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Pure gold-

Canmore
11-18-2015, 10:18 PM

Did you make your eighth grade ceremony?

Nomad
11-18-2015, 11:04 PM
Did you make your eighth grade ceremony.

Just my observation.....you're not very fond of Yashi. LoL.

Valar Morghulis
11-19-2015, 02:23 AM
Agreed. I respect everyone I have not yet met equally. I'm not going to give an old person any more or less respect than a young person if all else is equal. And if an old person is a d-bag, I'm going to respond in kind just as much as I would to a young person. I am an equal-opportunity ass-hole. :)

Yeah. All people get respect for being a human.

How long they keep that respect is based on their actions not their age.

Yashahla17
11-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Respect? Really we talking bout respect??

Yashahla17
11-19-2015, 08:12 AM
Yeah. All people get respect for being a human.

How long they keep that respect is based on their actions not their age.

This is true.

Yashahla17
11-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Did you make your eighth grade ceremony?

Your a gnat.

SR
11-19-2015, 08:25 AM
You're a gnat.

It's "you're" as in "you are".

Canmore
11-19-2015, 08:30 AM
It's "you're" as in "you are".

Doesn't look like it.

BroncoNut
11-19-2015, 10:55 AM
I just want it noted that Gapper basically butchered the entire sentence and then Buff praised him for it.

Totally did not, but you're gonna hate anyway so keep it up

BroncoNut
11-19-2015, 11:00 AM

thanks, it took me awhile (or is it a while) to observe the superfluous comma, I had no idea it happened. it was a typo and at the more exciting parts of the post, so I can see why it happened.

weazel
11-19-2015, 11:03 AM

yeah, if you're going to insult Manning dont veil it with humor. Just spew out hate like Yash does.

wayninja
11-19-2015, 08:56 PM
The article was a 6. The reaction to the article was a 9.

Having a serious reaction to an onion article is something that should be in the onion.

MOtorboat
11-19-2015, 09:12 PM
The article was a 6. The reaction to the article was a 9.

Having a serious reaction to an onion article is something that should be in the onion.

Pudge
11-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Your a gnat.

Remember that one post when you said "looks like the masses have spoken" or something to that effect? Then SR said, "pretty much" or something to that effect...

That was about how much we all think you're a cancer upon society, and this forum. I would be willing to wager that not a single person here enjoys you. Do me a favor, go to your user cp, and tell me how many high fives you have, multiply that by zero, and we'll have the number of people that like you. Quit the forum.

Yashahla17
11-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Lol you are goofy dude. I have like a hundred or two hundred high fives.

Pudge
11-20-2015, 01:12 AM
Lol you are goofy dude. I have like a hundred or two hundred high fives.

The high five part was to set up the multiply it by zero. "Like a hundred or two hundred" multiplied by zero is still zero. No one likes you.

Yashahla17
11-20-2015, 01:23 AM
So im going to discredit the 150 high fives from people around here because you the genius can multiply 150x0 and come up with zero. Thats genius stuff.

tomjonesrocks
11-20-2015, 02:00 AM
Yes. You should discredit. Definitely.

Pudge is 100% correct. Everybody hates you.

Yashahla17
11-20-2015, 02:13 AM
Nope.

Canmore
11-20-2015, 03:19 AM
Nope.

I realize you won't get this.

In yashi's best Jim Carrey's voice..." I'm an idiot", "you're an idiot".

SR
11-20-2015, 07:36 AM
So im going to discredit the 150 high fives from people around here because you the genius can multiply 150x0 and come up with zero. Thats genius stuff.

You know we can physically see when your posts get high-fived right?

Valar Morghulis
11-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Yash17 I think you have potential.

It is masked by huge levels of doucherocket behaviour that manifests on the form of anti manning vitriol and pro Brock masturbation

Yashahla17
11-20-2015, 10:30 AM
You know we can physically see when your posts get high-fived right?

Good so to say nobody be agreeing with me is goofy. Count them up.

Yashahla17
11-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Yash17 I think you have potential.

It is masked by huge levels of doucherocket behaviour that manifests on the form of anti manning vitriol and pro Brock masturbation

I just felt bad for the old man. My passion for manning to get benched was only to avoid seeing the old man leave the game on a cart. That's exactly where this season of manning would have ended up. Anyone who wanted to keep trotting manning out there is a selfish individual. You have to save the old man from themselves from time to time as they save us younger ones from ourselves sometimes.

SR
11-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Good so to say nobody be agreeing with me is goofy. Count them up.

Is that English?

Yashahla17
11-20-2015, 10:58 AM
You get the point. You wouldn't gnat around my post as consistent as you do if you didn't comprehend my post.

SR
11-20-2015, 11:30 AM
You get the point. You wouldn't gnat around my post as consistent as you do if you didn't comprehend my post.

Gnat must be some new hoodlum slang term. I know you use it as an insult, but it's way too stupid to be offensive.

Ravage!!!
11-20-2015, 11:53 AM
I just felt bad for the old man. My passion for manning to get benched was only to avoid seeing the old man leave the game on a cart. That's exactly where this season of manning would have ended up. Anyone who wanted to keep trotting manning out there is a selfish individual. You have to save the old man from themselves from time to time as they save us younger ones from ourselves sometimes.

This is so much BS, that I have to go take a shower after reading it.

Northman
11-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Yoshi be saying:

http://cdn.meme.li/i/gc7ce.jpg

TimHippo
11-20-2015, 12:47 PM

Yeah, stoppa bed bugging our bed posts with your bites, Yashi.

weazel
11-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Make it stop!

Valar Morghulis
11-20-2015, 12:50 PM
they save us younger ones

I think me and you will get along just fine.

MOtorboat
11-20-2015, 12:51 PM
I think me and you will get along just fine.

Your right.

#your

Cugel
11-20-2015, 03:09 PM
What a piece of crap

Lots of people nationwide hate Manning for some reason. I'm not sure why. He's never done anything to make them angry (aside from having a lot of commercials and being one of the greatest all-time NFL QBs).

But, this goes way beyond the frustrated angry Tebowites who still blame Manning for having their hero flushed out of town.

This reflects a nationwide cruel mocking of the guy when he's injured and can't play effectively anymore.

Buff
11-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Mother of god - black hole this thread before more of our embarrassing fans show up and continue to embarrass us.

SR
11-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Lots of people nationwide hate Manning for some reason. I'm not sure why. He's never done anything to make them angry (aside from having a lot of commercials and being one of the greatest all-time NFL QBs). But, this goes way beyond the frustrated angry Tebowites who still blame Manning for having their hero flushed out of town. This reflects a nationwide cruel mocking of the guy when he's injured and can't play effectively anymore.

Is your humor bone broken too? Good lord.

tomjonesrocks
11-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Mother of god - black hole this thread before more of our embarrassing fans show up and continue to embarrass us.

Can we black hole Yasho with it?

BroncoWave
11-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Is your humor bone broken too? Good lord.

Seriously. WTF is wrong with people?

Yashahla17
11-21-2015, 12:23 AM
Gnat must be some new hoodlum slang term. I know you use it as an insult, but it's way too stupid to be offensive.

Slang term my ass, you are one of the few gnats around here, your a gnat because you really aint no factor, your just in the way.

Yashahla17
11-21-2015, 12:25 AM

This was rather embarrassing how emotions and attacks took over instantly over some bull like that.

SR
11-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Slang term my ass, you are one of the few gnats around here, your a gnat because you really aint no factor, your just in the way. That makes zero sense.

But you know something? I've been on this site for over eight years and have never once been banned. People like you don't last long here. You're what the Internet calls a "troll".

Nomad
11-21-2015, 10:36 AM
That makes zero sense.

But you know something? I've been on this site for over eight years and have never once been banned. People like you don't last long here. You're what the Internet calls a "troll".

Wow! Time goes by so fast. I found BM by accident in 2003....that's when my 'no-life' began.:lol: just kidding. Carol invited me here in 07.

TimHippo
11-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Slang term my ass, you are one of the few gnats around here, your a gnat because you really aint no factor, your just in the way.

Gnatsssssss! Shoo, gnats!
Yashi, holla!

tomjonesrocks
11-21-2015, 06:30 PM
I love the irony of a guy who can't complete sentences and only does one thing - bitch in the most annoying manner possible about one topic all day every day - is calling other posters "gnats".

Yashahla17
11-22-2015, 12:56 AM
That makes zero sense.

Okay gnat. Im the troll but you gnats steady replying to my post about stuff that has zero to do with my post?

SR
11-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Okay gnat. Im the troll but you gnats steady replying to my post about stuff that has zero to do with my post?

If you could manage to use proper English (for the most part) with good grammar, spelling and punctuation, I would leave you alone.

Yashahla17
11-22-2015, 10:51 AM
You by your own definition is the actual a troll. Smh these guys be genius

SR
11-22-2015, 10:52 AM

Please refer to my last post, home boy.

Yashahla17
11-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Why do i need to post perfect? My job doesn't even require me to write up essay's, besides theres nothing really wrong with the way i write because its readable. If i was typing like ( oh yah i b cooln out juss chilln watchn da broncos n shid) then that would be a real issue. The youth write just like that though lol.

But anyway get off my back, because at the end of the day by your own definition you are a troll. You harass my post.

Yashahla17
11-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Mort just said people around peyton said elway asking him to take a 10 million pay cut was a sign that they really didn't want manning back and how manning and company knew the day was coming that he'd been benched via injury or just because

I Eat Staples
11-22-2015, 04:28 PM
besides theres nothing really wrong with the way i write because its readable

Based on the 2nd quote I'd have to disagree with the 1st one.

TimHippo
11-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Please refer to my last post, home boy.

Yeah, stop it. You just being a gnat to Yashi. You is biting him.

SR
11-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Yeah, stop it. You just being a gnat to Yashi. You is biting him.

Eh?