PDA

View Full Version : Do we make the playoffs this year?

VonDoom
11-16-2015, 04:53 PM
I wanted to check the temperature of the board after a whirlwind 24 hours. Place your bets now. We have a three game lead with seven to play but we also have to play the Pats, Steelers and Bengals coming up, and we're obviously trending down. Is everyone on the ledge or do we have this? Bold predictions welcome.

MNPatsFan
11-16-2015, 04:57 PM
I would be surprised if the Broncos don't make the playoffs. The Broncos would have to implode in order to blow a 3 game lead in the AFC West and I don't see that happening. The Broncos have too much talent for that to happen IMHO.

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 04:59 PM
We'll make the playoffs - but your choices for the poll are atrocious.

Nomad
11-16-2015, 05:08 PM
BRONCOS will be in the playoffs.

Krugan
11-16-2015, 05:09 PM
I have no confidence that this offense can turn things around, its regressing.

Now they will attempt to run the standard Kubiak offense, with a line who cant run any offense, or so it seems.

Ide be surprised if we score 13 next week.

VonDoom
11-16-2015, 05:09 PM

You think you could do better?

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 05:12 PM

Yes.

tripp
11-16-2015, 05:12 PM
We'll make the playoffs. Don't think we'll have #1 or #2 seed though.

Nomad
11-16-2015, 05:13 PM

Now they will attempt to run the standard Kubiak offense, with a line who cant run any offense, or so it seems.

Reverse psychology? 'Expecting the worst....hoping for the best' angle?

tripp
11-16-2015, 05:18 PM

I think we can score 21 pts offensively. We will definitely need help from the defense, there's no question about that. But I think we can do some positive things on offense to generate a win. I think it'll be a relatively close game.

SR
11-16-2015, 05:19 PM
I think the Broncos still win the division.

Northman
11-16-2015, 05:20 PM

Yea, i dont think its going to be just Oz that helps us get there this year. I think Manning comes back at some point before its over.

Krugan
11-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Reverse psychology? 'Expecting the worst....hoping for the best' angle?

That would be ideal, but sadly im in a funk.

No faith.

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 05:22 PM

Yea, i dont think its going to be just Oz that helps us get there this year. I think Manning comes back at some point before its over.

This is what I should have said...

Mike
Yeah, we make it in. #3 seed.

Nomad

Yeah, it was the point me and Rav was making yesterday. BRONCOS can't just anoint Osweiler the #1. Manning will have his time to heal, and we'll go from there.

Nomad
11-16-2015, 05:25 PM
That would be ideal, but sadly im in a funk.

No faith.

Gotta keep the faith. No faith is draining on a person.

BroncoWave
11-16-2015, 05:36 PM
I think we are pretty much a mortal lock for the 3 seed at this point. Anything else would really surprise me.

tripp
11-16-2015, 05:38 PM
I think we are pretty much a mortal lock for the 3 seed at this point. Anything else would really surprise me.

Bengals could have an absolute melt down, unlikely, but one can hope.

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 05:40 PM
We did have that one year where we had a 3 game lead, with 3 games left to play.....

No playoffs.

Nomad
11-16-2015, 05:41 PM

I know this is a Capt Obvious statement, but BRONCOS definitely gonna have to play better football. They have a rough schedule ahead compared to the Chiefs.

VonDoom
11-16-2015, 05:43 PM
I mostly posted this in jest but I'm glad to see everyone is still confident. And yes, I'm sure Manning will be back at some point. Whoever is out there, we always said we would only need average QB play to be a force with this defense. Can Brock and ultimately Manning provide that?

Nomad
11-16-2015, 05:45 PM
We did have that one year where we had a 3 game lead, with 3 games left to play.....

No playoffs.

Was that the year BRONCOS played the Chargers the last game, and was destroyed? That was a rough one.

tripp
11-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Was that the year BRONCOS played the Chargers the last game, and was destroyed? That was a rough one.

Oooohhhh my sweet sweet Jay Cutler.

gregbroncs
11-16-2015, 05:48 PM
I mostly posted this in jest but I'm glad to see everyone is still confident. And yes, I'm sure Manning will be back at some point. Whoever is out there, we always said we would only need average QB play to be a force with this defense. Can Brock and ultimately Manning provide that?y confidence comes from not seeing how our QB play gets much worse, yet we stand 7-2. Our schedule gets more difficult but with the cushion we have I still believe we make the playoffs.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 05:59 PM
With how bad our division is we will make the playoffs, but if manning had remained the starter we could have been in for a 8-8 division winner after starting the year 7-0 woulda been ugly.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 06:01 PM

No playoffs.

This defense getting healthy down the stretch and the turnovers end then that could never happen again. The defense wouldn't allow it.

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 06:02 PM
With how bad our division is we will make the playoffs, but if manning had remained the starter we could have been in for a 8-8 division winner after starting the year 7-0 woulda been ugly.

Can you make a post that doesn't reference Manning?

It is really getting old, dude. How about you try and show us you actually understand the game instead of the constant Manning bashing.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 06:03 PM
I mostly posted this in jest but I'm glad to see everyone is still confident. And yes, I'm sure Manning will be back at some point. Whoever is out there, we always said we would only need average QB play to be a force with this defense. Can Brock and ultimately Manning provide that?

Manning has proven he cannot provide it, brock gets his shot. If manning can get healthy and come back week 14 and we can see what he looks like. By then if he stinks it up then you just pull the plug. I dont think manning will be healthy going forward into the playoffs unless he sits the rest of the year.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Can you make a post that doesn't reference Manning?

It is really getting old, dude. How about you try and show us you actually understand the game instead of the constant Manning bashing.

Have you paid attention to 80% of your post? They have been about manning along with many other posters. When we was kicking ass a few years ago it was all about manning, now when he's a liability i cant talk about manning? Bull! All of my post are not about manning anyway so get real dude.

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Have you paid attention to 80% of your post? They have been about manning along with many other posters. When we was kicking ass a few years ago it was all about manning, now when he's a liability i cant talk about manning? Bull! All of my post are not about manning anyway so get real dude.

I have nearly 22,000 posts on this site since 2007, and many of us came from a defunct site that have been together since 2004. So no - you're wrong.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Are you really going to make me quote all your manning post? Most people here has been talking about manning whether it's delusional support and excuses for him, or guys on the fence, or guys like me who think hes finished. Dont sit here and make it seem like im the only one talking about manning. Or act like every single post is about manning. And even if it was then so what bro? He got all the glory a couple years ago. And rightfully so he was dominating the regular season.

Nomad
11-16-2015, 06:16 PM
I'll support Manning because he's a BRONCO, or unless he throws his support under the bus....ie teammates, fans, etc. Coaches will decide if Manning is unfit for duty, but I believe it goes beyond the coaches to just strip him of being the #1 QB.

BroncoJoe
11-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Are you really going to make me quote all your manning post? Most people here has been talking about manning whether it's delusional support and excuses for him, or guys on the fence, or guys like me who think hes finished. Dont sit here and make it seem like im the only one talking about manning. Or act like every single post is about manning. And even if it was then so what bro? He got all the glory a couple years ago. And rightfully so he was dominating the regular season.

I'm guessing you're like 20-something, right?

Please research my posts. I've claimed Manning might be done, but always thought it was a sad state of affairs, and hoped he could come back and finish in style. You on the other hand are nothing but a Manning basher.

Nomad
11-16-2015, 06:17 PM

Please research my posts. I've claimed Manning might be done, but always thought it was a sad state of affairs, and hoped he could come back and finish in style. You on the other hand are nothing but a Manning basher.

When I drank a lot, I'd post stupid stuff too. :lol:

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 06:19 PM
One thing for sure is were about to play alot of playoff teams were likely to face in the playoffs. This couldn't be a better time for brock to get crucial experience verses great teams with the stakes high. But first thing first is taking care of the bears. I like how we match up verses the bears defensively.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 06:23 PM

Yeah i am 20 something.

Okay call me a manning basher if you want, but yet during the green bay game I was one of his biggest fans. I was happy to see the old man play decent for once. If manning still had it you think id be talking these sad reality facts? No sir i am not delusional.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 06:24 PM
When I drank a lot, I'd post stupid stuff too. :lol:

I don't drink so i guess I'm just stupid.

NightTerror218
11-16-2015, 06:24 PM
We will make playoffs with Brock or Manning. The defense is leading this team. If the offense does not turn the ball over then we can win any game with this defense alone.

Nomad
11-16-2015, 06:29 PM

Didn't say you were stupid.....it's a public forum and you're entitled to your opinion. I believe you're fully aware of what you write.

jhildebrand
11-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Super Bowl Bound!

Cugel
11-16-2015, 07:20 PM

Totally agree. Especially since Peyton is going to return this season.

How can people seriously ask this question?

The Chiefs would have to win 10 in a row to win this division. They've won 3 which is nice but does anybody think they'll just win out? No? Then at best they can finish 10-6 and probably 9-7 is more likely.

Same thing for the Raiders who haven't moved up on the Broncos despite the Broncos losing their last 2 games - because the Raiders punted both of theirs too. Not going to happen either.

So, 9-7 wins the division, maybe 10-6, at worst case scenario, 11-5.

And this team has 7 wins now, so they would at worst need to go 4-3 the rest of the way, and 2-5 might still win the division. Even with Brock Osweiler at the helm they probably win 3 games (two are against San Diego which is 2-7 right now).

So, unless you think the Chiefs or Raiders are going to win out, this division race is over.

Cugel
11-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah i am 20 something.

Okay call me a manning basher if you want, but yet during the green bay game I was one of his biggest fans. I was happy to see the old man play decent for once. If manning still had it you think id be talking these sad reality facts? No sir i am not delusional.

Sorry, but you are utterly delusional! :coffee:

You just bash Peyton and refuse to properly analyze what's going on behind the scenes. You're the worst kind of superficial fan who just looks at the surface of things and doesn't have a clue!

Because Peyton is NOT "washed up". He's injured and the OL is injured and playing like hot garbage. No less an expert than Bill Polian looked at every play from this season and has said he doesn't see any physical reason why Peyton couldn't play another season. That was before his most recent injury of course.

In a system designed around running the ball they can't run the ball. They can't protect Manning and, in Kubiak's words "he got beaten up the last 3 weeks."

In fact, you can't and don't bother to investigate WHY Peyton played well in the Packers game, but badly in the last game.

Well, it's not a mystery. He got 2 weeks off to heal up, the OL got healthy and they ran the ball effectively. This week none of that was true so he played terrible.

Now you can go right back to your shallow and biased drivel.

SR
11-16-2015, 07:30 PM

You can't type worth a shit, so I'll be your Huckleberry...quote away.

Dzone
11-16-2015, 07:37 PM
No less an expert than Bill Polian looked at every play from this season and has said he doesn't see any physical reason why Peyton couldn't play another season.

Whoaa! Another year? Seriously Polian? It would be great if he could, but his body is degenerating rapidly.

Timmy!
11-16-2015, 08:10 PM

Yoink

Rick
11-16-2015, 08:22 PM
I think Brock just has to be decent to get us to the playoffs. Superbowl...that is a different story.

Poet
11-16-2015, 08:42 PM
BroncoJoe is my dude and he should not be disrespected in this manner.

Yashahla17
11-16-2015, 09:44 PM
Sorry, but you are utterly delusional! :coffee:

You just bash Peyton and refuse to properly analyze what's going on behind the scenes. You're the worst kind of superficial fan who just looks at the surface of things and doesn't have a clue!

Because Peyton is NOT "washed up". He's injured and the OL is injured and playing like hot garbage. No less an expert than Bill Polian looked at every play from this season and has said he doesn't see any physical reason why Peyton couldn't play another season. That was before his most recent injury of course.

In a system designed around running the ball they can't run the ball. They can't protect Manning and, in Kubiak's words "he got beaten up the last 3 weeks."

In fact, you can't and don't bother to investigate WHY Peyton played well in the Packers game, but badly in the last game.

Well, it's not a mystery. He got 2 weeks off to heal up, the OL got healthy and they ran the ball effectively. This week none of that was true so he played terrible.

Now you can go right back to your shallow and biased drivel.

Lol i hear you cugel. What are you going to do when manning is gone next year? Or even this year?

CrazyHorse
11-16-2015, 11:05 PM
10-6 should get us a playoff spot. I think we can win 3 out of 7 with Osweiler.

Magnificent Seven
11-17-2015, 02:47 AM
This season reminds me of John Elway-Bubby Brister Era.

Never ends well with legends. Only Elway had a cinderella finish. Peyton Manning might have a cinderella finish, too. Who Knows? I believe in Mile High Magic.

Canmore
11-17-2015, 03:11 AM

For the next 5 minutes 99% off.

Canmore
11-17-2015, 03:14 AM

Quoted for accuracy.

7DnBrnc53
11-17-2015, 03:24 AM
I will reserve judgment until after the next two games. If they win those with 17, then they will definitely make the playoffs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2015, 12:25 PM
There's a good chance we get the Colts at home in the WC game.

Timmy!
11-17-2015, 12:34 PM
There's a good chance we get the Colts at home in the WC game.

Not really. I highly doubt two teams from the AFC south make the playoffs. As a 3 seed, we are likely to get Bills, jets, steelers maybe raiders. However with Cincy losing and then going to AZ next week the 2 seed isn't out of question yet.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Not really. I highly doubt two teams from the AFC south make the playoffs. As a 3 seed, we are likely to get Bills, jets, steelers maybe raiders. However with Cincy losing and then going to AZ next week the 2 seed isn't out of question yet.

Good point.

Ravage!!!
11-17-2015, 02:05 PM
we probably do, but honestly at this point...don't really care. I mean, its ALWAYS great to win the AFC West, but we all know we aren't going "anywhere" in the playoffs if we make it. I'm just more intrested to see how the team develops from this point forward. The offense is going to be quite a bit different from now on, and that's pretty exciting considering what we've seen from the first half of the year.

Better than anything else, we get to see the Chiefs sit at home, again.

Valar Morghulis
11-17-2015, 02:15 PM
We win out.

Number one seed.

New England to lose at least one division game. Same with Cincinnati.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2015, 02:23 PM
We win out.

Number one seed.

New England to lose at least one division game. Same with Cincinnati.

I like you Dave.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-17-2015, 02:24 PM
I like you Dave.

In fact, I'll have a Sam Adams tonight in your honor.

Cugel
11-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Whoaa! Another year? Seriously Polian? It would be great if he could, but his body is degenerating rapidly.

His body is not "degenerating rapidly" he's getting beaten up because the OL is putrid and then he got seriously hurt.

This offense is designed to run the ball, but they can't run the ball.

That puts all the pressure on the QB.

Only they can't hold their blocks for more than around 2 seconds either, which means Peyton has to constantly throw with pressure in his face. Then he takes a beating.

He's 39. Of course he can't take that kind of beating week in and week out, he gets injured.

I blame John Elway for not going out and getting a stud OL, and especially for not trading for Joe Thomas.

If they had Joe Thomas they could run the ball and he can stone wall any defender in the NFL one-on-one. Nobody on the Broncos OL can do that and it shows.

I doubt Peyton will play another year and almost certainly not for the Broncos. Not in this system with this crappy OL that can't protect him. What would be the point?

Every intelligent reporter or fan was worried BEFORE the season about how this OL could possibly hold up. How could they hope to protect a 39 year old QB with rookie Ty Sambrailo?

Only it got worse than that when Sambrailo too got hurt. Nobody on this OL is playing well. You saw Brock take a pounding just like Peyton has.

He's more mobile so he can sometimes escape the rush, but why can't they get an OL that could play well enough so he wouldn't have to?

Cugel
11-17-2015, 04:28 PM
I think Brock just has to be decent to get us to the playoffs. Superbowl...that is a different story.

You are right about that. If the Chiefs win out they'd be 11-5. At worst the Broncos would need to win 4 out of 7 remaining games.

And does anybody think the Chiefs having started the season at 1-5 are then going 10-0? Or even 9-1? If not then they aren't winning the division.

How about the Raiders? They're also 4-5 and lost their last 2 games. Same thing for them. And the Chargers are already 5 games back with 7 to play. They're toast.

Broncos hold the tie-breakers over all.

Winning the SB though? That would require a healthy Peyton and an OL that could block effectively in the run game, as well as the defense playing great.

SR
11-17-2015, 04:32 PM
I don't think even a healthy Manning helps Denver's Super Bowl odds.

BroncoJoe
11-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Or, maybe our QB position has been playing like hot garbage, and all that other blah, blah, blah you posted above wouldn't even really matter.

Your LT assessment is classic Cugel though - we have one of the best LT's in the game, who got hurt in TC. Then, our drafted player gets hurt. We've also drafted or brought in via free agency other OL players.

Yep - Elway hasn't done anything to address the OL.

Joe Thomas was a pipedream, and I'm glad Elway didn't mortgage the future to bring him in.

jhildebrand
01-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Super Bowl Bound!

I told you guys :coffee:

BroncoWave
01-26-2016, 06:29 PM

And this is why I do not bet on sports.

Pudge
01-26-2016, 06:32 PM

I put $20 on the Broncos to win the Superbowl back in October. 10:1 odds. I left the ticket in my wallet the whole time, it's pretty wore, I hope they can still scan it

BroncoJoe
01-26-2016, 06:44 PM

This is what I should have said...

Please research my posts. I've claimed Manning might be done, but always thought it was a sad state of affairs, and hoped he could come back and finish in style. (edited to take out the garbage...)

Nice.

TXBRONC
01-26-2016, 06:48 PM

It was a logical guess. No one could see Denver winning enough games to overtake the ****Patriots. Who would thought they (the ****Patriots) would go 2-4 the final six weeks of the season?

Joel
01-27-2016, 01:57 AM
To be fair, that was the smart bet when you said it. We'd just lost back-to-back games and our starting QB, replaced the latter with a guy who'd NEVER started, and still had to face BOTH AFC teams that were #1 and #2 at the time. Unless our untested backup QB halted the skid in a hurry, there was even a decent chance the team that started it could win its division, make up our 3-game lead and make us the FOUR seed thanks to the head-to-head win—if KC didn't win the division and eliminate us outright.

Oz, Manning and this WHOLE TEAM showed a lot of heart to bounced back from those losses and the ones against Pitt and hosting Oakland so we could claim the #1 seed, and then to gut out close home playoff wins against Pitt and NE* to reach the SB. The Cheats stumbling down the stretch helped some with the seeding, but effectively just made up for OUR stumbles against Pitt and Oakland: Beating NE* and Cincy, even at home, even in OT, won us the #1 seed by RIGHT.

However, anyone who sincerely predicted that in mid-November is either the biggest homer in the world or should buy a daily lottery ticket (one's all they'll need.)

Joel
01-27-2016, 02:06 AM
I put $20 on the Broncos to win the Superbowl back in October. 10:1 odds. I left the ticket in my wallet the whole time, it's pretty wore, I hope they can still scan it
Not bad, but if you really wanna make some nice money with little risk, the time for that's preseason. I heard Vegas had at something like 85:1 odds to win SB XXXII when I "hopped on the Broncos bandwagon" during SB XXXI: Perennial overhyped underachievers who'd just lost their only playoff game, against a two-year-old expansion team. Too bad I didn't know that or have a spare $20 to put down. Then again, that was the third of four straight SB champs I correctly picked during the PREVIOUS Conference Championships; if I'd put my money where my mouth was Vegas probably would've put ME in a landfill. :tongue: